March 18-24 Manifesting Mammas, stop in and say hi! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#751 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Depression / Anxiety and food.

If anyone is interested in learning more about what foods are important for optimum mental health...you can pm me and I can provide some info. I have taken courses on natural nutrition and how we can use food for healing.
I want to know what you know! : I"m always interested in that stuff.
#752 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Oh, my BOYFRIEND, James Ray? Yeah, he's pretty good with this stuff too!
#753 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Dd cried her little heart out about not being able to nurse tonight.

Oh man, it's soooo hard. I've been kind of doing the second-guessing game w/myself tonight. *why can't you nurse her longer?, you know CLW is the way it should be, what's wrong w/you you crappy mother*, etc..

I know I'm not a crappy mom, and I know that CLW is just not for me but my mind has been saying these things to me tonight while I watched dd's little face and listened to her beg for milky milk.
I feel for you mama
Marissa weaned herself at 2 and I actually begged her to keep nursing She was all done, though. It broke my heart. Then my next dd, I swear was NEVER going to be done. I tried all the gentle redirections and whatnot and nothing worked. After I had been nursing 3 (yes, three!~ all during the same time period) babies/children for several months I was so done. I decided that when I started to dread nursing her, it was time to stop~ for the benefit of both of us. She was about to turn 4, so I made a deal with her~ her last nursies would be on her fourth birthday and that was it. And she had a wonderful, beautiful weaning party. We had everyone bring a bead to add to a weaning necklace and we all wrote special messages to her in her special journal. She wore a wreath on her head and was the star of the show. She did talk longingly about nursies occasionally after that, but I really think it helped a lot. I know your dd is younger, but maybe something special to mark the transition to "big-girl-hood" would help?

You are NOT a bad mama! You are a GREAT mama.
#754 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:07 PM

Amris...

I keep thinking that Hay House Radio would be a great place for you to advertise. Most people who listen are already comfortable with intuitives, mediums, channeling, etc. Many people there would find your messages and book a wonderful gift idea. Just a thought. Thoughts become things. (had to add that).
#755 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:09 PM

Zoebird~ I was so uplifted by your post! Thank you so much for sharing that!
#756 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
celeste and the other mamas who were asking about depression/anxiety . . . .

I thought about starting a new thread in PPD or M. Health but decided not to. I'll just post here.

I suffered from depression/anxiety for several years and took meds. I took zoloft and lexapro. Every time I'd stop them the depression or anxiety would come back. Sometimes right away, sometimes only after a few weeks. And it would always manifest itself differently.

For instance, sometimes I'd feel such anxiety like I had just had a near-miss car accident. Numb arms and all. Sometimes I'd just be pi$$ed off at the world for no reason. Other times just in the deep dark throes of true depression.

I took meds throughout both pregnancies and b'feeding. (Now I wish I hadn't, but well, I didn't know then what I know now.)

I did once have a script for Xanax (when I first went to a doc for help) but promptly threw them in the trash. My addictive personality knew better than to get involved in those.

I stopped the lexapro when Kate was only a few months old. I slowly weaned myself off. I had been feeling like I didn't really *need* it anymore and in the quest to figure out what was causing her sleeplessness, I stopped taking it.

I began the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, again to try to help Kate. THis diet eliminates processed and refined EVERYTHING. Eliminates grains, and of course wheat/gluten.

After about 5 months of this I realized I no longer had sugar cravings AT ALL anymore. I felt great! I never got sick (despite having no sleep and being totally run-down.)

I also added supplements. Cod liver oil, zinc, magnesium, calcium, the B vitamins *and* an extra B12. Hmmm . . . there might be more that I can't think of now - dd is talking to me as I type.

It was then that I realized that my depression was linked to nutrition. The SCDiet helped my body absorb the necessary nutrients from food (which it hadn't done properly . . . ever. . . and the supps helped too.

Gale Force wrote a book about this and she's the one who suggested that if I feel like I"m in a *crisis* to take an amino supplement. I bought one and used to take it during PMS. It helped immensely. But now I've just manifested no PMS so it's even better!

