Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2007, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
LOVE IT!!!!

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM

mlw, i LOVE your hair! the pp was right - it shows off your energetic nature. beautiful!

: everyone. i've been hibernating a bit, processing a lot of new information and getting back on my antidepressant medication. i am SO GRATEFUL for that! it was scary to suddenly stop having all the feelings of gratitude and joy i'd been experiencing for several months. i'm glad to know that there is something i can do to allow myself to find my natural high vibration instead of living like that. it didn't help that i got AF... i was feeling like an LOA failure for not manifesting a pregnancy. ridiculous, but i guess that's just where i was at the time.

it's amazing to watch all of your achieve new heights and process so much here. i'll try to particpate more over the weekend as i miss you all so much!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Celeste!!!!

I just saw what's under your username! Did you kow that the pomegranate is a Jewish fertility symbol?? Our hand-calligraphed Jewish wedding contract is drawn with a pomegranate border, and you can bet I picked that one out on purpose!

You're on the way, you're on the way.....you really are!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:01 PM

catgirl, hi!

yes, the pomegranate is such a powerful symbol. there's actually a "movement" of sorts called "infertility's common thread"

though now that i write it out, i realize that i'm associating myself in that group... oh... well, anyway... : that's where it comes from.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-17-2007, 04:40 PM

is it possible that I've killed the thread?!? : No posts for 2.5 hours seems like a record!

I got the drinking glasses listed on the shop!

Old 03-17-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
And even if they didn't, you would still be OK!

Remembering that has been key for me. But in reality, you ARE changing the dynamic by changing yourself.
YES! And thank you. It's at least partly that I decided to be ok. I'm not going into crisis mode, not freaking out, or giving up on any of the things I am hoping to do. I don't like the situation but I intend to make the best of it and the opportunities it offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Zannalyn

You know, when I first read your entire post, what came to me was...."Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Everything can be turned around. The fact that you recognize this as a cycle means that you can finally look at the root of it and get to the bottom of it. Ask your dh some questions that really get him to think about why he believes this. You can help him realize why he does this and then he will make the connections for himself.

As for creating the relationships in your life...well, you are only a co-creator there. You can choose to change your part and that WILL have an effect on the others, especially those closest to you. Be patient and it will work out.
I do hope to talk with dh and get to the bottom of this. It is pretty clear to me the sort of beliefs he must be holding onto, and I know guilt at breaking up with his ex is part of it, but there are older deeper things, too, I'll bet. I'm hoping he will do a treasure map, and this is perfect timing, to clear things out before hand. But obviously, it's his choice what he wants to do. What I do know is that he is miserable with this pattern he keeps playing out, so I am hoping he will be willing to change it. I plan on suggesting that he read The Science of Getting Rich, too. Can't hurt, right? I get excited thinking about what we could manifest together!

Quote:
You look great! I bet you feel really free! Now you get to do that thing where you put a shirt on, and go to lift your hair out of the neck and... it's not there!
Old 03-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
is it possible that I've killed the thread?!? : No posts for 2.5 hours seems like a record!

Hi, Celeste! Nice to "see" you!

The glasses are lovely!

You can't kill this thread! No-one can kill this thread. It's undead.... and crapless!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Beautiful! YOu look like a beautiful pixie fairy!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:37 PM

catgirl - I'm going to read your piece as soon as I have time!

celeste - those are gorgeous!

Just wanted to pop in quick and say hi to you beautiful mamas!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I have to work at this too and I love all the suggestions that you've already gotten! I'm at a point where sometimes I make time for myself in wonderful, positive ways, and sometimes I don't. There is such a huge difference in how the day goes for every member of my family when I take care of myself because then I am am better able to be available to them in a patient, positive way. Seeing the difference it makes for them helps me *justify* the time I take to do yoga and meditate. (I know I shouldn't have to justify it in my head, but that is just where I am right now).

I think that as we practice this bit by bit we will learn to trust that we really are doing what is best for our families by treating ourselves with love.

Another thing I've been thinking about is that I'm setting an example for my DDs of how grown up women should treat themselves. It is easier for me to think about what I would want for them, and then to give it to myself, than to start with what I want for myself. (I don't know if that makes sense to any one else).
Makes sense to me!

