Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've a bit more writing to do, and to make the front and back covers of my book... and I'm done. Publishing time.

Looks to be about 150 pages, total. :

Small, but not bad for the type of book it is, I think. I could make it a lot bigger, but I'm not sure that I want to, on the first one. Any recommendations? I can make it longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
Do you do a well woman check, pap smear and all that???

Just curious.

It's time for me and I'm ambivalent (sp?).

On one hand, it seems like a simple step towards good health (catching things early while they are easy to fix) but at the same time it seems like a waste of time. I've never been healthier!!!

(Insurance pays for me so their isn't any money to consider).
I have in the past. It has been a long time. I don't have any issue selectively choosing preventative health. But I don't follow doctor's orders (or anyone's ) very well, so I don't want to waste anyone's time or money, even insurance companies. Disclaimer: I am not advising against health care. I think that "health care" can be defined differently by me and doctors. : I believe that seeing a non-interventionist increases one's chances of not having interventions.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
We love HSing too!
Meaning, ds and I love HSing! (Dh thinks some parts of it are pretty cool too, actually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
May be I missed it in your post, but I asked if you son liked homeschooling. You talked about why YOU think homeschooling is best, but you didn't talk (or at least I didn't see) where you talked about how YOUR SON feels about homeschooling.

This is a funky issue for me, as I no longer have any feelings that homeschooling is better than any other option (even though my kids have never been to school and my oldest is 10). It is just an option, and I think that kids should get to pick what they prefer.

You and your DH are agruing about a decision that is, IMHO, your son's to make.
I think it's a decision to be made with his input. His input so far has always been that he likes homeschooling (and he did do preschool, so he has some idea of what school entails).
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 AM

Catgirl, it sounds like you guys are both trying to feel better by going deeper into the bad feelings (in the form of analyzing the subjects they relate to, ostensibly for solutions), and then feeling worse. If so it's the same sort of thing I keep catching myself doing in my thoughts.

That is not going to work. The thoughts appear powerful, but it's the emotions that are powerful. In other words, this is not about money, not about homeschooling, etc. So trying to solve it via the subjects of money and homeschooling etc is not going to work! (Well not to be absolute or anything. Take this with as much salt as necessary.)

If this is correct, you guys need to resolve this in the domain of emotions. Separate the decisions about money and homeschooling from these emotions. As much as possible, avoid talking (or thinking) about money and homeschooling etc. Just what is really necessary for practical reasons. And when these subjects do come up, I would suggest keeping the emotions realllllly mellow, calm, steady, and nonreactive.

One thing my therapist taught me that has really come in handy: If there's a total communication block, at least one person is simply not understanding and communicating, that's not a conversation. What I do now is say "Well this isn't a conversation anymore, so I'm going to do something else" and step out of it. Boy is that helping!

So for practical subjects, be calm and steady, keep the emotions very quiet, and step out of it when it's no longer a conversation.

For emotional subjects, this is where stuff is really happening. This is more complicated. Lemme think what happened with us as we started our improvement (which is still just getting underway). The best approach for you may be quite different or something else entirely. The main question is, what have you guys really been struggling with, under the cover of money and homeschooling etc? What exactly is happening with your dynamic, and why?

- I became a bit more disengaged and nonreactive, so that I could observe what was really going on with him--it's hard to see when my reactions are all mixed in.

- I perceived that some things he was doing were truly unethical/unloving.

- I recognized his fear--he was actually afraid of me in the strangest way--and communication block and what would set him off.

- Then I recognized my fear, I was actually afraid of him in a very similar way. That's where I started using the affirmation "I am safe and secure" over and over during arguments. I need to be the one to put myself back into a safe state.

- I figured from that that I may be doing more unethical/unloving things than I think, even if they may be more reasonable than what he does.

- I examined how my negative expectations would feed the negativity between us, rapidly.

Here's where I'm at...

