Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh right on, whoops... he's cool too
#483 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Just wondering if anyone has listened to the download of the John Assaraf interview from The Masters of the Secret yet?

I haven't had the chance to listen yet.
#484 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Just wondering if anyone has listened to the download of the John Assaraf interview from The Masters of the Secret yet?

I haven't had the chance to listen yet.
Yes. I was scratching my head wondering what it had to do with LoA. It seemed more like a sales seminar on what actions to take to be a success in business. Not my bag, but to each her own.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#485 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Cool post Crunchy!

I think it's important for us to realize that no matter how much we know, how much we do, we are still going to create contrast for ourselves.

I love that one Abraham-Hicks lecture on Hay House, where Jerry & Esther say they're going to go 30 days without getting in their own way. It lasts about 30 seconds and they start over.....and then they start over.....and then they have to start over again. So, even people who have been doing this work and knowing this for the past 20 years, are still creating contrast in their lives.

It's a cool journey to be on....that's for sure!
#486 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water: Childhood Trauma and Intuitive Ability
Did your volatile childhood leave you with an uncanny ability to key in to the angry and aggravated people around you? Are you so intuitively keyed in to potential arguments and disasters that you constantly walk on eggshells? People with a past history of trauma may suffer emotional and physical scars, but those with a crisis-filled childhood may develop an exaggerated gift for intuition.
This is what's coming up next on HayHouse (thanks to ya'll for the link to that) I can't wait to listen. That sounds just like me. I feel like I am struggling because I just keep picking up on negative vibrations. Maybe this program will help me see it a little different.
#487 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Yes. I was scratching my head wondering what it had to do with LoA. It seemed more like a sales seminar on what actions to take to be a success in business. Not my bag, but to each her own.
Thanks. He does seem more of a business guy, which is probably why I haven't been too quick to listen to it. Then again, I wasn't too quick to listen to Hale Dwoskin - but I thought he was someone else.

I think I'll just listen on the computer a bit and see how it grabs me, instead of burning it to a CD right away.
#488 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 PM

Thanks on the heads up on the attractor factor...I am totally cool with being responsible for everything I acctract and have been for years/....I am going to see if I can get it through interlibrary loan or otherwsie I'll just order it

Thanks!

Tanya
#489 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just a reminder that everyone is welcome at the Peace Activism message board ai makoto. http://www.aimakoto.org/phpBB2/ It has an LoA forum with a bunch of individual LoA threads already.

Pat

I have a blog.
#490 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Just dropping in and out becasue I wanted to share with you what I got this morning in Message From the Universe:

Everything, penny, is so-o-o awesome.

So fantastic.

Could not possibly be better.

Over the top, off the chain, and out of the park...

In your life, right now.

Trust me,
The Universe

I thought this was really cool! As was your entire post, Tara! :

Eli's Mom, to you.

I'm practicing LoA-type gratitude for ds's piano lesson this morning....there were some lovely moments in it......: OK, gotta go - we're clearing out the energy-clogging mess in his room this afternoon! I pointed out to him that this will probably manifest some $$$, like it did for me!

Speaking of which, I think I'll manifest my Holosync arriving in the mail today!
#491 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Sedona Method question:

What is your answer to 'When?'

I feel like I should always say 'Now.' Does anyone ever answer anything other than 'now'?
#492 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Sedona Method question:

What is your answer to 'When?'

I feel like I should always say 'Now.' Does anyone ever answer anything other than 'now'?
You're supposed to be honest, not supposed to say "now."

I give a heck of a lot of different answers than "now"!

Like, "when he shuts the h*** up," or "when I can go back in time and freakin slap them in the face, that's when!"

Yeah, so it's not nice, it's not pretty, but it's honest...
#493 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Thanks for the hugs, I'm doing better. Dp comes home today and it's almost the weekend! Hurray! I got 'Ask and It Is Given' and 'The Vibrational Universe- Spiritual Dimensions' in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to try and start reading those this weekend (if I get an opportunity). Maybe if I blog about why I'm grateful today, I'll be in a better mood
#494 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
Thanks for the hugs, I'm doing better. Dp comes home today and it's almost the weekend! Hurray! I got 'Ask and It Is Given' and 'The Vibrational Universe- Spiritual Dimensions' in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to try and start reading those this weekend (if I get an opportunity). Maybe if I blog about why I'm grateful today, I'll be in a better mood
Glad you are doing better. I actually had multi-quoted while reading and had a hug for you from your first post, but you posted you were better before I had a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
You know I was thinking about this last night, and thinking that despite coming so far, changing my life, healing myself and from my past, embracing happiness and LOA and everything that means -- there is still a tiny voice inside, and I don't hear it very often because I am moving further away from that feeling -- but a tiny voice that says "pfft, who do you think you are?" The tiny voice that creeps in less and less now (thankfully!) but is still there, challenging my worth....

