LoA March 11-17 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
Can you manifest for other people? If I really focus on something for someone else, will it work the same? What if they are negative people and are pessimistic about the situation?
You've already heard why not to manifest for others, so to add....

You can manifest greater understanding or patience for yourself when dealing with this person.
You can manifest knowledge and wisdom to come to you that is appropriate to share with this person at the most opportune time.
You can manifest that you will be a person they can turn to if they need help along the way.
#422 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
On a related topic, I can't stop thinking about global warming and the poor polar bears. I feel like a solution to this is beyond the scope of what I would be able manifest, but I also am so effected by my feelings about the situation. I am not sure where I am going with this, but I wondered if anyone has any advice about LoA and global stuff, peace, environment, etc. Thoughts?
There was a question asked to Hicks-Abraham in one of the "I Can Do It" (2005 or 2006) seminars (in the free lectures on Hay House Radio) where someone asked about the environment. They said that our world can do things we haven't even begun to imagine...and everytime someone is concerned for the earth...it sends another positive burst of energy for it's health and well being. They said clearly that our earth is healthy and safe and everytime we do someone environmentally healthy and helpful...it puts more energy into making it be even better.
#423 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 PM

You know, I can easily think of affirmations for other people, but not for myself. :

Our business has increased tremendously, which is great. It also helped me realise that I can't do it all. I have to have help. Ideally that is in the form of my almost 14 yo daughters (we unschool and the learning opportunities are tremendous)

But I find myself having trouble letting go. I'm having trouble finding the balance between giving them guidance and micromanaging them.

Any thoughts or affirmations?
#424 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
You've already heard why not to manifest for others, so to add....

You can manifest greater understanding or patience for yourself when dealing with this person.
You can manifest knowledge and wisdom to come to you that is appropriate to share with this person at the most opportune time.
You can manifest that you will be a person they can turn to if they need help along the way.
Another thought comes to mind...along the same lines, what if someone IS trying to manifest something and requests you help them manifest it for them?

The thing that gets me, is if like attracts like, and I think I'm manifesting for someone else, isn't that going to actually attract those things to me? Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way....
#425 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I cheated I copy and pasted the post with inner quote then highlighted the inner quote and used the quote feature on post toolbar then highlighted the main quote and used that same quote tool. I was being tricky
I had done it that way (or something similar - I don't remember exactly) one time, but it was quite the hassle. I thought maybe you knew a quicker way. Apparently not.
#426 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
You know, I can easily think of affirmations for other people, but not for myself. :

Our business has increased tremendously, which is great. It also helped me realise that I can't do it all. I have to have help. Ideally that is in the form of my almost 14 yo daughters (we unschool and the learning opportunities are tremendous)

But I find myself having trouble letting go. I'm having trouble finding the balance between giving them guidance and micromanaging them.

I just did a tarot reading for myself where I was asked:

What are my most important goals?

How and when can I meet them?

Are there responsibilities I can let go of?

I started brainstorming and thought of good things for myself which will help me accomplish the things I truly want to accomplish.

Can you get an assistant for your business?

Can you get someone to come once a week and clean your house?

These little things that don't exactly matter to you can probably be taken care of by others, allowing you to do the things you TRULY want to do.
#427 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Another thought comes to mind...along the same lines, what if someone IS trying to manifest something and requests you help them manifest it for them?

The thing that gets me, is if like attracts like, and I think I'm manifesting for someone else, isn't that going to actually attract those things to me? Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way....
Don't try to "help them manifest" that specific thing.

Simply send them loving, supportive energy. You do not need to tell Spirit how to "spend" that energy, just send it. And loving support will be returned to you in kind.

