March 25-31, Marvelous Manifesting Mamas - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
No, I don't know what you mean. Are you looking for name@yourdomainname.com email addresses? Most hosting companies do include email when they host the domain. Or are you after something else? (The comment about outlook is throwing me...)

ETA: Oh, do you mean an email application for sending and receiving mail? I use Outlook because it's what is on my system. I know some people use Eudora and are happy with that. I'm sure there are many other free ones that you can download and install. You might also be able to use webmail with your host, so check into that option.
They provide email, BUT... you have to provide software to support it.

I thought that outlook would be all I needed, too. But you have to have some software on your site server to accept the email, and forward it to your outlook. I think they call it email management software, or maybe email server software, not sure.

Outlook only does your desktop stuff, it retrieves the email from the email server/software, and presents it to you in organized format. What I need is the software that receives and sorts the email for outlook to read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Louise Hay's affirmation of the day from louisehay.com

"My home is a peaceful haven."

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#123 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Banned

i use 1and1 for my site hosting and they have an email thing that will foward my @domainname.com email to my yahoo account. they also have this great newsletter function.

the whole thing is very easy to use all around.
#124 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
They provide email, BUT... you have to provide software to support it.

I thought that outlook would be all I needed, too. But you have to have some software on your site server to accept the email, and forward it to your outlook. I think they call it email management software, or maybe email server software, not sure.

Outlook only does your desktop stuff, it retrieves the email from the email server/software, and presents it to you in organized format. What I need is the software that receives and sorts the email for outlook to read.
Can the host not recommend some software? I've never heard of having to install your own mail server software, so I'm no help there. It seems odd to me that this is the set-up, actually.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#125 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Will they forward mail to another address for you, like zoebird's host? If so, you can send and receive through Outlook (assuming you have another ISP related address there) using your @domainname.com without any additional software. Let me know if the answer is yes and I'll explain how.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#126 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
-get us a great deal on a decent latex mattress for ds's room for us (ds and I) to sleep on
I'm not positive if they ship mattresses or what the cost would be as we live close enough to have them drive ours down, but PJ's Sleep Company carries all natural latex mattresses wrapped in organic wool (the fire barrier), and then covered in organic cotton. We have them on all our beds. They are a wonderful shop to work with and extremely nice people. They also sell their mattresses for less than anywhere I've seen. It might be worth the call just to ask them about pricing and if they ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
MLW - I read your post about the feeling of pride for kids/people you don't know. I *thought* that's what you were talking about. I do this too. I wonder if it's because we're highly sensitive (are you?) I am, but not in the way that the book The Highly Sensitive Person describes, I'm just really prone to feeling the emotions of those around me.

Thanks for reposting what you were talking about. I'm interested in this subject A LOT because dd1 is following right in my footsteps by being sooooo sensitive to everything and I'm not sure it's a really good thing yk?

Anybody read any other books about this beside The Highly Sensitive Child?
I am an extremely sensitive person (emotionally and minor SID issues as well). I have never read The Highly Sensitive Child though I have wanted to read it as well as The Out of Sync Child. My boys are all pretty highly sensitive though each in slightly different ways.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#127 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Amris, correct me if I'm wrong. (Amris and I are using the same hosting co.)
I haven't been able to set up an email w/them either and so I'm using my yahoo addy for my guest book (which I need to fix today.)

So, KM, I think she's asking about the hosting co. providing one . . . like I would LOVE my email to be: something like me@findingkate.org but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Amris, if you find out otherwise you''ll have to lmk.

Ack, what system is it that I use.........let me look.............SquirrelMail. I know NOTHING about how it's set up or such, but it allows me to have an @violetlane.com email address linked from my site and such.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#128 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Ack, what system is it that I use.........let me look.............SquirrelMail. I know NOTHING about how it's set up or such, but it allows me to have an @violetlane.com email address linked from my site and such.
Thank you.
#129 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 PM

It seems that Amris and I are having a similar work day.

I am trying not to lose my buzz over website issues. I'm having another one with my old .com name. It's still parked by GoDaddy! I thought this had been taken care of loooong ago.
#130 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
In the meantime... anyone know of a mail program for email? I guess you have to have a separate mail program/server/whatever once you get a domain name, the host doesn't provide that sort of thing, and Outlook isn't what I'm after.

