LoA March 11-17 - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
A little further thought. Awhile ago I realized I was overfocusing on the attraction material because I was resistant about doing independent inner work. So I was kinda trying to keep the material as a crutch.

I know DH is going through something a bit similar, he's overfocusing on me because he's resistant about just figuring his stuff out.

So, okay, he's backsliding a little. This doesn't have to mean much of anything. I can focus on what-is and then it will be magnified... plus he will get to happily use that to avoid figuring his stuff out.

I can just step out of the storm. It's that easy. It would help if I wasn't woken up with it. Universe, I want to allow wholesome wakings only, please. And he will continue to learn how to deal with his resistance without me.

When you think about it, although I worry he won't bother on his own, it's gotta be easier to deal with your stuff when just one person is involved! Throw another person's desires and resistances into the mix, and it just gets harder. So if I step out of the storm, I will make it easier for him.

Speaking of crutches, now I'll listen to Esther to get back in the zone
You know, I agree with this.

I used to totally overfocus on hubby and thinking that changing him would change things (this was years ago). Now I know it's about flow...and it's better to find the harmony in a relationship than to "fix" what doesn't really need fixing anyways.
~We get along much better these days.
#662 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
My mom is here visiting and I've not seen her in a year 1/2. She very negative and it's ALWAYS draining to be with her. I've been trying to keep the buzz going but it's tough. She doesn't have a nice thing to say about anyone or anything.
Using LoA....she says a lot of negative things about everything because she likely feels very negative inside. It is probably a habit, but can also happen when someone looks for attention. It might help if you can really do some things that might give her a boost. Some extra pampering...pointing out some of the really good things in her, etc.

Also, I find that when I'm really up, I tend to keep switching the topic into more neutral or positive things...and the poor negative person doesn't stand a chance!!!

(But sometimes with my mom, it's harder than with other people. Mom's can have that effect on us. But, I do make sure I pamper myself when she's negative because then it helps remind me it's about her and not me!)
#663 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Oh and also thanks to you Terri I did write 4 articles for the site you suggested and I have gotten my first offer!!!
Cool!
#664 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Using LoA....she says a lot of negative things about everything because she likely feels very negative inside. It is probably a habit, but can also happen when someone looks for attention. It might help if you can really do some things that might give her a boost. Some extra pampering...pointing out some of the really good things in her, etc.

Also, I find that when I'm really up, I tend to keep switching the topic into more neutral or positive things...and the poor negative person doesn't stand a chance!!!

(But sometimes with my mom, it's harder than with other people. Mom's can have that effect on us. But, I do make sure I pamper myself when she's negative because then it helps remind me it's about her and not me!)
Yes! Me too. And thanks, I will try to point out some good things about her tomorrow. That's a great suggestion and one I would never have thought of doing on my own. It'll take a lot of strength on my part but I'm going to manifest doing it!

I you mamas and this awesome thread!
#665 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm so far behind, and have been working on this for so long, that I don't even know if any of it is relevant anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
Any advice on how to balance the two?
What 'two' are you referring to? Balancing intuition and ...? I guess I would ask what you think the other 'thing' is here. (I love what everyone else wrote about following your intuition!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
This is startling because I want to think for myself and not buy into the myth that we are helpless if things run in families. Beckwith in the Secret says you can break free from cultural codes, family stuff etc.
I agree with what others have said about inheriting thought patterns and beliefs, and that being the only 'real' stuff to genetics! The thing that brings this home for me is the fact that every cell in our body replaces itself. Over the course of seven years, you are an entirely new person!! So why would any illness stick with a body that has self-healing properties if someone is not holding it there with thoughts? No thanks. I choose wholeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Does anyone else get halfway through the mega-multi-quoted posts, and have to scroll up because you forgot who's post you were reading? I lose track when I keep seeing so many different names in a post.
All the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Today I find myself totally freaked out. I feel like I am too excited about this prospect, too hopeful. I am doubting myself and the universe and this man. I feel afraid and overwhelmed.I feel terrified of allowing myself to feel as excited and as hopeful as I do because I am afraid of being let down.