Growing up, thinking about what *I* wanted and acting on it was labelled as "wrong" and I was called many unpretty names about it... Taking care of others first was expected from me as I was the oldest... Now, I'm taking back my right to treat me well and to take care of myself first! But, so far, it has been a lot of work; I've learned that lesson way too well... but what I learned I can erase and learn new ways of doing things that will bring more joy to me and to the others that will benefit from my own joy!

I'm alone with the kids until tomorrow... DH is at his friend's house for a big party. I'm suppose to download our new version of the anti virus but I prefer reading on MDC I have plenty of time to do all I want to do! :

Valérie   
Old 03-17-2007, 06:13 PM

Hi Mamas! I hope everyone is having a zooming (or at least buzzing) weekend! Too many quotes to get to, as usual.

First -- MLW, great haircut! You rock, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Pretty darn excited over here! Only one more sleep before the Abraham/Hicks workshop!!
Can't wait to hear all about this, Koala!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
So this afternoon I decided, dh and I are perfect partners. We vibrate harmoniously in all aspects of our lives. Mom is wonderful, and I love her, and her life’s getting better already. And ds is just fine. He hasn’t fully realized it yet, but everything’s clearing out for him. Today when I saw him getting controlling about who was first in line at gymnastics, I felt that familiar tightness in my stomach, the worry for him and frustration, and “why does he have to be difficult” feeling. But then I said, ds is just fine, it’s all flowing in the right direction. And it is. For all of us, together.
Penny, what a wonderful breakthrough!!! And MsChats is right (as usual ), sometimes you have to work through the crap first and we shouldn't be afraid of expressing the crap so we can work our way through to the flow. Before becoming fully aware of LoA, I used to write all my negative emotions down in my journal. In fact, the only time I used to write in my journal was when I was feeling negative about something, because writing was my way of processing my emotions and difusing the situation. Once I discovered LoA, I became wary of writing down any negativity, thinking I was giving it too much power...and of course this had the opposite effect, because "what we resist, persists." Recently, I took out my journal and had a swear-fest at all the situations and (person) that has been a source of anger and hurt for me and WOW! DID IT FEEL GREAT!!! To write to this person, who I'd been sending so much love and positive energy, F*%# YOU!!! I felt like I'd lifted a weight of my shoulder! And frankly, I'm in a much better place. So, HERE'S to processing the crap!!! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I'm about to run out the door, but I have to post a quick comment about shielding first! I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday that is an energy healer. We were talking about shielding, and I was expressing that I still have issues with protecting myself from absorbing others' negative energy sometimes. Her comment was that shielding comes from a place of fear, and that rather than trying to shield I should look through the negative, dig deeper, and find the essence of that person that is whole and healthy and connected. She says to just focus on knowing that the person is exactly where they are supposed to be. Love it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Another thought I've had on shielding is about the Sun. It radiates so hard it doesn't need shielding; anything that comes at it is just fuel that it uses to radiate more. The more we are purely sending out love, just radiating it in all directions, the less anything negative can touch us.
Koala and Zannalyn -- this has been my experience as well! I've found JUST shielding put me in a victim mode: "must protect myself, must protect myself." While shielding AND radiating love has the most wonderous effect! I had two visits home when I just sheilded the first time and the second time I radiated -- it was like being with an entire different family!! And whether it was just me that was different and just my perception, it was a wonderful experience!!! Thanks so much for sharing this.

Quote:
Celeste -- welcome back!! And I seriously want 4 of those glasses! I have friends who are adopting from China and have been waiting 2 years -- they would love these! And I love them, too! So, 2 for me and 2 for them. I went to order but it said you only had 1 left, so I wanted to run this by you first.
They're beautiful!!! Let me know the next step.

Pat, what a wonderful manifestation!! Whooppeee!

Taradactyl-- how's that pregnant belly doing?

Amris, thanks for that fun link!

And of course, gotta give a shout out to Annikate and Capn Crunchy!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 03-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I have plenty of time to do all I want to do! :
Valerie -- I use this affirmation alllll the time!

Old 03-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Valerie -- I use this affirmation alllll the time!
Okay, another one I'm stealing.

I can't help it, every time I walk by my 'puter, I have to check to see who has posted.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I can't help it, every time I walk by my 'puter, I have to check to see who has posted.
I'm planning on adding a second line so I won't block the phone everytime I come online

Valérie   
Old 03-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Now, I'm taking back my right to treat me well and to take care of myself first!
Good for you and all of us who are working on this one!

