Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tara - I still have not been able to reconcile these things in my mind and w/LoA either. To be honest, I just stopped trying to think about it. I do know that circumstances in my life which were horrible (when I was a child) I did not *ask* for. Now, whether or not the people in my life, i.e., my parents, asked for it, I don't know. I think so. In *my* mind, that's how it works. I don't think innocent children can attract such things.

barefoot mama - sensitive? Totally. I do not read the news. At. All. Sometimes I'll browse the headlines on yahoo or something if it's up but that's it. I count on dh to keep me up to date on the stuff I need to know. Sometimes I miss reading the NYT but what's the point? It just makes me sad.

I'm sensitive to tons of other stuff too. (Well, almost everything really. )
My feelings are easily hurt, loud noises hurt my head, I could go on and on.

Anyway, I posted that link to the thread in TAO because I saw the title, scrolled down a *little* and thought about it for a second. I wondered if I should have read more replies and responded in an effort to educate and dispel the myths. Then I thought, nah, this is not for me. I'll post something and it'll be taken out of context, I'll get my feelings hurt and it'll turn into a pi$$ing match.

So, I linked to the thread, not to start a war, but b/c I really hate to see some of them *missing out* on what we know, yk?

Oh, btw, I saw a couple of posts about The Secret on one of the Catholic threads too. I am Catholic. I read parts of the thread (and I never do) because it was about Advent. Personally, I don't feel that LoA is any different from what Jesus said, "Ask and you shall receive," so I don't have any problems w/my religion and my *spirituality* clashing.

Some of the moms were telling each other that the Secret was about astrology and other things that are false. I pondered then, do I jump into the thread in order to educate and again, I thought, no. It's not for me to do.
#182 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 PM

There is nothing to defend. We each have our own path. We each choose our own thoughts/beliefs and manifest our own story.

All is well.

Pat

I have a blog.
#183 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Dons Mod Hat

We're really not supposed to be referring to or directing each other to other threads per the UA (#8). So if we could edit and keep discussions to positive thinking topics on this thread, it would be greatly appreciated. (and more 'Secretive' anyway )

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#184 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM

Where's the "sorry" smilie?
#185 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Speaking generally--

I think that "do people attract everything in their experience" is an interesting subject to think about.

However, when it goes into "what about all that bad stuff" ... there is a risk of focusing on the bad stuff and really not feeling good. And then from that feeling-place... well I don't need to explain to anyone why feeling bad feels bad!

So that's a big risk in that subject for those of us who aren't yet immune to focusing on unhappy stuff. The subject itself is a good one, but risky.

So just as a reminder to everybody that I needed myself... choose the better feeling thought, whatever it may be.
#186 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 PM

You all will want to listen to this song. It will give you chill bumps. It is called "I Am Exactly Where I Need To Be". You'll want to get up and sway with the music and dance around the room with her voice enchanting you. It is uplifting, inspirational and mesmerizing. We are going to hear her locally later this month!!

http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

I am Exactly where I need to be.

Pat

I have a blog.
#187 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Speaking generally--

I think that "do people attract everything in their experience" is an interesting subject to think about.
For me, I think this is resolved by not messing around in other people's pie. The question is not "do people"? It is "do I?" And I get to answer that for myself, and you for yourself and so on.

With regard to helping others, if I see you in danger, I will feel bad if I do not help, and I will feel good if I do. So even if I am the most selfish of the LoA-ers around, I help.
#188 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
This is a great way of explaining it. Thanks. I do agree and know I create my own perception.

I'm going to take a break from the convo. I don't think I'm being understood. I was not challenging anyone beliefs. I felt compelled, for some reason, to tell you guys where I was in my journey and unfortunately I feel like maybe it's been taken as a challenge. Maybe not. I'm just a student here learning and sharing and I feel like it's time to go back to learning since my sharing seems to be giving me a little tension.

I'll be reading as usual
T
Oh Tara! : I don't think anyone felt challenged! I for one appreciate your honesty. I can't always wrap my mind around that whole idea either...so I don't try! I just focus on how I'm choosing to deal with stuff now.

I will say that I've spent a great part of my life not feeling safe, because of the tragedies in my childhood. Now for the first time, I'm realising that I'm as safe as I choose to be! That in itself has been unbelievably liberating to me (as well as being what aloowed me to clean a car full of stuff out of my closet and find over $300 in the process ). Did I choose those things before I was born? I have no idea. I will say that the things I've heard people on this thread say about past lives and before-brith stuff are very thought-provoking, but I'm not sure how much I personally resonate with it. It's one belief system, that I can choose if it works for me. If it doesn't, I don't have to.

