LoA March 11-17 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
 
MyLittleWonders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Always learning something new.
Posts: 8,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry May May ... here is the link. And here is a big ol' list that Arduinna, I think, typed out:

To create new ideas-ON.
To reduce smoking-COUNT.
To get in mood for writing-GIGGLE.
To stay young and to look young immediately-LEARN.
To be a good mechanic-CONSIDER.
To break a bad habit-OFF.
To meet a deadline-DONE.
To sigh-HO.
To win in a competitive game-FIGHT.
To upset an opponent in such a game-FIGHT.
To achieve moderation in any field where tempted to excess-CUT.

From page 168:
To display pep and sudden energy-MOVE.
To turn a setback into an uplift-ELATE.
To remember, in the sense of memorization-CARE.
To remember something forgotten-REACH.
To find lost or misplaced article-REACH.
To solve a problem-REACH.
To prevent a person or action from annoying one-CANCEL.
To obliterate a negative thought-CANCEL.
To dispel a worry-CANCEL.
To sell-GIVE.
To aquire a skill-WATCH.
To love to read-JUDGE.
To maintain good health-BE.
To be kind-TINY.
To invent-REACH.
To relieve constipation-SWIVEL.
To heal a scab-ALONE.
To stop drinking-SAVE.
To keep a resolution-DONE.
To destroy remorse-TOMARROW.
To cease regretting-THANKS.
To secure transportation-ON.
To smile-NAME OF A KNOWN SMILER.
To stand up straight-NAME OF A KNOWN STRAIGHT-UP STANDER.

From page 169:
To enthuse-NAME OF A FAMILIAR ENTHUSIAST.
To cure hypersensitivity-DUCK.
To prevent pouting streak-POSTPONE.
To handle anything unpleasant-ADJUST.
To dispel an attack of the blues-UP.
To act on good impulse-NOW.
To stop faultfinding-PRAISE.
To build will power-DONE.
To banish lonesomeness-BE.
To get rid of inertia-MOVE.
To avoid poverty or debt-CANCEL.
To nourish ambition-ON.
To eliminate procrastination-DO.
To promote-FOR.
To advertise-SCHEME.
To secure publicity-RIDICULOUS.
To retain good feeling or sense of well-being-STRETCH.
To assume or carry a burden-ADJUST.
To get something out of eye-CHANGE.
To dispel ache or pain in any part of body-CHANGE.
To turn on personality-CHUCKLE.
To turn on politeness or courtesy-TINY.
To convert another-TAP.
To dispel nervousness-BLUFF.

From page 170:
To dispel conscious fear-BLUFF.
To call forth extra personal ability-DIVINE.
To preserve personal safety-GUARD.
To make yourself beautiful or handsome-PRAISE.
To aquire good taste-COPY.
To keep a secret-FOREVER.
To subdue inner excitement-COVER.
To get to sleep-OFF.
To build-PUT.
To dress better-SPEND.
To find percentage-ADD.
To learn a secret-WAIT.
To improve your mental telepathy-BETWEEN.
To swim-CONTINUE.
To withstand impatience-SLOW.
To handle success-SUFFER.
To handle prosperity-SUFFER.
To avoid carelessness-ATTENTION.
To improve perspective-AROUND.
To build character-HOLD.
To ward off apartness of the personality just as negative factor is entering-UNCLE.
To develop or increase endurance-CONTINUE.
To be wise-SLOW.
To achieve peace of conscience-BE.

From page 171:
To build, produce-ON.
To develop leadership-TAKE.
To build a fortune-FIND.
To make money-COUNT.
To develop courage-SWING.
To read the future-LISTEN.
To work miracles-DIVINE.
To do anything-TOGETHER.
To lose inferiority complex-UP.
To become an orator-ACT.
To publish a successful newspaper-PERSONAL.
To publish a successful magazine-SOPHISTICATE.
To make your children obedient-CROWD.
To be compatible with others-WITH.
To be soothing to others-SWEET.
To be pious-SHOW.
To complete a lot of detailed work-NEXT.
To create appeal-HOLE.
To design-SCHEME.
To appear rich-WASTE.
To create beauty-CURVE.
To appear cultured-CLASSIC.
To help others-GIVE.
To bury your grudges-REVERSE.

