March 25-31, Marvelous Manifesting Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Celeste, I was a band geek, too. : I played clarinet.
flute/piccolo for me

catgirl, my dh definitely isn't on-board. he liked What the Bleep, but then with The Secret, he said it was magical thinking. Whatever. I can imagine it's a lot harder to deal with the intimacies of it with a child involved... Anyway, I have some other thoughts on it, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. It's movie time!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:26 PM

I was also a band geek. Clarinet too. But the school I went to was so small that I also fit into the cool group, the pot-heads and the geeks.
#63 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
1) Because HE is threatened by it, but I'm not going to stop believing it, therefor I need to find a way for it not to be threatening to him for peaceful coexistence and acknowledgement of his feelings.
No, you don't. You just need to find a way to not let it impact you when he responds as if he's feeling threatened. You can acknowledge his feelings, and you can support him regardless of his behaviour, but you don't need to do anything to change how he feels. That is his work. Or not.

Quote:
2) Because I want to use it to help me meet my financial commitments, and he finds this threatening too (fremember his reaction to me wanting to teach an intensive? that's why he reacted that way - it pushes all his "Penny is impractical and won't come through" buttons. Again, these feelings are real and valid to him, and it would not be lving to just say, well, hard luck, i'm doing what I want).
Well, teaching a class is indeed practical and financially responsible. You're not looking to offer it for free, right? You might not think it very loving toward him to say you're doing it even if he doesn't really want you to, but I would suggest it is not very loving toward yourself if you don't do something you really want to do because someone else is pressuring you not to.

I think I suggested this before... I would ask him what it is he wants as an end result, and then allow yourself the freedom to plan within those guidelines. In other words, there's no reason why he needs to dictate your how. Find out what his needs are here, and then let him know that you will lovingly support that in your own way.

Quote:
3) Becasue ds has taken it on board to some extent and dh finds this threatening too (see post above).
I do understand how this can be tricky, as you both play a role in guiding your son. I would suggest laying out ground rules to decide what you both can live with, and then work with that. Maybe you can all sit down together and have a discussion about how different people believe different things, and that your son will be exposed to a lot of that and will need to come to terms with where his own beliefs fall. Perhaps having to lay it all out there for your son will help you both find a loving understanding of each other, and you'll discover where your common ground really is.

Quote:
4) becasue owing to 1,2, and 3 above, I sometimes feel as if I'm doing LoA with one hand tied behind my back, and that makes me feel frustrated and impatitent! And again, I don't think saying "Hard luck, get used to it" to him is a loving solution! Becasue one of the issues for us was that we had begun to lead very separated lives, but we don't want to do tht any more.
Is it possible that in your desire to move away from where you were, you've gone too far in the opposite direction? This really sounds like a stance motivated by fear... "If we can't agree on this, we're going to be right back where we were!" That just does not have to be true. You can still be loving partners to each other and have vastly different beliefs and interests. I think it might serve you to think of all the ways that you are connecting, instead of this one way that you aren't. Now, I do realize you see and appreciate the ways you are connecting! I'm just saying that you can continue to do that and release the fear about areas where you aren't.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#64 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
No, you don't. You just need to find a way to not let it impact you when he responds as if he's feeling threatened. You can acknowledge his feelings, and you can support him regardless of his behaviour, but you don't need to do anything to change how he feels. That is his work. Or not.

See, to me that sounds like me saying to him, "Deal with it, not my problem." And giving where we're coming from right now, that would seem to me to be not loving, and also counterproductive, becasue it plays right into his feeling that i don't really care how he feels. And I do. I see what you're saying, but yes, actually, I do feel I need to take the trouble to reassue him.

OK gotta rush. this'll make you laugh. Ds desperately wants to go to a rescheduled concert tonight. I said I'm very tired - jsut the first half. He said, Mom, just think about not being tired and you'll be fine. Otherwise you don't believe in The Secret.
#65 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 PM

I realized something today that may help some of you process how you see LOA and how to see it in a more encouraging light. Because, frankly, it's helping me! lol

Yesterday, we found our house. The one that has everything on my list, hubby's list and the kids' list. It fits so well...so perfect...it's beyond words. Even how we found the house was a fluke. The whole time we were talking to the owners (several hours, they showed us around, lovely folks), I kept seeing things that we all had on our "manifestation of a house" list as well as other things that readers had told me I should expect.