...and what I am seeing more and more as I develop the tools to silence that voice and to replace it with the loving spirit of God (as I understand it) and of myself which says "NO...you ABSOLUTELY are worthy of EVERYTHING good" -- I find that I always, always attract people and situations which stand behind that voice and say "yup, spirit is right, you are worthy and we believe in you"...

...that is what Kate did for me yesterday, along with all the other angels in my life, all the other people who love me and who cheer me on and who I am so grateful to have in my life --- including you women in this thread.

I get teary-eyed just thinking of the love that pours from this thread -- even when we all may not agree on a particular aspect of LOA or whatever, even when some of us are gone for a few days livin' life, we are always welcomed back as if we didn't miss a beat, even the newer members are welcomed in like they have always been here -- even differences in age, and parenting style, and religion, and color, and marital status, and economic situation, and motherhood -- we are all sisters and I just love that feeling.

Man, I am buzzing hard, I used to talk this way when I was high

(I'm not high by the way, except on happiness lol)
CC, I have that same little voice, and I am working on it too. I really like what you said here about how to counteract it and really believe in yourself.

And I totally right on the part about all the love in this thread. I feel so lucky to have stumbled into this group of women. Everyone here is an awesome person and I think we all bring each other so much insight. It's wonderful :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Second, whenever someone learns how to work more skillfully with the law of attraction, they are helping others, even if they just manifested something purely material. Or rather, they are taking part in the gradual manifestation of collective wellbeing and joy. Because as they learn to align themselves with their desire, as they learn to be guided effectively by their emotions, as they learn to accept and diminish resistance, as they learn to appreciate the journey, as they learn to do all those things, they increase their potential for helping others. One day when they're ready, they'll be so abundant (in every way) and skillful with the law of attraction that they'll be able to help people who are ready to be helped--through inspired action. And it will be joyful.
I really like this!

I have been working on manifesting a healthy strong body, so have been walking while listening to music every lunch hour. It has been feeling great! And yesterday I decided to walk a different way on a whim. I walked past a really cute store and thought, hmmm, cute stuff! Then I saw a little sign in the door that said "Today is the day you come inside" and I thought, well, that speaks to me. I went inside and they had the.cutest.clothes! And the prices were very reasonable, for new cute clothes. Everything in there was stuff I would wear. I just reveled in the idea of wearing cute stuff (feeling good about the way I look is something I am working on as well ) and spending some money on myself and feeling funky. It was a fun visualization, and since we are having a HUGE yard sale in a few weeks, I am already visualizing our yard sale as a big success that allows us to treat ourselves to some fun stuff. Can't wait!

#495 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
For multi-quote, my button doesn't say "MQ". It has a picture of a piece of paper with quotes on it (looks like eyes to me). It's the middle button on the bottom right of each post. Maybe it depends on what MDC format you have.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
I cheated I copy and pasted the post with inner quote then highlighted the inner quote and used the quote feature on post toolbar then highlighted the main quote and used that same quote tool. I was being tricky
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post

Like, "when he shuts the h*** up," or "when I can go back in time and freakin slap them in the face, that's when!"

That is sooo funny!
Okay I've figured out multi-quote ! Go me!!! Okay my manifesting of the Ben&Jerry's Peach Cobbler yumness didn't happen, none at my store (and the Karmel Sutra was out too) And now every time I read "Jerry and Esther" it registers in my brain as Ben & Jerry's!!!!

And to share my happy moments of the week (posted in the money/abundance thread too) we got a "refund" check from our electric co. $11.48 from the sale of a power plant. And my DD won a gift card from Dick's Sporting Goods for $20...at a faculty vs. student basketball game, she bought a raffle ticket for $1, then she thought " yeah I'll buy another one too" The second ticket # WON!!! How convenient as she needed new sneakers for track, she was able to add up to the "better" shoes she wanted beyond what we were willing to spend.