- I am developing my positive expectations of us both, a deeply held basic belief that we will act from our love, even if we aren't perfect about. (I concentrate mainly on my belief that he will, but keep the one for myself as well in the background... in case he doesn't, for one thing!)

He has totally matched me along the way, more or less anyway. I wasn't perfect about it and there were times I went back to being reactive and pessimistic, or was very halfway about my efforts.

It may have helped that he came to therapy once and we're having two more appointments. I think sometimes with couples who are in their own world together, personal issues can take on an exagerrated quality without the re-balancing effect of a little social openness. But on the other hand, we have too much dirty laundry to start airing it in public. I think bringing a therapist into it briefly has been very helpful for both of us.

I can relate to having a DH who is totally not That Kind of Guy yet does act like it sometimes. If you don't feel like you can fix things singlehandedly and he isn't on board with fixing things yet, consider some counseling... it's not only for people on the verge of divorce!

Oh finally, another useful thing my therapist did was she asked us about our old issues we used to fight about and how we resolved them. I realized later that we resolved all the real issues (that weren't just about communication) with compromise basically.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Catgirl, it sounds like you guys are both trying to feel better by going deeper into the bad feelings (in the form of analyzing the subjects they relate to, ostensibly for solutions), and then feeling worse. If so it's the same sort of thing I keep catching myself doing in my thoughts.

That is not going to work. The thoughts appear powerful, but it's the emotions that are powerful. In other words, this is not about money, not about homeschooling, etc. So trying to solve it via the subjects of money and homeschooling etc is not going to work! (Well not to be absolute or anything. Take this with as much salt as necessary.)

If this is correct, you guys need to resolve this in the domain of emotions. Separate the decisions about money and homeschooling from these emotions. As much as possible, avoid talking (or thinking) about money and homeschooling etc. Just what is really necessary for practical reasons. And when these subjects do come up, I would suggest keeping the emotions realllllly mellow, calm, steady, and nonreactive.

One thing my therapist taught me that has really come in handy: If there's a total communication block, at least one person is simply not understanding and communicating, that's not a conversation. What I do now is say "Well this isn't a conversation anymore, so I'm going to do something else" and step out of it. Boy is that helping!

So for practical subjects, be calm and steady, keep the emotions very quiet, and step out of it when it's no longer a conversation.

For emotional subjects, this is where stuff is really happening. This is more complicated. Lemme think what happened with us as we started our improvement (which is still just getting underway). The best approach for you may be quite different or something else entirely. The main question is, what have you guys really been struggling with, under the cover of money and homeschooling etc? What exactly is happening with your dynamic, and why?

- I became a bit more disengaged and nonreactive, so that I could observe what was really going on with him--it's hard to see when my reactions are all mixed in.

- I perceived that some things he was doing were truly unethical/unloving.

- I recognized his fear--he was actually afraid of me in the strangest way--and communication block and what would set him off.

- Then I recognized my fear, I was actually afraid of him in a very similar way. That's where I started using the affirmation "I am safe and secure" over and over during arguments. I need to be the one to put myself back into a safe state.

- I figured from that that I may be doing more unethical/unloving things than I think, even if they may be more reasonable than what he does.

- I examined how my negative expectations would feed the negativity between us, rapidly.

Here's where I'm at...

- I am developing my positive expectations of us both, a deeply held basic belief that we will act from our love, even if we aren't perfect about. (I concentrate mainly on my belief that he will, but keep the one for myself as well in the background... in case he doesn't, for one thing!)

He has totally matched me along the way, more or less anyway. I wasn't perfect about it and there were times I went back to being reactive and pessimistic, or was very halfway about my efforts.

It may have helped that he came to therapy once and we're having two more appointments. I think sometimes with couples who are in their own world together, personal issues can take on an exagerrated quality without the re-balancing effect of a little social openness. But on the other hand, we have too much dirty laundry to start airing it in public. I think bringing a therapist into it briefly has been very helpful for both of us.

