LoA March 11-17 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
Those are the MOST wonderful words I have read together in a sentence!! Going to check my local store....

I really need to learn how to multi-quote!

AprylSrissa~ Congrats!!!! Glad you are feeling better!

catgirl~ not sure if this applies either, (I think your ds's b-day was coming up) but I have read ,somewhere, that any "half" point of a year is a turbulent time, ex 2 and a half, where I am right now with DD......there's physical growth, emotional changes, I'm not explaining this how I remember Anyways many to you.
Thanks!

And I think I read that two about the half year point. We actually find in my oldest that from about there to birthday, he is really pushing lots of buttons, processing lots at once. Then right at the birthday, it all clicks, and he is great. We have seen this like 5 years running now. Plus a lot of waldorf sites mention a 9 year change. A friend sent me links, but I think maybe some kids hit it a bit early or late, but those changes really hit home for him, maybe do a search for that?
#362 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I had a break through last night and I want to share!

I keep a gratitude journal and every night before I go to bed I write down several things from the day that I am grateful for. We are moving next week so my entries were about things that went well yesterday in getting ready for the move, and the specifics about why I am grateful we are moving.

And then (this is the break through part) I started writing about things related to the move that I am grateful for that haven't happened yet. Things that I know will happen, and I'm grateful in advance. It wasn't in an attempt to manifest them or to try to release resistance or anything, it was truly from a place of thinking about all the things that I have to be grateful for and these things that haven't happened yet coming to mind! It was the first time I felt that way and it was such a cool feeling!

just wanted to share.
I think this is fantastic! Sensing some things before they're going to happen. KNOWING they're somehow going to manifest themselves. I've done this for some things. It's the oddest, most reassuring feeling.
#363 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:03 AM

Awesome, Linda! That is the very space that allows all your manifestations in! Sitting in appreciation and happy anticipation of all of your desires coming true. Yummy!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#364 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM

8 is not too early for those hormones. I think it's almost worse then than later. When they are first kicking in, it's all a new change.
#365 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Alright guys-

My interview is today at 3 pacific. I know I'm going to get this job. Hurray! I'm excited for the change!
#366 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Who was looking for my book for her mom's b-day?

I can technically sell the book right now, if she doesn't mind it not having a proper ISBN and stuff. Could give her the sad copy and tell her it's a first draft or something?

I think the "real" copies will come out too late for b-day, is the reason I'm mentioning it at this time.
#367 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
Alright guys-

My interview is today at 3 pacific. I know I'm going to get this job. Hurray! I'm excited for the change!
CAn't wait to read your post later saying that you got it!
#368 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post

I can technically sell the book right now, if she doesn't mind it not having a proper ISBN and stuff. Could give her the sad copy and tell her it's a first draft or something?

I think the "real" copies will come out too late for b-day, is the reason I'm mentioning it at this time.
Did you get the cover issue resolved?
#369 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Did you get the cover issue resolved?
Yes, I did. I finally figured it out on my own. (god helped me, obviously, ROFL)
#370 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did. I finally figured it out on my own. (god helped me, obviously, ROFL)
#371 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM

I had the strangest experience last night while listening to the Holosync cd that I wanted to share. It was getting late and all 3 boys were asleep. I was sitting in the alcove area (what used to be the dining nook) and dh was in the kitchen cleaning up and stuff. For a while I could hear the background noise of dh working and then the noise was gone. Suddenly I was in my dad's house (where I grew up), but I was an observer ... I was taken back to the day I walked in and saw my dad packing to move. I was seven. I replayed the conversation a couple times in my head ... my best friend at the time had come home with me; apparently we were supposed to walk to her house instead. Then suddenly I could sense it was just me as a little girl and me now. I remember being really sad (me IRL now as I was listening to the Holosync that is). I was rocking myself and telling myself it was OK ... that I was loved ... I don't know how long I was "out" so to speak. Suddenly I "woke" from this experience to dh standing in front of me with the baby crying ... I didn't hear them approach, I didn't hear the baby crying until he was right there ... and it scared the dickens out of me! It was a very fascinating experience ... being so deep into a visualization has never happened to me before. I'm going to attribute it to the Holosync and frankly, I can't wait to experience it again ... it felt like the beginning of healing from that event, an event which I believe deeply scarred me and made me who I am today. Just felt like sharing.

Oh, and I will respond to everyone else's cool posts and stuff when I have a few minutes child-distraction-free.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#372 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Your book is coming out in the exact perfect time. All is well.
#373 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM

MyLittleWonders~ Wow! What an incredible experience!

