Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Listen to her stuff. :

It's where the quote in my siggy comes from too.

Yeah, I'm intrigued. I'll check her out. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 PM

yeah you know you all inspired me to turn her on, so :dancing
Old 03-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I personally wouldn't do something like that against his will or without his knowledge. You could ask him if he'd be okay with someone doing it, but if he said no, I wouldn't.

First, if he's in resistance, it likely won't help.
Second, it's deceitful.

Another thing you can do...at night, is ask your higher spirit (your soul) to communicate with his higher spirit (soul).
Actually, I agree with this. I think I said above that he wouldn't have to know, but I would clarify that as he wouldn't have to know when it is happening. But I would say seeking his approval would be the way to go, simply because it is the respectful thing to do, especially if he has already shown a preference/some ideas around the subject. (I do have my friend check in through me on my relationship with my kids, but they are still young and it is related to my interaction with them, and not about them specifically.)

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM

memiles, that is just so awesome!!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-13-2007, 05:10 PM

So the sedona method is working for some of you. I think I am feeling drawn to it. I think I'll see if the library has the book and start there first. I want letting go of pain to be much easier.

Affirmation-
I hold on to feelings of peace and love.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 03-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Hi!

Week-end was busy... and now this thread is 16 pages long! Wow! Lots of conversation going on... but I'm just jumping right in right here!

We've had a very nice family time Sunday!!! DS had his last acting class and we all went with him to Montreal... while he was in class, DH, DD1, DD2 and me went to the market, bought some food, drove around a little, took a walk then came back to the car because the wind was chilly... after the class, we went to Subway and ate in the car while DD2 was sleeping then we spent a few hours in a big shopping mall looking for things for our home and at prom dresses for DD1. Everyone was happy, everyone had a good time! I'm very very grateful about that!!!

On our way home, Dh was talking about his plans for work; listening to him was so inspiring!!! I told him he should put his goals on paper to read them back as often as he wants; he haven't done it yet but I'm sure he'll do it! His vision is very different than what is currently going on in his field... so it makes him a little nervous but, as we both know, he should do what makes him feel good even though it's not what others do

As you can see, I'm buzzing And I like it!!!

I'm even grateful for last week crisis as it was an opportunity to grow and become stronger!:

Valérie   
Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Is it okay if I jump in?

I wrote this in the first very lenghty LOA/Secret thread:

I am still quite circumspect because it is very, very early on in the possible adventure, but I think I might have met him! Thus far, he seems to be every single thing that I wrote in that first paragraph and he's super duper crunchy. I'm trying not be totally freaked out and neurotic and overly analytical. I am trying to just take it as it comes and be grateful for the moment. But, I am seriously thinking he is the man I've been manifesting in to my life.
I remember when you wrote that! I loved it. I'm so glad you found him.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
This is posted in the GD forum sticky. It isn't my bent, but it is another perspective. I almost posted it earlier, but when you mentioned needing to express emotions, it clicked that we can apply it to husbands and ourselves, not just kids. http://www.mothering.com/articles/gr.../tantrums.html
Pat
Thank you Pat for this article. Once again, the LoA thread brings me some insight on things I have been thinking about lately, namely "tantrums". Dd is 2.5yrs old and I haven't figured out the best way yet to understand where she is coming from when she is melting down or whining. All this discussion has given me a lot to consider. Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I just read this elsenet and wanted to post it, it's an Abe quote: "Disappointment is taking score too soon."
This is very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Whose daughter ate a pickle, 3 strawberries, 2 bites of pizza, and yogurt for breakfast ,

Tara
I can relate! And from a few pages back, I wanted to say congrats on the new job for your dh! How cool!

Someone mentioned a while back a documentary called The Giant Buddhas, I think it was Arduinna? Do you have a link to that? It sounds intriguing, but I am having trouble finding it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
I am still quite circumspect because it is very, very early on in the possible adventure, but I think I might have met him! Thus far, he seems to be every single thing that I wrote in that first paragraph and he's super duper crunchy. I'm trying not be totally freaked out and neurotic and overly analytical. I am trying to just take it as it comes and be grateful for the moment. But, I am seriously thinking he is the man I've been manifesting in to my life.
That is so cool! Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
I kept a smile on my face, finished our transaction, and wheeled her out of there, all the while talking with her about her great communication and what a great, calm day we were having. And the moment we got in the car, she started talking to me, explaining why she was sad, and telling me her plans for our great day!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy and grateful that I can understand my daughters needs!
That sounds so wonderful! Good for you and dd, she must feel so great!

