LoA March 11-17 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunchy
Just checkin in! Great super fabulous wonderful weekend, and since we are quoting ourselves I will just quote my last post from the other thread for now ---
OK, then I will do the same!! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl
Quote:
I have so much I want to say this morning but my brain is a jumble.

I am celebrating a + preg test this morning. My emotions are jumbled and I feel like I could run a marathon.

This has been my biggest success yet. I know I will have a happy and healthy pregnancy and that our family is loving and complete.

Tara
OHHHHH!! TARA!!!!!

OMG, how wonderful!!! I'm beaming!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon*
I am so glad you finally know when your baby (that we've known would come all along) will be here!!

Seriously, (for us) and apple juice for you!!! CONGRATS!!

Thank you for manifesting this!!! It gives me so much hope!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalynn
Penny, I loved your story about ds. Don't waste time regretting; it is a great lesson for him to learn that people grow and change!

I especially love hearing the piano stories, and how thoughtful and caring you are in helping him practice and perform. I started with piano when I was very young, and I loved it (especially when I got to play loud and fast! ) but I hated practicing because my dad would sit there and tell me everything I did wrong, and make me play it over and over again. Now, practice does make perfect, but his nasty-toned criticism was excessive. Long story short, when I got the chance, I quit. I played again some in high school, with a very laid back teacher and my dad working night shift (so I just didn't practice when he was around). The few times I've played since (often just stumbling through something) I am reminded of how much I simply love to play! As soon as we manifest our house, I'll manifest a piano to put in it! Guess it'll go on the treasure map, too (again).
We manifested a piano when he started! I said, "God, I need a piano!" and started asking around. The principal oboe of my orchestra had a baby grand that was too big for her living room and gave it to us for free! (Immediately afterwards she was offered the perfect piano for her space..) I still remember carrying him in from pre-school, telling him to shut his eyes, and sitting him down on the bench. His whole face lit up and he said, "My pyanyo!!!" When he outgrew it musically and my Mom bought him a better one, I passed it on to another family that needed one.

Zannalyn, my Dad was a brilliant concert pianist and I always felt the weight of that on me. I've never really expressed my talent fully UP TILL NOW, and I was unconcsiously putting this stuff on ds until I realized it a few weeks ago. Since discovereing the LoA I've been saying constantly "I am an amazing violinist" and without practicing, I'm about twice as good as I was. Dh was remarking tonight that he was really enjoying listening to me practice, and it was the first time I'd played in 5 days. There's a great passage in "Illusions" about that about how we think we can't play unless we've worked really hard at it - I'll see if I can find it and copy it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna
I feel like I have to put my life on hold for the next 18 years if I have another child. And I feel like I can't talk to dh about it because any negativity I express he takes on.

ETA I think I just need to learn to get through the down feelings without feeling like it's some huge sign that I'm making the wrong decision. Which reminds me that there are no wrong decisions. ok I'm feeling better already.
I remember when I got pregnant thinking, OMG, there's no turning back now, as if I was on a runaway train whether I wanted to be or not - even though I had wanted this for 20 years. I understand exactly what you mean.

The reality for me has been that yes, it takes over your life, but you get it back a hundredfold, including in the areas where it takes away time. And now that ds is 7, it's a lot easier again, even with homeschooling too. He's got his own interests and entertains himself very well a lot of the time. [ETA he spent *3 hours* this afternoon playing on his own with K'nex!!]

Maybe you need affirmations about everything turning out for the best , no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon
Ok, I know this is going to be *old news* for most of you, but I just can't help it! I finally REALIZED, well, I guess crystallized and put into words my growing awareness over the past month or so. It's amazing... I just feel so FREE. So here it is: (I know I'm preaching to the choir but it is unbelievable how good this feels)

Devon, what a wonderful post!!!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt
Penny, this is SUCH a gift to your son. Like Zannalyn, I took piano but wasn't "allowed" to quit. I started because I wanted to, but then I lost interest and wanted to quit but my mom wouldn't let me, so I took lessons for 10 years and am not nearly as good as I think I should be for 10 years worth of lessons. I think had I been allowed to quit when I wanted to I would have eventually gone back to it -- on my own terms-- and been much better. I did always like playing but not when I "had to."