So... anyone know what I mean and have suggestions? Thanks!
I use Mozilla Thunderbird. I set it to my server and the mail comes to me at me@mydomainname In fact, it also comes to blahblah@mydomainname. Anything@mydomainname comes to me, in the same inbox. except there's a separate account set up for dh. lmk if you get it and need some help; I've pretty much got it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
I'm back from a weekend retreat with some amazing women. We did some work, drank some wine, ate some food, laughed more than should be legally allowed, and planned some ways to do amazing work for women suffering from PPD. I'm completely refreshed and energized.

I'm also thrilled to say that the universe has moved with speed, in ways that we were told were impossible, to sell 270 excess boxes of cookies for my Girl Scout troop. It seems like such a silly thing, but our girls had worked their butts off, sold 1200 boxes of cookies to pay for our activities for this year and next, but the remaining cookies still to be paid for ate our entire profit. My co-leaders were freaking out, saying that we were no longer going to sell cookies, panicking that parents were going to pull their kids from the troop.....I had a talk with my co-leaders about our attitudes regarding the remaining cookies, wrote a letter to a few decision makers, knew that the cookies already had buyers, and went out of cell phone range for the weekend. When I returned, having not thought about it the entire time of the retreat, it was DONE! Not exactly manifesting a new car, but it feels great anyway I know that if this had happened last year, I would have been a wreck over the entire thing, yet this year I've had nothing but calm and joy in the process.
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
Oboe here!!!
Quote:
I played the tuba.

Not well, though, so that redeems me a bit, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
I played clarinet too!!!!
So cool! If we got a Manifesting Mamas band together, we'd have clarinets, flutes, an oboe and a tuba! And guitar and violin, but it's hard to march with them.
I think tubas are great. You must have lung power, Amris!
And I used to want to play the oboe; they sound so wonderful (and I could never get my clarinet to sound all that great.) but my school didn't have one and we couldn't afford one. Not sure who would've taught me, anyhow...
I did play bass clarinet for a couple concerts and it was fun because I shared my part with the baritones and I played way better than they did. (which isn't saying so very much, really... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Oh, and my new thing (y'all will be so proud) --

I started a "Positivity" policy in my classroom, specifically for the adults. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut or go somewhere else. I am so tired of the bitching and complaining and sighing and "joking" comments everyone makes. It's so easy for them to be down... so I told them all we're trying it for a week. I have pretty much guaranteed that we'll all be happier and full of energy by the end of the week, I can't wait! The funniest thing is that everyone is so quick to totally agree that the negativity has to stop, but they all want to blame it on everyone else. I just and say we'll ALL stop doing it.
Cool. And when it makes everybody feel better, they'll keep doing it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
This is very helpful.

So in a nutshell, after Sat. old junk is coming back to give us an opportunity to heal and to learn from the "Contrast?" Is that about it?

I'm trying to figure out if you meant last Saturday (March 24) or next Saturday (March 31)

MDC poster Tracy says that the current time, (until the Aries new moon in mid April right?) is also a good time for decluttering if you are so inclined.
Decluttering physical stuff, mental stuff, it's all good if you ask me.
Saturday the 31st is the Pluto station. Yeah, plenty of contrast! And lots of looking into the depths, which some people tend to enjoy more than others... But we can use this energy to really clear stuff out, inner and outer. The more clear we are, the better it works. Not a time for wishy-washy-ness.

It fits really well with what Tracy is talking about.

Yesterday I got myself out of a lousy mood by doing some decluttering. I went through a couple boxes of "sewing stuff" and realized a lot of it was just things I hadn't wanted to let go of, up until now! So some went in the trash (I am not morally obligated to find a use for every scrap of fabric!) and others went into the "please go away" donation bag. It was so freeing, to say "thank you, goodbye" to some of these old clothes.

And I think it was CC who was talking about symbols... I fixed this one skirt that I've had for literally years, and tried to fix before but it couldn't be done the way I'd had in mind, but I love it, so I made do. It only fit right when ds was really tiny and I hadn't lost much weight, yet. Well, I realized I could just run a new piece of elastic through and make it exactly how I want it, and it'll be easy to adjust as I get thinner, too. So I'm wearing it. And the symbol is that some things that seemed impossible before are actually easy now, with my new perspective.