I need help releasing this fear. I need reassurance that I'm not being reckless or overly idealistic about someone I truly hardly know. Can anyone help?
When I feel fear about something I consider 'what's the worse thing that can happen?' and then accept that. So, the worse thing that can happen is you have some really great moments for X days/weeks/months/years before deciding somehow that this is no longer right for you. The other option is closing yourself off from any possibility of those good moments as a way to protect yourself from something that may or may not happen. Which choice feels better? Embrace today, and don't worry about a future you can't know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
This is what I would consider. Of course some things run in families. Remember where disease comes from? Patterns of thought.

Does it not make sense that patterns of thought run in families?

So, I would start focusing on myself, and not worry so much about "how am I like that person," and look more at "how am I creating this dis-ease in my body??"

Patterns of thought can be broken. DNA is only carries potentials, not fate, dear.
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I lost a group of friends in a negative way about 6 months ago. I am still very hurt and sad about it. I feel I should be further along in the healing process than I am. My therapist says I need to mourn the loss but I for the life of me can't get her to tell me how to do this.

I am ready to move on from this hurt and pain. My life is wonderful and I am happier than I have ever been before.
Do you think you need to mourn the loss? If you feel a need to sit with this for a while longer, then I think that's a fine thing to do. If you feel ready to release it today, then you can do that too. There's no right or wrong here - just go where it feels better, and keep flowing in that direction.

When you're ready, I would definitely try the sedona method. Here's the link to the sample process on their web site: http://www.sedona.com/html/Sample-Of-Process.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
And now I find my hang-up. I must somewhere, very deep down, really believe I don't deserve to have things!
and I know what you mean. I went through a little blip there a while back about feeling deserving. I love the suggestions you've already gotten. Just wanted to add my support, and let you know that a little attention and positive self-talk WILL do wonders for you!!

Crapless in Seattle. Love it!! Thanks for the start of that chuckle Pat, and for you, you crapless wonder!

CC... way cool on the article!

Terri... Totally hear you on the mother thing! Positive aspects, baby.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#666 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Yes! Me too. And thanks, I will try to point out some good things about her tomorrow. That's a great suggestion and one I would never have thought of doing on my own. It'll take a lot of strength on my part but I'm going to manifest doing it!

I you mamas and this awesome thread!
You know... I remember fussing to my SIL about my mother a few years ago. And she said to me, start a journal and write down everything nice your mother says to you. I said, but that's not alot of things. She says, doesn't matter how much the journal gets used, what matters is that there are some things she does say that are nice...keep those in memory...let everything else go.
#667 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
(p.s. For all you mamas in the mid-Atlantic region... I swear, this was NOT my doing! Unless I've gotten so good at controlling the weather I subconsciously manifested an early dismissal... Hmmm... I HAD been thinking about how much I had to do today. Dang, I'm good! )
It's OK, it got me an evening in tonight!

Quote:
I am *stealing* this one too. Like barefoot mama, I have similar issues when it pertains to *me*.

BTW barefoot - - have you been doing the prosperity game?

I haven't in a few weeks.

Let's start it again together!
OK, I ws going to post about this too.I realized I haven't gone there lately, becasue, well....it wasn't giving me a good feeling. I enjoyed the first few checks, buying myself Holosync and some books and a weekend away with dh and so on.....but then it got boring. I felt I was having to come up with "things" just to get use up a certain amount of money in the check, and you know what, I don't really feel I need a lot of :stuff", YK? I mean, if I get to the bigger amounts, yeah, I could do a lot with 5K or 10K or 20K, because that's programs for ds, or skylights in the living room, or 6 months off to really work on a book (OK now I'm getting excited ), but somehow it started to feel materialistic in a not-very-high-vibration sense. I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say here, but I'm just wondering if anyone else felt like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I'm back in dilemma-land, and I'm hoping somebody can tell me about the obvious wonderful approach I'm overlooking :

I've mentioned how better conflict resolution is a wonderful thing and nearly a miracle for DH & I. I mentioned how yesterday morning he was really negative and had a fight with himself.
Sphinxie I'm not sure what to say, except that when I'm dealing with this kind of stuff, I know we're going in the right direction. It can be hard when you (we!) understand what the other person's doing to themselves and it affects us too. I'm jsut choosing to take the long view and say, well, even if it sometimes feels like two steps forward and one step back, at least we're going in the right direction.