Oh, and again, from many pages ago (I have finally caught up )
Devon, thanks for posting your lovely affirmation in last weeks thread and then again in this weeks thread. It is definitely a good way to get the buzz going.

And my week's intentions;

Go for a walk every day
Have fun with dd every day
Work on gratitude journal
Work on manifesting solid IRL friendships

Thanks again to everyone for being here. I am mostly a lurker, but I learn so much from everyone, it's just a pleasure to follow along. :
Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 PM

Saving my place in this thread, so I can WALK to the bus stop. It is 59 degrees F right now. :

memiles~that is excellant, how empowering for your child! I struggle with the same thing but applied to my DD, age 7 and her reading. So much negative and struggle goes into it, she has no confidence. We are now turning that around!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I need some affirmation suggestions. Then I'll post again with my intentions for the week.

If you're having issues with your weight and wanting to lose it, you might not want to read the spoiler.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
I am losing too much weight, too quickly. I'm eating almost nonstop, too. I'm not looking any more toned than I did before, in fact the opposite. But on the other hand, I'm looking VERY thin. You can see bones in ways that I'm not really liking.

And the thing is, it isn't like I'm not eating enough. I eat and eat and eat.

I've gone from 145 pounds (where I was happy, it was mostly muscle) down to 119 pounds!! In fact, I've gone from my post-pregnancy 152 pounds to 119 pounds in 4 months. Yeah. That's 33 pounds, for those counting.

I thought I had stopped at 122, but obviously not.

I don't need to be any thinner. Before I got pg. I was body building. I am not particularly interested in looking like mini me. *sigh*

Affirmation recommendations? Thank you!

Amris, have you ever had your thryoid or other adrenal issues checked? Over active thryoid can cause your same problem, and I think other adrenal issues can as well. Most can be checked with a simple blood test too. I know thats not an affirmation, but could be important if something is off.

Wow, just found the new topic, and it's already huge!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Hit here...I just posted this in teh manifesting tree tread and someone suggested I repost it here...so here it goes.. ( now I am off to read this whole tread

WOW Mamas!!!! What a thread!

hi there! I found the secret in september and have been a manifesting fool ever since. One fo the things that happened was that I came up with the best work solution for me and my family. We will be living in a more rural area in the near future and we need to have sources of income that do not depend on living in the city. My dh is a fantasy author and his 2nd book is coming out next month...so he is pretty much set. I wanted to do something that uses my education in nutrition and allowed me to work for home, not more then 20 hours a week and provide my family with a prosperous income. I have found exactly what that is and am manifesting that it will be up and running April 1st.

What I am manifesting ( and if any mamas here can help ) is some information on internet marketing. Also would like to see if anyone is interested in doing links to and from my website and or have other ideas to promote my new business. It is called Kitchen Muse; Inspired Eating and it is all about whole foods, local eating, seasonal cooking and how to fit that into your busy day.

Beyond that, we are talking with a group of friends about setting up an intentional community. I am looking to find people who have done that and are willing to help us get started...

And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf
hey everyone:

i dont know how to ask this:

please help me manifest my ability to focus and be organized yet relaxed.

Have you ever heard of Flylday.com? She saved me...I used to be just like you, and now I am ms organized ( well...often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
I am looking for librarians and health food store owners who would be willing to read my manuscript

Beyond those two groups, there is really a broad range of people I am seeking comments from: medical, mental health, women's health focus.

Amanda

Hi amanda...I know you from the NT forum I am not sure if you would be interested, by I am a Certified Clinical Herbalist and nutritionist and I would love to look over your book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant
I have a children's book that is unique and very cool. It is ready to be sold. Anyone have any leads on whom I could sell it through? I can't self publish it because of all the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
I hear ya mama! Going through this ourselves.

So it is.

And for you guys: my hubby gto his agent from going to a writer's conference and pitching his book. I know a bunch of writers who got published that way...might be worth a try to see if there is something like that in your area?

And for the pp asking about herbal training ( sorry,forgot to qoute). I am a certified Clinical herbalist and gto part of my training thorugh long distance work...if you are still looking into this, feel free to pm me

Phew!!!

thanks

Tanya
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OK, I have something to fess up to. I started making some notes about LoA stuff going through my mind last week (while ds was having a long vision evaluation). To my astonishment, when I transferred it to the computer, I realized I had enough thoughts and topics to turn into a book - a sort of basic LoA book with sections on gratitude, parenting, relationships and so on. Kind of the stuff that I out on my blog. Not that I'm an expert on these things, but more like a view from the road along the way, as we discover all this new stuff that were discovering. So I'm kinda sorta thinking that maybe I'm circling around daydreaming about writing a book. By accident.

