LoA March 11-17 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Oh yes Terri, thank you so much by the way -- I drafted a response that my toddler helped me delete then I never got back to you, I'm sorry :

I did submit 4 articles to where you suggested, fluff pieces really that I don't care about getting much money for - still waiting on response from them -

Thanks again!

The weekend of the 30th dh has a gig on Saturday (I believe that is the 30th right?) No just checked it is the 31st but he is off on Sunday and Monday so we may go down early sunday and stay overnight in Tampa at my sis and bil's (gotta love free lodging )

I have to talk to dh about it -- he is all for going, we just have to *lock down* the date

Oh and we may bring our guitar so we can play you guys a sample of the LOA inspired children's album
I would LOVE to hear you play!
#542 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
OK, I think this works for me. DH has soccer on that Sunday at 4pm. I may come alone with DS Sat and Sat night and then go back Sunday or maybe even Monday evening (only if DH wants to stay home). It may be nice to have a weekend with DS out of town and leave DH to enjoy a bachelor day or two. I'd have to get a hotel so if any of you are going to get one let me know which one so I can be there too. I'm doing taxes tomorrow so I could use my return to get the hotel and have a nice weekend away with DS.

Let's keep brainstorming it and stay in touch via this thread or pm ok!

PS - Devon sorry I never returned your PM. I'm been in a world of my own lately. :

Tara
yippee!
It would be great if we could all be at the same hotel!
#543 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhao View Post
Hi all,

I'm late to the party, yet here I am!!

I am about to change my siggy...what it said was that "I am happy and grateful my book is published." Well, guess what happened? My book was accepted for publication. It also said something like "money flows easily to me" and I got 2 potential clients.

For this week, I am manifesting:

I am happy and grateful to write a fabulous conclusion for a book review. Woo-hoo!

I am happy and grateful to receive new marketing clients.

I am happy, healthy and safe.

My business is bringing in 2K per month.

Happy manifesting everyone!
hh
Congratulations! I would love to know what kind of book!
#544 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Is there a shielding method I could use on her or teach her to use? I know her empathy is a gift but it's to a point where she's overwhelmed by all the emotions... Right now, all I've done is welcoming her and her emotions, putting words on it when I can, removing her from the distubing source and work on centering myself so she can get to her safe peaceful place also.
I LOVE how you described this process! It feels so empowered and validating! I have always said 'it will be ok'; I prefer that to 'you are safe' which seems to reassure about something that may not feel "unsafe". "We are together" may help give her comfort and security. I have a tough time saying "all is well" or "you are ok" to an upset child, it feels dismissive in the moment. I often say 'I will help, or I can help, or how can I help', or "we can work it out". Mostly, "we can work it out".

Hope that helps.

Pat

I have a blog.
#545 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I have it, and I use it regularly. The problem with it, I think, is the whole problem that people have in general with, "if it's in your life, you DID ABSOLUTELY attract it."

This really seems to piss people off to the point of looking like my favorite little "upset" smilie guy:
I agree- that's why so many people have a problem with The Secret/LOA in general. They can't/don't want to admit that their choices and thoughts have led to certain events happening in their lives.

And I love that little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
So last night I wrote to somebody else,

"What is your ultimate desire here? Don't worry about the how, who, when, or what-is. That will resolve itself. What do you want to feel?"

And I realized, damn, I need to ask myself that question in the areas where I'm blocked!
Isn't it crazy how that works?! I'm constantly asking people to ask themselves a question, and then realize about 10 seconds later that I'm asking them because I need to ask myself, I just hadn't realized I needed to!

I always find myself giving other people advice and realize as I'm writing it that all I'm doing is giving myself advice through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
The part that got me was the channeling...I'm not sure why, but it gives me the heebie jeebies!!!!!!
It does me, too. I am interested in reading Ask and it is Given, I just can't get past how uncomfortable it makes me. I'll probably read it, skim the parts that make me uncomfortable, and just focus on the message and not where the message is coming from.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#546 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
I've tried to think about what I wanted to manifest this week. Manifesting smaller things is very easy for me...a simple thought will produce results shortly...

It's the bigger, deeper things I stumble over.

Hubby will be employed by the end of this week, in a great job, with great pay, less than an hour's drive from this house.

I will have organized my website and forum enough to advertise and start giving classes.

Today I have a definite vision of the house and land we're buying.
Hubby will be back to work tomorrow...at a company he worked at last year that really, really appreciated him. (this is an important point for him)
The thing about this is. Spirit/God told me he'd be back to work within two weeks. I didn't even file unemployment because I knew it'd be useless, etc. So, while I "manifested"...I was also "told"...in Spirit... So, this is kind of a "mixed" happening.

And, I spoke to someone online the other day about possibly creating my logo for my website. I'm soooooooo excited about this personal movement!