Quote:
I'm alone with the kids until tomorrow... DH is at his friend's house for a big party. ....I have plenty of time to do all I want to do! :
sounds like a parTAY for you, too! Hope you enjoy the time with your kiddos.

Quote:
So, HERE'S to processing the crap!!! Good for you!
Here's to us all becoming crapless! :

This is so true, though... sometimes it makes me : to control so tightly what I allow myself to say, in the effort of redirecting my thoughts. Sometimes you just have to process that stuff in order to be done with it. I do love the new direction of my journaling, though (the gratitude, etc) - it feels like much more of a blessing to keep books of happiness rather than records of anger and hurt.

Quote:
Celeste -- welcome back!! And I seriously want 4 of those glasses! ...Let me know the next step.
OK, I updated the quantities. I hadn't seen that you could "inventory" items before. I love the idea of things from my hands finding their way into Chinese children's lives. There's no way to express how my that culture has become a part of my very essence. Thanks for your support!

Quote:
I'm planning on adding a second line so I won't block the phone everytime I come online
IKWYM!!!

Hey, speaking of Chinese... didn't I see someone a few days ago named "henhao"? If so, a special "huan-ying" to you!

I'm so glad to be back with the gang. :

Old 03-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
OK, I updated the quantities. I hadn't seen that you could "inventory" items before. I love the idea of things from my hands finding their way into Chinese children's lives. There's no way to express how my that culture has become a part of my very essence. Thanks for your support!
It says I can only get 3 in inventory...do you have 4, pretty please???:

Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
It says I can only get 3 in inventory...do you have 4, pretty please???:
There are 3 sets of 2 (for a total of 6) in inventory...

Old 03-17-2007, 07:17 PM

oooooohhhh! Okay. off to purchase!

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 PM

KateSt - Thanks for asking. I'm feeling pretty blah today. Took a long nap and DH is awsome and takes good care of me. He took DS and my dog to a hiking trail so I could stay home (and do taxes). I am sipping flavored selzer to help my blah belly and it feels good.

I am feeling much better about my group of friends thing the other day. I feel like I finally had my voice in the situation and this brings some closure to me. It's like a weight lifted from my soul and I know with time I will be growing in a wonderful direction. You are all right that this happened for a reason and I've learned so much from it all.

Here's the issue du joir -- I'm watching my neighbors dog while they are away and he is not very happy. They want him in a crate when we're not there and he has tore it up and scratched himself until bleeding (mildly nothing bad). He was shaking and whining when I left him this morning. It's really killing my buzz. I'm glad they are coming home tomorrow. I keep telling him how much we love him etc but it just breaks my heart that he is so sad and misses his family so much. I just can't bring him to my house because I have a toddler and a dog of my own to think about but I swear it is breaking my heart each time I go check on him (3 times a day). I haven't told them I'm preg yet and they called and left a message saying they were bring a big cheesecake for us as a thankyou. Can I just say that this preg belly does not want cheesecake at all right now? I hope DS likes it since DH doesn't eat sweets at all. It's actually kind of comical really . I'm laughing because I'm actually happy that my belly is blah from being pregnant.

Thanks for listening,
T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 03-17-2007, 07:32 PM

Oh, Hugs to your blah belly and that poor puppy dog! That would break my heart, too! I often send my pets virtual-visualized love when I'm away and I think it helps -- I'll try it with your neighbor's dog, too.

Glad you found some closure with your friends.

So happy you're pregnant!

And SORRY to the other mamas! I cleaned out Celeste's inventory of her wonderful glasses! Thanks, Celeste! (I didn't realize you were Chinese! This is a good year (year of Boar) for fertility, isn't it? I see a BFP in your future soon. Love to you -- I know it's not easy waiting....

Old 03-17-2007, 07:35 PM

I love Abe's quote of the day again!
Quote:
Whatever you are giving your attention to already has a vibration of its own, and as you give your attention to it, you include its vibration in your vibration...and then your point of attraction is affected. --- Abraham
Oh, last night I dreamt I was lactating The funny thing is that it came out of holes in my nipples. The milk was plentiful and wholesome, but surprisingly cold. And I was thinking to myself, "Gee, I guess I've been thinking about kids too much!" Except the funny thing is that I haven't been thinking about kids so much lately... I guess that dream tells me that I'm sensing that I'm partway there, and ready, even if the main 'manifestation' isn't manifestedly happening yet. Hm... maybe also a bit of a signal...