If your son does want to stop, don't feel defeated. He will (in my humble opinion) probably love it all the more if he knows it's HIS choice. He obviously cares very much what YOU think and I think it's great that you're showing him how much you care what HE thinks.

You know, I didn't really think he did want to quit...I think he just needed to know it was all right to look at the idea, so that he could know he didn't. See my update below for more.....

Quote:
You know what else I love? How we're all finding our life purpose and helping each other out!! It's a beautiful community we have here -- it's purely magical and it gives me tingles!!!

I feel like whatever I need I can find it here, from a homeopathy practicioner, to astrologer, to business ideas and feedback, and to finding friends in far-off places!!!

What a MAJOR BUZZ-FEST!!!

Yeah, it's amazing, isn't it?? I mean, look at us - heading towards 1000 posts in a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei
I tend toward passionate extremism, so probably not.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna
ok you guys aren't very chatty this evening. So what did everyone do today?
Ds and I had an amazing, very long, musical day! It was the next part of the chamber music festival. Ds had (starting at 9am) a half hour masterclass, a concert to listen to, a 50 minute trio coaching, lunch, another trio coaching, an accompaniment class, and a performance. He loved it! He was just reveling in the music and kept his concentration all day (well, he was a bit antsy after lunch but he was in a very small, very hot room). It was so cool - you can imagine that getting a 7yo and two 10yos to play together for a seven minute piece without getting lost is kind of like herding cats, but in the end they really got it together! If I may be permitted a Mommy brag - in the performance ds really kept it together! He had his eyes on the violinist the whole time and every time the violinist skipped a beat or miscounted he knew exactly what was going on and went right with him, and played so strongly that he kept them all together. Afterwards the guy sitting behind me said, "Is that your son? What an amazing gift he has to love the music so much. I'm a professional pianist and I hear lots of talented kids, but what a spirit he has - the world's going to be his oyster!" I'm sorrry to brag so much but it was just such a total joy to see how much he was loving it. I told him afterwards that I was so glad I'd let him take over the practice, becasue he'd done a MUCH better job running it than I was doing. He went to sleep listening to CDs in his room.

Oh, and the teacher for the masterclass was very "old school". At the beginning she asked him how old he was and he refused to tell her - she was very shocked (actually I found out later that he knew the age range for the festival was 10 and up and he was afraid they'd throw him out if they found out he was 7 ). She became very "do it my way" with him but I just silently sent him support vibes and he actually was very attentive and did what she asked (not something that would ahve happened before - I see he's already feeling more in control, so he was able to do that). Afterwards she said to me, "I could see right away that I needed to take control of the lesson if we were going to get any work done - I'm sure you've found the same!" I actually said to her, "Well, I've been giving him a lot of latitude lately and it's been working out great, but if that's what works for you, of course you should do what you're comfortable with - it's good for him to be able to adapt to different people's expectations!" It didn't strike me till afterwards that a couple of months ago I would have been agreeing with her! How I've changed since discovering the Loa....

There was a "parent talk" about practice and people were sharing their concerns about working with their kids - I wanted to stand up and yell "Just watch The Secret, people, and and it'll all work out!"

Quote:
Oh, and I'm totally buzzing tonight, I used REACH tonight and it was like a miracle!
Cooooooll!! That got me buzzing too!
Quote:
And then I sat with my stuff and made the bracelet I've had in mind for a week. I took some alphabet beads and spelled out "thank you" with some hearts and a bunch of pretty turquoise beads along with it. I love it My intention was that every time I looked at it I would be reminded to say "thank you" for something and it works!
Great idea!!!
#62 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 PM

Penny, thanks for re-posting... I missed that on the other thread.
And go ahead and brag! You are his mama, you get to be his #1 fan! I think that is so wonderful, that he has something he so loves to do at such a young age, and that he's clear on it and willing to work so hard. That takes a lot of confidence, to even go to an event like you describe. Good for him! And good for you! It's great to hear about all that you are learning and how you're applying it.