I just want to say that you belong here 100%, whatever your beliefs! You're part of us.

Your post on Amris's "What if" thread gave me shivers, BTW. It was REAL!!!
#189 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

Where's the "sorry" smilie?
Apology accepted. No worries.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#190 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 PM

I leave y'all alone for a few hours and you manage to write 4 pages, get into a debate AND violate the UA? Geez! :

Well I am buzzing too hard to even THINK because Oh. My. Stars. the guy I went to lunch with? Who I met yesterday? WAS EVEN HOTTER THAN I REMEMBERED. So-so conversation, probably not my soul mate but he definitely had the external packaging AND all the accessories So, we will be seeing him again. DAY-UM he was gorgeous.

I really feel that dating for me is kind of like raising your vibration... each guy I meet is a step up from the last one. It's only a matter of time before I meet The One!! Also, each one kind of adds a piece to the puzzle of all the qualities I'm looking for. I wish I could Build-a-Boy, like Frankenstein did, out of all the pieces of guys I've dated. Wouldn't that be cool? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Hey, I see a coincidence?!?!, when you are away from this thread and us, your vibe goes down. Perhaps, you need to hang out with us more. ::

Pat
I totally agree. Nothing gets me buzzing like this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
When I first watched The Secret, and even through about a week ago, I was really flying high. It effected major areas of my life, but especially being able to access a deep sense of gratitude, and my relationship to ttc. I felt joyful so much of the time, and really felt empowered. I know I'm writing in the past tense, here, and it's not that it's all gone, but it seems harder to access. I stopped taking a very low-dose antidepressant about 3 weeks ago, and now I'm wondering if I should take it again. If that made it easier for me to access the FEELING of gratitude, and joy, then maybe that's something I should just GIVE myself, you know?

I haven't noticed anyone else talking about depression, but I would love your thoughts. I want my joy, and I want to feel gratitude again, and consistently.
Hey Celeste!! ... I am not knowledgeable about this at all, but just from the experiences of people I know, I wish you'd try some nutritional/homeopathic stuff before going back on meds. That stuff is way scary. I have heard The Mood Cure is awesome, Omega-3 supplements, etc...
but of course I will support you no matter what

Quote:
Anybody interested?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=628720
ETA: As soon as I finish resolving another "issue" (this time an email issue) I gotta run!

Damned Mercury. When that retrograde over?
What happened with this thread? I totally missed it and now it's erased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I felt this, too
The first time I saw him I loved him, as corny as that sounds. He will admit only to thinking I was hot
Quote:
Neither? I wasn't really thinking about life partnering one way or the other. I just fell in love with him. There were a lot of practical complications though, which were distracting... we met while traveling in India, lived in different countries, etc etc etc. He did start proposing to me early on, though.
Y'all's stories are making me feel so great and hopeful that the same thing can happen for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
Dons Mod Hat

We're really not supposed to be referring to or directing each other to other threads per the UA (#8). So if we could edit and keep discussions to positive thinking topics on this thread, it would be greatly appreciated. (and more 'Secretive' anyway )
Does this apply to all threads or only the "debate" type ones? Cause I can definitely see not wanting to fan flames, that makes perfect sense, but sometimes it's really helpful to direct people to other threads about a topic they want to know about. Is that a no-no too? Not trying to be a pain, just genuinely curious!!
#191 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I find myself procrastinating about things regularly, and I don't particularly enjoy it. (As in, it feels like it is coming from a negative place.)
I think that for me not taking action that I know would help manifest something that I want comes from a place of resistance to the thing that I want. There is something out of wack between what I want and what I believe about what I want. For example, if I want I tidy house and believe that the only way to get it is through dudgery, I'll put off tidying up!

Quote:
I stopped taking a very low-dose antidepressant about 3 weeks ago, and now I'm wondering if I should take it again. If that made it easier for me to access the FEELING of gratitude, and joy, then maybe that's something I should just GIVE myself, you know?

I haven't noticed anyone else talking about depression, but I would love your thoughts. I want my joy, and I want to feel gratitude again, and consistently.
I've lost track of who posted this! Sorry!!!