MyLittleWonders, you look fantastic! I love that haircut

Quote:
Another thought I've had on shielding is about the Sun. It radiates so hard it doesn't need shielding; anything that comes at it is just fuel that it uses to radiate more. The more we are purely sending out love, just radiating it in all directions, the less anything negative can touch us.
I read once in the national geographic that although we describe the sun as having a certain physical limit, actually it has layers... and you could even say that the space the earth is in is an outer layer of the sun... so we're within the light of the sun

Quote:
Anyhow, I was lying there, and remembered this affirmation, and something from Bill Harris about how if we'll look back on it in a few years as a good thing, might as well look at it that way, now. And how he listed reasons it was good when he was slapped with a frivolous lawsuit.... And I started feeling pretty darn good! Even got a little more sleep, I think, or at least I relaxed... This is a turning point, I decided.
That's fantastic Truly, the good and bad we usually ascribe to this stuff doesn't matter, it's only our vibrations on the subject that matter. I would caution you not to worry too much about the real-world how, about as Abe calls it "the action journey"... that totally has its place, but the real power is in "the emotional journey" inside you. It's just incredible how true this is, time and time again.

Quote:
It's been interesting reading everyone's family and relationship issues, particularly about succeeding even though a partner is being negative... So how did I create this? I have little control over dh, no control or influence at all with his ex, who can't even bring herself to say a civil hello to me (after 11 years!)... sigh. I'm jut going to go on the theory that as I change my vibration those around me will change to become in harmony with it.
First, last night I 2/3 realized and 1/3 decided that DH and I have manifested our new relationship. The manifestation may not be complete but it's basically happened already. What happened yesterday was some other energy pattern that will be easier than past stuff to work with.

So with the past stuff, I don't know how much this will apply for anyone else, but what was the key with growing out of past problems with DH was working with my expectations. Each time I'd improve and have more positive expectations... I'd see how my very subtle leftover negative expectations would still draw something (increasingly milder) out of him. It was just weird. Sure, the negativity was "real"... but I kept becoming more aware that it didn't have to be activated, and I was activating it. So the key has totally been positive expectations. And I know that if my vibration was even higher, and my expectations were even more positive, he'd fulfill them--not necessarily in every literal detail, but in the ways that really matter. So yeah. It has literally been eerie how powerful my expectations were, and it worked pretty fast, although at first it sometimes felt like they'd be tested a little (sometimes it didn't).

Quote:
And only good can come from this situation. I'm not just saying that; I have decided it. dh will just have to deal.
It's so true. And your DH will love it

Catgirl, I forgot to multiquote your post about the blog post. But, vibration-raising with negativity is vibration raising too! It's just as important as "happy happy happy".
Old 03-17-2007, 07:41 PM

Oh Tara that would break my heart too.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
chasmyn. Can you ask for help with painting? It sounds like a lot of work. How important is it that it be done?
As far as the child trying to run your ds down: I would turn that around, and see if there is a way to see it that the child is trying to play with your ds but not knowing how, and perhaps helping him to see a way to do so. Because that might be true, or may become true. In general, little ones don't usually intend to injure others, they just do sometimes.
I've asked for help. The colour can only be done by one person at a time because of the materials and specifics involved. Once the white paint comes out of limbo and arrives at the place so we can pick it up, we have offers of help there. We're really just waiting for UPS to deliver the paint - the tracking info says it's out for delivery since the 14th, but when I call to see if it has been delivered, it hasn't yet. I expect it will be there by Monday, though.

The painting has to be done before we can put in the floors and the floors have to be done so we can move the rest of our stuff in. (The floors will only take about a day, though, and we have several helpers there.)

This kiddo is pretty intentional about running over DS. He aims for him, even his Mum sees it. We just remove DS from th situation when the other kid gets on a trike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Hmmmm.................any Seattle gals up for a road trip? That would be so.much.fun!