I think I could live with that, myself.
#428 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Agreeing with Amris.
#429 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
There was a question asked to Hicks-Abraham in one of the "I Can Do It" (2005 or 2006) seminars (in the free lectures on Hay House Radio) where someone asked about the environment. They said that our world can do things we haven't even begun to imagine...and everytime someone is concerned for the earth...it sends another positive burst of energy for it's health and well being. They said clearly that our earth is healthy and safe and everytime we do someone environmentally healthy and helpful...it puts more energy into making it be even better.
Ah, this is a wonderful image as well. Thank you. I appreciate the insights I am getting on this topic b/c for some reason it is on my mind a lot these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I had done it that way (or something similar - I don't remember exactly) one time, but it was quite the hassle. I thought maybe you knew a quicker way. Apparently not.
Yeah, : it's not simple, but it works.

#430 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Geez....I just came back to multi-quote, and by the time I was done selecting quotes I had no time left to reply! We're out of control on this thread! See you guys in several hours.
#431 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Don't try to "help them manifest" that specific thing.

Simply send them loving, supportive energy. You do not need to tell Spirit how to "spend" that energy, just send it. And loving support will be returned to you in kind.

I think I could live with that, myself.
Yeah! Adding my agreement to this!

Quote:
So what?!?!

Did you enjoy the experience of making it?
Did you benefit in some way or grow or enjoy the process?
Do you think what you've done has helped others?

Enjoy the journey. Life (and selling a book) is a journey....not a destination!!!

p.s. I'm only saying this because I'm guessing you will probably have 50 orders just from MDC alone.
And more agreement to this on all counts! (You know I'm down for some copies!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post
Linda, sorry that you felt that the discussion was outside of the realm of LOA. I didn't, and don't. I feel, especially, that consensual parenting is EXACTLY what LOA is about. Living in the moment, being grateful for the moment and all that it has to teach you, enjoying your life and not being forced into acting in a way that isn't enjoyable for you, etc. I will, however, post my parenting issues elsewhere, in future.
Obviously, I'm not Linda, but I wanted to say that I actually appreciated her comments on this and didn't take them to mean quite what you're thinking (or what I think you're thinking! ). I think we got a little off LoA and parenting, and into critiquing/discussing parenting methods. (This comment not directly related to your question about tantrums, btw - just where the conversation was going in general.) I think when we talk about parenting and LoA, we really need to focus on what we as individuals are creating in our own experience; it's about how we are behaving, and why we are manifesting certain situations. Dissecting and trying to figure out how to fix what others are doing is really not much on topic when you consider it in those terms. I sometimes find it easy to forget myself and focus on the behaviour of others, so I really appreciated that reminder.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#432 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Linda, sorry that you felt that the discussion was outside of the realm of LOA. I didn't, and don't. I feel, especially, that consensual parenting is EXACTLY what LOA is about. Living in the moment, being grateful for the moment and all that it has to teach you, enjoying your life and not being forced into acting in a way that isn't enjoyable for you, etc. I will, however, post my parenting issues elsewhere, in future.
kdmama33, there are many ways to manifest a place to discuss LoA and parenting. :

There is an Abe-kids yahoogroup: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abe-kids/
There is the Consensual Living yahoogroup:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Consen...guid=287472904
The Abraham-Hicks forum: http://forums.abraham-hicks.com/
The Consensual Living tribe: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=493985

Or perhaps starting an LoA tribe in FYT.
Or begin a thread about LoA and parenting.
Or begin a yahoogroup about LoA and parenting.
(or all of the above! )

Hope that helps to meet many mama's needs.

Pat

I have a blog.
#433 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 PM

On the subject of "what can I do to save the world," I'd just like to add my 2 very old, very tarnished, and not very-useful-in-this-day-and-age cents...

I love the analogy of a glass full of muddy water. When you pour water into it, if the new water coming in is cleaner, it will start to push the old, dirty water out.

So, you can continue to send pure, clean love to the Earth. I believe we're at a time when the pure love is starting to overtake the mud. As we each and every one continue to pour love into the "energy" of the Earth... it will begin to be cleared of the mud.

And as you do that, while you might not be able to individually save this or that, you will be making the Earth a better place to live. So, to "save the whales" or to "save the polar bears" through visualization... imagine pouring as much clean, pure love into the planet as you can. In this way, the mud of negativity can be cleaned out that much faster.