So now I'm sitting here imagining I'm playing the piano we'll manifest to go in the house we're manifesting! Ahhhhh....!
#63 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 PM

Tara (CC), what a lovely list of great news! I'm so happy for you! Shorter commute is the best thing! When we moved last summer, dh's commute which had been an hour each way (lots longer in rush hour traffic) was cut in half! Plus some changes at one of his jobs means he spends much less time there (same money) so we have way more family time, and he has more time to relax, all of which is fantastic.
#64 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:11 PM

Hello!

This week I intend to...

Finish the document at work that will get me a raise and promotion
Have fun with DS when we are home together on Thursday and Friday
Declutter my house as much as possible
Enjoy each day

Have a great week everyone!
#65 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Subbing.
#66 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 PM

I'm just getting ready to try to put my almost-4 year old to bed (She does not acknowledge the time change.), but had to stop in here one more time.

Just wanted to say this thread is so wonderful! All these LoA threads! I was rather stressed this weekend, but now, after watching the Secret DVD with Esther Hicks (we originally just had the second version of it, DH just got the first one today) and then coming here I know I will have lots of good dreams.

Great way to end the day!

Oh, and I'm glad some of ya'll are re-posting what you've already said. Very helpful--thank you!:
#67 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 PM

Man, I can't believe it.

The book is almost done! Holy cow!

Oh dear, oh dear, I have to write press releases. I have to figure out how to upload my book. I have to get ready to make announcements. I have to... oh boy.

*throws her hands up in the air and tries not to panic*

OMG OMG OMG :
#68 of 787 Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 PM

Four pages I, um, skimmed :

I re-listened to the Hale Dwoskin download and liked the chat a lot better this time. Maybe I needed to listen twice to get it. He sounds like a really sweet guy And the Sedona method stuff - still wow I did it again for a different issue. The thing is (this is so cool!) but at this point in the game, I just don't have many pressing emotional issues! When I first heard this I had to actually search my brain to find something that was bothering me I still have some things but they are all minor annoyances as opposed to the Big Serious Issues I had months ago (or, more to the point, thought I had months ago ). But still, why live with minor annoyances either? I'm going to do the method every day this week. I'll pick something to work on each day and just spend 5/10 (whatever) minutes on it and see how that works. That's my plan for the week
#69 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:32 AM

What a glorious day! It was sunny, and almost all of the snow has melted as a result of the beautiful temps we've had, and I'm just so full of joy! I hope you are all living in a "gloriosity of beauty", too! (Someone once referred to DD that way, as a "gloriosity of beauty", and it just seems like such a perfect LOA term for every amazing day.)

This week I intend to:

*enjoy every peaceful, harmonious, FUN day with my kids
*enjoy my husband, and continue to revel in the amazing thing that is his rediscovery of himself ... and of the joy and FUN that is life
*begin the reading for my doula and CBE certifications with MUCH excitement
*laugh as much as possible
*appreciate my whole and healthy body, and treat it with love and respect including eating mindfully and movin', movin', movin' to the GROOVE of my song
*declutter, declutter, declutter (which I am LOVING, btw -- I get such a buzz!) and take at least three car loads to Goodwill
*finish all of my current knitting projects so that I can cast on for something for new and exciting
*write in my Gratitude Journal and Book Of Positive Aspects every day
*celebrate every day in a place of openness and gratitude, in abundance, abundance, and nothing but abundance

Devon, thanks so much for reposting that. (And Pat, too, actually!) I just love that post!!! It's like being hit in the head, isn't it?!? Ever see Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail? Remember that scene with the monks who go around chanting, and then hitting themselves in the head with boards? (Scenes, actually.) That's what some of those "a-ha" moments seem like to me. Like, well somebody just hit me in the head with a board, cause DUH! The point is to HAVE FUN?!? Be happy right now?!? Well, DUH!!

