March 18-24 Manifesting Mammas, stop in and say hi! - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

#451 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Koala...Thanks for the quote from Abraham about money. I'm also going to make a point of copying your notes from the seminar and put them in a document for future use.

We had a fun night at the hockey game as a family. We don't often do things all together, but I think it's especially nice for the boys the few times when we do make the effort. My ex even bought dinner for all of us, which I thought was nice. It was truly a wonderful day of surprises and 'extra' things. And now I'm off for a great sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#452 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
i DID get enough sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!! whoever posted that small affirmation, it went right to my subconcious mind. my cats have been keeping me awake all night forEVER but last night i put them in the enclosed porch, with a soft thing to sleep on, and thier food, and asked them to please let me sleep ALL NIGHT , no scratching. and they DID !!!!!!
What was the affirmation?

Jennifer DH Bill '97. DS C 2/03  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09
mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mama
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#453 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 AM

I was finding a little negative self talk creep in the end of last week and over the weekend (due partly to my continual procrasination on my course, a conflict with my sister and a zillion other things I could conjure up to fit as well). Anyway...I listened to a great show on Hay House (Debbie Ford, I think) about discovering the story we tell ourselves and then instead of focusing on it like we tend to do, finding what is great about ourselves.

Anyway...I decided that this week I would do that...look for the positive in myself. Then, I pop on over to the thread that first won my heart at MDC, single parenting, and one of my dear friends created a thread asking us what makes us fabulous!

Talk about a way to boost myself a ton! First of all, reading most of these single moms (many of whom I've seen come so far since their first days to our forum) point out their strengths....but then to write my own....I swear I was buzzing for 2 days just on that alone.

So, if you feel a bit of a slump coming on...ask yourself, "What Makes Me Fabulous". I think it's a brilliant question and really got me buzzing again.

No wonder I had such a great day again today!!!

#454 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 AM

Amris, that is a great story! I am no writer, but I know what you do and it was an amazing thing to hear about.

04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09
#455 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:49 AM

Annikate, I'm going to take a peek at your site...
Your site looks beautiful. I was a software tester in a previous life, and have some suggestions, but wasn't sure if you wanted them posted here. Should I PM you? Or start a new thread?

04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09
#456 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
Ooooooh! I almost forgot to say-

Fremont mama- I know how you feel (about irl friends! ) I have a few really good friends, but I am so damn picky! I would assume that you and I have a handful of things in common , aaaaaaaaand we live near eachother.

Any old who, perhaps we can meet up some time. I come to Seattle on occassion. It's almost time for folk life!
I live in Redmond. I have a hard time finding IRL friends too. I'm kinda picky, and also I tend to offend people by accident, it would seem. Now you probably really want to get together with me, :LOL

04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09
#457 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Hey Penny (catgirl) -- I didn't get the HAUL you got, but while decluttering yesterday I found $28.51 in Gap gift cards!!! Sweet.
#458 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 AM

I'm manifesting a workshop for new/expectant parents based on LoA!!!

I've been toying with this idea for a while and in the last several days it has started to create itself.

I'm driving in the car and I think of an exercise or I'm cleaning up the house and think of a reading I want to include. I've been jotting notes down on cards and I'm realizing that what I have is pretty good!!

I want DH to co-lead it with me...he's such a powerful grounding force for me and I just think he would add so much and make the men in the group feel really at ease.

Any other workshop-leading mamas here? I have a question about citing sources. It seems like everybody is borrowing everyone's work. Like the Hay House (Debbie Ford) thing on re-writing your story. I just learned basically that same technique from a Daily Groove from Scotte Noelle. I was thinking of citing him as the source for that exercise but now I'm wondering if that's *his* idea or did he learn that from Debbie Ford or from Abe-Hicks or from Wayne Dyer or....

It seems like there is SO much overlap in the teachings. I have heard Wayne Dyer saying something that I heard Caroline Myss say word-for-word without either of them mentioning the other.

Is the LoA community operating above copyrights and making claims to owning ideas???

Ms.Chats ~ Your hair is AWESOME!!!! You looked very cute before...but OMG...you look SUPER cute now!!! How was it styling it yourself? That's always the thing that tells me if I like my cut. I always love when my hairdresser does it....but my ability to self-style it is what really counts.
#459 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 10:03 AM

Good morning!

I read the last few posts, and I wanted to compliment Ms Chats a lot on the new 'do!

I hope you don't mind if I cross-post this from the Money & Abundance thread.