As for the painting and moving . I am not clear headed enough for much in the way of LOA wisdom this morning, but just wanted to suggest a break for you and ds, even just a few hours, where you are completely away from the work at the house. Some park time, a long walk, just something to bring the joy back into the process.
Yes. It's been raining nonstop here the last few days, so we do get out and go into the common house, but parks and walks are pretty out of the question right now. I try to get us out of it by running errands but those can be stressful for him, too. Obviously I am feeling pretty stuck.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:22 PM

chasmyn, about the house situation. sounds overwhelming, especially with the rain and the dangerous kid trike rider. yikes!

tara, i would have a lot of heartache for the poor dog, too. maybe you can help him with directing some affirmations about safety his way. is there a switchword to elicit feeling safe and calm?

Kate, I'm not Chinese, but my husband is, and I have spent a lot of time living in China. Here I am in his home village with two of his cousins and a neighbor. I'm so glad you like the glasses, and hope they bring many blessings to you & your friends!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:35 PM

Okay, I made a list of 20 things that are good about our current situation. (MBD=DH). I feel much better now. I admit my gratitude journal has been neglected - I've got it stowed away in a closet upstairs rather than by my bed where it usually lives. I'm getting it out tonight, because that journal helps me focus at the end of the day. I've been finding that just trying to think about it, but not writing it down, I am less focused on what I am grateful for.

This list really helped me.

1) Our home is transforming into a beautiful sanctuary for us.

2) Since we weren't finished painting enough for the floors to be done today, MBD and Y (Daddy nextdoor) were able to wire the upstairs for internet access in the office instead of the front closet. So no more wires on the kitchen counter coming from the front closet!

3) We are truly perfecting the colours in the loving room.

4) Because of having done so much work with the colour in the living room, the other rooms are likely to be a breeze.

5) The living room is by far the largest area we are painting. Once it is finished, which will likely be today, the other rooms will go much faster.

6) The time it's taken to paint the living area has given me time to have a beautiful vision of what I want the office to look like.

7) Waiting for the base coat paint to arrive from limbo will give me time to create my vision in the office.

8) We are inspiring some of our neighbors to want to paint their own places in the same manner.

9) We have been invited to one of our neighbour's homes for dinner as a result of my having somewhat of an emotional breakdown at her house. They made us sushi and custard and their 11-year-old son played with Kiernen for a good portion of the night, which delighted Kiernen to no end. He LOVES the older boys here.

10) Kiernen is really bonding with some of the older boys here. He even tried to give a couple of them a kiss (his highest honour) and let them pick him up (a privilege usually only reserved for Mama or Daddy).

11) We are really getting a lot of offers for help. Mostly with the floors - those men REALLY like doing floors! But also somewhat with painting and with things like wiring and other random tasks.

12) MBD is totally bonding with Y and N - they are quickly becoming the three musketeers. Very sweet.

13) Since we are in cohousing, we have places to escape to. The common house and all of its different rooms, and sometimes even other homes here. We aren't stuck in our house while all of this goes on. THAT rocks.

14) Because there are other community members here who have many similar interests to mine, I've easily found people to talk to when I need to, and am making fast friends. A bonus is those community members, some of them have been here since the beginning and offer much counsel on what it's like for new folks. We are not alone.

15) We get to have more time with MBD because he is still at home with us.

16) I get even more time to visualize exactly how I want everything to be once we move it in.

17) This will all absolutely get done. Really, it will. And it will be beautiful.

18) We are getting to know more of our community members through their offering their services to us.

19) MBD has a lead on a job that will be available on the 19th. This might make it perfect timing.

20) The biggest part of the painting is done. The largest area is finished.

Twenty things! I feel so much better after making that list! I daresay I even feel GOOD!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
is there a switchword to elicit feeling safe and calm?
"BE"
Old 03-17-2007, 08:42 PM

thanks, Annikate!

speaking of switchwords, there was a jar of pickles that i had been trying to open for THREE DAYS on the counter. i tried, dh tried, and my sister tried. so, i'm standing there, with my sister, and i said "there's got to be a switchword for this.... CHANGE!!"

and guess what?

i opened the jar.

pretty cool, huh? sis said she was glad she was there to witness it. it was pretty amazing.

that's a great list, chasmyn!

hey, does anyone know what happened to my ddddcs? why is the html coding there?

Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Since a lot of people have asked about signs I thought I would post this:

Quote:
Guest: I get signs that things are flowing well, but then I talk myself out of them. Are signs really signs?