I think this path has a great deal to offer you. I highly recommend the book Ask and It is Given by Hicks. The second half of this book has exercises to do to work through your feelings and gradually choose higher ones. Run to your book store, get this book, get a spiral notebook, and start the exercises!!!!

(If you want to take anti-depressants, that is OK. I prefer to not take them but different things are right for different people. I recommend the book either way )

Quote:
I just am not fully there with the belief that I have created everything that has ever happened to me.
me either!

Quote:
I was trying to give a few examples of how I am struggling to come to full understanding of what is taught in the secret. I do live a very blessed life and I am very grateful for all the abundance I have, but I am also human and have wants that I do occasionally think about. ...
I'm going to take a break from the convo. I don't think I'm being understood.

I had a horrific childhood too and I also don't feel that I "caused" it. I find meaning in past because it has helped make me who I am and I have learned from it, but I don't think that I created it. I create the meaning from it.

Quote:
I felt compelled, for some reason, to tell you guys where I was in my journey and unfortunately I feel like maybe it's been taken as a challenge. Maybe not. I'm just a student here learning and sharing and I feel like it's time to go back to learning since my sharing seems to be giving me a little tension.
I'm sorry that it isn't feeling good for you.

Working the LOA has brought up all sorts of things for me, some of which I thought I had dealt with before, and some of which I had thought were too minor to bother dealing with. I'm just going through them one by one, being real with myself and choosing a slightly higher thought. I do a lot of journaling, some yoga, and I've just started meditating.

This is hard stuff you are working through and I don't think that there are any simple answers. I think it is more about how feelings that about an intellectual understanding or conversation.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#192 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:02 PM

Oh, and my friend asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this summer!!

What a fun day!
#193 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Anyone else VERY sensitive? The past year or so I have had to stop watching the news, reading the paper, and reading anything negative on line. I haven't even been able to read those negative articles about the Secret.

I can't sleep when the neighbor's hot tub is running and I hear the smallest sounds. We spent the night at my IL's a few months ago and after the kids were in bed we sat in the living room and I heard three different sounds just going on and on and bugging the heck out of me. I finally asked what the noise was and they looked at me like I was nuts. I never turn on the TV (OK, once a week because dh wants me to watch Boston Legal with him) because I can't stand the noise. When the kids watch their one hour of TV a day, they have to do it in the basement so I can't hear it. I could go on, but you get the idea!
I am a very highly sensitive person - emotionally and also in terms of my senses. My boys are also. More when I'm not holding a wiggling babe.

Quote:
I have avoided all of those things since 9/11. I had a newborn in my arms and knew where I needed to place my energy. And chose joy instead (and sleep ).

But, magnesium deficiency can cause increased noise sensitivity. I am a magnesium pusher now. Every other page, I talk about The Miracle of Magnesium. http://www.ctds.info/noise-sensitivity.html

Pat
I too was holding a newborn that day, but it has only been recently that I have stopped watching the news.

And I'm a total magnesium pusher! It's the first thing I tell people to supplement.

Quote:
There is nothing to defend. We each have our own path. We each choose our own thoughts/beliefs and manifest our own story.

All is well.

Pat
I this.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#194 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM

I'm only on page 6 of 10 with my catching up and multi-quoting, but this was getting long enough

Quote:
Any thoughts on procrastinating?
Procrastinating? What's that? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
The sun is shining and the grass is green!
It really is. And thanks, I needed the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I LOVE THIS! This is my new mentality. I'm not procrastinating, I'm pausing and building energy. Fab!
I must be building up a ton of energy right now, then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
In reality, it is impossible for humans to exist in a state of non-action.
When you percieve yourself as "procrastinating," what you are really doing is making consistent weakening decisions.
Every weakening decision you make makes it easier to make weakening choices. Every strengthening decision you make, makes it easier to make strengthening choices on a more consistent basis.
So each time you think of making a strong decision and it seems difficult, remind yourself, "Just do it this time. Next time, it will be easier." And so on.
Procrastination and laziness are the state of making continual bad choices:
You know- before I would have just brushed this all off. All of it. Now...I see how right you are.

I also see that this means I should probably get to work cleaning this house

I do have a problem getting up the desire to do things that seem "hard" to me, whether physically/emotionally, whatever it may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I just can't keep up with these mega-threads.
This reminds me, I think I brought this up once before, but- once we get our sub-forum, are we still going to have one mega-catch-all thread? I think this thread feels like talking to a friend...you get to hear what's going on in their life, what they've been doing...some of that stuff would be hard to fit in one category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
(but if anyone wants to manifest me a washer and dryer that would be fab )
craigslist.org? I find free and very inexpensive ones all the time.