This is how "social manifestations" work, IMO. As more and more people give energy to President Bush and how they hate or love him... he gets elected. But as more and more people begin to pour energy into a great leader in the whitehouse... ta da, a great leader gets elected.

You may be a drop in the social bucket. But if we all do it, we become a wellspring. Be your drop, so that your drop, together with my drop, can become a torrent of Love to wash away the social cares.
#434 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
On the subject of "what can I do to save the world," I'd just like to add my 2 very old, very tarnished, and not very-useful-in-this-day-and-age cents...

I love the analogy of a glass full of muddy water. When you pour water into it, if the new water coming in is cleaner, it will start to push the old, dirty water out.

So, you can continue to send pure, clean love to the Earth. I believe we're at a time when the pure love is starting to overtake the mud. As we each and every one continue to pour love into the "energy" of the Earth... it will begin to be cleared of the mud.

And as you do that, while you might not be able to individually save this or that, you will be making the Earth a better place to live. So, to "save the whales" or to "save the polar bears" through visualization... imagine pouring as much clean, pure love into the planet as you can. In this way, the mud of negativity can be cleaned out that much faster.

This is how "social manifestations" work, IMO. As more and more people give energy to President Bush and how they hate or love him... he gets elected. But as more and more people begin to pour energy into a great leader in the whitehouse... ta da, a great leader gets elected.

You may be a drop in the social bucket. But if we all do it, we become a wellspring. Be your drop, so that your drop, together with my drop, can become a torrent of Love to wash away the social cares.
Amris, thank you for this. I love your 2 cents! Every post on this topic has just helped me feel better and better about this subject and I particularly like your political thoughts. I definitely focus too much on the negative in our political arena, and it is something I need to work on. Thank you for the continued insight. On a similar note, my parents bought me a subscription to a magazine this winter. It's called Ode, a magazine for intelligent optimists. And it has also helped me start to feel more positive as well.

(this is my new favorite smilie, esp since dd told me her favorite color is rainbow )
#435 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Then you will have to change your name to "Linda takes root" :

:
:

I am planning on changing my user name, and I haven't decided what to change it to, and this is now soooo in the running!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#436 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

I am grateful for the wisdom of when to guide and when to let go.

I trust the process of life.
#437 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Who was looking for my book for her mom's b-day?

I can technically sell the book right now, if she doesn't mind it not having a proper ISBN and stuff. Could give her the sad copy and tell her it's a first draft or something?

I think the "real" copies will come out too late for b-day, is the reason I'm mentioning it at this time.
That was me! She won't care about ISBNs and all that stuff, so thats fine
#438 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Okay, now that the book has gone so far as actually publishing, I am feeling SO tremendously anxious and fearful! I have this fear that no one will buy it, or that only a few people will buy it and that will be the end of it, and I'll be even worse off than I was when I began all this.

Why is it that I had little problem all along, and now all of a sudden I'm in near full-scale panic?

It's always scary when your dream is about be real. Just feel it, then let it go, kinda like giving birth. It's scary, but you know it will happen just as it should. Then it's over and you feel so much better and go on enjoying it!
#439 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM

A minute ago I was wondering if I should keep trying to bounce my way out of this pms, or just relax and let it be knowing that my vibration can't go that low knowing what I know now.

Then I reread something I wrote and I realized, I should relax, let it go, and concentrate on appreciation and acceptance of my current state & journey to fulfillment.

#440 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
It's always scary when your dream is about be real. Just feel it, then let it go, kinda like giving birth. It's scary, but you know it will happen just as it should. Then it's over and you feel so much better and go on enjoying it!
I'm trying to picture this like this....giving birth.... It doesn't really quite...fit.... lol It makes sense...a wonderful analogy....just...oh my... lol
#441 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

Hey everyone

I spent the day with my mom because it is her birthday and we had a really nice day

I am feeling in a low-er vibration today, not low but just not where I like to be -- but I am reaching for that place of gratitude and the feeling place of joy.