This house is priced a bit more than we had in mind. When we got in the jeep after seeing it. Hubby says, "that's OUR house". I said, "I agree...I just don't know the "how" yet"... lol

So, I got to thinking, "I can't wait to see how God makes it work!" lol So, the view is....to look at it as a "game" sorta... We're usually stuck on the "how"...and that's not really the way to do it because it gives us a humanistic way of looking at it (worry, sorting, trying to plan, etc.). We should look at it and say, "hmmmm....lets see how this request manifests"....and enjoy that it's being taken care of.

What do you think? Happy Thoughts!!! <like Peter Pan>
#66 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
So, I got to thinking, "I can't wait to see how God makes it work!" lol So, the view is....to look at it as a "game" sorta... We're usually stuck on the "how"...and that's not really the way to do it because it gives us a humanistic way of looking at it (worry, sorting, trying to plan, etc.). We should look at it and say, "hmmmm....lets see how this request manifests"....and enjoy that it's being taken care of.

First of all, congrats on the house!! It sounds like you're super happy and it's perfect!

I love the idea of making it a game... like you know your friends have some fun surprise planned for your birthday but you have no idea what it will be, you just know it will be awesome! A great way to keep worry out and focus on feeling good!
#67 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Help help help...

I seem to be making more requests for help these days:

We just moved from WA to BC,Canada on March 2. We've been painting, laying floors, doing renovations on our new house - very stressful for us, very stressful for DS.

DH isn't working while we are doing this, so we can get it mostly taken care of before he returns to work - we have a goal of next Monday for his return to work.

DH was supposed to receive 3 weeks of vacation pay from his former employer, yet he hasn't received it yet.

We are also owed a refund of our deposit from our former landlords, but instead received an itemized bill from them for essentially upgrading the house after we left. What they are doing is completely illegal and they know it, but it means that our deposit is still in their hands until either they come to their senses and realize that we know the law (we're sending them an official letter letting them know and requesting our deposit to be returned within the week), or we take them to small claims court (ugh).

DH hasn't yet received a job offer for a new job here.

This morning when I was thinking about this crap with the landlords and how I'm essentially freaking right out about money (mortgage is due, bills are due, we're using savings to cover it), I slipped on our amazingly slippery even with a suction cup mat tub and fell, and bruised the top of my foot something fierce. I broke down and just sobbed after that, more from emotional pain than physical, although it hurt terribly.

How how how can I free myself from all of this worry about money despite these daunting circumstances?

And what do I do about this landlord thing - they owe us between $700 and $1000 depending on how our lease is worded. I want my money but I don't want to spend any energy of this situation, and especially not on taking them to court!

I know you ladies can help me to see the forest through the trees, because I am so very much in the thick of things right now.

Help - I SO want to find a way to feel good!:
#68 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
See, to me that sounds like me saying to him, "Deal with it, not my problem." And giving where we're coming from right now, that would seem to me to be not loving, and also counterproductive, becasue it plays right into his feeling that i don't really care how he feels. And I do. I see what you're saying, but yes, actually, I do feel I need to take the trouble to reassue him.
Read what I said again, please.

Quote:
You think you need to do something to change his feelings. I'm saying you can love him just the way he is, acknowledge and appreciate him just where he is, and he doesn't have to change one little bit! You want him to change because it will make you feel better. Instead, try accepting that he is where he is and feel good anyway! So actually, I'm not telling you to tell him to deal with it. I'm telling you to deal with it. (Lovingly, really!)

Release the need for him to change how he feels about this, and release the need to be anything other than who you are. That's where you'll find peace.

Quote:
OK gotta rush. this'll make you laugh. Ds desperately wants to go to a rescheduled concert tonight. I said I'm very tired - jsut the first half. He said, Mom, just think about not being tired and you'll be fine. Otherwise you don't believe in The Secret.
Too funny! Those kids will catch us every time!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#69 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:05 PM

April... Woo hoo! Great house news all around today! And I love what you're saying about making it a game! It really is all supposed to be fun!

chasmyn... Do you have the savings to cover you? Look at that as a blessing! Borrow from yourself until the other money comes through. Can you take relief from that action and let the fear go?