Quote:
Do you think it hurts or helps me to hang out/date guys that I know I won't end up with, but are fun and amusing in the now?
Quote:
No - I think you need to do the "obligatory dating" thing before you find the right one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I would say that the dating process is a way to weed out who you are interested in a relationship with.
I agree with all of these, plus- contrast is a good thing. You see qualities in guys you like, and it helps you to add those to your "order" to the Universe for the perfect man. Plus, you also get to see all of the things you don't like, which helps you focus on what you do want in a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
By Thursday morning Mercury will be direct!: (and maybe the banana will start moving again! )
Well, hey hey, look at that! You fixed the banana!

Oops, I think I broke it again. Darn.

Quote:
....oh and nothing wrong with a good old fashioned hot make-out session ...that's just a perk my friend
EXACTLY. Enjoy the "now"

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#195 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Ok, what this thread needs is to manifest some chocolate.

At last!
Delicious Gourmet Dairy Free
Chocolates For Serious Chocolate Lovers

Dairy-Free ~ Lactose Free ~ Casein Free ~ Gluten Free ~ Vegan

http://www.chocolatedecadence.com/product.htm

Pat

I have a blog.
#196 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3efo2vs84

This is soothing and beautiful!

Pat

I have a blog.
#197 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
We are all at different places, and we may never end up at the same place. And that's more than okay, that's great. That's how it should be.

So, for me, I gladly accept the belief that there was meaning in my suffering. That my soul chose it for a higher purpose and a higher meaning.
I don't believe that the things I've "suffered" (I'm using quotes because they also contained much learning) are random, nor are they as direct punishment

Quote:
And personally, I don't think that experiencing bad or good has anything to do with whether you are a good person or not. Many good people experience bad things. It's not a question, I think, of being a good or a bad person. .

I believe the majority of people are good people, even some of the ones that seem to screw it all up. Being a good person doesn't necessarily equate to happiness, IMO.

Quote:
Anyone else VERY sensitive? The past year or so I have had to stop watching the news, reading the paper, and reading anything negative on line.
Yes, i stopped watching the new a few years ago. I'm much happier as a result. And yes like light, noise and crowds can be really overwhelming for me and I've chosen to remove excessively negative people from my sphere, they bring out the worst in me.

Quote:
I have to say that if everything that has happened to me has led to the person I am today (and I believe it has)--- then I am grateful for every experience I've had, even the ones from childhood which were abusive and unhappy.

I also believe though that there is a huge difference between attracting and *deserving*

I mean, we can dissect all day long did we manifest this or that or the other, our childhoods, how did we attract this or that experience, whether we even did or didn't attract or manifest it ---

We are here now. We are all here now, in this life, in this moment, and not one bit of any of our histories can ever be changed. Not one bit of our hurts, our abuse, not one single solitary second of the past is in our power to change, correct, undo....

We are here now.

What is it you are going to do with today and tomorrow?

That question in my humble opinion serves me far, far better than choosing to suffer today just because I suffered then.
#198 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM

I have been catching up and clicking that multi-quote button for 3 HOURS now. :

Quote:
And we can all have our personal chefs whip up a delicious hors d'oeuvre to bring!
The word "whip" made me want Cool Whip.

I've been like a pregnant lady with my cravings the last few days

Quote:
...well, except maybe a makeout session with a hot guy
And you made me crave a makeout session.

Quote:
I don't think they should miss out on Tara's beautiful writing.
Tara, the foreword is absolutely beautiful. Amazing job.

Quote:
Well, anyway, I just posted a bunch of self-portraits in my blog-- see the link in my siggy. That's me!
For some reason, you look nothing like I expected you to. You're beautiful, though!

Quote:
Unless you want to manifest snow and we can do that too.
I can only manifest a forecast for snow. I need to be more specific, I guess, and make it clear that I actually want to see some snow on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

$250!!!

Again:

You've almost got me to the point where I'm ready to quit procrastinating so I can go find some money!

Almost.