Quote:
Sometimes I think that's just what falling for somebody is. That's what all the intense good feelings and buzzing is for--to get you to overlook the fact that usually, this is somebody one doesn't know that well! So later on even if there isn't all the wild in-love-ness, you love the person and you know them really well.

I think that getting really involved in "Is this it? Is this not it?" sounds like worrying about the how. Trust your emotional guidance. If you feel like holding yourself back, go ahead and hold yourself back. If you feel like going forward, go ahead and go forward. Either is okay. This relationship doesn't have to be the One and it doesn't have to not be the One.
: Wise words!

And I wanted to add, it might make sense to ask "what am I afraid of?" Talking yourself through that might make you feel safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalily View Post
Thank you for this. It sounds like a great way to get around that "oh no you don't voice!" I have.

In fact, thank you to everyone here. I was having a down-feeling day, I think mostly because I didn't get enough sleep last night. I am struggling to get above 'flatlining'. But coming here really helped.

I am struggling to feel happy because these feelings of worry and anxiety keep popping up. I am beginning to see that I can trace all my problems back to FEAR. About lots of things, I guess.

But! I am manifesting Teen Titans action figures for DD's birthday. They are apparently no longer available in stores, found one package of two 3.5" action figures on amazon for $70! Holy cow!

So I pictured Maddy on her birthday, opening packages with all the major Teen Titans. DH found Robin and Beast Boy on clearance at Toys R Us, and then I found Cyborg and Starfire online today. The only one we don't have yet is Raven, and sometimes a single 3.5" Raven goes for like $30 and up on ebay.
Anyway, we'll find her Raven.
Annalily. And that's great manifesting! I'm so impressed at all the little doors that seem to open when we just say, "Yes. It IS possible."

Quote:
I think I can speak for all of us when I say we're sorry!

It's a tough thread to keep up with for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Oh, sweety! I imagine folks often feel that way. It's so hard to answer everyone! And sometimes, I just don't know what to say, don't feel I have any help to offer.

It's never, ever, my intention to ignore anyone. :
from me too. I'm trying to balance how much time I spend on here with other inspired action and responsibilities and I'm sure I leave people out sometimes.

Quote:
These discussion about various family members are interesting....I'm still working on my understanding of how much we can do for other people and how much we've manifested them being with us in that situation. I mean, when you're deeply connected to people you're not operating in a vacuum, right? And if you change and that's threatening to them, have you manifested that their reaction, or are you just bumping into their manifesting and it's grating on you in a way it didn't before, and what can you do to honor yourself AND be caring and compassionate AND stay in the vibration you want to be in. I guess I'm a bit : trying to clarify where the middle ground is between "you can't manifest for other people" and "if they're behaving this way, you manifested it!
#668 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:50 PM

I have question for holosync users - how long did it take to arrive after you ordered it? It's been a week....can you tell I'm impatient to get on with it?
#669 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
I have question for holosync users - how long did it take to arrive after you ordered it? It's been a week....can you tell I'm impatient to get on with it?
I think I got mine in about 1 weeks time ... I ordered on a Thursday, I think, and it was to me the following Thursday, I believe. It comes out of Oregon, I think, and I'm in CA, so it didn't have that far to travel. I would give them a call on Monday if it's not to you by then.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#670 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM

I "bought" the holosync with my Prosperity Game check today!