Oh, and I take 5htp (on the recommendation of Kate's doctor). He wanted to give it to her but I thought it'd help me sleep (I'm not sure it does anything for me really), but she's getting some through me.

I hope this helps. I wish someone had told me all those years ago when they were anxious to write a script that it could be related to nutrition (or lack thereof.)

It takes some time for the diet and supps to kick in but it's soooo much better than meds.

hth!
I've been on Paxil for 12 years, but I've been getting hints that it's almost time for me to quit.

Quote:
#757 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 PM

Whew. I took a sorta long nap today (not exactly sleeping) where my abdomen, long a center of tension, felt really really good. Now it feels much more relieved than usual, but I have a big headache--I almost never get headaches.

Another milder cosmic joke... I mentioned that the first weekly Abe cd arrived yesterday. I said to myself "Now, they're gonna keep flowing in." This morning someone delivered a small package of the "special subjects" cds... even though it was sent through regular mail, & regular mail isn't normally delivered on Saturdays

I've been having tons of realizations lately. One was, I've been settled in this emotional place, it doesn't feel too good and it doesn't feel too bad. Probably best called Malaise--it's not on the usual list I didn't feel a strong impulse to move to a better feeling place, so what's up wtih that? The answer was, just move one step up... and from Malaise, the next step is Acceptance. Maybe Acceptance is the next step for all "stuck" emotional places?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OH, and Sphinxie - here;s a funny story for you. When Mom (who's 85) went for her interiew, the guy asked her all the regular questions until he said, "I'm not going to ask you if you've ever been invloved in organized prostitition. If you were, it was so long ago that we don't care, and if you are now, all I can say is good luck to you!"
That's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
My DH immigrated to the US (he's British), and we immigrated to Canada together (then we moved back to the states). Back in my single days, I thought that all immigrates were really interesting, brave, fascinating people, now I know that they just people who can persevere through red tape. It's character building
Well I'm looking forward to being one of those interesting brave fascinating people. Although around here, people just assume that I'm Canadian. An interesting, brave, fascinating Canadian though, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I am never eloquent and moving like so many mamas here, so I'll leave it to them, but I will just restate that there is NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY about!!! What about some affirmations for THAT?
I agree with--I think it was Linda--you are SO eloquent and moving! Eloquent is a given, and moving in the direction of UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Yep, Koalamama, you ARE HOT!!!!

Quote:
Apryl -- you sound like me! I started a flower garden last year and when we move to our dream house I also plan on starting a food garden.
You might want to check out Machaelle Small Wright's books "The Perelandra Garden Workbooks I and II."
Wow, thank you. I've always loved the Findhorn Garden book and even read Wright's "behaving as if the God in all things matters" and a practical book will be really cool. My porch garden and worm bin and potted plants thank you as well

You know another idea that is working in me right now... a clean & organized house, meals, all those things are manifestations as well, even though they normally come directly through us. It's the exact same process of alignment that allows them to come through. This is what I've been thinking about, as I sit in my wonderful apartment, apparently not very aligned with it getting even more wonderful... Or perhaps aligning with that as soon as I'm done enjoying some quiet processing...
#758 of 767 Old 03-24-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
My animal book does not have a specific message about the chipmunk...but if you think about the characteristics, nature and behavior of the chipmunk, you may find some message that you need right now.

The bat...as someone else was talking about means.....if a bat flies into your life, it's time to face your fears and prepare for change. You are being challenged to let go of the old and create the new. Changes and transformations are blessings.
Does your book say anything about fleas?
#759 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Where did you find that book? I don't see it at Amazon. I'm very interested.
I got it at a Barnes and Noble in Kansas City. I guess I just manifested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
I've never posted on, say, blended families boards about our blended family, because our blended family has never been a source of....contrast[/B]
Contrast includes the good stuff, the positive stuff, the fun stuff. I really think that if we are going to manifest wonderful marriages, we need to write about and talk about the good stuff.

