Forum Jump: 

#121 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Speaking of realizations and EFT, hehe.

I started to EFT some of the things that make me feel guilty.

I tend to really put off doing my housework until the evening, and do other things in the day. Which makes me feel guilty.

As I've been releasing these feelings of guilt, I am suddenly interested in cleaning my house, LOL.

Cool, huh.
I gotta learn more about this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b View Post

I did the same thing! My dd just learned the word "hand". I was sitting last night on the couch with dd on my lap having a conversation with dh. DD kept grabbing my hand and putting it up against hers and saying "hand". I was like "yes sweetie, it's your hand" and was still trying to talk to dh. She started getting increasingly agitated and I couldn't figure out what she wanted. She eventually started grabbing my hand and painfully pulling my fingers apart. I yelled at her to cut it out. : She looked at me and her little lip started to quiver and she looked so hurt. Then I realized that she wanted me to rub her little hand to help her go to sleep (I do this often). I felt so terrible and apologized profusely and gave her lots of hugs and kisses. I still feel like a pile of crap about it.
One of the most painfull lessons we teach our children is that sometimes people who love each other unintentionally hurt each other. It doesn't mean they don't love each other. It means they made a mistake. And we apologize when we do that and try to make it better if possible.

This is really an important lesson in interpersonal relationships. If we were "perfect" parents, it would actually hurt our children!
#122 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatanya View Post
I love the switchwords too! And as for your 1 and 2 personalities, they fit birth order personality traits exactly. I had a guy in my store who was just mesmerizing talking to me about the difference between 1's and 2's and he was so right on the money. The most interesting thing he told me was to give 1's as little direction as possible, they take it as you're not trusting them, and to load 2's up on it, they take it as loving attention.

On the switchwords, did you unlock the book or did you buy a papercopy? I found that the book she based it on is back in print and have been unable to decide which to buy.
I've browsed through the birth order book before and yes, it seems spot on.

I got the switchwords e-book and I bought a copy too. They're very different. The e-book is more practical while the paper copy explains how they work and how the author discovered them.

I keep saying that when I have time to focus my mind more fully I'll post about what I'm learning from the books. It's really pretty interesting.
#123 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Speaking of EFT - -
Is that the clip of the guy poking at his forehead, cheeks and chin?

I'm not really making fun, I'm just trying to remember. All you mamas post SO much good stuff I can't keep track.

I really want to learn about holosync and the other thing you're talking about but :

Once my site is done I'll have more time!
#124 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Barefoot mama -- great post! You ARE so worthwhile!

Penny -- hugs to you.

mama-b-- been there, done that. Is it possible never to yell again? I'd sure love to never yell and still have authentic feelings. My mom was a yeller and while I would not say I'm a "yeller," I yell more than I'd like (which would be never). Any inspiring stories from mamas that used to yell?

Here are some good Daily Grooves from Scott Noelle that I dug up for me and anyone else who might like them:

:: The 51% Principle ::

On your parenting journey, remember that 100%
perfection is not required for success. In fact, 51%
is enough to guarantee *progress*.

And as a leading-edge parent, progress *is* success.
There is no final state of perfection; you'll always
be progressing.

Just as an election can be won with only 51% of the
vote, you've got lots of room for error. So just relax
and look for ways to emphasize and focus on what *is*
working. :-)

AND

:: No Regrets ::

As you progress and become a wiser parent, you may at
times feel regret that you didn't "know better" when
your children were younger. You may even feel guilty
for "damaging" them. If so, let Mother Nature inspire
you to a more hopeful perspective.

Have you ever explored a wild forest and appreciated
the awesome way in which Life springs forth from the
chaos? Then you know Mother Nature never regrets. She
learns as she goes and always makes the best of things
as they are. She never looks back.

When a tree takes root in the shadows, Mother Nature
doesn't regret giving it a "sub-optimum" start in
life. She trusts it will bend toward the Light and
find a way to thrive. And in doing so, the tree
creates its own unique beauty.

She knows that no storm, flood, or fire can stop the
endless Flow of Life through her children.

I find these both so beautiful and comforting. Esp the 51% one, 'cause I do know I'm making better percentages than that.

And you know what else? WE'RE ALL AWESOME MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#125 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:45 PM

And Whimsy, I like what you said about "being perfect actually hurting our children." Whew! That's a relief!