Quote:
Do you all think I need to use multi-quote, or what?!
Are you the reason there was 6 new pages in the 6 hours I was gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
man, this morning, first my computer (and then all the computers in our office) had a major glitch, and then my phone quit working.
It's bizarre- the same things have been going on with me. I'm quite skilled with the computer, and I'm forgetting how to do the most simple things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I am not touching that new thread with a ten foot pole, To those of you who can join in that sort of thing and *not* end up losing your buzzes May the Force Be With You I'm staying in my safe little haven here
Which thread is this? I probably shouldn't even ask, because I know I'll go check it out, but...

Quote:

I'm not living a life where my agony was meaningless.
And if it's random, or if it's all at the whim of some other person, then it's meaningless. ASo, for me, I gladly accept the belief that there was meaning in my suffering. Because for ME, to do anything else makes me a worthless human being. So while I respect your right to believe in random evil and random acts of a hateful god that all contain no point, no purpose, and no meaning, I hope you can respect the fact that I will always, and forever, reject the very idea with the very fabric of my being.
Your post made me cry. I am just getting to the point where I can accept everything that happened in my past. I still don't know why I had that experience- but I now see what it taught me. It made me the person I am today. It's made me strong, and it's taught me to take care of myself. I wouldn't be the person I am today, had I not had that experience.

So for that, I am grateful.

Quote:
I have to say that if everything that has happened to me has led to the person I am today -- a person who is a fantastic, loving, caring, deep, compassionate, empathetic, understanding, funny, smart, talented then I am grateful for every experience I've had, even the ones from childhood which were abusive and unhappy.
I also believe though that there is a huge difference between attracting and *deserving*.
I mean, we can dissect all day long did we manifest this or that or the other, our childhoods, how did we attract this or that experience, whether we even did or didn't attract or manifest it ---
We are here now. We are all here now, in this life, in this moment, and not one bit of any of our histories can ever be changed.

We are here now.
I think I will make my signature, "We are here now", if you don't mind. It speaks volumes to me at the moment.

I agree with everything you said, too, and you also made me cry. Attracting and deserving are such different things. Sure, we may attract a car accident- that doesn't mean we deserve to be in a car accident. It means we simply got our wish, we got what had been on our mind.

I'm not concerned about what happened in my past, and I'm not even concerned about my future. I'm living now. I am here. I'll learn from (and appreciate) the past, I'll look forward to the future- but for now, I'm living in this moment and this moment only. I'm enjoying the now.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#199 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:11 PM

My friends, I need some health related advice please.

Every time I go for any kind of routine medical test, I always get called back cause they think they see something or the test in inconclusive or they need another sample, yada yada yada, but then it turns out ok.

This is getting old. I try putting a positive spin on it like I'm so grateful I have great health insurance, I'm so grateful for this kind person taking care of me, I'm so grateful people are thorough. But this is getting really old. I get anxious. Scared. Thank you!

I also need to take care of a very closed loved one this week who is hurt and I am feeling anxious and cranky and scared. Again I try to focus on the positive but find it a challenge. Frankly this is someone I look to for support and I have to be the rock now. So I feel grateful for them , but stressed.

I'm trying to watch/listen to positive media like Watching the Secret, listening to AAIIG on tape etc.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#200 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM

Can I ask you guys for some hlep?

I've been posting on my blog (see link in signature). Can I have opinions? Helpfull? Not helpful? Too wordy? And how do I get it out there so that people see it? can I link it to something ot other?

I'm not quite sure where I want to go with it - i just wanted to get started and get something OUT THERE! I'm sticking with "everything is easy" and trusting the rest will come, but I'm still a bit Why I am I doing this? What's my aim? etc. etc. It took me the better part of an hour to get today's post down (AND I coudn't figure out how to edit the typos). I need to manifest some clarity!
#201 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
subbing, and hoping to keep up better this week. I am feeling way less than buzzing and not sure what to do about it. Lovely journaling ideas that require more than a couple minutes uninterrupted concentration have not been a possibility for me of late. Guess I need a more uninterrupted time affirmation? Or just to leave the computer off more? But coming here usually lifts me up...

Any ideas for how to get my cat to poop in the box instead of the floor? This has been going on for months, like since we brought the kittens home in September, and I am really really ready for it to change. Sorry to be on the low side.. it'll pass, I know.
I don't know if this was already answered. With dogs, you put their food or bedding any place they go that's inapropriate. Shoukd work for cats.
#202 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 08:41 PM

I keep wanting to join in but this stuff moves so fast! Just a quick hello a thank you for being here when I need a pick me up.