The kind of book I like to read has lots of stories from real life people. When you read personal growth books they're usually by a psychologist and the stories are stories of their clients. I'm not a psychologist and I don't have clients. But I feel we're all learning so much together, and you guys are all part of my journey. Can I ask you somequestions and get some feedback? And if you're comfortable (and I would clear everything with everyone quoted if it comes to that) can I use it in my...er....book?

I can't believe I'm writing this. :
I love books that have inspirational people stories!!! These are some of my favorite!! Definitely consider getting this together. I'd read it!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

On tantruming, I come from a consensual living perspective but I thought I would offer what we do when dd meltsdown --- we come from a place that she is expressing an unmet need, so we try to assess that need and meet it, or comfort her in the process. Sometimes the unmet need is simply that she is incredibly frustrated at something she can't do (not something we are preventing her from doing, something she literally can't do) -- or in the rare instance when she doesn't seem interested in a mutually agreeable solution --

I will comfort her if that is what she is wanting, but sometimes it is too far gone and she pushes us away and just generally loses it --- I said this in a gd thread ages ago and I believe it completely that *when children are acting out of control they are not looking for us to control them, they are looking for us to control ourselves* -- In the instances where she is losing it completely, I sit on the floor close to her with my knees folded and palms up in a welcoming pose -- so I am not reaching for her per se, but my body language shows that I am welcoming her if she needs me. I usually don't say anything at all when she is too far into the meltdown to hear anything, I just go to a very zen place in myself (or try to) and try to ooze calmness and welcoming energy --- usually she gets it out in a moment or two and seeks me out and I comfort her and try to verbalize what I think she is feeling --- sometimes I just soothingly say something like "wow, sometimes it's scary to be such a little girl with such big emotions huh" and she seems to get this.

I am really, really not a fan of things like "I can talk to you when you stop crying" and stuff. Sometimes she is trying to talk to me and I literally cannot understand her so I may say something like "honey, mama can't understand you, can we take a deep breath together and try again?"

I don't have much experience with aggression and with older children especially but I like what koalamama said. The times our daughter has become aggressive I tell her ina calm way that I need to protect myself from people who aren't respecting my body and I remove myself from her --- I don't go to another room or anything but I do remove myself from the direct area where she can hit me or whatever. She usually follows me and I tell her I will be happy to work together to find a solution but we need to respect eachother's bodies.

Just thought I would put that out there... I don't get into the past lives thing but I respect the beliefs of others of course! I just would caution against labels -- that is a really heavy label to put on a kid "hey you may be my brother" --- not that I am saying anyone would approach it like that! --I am just saying that even general conversations in that direction may freak out a child much more than they are already freaked out --

I vote for food sensitivities or even hormonal changes -- I believe your son is around 8, 9 catgirl? That really isn't too young for big hormonal fluctuations which can cause all kinds of havok emotionally for young people.

I wish your family peace and *hugs* to you for doing all you can to create the family life you desire and for being so aware of helping your son feel your love....
Old 03-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Well, I didn't make it through all the pages, but got started at least.

I've got some good ones for this week.

I will find the perfect house for our family and it will be affordable and in a safe area

And what seems even bigger right now
I am enjoying my pregnancy as my body blooms, with no sickness or negativity. I am able to eat the foods my little one needs on a regular basis, and just enjoy the changes in my body. The sickness I have had so far is over, and I am glad for it having came for the last few days to really make this pregnancy real, it hadn't all the way sunk in before that.

I'm so tired of feeling sick all the time, looking forward to that one kicking in lol
Old 03-13-2007, 06:31 PM

Okay, anyone know anything about Lulu?

I am trying to create my separate cover files, but it doesn't give me sizes for it. It only gives me size ideas for if I use a single wraparound cover.

Well, anyway, if anyone knows about it, understands it, and might be able to help me locate what dimensions I should make, I appreciate it.

I'm doing a black and white paged 6x9 casewrap hardcover.

www.lulu.com
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Okay, it's not THE Secret, but it's my secret and I just can't stand it anymore . . . . I have to tell.