#126 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Jen, that's awesome! What a great post!

That's called the Place Mat Process, and it's on page 211 in Ask and it is Given. (You'll want to know that in a couple days.) Here's a link to a description of how to do it: http://whatanicewebsite.com/Connee/placemat.htm
Thanks! I made my list for today as soon as I read it
#127 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM

barefoot mama - I've had some WOW moments too that I think, well of course I knew that, it's nothing new, but somehow it is ALL new now. Am I making any sense?

Here's one example: I was talking with my inner spirit the other night about love (since this is what I am focusing on learning about.)

Here's how the conversation went:
IS:"Love is Service."
ME: How can I serve?
IS: Love

Now I know that might even sound kind of but for ME it is a breakthrough. Even though I've *known* it I guess. I mean, I've read people saying that, Mother Teresa said it all the time. But now it's personal and so it has more meaning.

Kate - My mom was a yeller too and I never really thought of myself as a yeller (I'm really a pretty quiet, calm person) but when I do deviate from my center, I YELL. I don't want to, it's an automatic response. An out-of-body type thing.

Good news is, I don't have to be perfect! (Even though I want to.) :
#128 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
The first hour we were there, we sold ONLY those cookies! It was a great reminder for me that LOA isn't about getting rich and skinny, but about manifesting everything that we need on a daily basis.
Memiles -- that is AWESOME!!! Soooooo cool. And I love trefoils. :0

[QUOTE=dharmama;7527834The night he told me he lost his job we had a special dinner, bottle of wine and toasted to new beginings. [/QUOTE]

Dharmama-- this is SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and sooooooo inspiring. THIS is the definition of SUCCESSFUL!!! I'm moved...

Also wanted to give a belated welcome to Annalily, May May, and Noorjahan.
Welcome to the best threads on MDC!

#129 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I got the switchwords e-book and I bought a copy too. They're very different. The e-book is more practical while the paper copy explains how they work and how the author discovered them.
I've been meaning to ask you if you noticed the typo on the back of the James Mangan book. (I assume we have the same edition.) Under 'The Positive Force' it says:

"This is the side of your personality that strives for peach, love, happiness and achievement."

#130 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Oh, man! This is so cool to see Hemi-Sync and EFT ALSO being discussed in the LoA thread!

I have one question about the switchwords - where can I learn more about them? I keep seeing the lists but can't find the 'instructions'. How are they to be used? TIA.
#131 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM

There is an old saying:
"Once you have tasted freedom, there is no going back!
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Catgirl
He also said I've given him some control, that it's not enough and he wants to be completely in control, etc. etc. : HELP!! I am so not ready for radical unschooling etc. etc.....

I'm trying not to think "oh, dh will just LOVE this (NOT!)" and re-stating, "dh and I are perfect partners in parenting."
I would seek to reflect about 'what are my fears?'. And try to release them, in order that all of your needs can be held together, without the what if's that controlling another attempts to avoid.

I trust that we each have our own path, none is the teacher of what is right for another. I trust that by choosing to relate to others without fear that our needs are in conflict, it opens us to solutions which address both of our needs. It isn't necessary to control others in an effort to get them to do the "right" thing, because their path is not our own. I desire for a non-adversarial partnership as a trusted adviser, which depends upon the "authority" of my wisdom, not obedience or compliance. I believe that cooperation can be engaged to solve shared problems. And that I am not the authority for another's life. I don't believe that anyone *has to* do anything they don't want to do, and this is how I choose to honor everyone autonomy over their own lives.

There are solutions which manifest without compulsion or control of others. Be open to observing, connecting and reflecting, instead of feeling that you have to determine the "how" to make it all work. This space will help to open up the possibilities, when we aren't directing the solution.

There is plenty of time! All is well.

Pat

I have a blog.
#132 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Speaking of EFT - -

I'm not really making fun, I'm just trying to remember. All you mamas post SO much good stuff I can't keep track.

I really want to learn about holosync and the other thing you're talking about but :

Yep, that was the guy doing EFT.