And I listened to the Joe Vitale The Masters of The Secret with Bill Harris and found my new siggy. I used to have a quote from someone in vaccinations that I really liked, but decided to find something positive. I love a few of them that I see used here in siggies, but I had to get one that wasn't already taken.
For example, many times a day I recall Michael Beckwith saying, "You could have nothing. And out of nothing, and out of no way, a way will be made." He is such a powerful, charismatic speaker and I just love how he says that. But written down it just isn't the same.
#671 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
If you move to Seattle, will you bring Amy Steinberg with you?:
Well, it's not Seattle, but she IS coming to Langley, BC on May 20th, to perform at my co-housing common house. And she was asking on her MtSpace blog about suggestions for places to go on her tour. You could manifest her coming to Seattle in May, as well
#672 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Well, it's not Seattle, but she IS coming to Langley, BC on May 20th, to perform at my co-housing common house. And she was asking on her MtSpace blog about suggestions for places to go on her tour. You could manifest her coming to Seattle in May, as well
She's actually going to be coming to Seattle either before or after, I remember seeing that on her site, but the details aren't announced yet.

More importantly, how far are you from the border? I'm actually 40 miles north of Seattle already..........coming to you might be more fun

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#673 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Pretty darn excited over here! Only one more sleep before the Abraham/Hicks workshop! I'm hoping to get in the hot seat so I can ask some questions about parenting - specifically how our children choose us, what our role is as parents, and how we can best support our children while helping them remember their connection to source. I'll let you all know what kind of answers I get! Whoot!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#674 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
It's OK, it got me an evening in tonight!

OK, I ws going to post about this too.I realized I haven't gone there lately, becasue, well....it wasn't giving me a good feeling. I enjoyed the first few checks, buying myself Holosync and some books and a weekend away with dh and so on.....but then it got boring. I felt I was having to come up with "things" just to get use up a certain amount of money in the check, and you know what, I don't really feel I need a lot of :stuff", YK? I mean, if I get to the bigger amounts, yeah, I could do a lot with 5K or 10K or 20K, because that's programs for ds, or skylights in the living room, or 6 months off to really work on a book (OK now I'm getting excited ), but somehow it started to feel materialistic in a not-very-high-vibration sense. I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to say here, but I'm just wondering if anyone else felt like that?

Totally. And that's why I stopped too. I've since realized though, that it's not supposed to be work, it's supposed to be fun and it's only virtual money so really, we could all take our allotments for the day and make paper airplanes out of them all and fly them off the Empire State Building yk?

I was actually finding myself during the day *trying* to think of something to spend it on. It did take energy - and it wasn't always FUN. (Not unpleasant, just not a buzzing kinda fun yk?)

BUT . . . I think I might try again and only spend it. Not write down how I feel etc.. . . just spend.
#675 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Pretty darn excited over here! Only one more sleep before the Abraham/Hicks workshop! I'm hoping to get in the hot seat so I can ask some questions about parenting - specifically how our children choose us, what our role is as parents, and how we can best support our children while helping them remember their connection to source. I'll let you all know what kind of answers I get! Whoot!
cool! I can't wait to hear what you learned!
#676 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
These discussion about various family members are interesting....I'm still working on my understanding of how much we can do for other people and how much we've manifested them being with us in that situation. I mean, when you're deeply connected to people you're not operating in a vacuum, right? And if you change and that's threatening to them, have you manifested that their reaction, or are you just bumping into their manifesting and it's grating on you in a way it didn't before, and what can you do to honor yourself AND be caring and compassionate AND stay in the vibration you want to be in. I guess I'm a bit : trying to clarify where the middle ground is between "you can't manifest for other people" and "if they're behaving this way, you manifested it!
It's important that we are all co-creators...and families are certainly all co-creating together too.

I think when we change and that threatens someone else, it's not so much about manifesting the 'reaction' as it is 'manifesting a new way to do things' (and hopefully that's a better new way). Most of us bawk at change, so when someone changes, it takes a bit of learning to figure out how the 'new' relationship dynamic is going to work. My experience is that the shift happens relatively quickly most times (so the period of 'reaction' is short).