I can relate to having a DH who is totally not That Kind of Guy yet does act like it sometimes. If you don't feel like you can fix things singlehandedly and he isn't on board with fixing things yet, consider some counseling... it's not only for people on the verge of divorce!

Oh finally, another useful thing my therapist did was she asked us about our old issues we used to fight about and how we resolved them. I realized later that we resolved all the real issues (that weren't just about communication) with compromise basically.

Very wise post! I can't take it all in right now (very late, long drive tomorrow) but I'm copying it to my Word file so I can get back to it without searching 17 pages!

And yes, definitely, while there are real issues re: money and HSing it's more driven by old issues too.

The LoA and these threads are the major thing that have put us in a different place from where we were a couple of months ago. I don't even like to think how this would have turned out if I were till acting from those old fears.

Please, keep me in your thoughts! I'm going to bed now.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:43 AM

My 503rd post

I mentioned on the February thread that I was looking forward to my 500th.

Yay!

Sorry, just a little bit of silliness and happiness :

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-06-2007, 02:43 AM

Catgirl, have you heard about "Love Languages"? Fill love tank. See "The Five Love Languages". http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/ The author suggests that the five are: acts of service, physical touch, gifts, affirmation, quality time. We generally value all; but there is usually a primary 'love language' and each adult or child feels more full of love, or empty of love, if their love language isn't being "spoken" to them consistently, daily. This really helps to connect.

The book has helped me to see that I may be *giving* love but not in the way that it is best received. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188...lance&n=283155 The premise is that we each *receive* love in different ways. Dh receives love as words of affirmation and acts of service. I receive love as acts of service and quality time. But, if I am giving him physical touch and quality time, and he just needs words of affirmation, I am not filling his cup with love in his mind/heart. The book helps to identify our own ways of receiving love and suggests ways to give the love most efficiently so that it is experienced.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
My 503rd post

I mentioned on the February thread that I was looking forward to my 500th.

Yay!

Sorry, just a little bit of silliness and happiness :
Old 03-06-2007, 03:37 AM

I just posted an ad for a nanny position on craigslist and I posted it in my tribal area on here, too. It feels really "right" right now.

I miss babies, and I need something productive to spend my time on, so it's a great solution.

~I am so happy and grateful that I have found the perfect, like-minded family~

*goes off chanting that to self*

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-06-2007, 03:47 AM

Hi. I try to keep up with y'all but man these threads move fast!!

I just thought I would pipe in and mention kundilini Yoga for raising vibrations and meditative states. I am not one who usually loves excercise tapes, especially yoga tapes. The people usually bug the crap out of me, or the quality of video is bad or something.

But I found this awesome awesome lady when I was pregnant. She wrote a wonderful book for pregnant women and has pre-natal and post-natal dvds.
I just got her regular yoga dvd and I still love love her. She has such a calming persona. It is yoga based more on breathing which maybe is why I like it. There is also chanting, which I wasn't so into at first, but it really does make you feel good. I also bought some cds off her site and love them. One called Peace Lagoon is wonderful. It is what I listen to to center myself or feel spiritual. There is references to God or the Lord (I was raised Catholic, but do not practice any longer) but I love it anyway. It fills me with such peace and love.

Anyways thought I would throw that out there for anyone looking for something like it. Here is her website, she has a yoga studio in California I believe.http://store.goldenbridgeyoga.com/in...3de8e5f1e681ef[
Old 03-06-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Consider maybe not bothering with all of these "second opinions." Just assume that you're healthy. That's what I've chosen to do. I've had like a million "second opinions."
It's not second opinions, it's the doctors themselves saying "I need to take another look." at checkups. I guess I could see it as them caring and being attentive to detail but also it's scary. It's a great workout for the mind I suppose!

Does anyone have any other thoughts about my post and the other question in it? Number 199, bottom of page 10. Thanks.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Every time I go for any kind of routine medical test, I always get called back cause they think they see something or the test in inconclusive or they need another sample, yada yada yada, but then it turns out ok.