As for your landlords... There is a great piece on this in one of the Abe CDs I have. I'll see if I can transcribe some of it for you after the kids go to bed.

for you and your sore foot!

Melanie
#70 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:10 PM

:

What is going on here? Maybe one of you mamas who knows about that kind of thing can tell me that some planet is going screwy or the moon is in a bad spot or something.

I've been feeling so off in relationships the last couple of days. Things have seemed really...guarded whenever I talk to my friends, like we're holding things back. It seems like I have to coax them into talking, and they have to get me to talk, too. I've been feeling really insecure and jealous in relationships, feeling like people are ignoring me, feeling like my friends have stopped caring.

Well, my best friend today (one of the people who I was feeling "off" about) said the same thing. Out of nowhere he goes, "This weekend has been weird. Everything feels off, and...just weird".

And then, my other best friend a few minutes ago, during an IM conversation says, "I'm feeling weird. I just don't feel good, and I got irritated at (her boyfriend) for no reason, and I'm just getting irritated at people and feeling weird and off about them"

I hadn't even mentioned to any of them that things seemed weird to me.

So...what's going on here?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#71 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
chasmyn... Do you have the savings to cover you? Look at that as a blessing! Borrow from yourself until the other money comes through. Can you take relief from that action and let the fear go?

As for your landlords... There is a great piece on this in one of the Abe CDs I have. I'll see if I can transcribe some of it for you after the kids go to bed.

for you and your sore foot!
We do have savings to cover us, it just really makes me have anxiety to be using it. It actually gives me more anxiety that we are tapping into our savings. I tell myself, and I know intellectually, that it is great that we have this, that DH always comes through, that the vacation pay will come soon, that we won't lose this house and DH will get a job...I'm just not able to FEEL it.

And all of these manifestations around our money being blocked off from us...it's just sending me into panic.
#72 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:20 PM

catgirl,

Have you ever had a conversation where you just listen to him and ask him why he feels threatened? Instead of trying to defend the secret or your position, it may be really eye-opening for you to ask him what about it bothers him so much and then just really listen to what he has to say. There is something about this that is bringing up something really major inside him...and I'm guessing he doesn't even really know what that is, so just be open (keep away from any discussion on your part and resist the urge to defend yourself) and see where the conversation flows. It might really help you get at the *real* issue, because it's not about the secret and neither one of you likely knows what it's really about.

I also agree with Koala. It's not so much that you tell him to 'deal with it' but it is about being true to yourself in a way that also respects his concerns too. When you write about your dh, you are in effect of him, you are reacting to him. It is difficult, but you can choose to allow him to do whatever and not react. It is perfectly okay for him to act and react anyway he chooses and you can honor that and be okay with it and know it has nothing to do with you. ( I know this is often easier said than done).

This reminds me about being inconsistent and how that is more scary to people than if we are true to ourselves. You don't need to justify changing, learning or growing. These are all normal things and it is okay to get excited about something that really resonates with you. But when you are trying to please him (and being in reaction to everything he does) that is inconsistent with the ideas you are presenting. It's like in last week's thread when we are sending mixed messages when we are hating nursing and keep agreeing for the sake of the other. It's confusing because the person picks up on the inconsistency and that inconsistency in your character is likely more frightening to him than if you were being true to yourself.

You can be true to yourself in a way that is also respectful to him.
#73 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
We do have savings to cover us, it just really makes me have anxiety to be using it. It actually gives me more anxiety that we are tapping into our savings. I tell myself, and I know intellectually, that it is great that we have this, that DH always comes through, that the vacation pay will come soon, that we won't lose this house and DH will get a job...I'm just not able to FEEL it.

And all of these manifestations around our money being blocked off from us...it's just sending me into panic.

Ok, so you have money that you are afraid to spend because of fear that you won't get more money. Not the message you want to be sending out to the universe! You know what I'd do? I'd take out some of those savings and go buy myself something totally frivilous, and do it joyfully. Spend the money trusting that more money will come. Then it will. (And you know it's coming, it's just an issue of how long you're going to keep it away from you!) Don't worry, Mama. Everything is working out just fine!

Melanie
#74 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:

It seems so much easier to be all easy-breezy with this stuff when there isn't pressure, isn't it!?!?