And since I'm technically challenged:
Thank you internet provider for making a free music link, with an 80's station. (I used to be told I looked like Debbie Gibson, on now)

Please send healthy thoughts to my house, as I was up at 5am with a yucking toddler. (I"ll spare you the throw up smile, as it makes me, well throw up!)
#496 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Hmmm... we must be using it to release very different things. Mine are mostly anxiety based and I do want to release it now. I've tried to think of another answer, but nothing really makes sense - next week? next month? It seems like now is the best time, in my situation.
#497 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... we must be using it to release very different things. Mine are mostly anxiety based and I do want to release it now. I've tried to think of another answer, but nothing really makes sense - next week? next month? It seems like now is the best time, in my situation.
Well, in an anxiety type of situation, I don't think it's about when you would if you could, it's about what would really have to happen to make you feel comfortable letting go of that protective fear.

For example, let's say I'm anxious about my car being broken into. So, my "when" might be, "when I know for sure no one can break into my car!"

Now is when I WANT to, but not necessarily when I feel I WOULD. I might WANT to let go of the fear right now, but I just don't feel safe. So it would be, "when I feel safe." Or perhaps, "when I'm back in my neighborhood where I know no one will steal from me." That type of thing.

Because a lot of the time, when I WANT to release something isn't when I'd feel safe doing so.

Like, when I WANT to release my unforgiveness is NOW. When would I feel like actually doing it, though? That's the essence of the question, I believe.

I have the Sedona Method book, I'll look into it for us both.
#498 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well, in an anxiety type of situation, I don't think it's about when you would if you could, it's about what would really have to happen to make you feel comfortable letting go of that protective fear.

For example, let's say I'm anxious about my car being broken into. So, my "when" might be, "when I know for sure no one can break into my car!"

Now is when I WANT to, but not necessarily when I feel I WOULD. I might WANT to let go of the fear right now, but I just don't feel safe. So it would be, "when I feel safe." Or perhaps, "when I'm back in my neighborhood where I know no one will steal from me." That type of thing.

Because a lot of the time, when I WANT to release something isn't when I'd feel safe doing so.

Like, when I WANT to release my unforgiveness is NOW. When would I feel like actually doing it, though? That's the essence of the question, I believe.

I have the Sedona Method book, I'll look into it for us both.
Oh, that makes so much more sense. I knew I was saying when I wanted it to happen, but couldn't figure out the alternative. Your examples really helped, though.

I have had a bit of success just saying "now" - I think because some of it is just irrational fear, and I know it.

It all goes back to that phone call thing. I have to make an uncomfortable phone call today, and I keep avoiding it. There's no reason to fear it, I just have anxiety about such things when I don't know exactly how it's going to go. So I don't have time for it to be anything other than "now" because I need to make that call very soon!

I was thinking of ordering the 'free' ($6.95 s/h) DVD and CD. I imagine it's a big commercial, but it might be worth it to actually see it being used.
#499 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Everyone!

My mom's here for a visit for a few days so I"ll be scarce-(er) but wanted to pop in and say hi.

I was having withdrawals.
#500 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Hi!

I'd like to have your input on two things:

First, I've realize that, lately, each time I've ask for a break I got sick : Today, it's a mastitis

I'm doing affirmations about health almost daily, I told (and beleive) myself that I love myself and deserves the best all the time but it looks like, up until now, I haven't been able to allow myself a break without a cause... :

Anyone else in the same situation? Any input about this? (I'm puting "You can heal yourself" on my "must get" list - would be even better if I could get a French translation of it : )

Second, my little toddler (20mo) is very sensitive to others emotions... to the point of crying and sobbing when she sees sad caracters in books or movies... or becoming very angry and agitated if there is tension in the air (like an angry customer at the store). Is there a shielding method I could use on her or teach her to use? I know her empathy is a gift but it's to a point where she's overwhelmed by all the emotions... Right now, all I've done is welcoming her and her emotions, putting words on it when I can, removing her from the distubing source and work on centering myself so she can get to her safe peaceful place also.

Valérie   
#501 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:31 PM

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to the 'when' question. It's always now for me because I always want to release it now! But when I was going through this with my mother on the subject of her quitting smoking, she kept answering 'tomorrow'. She found the whole thing scary, and didn't feel comfortable letting go of the need for cigarettes right now. Basically, say whatever feels right for you!

Also, this is supposed to be a heart process and not a head process. So you really don't need to think about it too much, from what I can tell. The answers themselves really don't matter.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#502 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:35 PM

The quote from the book on the 'when' question: "This is an invitation to just let it go NOW. You may find yourself easily letting go now. Remember that letting go is a decision you can make any time you choose."