From page 172:
To reduce your bragging-DOWN.
To lose pettiness-MAGNANIMITY.

and the Master Switchword: TOGETHER

 Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
MyLittleWonders is offline  
#182 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 PM
 
kdmama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exactly Where I Need to Be
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Wow, just read at the link, and it seems so out of alignment with LoA and requesting what we want from the Universe, trusting that we will receive it, and being open to it manifesting.

"Tantrums" are an emotional expression of angst, distress, and desire. These wishes are as valid in all people, regardless of age. We can be partners in working together to manifest all of our dreams and desires!

When we suppress our wishes, as suggested in the link, we must then *relearn* to trust the Universe to provide. We have the opportunity to model a sense of abundance and ability to have all our dreams come true!

There is plenty!!


Pat

Okay, I need some help with this one. For example, if DS2 were left to his own devices, he would watch movies and play Gamecube all day. Literally. I tried it. For two weeks. Every day. All. Day.

I don't think this is healthy, for anyone. And DS2 has showed me that it's not healthy for him. He was completely out of sync after these days of playing. He would literally not get up to go to the bathroom until he was urinating on himself. (One such example of this is what ended the experiment. He urinated on himself, took off his clothes, kicked them under the table, and continued to play his game. I came into the room to discover him sitting on a chair over a puddle.) His tantrums were actually so much more major in the hour he wasn't playing before bed (the dinner, bedtime ritual hour) than they had ever been.

So, we have limited game and TV time. But this leads to catastrophic meltdowns ... thought not all the time. (I'll come back to that -- it's the unpredictability that is most difficult for me to cope with.) DS can play games, either computer games or Gamecube games, for one hour every day. That hour has to be after breakfast -- he would ask to play immediately upon awakening, I'd allow it, and then he'd have more tantrums because he was hungry and didn't want to stop playing to eat, wanted me to bring breakfast to him and actually feed him. Otherwise, the hour is of his choosing. Then, he can watch one program (movie, episode, etc.) per day, again at a time of his choosing, as long as it's after breakfast.

He sets a timer for himself when he begins to play. He has always had an extremely difficult time with transition, and the timer has been invaluable to us in giving him a way to know when things are about to change, when he can expect to need to switch gears. And sometimes when he's playing he's fine when the timer goes off. He puts his games away, and we move on to something else. But other times, often, he completely loses his mind. Screams about what a mean mommy I am, throws himself on the floor kicking and yelling and making animalistic noises, throws himself at me physically. He doesn't want to be held, he doesn't seem to want his feelings validated, he doesn't seem to want anything but WHAT HE WANTS. And he can go on that way for a very long time. He is not easily redirected.

What did someone say about the firstborn, never telling them "no"? (He's not the firstborn, technically, but according to "birth order" he has firstborn traits, as his older brother is 9 years older.) He absolutely cannot handle not having things his way. Sometimes, no matter how I try to let go, no matter how much I try to live in a consensual manner, I just feel that there is no consensual living with him. He either gets his way, or he tries everything in his power to make my life miserable. There seems to be no way to meet his needs and my needs and DD's needs ... and so on. I don't consent to never having my desires met, simply because they don't mesh with his desires.

I'm rambling now. And this probably belongs in another thread, in another forum. But I'm hoping someone will have some wise, serene, zen, LOA thing to say that will be a lightbulb for me in this situation.
kdmama33 is offline  
#183 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
 
MyLittleWonders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Always learning something new.
Posts: 8,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have to regulate screen time with our first son - he gets to watch some PBS Kids in the afternoon after a full day. Otherwise we have horrible issues with tantrums and oppositional behavior, which when all is said and done, is related directly to the TV. So, for us, allowing him to control and define his own viewing does not work. We could do it for ds#2 as he can walk away from the TV whenever and not get affected negatively like his older brother. But for our oldest, for everyone's sanity, and mostly for his, we limit his viewing. Just my two cents and experience.

 Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
MyLittleWonders is offline  
#184 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
 
Cassiopeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, kdmama, we are so dealing with the exact same thing. From an LOA perspective, I've been working on concentrating on all the things I love about my son. While he doesn't make the best choices surrounding the computer (or so it appears to me), he makes a myriad of other really great choices. He is a joy and a tremendous source of love. So, I've been thinking about that.