I know what you mean about trying to keep up with all this good stuff. I'm forever bookmarking websites, getting books out of the library, etc. But there's just not enough time to delve into it all as deeply as I'd like - and I'm a SAHM with only one child. So I know a little about a lot of different things, but I don't know a lot about any one thing. :

I'm on the way to the library to pick up yet another book that someone mentioned today that sounded interesting. ('Energy Medicine' by Donna Eden)
#133 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM

Can someone, pretty please, once more provide the link for the hemi-holo-happy-sync thingie?? Thank you! :

#134 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Can someone, pretty please, once more provide the link for the hemi-holo-happy-sync thingie?? Thank you! :
www.centerpointe.com

ETA: OOOhhhh!! This ws my 500th post! :bounce
#135 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM

THANK YOU! and HAPPY 500TH!

#136 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 PM

I skimmed most of today. The discussions hit home for me today.

I am feeling very challenged by DS's behavior lately. I figured it was the stomach bug but now he's been better for 2-3 days and he's still acting this way. He screams for 5-10 mins straight when I tell him no to anything. I feel like my head might explode from listening to him scream all afternoon for candy. I let him have one piece and then said "no only one a day" and he lost it.

I keep second guessing my instincts on handling "tantrums" and I just am not sure about how to be the best mom for him in situations like these. I hate putting him in front of the TV, but sometimes that is the only thing that calms him down. I try to come up with fun or creative or physical activities for us to do together and lots of times they end in a battle like this. My parents turned everything into a battle with us kids and I do not want to do this with my kids.

Does anyone have any insight on how to difuse situations like these that have potential to become battles in a peaceful way? I really am open to any and all suggestions. I mean what I say when I say I am unsure what to do in situations like this.

Maybe this should be on a different thread. Let me know if I need to ask elsewhere.

Annikate I'm feeling what you posted about yesterday.

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#137 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
barefoot mama - I've had some WOW moments too that I think, well of course I knew that, it's nothing new, but somehow it is ALL new now. Am I making any sense?

Here's one example: I was talking with my inner spirit the other night about love (since this is what I am focusing on learning about.)

Here's how the conversation went:
IS:"Love is Service."
ME: How can I serve?
IS: Love

Now I know that might even sound kind of but for ME it is a breakthrough. Even though I've *known* it I guess. I mean, I've read people saying that, Mother Teresa said it all the time. But now it's personal and so it has more meaning.
I know just what you mean. There's a huge difference between knowing something and really *Knowing*.
#138 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Taradactyl---here's a link I received in an email lately about tantrums. Not sure I agree with all of it, but it's worth a read:
http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com/how...mper-tantrums/

#139 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
mama_b... I will just repeat what I said above. Our kids love us, and they understand.

Penny... I just called Holosync and asked about transfering to an MP3 player. They said that you'd need to transfer in AIFF or WAV format for sure, but she still couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't lose some effectiveness. She said they do have ppl that use it that way, but the only way they guarantee it is straight from the disk. I guess I'll try doing this with the sample CD and see if it feels any different when listening to it.
Thank you for taking the time to call them and post about it. I had uploaded the Holosync onto iTunes and was listening in bed, but I wasn't getting much from it ... now it makes sense as to why (and I had the thought previously about simply "recording" it would miss the underlying stuff). So, I'm going to put one of our small boom boxes next to the chair and just plug in my headphones there. Not as convinient, but it'll work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
I gotta learn more about this....

One of the most painfull lessons we teach our children is that sometimes people who love each other unintentionally hurt each other. It doesn't mean they don't love each other. It means they made a mistake. And we apologize when we do that and try to make it better if possible.

This is really an important lesson in interpersonal relationships. If we were "perfect" parents, it would actually hurt our children!
Yep! My best friend and I were just talking about this today ... we need to show our children that we all make mistakes; it's how we handle those mistakes that counts ... what do we do *afterwards* speaks volumes compared to the original mistake.

Quote:
Speaking of EFT - -

I was going to link you to the video, but the link says the video has surpassed it's allowed viewing or something like that. Here is the link directly to EFT.

So, I had a major AH HA moment today while drying my hair. I think I've mentioned that my biggest affirmation and manifestation right now is my health - I am completely healthy and whole. And, up until now, despite everything I've been doing, it's not working (diet, supplements, nutrition in general, acupuncture, etc.). Up until now, I haven't felt improvement. So, over the weekend I worked with Jen (barefootmama) on a constitutional remedy and am very excited because what I ordered from her recommendation is on the way! And, I gave up grains, which should help as well.