I don't think another person's behavior is so much what I've manifested...but I have been a part of creating that relationship. I can continue to manifest the part I've always played, or choose to manifest a new role for myself in the relationship. It might work, it might not....but that's where I think my own responsibility lies, in what I choose to do within that dynamic.
#677 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I remember you telling us this. I will try it.

Thanks you so much. This is what I needed to hear. I love your advice too. I've felt very drawn to the Sedona method. It's time to act on that feeling I think.

Tara
Tara, I've been through something similar and really felt it was like the same steps with death. It has been over 5 years now. And pregnant, I still cry about her, the hormones just push me over I guess. But I think it really helps if you have someone current who you can vent it. It helped when I could talk 'bad' about her (not really about her, but her actions) to some one who wouldn't judge, cuz if they started with 'oh she stinks, blah blah,' that it was worse. So a safe unjudgemental person helps. And just cry a lot, till you run out. Then you can remember all the good things you got from it and hopefully go on.

#678 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM

There's so many posts, I lost the one I wanted to reply too! lol

Degemamma, let me know if you see Karmel Sutra there lol And, yeah we gotta meet up sometime
#679 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I can not WAIT to hear about this!!

Have fun!!
#680 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I am *stealing* this one too. Like barefoot mama, I have similar issues when it pertains to *me*.

BTW barefoot - - have you been doing the prosperity game?

I haven't in a few weeks.

Let's start it again together!
I only did it once so far, but I would like to continue. I think I'll buy myself maid service to start

So I'm definitely in, but...........

my computer has a date with AppleCare tomorrow~ I keep putting it off because of this thread! Well, other stuff too, but this is a huge piece of it! So I'm manifesting a return of my completely fixed computer by this coming Tuesday. I can't even imagine how many posts there will be to read!!

After that I will start the game again
#681 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I only did it once so far, but I would like to continue. I think I'll buy myself maid service to start

So I'm definitely in, but...........

my computer has a date with AppleCare tomorrow~ I keep putting it off because of this thread! Well, other stuff too, but this is a huge piece of it! So I'm manifesting a return of my completely fixed computer by this coming Tuesday. I can't even imagine how many posts there will be to read!!

After that I will start the game again
Okay, we'll do it!

How about Chasmyn and hmmmm . . . . who else was doing it back then too?

Sending your computer quick healing vibes!
#682 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Koala....

Enjoy your time with the Hicks! I'm imagine you'll be buzzing afterward. I'll listen to it on Hay House so I can hear your answers directly!
#683 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Koala....

Enjoy your time with the Hicks! I'm imagine you'll be buzzing afterward. I'll listen to it on Hay House so I can hear your answers directly!
Hey! Great idea! When is it?
#684 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Koala....

Yes have fun! Well I know you will, and I would love to hear the answers to those questions!

They play the workshops live on hayhouseradio?? Seriously?
#685 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Okay, we'll do it!

How about Chasmyn and hmmmm . . . . who else was doing it back then too?

Sending your computer quick healing vibes!
I was doing the prosperity game for a few days too and then got so wrapped up in trying to do so many things that I totally forgot about it. (I think that is what you all are talking about ... if not, then just ignore the above message! ) I would like to get started again as there are a few things I want to buy.

On a different note, I have been feeling so much better the last few days ... I'm working with an awesome classical-homeopathist in training and she seemed to have nailed my constitutional remedy and I believe it is having positive affects on me. Today at my acupuncturist appointment, he said my pulse feels much stronger than it was 3 weeks ago when we began.

And, I'm going and getting my hair chopped off tonight with my best friend (well, her hair is already short ... I've had mine really short two other times and it's time to do it again!). I'm going for something similar to this. So, some really nice hair-cutting would be much appreciated! It's a little longer than this right now.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#686 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
my constitutional remedy and I believe it is having positive affects on me. Today at my acupuncturist appointment, he said my pulse feels much stronger than it was 3 weeks ago when we began.
This is wonderful!!