Because part of my son's use developed from my own overuse of the computer (sure, let him play while I surf, do boards, etc.) I've been using segment intending. So when my computer time is up and his is up and it's time for me to play with the kids, I set an intention to really pay attention to them, to not let my attention wander to the computer, to really have FUN with them. Kids are so much fun if you let yourself enjoy them!

One slightly counterintuitive thing that has also helped is to sit down and play the computer game with him. So he plays by himself for 45 min and then for the last 15min, I play with him. For some reason this leaves him more satisfied and more willing to move onto another activity with me. Perhaps it eases the transition??? I don't know.
Cassiopeia is offline  
#185 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
 
kdmama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exactly Where I Need to Be
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
We have to regulate screen time with our first son - he gets to watch some PBS Kids in the afternoon after a full day. Otherwise we have horrible issues with tantrums and oppositional behavior, which when all is said and done, is related directly to the TV. So, for us, allowing him to control and define his own viewing does not work. We could do it for ds#2 as he can walk away from the TV whenever and not get affected negatively like his older brother. But for our oldest, for everyone's sanity, and mostly for his, we limit his viewing. Just my two cents and experience.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say. His oppositional behavior (perfect wording there) is directly related to the TV. Allowing DS2 to control and define his own viewing does not work, either. With DS1 it was no problem -- he was never really interested in the TV, he would still rather read, and while he enjoys the computer, he is just much better at self-regulating and always has been. With DD, eh, she could take it or leave it. There are so many other things she'd rather do.

But seriously, with DS2, he even prefers to listen to music on the computer. He has a CD player in his room, with several CDs that we've burned for him. But he will actually have a meltdown because he wants to hear one of those very songs on the computer, NOT on his CD player.

(In many ways, he is like DH in this way. DH is a computer fiend, and he loves, loves, loves games and movies. But he is better able to self-regulate. And he doesn't throw tantrums ... mostly. He's an adult who did not grow up with games and computers, so he was really required to find other ways to entertain himself, to explore his world, etc. For DS, these things have been a normal part of his life from the start.)

So, how do I set his world up so that I can say "yes" in this situation? I can't remove the TV -- I tried that before, it didn't work for the rest of the family, so again, not consensual living there. And honestly, I think the TV (and obviously the computer) can be of value in the learning process. What can I do?
kdmama33 is offline  
#186 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
 
yaM yaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Sorry May May ... here is the link. And here is a big ol' list that Arduinna, I think, typed out:

To create new ideas-ON.
To reduce smoking-COUNT.
To get in mood for writing-GIGGLE.
To stay young and to look young immediately-LEARN.
To be a good mechanic-CONSIDER.
To break a bad habit-OFF.
To meet a deadline-DONE.
To sigh-HO.
To win in a competitive game-FIGHT.
To upset an opponent in such a game-FIGHT.
To achieve moderation in any field where tempted to excess-CUT.

From page 168:
To display pep and sudden energy-MOVE.
To turn a setback into an uplift-ELATE.
To remember, in the sense of memorization-CARE.
To remember something forgotten-REACH.
To find lost or misplaced article-REACH.
To solve a problem-REACH.
To prevent a person or action from annoying one-CANCEL.
To obliterate a negative thought-CANCEL.
To dispel a worry-CANCEL.
To sell-GIVE.
To aquire a skill-WATCH.
To love to read-JUDGE.
To maintain good health-BE.
To be kind-TINY.
To invent-REACH.
To relieve constipation-SWIVEL.
To heal a scab-ALONE.
To stop drinking-SAVE.
To keep a resolution-DONE.
To destroy remorse-TOMARROW.
To cease regretting-THANKS.
To secure transportation-ON.
To smile-NAME OF A KNOWN SMILER.
To stand up straight-NAME OF A KNOWN STRAIGHT-UP STANDER.

From page 169:
To enthuse-NAME OF A FAMILIAR ENTHUSIAST.
To cure hypersensitivity-DUCK.
To prevent pouting streak-POSTPONE.
To handle anything unpleasant-ADJUST.
To dispel an attack of the blues-UP.
To act on good impulse-NOW.
To stop faultfinding-PRAISE.
To build will power-DONE.
To banish lonesomeness-BE.
To get rid of inertia-MOVE.
To avoid poverty or debt-CANCEL.
To nourish ambition-ON.
To eliminate procrastination-DO.
To promote-FOR.
To advertise-SCHEME.
To secure publicity-RIDICULOUS.
To retain good feeling or sense of well-being-STRETCH.
To assume or carry a burden-ADJUST.
To get something out of eye-CHANGE.
To dispel ache or pain in any part of body-CHANGE.
To turn on personality-CHUCKLE.
To turn on politeness or courtesy-TINY.
To convert another-TAP.
To dispel nervousness-BLUFF.