I have a question about the HoloSync CD. Is that the sample CD you're talking about? If so, are there any tracks that there's not talking over it? From what others have said, it sounds like there is/are. I only listened to mine once, and I totally zoned out/fell asleep for a short time (it was Monday, so it was probably due to the time change). But when I fell asleep there was talking, and when I woke up there was still talking. I think there's only two tracks? Is that right? I really liked what I heard, and would love to hear more (but I don't know if I'm ready to shell out $160 or whatever it is).
#374 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I had the strangest experience last night while listening to the Holosync cd that I wanted to share. It was getting late and all 3 boys were asleep. I was sitting in the alcove area (what used to be the dining nook) and dh was in the kitchen cleaning up and stuff. For a while I could hear the background noise of dh working and then the noise was gone. Suddenly I was in my dad's house (where I grew up), but I was an observer ... I was taken back to the day I walked in and saw my dad packing to move. I was seven. I replayed the conversation a couple times in my head ... my best friend at the time had come home with me; apparently we were supposed to walk to her house instead. Then suddenly I could sense it was just me as a little girl and me now. I remember being really sad (me IRL now as I was listening to the Holosync that is). I was rocking myself and telling myself it was OK ... that I was loved ... I don't know how long I was "out" so to speak. Suddenly I "woke" from this experience to dh standing in front of me with the baby crying ... I didn't hear them approach, I didn't hear the baby crying until he was right there ... and it scared the dickens out of me! It was a very fascinating experience ... being so deep into a visualization has never happened to me before. I'm going to attribute it to the Holosync and frankly, I can't wait to experience it again ... it felt like the beginning of healing from that event, an event which I believe deeply scarred me and made me who I am today. Just felt like sharing.

Oh, and I will respond to everyone else's cool posts and stuff when I have a few minutes child-distraction-free.
Wow! Thank you for sharing such a powerful story.
#375 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:

A book? I should've been following this thread more closely!! Is it about LOA???

I'd love to get a copy once you have it available for sale
#376 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Okay, now that the book has gone so far as actually publishing, I am feeling SO tremendously anxious and fearful! I have this fear that no one will buy it, or that only a few people will buy it and that will be the end of it, and I'll be even worse off than I was when I began all this.

Why is it that I had little problem all along, and now all of a sudden I'm in near full-scale panic?

#377 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
A book? I should've been following this thread more closely!! Is it about LOA???

I'd love to get a copy once you have it available for sale
No, it's about this: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=614870

Or you can look at my blog in my sig, same thing, basically.
#378 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
MyLittleWonders~ Wow! What an incredible experience!

I have a question about the HoloSync CD. Is that the sample CD you're talking about? If so, are there any tracks that there's not talking over it? From what others have said, it sounds like there is/are. I only listened to mine once, and I totally zoned out/fell asleep for a short time (it was Monday, so it was probably due to the time change). But when I fell asleep there was talking, and when I woke up there was still talking. I think there's only two tracks? Is that right? I really liked what I heard, and would love to hear more (but I don't know if I'm ready to shell out $160 or whatever it is).
Hula - I am using the actual program now. I have the sample - I think it's the second track that ends with about 7 minutes of just the rain/gongs and no talking. So, I would fast forward to that point and see what you think. The actual cd's have 30 minutes of the first part, and then 30 minutes of the second part (which is supposed to be used immediately following the first part, but only after you have listened to the first part for a period of time). There are also a couple other "bonus" cd's/tracks that came with the initial shipment, and then yesterday I got another cd (can't remember the name - uses supposedly a slightly different technology - it wasn't a good day so I have to read the information today to see what it is - plus 6 cd's of talks he's given and then he sent out his latest book ... it was a bumpercrop of Bill Harris in my mailbox! ).

Baby crying ... more later.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#379 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Okay, now that the book has gone so far as actually publishing, I am feeling SO tremendously anxious and fearful! I have this fear that no one will buy it, or that only a few people will buy it and that will be the end of it, and I'll be even worse off than I was when I began all this.

Why is it that I had little problem all along, and now all of a sudden I'm in near full-scale panic?

I already said I'd buy it

Have unwaivering faith. It will sell like crazy! It will be an absolute hit. Oh- and I love your website. I was going to email you awhile ago about it, but I got really busy that day! You are an amazing soul and people will gravitate to your book.
#380 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM

I went looking for my house yesterday

When I made my to do list a couple days ago, I got the distinct impression I was supposed to look for my house. I am very very happy and grateful to be in the house I am in right now, but the time to move will come, and the right house will appear, just as this one did. So, I guess I'm making that part more intentional.