One thought about the bad things in our lives. It's what we decide that they mean that counts. If we grow up in a stressful environment, we can make many decisions about what it all means. To some, it means that they are scared. To some, it means that they are driven to rise above. To others, it means that they will never expect anything more. And on and on. It's not just what you manifest. It's how personally do you take this corporeal existence. Are you living in the now. No one deserves to have bad things happen. But the more that we hold on to those experiences and our reactions, the more that there will be repeats. I was victimized as a child and repeated the experience several times as a teen, until I stopped thinking about being a victim. I now feel sorry for the people who hurt me. What they did was wrong. What someone else did to them was wrong. I leave them to their world and hope they find their way out of it.
#203 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 PM

I'm sitting here digesting lunch... hm rather a late lunch even for the west coast... and I'm bored, I want to get back to manifesting! since I got back on track I've been having a Do It Now Party, which has gotten my apartment tidier than it's been in days. (Magic! )

Actually for the past year or so I've had a few big projects with deadlines (like the wedding) that required me to really prioritize. But my life isn't really like that right now, and my giant prioritized list had turned into a block. I need to go back to jumping around from one task to another for awhile. In other words, get into Do It Now energy, as soon as something pops into my head and I'm at a good stopping point with the last thing.

I'm experimenting with actually choosing inner frequencies, not just influencing my emotions through thoughts. It's the same thing I learned to do to tune in before giving a reading, actually simpler. And it's very spacial, yet as I told DH, neither inside nor outside... and when I think of it it is a bit like a tone. Does anybody else "tune in" for any particular reason, do you know that feeling? Funny that these concepts are already built into our language so clearly!

However I'm not having much success imagining what to tune into besides boredom right now.
#204 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Regarding attracting everything we experience in our lives, I have chosen to believe that I have attracted absolutely everything that has ever happened to me from the time I was born. That doesn't mean that I think that I deserved what happened to me as a child, but I do think that I attracted it. I have thought about what others have said about our higher selves or spirits choosing our bad life experiences so that we can learn and grow, but that doesn't make me feel good. It makes me fearful because, what if my higher self wants something "bad" to happen to me in the future to help me learn? Then that means that my conscious mind has no control over my life. It feels much more empowering to me to believe that I have attracted it all. Just sharing my thoughts.
#205 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 PM

Earlier on this thread someone posted a link to a vision statement video on uTube. I just checked out this guy's site, and he has a video titled 'Vision for Humanity. http://www.visionstatement.org.au/vi...rhumanity.html This is *so* awesome! Take the time to watch it.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#206 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:

I'm experimenting with actually choosing inner frequencies, not just influencing my emotions through thoughts. It's the same thing I learned to do to tune in before giving a reading, actually simpler. And it's very spacial, yet as I told DH, neither inside nor outside... and when I think of it it is a bit like a tone. Does anybody else "tune in" for any particular reason, do you know that feeling? Funny that these concepts are already built into our language so clearly!

However I'm not having much success imagining what to tune into besides boredom right now.
This sounds awesome... I'd love to hear more about how you're doing it!

Quote:
Earlier on this thread someone posted a link to a vision statement video on uTube. I just checked out this guy's site, and he has a video titled 'Vision for Humanity. http://www.visionstatement.org.au/vi...rhumanity.html This is *so* awesome! Take the time to watch it.
I'll have to check it out, thanks!!

Oh, and I posted my "What If" in Personal Growth... I loved doing it, and it brought me to tears. Everyone should do this for themselves!!
#207 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Anyone else VERY sensitive?
YES! I think that it is because I am in more in touch with my emotions, because I've discovered that they are really important!

Did you ever see the Simpson's episode where Bart tries to get Lisa to watch a violent cartoon but she doesn't want to? He asks her, "But how will you ever get desensetized to the violence if you don't watch it?"

I think that we are getting re-sensetized!

My question for the day:

I don't want yelling in my life. What is the opposite of yelling?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#208 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
What is the opposite of yelling?
Peace and serenity were the first two things that popped into my head

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#209 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
My question for the day:

I don't want yelling in my life. What is the opposite of yelling?
I notice when I am starting to get louder and louder at work because the kiddos are getting loud, I just lower my voice to almost a whisper, and they get quieter immediately. It's as if we are escalating each other, and that immediately stops it.
#210 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Linda, I put *your* affirmation in my sig so I will read it every time I post!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page