From page 170:
To dispel conscious fear-BLUFF.
To call forth extra personal ability-DIVINE.
To preserve personal safety-GUARD.
To make yourself beautiful or handsome-PRAISE.
To aquire good taste-COPY.
To keep a secret-FOREVER.
To subdue inner excitement-COVER.
To get to sleep-OFF.
To build-PUT.
To dress better-SPEND.
To find percentage-ADD.
To learn a secret-WAIT.
To improve your mental telepathy-BETWEEN.
To swim-CONTINUE.
To withstand impatience-SLOW.
To handle success-SUFFER.
To handle prosperity-SUFFER.
To avoid carelessness-ATTENTION.
To improve perspective-AROUND.
To build character-HOLD.
To ward off apartness of the personality just as negative factor is entering-UNCLE.
To develop or increase endurance-CONTINUE.
To be wise-SLOW.
To achieve peace of conscience-BE.

From page 171:
To build, produce-ON.
To develop leadership-TAKE.
To build a fortune-FIND.
To make money-COUNT.
To develop courage-SWING.
To read the future-LISTEN.
To work miracles-DIVINE.
To do anything-TOGETHER.
To lose inferiority complex-UP.
To become an orator-ACT.
To publish a successful newspaper-PERSONAL.
To publish a successful magazine-SOPHISTICATE.
To make your children obedient-CROWD.
To be compatible with others-WITH.
To be soothing to others-SWEET.
To be pious-SHOW.
To complete a lot of detailed work-NEXT.
To create appeal-HOLE.
To design-SCHEME.
To appear rich-WASTE.
To create beauty-CURVE.
To appear cultured-CLASSIC.
To help others-GIVE.
To bury your grudges-REVERSE.

From page 172:
To reduce your bragging-DOWN.
To lose pettiness-MAGNANIMITY.

and the Master Switchword: TOGETHER







Thank you, thank you, thank you MyLittleWonders!





yaM yaM is offline  
#187 of 787 Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 10,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
It's going to help me a lot to think of this as a normal emotion that he needs to express instead of a behavior that is wrong or undesirable. Heck, I need to express my emotions like that at times too so why shouldn't he!
You put that so well!!! This is kind of off the subject of the loa, but the article that helped me the most when my kids were toddlers was The Unhappy Consequences of Being Child Centered. I don't know if it relates at all to what you and your DS are going through, but I thought I would post the link just in case.

http://www.continuum-concept.org/rea...InControl.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post


And now you can join the FL Manifesting Mamas tribe!
Yeah baby! I've got my sunglasses on and I'm ready to go manifest on a beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
It takes practice to find a balance with this - he's insulted if I give him stuff that's "too easy"!
It's a moving target.

Quote:
Sometimes what he resists a lot at first becomes stuff that he's passionate about!
I don't understand the point of that. I don't understand why you are putting unhappiness in both of your lives to get him to learn something a tiny bit earlier than he would if you chose a path with less resistance. :

Have you made a list of all the wonderful things about him and just attracted those things? It is such a simple, yet powerful process.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#188 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 10,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post
And DS2 has showed me that it's not healthy for him. He was completely out of sync after these days of playing. He would literally not get up to go to the bathroom until he was urinating on himself.
What else does he like to do? He needs something else in his life that he enjoys -- playing outside, caring for a pet, joining a swim team, hanging out with friends, wood working -- SOMETHING. He needs a hobby that doesn't plug in.

Does he get regular time outside?

What if when his 1 hour is over, it was a transition to something he enjoyed, a walk to the park, time to get out finger paint, etc.

I've heard of kids for whom these games act on their brains like an addictive drug. It really sounds like something like that is happening. It makes me wonder what he needs that is missing from his experience. I think the answer lies in developing the rest of his life.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#189 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
 
kdmama33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Exactly Where I Need to Be
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
What else does he like to do? He needs something else in his life that he enjoys -- playing outside, caring for a pet, joining a swim team, hanging out with friends, wood working -- SOMETHING. He needs a hobby that doesn't plug in.