Things will work out. It's no surprise that it was your foot that hurts. I believe Louise Hay says feet are about moving forward.

It is safe to move forward. Things are going to resolve themselves quickly and easily and the money will continue to flow. After all, it is Canadian money...doesn't it flow easier???

Hug your boy, celebrate your wonderful relationship with your hubby and count your blessings you are living in a beautiful home in a really wonderful part of Canada.

I wish I had the magic remedy...but you will find it on your own. Just know that it is not just your energy....because there are a ton of us here in your corner, hoping wonderfully positive things for you and your family.

Life is fun and easy. Money flows easily to us. It is all just energy!
#75 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

I don't know how everyone keeps up with this thread!

We went to the beach today, just on a whim and out of the blue -- We were buzzing today and at the park with dd and we were talking about how in The Secret the one woman (the financial expert person, I forgot her name) says people who live this way, in the magic of life, have habituated ways of being -- they live this way, not just as a one time thing -- and we were saying, we want to make it our intention every day to "live in the magic of life" and make it a habit -- because it is like anything, if you slip for a few days and fall out of gratitude, out of joy, aren't working with it, you may not lose it but you sure won't be buzzing ya know?

So we took off to the beach like, right there, with nothing -- we stopped on the way for water and such and just went. It was awesome and we had a SUPER time...

We parked next to an ATTACHED, BREASTFEEDING, COSLEEPING, GENTLE DISCIPLINE practicing, UNSCHOOLING, christian mama --- okay, that is like finding a needle in a haystack here -- you have no idea I gave her my card and told her how cool it was that we happened to park next to her and her children and she said "there are no coincidences" and I just laughed and was like, you're not kiddin! -- it was super duper cool and we were buzzing all the way home!

Catgirl, my dh wasn't on board with LOA when I discovered it... or well, put a name to what I had pretty much been doing -- i don't think he was as resistant as your dh seems to be but he wasn't like WOO HOO law of attraction!! I think he thought I was a little ~~woo~woo~~ ....and I guess I am sort of selfish in that regard because I was like, here is what I am doing and it's your issue if you don't like it. Of course I was much nicer and respectful sounding than that, but basically I felt if it was something that uplifted me, enhanced my happiness, wasn't illegal , etc it was his issue if he didn't like it. He has come to it on his own though because he saw the transformation in me like on so many levels he wanted to get in on the action

I am sorry to say I kind of feel that way about your dh (re: that his resistance is his issue) --- I am not saying he is some jerk or something, I am sure he has some amazing qualities and no, we don't know the whole story -- but it just seems from your posts that he is sooooooooooooooo resistant to it, like beyond "I don't know about this" or "do your thing, I am not into it" type things -- I agree with Melanie -- I mean, your dh is exactly where he needs to be and I do think you can have a happy, fulfilling, joyous marriage with different interests and beliefs - but it just seems like he is so super resistant to it there is more going on there besides *Im scared Penny won't be responsible*... Are you responsible?? Because if so, that is what should be the concern. --

It is like always worrying someone is going to cheat to the point where you are driving them and yourself crazy with the fears -- that is the vibe I get sometimes in your posts (not with cheating obviously!)

I hope you don't think we are *on your case* or something, you are an amazing person and woman and you are growing so much and finding your way like everyone else -- I suppose what raises my spidey sense about it is when you speak as if you begin doubting the whole process and belief system when dh gets so negative about it.

I wish for you a resolution that will make everyone involved feel happy and secure.
#76 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 09:52 PM

chasmyn, I have more thoughts for you but have to go get my girl ready for bed right now. I just wanted to quickly add that I hope my earlier comments didn't come across as flippant. It's all easier said than done sometimes!

Melanie
#77 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Penny... My husband doesn't buy into LoA at all. He thinks I'm a bit of a loon, I dare say. BUT... He is always super supportive of anything that makes me happy, and he's not the least bit threatened by my beliefs. Actually, I think he believes/behaves much more in line with a lot of this than he could even imagine. He's a powerful manifester, and has never been one to dwell on negatives or any other self-destructive behaviours. He just chuckles at how I explain it all.
That's how it is with my DH too!! He's all about believing for things to work out, just don't put a "name" on it.