Melanie
#503 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to the 'when' question. It's always now for me because I always want to release it now! But when I was going through this with my mother on the subject of her quitting smoking, she kept answering 'tomorrow'. She found the whole thing scary, and didn't feel comfortable letting go of the need for cigarettes right now. Basically, say whatever feels right for you!

Also, this is supposed to be a heart process and not a head process. So you really don't need to think about it too much, from what I can tell. The answers themselves really don't matter.
It sounds like we have the same thinking process as far as that goes.

I thought the same thing - that the answers don't really matter, since he said you could say 'no' to the first question and still feel some release.

I was actually OK with saying 'now' but wondered what other things people might say and under what circumstances. The quitting smoking example makes sense.

Thanks for your input!
#504 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The quote from the book on the 'when' question: "This is an invitation to just let it go NOW. You may find yourself easily letting go now. Remember that letting go is a decision you can make any time you choose."
Thanks. I thought he didn't give any explanation on the "when" question on the Bill Harris interview. But that does sound a little familiar, so maybe he did. Maybe that's why I felt OK answering 'now'.
#505 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:48 PM

hi everybody!
: : :
The drums are for ds who is on my lap and i thought if i put them in i might get to type for a few minutes... he was up till after 10 last night and seems to be giving up nap: plus he's been having plenty of meltdowns..

ok, stop complaining. breathe.

I suppose I am manifesting this (though he just ran off to the other room and is reading himself a book) out of my fears around reading astrology charts for all the lovely women on this thread who have requested them... OK, I own it, but how do I change it? I need some time with my head clear when I can focus and organize my thoughts... Because the slower I am about doing the charts, the more I feel like I can't post anything here, like I shouldn't even be trying to keep up, I should be off working on what I said I would do....

Positive. I love astrology, and I love telling people about their charts. True. I am figuring out ways to do it at a distance. I am developing my own style and methods of communicating the information in the chart.

I am so happy and grateful now that I regularly have quiet, focused time to work on astrology. I am so happy and grateful that I get inspiration even while in the midst of busy day-to-day-ness, and I manage to jot down notes and use it in my readings. I am so happy and grateful now that I am feeling confident and competent and articulate and sometimes even wise.

Oh, and I listened to the latest masters of the secret thingie... it was the guy who manifested the huge (and imho ugly ) house in the movie. They did talk mostly about business, which is obviously their passion. I listened for awhile, and may go back to it at some point, just to see if it helps me with my developing prosperity consciousness. Like learning not to go ewwwww, he made millions in real estate! for starters.
#506 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
You are in the perfect place right now! The right course of action will open up to you and be easy-peasy. No need to move forward at all! Just watch it magically unfold. (I am sitting here laughing thinking of the post you're going to make in a couple days about how this all worked out perfectly! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Linda, maybe taking one day at a time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
It sounds like you do know what you desire...the house to be occupied by people who love it and for you to receive financial gain from it. The HOW is the job of the UNIVERSE....so let it go so the people who want to live and enjoy your beautiful home can come get it!
You guys are all saying pretty much the same thing, but I don't get it! I stopped by our homeowners association to see if they recommend a realtor (some one who lives here or does a lot of bussiness here) and they gave me some numbers. Then I came home and got really freaked out. So I called my DH and gave him the numbers. I've decided not to think about it anymore for 48 hours.

Everything is just happening so fast that it is a little overwhelming and I am having problems maintaining my center. We just signed papers on the place we are moving to last Saturday. Sunday we traveled back here. Monday and Tuesday I got quotes from movers. Yesterday we selected movers and they confirmed dates available. We are packing next Monday and loading on Tuesday. We are manifesting our things arriving next Friday or Saturday, and my DH starts his new job the following Monday. Exactly what we are doing between when we and our PETS arrive in Fl and our stuff shows up is a fuzzy area. My Dh is out of town right now, my girls and I are having dinner with my parents tonight and have a playdate/lunch with good friends tomarrow.

I am happy and excited and a little sad and amazed at our future all at the same time. I've been decluttering between other things but right now it looks like a bomb went off in my house.

Actually, typing all that up helped and I feel a bit calmer now. :

I've decided that I'm not going to be freaked out anymore. I'm going to go back to being a serene yoga goddess :

Quote:
"I am so happy and grateful that the right situation has presented itself so that people can enjoy the house."