Amris is featuring *my* foundation on the back cover of her book AND featuring a blurb about what I'm doing (w/the website and all) INSIDE her book

AND $1 of every purchase is going toward my Finding Kate Foundation! So . . . .whenever you buy one of her books you'll be helping us help another family w/a mercury toxic child! OR you'll be helping me spread the word about the dangers.

Whooohooooo!

: : :

I wanted to wait to tell b/c I wanted my site up and running for all of the new people who have no idea what I'm talking about but I just couldn't stand it anymore and HAD to share the good news.

Amris, I You!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 PM

I didn't know Amris was posting at the same time, honest.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:42 PM

Ben & Jerry's Willie Nelson's country peach cobbler- Peach Ice Cream with Cinnamon-Sugar Shortbread Pieces and I'm supporting FarmAid :

that is all I have to say

oh except Karamel Sutra
Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Yes Ma'am, I am, and I am honored to be allowed to do so.

"In as much as ye giveth, so shall it be returned unto you."
Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Okay, it's not THE Secret, but it's my secret and I just can't stand it anymore . . . . I have to tell.

Amris is featuring *my* foundation on the back cover of her book AND featuring a blurb about what I'm doing (w/the website and all) INSIDE her book

AND $1 of every purchase is going toward my Finding Kate Foundation! So . . . .whenever you buy one of her books you'll be helping us help another family w/a mercury toxic child! OR you'll be helping me spread the word about the dangers.

Whooohooooo!

: : :

I wanted to wait to tell b/c I wanted my site up and running for all of the new people who have no idea what I'm talking about but I just couldn't stand it anymore and HAD to share the good news.

Amris, I You!
That is so cool!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Ben & Jerry's Willie Nelson's country peach cobbler- Peach Ice Cream with Cinnamon-Sugar Shortbread Pieces and I'm supporting FarmAid :

oh except Karamel Sutra
Cherry Garcia - but any flavor will do.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Yes Ma'am, I am, and I am honored to be allowed to do so.

"In as much as ye giveth, so shall it be returned unto you."
LOVE = SERVICE

Old 03-13-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarwyn View Post
What I am manifesting ( and if any mamas here can help ) is some information on internet marketing. Also would like to see if anyone is interested in doing links to and from my website and or have other ideas to promote my new business. It is called Kitchen Muse; Inspired Eating and it is all about whole foods, local eating, seasonal cooking and how to fit that into your busy day.
Awesome idea! I hope someone can help you with it.

And WELCOME!
We are a group of madly manifesting mama's. Lots of support, ideas and such here!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Cool, Annikate!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
On tantruming, I come from a consensual living perspective but I thought I would offer what we do when dd meltsdown --- we come from a place that she is expressing an unmet need, so we try to assess that need and meet it, or comfort her in the process. Sometimes the unmet need is simply that she is incredibly frustrated at something she can't do (not something we are preventing her from doing, something she literally can't do) -- or in the rare instance when she doesn't seem interested in a mutually agreeable solution --

I will comfort her if that is what she is wanting, but sometimes it is too far gone and she pushes us away and just generally loses it --- I said this in a gd thread ages ago and I believe it completely that *when children are acting out of control they are not looking for us to control them, they are looking for us to control ourselves* -- In the instances where she is losing it completely, I sit on the floor close to her with my knees folded and palms up in a welcoming pose -- so I am not reaching for her per se, but my body language shows that I am welcoming her if she needs me. I usually don't say anything at all when she is too far into the meltdown to hear anything, I just go to a very zen place in myself (or try to) and try to ooze calmness and welcoming energy --- usually she gets it out in a moment or two and seeks me out and I comfort her and try to verbalize what I think she is feeling --- sometimes I just soothingly say something like "wow, sometimes it's scary to be such a little girl with such big emotions huh" and she seems to get this.

I am really, really not a fan of things like "I can talk to you when you stop crying" and stuff. Sometimes she is trying to talk to me and I literally cannot understand her so I may say something like "honey, mama can't understand you, can we take a deep breath together and try again?"

I don't have much experience with aggression and with older children especially but I like what koalamama said. The times our daughter has become aggressive I tell her ina calm way that I need to protect myself from people who aren't respecting my body and I remove myself from her --- I don't go to another room or anything but I do remove myself from the direct area where she can hit me or whatever. She usually follows me and I tell her I will be happy to work together to find a solution but we need to respect eachother's bodies.