Quote:

I am SO dealing with these issues right now too. I will get full blown chest tightening panic. I swear God is rolling His eyes at me. I've seen blessings flow time and time again and I STILL panic. I'm trying some EFT and I think it's helping!

I think it's a lesson for us not to have confidence in numbers in a passbook. It's not your savings that are taking care of you. It's the Universe. The Universe provided it for you to USE!!! Use it and know you are doing exactly what you NEED to do. What you SHOULD do. What is RIGHT to do.

And uh, if you want to repeat that back to me when I'm clutching my chest, please do!
#78 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Just checking in. Just got off of a great but long call with my grandma, so lost track of who I was going to reply too

But I'm also looking forward to the marital answers. My dh is great in so many ways. But he just doesn't get the whole idea of positive thought much less on this scale. He is ok with my feelings, but doesn't see how it can effect me to say 'thats not ever happening' type statements, and though I get that he's where he needs to be, and actually he is light years away from where he was even a year ago, I have trouble walking that line as well sometimes.

So I look forward to the input on that one.

Amris, I loved todays card, that was a great one.

My intentions this week haven't changed much.

For me,
-to pack and declutter our house (while cleaning for a bday party too )
-to enjoy and play with my boys
-to be patient and understanding especially with the lil two who are really needing it

-have faith in it all working out just right

Leaving to the Universe this week (new for me, kinda hard to let go of, but doing it)
-income the next 6 months, an extra $2000 (or more!)or so will come from somewhere

-finding my new house. I see that most of you guys are really specific, is it ok I'm not? I really only care that it have enough bedrooms, a lot of kitchen space, room to have friends over, places for the boys to safely play, and be in a safe area with a yard. Not picky about the details though

Hopefully I'll keep up a bit with you guys
#79 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I think what I woudl like to ask here is, how many of us have dhs who are fully on board with LoA stuff and the like, how many dhs are neutral and how many are actually threatened in some way by it? Presumably the first group are having a good time with it; how do the rest of us handle the issues that come up?
My DH is some of all three. He's comfortable with LOA itself, but very uncomfortable with the New Age aspect/clothing of it, and so he averages out to neutral although it varies day by day.

I suppose this is similar to my own views, in that I am not crazy about the New Aginess of it, but I approach that with humor and go for the good stuff anyway, figuring that I'll get rid of the chaff later on. He expresses all this through the filter of a rather insecure Leo personality so it's more intense.

I had to put my foot down and ask him to be respectful at a certain point. That worked well, after a little time passed. Another thing that worked well is that I've taken it very slow, and for the most part been comfortable with his choices being his choices.

I skipped reading in depth most of the rest of your writing on the subject because, you probably won't be surprised to hear...

You're making this more difficult than it really is!

Quote:
See, to me that sounds like me saying to him, "Deal with it, not my problem."
It isn't your problem. And you can't make it your problem: all you can do is make a new problem for yourself that mirrors his problem. But it's still gonna be his problem, not yours. And then you'll both have a problem.*

That's not all there is to it, though, there is a positive side. Take a deep breath.

You create your own reality.

The more you focus on what-is, the more what-is you get.

Focusing on what-is in a fix-it mode doesn't solve anything by itself. If you are being moved to inspired action because this is how your desire is manifesting itself, then go with it! But if it's just producing more of what-is, and/or it doesn't feel better, that tells you that it is not a time for action.

You don't create your reality only by action. You create your reality primarily with your vibrations. Focusing on your vibrational journey, or your emotional journey, is more important than the action journey.

In other words, without saying or doing anything, you can change the situation completely.

If you want, take another deep breath

What is your ultimate desire here? What do you want to feel? What do you want to feel around your day-to-day relationship? What do you want to feel around your day-to-day relationship and loa?

Without saying or doing anything concrete, you can bring about what you desire.

The starting point is to get clear on what you desire, and then to focus on it. Feel it. Feel it and think about it predominantly. Don't worry when reality is different--reality will align with your desire.

It sounds like you have a belief that This is who your husband is. It's not. This is who he is in the moment. He'll align to your desire too. He'll do so in a way that is vibrationally compatible for him. If he was incapable of aligning to your desire he would vibrate out of your experience--if the difference was too profound. What I hear from you is that you are certain that on the profound level you guys are compatible and aligned. So don't worry about it, it's the profound stuff that really matters.