I've been thinking a lot about gratitude. I think it's truly one of the keys to an abundant life. I re-read a gratitude journal that I started seven years ago when I was a newlywed. It made me realize how little it requires for a person to be happy because back then, we were living in a small apartment on a shoestring budget. Each day I wrote down five things I was grateful for (as suggested in the book Simple Abundance). The recurring themes were family, sex, food, hot baths, nature, and perfume

Last night DH and I sat down and figured out our current expenses, including what we'll have to pay when my DS starts daycare in late April. We have to come up with another $750 per month. But for some reason, I'm not worried about this. I keep telling myself "the Universe will provide." I'm also using the excellent affirmations that Tracy suggested at the beginning of the Money & Abundance thread such as ""I expect our household income to increase monumentally and all our needs are met easily" and "No one can take anything away from me that is rightfully mine." The latter affirmation is important because I have these irrational fears that we'll lose our house. Although sometimes I think we'd be better off renting because our housing costs alone (including mortgage and a HELOC) are close to 2/3rds of our after-tax income.
#460 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Annikate, I'm going to take a peek at your site...
Your site looks beautiful. I was a software tester in a previous life, and have some suggestions, but wasn't sure if you wanted them posted here. Should I PM you? Or start a new thread?
pm please.
#461 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Koala...Thanks for the quote from Abraham about money. I'm also going to make a point of copying your notes from the seminar and put them in a document for future use.

We had a fun night at the hockey game as a family. We don't often do things all together, but I think it's especially nice for the boys the few times when we do make the effort. My ex even bought dinner for all of us, which I thought was nice. It was truly a wonderful day of surprises and 'extra' things. And now I'm off for a great sleep!
Sounds like you had a GREAT time!!

~more later
#462 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
I'm manifesting a workshop for new/expectant parents based on LoA!!!

I've been toying with this idea for a while and in the last several days it has started to create itself.

I'm driving in the car and I think of an exercise or I'm cleaning up the house and think of a reading I want to include. I've been jotting notes down on cards and I'm realizing that what I have is pretty good!!

I want DH to co-lead it with me...he's such a powerful grounding force for me and I just think he would add so much and make the men in the group feel really at ease.

Any other workshop-leading mamas here? I have a question about citing sources. It seems like everybody is borrowing everyone's work. Like the Hay House (Debbie Ford) thing on re-writing your story. I just learned basically that same technique from a Daily Groove from Scotte Noelle. I was thinking of citing him as the source for that exercise but now I'm wondering if that's *his* idea or did he learn that from Debbie Ford or from Abe-Hicks or from Wayne Dyer or....

It seems like there is SO much overlap in the teachings. I have heard Wayne Dyer saying something that I heard Caroline Myss say word-for-word without either of them mentioning the other.

Is the LoA community operating above copyrights and making claims to owning ideas???
Very cool!
You know there IS a lot of overlap and I don't know if that stuff so who can really say who owns the idea?

I've been thinking a lot about this lately too since reading The Attractor Factor b/c in there he quotes people who have written about LoA all the way back to the early 1900s. (Maybe even late 1800s - but I was like WOW!)

Of course you can even quote Jesus & Buddha if you want to and make it LoA related too . . . so . . . .
#463 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 AM

dharmama~
What an awesome idea! You and your dh working together on it is truly wonderful too and will help men relate more too! I can hardly wait to hear more about it.

My perspective about 'ideas' is that they are energy out there and picked up on by more than one person (which is often why we see similar books or movies, ideas, products, etc.)

If you read the idea from Scott Noelle and want to give him recognition, that would be totally acceptable. It sort of becomes a chicken and egg thing...and likely no one really knows who had the idea first.

Oh, and about the hair...I'm usually opposite. I almost always HATE what the stylist does, come home and change it to what I like. It's actually quite a versatile cut. I can wear it a couple of different ways and still really like it!
#464 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
I think it's truly one of the keys to an abundant life. I re-read a gratitude journal that I started seven years ago when I was a newlywed. It made me realize how little it requires for a person to be happy because back then, we were living in a small apartment on a shoestring budget.

I agree with you completely! Such a great reminder!

Quote:
Last night DH and I sat down and figured out our current expenses, including what we'll have to pay when my DS starts daycare in late April. We have to come up with another $750 per month. But for some reason, I'm not worried about this. I keep telling myself "the Universe will provide."
This is awesome! It feels great to turn it over to the universe. It's something I've always done with money. I've been thinking about putting my kids in private school (I'm a non-working, single mom) and when people say, "isn't it expensive, how are you going to pay for that?" My answer is always, "I don't know. But if that's what the boys need...the money will come from somewhere." And you know....it always does!
#465 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 AM

Well we just found out that dh is loosing his OT until at least Sept. Until the last month or so, he had at least 8 hrs a week, it had already cut to 6 every other week. I had been trying to keep positive and just enjoying having him around Saturdays, which is nice. But this change is going to cost nearly $2k between now and the end of the year.