As far as the house...umm....hubby and I are still trying to sort out what "we" are aiming for...
#547 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
I didn't realize that! What a good idea! I actually started reading the 'LOA- Basic Teachings of Abraham' but got very creeped out about a month or so ago. I posted about it and was told to try 'Ask and it is Given'. What I'm really hoping is that I'll enjoy this book thoroughly, and once I'm through, but more open minded to the original. The part that got me was the channeling...I'm not sure why, but it gives me the heebie jeebies!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
It does me, too. I am interested in reading Ask and it is Given, I just can't get past how uncomfortable it makes me. I'll probably read it, skim the parts that make me uncomfortable, and just focus on the message and not where the message is coming from.
Stuff like that used to creep me out, too. I have a different perspective on it now, though. Having experienced things surrounding my daughter's death which are not the same, but similar, I was able to understand it a bit more than I did. The thing that helps me is that whenever I have an experience (I don't channel, but have other things happen often), the feeling of overwhelming LOVE is so great, that I can't doubt that it is wonderful and perfect.

I don't know if that's helpful, and it may be no clearer than mud. It sounded better in my head.
#548 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
So, while I "manifested"...I was also "told"...in Spirit... So, this is kind of a "mixed" happening.
I don't think these two things are different. For me it's the same. *I* manifest it by doing what I need to do, but Spirit provides (and sometimes lets me know!)
#549 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Hubby will be back to work tomorrow...at a company he worked at last year that really, really appreciated him. (this is an important point for him)
The thing about this is. Spirit/God told me he'd be back to work within two weeks. I didn't even file unemployment because I knew it'd be useless, etc. So, while I "manifested"...I was also "told"...in Spirit... So, this is kind of a "mixed" happening.

And, I spoke to someone online the other day about possibly creating my logo for my website. I'm soooooooo excited about this personal movement!

As far as the house...umm....hubby and I are still trying to sort out what "we" are aiming for...
This is wonderful! And I totally understand what you mean about the mixed piece. I think about that often myself. I think it has something to do with being in perfect alignment with Spirit and letting it flow........I dunno. I think I should stop posting for tonight. I should be studying anyway
#550 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Second, my little toddler (20mo) is very sensitive to others emotions... to the point of crying and sobbing when she sees sad caracters in books or movies... or becoming very angry and agitated if there is tension in the air (like an angry customer at the store). Is there a shielding method I could use on her or teach her to use? I know her empathy is a gift but it's to a point where she's overwhelmed by all the emotions... Right now, all I've done is welcoming her and her emotions, putting words on it when I can, removing her from the distubing source and work on centering myself so she can get to her safe peaceful place also.
I'm not sure you can teach a 20 month old to ground or shield, but I haven't had a little one in a long time, so what do I know? Have you read The Highly Sensitive Person? I think holding her and then grounding yourself might help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
small question.... how do I get my name to turn pink? I bought the membership, and I know I have to switch it somewhere, but I can't figure out where
user CP - group memberships - show me a member of this group

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Here's an affirmation I used last month when I undoubtedly felt the effects of PMS, "I celebrate my cycles!" And YES! It worked right away! I had about 10 minutes of PMS and that was it. Whhoooopppeeee!

oh thanks! I like that one.

not much happening here, I got af and can't figure out why I'm fine with that
#551 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

I've decided that I'm not going to be freaked out anymore. I'm going to go back to being a serene yoga goddess :

What if you consider next week (the fuzzy part) a formal vacation, where you all just put all the "stuff" at home(s) on hold? And Just Have Fun! Then after your "vacation", you get back to deciding what to do about renting/selling the house?

Pat

I have a blog.
#552 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
I have been meaning to say that all these changes sound so exciting. I know everything is going to work out perfectly and be exactly what you and your family need. And that IS a great moving package!
: Thank you for saying that! It is so sweet, and I know that it is true but I have moments when it is hard to hold on to.

However, I manifested 3/4 of a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream that I HAVE to drink before the move (because it can't be moved!) so I'm feeling much better about everything right now.

Can you believe it? I tell the universe I want to be relaxed and mellow and serene, and then go clean out the fridge in the garage where we keep extra drinks (most of which can be moved because they aren't opened) and I find a bottle of Baileys (that I had forgotten about) that has been opened and therefore HAS to be drunk!

I think the universe loves me! :

Speaking of which, does any body else think Mike Dooley is cute in a nerdy kind of way? It is those darn notes from the universe. After watching the clips of him, I hear the notes from the universe in his voice, and they have my name in them, and they are just always so sweet, that .....

well, you know. I'm starting to think he is cute!