You may in fact find that you yourself are also changed, if your desire is that you both are in harmony, he may not be the only one who will change.

There's this great quote from Abe: "I know you believe that you are the last person on earth who would stand in your own way, but in fact you are the ONLY person on earth who stands in your own way."

Your power is within yourself, not outside.

*I'm not saying you should totally leave him to his own devices and go your own way in an action sense. I'm saying that you should do that in an emotional sense--and as we LOA people know, and other people usually don't, the real power is in the emotional journey. Participate in the actions in whatever way feels best to you, but if you do it from the feeling-place that you desire, it will work. If you do it from the feeling-place of what-is, it will just reproduce what-is over and over. And that will not help him either anyway. In the meantime, engage in the actions but don't put a lot of energy or focus on them... it won't matter very much what they are until you have gotten somewhere on your emotional journey anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
:

What is going on here? Maybe one of you mamas who knows about that kind of thing can tell me that some planet is going screwy or the moon is in a bad spot or something.

I've been feeling so off in relationships the last couple of days. Things have seemed really...guarded whenever I talk to my friends, like we're holding things back. It seems like I have to coax them into talking, and they have to get me to talk, too. I've been feeling really insecure and jealous in relationships, feeling like people are ignoring me, feeling like my friends have stopped caring.

Well, my best friend today (one of the people who I was feeling "off" about) said the same thing. Out of nowhere he goes, "This weekend has been weird. Everything feels off, and...just weird".

And then, my other best friend a few minutes ago, during an IM conversation says, "I'm feeling weird. I just don't feel good, and I got irritated at (her boyfriend) for no reason, and I'm just getting irritated at people and feeling weird and off about them"

I hadn't even mentioned to any of them that things seemed weird to me.

So...what's going on here?

It does sound a little bit like a case of the more you focus on what-is the more what-is you get.

I was thinking about this for myself... in another area of life, I found myself often reflecting on how someone seemed quite know-it-all (I would like to note that I have never felt this way about anyone here cause you are all gorgeous and fabulous!) and guess what... someone far more know-it-all showed up!

Anyway, sometimes I think we focus on the negatives for no reason, but sometimes we do get benefit out of it so it's not always The Wrong Thing To Do in a way, sometimes it's right for us at the time for some unknown reason. If that makes any sense.
#80 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
flute/piccolo for me
'Nother flute player here! Though if I'm honest, I talked more than I practiced

Quote:
I realized something today that may help some of you process how you see LOA and how to see it in a more encouraging light. Because, frankly, it's helping me! lol

Yesterday, we found our house. The one that has everything on my list, hubby's list and the kids' list. It fits so well...so perfect...it's beyond words. Even how we found the house was a fluke. The whole time we were talking to the owners (several hours, they showed us around, lovely folks), I kept seeing things that we all had on our "manifestation of a house" list as well as other things that readers had told me I should expect.

This house is priced a bit more than we had in mind. When we got in the jeep after seeing it. Hubby says, "that's OUR house". I said, "I agree...I just don't know the "how" yet"... lol

Thanks for sharing this, that is an easier way for me to think of it. And Yeah!!! for the house find!

Quote:
Help help help...

I seem to be making more requests for help these days:

We just moved from WA to BC,Canada on March 2. We've been painting, laying floors, doing renovations on our new house - very stressful for us, very stressful for DS.

DH isn't working while we are doing this, so we can get it mostly taken care of before he returns to work - we have a goal of next Monday for his return to work.

DH was supposed to receive 3 weeks of vacation pay from his former employer, yet he hasn't received it yet.

We are also owed a refund of our deposit from our former landlords, but instead received an itemized bill from them for essentially upgrading the house after we left. What they are doing is completely illegal and they know it, but it means that our deposit is still in their hands until either they come to their senses and realize that we know the law (we're sending them an official letter letting them know and requesting our deposit to be returned within the week), or we take them to small claims court (ugh).

DH hasn't yet received a job offer for a new job here.

This morning when I was thinking about this crap with the landlords and how I'm essentially freaking right out about money (mortgage is due, bills are due, we're using savings to cover it), I slipped on our amazingly slippery even with a suction cup mat tub and fell, and bruised the top of my foot something fierce. I broke down and just sobbed after that, more from emotional pain than physical, although it hurt terribly.