This is a hard blow, especially when we need to move, rent will increase and we are pregnant as well. I am very much trying to just have faith. He will have unplanned income from the tattoo work he is doing, that will be a big help, but it is a unplannable/unexpectable type of thing. And this year will be our first that our business breaks even, we may even make a little something, which will help (my first affirmation, before even found these threads, decided that at the start of the year). But just letting go and having faith is proving harder than I expected already. I just changed my screen saver to the money affirmation that was posted a couple posts ago to keep me thinking up, but how in the world do you just let go of that kind of fear? I mean things like kids shoes, birthdays, etc are just waiting to pop up and be dealt with

Ok, done whining, going to go grocery shopping now and leave all these worries here
#466 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:18 AM

Oh, forgot to mention, the website looks great annikate.

And amris, I like the faq and explanation you posted was great. I had no idea this had just started in Feb, and already it has grown huge, that's amazing!

And the hair cut looks cute!
#467 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM

Can someone help me with an affirmation?

I have had allergies for so long, and since discovering LoA I realize I can do something about them. I don't have to continue to have them. This is awesome! I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Lately the weather has been gorgeous and I've had the window open in my room, something I haven't really been able to do for years because of my allergies. I love it. It's so much better when the kids are outside to just close the screen door instead of the sliding glass door. I can hear the birds, more easily check on them on the swingset, etc.
But this morning I woke up with my sinuses hurting and draining, and my head kind of stuffy.

How do I phrase an affirmation to not have this? I don't normally get sinus infections, more like just sinus involvement. Sinus headache, sinus drainage, face pain, etc.
I have been using EFT on this, but am going only by the free downloadable pdf. I don't know how long I should do the tapping...like go thru once and come back to it later, or go thru the process several times in a row?
#468 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM

dharmama... I think that workshop sounds like a fantastic idea! I agree with others that a lot of this stuff is just 'out there'. But if there are particular people that have inspired you, then maybe as part of your overview you can reference them with gratitude for their work, or include their work in a list of resources for further reading.

Having a very HIGH contrast morning here, stuck in the middle of a war between my mother and father!! God, didn't I just post about them and their battles yesterday? Serves me right talking about that stuff I suppose.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#469 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 AM

annalily...

I always start with Louise Hay.
"Allergies: Who are you allergic to? Denying your own power. Affirmation: The words is safe and friendly. I am safe. I am at peace with life."

"Sinus: Irritation to one person, someone close. Affirmation: I declare peace and harmony indwell me and surround me at all times. All is well."

How about affirming to yourself that you breathe deeply the air of life. It is safe and energizing to breathe in life fully and completely.

I will think more on this.
#470 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

I'm manifesting finishing my LOA primer, because it is also the basis for any LOA seminars or speaking engagements that I do -- which I would love to do, not just for the money which is great in itself, but I feel like I am a crazy good public speaker (modest too ) and I really think it would flow so well in front of a *live* group --

I have just been in a *blah* with finishing it -- not a negative mindset, but in the mindset of "well if it's not fun, don't do it" (thanks Canfield )...

I know finishing it will open up more in the way of speaking engagements and creating seminars -- that is one of the reasons I haven't promoted the site much locally --

*inspiration*
#471 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post
MsChatsAlot - I love love love your cut. It really is fantastic.
:

Super hot mama!
#472 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM

This thread is moving slowly this morning!

Today I am manifesting a peaceful afternoon. I've been having very hectic and stressful afternoons, and it's been really hard on my family (it's that time of the month and I've been a b*tch like no other honestly).
#473 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM

What's the buzzword when I, and some usually even-tempered people I love, are being CRANKY?

Is it CHILL OUT?

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#474 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
What's the buzzword when I, and some usually even-tempered people I love, are being CRANKY?

Is it CHILL OUT?
That'll work.

Try BE.
#475 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM

CC - I totally understand that *blah* feeling when you're almost at the end of a project. For me it's the resting period before the GREAT stuff manifests. I've been noticing this more and more about me and the things I'm manifesting. There's always a bit of a lull first. That's good!

On a different note:

I would love some suggestions for my the words to use in my siggy link. I want it to be positive so I didn't want to use the words, *dangers of mercury* or something like that but I want it to have IMPACT too yk?

I'm feeling kinda yucky today. I've manifested an upset stomach since last night.