Does he get regular time outside?

What if when his 1 hour is over, it was a transition to something he enjoyed, a walk to the park, time to get out finger paint, etc.

I've heard of kids for whom these games act on their brains like an addictive drug. It really sounds like something like that is happening. It makes me wonder what he needs that is missing from his experience. I think the answer lies in developing the rest of his life.
He doesn't get a lot of regular time outside. It is very, very cold for much of the year where we are -- as in, -30F with a windchill of -60F, with tons and tons of snow and ice. So outside play is truly not an option. That said, he does get a lot of indoor playground time. We go at least three afternoons a week in the winter. When the weather is good -- for about three to four months out of the year -- we spend every waking moment possible outside, but often with DS2 protesting quite vocally.

He does have other interests. He loves puzzles. He's mad about dinosaurs. He loves music, takes Suzuki lessons, is playing drums and guitar regularly. He's totally into all things pirate, lately, so we've been exploring that as much as possible. We have a regular playdate once per week, and he hangs out with friends there. He has fish, which he really enjoys. He loves to swim, and is taking lessons.

I'm thinking you're right about transitioning to something else that is fun, though. That could be part of our solution. Usually I am involved with DS1 or DD when game time is finished, and invite him to join with us. Maybe we should switch the focus to him, instead, at that time.
kdmama33 is offline  
#190 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:30 AM
 
Amris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I am loving and being loved.
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The following is "not exactly" a Message. It's more like a, "go talk about this" kind of Message, instead of a "say this, and say this, and this" kind of Message. Okay, given that that is now as clear as mud...

I had a bad habit. I would read a Teacher's book or visit their seminar, or whatnot. Then, I would read another Teacher's book. Sometimes, the second book would be different from the first book.

Now that I was confused, i'd read a third book in order to sort out the differences of the first and second book. In the third book, I would find something that didn't agree with the first and second book. So I'd buy a fourth book, in order to see if I could resolve the conflicts of the first three...

So, this time around, I have gotten James' Ray's The Science of Success, and I am sticking with that. I am also using Holosynch, and the Sedona Method. I also continue to listen to and use my tapes from innertalk.com, and I clear myself using EFT.

And that's it. I am not reading 'everything I can find' and continuing to search. I have chosen now to "knuckle down" and do the work. No more searching, no more seeking.

Now is for the doing.

For me personally, the time of becoming educated is passed, and the time of putting the education to work and knuckling down and DOING is at hand.

I choose to no longer confuse myself with the advice of various Teachers. It is time for me to choose ONE, and follow that ONE.

I have chosen a limited number of tools. And I use those tools, and follow the teachings of "the ONE" that I have selected. I haven't chosen in ignorance. I studied and searched.

But at some point, the searching must end, and the growing must begin.
Amris is offline  
#191 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 AM
 
yaM yaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amris, I hear you, mama. That process can be totally overwhelming and utterly incapacitating!

However, I wanted to ask you if you notice any congruence and compatibility amongst the various teachers and their teachings?



Also, are you familiar with Byron Katie and The Work?
yaM yaM is offline  
#192 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 AM
 
Amris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I am loving and being loved.
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by May May View Post
Amris, I hear you, mama. That process can be totally overwhelming and utterly incapacitating!

However, I wanted to ask you if you notice any congruence and compatibility amongst the various teachers and their teachings?



Also, are you familiar with Byron Katie and The Work?
I have noticed congruence, yes. That's part of the issue, for me personally. Too much studying, where enough is alike that I didn't need the redundancy, and enough is different to keep me seeking instead of doing.

I have heard of that, but I haven't read it or anything. And I probably won't for a long time. I've got more than enough work to do right now just going through james' course and using the tools I have right now.

I appreciate the link, but like I said... this is it for me. Time to walk the path instead of looking for it. My "search" has come to an end, to some degree. I imagine I will end up in a seeking place again, but for the time being, I need to be more focused on action.
Amris is offline  
#193 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 AM
 
yaM yaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hear you. I was just curious if you knew about her method.