This is getting old. I try putting a positive spin on it like I'm so grateful I have great health insurance, I'm so grateful for this kind person taking care of me, I'm so grateful people are thorough. But this is getting really old. I get anxious. Scared. Thank you!
Have you listened to the Abraham-Hicks program on HayHouseRadio.com? One of the episodes... I'm thinking two?... has a man asking about some tests his doctor wants him to take. Abraham talks about how your test results are simply a snapshot of where you are at exactly that moment, and an indication of whether you're connected or not. Go listen to that! I think you'll find it fascinating.

Personally (not my suggestion for you, just my own thoughts for me), I would not take the test. I fully believe that I am in control of my health, and that listening to my body is the best way to keep myself in a state of well-being. I don't believe I will manifest major health issues, so I have no reason to go see someone for tests on whether or not I have.

Quote:
I also need to take care of a very closed loved one this week who is hurt and I am feeling anxious and cranky and scared. Again I try to focus on the positive but find it a challenge. Frankly this is someone I look to for support and I have to be the rock now. So I feel grateful for them , but stressed.
What is the cause of your anxiety and fear? Do you think this might be a case of "facing your own mortality" type feelings? So, if this person is your rock and s/he can get down/sick, then what does that mean for you? Not sure if I'm on here or not, but... If this is where you're sitting, then I would work on accepting. Accepting that this person is just like you, and accepting that you are capable of anything.

I have a relationship with someone that I look to as one of my teachers. She's lovely, I adore her, and she has been a wonderful resource and support in my process of spiritual growth. But she's also a friend, and sometimes I get to be her support and teacher as well! I can see that there is no higher/lower, better/worse, more advanced/aware... just two people giving and receiving and loving.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Thanks for your thoughts KM. I think I may need to work on feeling empowered and this is a great opportunity to work on that. I have lots of feelings of not being strong/capable enough that are coming up I didn't even know I had.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 AM

Momtwice, what a gift it is that you can see this! You're exactly where you need to be, and "the better it gets, the better it gets."

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticat View Post
Hi. I try to keep up with y'all but man these threads move fast!!

I just thought I would pipe in and mention kundilini Yoga for raising vibrations and meditative states. I am not one who usually loves excercise tapes, especially yoga tapes. The people usually bug the crap out of me, or the quality of video is bad or something.
Hi! I do Hatha yoga normally but took a Kundalini-based class over the summer and I LOVED it!! I was lucky enough to take one with Shakta Kaur Khalsa, who's written a bunch of books including Yoga for Women. This was the workshop where I learned about Indigo children.

Anyway, I absolutely loved it and was JUST THINKING about looking for a Kundalini class last night. Thoughts becoming things? Of course!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Personally (not my suggestion for you, just my own thoughts for me), I would not take the test. I fully believe that I am in control of my health, and that listening to my body is the best way to keep myself in a state of well-being. I don't believe I will manifest major health issues, so I have no reason to go see someone for tests on whether or not I have.
I completely agree with this, but I have a hard time with any advice that steers people away from check ups. As an American, I think that most of us have underlying beliefs about the human body that invlove the need for medicine. I guess my theory is that the fact that the question was asked means that there is some of that thinking going on, so perhaps some affermations would be more in order.

A very powerful moment for me was when I was pregnant with my son, I had an ultrasound with unfavorable results. It was going to be a week before I could get in with the level whatever tech so I called my midwife to ask if I should be freaking out. Then it hit my while the phone was ringing, I was asking someone if I should worry, something that I consider to be completely useless (worrying!). So I made a decision not to worry, declined the level whatever ultrasound but agreed to go back for a follow up, and believed/knew that the baby was perfeclty fine. They followed the issue with ultrasound untill he was 3 months old, but everything was okay. I'm not sure it would have been if I gave into the worry.

Now, when I start to worry, I realize that it's a choice. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but I know that it is.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Hi everyone, I'n new here. I read the Devon's almost March -thread but haven't been able to keep up with this one. The topics on the last page seemed vey interesting so I'm going to keep on reading (I'm on the page 5 now).