Abraham: Yes, you get ENDLESS signs! Get a sense of the powerful flow that surrounds you. When you go with it you feel great. When you don’t, you don’t. Turning points can be incredibly meaningful, but they are endless. Every time it doesn’t feel good, you can just put your brain on pause for a moment and stop this incessant focus on what you don’t want. Ask yourself, “What can I do to relax and let the stream turn me around?’ Create a new pattern of trusting that the stream will turn you.

When you are basking, you will hear your guidance more poignantly. And tomorrow, you won’t care about this, you’ll be on to something else.

Hear the call of Source everywhere, like numbers that line up. Stop when you see them and acknowledge that right now there is no resistance or lack, you are allowing who you really are to flow!

The Universe sends endless signs! It is always saying, “Look over here, look over here, look over here, look over here, look over HERE!”

Talk about how it feels to be vibrationally in concert with broader perspective and everything you want. The Universe has lined that up, and 50,100, 300, 5000 things that could be shown to you at any moment in time! See yourself in alignment to see them, and then ask, “What else you got? What else you got?” [laughter] And then it comes on REALLY strong!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Okay, I made a list of 20 things that are good about our current situation. (MBD=DH). I feel much better now. I admit my gratitude journal has been neglected - I've got it stowed away in a closet upstairs rather than by my bed where it usually lives. I'm getting it out tonight, because that journal helps me focus at the end of the day. I've been finding that just trying to think about it, but not writing it down, I am less focused on what I am grateful for.

This list really helped me.

1) Our home is transforming into a beautiful sanctuary for us.

2) Since we weren't finished painting enough for the floors to be done today, MBD and Y (Daddy nextdoor) were able to wire the upstairs for internet access in the office instead of the front closet. So no more wires on the kitchen counter coming from the front closet!

3) We are truly perfecting the colours in the loving room.

4) Because of having done so much work with the colour in the living room, the other rooms are likely to be a breeze.

5) The living room is by far the largest area we are painting. Once it is finished, which will likely be today, the other rooms will go much faster.

6) The time it's taken to paint the living area has given me time to have a beautiful vision of what I want the office to look like.

7) Waiting for the base coat paint to arrive from limbo will give me time to create my vision in the office.

8) We are inspiring some of our neighbors to want to paint their own places in the same manner.

9) We have been invited to one of our neighbour's homes for dinner as a result of my having somewhat of an emotional breakdown at her house. They made us sushi and custard and their 11-year-old son played with Kiernen for a good portion of the night, which delighted Kiernen to no end. He LOVES the older boys here.

10) Kiernen is really bonding with some of the older boys here. He even tried to give a couple of them a kiss (his highest honour) and let them pick him up (a privilege usually only reserved for Mama or Daddy).

11) We are really getting a lot of offers for help. Mostly with the floors - those men REALLY like doing floors! But also somewhat with painting and with things like wiring and other random tasks.

12) MBD is totally bonding with Y and N - they are quickly becoming the three musketeers. Very sweet.

13) Since we are in cohousing, we have places to escape to. The common house and all of its different rooms, and sometimes even other homes here. We aren't stuck in our house while all of this goes on. THAT rocks.

14) Because there are other community members here who have many similar interests to mine, I've easily found people to talk to when I need to, and am making fast friends. A bonus is those community members, some of them have been here since the beginning and offer much counsel on what it's like for new folks. We are not alone.

15) We get to have more time with MBD because he is still at home with us.

16) I get even more time to visualize exactly how I want everything to be once we move it in.

17) This will all absolutely get done. Really, it will. And it will be beautiful.

18) We are getting to know more of our community members through their offering their services to us.

19) MBD has a lead on a job that will be available on the 19th. This might make it perfect timing.

20) The biggest part of the painting is done. The largest area is finished.

Twenty things! I feel so much better after making that list! I daresay I even feel GOOD!
Chasmyn, those are all AWESOME things. And I can't wait to see the finished result of all of this work, I bet it's going to be beautiful.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 03-17-2007, 09:24 PM

chasmyn
That's a lovely, thought out list of gratitudes!! I love the fact that you took the time to notice different "features" of what was great about something.

I was at the thrift store today passing time and always kinda hope to find a book to read....preferably one I'll enjoy, lol. Well, I found a book titled: Attitude of Gratitude and I look forward to reading it!

User Tag List