How how how can I free myself from all of this worry about money despite these daunting circumstances?

And what do I do about this landlord thing - they owe us between $700 and $1000 depending on how our lease is worded. I want my money but I don't want to spend any energy of this situation, and especially not on taking them to court!

I know you ladies can help me to see the forest through the trees, because I am so very much in the thick of things right now.

Help - I SO want to find a way to feel good!:
No ideas for you but just
#81 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I feel it would be much easier (obviously) if we were both on the same page with this LoA stuff, but that's not the reality on the ground right now, and how do I steer a path between using it for both of us, manifesting or not being able to manifest for him, and not hiding what I believe yet not having talk of the LoA actually divide us?
Stop talking about it. Just do it.

What I hear is that you *need* him to be on *your page*. He isn't. That is what is meant to be, at this point. Your role isn't to bring him on board. It is to recognize your role, in your life, at creating joy.

Trying to change him doesn't create joy for any of you, it seems.

Same with ds, you don't have to teach, just model. What we do is more powerful, than what we say.

Stop talking about it. Just do it.

Affirmation: I choose joy in my life.

Pat

I have a blog.
#82 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I was also a band geek. Clarinet too. But the school I went to was so small that I also fit into the cool group, the pot-heads and the geeks.
cool pot-head geeks! now that's my kind of school!

Quote:

April, that is SO cool! Congrats on finding your house!:

And I totally your insight! It's a game, a puzzle. It'll be so cool to see how the Universe deals with that one! Like a cliffhanger episode of your favorite show, and you're like "wow, I wonder how they'll get out of this one?" I so get this, and it is exactly what I need right now when thinking about finding our house. I've been having a hard time thinking of it without getting stuck in the how's... and you just gave me the solution! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
:

Astro-mama to the rescue!
Mars is conjunct Neptune (they are together in the sky from our viewpoint). Mars is our assertiveness and Neptune is fog. So this can bring out insecurities, confuse communication, make us feel tentative because we can't see where we're going.
On the positive side, Neptune is also dreams and idealism and altered states (of all kinds). So do some loving service for someone else, take some time to dream, or get lost in some good music, a novel or a movie. Dance, or go out and enjoy Nature. In terms of LoA, it can be a really good time to dream of what you want and particularly how you want to feel. Just don't push and don't expect things to be clear right now. Be kind to yourself and to others; you don't have to figure it all out right now. It'll ease up over the next few days.

But then we have more Pluto energy because Pluto turns retrograde next Saturday, just before the Full Moon. In a word, Pluto is intensity. It tends to bring things up from our unconscious, which can feel yucky, but it's a great opportunity for healing. You may have felt some of this last weekend, at the new Moon. It's a good time to feel the depth of our desire to change, and to feel the power of that desire, and of the Universe responding to it.

But for now, sweet dreams!

I need to get a toddler who had a too-late nap into bed!: Hooray for dh who is reading lots and lots of stories!

edited to add: April has the Mars-Neptune thing down (see above!)
#83 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM

I'm sorry I'm so "self-focused" right now and not much help to anyone. It will calm down when I get my site up and I get my book in the mail to check the publishing, I swear.

In the meantime... anyone know of a mail program for email? I guess you have to have a separate mail program/server/whatever once you get a domain name, the host doesn't provide that sort of thing, and Outlook isn't what I'm after.

So... anyone know what I mean and have suggestions? Thanks!
#84 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM

I'm back from a weekend retreat with some amazing women. We did some work, drank some wine, ate some food, laughed more than should be legally allowed, and planned some ways to do amazing work for women suffering from PPD. I'm completely refreshed and energized.

I'm also thrilled to say that the universe has moved with speed, in ways that we were told were impossible, to sell 270 excess boxes of cookies for my Girl Scout troop. It seems like such a silly thing, but our girls had worked their butts off, sold 1200 boxes of cookies to pay for our activities for this year and next, but the remaining cookies still to be paid for ate our entire profit. My co-leaders were freaking out, saying that we were no longer going to sell cookies, panicking that parents were going to pull their kids from the troop.....I had a talk with my co-leaders about our attitudes regarding the remaining cookies, wrote a letter to a few decision makers, knew that the cookies already had buyers, and went out of cell phone range for the weekend. When I returned, having not thought about it the entire time of the retreat, it was DONE! Not exactly manifesting a new car, but it feels great anyway I know that if this had happened last year, I would have been a wreck over the entire thing, yet this year I've had nothing but calm and joy in the process.