Quote:
I agree with everyone, taking just a little bit of time to pamper yourself and pick out a nice item of clothing or two will make you feel so great! Sometimes even just looking will do it! Have fun
I agree that pampering yourself is a good idea. Paint your nails, or get a cute new hair cute. If you wear make up, try a new lipstick or blush. Treat yourself like the special, wonderful, lovable woman that you are and gradually you will start to really feel it.

Quote:
Isn't it crazy how that works?! I'm constantly asking people to ask themselves a question, and then realize about 10 seconds later that I'm asking them because I need to ask myself, I just hadn't realized I needed to!

I always find myself giving other people advice and realize as I'm writing it that all I'm doing is giving myself advice through them.
Oh yes!

Quote:
My copy is out on loan or I would just look up which page you should start on! There is sooooo much good stuff in the book. Skip the parts that are freaky to you, and just go to the good stuff. It is by far my very favorite book on loa.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#553 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Just eat the chocolate!

"When?"

Now!

Pat

I have a blog.
#554 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Would it help to approach it as if the channeling allows Esther to access wisdom in herself that she couldn't otherwise access?
#555 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
What if you consider next week (the fuzzy part) a formal vacation, where you all just put all the "stuff" at home(s) on hold? And Just Have Fun! Then after your "vacation", you get back to deciding what to do about renting/selling the house?

Pat
yeah, but we will have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and some fish with us.

I cannot believe that we are attempting to move fish 1300 miles. But DDs cried when DH suggested finding them a new home, so they are moving in ice chests with their filters etc plugged into a converter plugged into the van. It is all crazy. : Oh, and, not all the fish get along so there will be 2 ice chest (We aren't trying to keep them cold, just to keep the water contained and not all over the van.)

I need to manifest being really relaxed about all the pets and the journey.: : : :

Did you know that there isn't a fish icon?

off to drink more Baileys

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#556 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Valérie.Qc
One simple grounding technique is drinking water...maybe carry a water bottle around for if she may need it (or have one on hand at home). Also, (this one I've never actually tried on a child, it came to mind though) maybe buy some babywipes or make sure to have a wet cloth on hand to wash her hands/wrists to "break the energy connection". This is recommended when a reader is reading to break the connections when the reading is done. So, maybe doing that for her/on her/teach her could help.

Annikate
<I don't think these two things are different. For me it's the same. *I* manifest it by doing what I need to do, but Spirit provides (and sometimes lets me know!) >

I'll claim it as both....hehe

barefoot mama
<This is wonderful! And I totally understand what you mean about the mixed piece. I think about that often myself. I think it has something to do with being in perfect alignment with Spirit and letting it flow........I dunno. I think I should stop posting for tonight. I should be studying anyway>

I agree that it has something to do with being in alignment with Spirit. The closer I get to Spirit...the more aware I am and the more "information" I get about my life...and movements within it... It is a specific feeling. I'm glad to see someone else gets it and understands.
#557 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

Dh, dds and I are going to Clearwater to meet Kate the weekend of the 30th. Wanna come too?
Would love to come, we are going to a house party that day with....

Amy Steinberg as the guest performer!!
http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

Pat

I have a blog.
#558 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
:

:

That is sooo funny!
Okay I've figured out multi-quote ! Go me!!! Okay my manifesting of the Ben&Jerry's Peach Cobbler yumness didn't happen, none at my store (and the Karmel Sutra was out too) And now every time I read "Jerry and Esther" it registers in my brain as Ben & Jerry's!!!!

And to share my happy moments of the week (posted in the money/abundance thread too) we got a "refund" check from our electric co. $11.48 from the sale of a power plant. And my DD won a gift card from Dick's Sporting Goods for $20...at a faculty vs. student basketball game, she bought a raffle ticket for $1, then she thought " yeah I'll buy another one too" The second ticket # WON!!! How convenient as she needed new sneakers for track, she was able to add up to the "better" shoes she wanted beyond what we were willing to spend.

And since I'm technically challenged:
Thank you internet provider for making a free music link, with an 80's station. (I used to be told I looked like Debbie Gibson, on now)

Please send healthy thoughts to my house, as I was up at 5am with a yucking toddler. (I"ll spare you the throw up smile, as it makes me, well throw up!)
We got one of those checks too. Great to have surprise money in the mail!

Try the Weggies on W Ridge, they had a bunch of Karmel Sutra just a few days ago. And I can't belive I was there today, and totally spaced to get some

Guess I'll have more shopping to do!
#559 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:

That's because everyone and everything is a mirror to something you're offering up. Cool, huh?

Quote:
Congrats on the great news! I see spirit as being an extension of self, so it's all good. Kind of a little chicken and egg too, right? Did it manifest because you were sure because spirit told you or did spirit tell you something that was a sure thing? (Who commented earlier about circular thinking? )

Quote:
However, I manifested 3/4 of a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream that I HAVE to drink before the move (because it can't be moved!) so I'm feeling much better about everything right now.