I have some a question for you wise women.

When I was a child my mother used to say (and she still does sometimes) that you have to be very careful when you wish for something because you just might get it. I guess that makes me uncomfortable manifesting some things. I feel that if I manifest us spending more time as a family, dh might lose his job and spend all his time with us but then we wouldn't have any money. Or if I manifest me having more time to myself we could lose dc and then I would have all my time to myself. I would get what I asked for but would hate the how-part. How could I make myself trust the process and not focus on how it will happen?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I have a hard time with any advice that steers people away from check ups.
I just want to be clear that I am not at all making suggestions for what someone else does regarding health care. I think this is a personal decision, and people should do what feels right for them. Regular check-ups with an allopathic doctor feels off for me, so I choose not to do that. But if it feels better to someone else, then that is what they should do.

Melanie
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammas View Post
Hi everyone, I'n new here. I read the Devon's almost March -thread but haven't been able to keep up with this one. The topics on the last page seemed vey interesting so I'm going to keep on reading (I'm on the page 5 now).

I have some a question for you wise women.

When I was a child my mother used to say (and she still does sometimes) that you have to be very careful when you wish for something because you just might get it. I guess that makes me uncomfortable manifesting some things. I feel that if I manifest us spending more time as a family, dh might lose his job and spend all his time with us but then we wouldn't have any money. Or if I manifest me having more time to myself we could lose dc and then I would have all my time to myself. I would get what I asked for but would hate the how-part. How could I make myself trust the process and not focus on how it will happen?

I read a book once and it said to add a clause at the end of every request that was something to the effect of: "this comes to me under grace, in a perfect way"...so that what we manifest can come about in a positive way....to avoid what you're fearing.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I think I said this last night, but I am manifesting for tomorrow an easy, day of NO troubleshooting or technical glitches.
You're such a powerful manifester, I'm looking forward to being on your coattails!

Quote:
I finally resolved some email issues today and it looks like I'm making some progress w/this new hosting company.

Good news is that I now bought the .org name and GoDaddy gave it up and unlocked my other one so now anytime anyone searches findingkate.com OR findingkate.org, they'll get it!
Great news, Annikate! I'm also dealing with setting up my site, and learned from the guy we use at work (calling in favors, I am) that it's a real PITA to transfer a domain name. When he recommended onmis and godaddy, I remembered your experience (and my uncle's) with godaddy and went to omnis. It's so exciting and cool that you're woking on your new site - bringing all this positive energy into it is going to release so many possibilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Catgirl, could you find the space for envisioning passion and gratitude for dh being exactly where he is right now? And trust that joy will manifest from all of your listening and validating his concerns?

Pat
Catgirl, I can relate SO MUCH with what you write about your marriage! This marriage for me is SO MUCH BETTER than my first one, it cannot even be compared. It's hard to write about challenges you're having and be understood clearly when all that growth and development isn't completely understood... don't you think?

I remember over a year ago, I was just in a hellish, terrible place. We had a therapist who had been my private therapist and then started seeing us both (we won't even get into the ethical issues) and she was fiercely trying to convince me that he was controlling, manipulative and abusive. And while I acknowledged that there were alot of negative forces at play, my heart couldn't accept that. I had to fire the therapist and begin to re-build our marriage. I don't know why Isay that except to say that only you can know the truth of the nature of those interactions.

Pat, I just loved what you wrote above, and that's qhy I quoted you. Thanks - this is great and tender advice and I am also working on framing things this way for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Well, I've a bit more writing to do, and to make the front and back covers of my book... and I'm done. Publishing time.

Looks to be about 150 pages, total. :

Small, but not bad for the type of book it is, I think. I could make it a lot bigger, but I'm not sure that I want to, on the first one. Any recommendations? I can make it longer.
Amris, that's amazing. Really... you're just flowing MAJORLY here! I would tend to agree with you that for your first publication, you should stick to the shorter format. Not only because of the expense, but because your Messages are really heavy - dense, you know? The reader will have a LOT to work with already. Great work!