To be honest, it sounds to me like you have absolute, unwavering faith that you want the house occupied and producing money for you.

Rather than having complete and total faith that the house IS occupied and producing money for you.

Make sense? (I hope so, sorry if it was too circuitous).
totally makes sense, and I'm copying the affirmation to a little card and hanging it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
I got 'Ask and It Is Given' and 'The Vibrational Universe- Spiritual Dimensions' in the mail yesterday, so I'm going to try and start reading those this weekend (if I get an opportunity). Maybe if I blog about why I'm grateful today, I'll be in a better mood
There are 2 sections to Ask and It is Given. The second section has exercises to help you really do this stuff. You can start the exercises before reading the first part of the book!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#507 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM

small question.... how do I get my name to turn pink? I bought the membership, and I know I have to switch it somewhere, but I can't figure out where
#508 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
How about this, "I am so happy and grateful that my body is 82% lean mass, and looks so fantastic!"

I feel and look great at 18% bodyfat, so that's where I like to be.

When I used to set bodybuilding goals, I would set my goal to be 18% bodyfat, then I would envision admiring myself in the mirror. It might sound vain, but it really worked for me.
I don't think it's vain, it's just keeping in kind with the LOA, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
I've been using something like "my body is healthy, strong, and fit. I eat healthy foods when my body is hungry."

My action in this area has been to change my workouts to include longer or more intense cardio. While I'm working out, I have started to listen to podcasts from Hay House, and I'm actually working out more intensly than I was with my music! I think it's helping to have my mind in the right, positive place while I work out, if that makes sense.

In my heart I believe I will be back in my size 6 jeans (at 5'1, that's a healthy weight for me) and I'm just waiting for the universe to make it so.
I'm good with being positive in yoga, but not walking. Hmmm....maybe I need more yoga and less walking. Come to think of it, since I started yoga again, my body aches have gone away and my back isn't hurting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post

These are my first thoughts on reading this so I apologize if I'm on the wrong track. Is it possible you are still in that same place where you are *not* fat but think you are? Or if you are overweight, is it possible it's a reasonable amount for a mom of a small baby (and 6 children) and that you *are* healthy but that you still want to be "too skinny"? How about concentrating on how you feel instead of how much you weigh. Before you got on that scale and found the weight gain, did you feel healthy? How did you feel about your body just before you stepped on that scale? That's what I'd try and concentrate on. Or even better, how do you feel when you are doing that sweaty, hot yoga? Keep *that* in mind.
Oh, I wish. Nope, no longer the case. I'm not huge, but I'm certainly not at a healthy weight.
I do feel great when I'm doing yoga. I don't feel healthy the rest of the time, and I just decided last night ALL sugar and white food is gone from the house. My diet is good, but used to be great and needs to be great again. Last pregnancy I had very high sugar, so I know I'm prone to that. I think the universe is telling me to straighten up in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

First, could you start by going and buying yourself some new clothes that fit you that are NOT maternity clothes? Some attractive clothes in the size you currently are. You don't need a lot (because you are NOT going to stay this size!) but some stuff to make getting up and getting dressed a happy experience. I think there is a lot in being happy right now, and it sounds like wearing regular clothes would help with that for you.

Next, Louise Hay in Heal Your Body says that being overweight is often caused by fear, and that weight makes us feel safe. If that rings true for you, then it gives you a direction to explore. If not, you could explore for other inner reasons. For me, exploring the reasons why I was more comfortable carrying around 70 extra pounds than releasing it was key to being able to release it. (I've released 20 extra pounds so far!)

I've been listening to a meditation CD on weight loss that is really helping. It has messages about loving and accepting my body, as well as brain washing messages and that program me to make healthy food choices. It has been super helpful to me -- I'm not concerned about my weight anymore because I know that my body is heading in the right direction. I bought it for like $12 at a bookstore and listen to it while I fall asleep at night. Different things work for different people.