Quote:
. I don't know why I'm feeling the need to go on about this, but...anyway.....I guess I've said what I had to say!
ummm, because you and I had a conflict and we hadn't worked it out? :

In previous weeks, when you posted about your DH it didn't come across (at least to me) that he is basically a nice person with strengths and weaknesses, and that you have some issues to resolve. He sounded like a controlling jerk.

Quote:
So am I! Where's he from exactly??
My DH is from Belfast Northern Ireland. He came to the US when he was 28.

And the answer to the next question is, he is protestant, but thinks that all the nonsense over there is a good reason to live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I think it just reminds me of the pain I endured growing up and I just want to go get this little girl and take her away from it all. The damage he is doing is so deep and I don't understand how anyone could do this to a child. It's so upsetting to me and I feel like I need to do something about it but I also feel so powerless.
I really think that you attracted that experience so that you would have the opportunity to process and release what happened to you as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
I forget if you have Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your life, but what she would suggest is to visualize that the adult you, now, is loving and taking good care of your little-girl self. She writes this part very beautifully.
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
Well I'm looking forward to being one of those interesting brave fascinating people.
You already are! Now you are just doing red tape.

My Update:
Our stuff arrived today, so we moved into our rental townhouse (The plan is to eventually buy a house here). Most of our furniture seems to fit just right and look very nice. However, inspite of the fact that I decluttered like mad before the move, we still have too much stuff. It hit me today that my kids rooms looked really nice with just a couple of boxes unpacked, and that I really have no desire to unpack the rest of the toys and junk up their rooms. It is been impossible to keep their rooms clean the last couple of years and today, as I looked at huge piles of boxes marked "toys" I realized why. :

It's strange that this situation, of being in the middle of a move for DHs job, would have been very stressful for me in the past, but now it really isn't. My mantra is "my home is calm and orderly" and I know that very soon that will be true. (Actuallly, things are very calm right now, so it is just the orderly part we are working on!)

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#760 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
In previous weeks, when you posted about your DH it didn't come across (at least to me) that he is basically a nice person with strengths and weaknesses, and that you have some issues to resolve. He sounded like a controlling jerk.
This issue has come up a lot in another online space I've been on for years. Whenever anyone talks about their relationship troubles, the others tend to interpret it as if that's the main thing or the only thing going on. That produces a lot of exagerrated response. We've all learned to reserve judgement under all but the most extreme conditions, and treat the situation as a process of which we're only getting a glimpse. Sometimes even if we interpret the glimpse accurately by itself, we still don't know the context... and do we really want to hear everything about every relationship so that we can know the background at any given point, every time? It reminds me of this idea that a medical test is only a snapshot of where your vibration's at at that moment (or perhaps in a pre-manifestation moment a little while before)... it's the same idea. While the snapshot may be an accurate snapshot, it's still just a snapshot.
#761 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 AM

Ok, so Im so freaked Ive been shaking all day...
A few months ago I worked on a treasure map with my daughter, we each made one. I couldnt find a picture of the house I wanted so I drew a blueprint of exactly what I wanted, and Ive been making changes here and there as I rethink things. DH and I finally came to a few mutual agreements of what and where would be perfect for both of us and then suddenly as if my magic THIS HOUSE APPEARS. Even with little funky details I wanted, like a built in shelving unit with storage space inside benches in the mudroom, and backing onto a ravine. We went to look at it today and I was tripping out so bad, I cant explain what went though my head as we looked at this place.
But.. Its not ours YET.
(And I cant even begin to see or think of a way.)

How can we be open to receiving fully in the next 2 months to have the keys in my hand and my name on the title?
#762 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
:

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#763 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
Ok, so Im so freaked Ive been shaking all day...
A few months ago I worked on a treasure map with my daughter, we each made one. I couldnt find a picture of the house I wanted so I drew a blueprint of exactly what I wanted, and Ive been making changes here and there as I rethink things. DH and I finally came to a few mutual agreements of what and where would be perfect for both of us and then suddenly as if my magic THIS HOUSE APPEARS. Even with little funky details I wanted, like a built in shelving unit with storage space inside benches in the mudroom, and backing onto a ravine. We went to look at it today and I was tripping out so bad, I cant explain what went though my head as we looked at this place.
But.. Its not ours YET.
(And I cant even begin to see or think of a way.)