And speaking of Fannie Flagg ... I love her! Watching Fried Green Tomatoes is like a big shot of happy for me. I haven't read any of her books in awhile (I've been immersed in parenting books, and birth education books, and now LOA books ... I haven't wanted to read much fiction lately), but I always love her characters and her sense of humor. And she's allllllll about having fun and loving life!

Pat, that post you copied really resonated with me. You might remember that I posted in the February thread (or was it January?) about DS2 and the frustration I've felt, and the guilt over my past feelings of just not liking being his mom, and the despair. Anyway, for the longest time with him, I was in that place of just thinking, "if we can only get through this phase". And then, when the next phase would start, I'd be thinking it again ... "if we can only get through this phase". I was constantly holding out for future peace, future joy, future "right living". And then, I realized one day that I was going to wake up to find him an adult, and to know that I'd missed out on his whole life with me because I was always just waiting for the end of the current phase, and never enjoying RIGHT NOW! So then I started to feel guilty about that, too. And I wanted to change it, but felt like I was stuck, like I didn't know how to start right now.

But it's just as you said, the difference between operating from fear, and operating from love and trust and acceptance of the moment. And valuing joy is really such a huge part of that! Valuing it enough to look for it every day, in every situation, to seek it out everywhere, as much as you can! To actually CREATE it! As you said, it's a major paradigm shift. But it's so amazing to see with new eyes!!!

Amris, I would second MLW's ideas about adding raw dairy and eggs and lots of high quality fats to your diet! Check out www.eatwild.com , www.realmilk.com , and www.localharvest.com for possible resources for raw milk and pastured (organic) eggs in your area. Also, see if there is a local Weston A. Price Foundation chapter -- they can give you leads for resources, too (even if you don't want anything to do with the nutritional philosophy). They might even have a Yahoo group. That's how I found the one nearest to me, initially. As MLW mentioned, organic, extra-virgin coconut oil would be a FANTASTIC addition to your diet. It is sooooo good for you, and babe.

Linda, it sure must be fun to be you right now! Seriously, it just sounds so exciting, these amazing new opportunities and the chance to jump into a new place and new job for your DH and new avenues for you to explore!!! Wow! I'm all excited, and I'm not even the one doing it.

Tara (captain crunchy), what a great weekend! So, so, so awesome!!

I am manifesting some amazing things in my life, some long term things. The most amazing thing I'm manifesting is the contentment with the long term part of that! Like, I know it's going to be just phenomenal, and it's okay for me that it's not going to be an instantaneous thing. The JOURNEY is phenomenal!!!! A-HA!!!! All is well, all is well, and all is well!! WOOT!!!

A big part of my A-HAs and my manfiestations have to do with finally figuring out what I want to be when I grow up! I'm going to post in the "What If" thread, and you all will see what I mean. It's so huge, for me, to have that direction, that sense of purpose, and to be mindfully co-creating that life! :

(I know, I know ... I think the !!! key is just permanently stuck on my keyboard from my overuse. I'm so darned excited.)
#70 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Penny - thank you for reposting. You brag away! How exciting for your ds - and what a mature, really cool kiddo you are raising. Reading your journey with him gives me so much hope about my relationship with my oldest. I feel in many ways I could have made different (read: better) decisions regarding not working when he was little, not weaning him early, etc., and sometimes I worry that there had been irrevercable (totally spelling there) "damage" ... but reading your journey reminds me that nothing is permanent ... relationships can be fixed, built, and can thrive even if the beginnings or middles weren't the greatest.

Amris - Deep breaths. Deep breaths. In the words of Pat, "All is well." to you as well.

Welcome to all the new "faces"! and

More but nak'ing

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#71 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 AM

One more thing. Can someone recommend a book for a Feng Shui beginner? The one that you mentioned, Devon, seems to be more about decluttering than the basics of Feng Shui. (Correct me if I am wrong.) I feel like I've got decluttering down, so now I want a Feng Shui primer to work with the stuff I do still own. KWIM?
#72 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:40 AM

Hey guys, there's now an abe-hicks forum on their site!
#73 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33
One more thing. Can someone recommend a book for a Feng Shui beginner? The one that you mentioned, Devon, seems to be more about decluttering than the basics of Feng Shui. (Correct me if I am wrong.) I feel like I've got decluttering down, so now I want a Feng Shui primer to work with the stuff I do still own. KWIM?
Ooo ... I loved the one Devon mentioned; it definitely help light my declutter fire. A good basic Feng Shui is The Western Guide to Feng Shui by Terah Kathryn Collins.