I found a few different houses. One I am very drawn to. I LOVE it. We actually drove by on the way back from the zoo yesterday. I loved it in person just as much or even more. It's on a dead end, so there's no through traffic. Lots of young children out playing. Lots of families

Now I am just feeling very curious to see how the Universe manifests the perfect house for me! The Universe likes speed, right? Someone told me that I might have to wait several years for my house, but I get the feeling that may not be correct.
#381 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:

I think the closer we get to manifesting our desires, the harder it is! I think its got a lot to do with all the garbage in our brain that keeps trying to tell us we can't possibly do this. But this will go spectacularly and then you will know you can do anything!
#382 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Hula - I am using the actual program now. I have the sample - I think it's the second track that ends with about 7 minutes of just the rain/gongs and no talking. So, I would fast forward to that point and see what you think. The actual cd's have 30 minutes of the first part, and then 30 minutes of the second part (which is supposed to be used immediately following the first part, but only after you have listened to the first part for a period of time). There are also a couple other "bonus" cd's/tracks that came with the initial shipment, and then yesterday I got another cd (can't remember the name - uses supposedly a slightly different technology - it wasn't a good day so I have to read the information today to see what it is - plus 6 cd's of talks he's given and then he sent out his latest book ... it was a bumpercrop of Bill Harris in my mailbox! ).

Baby crying ... more later.
Thanks so much. It's really tempting to buy it, just based on what I heard and how I even zoned out from that (like I said, I don't know if I was just tired, though). Hmmm... maybe I didn't listen to the whole thing, so I didn't get to the part with no talking. I'll have to do that. I've never had great luck meditating by myself, but have had some good experiences with 'guided meditations.' I think I'll have to manifest that program.
#383 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:34 PM

does anyone have any experience with the Insight CD? supposed to be similar to Holosync, but way not as pricey nor marketed. ?? It's from the Immrama Institute.

thanks!
#384 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM

I have the sample and the second half of track one has no talking. I think starting around 13 minutes or so? Then track two started with talking again so I turned it off. I found it really hard to pay attention to the talking with the holosync in the background so I'm not even sure what he was going on about

So I was trying to do the Sedona method the other day and I apparently found a block. I've done it this week on a few various things. It worked really well when someone hurt my feelings and I realized they've hurt my feelings in the same way since childhood so why bother letting it get to me? And it worked! Anyway, then I thought oooh, maybe I could use it for the fact that I find cleaning the house to be painfully boring

So I thought about how boring cleaning the house is. I visualized picking up the floor and just accepted how boring I find it to be and how I feel really bored when I'm doing it. Ok, ready. I asked "Could you let this go". I couldn't answer! I know he says it's ok to answer "no" but I couldn't bring myself to answer anything! It was like this huge block and I just couldn't go there. Has anyone had anything like that?

That was Monday. Tuesday I did manage to clean up the mess a bit (last week we had a lot of activities and playdates and I let the house go - a lot!). So last night I tried the Sedona method again and this time I was able to answer and felt a release. Not saying I'm dancing around with a feather duster in my hands but I'm feeling a bit less . . . . dreading it, kwim?

I was planning to try it again this afternoon before cleaning. Any other tips on how to make cleaning enjoyable from a LOA perspective? I know I've heard the whole 'if you are in the moment, everything is enjoyable' but I either have no idea what they're talking about or how to get there.
#385 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Wow! That's powerful!
#386 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I have the sample and the second half of track one has no talking. I think starting around 13 minutes or so? Then track two started with talking again so I turned it off. I found it really hard to pay attention to the talking with the holosync in the background so I'm not even sure what he was going on about

So I was trying to do the Sedona method the other day and I apparently found a block. I've done it this week on a few various things. It worked really well when someone hurt my feelings and I realized they've hurt my feelings in the same way since childhood so why bother letting it get to me? And it worked! Anyway, then I thought oooh, maybe I could use it for the fact that I find cleaning the house to be painfully boring

So I thought about how boring cleaning the house is. I visualized picking up the floor and just accepted how boring I find it to be and how I feel really bored when I'm doing it. Ok, ready. I asked "Could you let this go". I couldn't answer! I know he says it's ok to answer "no" but I couldn't bring myself to answer anything! It was like this huge block and I just couldn't go there. Has anyone had anything like that?

That was Monday. Tuesday I did manage to clean up the mess a bit (last week we had a lot of activities and playdates and I let the house go - a lot!). So last night I tried the Sedona method again and this time I was able to answer and felt a release. Not saying I'm dancing around with a feather duster in my hands but I'm feeling a bit less . . . . dreading it, kwim?

I was planning to try it again this afternoon before cleaning. Any other tips on how to make cleaning enjoyable from a LOA perspective? I know I've heard the whole 'if you are in the moment, everything is enjoyable' but I either have no idea what they're talking about or how to get there.
I had that happen. In fact, to be totally honest, I also had another point where I resented the question, and I literally could NOT keep my mind on trying to do the Sedona method. Or on the issue at all. It was like a slippery place where my mind would go anywhere but there.

maybe I'll try it again now, perhaps my block will be gone, too.
#387 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post

When I made my to do list a couple days ago, I got the distinct impression I was supposed to look for my house. I am very very happy and grateful to be in the house I am in right now, but the time to move will come, and the right house will appear, just as this one did. So, I guess I'm making that part more intentional.