It looks to me like The Work is a tie-together (and the most nuts-and-bolts of them all) of all the other methods mentioned on the LoA threads and I'm curious if any of the others of you practice The Work.
yaM yaM is offline  
#194 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kdmama33,

Please feel welcome to copy and repost your situation to the CL tribe or CL yahoogroup. Here are the links.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=493985
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/consensual-living/

I believe the key is choosing joy and living without fears of 'what ifs'. It is common for people to have rebounds and indulgence when they have experienced control and restrictions as they explore and discover the limits of their own interests. I'd have a tough time finding a zen place if dh set a timer on my MDC usage.

I'd work to release my fears with affirmations that 'I will trust that ds will play joyfully and with attention to his health'. Again, we can not create affirmations for others who have free will; however, we can provide information and facilitation to meet their needs. And trust that we can all learn from our experiences, and choose differently when it serves our best self. I believe that we can not know what that 'best self' is for another.

Many radical unschoolers have found the passion for video games to develop into very lucrative and marketable skills. There are graduate level courses available about gaming strategy and design. Those who absorb themselves in their passions, create employment opportunites through increasing the depth and breadth of their experience. Often, this includes designing games, hacking games, and creating high level critical thinking skills due to the extensive strategizing associated with gaming. Others meet their saturation point, and move onto other passions, just as adults absorb themselves in new challenges such as LoA, Hicks, Bleep, Ask, etc. All the while watching the same movie again and again, ad nauseam. AND participating in a myriad of activities only about their one obsession. One man's obsession is another's passion and joy. Who is to judge the value of one's interests, passions, focus and attentions?

Trust.

All is well.


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#195 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 01:33 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
You put that so well!!! This is kind of off the subject of the loa, but the article that helped me the most when my kids were toddlers was The Unhappy Consequences of Being Child Centered. :

Have you made a list of all the wonderful things about him and just attracted those things? It is such a simple, yet powerful process.
I particularly dislike that article by Liedloff. : Here is an article by Scott Noelle who has a different perspective about Leidloff's query:
http://www.scottnoelle.com/parenting/child-centered.htm

I totally agree that releasing resistance with our children leads to much happiness all around! Finding ways to embrace their passions, interests, and strong minded intentions ("opposition" in non-LoA, competitive terms), works *with* them. Send energy toward *what we do want*, rather than creating conflict about *what we don't want*! It is a very empowered place to be, when our energy is not working against the free will of another person. There is no competition for whose intentions will manifest when we use our energy together to create agreements that satisfy each's needs.

We can have what we want!


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#196 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 AM
 
sphinxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Koalamama, I don't have the holosync discs. But I must say, it's sounding more and more appealing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post
Personally, I didn't think the Sedona Method was going to do squat for me. You ask yourself if you're ready to release, you say yes, and then you just ... do?!? Riiiiiiight.
That's sort of how I feel too. But of course, we've probably all btdt in terms of stuff not making sense and then turning out to be amazingly meaningful. For you guys who are into the Sedona method, what made it click for you?

Quote:
Focus wheel? Tell me more, tell me more.
First, it's described here: http://whatanicewebsite.com/Connee/focuswheel.htm

You draw a biggish circle on the page. In the middle of that circle you draw a smaller circle, about two inches wide. In the middle of the small circle, you write your desire. Jerry Hicks suggested phrasing your desire in a way that was oriented towards the feeling of the desire.

Then elsewhere, or on another part of the page, you write down your related beliefs. Any time a belief makes you feel better (it's both positive, and currently believable to you), you rewrite it within the big circle.

The first of those beliefs you write in the 12 o'clock position. The second of those beliefs goes in the 1 o'clock position. (I find the focus wheel is more powerful afterwards if I write them all up-down so I can later read them without turning the circle around.) And you go on like this, until your circle is full of believable beliefs, leading towards your central desire
sphinxie is offline  
#197 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 07:35 AM
 
sphinxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had an interesting thought while rambling.

I've got a desire going right now. Basically, to learn this, to do the transformation that's involved, to live on a different level so to speak.*

And it's got some powerful energy behind it. And it's quickly manifesting resources.

But that quickness is not as fast as my desire's energy is. And I'm getting small amounts of frustration, in other words resistance.

(Although that was a little ambiguous because it got coincidentally connected to an unrelated area of resistance... although hm, in the language of messages I could see how there is a meaningful connection...)

So I started thinking, what is this resistance about? And I realized: it's about inner work, independent of input/materials/etc. My desire includes this independent inner work, but I'm a bit conflicted about it. Whereas the input-based work I'm clear on, so that's been moving forward.