Quote:
And, I'm going and getting my hair chopped off tonight with my best friend (well, her hair is already short ... I've had mine really short two other times and it's time to do it again!). I'm going for something similar to this. So, some really nice hair-cutting would be much appreciated! It's a little longer than this right now.
This will be so cute!! I love it and it looks like a great cut for you

Sending good hair-cut vibes
#687 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
It's important that we are all co-creators...and families are certainly all co-creating together too.

I think when we change and that threatens someone else, it's not so much about manifesting the 'reaction' as it is 'manifesting a new way to do things' (and hopefully that's a better new way). Most of us bawk at change, so when someone changes, it takes a bit of learning to figure out how the 'new' relationship dynamic is going to work. My experience is that the shift happens relatively quickly most times (so the period of 'reaction' is short).

I don't think another person's behavior is so much what I've manifested...but I have been a part of creating that relationship. I can continue to manifest the part I've always played, or choose to manifest a new role for myself in the relationship. It might work, it might not....but that's where I think my own responsibility lies, in what I choose to do within that dynamic.
Yeah, that really makes sense! I've been thinking about this a lot, because ti's clear that my changes have really altered the family dynamic, in ways that have been, well, dynamic!!

So I was thinking about this today and I wrote what will probably become a blog post, but I wanted to share my thoughts here too...

3/16/06

I’ve been thinking about

Everything is easy!

I realized a week or two ago that “everything is easy”, and that that was a big change for me. I mean, for most of me life I’ve been thinking, “Everything is tough, but dammit, I’m going to overcome it all and win!” My Dad’s illness and death were tough. My social issues at school were tough (certified nerd here). My brother’s death was very, very tough. Struggles in my career (which I realized afterwards came from both the pressure of a genius father, and post-traumatic stress syndrome in the wake of family tragedies) were tough. Difficult personal relationships were tough. Healing myself from the fear of happiness so that I could finally get married at 40 was tough. Being told I was infertile and overcoming that was tough, and required great willpower. Our weird financial issues and tension over how we live have been tough. Being told I was menopausal at 47 was tough.

And through all these things, I’ve found myself looking at others who seemed, without struggle or any particular effort, to have what to me were charmed lives. They had several children, with whom they could stay home if they wished; their husbands had normal jobs with normal hours which they mostly seemed to enjoy; if their children needed snow clothes or special help with something, they would get whatever it was without having that nagging feeling of “should I really be doing this?”or going without.

The year that dh had a normal job it was wonderful to me to be able just arrange ds’s therapy appointments, or go shopping for shoes when I needed them, instead of putting it off and putting it off. I was devastated when he lost the job (even though I knew it was really for the best), because I had treasured the sense of relief that that had all brought me, and the relaxation and happiness that had come from it. When the job self-destructed and we were heading back towards the twilight zone, I found myself asking, “WHY does it always have to be so hard for me? Why can’t I just have a regular, OK, normal life? Other people do – I don’t really see any reason why that shouldn’t be me.”

And then I would feel ungrateful for saying that, because after all, we’re so lucky compared to so many. There are many people who are one paycheck away from homelessness, or who have to work long hours and put babies in daycare in order to afford groceries, or who don’t have marketable talents, or can’t get pregnant at all.

So I felt, maybe that’s just how it is. Maybe you can’t have everything you want. Wanting more seemed perhaps to be ingratitude. Discovering The Secret, the Law of Attraction, was a revelation, because it spoke of there being enough for everyone, and that it was worth focusing on your desires because you really can make them come true. It reminded me of the times when I really had, through sincere and passionate flowing of energy, got things I really wanted, and I knew that it was for real. After I began to get the hang of it, and saw the amazing things happening really quickly for both myself and others, and began to understand about inspired action, I realized, yes, “Everything is easy!”