Can you believe it? I tell the universe I want to be relaxed and mellow and serene, and then go clean out the fridge in the garage where we keep extra drinks (most of which can be moved because they aren't opened) and I find a bottle of Baileys (that I had forgotten about) that has been opened and therefore HAS to be drunk!

I think the universe loves me! :

Speaking of which, does any body else think Mike Dooley is cute in a nerdy kind of way? It is those darn notes from the universe. After watching the clips of him, I hear the notes from the universe in his voice, and they have my name in them, and they are just always so sweet, that .....

well, you know. I'm starting to think he is cute!
Oh my word! This just totally cracked me up! How about changing that user name to Linda on the Sauce?

Quote:
off to drink more Baileys

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#560 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhao View Post
Hi all,

I'm late to the party, yet here I am!!
Welcome!
#561 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

ValerieQc

I have been told by many people that do energy/healing work, that mom's can help their little ones shield and can ask for white light or a bubble to be placed around them.

You can ask her if it's okay to do so and then see if it makes a difference.

Doing things like that with my own kids, I always ask their permission first. I used to do it when they were going off with their dad (my ex). I'd say something like, 'can I put a white light of protection around you today?' or 'can I ask some extra angels to be with you today?'
#562 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Welcome henhao!

Valerie... It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job of honouring your daughter's needs! I also really appreciate you asking the question here so that I could also benefit from the answers! My 22 month old is very sensitive as well, so this is all quite helpful for us, too.

I am soooo excited for all of you arranging your Florida get-together! I was going to type 'jealous' there at first, but you know, I'm not really jealous... just totally psyched and happy for you all! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#563 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Funny story today.

My time is occupied writing a paper for school...so the kids are left to their own devices a bit more than I'd like. After I had to break for about the 4th time to break up a squabble....I was annoyed that they were fighting so much and feeling guilty that I was so busy.

I sat both boys down on the couch and could feel I was angry. But for some reason I remembered that smiling exercise in the Hicks/Abraham workbook. So, I just sat there facing them with a ridiculously forced smile on my face.

The boys sat there looking at me ratherly strangely, then finally said, "why are you smiling?"

I said, "I'm feeling a bit frustrated and angry right now, but I know that if I smile like this for a minute or so, I'll feel better."

Then they started to laugh and so did I. I played with them and gave them some attention for awhile and then went back to my work.

All is well.
#564 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Perhaps Koala and I could arrange a conference call to all of you gathering in Florida, since her & I are not in the vicinity!
#565 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Funny story today.

My time is occupied writing a paper for school...so the kids are left to their own devices a bit more than I'd like. After I had to break for about the 4th time to break up a squabble....I was annoyed that they were fighting so much and feeling guilty that I was so busy.

I sat both boys down on the couch and could feel I was angry. But for some reason I remembered that smiling exercise in the Hicks/Abraham workbook. So, I just sat there facing them with a ridiculously forced smile on my face.

The boys sat there looking at me ratherly strangely, then finally said, "why are you smiling?"

I said, "I'm feeling a bit frustrated and angry right now, but I know that if I smile like this for a minute or so, I'll feel better."

Then they started to laugh and so did I. I played with them and gave them some attention for awhile and then went back to my work.

All is well.
That is just *so* awesome! Love it! (And I hope your paper goes quickly and easily and is a joyful experience!)

Quote:
Perhaps Koala and I could arrange a conference call to all of you gathering in Florida, since her & I are not in the vicinity!
That would totally rock! Hey - maybe we should make them all cart around video cameras and post the footage for us so we can feel like we were there.

Melanie
#566 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Hey - maybe we should make them all cart around video cameras and post the footage for us so we can feel like we were there.
Time to step into the new millenium Koala....I'm sure they all have cell phones with cameras.....so they can just regularly download pics and video clips!!!!!
#567 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
You need to step into the new millenium Koala....I'm sure they all have cell phones with cameras.....so they can just regularly download pics and video clips!!!!!
Right on! I really can't keep up with the technology. (Seriously, I can't imagine the cool stuff my kids will have as adults!!)

Melanie
#568 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
That is just *so* awesome! Love it! (And I hope your paper goes quickly and easily and is a joyful experience!)
MUST......STOP......POSTING.
MUST.....WRITE......PAPER.

I am so happy and grateful that I could procrastinate writing my paper and post several times in a row in the MDC LoA forum.
#569 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Would love to come, we are going to a house party that day with....

Amy Steinberg as the guest performer!!
http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

Pat
See, now that's just not fair. YOu 've seen her like what? 3-4 times already?
I love her. I see she's in Orlando soon. If dds were a little older I'd leave them w/dh and go!
#570 of 787 Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Time to step into the new millenium Koala....I'm sure they all have cell phones with cameras.....so they can just regularly download pics and video clips!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page