I am pretty hazy on what this independent inner work would involve, so I'm going to go think about it. In bed.


*I say that because I already partially am. Believe me, a rapid large improvement in my and DH's conflict resolution is another level, and pretty nearly a miracle!
sphinxie is offline  
#198 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
 
annalily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
The following is "not exactly" a Message. It's more like a, "go talk about this" kind of Message, instead of a "say this, and say this, and this" kind of Message. Okay, given that that is now as clear as mud...

I had a bad habit. I would read a Teacher's book or visit their seminar, or whatnot. Then, I would read another Teacher's book. Sometimes, the second book would be different from the first book.

Now that I was confused, i'd read a third book in order to sort out the differences of the first and second book. In the third book, I would find something that didn't agree with the first and second book. So I'd buy a fourth book, in order to see if I could resolve the conflicts of the first three...

So, this time around, I have gotten James' Ray's The Science of Success, and I am sticking with that. I am also using Holosynch, and the Sedona Method. I also continue to listen to and use my tapes from innertalk.com, and I clear myself using EFT.

And that's it. I am not reading 'everything I can find' and continuing to search. I have chosen now to "knuckle down" and do the work. No more searching, no more seeking.

Now is for the doing.

For me personally, the time of becoming educated is passed, and the time of putting the education to work and knuckling down and DOING is at hand.

I choose to no longer confuse myself with the advice of various Teachers. It is time for me to choose ONE, and follow that ONE.

I have chosen a limited number of tools. And I use those tools, and follow the teachings of "the ONE" that I have selected. I haven't chosen in ignorance. I studied and searched.

But at some point, the searching must end, and the growing must begin.
This is so me. I want to learn learn learn the new thing, whatever it is. And you know, that keeps me from, or at least delays me, doing the new thing. I think for me it's just been a fear about getting it "wrong".

So I too am stopping here. I am reading what I have and doing it.
Very nicely said, Amris. I totally, totally hear you.
annalily is offline  
#199 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 09:05 AM
 
Sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
lI realized that being unwell (mostly emotionally though I have physical symptoms too - namely constant sinus pressure/congestion/headaches) is my "trump card" so to speak
wow MLW what a revelation! good for you!!
Sepia is offline  
#200 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
 
Sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Money comes easily and frequently! Who cares that I just spent $50 on a stupid EZPass violation that I didn't even get, but CAN'T ARGUE IT because you can never talk to a G******* PERSON!

Money comes easily and frequently! I am so happy and grateful that I ... eh, f**k it. : Kiss my ass, EZPass!

Now I feel slightly better.
Sepia is offline  
#201 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 09:23 AM
 
Sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post

Personally, I didn't think the Sedona Method was going to do squat for me. You ask yourself if you're ready to release, you say yes, and then you just ... do?!? Riiiiiiight. But I've seen some real progess with it.


yeah--even if you say no, you're not ready, you can still release it! i did this yesterday about an issue that seemed too scary.
Sepia is offline  
#202 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 32,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
The following is "not exactly" a Message. It's more like a, "go talk about this" kind of Message, instead of a "say this, and say this, and this" kind of Message. Okay, given that that is now as clear as mud...

I had a bad habit. I would read a Teacher's book or visit their seminar, or whatnot. Then, I would read another Teacher's book. Sometimes, the second book would be different from the first book.

Now that I was confused, i'd read a third book in order to sort out the differences of the first and second book. In the third book, I would find something that didn't agree with the first and second book. So I'd buy a fourth book, in order to see if I could resolve the conflicts of the first three...

So, this time around, I have gotten James' Ray's The Science of Success, and I am sticking with that. I am also using Holosynch, and the Sedona Method. I also continue to listen to and use my tapes from innertalk.com, and I clear myself using EFT.

And that's it. I am not reading 'everything I can find' and continuing to search. I have chosen now to "knuckle down" and do the work. No more searching, no more seeking.

Now is for the doing.

For me personally, the time of becoming educated is passed, and the time of putting the education to work and knuckling down and DOING is at hand.

I choose to no longer confuse myself with the advice of various Teachers. It is time for me to choose ONE, and follow that ONE.

I have chosen a limited number of tools. And I use those tools, and follow the teachings of "the ONE" that I have selected. I haven't chosen in ignorance. I studied and searched.