So I'm chillin out too.
#476 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM

i was wondering about what switchword to use for a persistent headache? CHANGE, BE, TOGETHER... anything else?

as soon as i recover (which i am manifesting to be SOON), i am going to post about my appt with teresa, and ask for some help. Barefootmama, could you PM me with your charges for homeopathy treatment? And CC, could you do the same about your coaching fees? I will probably be waiting until April, but want to get my ducks in a row.

: : :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#477 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post

Is it CHILL OUT?
Are you kidding me? Me too! I'm normally a relatively chill person, but I am so high strung this last week. I am being just mean for lack of a better word, and I can't stop myself. Grrrrr. I need to chill out
#478 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

With = create harmony with others
Together = the master word
#479 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Okay...I'm not too up on technology...so I'm hoping this link works so you can see my new *do*. Please ignore the dorky look on my face. It's a self portrait! (My 5 yo jammed out on me).

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...current=Me.jpg
I love that haircut! Super super cute. I covet that kicky little flip look, but my hair just wont do it. And I think that the dorky expression is actually pretty cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Okay, I need more frequently asked questions, ladies.

Here's what I have so far:
Let's see......

*How long does it take to get a message from you?

*What information do you need from me to give me a message?

*Can I get a message for someone else?

*How long are the messages usually?

Does that help at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I thought I'd share this fantastic Abraham-Hicks quote on money:

"Money will expand proportionate to the ideas that you have about that which you want to utilize it on. So the more you’re out mixing it up in the world, and the more you are looking around for the things that you would like to exchange money for, the more money will begin to flow into your experience. That is a powerful understanding. Money is unlimited because energy is unlimited, and money is only a byproduct of energy."

Can you feel how perfect that is?!!
I can definitely feel how perfect that is!

Quote:
Oh, I meant to say that sounded like such a fun outing. How cool that you all went out together. Glad you had a great time and everything worked out so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I live in Redmond. I have a hard time finding IRL friends too. I'm kinda picky, and also I tend to offend people by accident, it would seem. Now you probably really want to get together with me, :LOL
No no, let's definitely get together. I am always so we can offend people together. Are you up for Folk Life or the Tulip Festival? I think there might be 4 of us now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Hey Penny (catgirl) -- I didn't get the HAUL you got, but while decluttering yesterday I found $28.51 in Gap gift cards!!! Sweet.
Totally sweet! I got two free samples of snack bars yesterday while walking around at lunch time, that was pretty cool, a free lunch

Quote:
Last night DH and I sat down and figured out our current expenses, including what we'll have to pay when my DS starts daycare in late April. We have to come up with another $750 per month. But for some reason, I'm not worried about this. I keep telling myself "the Universe will provide." I'm also using the excellent affirmations that Tracy suggested at the beginning of the Money & Abundance thread such as ""I expect our household income to increase monumentally and all our needs are met easily" and "No one can take anything away from me that is rightfully mine." The latter affirmation is important because I have these irrational fears that we'll lose our house. Although sometimes I think we'd be better off renting because our housing costs alone (including mortgage and a HELOC) are close to 2/3rds of our after-tax income.
I agree, I often say, well, we don't know how, but it always works out. We are trying to figure out how we can afford to have another baby, but we decided instead of thinking of it that way, we're just going for it and saying, we trust to Universe to work it out. Somehow it always does work out!

And with those housing costs, you dont happen to live in Seattle do you? We noticed something similar with our situation. For us, I feel it is better than renting, b/c I feel like even though we are paying a mortgage, it is a little bit like investing in our home.

Quote:
This is awesome! It feels great to turn it over to the universe. It's something I've always done with money. I've been thinking about putting my kids in private school (I'm a non-working, single mom) and when people say, "isn't it expensive, how are you going to pay for that?" My answer is always, "I don't know. But if that's what the boys need...the money will come from somewhere." And you know....it always does!
Yup! I was JUST thinking about Waldorf school for when dd gets older and thinking this EXACT same thing!

I went out and bought a gratitude journal the other day. Dd helped me pick it out. I haven't started writing in it yet though. I am excited to start! And I didn't make it to the Holistic Moms meeting last night, but definitely looking forward to next months meeting.

And Seattle Area Manifesting Mamas! I think we are manifesting some IRL stuff! :
#480 of 767 Old 03-22-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
On a different note:

I would love some suggestions for my the words to use in my siggy link. I want it to be positive so I didn't want to use the words, *dangers of mercury* or something like that but I want it to have IMPACT too yk?
How 'bout Help us win the battle against childhood mercury poisoning.or You can help prevent mercury from poisoning another child.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page