Also, in manifesting love for your body, would it work for you to start by being grateful for the things that work right and the things you already like? For example, could you be grateful that you can see, hear, walk, etc., and make a list of things things you like about the way you look -- do you have beautiful sparkling eyes? Really great hair? A smile that melts your DH's heart? We've all got things we think are beautiful, focus on yours! :

So often we we think of trying to be happy with our bodies, we focus on our tummies, thighs, and butts. There are so many OTHER things about your body!!!! Start with loving the other things, the easy things, first. The love for all of your body will flow out of that in the perfect time.
Buying new clothes seems very scary to me. I will have to work toward that, I think.
The ideas about how to love my body are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

Jen, forget being happy about the clothes(!), but could you manifest appreciation for your body for all it's done in the last few years - growing and nourishing all those babies? It's really miraculous when you think about it! What's your pattern with nursing? I know some lose weight while nursing while others hang on to it till they're done.
Yes, I have grown several wonderful, beautiful babies, haven't I?
I have been nursing every day of my life for 9 1/2 years now. Most of that has been tandem. I'm tandem nursing right now. I don't know what life or my body without that would look like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Barefoot mama, I agree with the other posters, buy yourself some non-maternity clothes that fit well and you like. Just a few, you will not be wearing them long. But get ones you love. Do a golden mirror meditation and picture yourself in a folden framed mirror, and imagine what you look like, the way you want yourself to look. Got this from the book "Simple Abundance." Can't remember the author. Kind of LoA.
Oh, and for you, does nursing more cause you to lose more weight? Or the other way around? I ask only because I've noticed if ds nurses less, I start to gain weight.
I don't know Seems like I nurse constantly.

Alright, I will manifest myself some beautiful non-maternity clothes.
#509 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 05:03 PM

So last night I wrote to somebody else,

"What is your ultimate desire here? Don't worry about the how, who, when, or what-is. That will resolve itself. What do you want to feel?"

And I realized, damn, I need to ask myself that question in the areas where I'm blocked!

Although on one subject it just led me to stuff I'm waiting to bring to therapy With the other it led me to some affirmations I can do.

Another thing I'm understanding is: Whenever there's resistance, there's a desire behind it. So if I'm all resistant in one way or another, sometimes the best thing is to say "Hm, what desire is involved here?" Sometimes I already know the desire generally, but it helps to understand it more exactly and specifically, I can focus on it more purely. Other times I really didn't know that much about the desire. And if the resistance is strong, sometimes it tells me I had a stronger desire than I thought I did!

Bleh, my period started (yay that means pms was mild! I thought it might just be early pms) and DH is all negative & wants to go do something anxiety-provoking today. He's right technically, but boy is this not happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
"NO...you ABSOLUTELY are worthy of EVERYTHING good"
CC, what a beautiful post

I quoted this part cause it reminded me of something I've been wanting to mention. I get nervous whenever somebody says "Do you feel like you deserve what you want?" or "You deserve it" (if I begin to internalize it at all). Because in my perception, it's not about deserving at all! Do we need to deserve good food, sunshine, happiness, a good place to live, good relationships with others? No, these are good things that everyone should be able to have. It just seems that basic to me. Yucky people can just go have those things far away from me If I start thinking "I deserve this" it's scary, what if tomorrow I screw something up, I'll have to check if I still deserve it, the idea that I deserve something now is nice and all, but it brings up the possibility that I might someday not deserve something so basic. Plus it reminds me of dove writing on their chocolate wrappings "You deserve it!" and my slightly odd driving instructor from college saying "At the end of a day, I deserve a drink!" and it's just like... it's not about deserving!!! We don't have to deserve anything! Just eat the chocolate!

I can totally understand that for some people it works better to focus on deserving in this way, though. Just wanted to mention that, first cause I like babbling, second in case anyone clicks with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
And now every time I read "Jerry and Esther" it registers in my brain as Ben & Jerry's!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'm doing affirmations about health almost daily, I told (and beleive) myself that I love myself and deserves the best all the time but it looks like, up until now, I haven't been able to allow myself a break without a cause... :
Maybe you are just out of practice! How would you give yourself a break? What would that look like, and feel like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I've decided that I'm not going to be freaked out anymore. I'm going to go back to being a serene yoga goddess :
There's no need to do anything unless it's through inspired action! If you can get towards the same vibration as your desire, and act from there, that's great. If not, maybe now is not the right time yet. You are already moving amazingly fast, perhaps this is just a little faster than you desire to move?
#510 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:

There are 2 sections to Ask and It is Given. The second section has exercises to help you really do this stuff. You can start the exercises before reading the first part of the book!
I didn't realize that! What a good idea! I actually started reading the 'LOA- Basic Teachings of Abraham' but got very creeped out about a month or so ago. I posted about it and was told to try 'Ask and it is Given'. What I'm really hoping is that I'll enjoy this book thoroughly, and once I'm through, but more open minded to the original. The part that got me was the channeling...I'm not sure why, but it gives me the heebie jeebies!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page