#74 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 AM

kdmama33,

It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be!! What a profound feeling of joy. I remember once hearing a quote "work is only work when you'd rather be somewhere else". Just think how cool it is when *joy is when you are exactly where you need to be!* It is quite a trip to be aware that we can choose to be exactly where we want to be: pi$$ed or happy. And we can choose *trust* or *fear*. It is VERY empowering!! :

Pat

I have a blog.
#75 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
kdmama33,

It sounds like you are exactly where you need to be!! What a profound feeling of joy. I remember once hearing a quote "work is only work when you'd rather be somewhere else". Just think how cool it is when *joy is when you are exactly where you need to be!* It is quite a trip to be aware that we can choose to be exactly where we want to be: pi$$ed or happy. And we can choose *trust* or *fear*. It is VERY empowering!! :

Pat
That bears repeating!

#76 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Man, I can't believe it.

The book is almost done! Holy cow!

Oh dear, oh dear, I have to write press releases. I have to figure out how to upload my book. I have to get ready to make announcements. I have to... oh boy.

*throws her hands up in the air and tries not to panic*

OMG OMG OMG :
Amris, your journey with this book is one of the great LoA examples I quote to people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post
What a glorious day! It was sunny, and almost all of the snow has melted as a result of the beautiful temps we've had, and I'm just so full of joy! I hope you are all living in a "gloriosity of beauty", too! (Someone once referred to DD that way, as a "gloriosity of beauty", and it just seems like such a perfect LOA term for every amazing day.)
I love that! Thank you!
Quote:
Pat, that post you copied really resonated with me. You might remember that I posted in the February thread (or was it January?) about DS2 and the frustration I've felt, and the guilt over my past feelings of just not liking being his mom, and the despair. Anyway, for the longest time with him, I was in that place of just thinking, "if we can only get through this phase". And then, when the next phase would start, I'd be thinking it again ... "if we can only get through this phase". I was constantly holding out for future peace, future joy, future "right living". And then, I realized one day that I was going to wake up to find him an adult, and to know that I'd missed out on his whole life with me because I was always just waiting for the end of the current phase, and never enjoying RIGHT NOW! So then I started to feel guilty about that, too. And I wanted to change it, but felt like I was stuck, like I didn't know how to start right now.

But it's just as you said, the difference between operating from fear, and operating from love and trust and acceptance of the moment. And valuing joy is really such a huge part of that! Valuing it enough to look for it every day, in every situation, to seek it out everywhere, as much as you can! To actually CREATE it! As you said, it's a major paradigm shift. But it's so amazing to see with new eyes!!!
It's really amazing when so much hope springs up, isn't it!?

My friend the LoA queen says that if her son shows any qualitites she doesn't like, she just doesn't give them any energy and they go away. She just focuses on all the stuff she DOES like, and it expands.

The other thing is being grateful for it all. I've learned to be really grateful for the challenges my ds gives me, because I've learned so much from them. Without them I might have carried on thinking that I was doing a great job even when I wasn't. AND I've realized that some of the qualitites that make him challenging are actually his greatest gifts. For example, his strong will can drive us nuts. But that determination and persistence are actually fabulous assets. And combined with his confidence (and believe me, that can be an exhausting combination for the adults in his life! ) , it creates a personality that's vivid enough to light up a room. You can't NOT notice him, and while I sometimes feel uncomfortable about that (because he doesn't yet have all the tact or self-control that will modify it), I've realized that's my issue, not his.