BUT, and here is the big AH HA moment. I realized today that UP UNTIL NOW I have feared being healthy.

It hit me like a lightbulb. I realized that being unwell (mostly emotionally though I have physical symptoms too - namely constant sinus pressure/congestion/headaches) is my "trump card" so to speak that ensures there is someone to take care of me. You see, my parents divorced when I was seven. My mom went from being home full time to working full time. I was at a babysitter's in the morning and afternoon until she got home. Eventually I hit 6th grade and became a "latch-key kid". The only time that my mom was home (during the week) was when I was sick. So, I believe I started subconsciously associating being sick (physically and emotionally - depression) with being taken care of ... this has carried over to my dh. He takes amazing care of me. There have been a few times this school year that I have felt so badly (mostly emotionally) that he has come home early from school to tend to me and the boys. I realized I fear being well because then maybe I won't have someone to care for me, to take care of me, and to be here when I need them. Suddenly maybe people in my life will feel "free" to abandon me if I'm well because I won't need them anymore. Does this make sense? It is such a huge revelation for me ... I'm really excited. (I think my Inner Being was talking to me even though I wasn't talking to her. ) I have been at my wits end as to why I'm not feeling the healing affects of what I do ... I keep trying to think of the next thing I have to do to get well ... I'm running out of ideas! And then today it's like an angel floated down upon my shoulder and whispered in my ear ... that up until now I've been afraid to be well.

So ... now I need to let go of this fear and I'm not entirely sure how to. It feels so engrained ... is EFT enough? Jen, if you are reading, think the homeopathic remedy might help me let go of it? Maybe the Holosync ... I want to drop this fear like a bad habit! I want it gone. I want to be completely whole and healthy!!!

I AM COMPLETELY HEALTHY
AND WHOLE!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#140 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Oh, does someone have the link to the You Tube video of the affirmations from The Secret ... with the neat music behind? I can't find it in my favorites.

Nevermind, here it is. I remembered it came up when you searched The Secret on You Tube.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#141 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I've been meaning to ask you if you noticed the typo on the back of the James Mangan book. (I assume we have the same edition.) Under 'The Positive Force' it says:

"This is the side of your personality that strives for peach, love, happiness and achievement."

Funny! No, I didn't notice but ran and checked mine and yep, it's peach alright.
#142 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Just wanted to share that the work I'm doing right now feels...wow. Difficult.

I feel like up until now I've just sort of been dabbling in LoA. Celebrating the little victories...manifesting raspberry jam when I was out of it and needed some for a recipe...the right book jumping out at me in the library...the right people calling when I need them to etc.

But now...dealing with DH's unemployment and the insecurities that go along with it are really challenging me.

I'm SO restless today. I've lost patience with the kids way too much. Argued with DH over nothing this morning. Then just while I was cooking dinner...I was like...what is this restlessness???? Oh right...our whole world is changing (and on top of that we changed the clocks this weekend .

I feel like I have to re-watch The Secret and re-listen to some of the CDs I explored last fall. Get back to the basics...reaching for the best possible thought in each moment.

Very interesting.
#143 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 06:53 PM

MLW---what an EMPOWERING insight!!! Good for you, you healthy, thriving mama!!!

So is it the holosync demo everyone's talking about? I ordered that. Anyone buy the first round of CD's?

#144 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM

MLW! That is just... WOW! Really awesome! Have you listened to the Hale Dwoskin interview from the Masters of the Secret thing with Bill Harris? I think the exercise he goes through on there (Sedona Method) could help. Here's the link to the sample process on their site: http://www.sedona.com/html/Sample-Of-Process.aspx

Question for you about the Holosync program... How many CDs are there? And what's different about them? Or is it just more of the same thing? Hmmm... I wonder if your breakthrough on this was helped along by that program? Everyone I've talked to that has tried it so far says they almost immediately feel themselves open up and notice things surfacing. You know, I haven't even received my sample yet, and I'm just itching to go buy the whole program!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#145 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 PM

dharmama... It makes total sense that your current situation would feel 'bigger' than some of the other things. But you know, it's as easy to manifest a castle as a button. Just keep reminding yourself of past manifestations and think about that! (And yeah, refreshers are always good!!)