But at some point, the searching must end, and the growing must begin.
I hear that, it's really funny because after watching the Secret it just ended up taking me back to where I was exploring a long time ago, it drew me back to vedanta. I have the one thing I've been working LoA on and other than that I've been exploring spirituality directly.
Arduinna is offline  
#203 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 10:33 AM
 
indigenousmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I choose to no longer confuse myself with the advice of various Teachers. It is time for me to choose ONE, and follow that ONE.

I have chosen a limited number of tools. And I use those tools, and follow the teachings of "the ONE" that I have selected. I haven't chosen in ignorance. I studied and searched.

But at some point, the searching must end, and the growing must begin.
amris, thanks so much for sharing. i have been feeling this way too lately. i have done my searching, my reading, my learning and now i have come back to my starting point. and that is the teachings of Abraham and the Hicks. they speak to me most clearly and the teachings resonate with me deeply.

isn't it neat to see we are all learning and growing together here? i know i don't post very much, but i do check in every day and i can feel my energy connected to everyone on this thread. it's so fabulous!
indigenousmama is offline  
#204 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: raising the revolution
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe there is a place to learn and grow as well -- to study and to be doing -- and I hope I never stop seeking out knowledge or learning or studying -- I have much to still learn from a world of sources and remaining open to it and receiving of it while still following my bliss and putting what speaks to me now into practice is what is working for me

We all have to do what works for us and brings us to the feeling place of joy!


WuWei (Pat) love your thoughts on living consensually as always....totally agree!!

Whose daughter ate a pickle, 3 strawberries, 2 bites of pizza, and yogurt for breakfast ,

Tara
captain crunchy is offline  
#205 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: THe *doing* that Amris posted about . . .

I hear ya on that one. That's what I was talking about a few threads back : about the reading, researching, etc.... I'll find one point that I'll kind of gut stuck on and need to go figure out that *one* point before I can resolve things in my mind.

Last week I manifested the DOING! (Well, with the help of Amris.) :

Sometimes it does take stepping off the cliff so to speak even if you think you aren't ready.

Then you can always go back for refreshers as you are in your process yk? It's part of the learning.
Annikate is offline  
#206 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And . . .
another post.

Why oh why can't I find a web design program that will let me put a Paypal button on my site?

I found a good hosting co. w/their own design interface and I really like it. It's straightforward, easy to use and the support is good. BUT . . . it won't let me put html code in myself and they can't do it for me . . . .SO no paypal donation button for me.

BTW, I thought about buying FrontPage or Dreamweaver but I don't want to shell out another few hundred bucks since this software is free yk?

Do you think people will go to paypal on their own if I just give the email addy?

I know it's soooo much easier to just click a button.

Annikate is offline  
#207 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 32,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Do you think people will go to paypal on their own if I just give the email addy?

I know it's soooo much easier to just click a button.

sorry

I think that having the button will increase donations, alot of people won't take the time to go to paypal themselves and then enter the info manually.
Arduinna is offline  
#208 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
sorry

I think that having the button will increase donations, alot of people won't take the time to go to paypal themselves and then enter the info manually.
I know!

I'm going to manifest this without having to go w/another company and start building my site over AGAIN.

Maybe the guy didn't know what he was talking about right!?
Annikate is offline  
#209 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
 
Amris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I am loving and being loved.
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
And . . .
another post.

Why oh why can't I find a web design program that will let me put a Paypal button on my site?

I found a good hosting co. w/their own design interface and I really like it. It's straightforward, easy to use and the support is good. BUT . . . it won't let me put html code in myself and they can't do it for me . . . .SO no paypal donation button for me.

BTW, I thought about buying FrontPage or Dreamweaver but I don't want to shell out another few hundred bucks since this software is free yk?

Do you think people will go to paypal on their own if I just give the email addy?

I know it's soooo much easier to just click a button.

Manifest it.
Amris is offline  
#210 of 787 Old 03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
 
AprilDaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 1,820
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried to think about what I wanted to manifest this week. Manifesting smaller things is very easy for me...a simple thought will produce results shortly...

It's the bigger, deeper things I stumble over.

Hubby will be employed by the end of this week, in a great job, with great pay, less than an hour's drive from this house.

I will have organized my website and forum enough to advertise and start giving classes.

Today I have a definite vision of the house and land we're buying.
AprilDaisy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off