But I kept running into enormous resistance, especially from dh. It led to some really good growth but it was wrenching every time. On the one hand I felt so happy about what I was learning, on the other it really threw into stark relief how we’d got into trouble in the first place, and why we hadn’t been happy. And I could see him still doing it to himself (I remember him insisting one night that no, we couldn't find a solution to a particular problem which would make us both 100% happy, that more than 90% would be greedy). Yet whenever I posted about it on MDC, people would ask me gently how I was manifesting this in my life. I found that hard to answer – after all, wasn’t I doing the things I was supposed to be doing, practicing gratitude, believing in the future and changing my life for the better? - and yet his very different attitude seemed to be affecting my ability to use what I knew. I learned to celebrate him being where he was, but still....

In the last few days it began to get me down again. Dh seemed to be swirling in an energy of frustration. My Mom said the most inconsequential things, such as “I’m having coffee, do you want some?” or "I think the mail just came," in a tone more suited to “Someone just drowned my pet hamster.” Ds, of course, has been a lightning rod for all of us.

So here I was this morning trying to keep hold of my “everything is easy” mantra, and thinking how much easier it would be if I didn’t have to shield myself from all the negativity around me all the time, when it hit me. ONCE AGAIN I have a situation in which I have an enormous challenge - the lack of understanding of, and resistance to (as it sometimes seems), the LoA from everyone in the house – and I’m determined to overcome it!!

How brilliantly ironic!! Yes, I’ve manifested my usual thing again – a great challenge.

OK, enough!!! Everything is easy. I decided to choose that it IS easy!! Not “I have to set my face to the wind, and will soldier bravely on believing it’s easy until it is,” but It. Just. Is!

So this afternoon I decided, dh and I are perfect partners. We vibrate harmoniously in all aspects of our lives. Mom is wonderful, and I love her, and her life’s getting better already. And ds is just fine. He hasn’t fully realized it yet, but everything’s clearing out for him. Today when I saw him getting controlling about who was first in line at gymnastics, I felt that familiar tightness in my stomach, the worry for him and frustration, and “why does he have to be difficult” feeling. But then I said, ds is just fine, it’s all flowing in the right direction. And it is. For all of us, together.
#688 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Ok, my "situation" has been about creating a site for an inclusive homeschooling gathering. Let's just say not all homeschoolers are inclusive, UNTIL NOW. : I found a place for us to gather, but it is $600 per month! Divided by the members of the group. With a contracted commitment. BUT, another friend just told me about a place where we can meet FOR FREE, every week. For Free!! It just fell into my lap. Seriously. It was easy, peasy. Just have to trust that the Universe provides EXACTLY what we need, when we need it. Amazing!!

Pat

I have a blog.
#689 of 787 Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Ok, my "situation" has been about creating a site for an inclusive homeschooling gathering. Let's just say not all homeschoolers are inclusive, UNTIL NOW. : I found a place for us to gather, but it is $600 per month! Divided by the members of the group. With a contracted commitment. BUT, another friend just told me about a place where we can meet FOR FREE, every week. For Free!! It just fell into my lap. Seriously. It was easy, peasy. Just have to trust that the Universe provides EXACTLY what we need, when we need it. Amazing!!

Pat
That's fantastic news!!! I love when things come together so effortlessly and it just "fits". Awesome moments!!!

I absolutely love this new set of words: "easy, peasy". It just feels so carefree!!!!
#690 of 787 Old 03-17-2007, 12:56 AM

I guess we're all manifesting the same idea this evening!

That's great, Pat!

I keep thinking about what my friend the LoA queen said about the money from my closet: "It was there all the time, you just weren't available to receive it. Everything you want is already there - when your vibration matches it, you'll get it."

After posting my long post above, I went upstairs to find dh frustrated about yet another household administrative task that should have taken an hour but took five (he's been manifesting an awful lot of those lately, because he keeps complaining about how it's always like that). Instead of feeling frustrated by his self-manifested frustration, I found myself asking if there was anything I could do to help, and he said I could go to the wholesale club for him tomorrow. Not a problem. Instantly his whole mood changed. Everything is easy!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page