UPDATE---

Oh My Goodness. I cannot believe what I got in the mail today. My husband just brought it in from work and I got something from

KATEST.

Kate you have no idea. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. The unbelievable kindness and just holy ... WOW.... how did you even get my address???? What in the world??? This is like, I honestly cannot, cannot believe someone I have never met (in person) could be so kind and like....you honestly have no idea. None. Thank you, one hundred times, for the gift, of course, for the gift -- but more than that, the belief. The BELIEF... the belief in me and in who I am and what I am doing on this planet. The belief in me, in my thoughts and creations and just... I am sorry this is coming out so jumbled, you just have no idea, if you could see my heart right now you would know just how much your belief in me means, just how much.

I just can't believe this... right in the middle, literally in the MIDDLE of my "lower vibration" post... I seriously cannot believe this.

Off to pm you, wow.

Thank you doesn't even begin to express it.
#442 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I just noticed that some one made me "Linda the Serene Yoga Goddess!"

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I could use some input on this, please

One of the things I am working very hard at manifesting is being at a weight I am comfortable and healthy at. ... I'm sorry, I'm not happy being in my maternity clothes for the last 3 years.
First, could you start by going and buying yourself some new clothes that fit you that are NOT maternity clothes? Some attractive clothes in the size you currently are. You don't need a lot (because you are NOT going to stay this size!) but some stuff to make getting up and getting dressed a happy experience. I think there is a lot in being happy right now, and it sounds like wearing regular clothes would help with that for you.

Next, Louise Hay in Heal Your Body says that being overweight is often caused by fear, and that weight makes us feel safe. If that rings true for you, then it gives you a direction to explore. If not, you could explore for other inner reasons. For me, exploring the reasons why I was more comfortable carrying around 70 extra pounds than releasing it was key to being able to release it. (I've released 20 extra pounds so far!)

I've been listening to a meditation CD on weight loss that is really helping. It has messages about loving and accepting my body, as well as brain washing messages and that program me to make healthy food choices. It has been super helpful to me -- I'm not concerned about my weight anymore because I know that my body is heading in the right direction. I bought it for like $12 at a bookstore and listen to it while I fall asleep at night. Different things work for different people.

Also, in manifesting love for your body, would it work for you to start by being grateful for the things that work right and the things you already like? For example, could you be grateful that you can see, hear, walk, etc., and make a list of things things you like about the way you look -- do you have beautiful sparkling eyes? Really great hair? A smile that melts your DH's heart? We've all got things we think are beautiful, focus on yours! :

So often we we think of trying to be happy with our bodies, we focus on our tummies, thighs, and butts. There are so many OTHER things about your body!!!! Start with loving the other things, the easy things, first. The love for all of your body will flow out of that in the perfect time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I'm wondering that too. I'm just doing the three questions from the Bill Harris download but boy, do they work! I just can't imagine 8 hours and 25 more minutes of it!
I'm lost. : What are the 3 questions and what download are you guys talking about?

Quote:
Linda, sorry that you felt that the discussion was outside of the realm of LOA. I didn't, and don't. I feel, especially, that consensual parenting is EXACTLY what LOA is about.
I feel like the conversation got off track, not that it was out of the realm of LOA.

Quote:
I will, however, post my parenting issues elsewhere, in future.
I think that parenting issues focused on how we attracted things into our lives, how we manifest harmonious relationships in our families, how we teach our kids to use the LOA, etc. totally belong on this thread. Figuring how to apply the loa to our real lives is the point of the thread!

IMO, debates on the pros and cons of specific parenting tips really don't belong on here. That is, however, just my opinion, and is no more valid that yours or anybody else's!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#443 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM

I've been reading through a book entitled The Heart of Learning (I think) from Oak Meadow (we hs holistically using Enki and OM). Anyways, something I've been "reading" in it over and over talks today of how our children, especially in the first 7 years, are really mirrors of ourselves and that we can't "fix" their behavior but rather we need to "fix" our own inner beings. In doing that, they will follow right along reflecting us. I'm not wording that the greatest, but I thought it fit well in all this.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#444 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Popping in to say that I miss being able to read these threads every day! I'm busy with painting and getting our house ready to move in the rest of our stuff, and I just was able to read a few pages of this thread finally, and I just miss you! You all make me feel so good and help me to remember the bigger picture and why I've taken on this huge endeavor (Lazure painting the whole house) and to trust the process and know it is all perfect and working as it is.
#445 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I have a question I've been thinking about and have been meaning to post in the last few days.