Just thought I would put that out there... I don't get into the past lives thing but I respect the beliefs of others of course! I just would caution against labels -- that is a really heavy label to put on a kid "hey you may be my brother" --- not that I am saying anyone would approach it like that! --I am just saying that even general conversations in that direction may freak out a child much more than they are already freaked out --

I vote for food sensitivities or even hormonal changes -- I believe your son is around 8, 9 catgirl? That really isn't too young for big hormonal fluctuations which can cause all kinds of havok emotionally for young people.

I wish your family peace and *hugs* to you for doing all you can to create the family life you desire and for being so aware of helping your son feel your love....
Wow, CC I really like your approach and you have summed up pretty much the way I feel too. Thank you for posting that. Yet another insight that gives me much to think about.

Catgirl, I wish I had some enlightenment about things with your son, but I wanted to give you some and and say I know things are getting better for you and him all the time.
And so cool about the book! That sounds wonderful!

And I forgot to say earlier, Taradactyl, congrats on the pregnancy! What a lovely manifestation!

Off to do some ruminating on manifesting patience and understanding with my dd.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Okay, anyone know anything about Lulu?

I am trying to create my separate cover files, but it doesn't give me sizes for it. It only gives me size ideas for if I use a single wraparound cover.

Well, anyway, if anyone knows about it, understands it, and might be able to help me locate what dimensions I should make, I appreciate it.

I'm doing a black and white paged 6x9 casewrap hardcover.

www.lulu.com
This is probably not going to be a lot of help but many months ago I began setting up one of my books on lulu. I remember reading on one of their forums about the issue you're having and somebody posted step by step how to create them.

I just went and searched for you but didn't find it. Ooops, forgot to use REACH. Lemme look again...

Old 03-13-2007, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
On our way home, Dh was talking about his plans for work; listening to him was so inspiring!!! ... As you can see, I'm buzzing And I like it!!!

I'm even grateful for last week crisis as it was an opportunity to grow and become stronger!:
It's so great to hear about your life and your family! Things sound super! One thing I like about this thread is hearing about the good things happening in other moms' lives. :

Quote:
*when children are acting out of control they are not looking for us to control them, they are looking for us to control ourselves*
I like this! What you are describing is similar to what I did when my kids were small. It is really about what is going on in our own head, not about controlling them.

Quote:
I don't have much experience with aggression and with older children especially but I like what koalamama said. The times our daughter has become aggressive I tell her ina calm way that I need to protect myself from people who aren't respecting my body and I remove myself from her
I don't either, and I honestly would not have tolerated it. I come from the perspective of raising closely spaced kids so it was never an option for my kids to be hurtfully out of control because they would have hurt hurt each other. Just not an option.

Since we are attracting everything into our lives, I think that a parent dealing with this who believes in the LOA needs to set down with themselves and get real about what is going on in their head and doing their inner work. :

I feel like this thread has gotten off track a bit by talking about parenting techniques and lost sight a little of the fact that we attract our kids behavoir into our lives, so we have to start by *fixing* ourselves. :

Quote:
Just thought I would put that out there... I don't get into the past lives thing but I respect the beliefs of others of course! I just would caution against labels -- that is a really heavy label to put on a kid "hey you may be my brother"
I've been mulling this over and I agree. When my younger DD was a toddler, she said things about when she was the mommy and I was the baby. She no longer remembers any of it, though. There have been suicides in my family as well and I would never ever suggest or dwell on the idea that my DDs could be one of the people in my family who killed themselves. I think that would just be atttracting all kinds of negative crap into their lives.

Quote:
not that I am saying anyone would approach it like that! --I am just saying that even general conversations in that direction may freak out a child much more than they are already freaked out
I think that even thinking it -- even if it is never said aloud, is manifesting stuff that I wouldn't want in our lives.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 PM

Hey guys

So I had a big realization last night but now I am just bleh. And it's interesting to read about kids' mood issues in the morning being dietary... my bad mornings are always due to/include indigestion. Anyway I'm very what-is about it, if you know what I mean!

The realization was... well it felt sort of like a message, so there was a simple version, but also aspects of it that didn't really get put into words.

The most basic aspect of it was "I can get out of my way." The processes that would work for this are segment intending and virtual reality.

Anyway, I'm going to try some virtual reality on a happy tummy right now.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:

oh except Karamel Sutra
I'm sorry, I am so distracted by this I can't think about anything else : I even went to the Ben and Jerry's website!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:

oh except Karamel Sutra
Oh, man! I was doing pretty good at convincing myself I really wanted the healthy dinner I was making, that I would really be able to eat it. Now, who cares, I just want dh to go get me Karamel Sutra!!

User Tag List