Yesterday I asked for a link but wrote the wrong title... someone posted last week with a link to the online PDF of Ask and it is Given... I was so excited about that because I just haven't had time to get to the bookstore. If you have it bookmarked, could you post me a link, pretty please? :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post

Catgirl, I can relate SO MUCH with what you write about your marriage! This marriage for me is SO MUCH BETTER than my first one, it cannot even be compared. It's hard to write about challenges you're having and be understood clearly when all that growth and development isn't completely understood... don't you think?

I remember over a year ago, I was just in a hellish, terrible place. We had a therapist who had been my private therapist and then started seeing us both (we won't even get into the ethical issues) and she was fiercely trying to convince me that he was controlling, manipulative and abusive. And while I acknowledged that there were alot of negative forces at play, my heart couldn't accept that. I had to fire the therapist and begin to re-build our marriage. I don't know why Isay that except to say that only you can know the truth of the nature of those interactions.

Pat, I just loved what you wrote above, and that's qhy I quoted you. Thanks - this is great and tender advice and I am also working on framing things this way for us.
:

Thank you for understanding!

WE ended up having a great talk last night. There was really a lot of movement - no time to post details now (as I'm about to drive 87 miles to go to a 45 minute meeting re: my part-time job), but it truned out really well.

Those who suggested "control" - it really *isn't* where it's at. I know you were only speaking out of concern for me though.

Quote:
Amris, that's amazing. Really... you're just flowing MAJORLY here! I would tend to agree with you that for your first publication, you should stick to the shorter format. Not only because of the expense, but because your Messages are really heavy - dense, you know? The reader will have a LOT to work with already. Great work!
: too! I'm amazed at what's happened in, what, 4 weeks?

I may have some questions to ask you about the practical side of this!

Gotta go, don't add more than 20 pages before tonight please!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I just want to be clear that I am not at all making suggestions for what someone else does regarding health care. I think this is a personal decision, and people should do what feels right for them. Regular check-ups with an allopathic doctor feels off for me, so I choose not to do that. But if it feels better to someone else, then that is what they should do.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean to suggest that you were telling someone else what to do for their health care. I guess I didn't word my post well. Sorry.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM

Kerry, I didn't mean that you meant that I meant that... ah, whatever. I hear ya, Mama.

Melanie
Old 03-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Good morning everyone!

My email issue is resolved and I'm logged in to my design studio!

Amris - I agree, less is more right now. You can always do a sequel! (Or even categories; messages of love to children, to mamas, to dads, grandmas, pets . . . )

Old 03-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Thank you everyone who contributed your thoughts on yelling! I've written them down in my journal and will explore them off line, as I have some negative stuff to work through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
Meaning, ds and I love HSing! (Dh thinks some parts of it are pretty cool too, actually.)
: I think that it is very telling that you started your post with the pronoun "we" meaning you and your son but NOT your DH. It is as if in you brain, *we* means you and your son, but not your DH. :

This isn't about homeschooling, but about how you define "we."

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticat View Post
I just thought I would pipe in and mention kundilini Yoga for raising vibrations and meditative states.
I just treated myself to a new yoga DVD and it is kundilini Yoga. I have some questions:

1. The breathing makes me a little dizzy/light headed. Is this just from the increased oxygen? Should I just ignore and go forward?

2. This DVD is chakra yoga and I can do all of the exercises except for the 3rd chakra, the personal power chakra. Does this mean something? Other than just continuing to attempt the exercise until I *get it* is there another way to approach this?

This is the area of my body that is physically the weakest, and it is also the part of my life that is the weakest. I'm new to the chakra concept, and would love input from those who have a deeper understanding. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Every time I go for any kind of routine medical test, I always get called back cause they think they see something or the test in inconclusive or they need another sample, yada yada yada, but then it turns out ok.
What about intending CLARITY before you go for the first test? Just manifesting that the same way you would a cup of coffee or anything else, visualize the Dr. getting the result you want, and being easy to read and obvious. It sounds like this is a simple example of attracting the same inconclusive test results because you don't want them, so you think about them.