Can you manifest for other people? If I really focus on something for someone else, will it work the same? What if they are negative people and are pessimistic about the situation?
IME that only works if it effects you. Like dh and I both manifested together him getting a job in the city we wanted to move to. Before when I wanted one thing and he wanted another it didn't work. We had to get in sync. When we did it happened fast.
#446 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:44 PM

So, I went into my bathroom, and guess what I saw on the floor.

There were 3 of my hairs on the floor... they spelled a word....

J
O
Y

Yep. My hair is possessed.
#447 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:51 PM

Wow, Amris, now the Spirit is speaking to you through your cast-off HAIR??? I am super jealous.

Though I did see a smiley face in my bread dip at dinner tonight.

Just checking in to send and to everyone!!! I have been spoiled by going to bed early and have decided to start shutting off the computer at 10 pm... I'll check in with y'all over the weekend, most likely! I am just so darn busy.

I hope everyone is doing well and vibrating nice and high!! I am buzzing like a maniac getting excited about my trip.

Love you all!!
#448 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
So, I went into my bathroom, and guess what I saw on the floor.

There were 3 of my hairs on the floor... they spelled a word....

J
O
Y

Yep. My hair is possessed.
I think that is very cool
We have one of those magnetic poetry games and I often find words lying around that directly relate to whatever is going on at the time. For example, I was having a lot of anxiety over something that was actually not a big deal, and in the midst of dealing with it, I looked at the floor and saw YOU'RE SILLY
#449 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Jen -- that is PERFECT!! I love it.

Once, I was debating whether to go out with a guy who I knew only wanted to sleep with me, but I kinda only wanted to sleep with him too (Is that bad? : ) and I asked out loud in my car, "What should I do?" and the song on the radio said "Get some" at that exact moment.

Totally worth it, by the way.

Meanwhile, the EZpass thing from the other day cost $50... today, I saw an ad for a savings acct through my credit card co that has a decent interest rate and if you sign up, you get.... $50.

Gotta love the Universe!!
#450 of 787 Old 03-14-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
My DD's know that people in my family have committed suicide. I can remember being told this information fairly late in life and I don't think keeping it a secret is the way to go. (My youngest is only 1 year older than your DS)

But you missed my point -- I wouldn't tell my DDs that I thought they WERE some one who committed suicide. Totally different issue.
No, I didn't think you were saying that, but I quoted two posts together so it may have got a bit confused. I agree about not keeping things secret - I've jsut felt that 7 was a bit young to have to think about that - especially for a hypersensitive child who takes these things very deeply. Strangely enough it did come uptoday, because today was my brother's birthday. Ben asked how he died and I told him, as I have before, that he was sick (which is true). But I added today that he took a lot of medicine and that's how he died. Knowing my kid, I think that's quite enough for now. He already knew that my brother had walked up into the hills and died there. Today, after absorbing the new information, he said brightly, "Well, Mom, at least he got some exercise before he died!"
Quote:
You give a lot of energy to negative stuff going on in your life, so you attract more negative stuff in your life. In your posts, you focus on what is going on with your DH and with your DS, rather than on what you are doing with YOU. :
Actually I was thinking today that actually posting it here was giving it more energy. What has hapened on these two or three occasions is that I've rushed down here as soon as something happened and posted it right away because I was still upset, and knew I would find support here. The support has been wonderful but in a sense has also perpetuated the energy, because people reply, then I reply, then more people, comment and so on. So I think I will resist that temptation in future.