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Penny - thank you for reposting. You brag away! How exciting for your ds - and what a mature, really cool kiddo you are raising. Reading your journey with him gives me so much hope about my relationship with my oldest. I feel in many ways I could have made different (read: better) decisions regarding not working when he was little, not weaning him early, etc., and sometimes I worry that there had been irrevercable (totally spelling there) "damage" ... but reading your journey reminds me that nothing is permanent ... relationships can be fixed, built, and can thrive even if the beginnings or middles weren't the greatest.
I also feel that I've made it so much harder than it needed to be. And I'm surprised at myself, because I think I really got it right up till the time he was about 3 1/2. But I'm so happy about the future, and it feels so joyful to see it working already. It's still a work in progress, of course, but at least now we're going forwards!
#77 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 AM

I yelled at dd tonight just before she went back to sleep and now I can't sleep.
She was afraid.

I have made great strides in the patience department and now I feel like I totally blew it. I feel like the suckiest parent on earth. Of course I *know* this isn't true but I still feel like it.

#78 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 01:31 AM

Annikate,

Patience isn't necessary when we are in the moment. If we are pre-occupied with regrets or worries, we are distracted from the now. Can you take some time to give yourself the "time" that you felt you were missing? To refill yourself. Because we can not serve others from an empty vessel.

One of my mantras when ds is moving s-l-o-w-l-y is 'there is plenty of time, there is plenty of time, there is plenty of time'. Time is just a construct. In fact we just "changed time" to prove it. You can create "time" with your self-talk.

Pat

I have a blog.
#79 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 AM

I jsut want to add a little appreciation for my dh. He had promised ds a fairly big (computer-related) birthday present, but he discovered today that for technological reasons (as in, ds's computer is old and obsolete, being one of dh's business cast-offs) it was going to cost him way, WAY more than he thought to make it work. So he actually decided he was going to go without some major upgrades that he needed so that he could get what ds needed and not break his promise.

Also, he told me today that he was shelving the business idea that we might have done together to work on the thing that's really close to his heart, writing a book about his scholarly project. On the face of it this might seem crazy, because it doesn't guarantee any income, but I just KNOW it's the right thing to do, because it's following his bliss. I felt such a weight lifted when he told me that. I KNOW this is right. I realized I also had felt on my shoulders the weight of the question of whether I was going to commit to the other thing (which wasn't entirely clear to either of us), and so now I feel much freer. Now I feel I have the mental space to figure out my path without worrying about feeling possibly obliged to something in the future that didn't have a lot of clarity at this point anyway.

I'm so happy and grateful that I'm achieving clarity about my life path!
#80 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I yelled at dd tonight just before she went back to sleep and now I can't sleep.
She was afraid.

I have made great strides in the patience department and now I feel like I totally blew it. I feel like the suckiest parent on earth. Of course I *know* this isn't true but I still feel like it.

:

Go into her room and tell her how much you love her. She'll know even if she's fast asleep.

Also, here's an energy healing technique you can do even while she's asleep. On the same side, wrap one hand around her elbow and one hand around the outside of her leg immediately below the knee. Hold gently and breathe till you feel a release (you ll find yourself sighing or coughin as the enegy shifts). Then do the other side. This calms the "triple warmer" circuit, which is involved in the fight-or-flight response.

Also, make large figure 8s in the air over her body. This is supposed to help the aura. Both of these are form "Energy Medicine" by Donna Eden. I bet you would find it a good read!

Our energy healer told us that ds's triple warmer was constantly on red alert, and that's probably why he was acting obstinate and controlling (because on some level he felt out of control. He generally won't let me do this stuff to him, but I can get away with it while he's asleep!
#81 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 AM

Great posts, everyone. Pat, that post really spoke to me. I needed to see that tonight!

My intentions this week:
-declutter my stuff
-firm up ground transportation for travel plans (this is weird -- I'm flying to visit friends and family in TN on April 17 -- I hadn't known about the treasure mapping thing when I bought the tickets)
-enjoy each day with dh and ds
-foster a warm womb for baby on the way during my 2week wait
-eat delicious healthy food that's easy for me to prepare and is nourishing and positive for me and ds
Turning over to the universe:
-getting ds to declutter his toys and clothes
-dh getting a large raise and promotion
-money in our bank account for buying a new bed for ds
-someone to either fix or take my grandmother's dining room table

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#82 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 02:46 AM

Annikate. I do it too sometimes. It's a sign on the dashboard saying that something needs taking care of. You.