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#146 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
So, I had a major AH HA moment today while drying my hair. I think I've mentioned that my biggest affirmation and manifestation right now is my health - I am completely healthy and whole. And, up until now, despite everything I've been doing, it's not working (diet, supplements, nutrition in general, acupuncture, etc.). Up until now, I haven't felt improvement. So, over the weekend I worked with Jen (barefootmama) on a constitutional remedy and am very excited because what I ordered from her recommendation is on the way! And, I gave up grains, which should help as well.

BUT, and here is the big AH HA moment. I realized today that UP UNTIL NOW I have feared being healthy.

It hit me like a lightbulb. I realized that being unwell (mostly emotionally though I have physical symptoms too - namely constant sinus pressure/congestion/headaches) is my "trump card" so to speak that ensures there is someone to take care of me. You see, my parents divorced when I was seven. My mom went from being home full time to working full time. I was at a babysitter's in the morning and afternoon until she got home. Eventually I hit 6th grade and became a "latch-key kid". The only time that my mom was home (during the week) was when I was sick. So, I believe I started subconsciously associating being sick (physically and emotionally - depression) with being taken care of ... this has carried over to my dh. He takes amazing care of me. There have been a few times this school year that I have felt so badly (mostly emotionally) that he has come home early from school to tend to me and the boys. I realized I fear being well because then maybe I won't have someone to care for me, to take care of me, and to be here when I need them. Suddenly maybe people in my life will feel "free" to abandon me if I'm well because I won't need them anymore. Does this make sense? It is such a huge revelation for me ... I'm really excited. (I think my Inner Being was talking to me even though I wasn't talking to her. ) I have been at my wits end as to why I'm not feeling the healing affects of what I do ... I keep trying to think of the next thing I have to do to get well ... I'm running out of ideas! And then today it's like an angel floated down upon my shoulder and whispered in my ear ... that up until now I've been afraid to be well.

So ... now I need to let go of this fear and I'm not entirely sure how to. It feels so engrained ... is EFT enough? Jen, if you are reading, think the homeopathic remedy might help me let go of it? Maybe the Holosync ... I want to drop this fear like a bad habit! I want it gone. I want to be completely whole and healthy!!!

I AM COMPLETELY HEALTHY
AND WHOLE!!!
That makes perfect sense!!! And it fits me like a glove. That would explain why I overreact when I feel like DH is NOT taking care of me like he should.
#147 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
That is the fact that we make "mistakes" out to be "the end all." Once I make a mistake in my diet, why, I just as well throw the whole diet out and just BINGE.
yes, there is a lack of appreciation for doing things and learning from the experiences. I love The Magic School Bus and one of my favorite quotes is Ms. Frizzle: "Get messy, make mistakes."

Quote:
Once I make a mistake in my parenting, why, my child will be ruined for LIFE.
I hear you! My oldest is 10 and I've made lots of mistakes. There are things I just didn't know at the time and other times when I failed to live up to my parenting standards. My kids are both amazing, though. We really don't have to get EVERYTHING right. It does help when we get a lot of things right, but I think that everyone here on Mothering.com has such high standards that we need to try to be mellow with ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I believe that you answered your own question. By choosing *happiness* as a priority, I can then decide 'Is this more important than happiness?' I create my own angst by choosing situations which require rushedness, hurrying and long lists of "To Do". I am learning to remember that much can be left up to the Universe, when I make Choosing Joy "my work" for the day.
I'm still trying to figure out how this fits with having a bunch of stuff that I really need to do. The universe isn't going to pack up all my family's stuff without me at least calling moving companies, getting estimates, blah blah blah. I have a role to play and real actions I gotta take.

Today has been great so far. I've gotten zillions of calls made, appointments made, etc. Everything is flowing. The times when I started to feel anxious or stressed I reminded myself that there is a stream of well being and that I can allow the stream. Moment by moment I have a choice. So, I just keep choosing to allow the stream of well being. :

Quote:
I picture myself being cradled in the arms of a big, beautiful Mother Goddess and as she rocks me back and forth she tells me, "I love you. It's okay to have these feelings. You are safe," over and over. Sometimes I picture myself cradling ds as I'm also being cradled. It's just a little thing, but it's helping ME feel unconditionally loved and it's very comforting to think I'm safe no matter WHAT I'm feeling.
I LOVE this!