I will point out, though, that I've also posted about a large number of positive things going on in my life! :
Quote:
The solution isn't a parenting tip someone can give you, the solution is to do YOUR inner work. There are many ways of doing that. Why don't you focus on that for awhile. Tell us about that. Start conversations about that.
I have, quite frequently! And as I said, I wasn't looking for parenting tips, just hugs and LoA type encouragement - because in fact all this stuff that's been going on has been a direct or indirect result of my inner work with the LoA and the way it's changing the equation for everyone in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
Thanks!

And I think I read that two about the half year point. We actually find in my oldest that from about there to birthday, he is really pushing lots of buttons, processing lots at once. Then right at the birthday, it all clicks, and he is great. We have seen this like 5 years running now.
Actually I HAVE read that before. Usually ds seems to have more trouble during the winter. That could be seasonal, or simply realted to less fresh air and exercise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I had the strangest experience last night while listening to the Holosync cd that I wanted to share. It was getting late and all 3 boys were asleep. .................................................
It was a very fascinating experience ... being so deep into a visualization has never happened to me before. I'm going to attribute it to the Holosync and frankly, I can't wait to experience it again ... it felt like the beginning of healing from that event, an event which I believe deeply scarred me and made me who I am today. Just felt like sharing.
That's amazing, especially given it was the first time you've done it! You;re making me really impatient for my Holosync stuff to arrive.

I also had a cool experience just with the demo. I had half dropped off to sleep when ds bumped my arm. It jolted me awake but it was a DIFFERENT awake - like being awake and asleep at the same time. I could "see" the sounds behind my closed eyelids. As each bell sounded I kept seeing these wavelike forms (huge, puffy things, as if you'd put a picture of a soundwave under a microscope - like when you have a floater and it seems enormouse because it's actually in your eye) coming from gthe right and then the left, right, left and so on. It was the coolest thing! It happened again another time too. I can't wait to get the real program!

Quote:
Okay, now that the book has gone so far as actually publishing, I am feeling SO tremendously anxious and fearful! I have this fear that no one will buy it, or that only a few people will buy it and that will be the end of it, and I'll be even worse off than I was when I began all this.

Why is it that I had little problem all along, and now all of a sudden I'm in near full-scale panic?

: I think the answer to that question is, becasue now you can afford to. It's OK to feel that fear now becasue it cam no longer stop you from writing the book. Just process it and I think you'll be able to move on and find out what's really going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I think this is normal. You've spent so much time and energy focusing on the *doing* of it that now you have to sit back and TRUST.

You've already followed directions yk? Now you get to be an observer and watch the rest unfold.

It will happen. It might not happen in your time, but it will happen.

NOW, enjoy what you've accomplished and put your energies toward the next thing!

Quote:
I think the closer we get to manifesting our desires, the harder it is! I think its got a lot to do with all the garbage in our brain that keeps trying to tell us we can't possibly do this. But this will go spectacularly and then you will know you can do anything!
: to Annikate and Jen too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I've never had great luck meditating by myself, but have had some good experiences with 'guided meditations.' I think I'll have to manifest that program.
GO for it! That;s exactly what I did. When I played the online prosperity game that was the first thing I picked! Then after my cool experience with the demo the desire got really strong, and I manifested the money from my magic scarf drawer that weekend!

Quote:
I manifested my house in one month. I'm totally serious. I went from thinking I'd never be able to buy a house to living in my house (being financed and finding the perfect house) within one month. Amazing things can happen!
They really can! I was just saying to my neighbor today that the two times I did this best were a) going from my dead-end job and relationship to being handed a new life on a plate in 6 weeks and b) going from being told I was infertile at 40 to conceiving ds in 6 weeks.

OK, now you've reminded me of my DDDDC!!! I needed that, thanks!

Quote:
I read somewhere that boys prepuberty have more testosterone per pound in their body than adult men?
Ummm...beam me up, Scotty!!