What is the Sedona method?

Congrats Devon on all the +news. I totally see you meeting a really hot, cool, awesome guy on that trip and building a wonderful life with him.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#83 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Annikate. I do it too sometimes. It's a sign on the dashboard saying that something needs taking care of. You.

What is the Sedona method?

Congrats Devon on all the +news. I totally see you meeting a really hot, cool, awesome guy on that trip and building a wonderful life with him.
www.sedona.com

Good stuff!
#84 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 AM

Right now what I'm most into manifesting is more resources for my current intensive learning phase. I stumbled across the forum I posted about, and someone also hooked me up with the local Abraham-Hicks group which is meeting this coming Tuesday... and they have a lending library! I'd also like to manifest a friend or two who is interested in this particular stuff, but also just compatable as a friend. Hm I think I'll write a more specific description in my journal

It's been odd to ride the surges of inspiration/frustration/satisfaction/inspiration on this one... There's a lot of energy behind it!
#85 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 AM

I've been away for a bit...I'm caught up on this thread, still need to read (er, skim) the last thread. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Check out Taradactyl.
She has recently manifested this for herself!
Whoa, whoa, what?! What did I miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
Devon I think you're going to meet your fabulous guy while you're on your trip. (more incentive to GO!) Won't it make a great story?
I've thought so since you've started mentioning the trip you'd like to take, too. I think it's one of the reasons you feel such a strong urge to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Before I start responding to Penny, can whoever manifested Yahoo! Mail not working PLEASE fix it??? :
Yahoo drove me nuts, too- I got Gmail and love it. Want an invite?

Quote:
kdmama33,
I remember once hearing a quote "work is only work when you'd rather be somewhere else".
This is interesting and very true...I'm going to be making a few decisions in the next few days and need to remember this.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#86 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I re-listened to the Hale Dwoskin download and liked the chat a lot better this time. Maybe I needed to listen twice to get it. He sounds like a really sweet guy And the Sedona method stuff - still wow I did it again for a different issue. The thing is (this is so cool!) but at this point in the game, I just don't have many pressing emotional issues! When I first heard this I had to actually search my brain to find something that was bothering me I still have some things but they are all minor annoyances as opposed to the Big Serious Issues I had months ago (or, more to the point, thought I had months ago ). But still, why live with minor annoyances either? I'm going to do the method every day this week. I'll pick something to work on each day and just spend 5/10 (whatever) minutes on it and see how that works. That's my plan for the week
Shannon, isn't it great to not have a lot of annoying stuff to work on releasing? I thought the same thing. Wheee! And I agree, he sounds very sweet. I get a definite gentle vibe from him.

Here's the deal... You can use this on positive stuff too! Use it to accept affirmations. So instead of 'could I release this' choose 'could I believe this'.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#87 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 09:49 AM

Pat and Penny and Pookietooth,
Thank you.

Penny, that sounds much like what our craniosacral therapist taught me to do. I'm going to go get that book. It sounds interesting. I did go sit by her last night and whispered in her ear how much I love her.

DD is just fine today. And today is a new day!

#88 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
DD is just fine today. And today is a new day!

This bears repeating. Today is a new day. Every today is a new day! Woohoo!!

(Glad you're feeling more centered this morning, mama! )
#89 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon
Life is too damn short not to be happy RIGHT NOW. The whole PURPOSE of life is to BE HAPPY. Everything you aspire toward, all your goals, are leading to one thing -- HAPPINESS. So there is NO REASON TO WAIT. No reason to think, "I will be happy when..." or "I would be so happy if..."
Thank you for reposting! I missed last week! :

The thing is, I know this, and yet I need to keep re-reading it. It is so easy for me to get caught up in getting ready for what is about to happen, or get stressed about everything that I need to do. The next 10 days or so are going to be about preparing for a huge change and I want to hold on to the fact that I can be happy NOW, while we get ready, while we declutter and make phone calls and tell people we will miss them etc, and get t he house ready to rent, and what ever else it is that I need to do. I still can choose to be happy TODAY. I can choose to be happy THIS MINUTE.