How can we be open to receiving fully in the next 2 months to have the keys in my hand and my name on the title?
Andrea I really hear you! Been there, done that, bought the t shirt!

I'd ask for advice about that too. But I know what the Universe would answer. It would say "Momtwice, you need to believe you deserve it."

See last spring, I made a similar list. And I found the house but it was out of our price range.

And then it was taken off the market. (I know the Universe is just waiting until we are ready. )

One thing for me, is I wanted to declutter a lot before moving. I didn't want to spend time, energy and money moving a lot of junk into a new place. But will I ever declutter enough to feel I deserve my great house? Or is that just an excuse, a barrier I put up?

In the meantime, I've focussed on decluttering (emptied 14 boxes in February! )
and have worked on letting go of obsessing over moving, and focussed on loving where I am here and now.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#764 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 AM

andrea! Woo hoo! That's really cool! A couple of things I would do...
-Do a major declutter. Go around your house and say "will we take this when we move?" and anything that doesn't pass, get rid of it. Do not let it sit around waiting - get it out of your space right away. Make Freecycyle your friend!
-Pack some boxes. Anything you're not going to need in the next couple months, pack it up and label it for your move.
-Go order a stamp or some mailing labels with your name and the new address.
-Start filling out change of address forms and write a list of all the places you'll need to call/mail to take care of such things.
-Start picturing yourself in the house!
-Go look at paint chips, plan out any new furniture purchases, etc.
-Write about your move and how you're enjoying your new home as if it already happened. Include lots of positive stuff, and remember to use all your senses in the describing. Then read what you wrote every day. It will feel more and more real as time goes by.
-Extend on the above idea by regularly journaling about your new home, again as if it already happened.

Basically, act as if you already have it and just let it go! Keep us posted!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#765 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 08:53 AM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=641543

New thread for this week here!

#766 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
my weekly intentions...

...hmmm...since last week was such a great week for me, i think this week my intention is to go with current of my stream...

...my writing project...i intend to appreciate my editor's comments, and make the changes that spirit tells me are necessary. i will receive inspired ideas of where to publish my writing

...i intend to enjoy a wonderful visit with my dear friend EJ, whom i haven't seen in ages

...i intend to send my vibrations of love, joy and gratitude to my parents and especially my mother

...i intend to start getting up at 6am again so i can have some time to myself while the kids are asleep

...i intend to have more joyful, loving moments with my partner, and to appreciate him

ok, that's it for now. honestly, i'm feeling so good after going to the Abraham seminar yesterday, i feel that my life is perfect as it is. thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!
update...

did pretty good again this week except i didn't work on my writing project at all, even after getting all my editor's comments back. the next day i woke up with horrible allergies and have been putting off writing ever since, plus i'm not feeling very inspired.

i did start getting up at 6am, but my son decided to wake up as soon as i wake up.

my partner and i have been enjoying each other's company even more, and he has brought up "the secret" almost every day this week. this is from someone who didn't understand how attracting stuff we want was a spiritual thing.

and, my parents are getting along better this week after having some struggles in their marriage.

well, i'm off the sub to the new thread.
#767 of 767 Old 03-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

annikate and barefoot mama:

thanks! i'm glad that my excitement (and buzzing) doesn't sound like too much. LOL

of course, i am crazy. everyone thinks so. my husband USED to say (before he started doing this stuff) why is life so easy for you, how come you always win?

he was raised in a household that said "life is hard and you can't win." and my whole life is "life is easy and you always win." it's amazing how perspective really makes a difference.

btw, BFM: i want you to know that i think about you and your think with marissa every day. my husband and i talked a great deal about it yesterday and we know that the grief is hard. we both care about you very, very much and so we have asked if we could 'manifest' something with you. i know that it is already happening. ok?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page