My intentions for the week:

Major progress on the projects that have been neglected over the last few weeks. The stumbling blocks are gone, so they will both be finished by Friday.

Patience and joy in my interactions with my family, especially my youngest. She needs me a lot lately, and I will see this as a blessing.

New professional connections to expand my business.

Energy, time, and motivation to make it to the gym every day, and an appetite for healthy food.

A check in the mail that will pay for my next training class.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#85 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:20 PM

Thank you so much for the replies, it menas so much to me to get all these different slants on it. I'm not going to reply to all of it now except in brief, becasue we jsut got back from the concert and I want t go spend time with dh.

I realised myself tonight that this is not really about The Secret. For both of us that's jsut a reflection of the bigger issues. MCAL, yes, we have both rea;lly listened to each other and I do know what is behind it - I guess that's what I was trying to explain. Melanie, I think we both feel that we would not start a new business venture without consulting each other. It's not that we don't have some very different interests, but that we were essentialy leading separate lives and not making time for each other. In fact, it was he who first called on that and said he really wanted to re-establish emotional intimacy with me. What you said about ds, I must have mnaifested, because I was jsut thinking that we should probably just explain to him that Mom and Dad have different views on this stuff. Sphinxie, as always what you said really resonated with me. thank you everyone else too, I know I left someone (or several someones) out. I'll come back to your repiles tomorrow.

Chasmyn, I jsut wanted to sned you As several have said to me, hold in your mind how you want to feel and that should take care of it as the U knows how!

'Night all!
#86 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Astro-mama to the rescue!
Mars is conjunct Neptune (they are together in the sky from our viewpoint). Mars is our assertiveness and Neptune is fog. So this can bring out insecurities, confuse communication, make us feel tentative because we can't see where we're going.
On the positive side, Neptune is also dreams and idealism and altered states (of all kinds). So do some loving service for someone else, take some time to dream, or get lost in some good music, a novel or a movie. Dance, or go out and enjoy Nature. In terms of LoA, it can be a really good time to dream of what you want and particularly how you want to feel. Just don't push and don't expect things to be clear right now. Be kind to yourself and to others; you don't have to figure it all out right now. It'll ease up over the next few days.

But then we have more Pluto energy because Pluto turns retrograde next Saturday, just before the Full Moon. In a word, Pluto is intensity. It tends to bring things up from our unconscious, which can feel yucky, but it's a great opportunity for healing. You may have felt some of this last weekend, at the new Moon. It's a good time to feel the depth of our desire to change, and to feel the power of that desire, and of the Universe responding to it.

But for now, sweet dreams!

Oh, thank you! This explains a ton, and it all seems to fit perfectly. I'm glad it's going to ease up in the next few days. Phew.

I knew there had to be something going on, because it seems to be affecting everybody I know in their relationships.

Next weekend sounds like it will be...interesting, too.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#87 of 753 Old 03-25-2007, 11:54 PM

I have a technical question for you guys on long-term abundance esp financial.

I've got a reasonable abundance at the moment. I feel like the manifestation track I've been on is "money now, no money later" to put it succinctly.

The exercises like the Prosperity Game seem to stay within "money now" without working on "no money later."

ETA: I did some more thinking about this, and decided to play with the vision I have for myself/us of "money later". In general I'm needing to focus on 17 secs and anything else that really gets me to focus...
#88 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
'Nother flute player here! Though if I'm honest, I talked more than I practiced
Oboe here!!!
#89 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I want my money but I don't want to spend any energy of this situation, and especially not on taking them to court!
You may find that you don't need to take them to court, you may also find that if you do take them to court it is surprisingly easy. No matter how it works out, I'm sure it will be easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
When I returned, having not thought about it the entire time of the retreat, it was DONE! Not exactly manifesting a new car, but it feels great anyway I know that if this had happened last year, I would have been a wreck over the entire thing, yet this year I've had nothing but calm and joy in the process.
Woohoo! What a fantastic story!
#90 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:12 AM

I played the tuba.

Not well, though, so that redeems me a bit, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page