I choose to live in the moment while I get ready for the things that are about to happen!

Quote:
Patience isn't necessary when we are in the moment. If we are pre-occupied with regrets or worries, we are distracted from the now. Can you take some time to give yourself the "time" that you felt you were missing? To refill yourself. Because we can not serve others from an empty vessel.

One of my mantras when ds is moving s-l-o-w-l-y is 'there is plenty of time, there is plenty of time, there is plenty of time'. Time is just a construct. In fact we just "changed time" to prove it. You can create "time" with your self-talk.
I really like this. (Of course, I like ALL your post!) I'm not sure how to apply these thoughts about time when I have a list of things that I need to do. This isn't about my kids for me, but about being patient with myself (if that makes sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
I jsut want to add a little appreciation for my dh. ... So he actually decided he was going to go without some major upgrades that he needed so that he could get what ds needed and not break his promise.
...Also, he told me today that he was shelving the business idea that we might have done together to work on the thing that's really close to his heart,
WOW! I now from the other threads how HUGE all this is for you! Congrads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post
declutter, declutter, declutter (which I am LOVING, btw -- I get such a buzz!) and take at least three car loads to Goodwill
I cannot believe how many of us are decluttering this week!

We should keep talking about how great it is to declutter so that we can keep each other's buzz going. I want all the things that we are finished with out of our lives. I want to release it because I know that it will open up space in our lives for new things, and that it will give me more time. For me because everything we keep I have to unpack in a couple of weeks and then find a home for, but I think that clutter eats away at everyone's time by making it hard to find the things we want and making it hard to keep our homes clean. Clutter makes it hard to be patient with our kids.

Quote:
Linda, it sure must be fun to be you right now! Seriously, it just sounds so exciting, these amazing new opportunities and the chance to jump into a new place and new job for your DH and new avenues for you to explore!!! Wow! I'm all excited, and I'm not even the one doing it.

I am manifesting some amazing things in my life, some long term things. The most amazing thing I'm manifesting is the contentment with the long term part of that! Like, I know it's going to be just phenomenal, and it's okay for me that it's not going to be an instantaneous thing. The JOURNEY is phenomenal!!!! A-HA!!!! All is well, all is well, and all is well!! WOOT!!!
I started on this path the first of Dec, and my DH joined me around the end of Dec. The most amazing thing that I manifested at first was happiness, the simple ability to enjoy my life and let go of the past. I was clinically depressed when I started loa so curing myself without meds was huge.

Jan. and Feb. were months of growth in understanding, gratitude, and manifesting little things like cups of coffee and enjoying my life. DH and I changed our eating habits and found ways we enjoyed exercising. And now so much is happening EACH DAY that it is amazing. We are living in the magic of life.

later!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#90 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 AM

There is a thing that bothers me a lot about American culture.

That is the fact that we make "mistakes" out to be "the end all." Once I make a mistake in my diet, why, I just as well throw the whole diet out and just BINGE.

Once I make a mistake in my parenting, why, my child will be ruined for LIFE.

Once I make a mistake in attempting to learn a new hobby, well, that one wasn't for me anyway, I obviously SUCK AT IT.

Ever just sat and watched a baby learning to walk? How often does that baby fall down? Over and over again. Yet it NEVER occurs to this little one that walking must be impossible, and that s/he should give up.

Nope, indeed, s/he just hops up, and waddles over to run into a wall or a table or a chair or two.

Our natural state is not to assume that when we make a mistake (or even a series of them), that we are now incompetent and incapable.

Or a bad parent.

That there one time that I couldn't get to baby immediately when she cried, nor that there one time I supplemented with formula, nor the fact that i used disposables, nor the fact that that there one time I swore in front of her.... makes me a bad, useless parent.

And it ain't gonna ruin my child's life.

Honest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page