Quote:
I could use some input on this, please

One of the things I am working very hard at manifesting is being at a weight I am comfortable and healthy at.
What can I do? I'm sorry, I'm not happy being in my maternity clothes for the last 3 years.
Jen, forget being happy about the clothes(!), but could you manifest appreciation for your body for all it's done in the last few years - growing and nourishing all those babies? It's really miraculous when you think about it! What's your pattern with nursing? I know some lose weight while nursing while others hang on to it till they're done.

Quote:
I have a question I've been thinking about and have been meaning to post in the last few days.

I think what you can do is send them healing love and light. That certainly can't hurt, and will help if they're the slightest bit open to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I have been wanting to post about this for a while now so you reminded me.

I began the online course excusemecourse.com - (comes from the book.) Anyway, I started it before Christmas as a gift to myself and still need to finish it. It's AWESOME.

There's a meditation in there that (let's see if I can remember and get this right) has you visualize a giant hourglass shape. The hourglass is filled with light and love. It goes all the way down through the earth and extends all the way out to infinity. Imagine yourself inside this hourglass floating in the light and basking in the love.

Now maintain your desire and feeeeeel the light and the love.

According to them, this visualization helps us manifest light and love to the entire universe!

It's very powerful for me. And of course, much better if you can listen to *them* say it and watch the visuals, hear the music etc.
I didn't know there was an online course, and I love the meditation! thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
I remember when a boy I was babysitting used to have tantrums. This went on for some time, and it was hard to deal with, especially when I also had his little sister and baby brother to take care of. But one day just he and I were out at a craft store that he loved, (he was about 7), and he was losing it in the store, and being loud and freaking out... I don't remember the details, but I took him outside and firmly wrapped my arms around him, gently refusing to let go. We just sat on the (not busy) sidewalk till he felt better. I stayed very calm, and just told him we'd wait till he felt ready to go. He expressed surprise at this, that I was in no hurry to go do anything else, that I would just sit there with him as long as needed. And I guess that was what he needed because he never threw another tantrum with me. It's funny to tell this story; he's in college, now.
You know, I really had in mind today Tara's wonderful quote from yesterday that
Quote:
*when children are acting out of control they are not looking for us to control them, they are looking for us to control ourselves*
. I really did that today, and the results were great, even though ds got out of control himself a few times! At lunchtime ds looked at me happily, and said, "Are you enjoying your day, Mom?" and I said yes, I was, and he said he was too!

Quote:
Jumping back a ways, Penny I think that is great that your dh decided to go with the work he loves! Sounds like a lot of his struggle was really within himself, coming to trust his desires.
You know, this isnt even work in the sense that he's paid for it (though it migth turn in to that at some point). I've just always felt that this is what he SHOULD be doing, because it's really where his heart and his passion is. I feel completely comfortable with this decision. Interestingly enough he's been spending money on home improvement stuff and I'm very comfortable with that too, becasue to me that's acting from abundance! I don't think he realizes that's why I'm on board with it all, though!

Quote:
I wanted to say that I have spent the last two days reading a lot, and thinking a lot, and discussing parenting wtih DH. Sparked by some of the responses here, so thank you.

kdmama. I think Linda's comments were directed at me, not you! See above! : I think LoA and parenting is a VERY fascinating subject. Getting into the LoA has changed my parenting a lot, and the cahnges are wonderful even though the road has been bumpy at times.

Interestingly enough ds tonight was "acting out" some of what took place yesterday, with his stuffed animals. He said he decided one of them should not be allowed to sleep with him tonight for various offences to one of his other "children" (NOT something I ever did, but I think an expression of fear of parental anger : - or perhaps he was taking control of the anger by expressing it himself). I told him I'd realized that if you're not sure how to deal with something, it's probably better to err on the side of kindness. Then he said, "Mom, I feel sad, because I don't feel I've been a very good parent to them for the last year or two." I said, "I know just how you feel, and it's a really sad feeling, isn't it?......but remember, tomorrow is a new day, and we always have a chance to make it wonderful and start building a better life." It kind of blew me away that he was processing it this way, and that I was able to tell him obliquely that things were changing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page