Quote:
I also need to take care of a very closed loved one this week who is hurt and I am feeling anxious and cranky and scared. Again I try to focus on the positive but find it a challenge. Frankly this is someone I look to for support and I have to be the rock now. So I feel grateful for them , but stressed.
Are you anxious and scared because they have been your support, and now that they need you it is threatening because they are no longer able to be your support?

What about doing an affirmation like:
I am safe where I am. I create my own security. (or something like that.) When I am trying to change my thinking about something, I find it helpful to have an affirmation and whenever I find my thoughts drifting back to the subject, to do my affirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammas View Post
When I was a child my mother used to say (and she still does sometimes) that you have to be very careful when you wish for something because you just might get it.
That looks at wishing in a very static light -- saying that you wish, get it, and then are stuck with the results forever. That isn't the case. We ask, receive, and then usually we want to tweak something because from where we are now we have a slightly different perspective. So we ask again, for something even better.

Quote:
I feel that if I manifest us spending more time as a family, dh might lose his job and spend all his time with us but then we wouldn't have any money. Or if I manifest me having more time to myself we could lose dc and then I would have all my time to myself. I would get what I asked for but would hate the how-part. How could I make myself trust the process and not focus on how it will happen?
I like the phrase "for our highest good" in my manifestations. It seems to cover this stuff. I also think about the different areas of my life and what I want in each area. I think about what I want in terms of financial abundance, time together as a family, in my parenting, for each of my kids, for myself!, in my relationship with my hubby, and for my home.

I great exercise from Ask and It is Given is to take several sheets of paper and at the top of each write one area of your life. Then go back and under that area, write the main things what you want in that area. Then go back and for each thing that you want, write *because* statements (which helps you focus on the essence of what you want, rather than the how of getting it).

Sometimes one thing can manifest that hits several areas at once!!!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 PM

Just checking in, not much happening here.

And I want to thank those that posted a reminder/info about shielding in the February thread, I've been making use of it to reflect off peoples negativity too.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Mudras for opening the chakras:

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php
Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 PM

Yeah, it's difficult, haha. I DO have a job I need to be doing, instead of reading these posts. So I'll jump right to the dilemma. Has anybody had any luck with manifesting friendships? I feel so pathetic that I even need to ask this. I dated the same guy through highschool and college, and when we broke up, he got custody of our huge group of friends. :P I don't know what I do wrong, but I just can't make friends very easily. I feel like such a failure. I recently got in touch with many of my old friends through a website similar to myspace. But then HE (the ex) discovered the site and made an account, and just like the past, all of our old friends flocked to him and left me in the dust. And it HURTS! I don't know why. It shouldn't. These are people that I haven't talked to in years. But I was optimistic that I could rekindle old friendships. I should just let it go.

I keep in contact with one friend from highschool, and no friends from college. And because of the line of work I'm in, most of my co-workers have 30-40 years on me, so we have nothing in common. Even my hobbies and extra-curricular activities are done with people much much much older than me. How/where do grownups make friends? I don't even know where to begin! I just feel so SAD about this.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Has anybody had any luck with manifesting friendships?
yes I have. Although in my case I was looking to manifest a great group on online freinds that play the video game I play. I had been having problems for awhile with being surrounded by people posting offensive homophobic, sexist ect remarks in the game chat. I manifested an awesome group pretty quickly and we now have a little online family.

I didn't do much, I just made the decision that I was going to bring people that were mature and open minded into my life, I did tell dh about it (he plays the game too, but has a better filtering system for that kind of talk so he doesn't notice it as much) and then I just followed the internal motivations I got. I changed servers because I felt I needed to do that, then I was just myself and attracted a super friendship which expanded from there.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM

An online game? You don't play WoW, do you?

User Tag List