I found a few different houses. One I am very drawn to. I LOVE it. We actually drove by on the way back from the zoo yesterday. I loved it in person just as much or even more. It's on a dead end, so there's no through traffic. Lots of young children out playing. Lots of families

Now I am just feeling very curious to see how the Universe manifests the perfect house for me! The Universe likes speed, right? Someone told me that I might have to wait several years for my house, but I get the feeling that may not be correct.
I manifested my house in one month. I'm totally serious. I went from thinking I'd never be able to buy a house to living in my house (being financed and finding the perfect house) within one month. Amazing things can happen!
#388 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I LOVE today's Daily Groove: Do-Over
I have been getting the Daily Groove too and that one really spoke to me. I like the idea of a do-over so much. I also printed out the one about Scare City. Scott Noelle is so cool. I remember reading about his website and looking at it after seeing some info about it on www.thecowgoddess.com But then I forgot all about it. Then I read about him again here on this thread (Of course!) and was reminded and signed up for his emails. It's such a pleasure to read his stuff every day.

Quote:
Good luck hon!!! We're both in WA- I'm in Mt Vernon though (work in Bothell- eep!!). I got Willow at the NOAH shelter in Stanwood- they had a lot of great choices. I will send you puppy vibes!!!!
Mt. Vernon! How cool. We are in Seattle, but my best friend lives in Sedro Wooley (Mt. Vernon before that) So pretty familiar with that area. I linked to your blog and congrats on manifesting that house too. It's super cute. Thanks for the puppy vibes and the rec. on the NOAH shelter. We do pass by there sometimes (have family in Bellingham). Will have to check it out.

Oh, and can't wait to hear about your successful interview later on today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
~This is the way to peace and love.

I have found that awareness of my own impact, models how I want others to treat me.

We had the most glorious day at the park. We had about 20 homeschooling families of all ages gathering for picnic and play. It was 78 degrees and sunny. We skateboarded, rode the scooter, played badmitten, blew bubbles, chased bubbles, made sand castles, explored in the woods, flew a kite WAY UP HIGH!! And just were peaceful and joyful together. It was delightful and you all wrote 168 posts while I was gone!!!

Pat
Pat, that sounds fabulous! I am looking forward to many days like that this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post

I really need to learn how to multi-quote!
It's super easy, just click on the button that says MQ on the bottom right of a post that you want to quote, keep doing that as you read the thread until you are ready to post. Then, the last thing you want to quote before you post, just click on QUOTE, then you are able to post and wade through all your multi-quotes. : It can be confusing, but fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I had a break through last night and I want to share!

I keep a gratitude journal and every night before I go to bed I write down several things from the day that I am grateful for. We are moving next week so my entries were about things that went well yesterday in getting ready for the move, and the specifics about why I am grateful we are moving.

And then (this is the break through part) I started writing about things related to the move that I am grateful for that haven't happened yet. Things that I know will happen, and I'm grateful in advance. It wasn't in an attempt to manifest them or to try to release resistance or anything, it was truly from a place of thinking about all the things that I have to be grateful for and these things that haven't happened yet coming to mind! It was the first time I felt that way and it was such a cool feeling!

just wanted to share.
That is so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
8 is not too early for those hormones. I think it's almost worse then than later. When they are first kicking in, it's all a new change.
I read somewhere that boys prepuberty have more testosterone per pound in their body than adult men?

Quote:

Wow! I have been skimming the holosynch stuff just because I already feel like my plate is pretty full with everything else I am learning, but that sounds like quite an experience. Now I am intrigued!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post

Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about the new place

My success story. My sister is at her first year of college at Evergreen this year and I have been thinking about her a lot because I know spring break is coming up and I really want to see her and catch up when she is in town. I got a letter from her yesterday telling me how much she wants to get together during spring break! So cool.

My projects this week;

I am so happy and grateful that we are prepared and organized for filing our taxes.

I am so happy and grateful that our closets and dressers are completely cleared out of clothing that no longer serves us well.

I am so happy and grateful that we wake up refreshed and early so we can be peaceful on our way to work and school.

#389 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
It was like a slippery place where my mind would go anywhere but there.

maybe I'll try it again now, perhaps my block will be gone, too.
Maybe with something like this we need to attempt it a few times before we can actually do it. Mine is just housecleaning so even though I obviously have issues with it it's not serious so that's probably why I could do it the second time. But maybe some issues need to be gently approached many times before we can finally "go there".
#390 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 01:50 PM

For multi-quote, my button doesn't say "MQ". It has a picture of a piece of paper with quotes on it (looks like eyes to me). It's the middle button on the bottom right of each post. Maybe it depends on what MDC format you have.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page