Quote:
Linda -- Congrats on your move. You REALLY are Linda on the Move. c'mon, if I hadn't said it someone else would have!
We've moved several times before for my DH's job. I used to be Linda in Canada, and Linda in Arizona. I think I might have even been Linda in Kansas for awhile. I finally settled on Linda on the Move because it would work no matter where we lived and I thought of myself as a woman who had moved over and over for her DH's job (which I now see as really negative). I think I'm going to change it after we get to Florida -- may be Linda on the Beach, or change the way I think about it. Linda on the move refering to how much I'm learning and growing or something like that. Or may be I'll just go for Linda the Serene Yoga Goddess

BTW, this move feels totally different than any of our other moves because I feel so on top of things. This move is happening because I manifested some stuff and this is the quickest way for my universe to deliver it. I know that I can manifest whatever I decide I need/want, from new friends to ease of tranfering the utilities.

Quote:
One of my biggest goals as a mother of daughters is to teach them how to love themselves so that they will never have to feel like that yk?
I think by modeling it and then teaching it through affirmations.

Quote:
And actually, now that I say that, I believe it must be even worse for men than for women. Of course, this is all 'up until now' for us and our families.
I've been doing so much reading on the mind/body connection and I can't help but think that some of the health problems that men in our society tend to have (heart and prostrate (sp)) are related to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
He also said I've given him some control, that it's not enough and he wants to be completely in control, etc. etc. : HELP!! I am so not ready for radical unschooling etc. etc.....
I'd let go of the label "radical unschooling" because it seems to be messing with your head and not at all helpful to you at this time.

I talk with my kids about what they want to do and how they want to do it. The 3 subjects that we feel they *must* work on are reading, writing, and math. We've explained to them why. They are free to work on these any way they want, and don't need to do something for each every day. Sometimes they like some curriculum, other times they don't. There are SOOOO many ways to learn things.

What does your son want to do? It is not my experience that kids who have lots of freedom really want to sit around day after day doing nothing. They usually want to do some pretty cool things.

And when talking with your DH, don't say that you've decided DS should just do whatever he wants, because DH might freak out. Instead, talk to him about what DS wants to do and what he is learning from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I let him have one piece and then said "no only one a day" and he lost it.
Don't have candy in the house : Set your child's life up so that *yes* can be your normal response.

Quote:
I keep second guessing my instincts on handling "tantrums" and I just am not sure about how to be the best mom for him in situations like these.
when my kids were small I tried to figure out what triggered tantrums for each of them and then avoid those things in the future. Being over tired was a huge thing for both of my kids.

When they did tantrum, I removed them from the situation by taking them to a quiet place and stayed with them (holding them if they wanted) while they got it out of their system. Then I got them a cool wash cloth to wipe off their face, which seemed to help them transition back.

Sometimes our kids have really strong emotions and the best we can do for them is just to be there with them while they express them. I don't think it is our job to *fix* their emotions, just to be available to them. At the same time, I did try to think back through and eliminate triggers.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#148 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
dharmama... It makes total sense that your current situation would feel 'bigger' than some of the other things. But you know, it's as easy to manifest a castle as a button. Just keep reminding yourself of past manifestations and think about that! (And yeah, refreshers are always good!!)

Thanks! That's a print and post quote if I've ever seen one. What a perfect affirmation for me this week!
#149 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:19 PM

You guys are all great
#150 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Taradactyl---here's a link I received in an email lately about tantrums. Not sure I agree with all of it, but it's worth a read:
http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com/how...mper-tantrums/
Wow, just read at the link, and it seems so out of alignment with LoA and requesting what we want from the Universe, trusting that we will receive it, and being open to it manifesting.

"Tantrums" are an emotional expression of angst, distress, and desire. These wishes are as valid in all people, regardless of age. We can be partners in working together to manifest all of our dreams and desires!

When we suppress our wishes, as suggested in the link, we must then *relearn* to trust the Universe to provide. We have the opportunity to model a sense of abundance and ability to have all our dreams come true!

There is plenty!!

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page