Devon, enjoy the moment. It's the journey, not the destination. NOW is all we really have.
#131 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
It seems that Amris and I are having a similar work day.

I am trying not to lose my buzz over website issues. I'm having another one with my old .com name. It's still parked by GoDaddy! I thought this had been taken care of loooong ago.
More astrology; The Moon is void of course in Cancer all day today and early tomorrow, so.... things tend to be very emotional. The best I can put it in a nutshell is to go with the flow as much as possible and by tomorrow afternoon, when the Moon goes into Leo (1:04pm EDT) we'll all feel more productive.

And Eli's_mommy, if you don't hear about your fabulous new job till tomorrow, don't sweat it, they're probably just having snafus in their paperwork or some such.

What I'm noticing myself today is it's all in what I focus on moment to moment. Hmmmm... all the time my stuffy nosed ds woke up to nurse and nurse and nurse all night, or the smile on his face when he woke up this morning, saying something about grass. I asked if he was a goat (his favorite animal) and he said "No. I a zebra! Zebras mammals!" and latched back on!

Do I focus on the various leaks from potties and diapers and that darn cat : using the floor again.... or on the yummy hot cereal I made for breakfast. I was thanking the plants that contributed to it, and said "...thank you grasses (grains),trees (pecans), vines (raisins) and flowers (sunflower seeds)" and how totally cool that little list is...

Now it's the brilliant idea I had for making recordings on the computer without having to buy the $100 tool... which I haven't gotten working (Yet!), or all the wonderful women on this thread and the fact that ds is off playing happily, and that when he brought me a cheese stick, he remembered to close the fridge!:
#132 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
More astrology; The Moon is void of course in Cancer all day today and early tomorrow, so.... things tend to be very emotional. The best I can put it in a nutshell is to go with the flow as much as possible and by tomorrow afternoon, when the Moon goes into Leo (1:04pm EDT) we'll all feel more productive.

And Eli's_mommy, if you don't hear about your fabulous new job till tomorrow, don't sweat it, they're probably just having snafus in their paperwork or some such.

What I'm noticing myself today is it's all in what I focus on moment to moment. Hmmmm... all the time my stuffy nosed ds woke up to nurse and nurse and nurse all night, or the smile on his face when he woke up this morning, saying something about grass. I asked if he was a goat (his favorite animal) and he said "No. I a zebra! Zebras mammals!" and latched back on!

Do I focus on the various leaks from potties and diapers and that darn cat : using the floor again.... or on the yummy hot cereal I made for breakfast. I was thanking the plants that contributed to it, and said "...thank you grasses (grains),trees (pecans), vines (raisins) and flowers (sunflower seeds)" and how totally cool that little list is...

Now it's the brilliant idea I had for making recordings on the computer without having to buy the $100 tool... which I haven't gotten working (Yet!), or all the wonderful women on this thread and the fact that ds is off playing happily, and that when he brought me a cheese stick, he remembered to close the fridge!:
Your posts are raising my vibration! Thank you!

And you also reminded me to get on freecycle and post stuff (which I just did!)
#133 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Okay, the reason it wasn't working was because I hadn't created the mailbox.

:
#134 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:15 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#135 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:17 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#136 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:20 PM

Voyager: Five of Worlds, Setback: On this card are several visual representations of Earth from a space view. Upon closer inspection, however, you would see a barren ground, with a single wilted corn plant growing from it. In the background is a forest fire, and below that, an abandoned Mayan city.

This card reminds us that if we look too closely at our setbacks, that is all we can see. It reminds us to keep a thought to the grander overview- the view of Earth from space. Although the corn plant appears alone, it is, in truth, upon a planet teeming with life. Although the civilization of the past is gone, look at the wonders that exist within your very own civilization.

EMF card: Commitment: definition 1: the quality of being dedicated; a pledge or undertaking definition 2: a conscious or willful engagement or obligation that may require some limitation

Together, this reminds us to remain committed through any apparent setback. It may be easy, in the moment, to forget the larger and grander view, but it is important to continue on anyway.

Civilizations are not created by giving up in the face of adversity and returning to home. Houses are not built by construction men giving up because the concrete for the foundation did not set properly. Our children would not be born if we gave up when the labor become painful and simply decided to carry the child forever, instead.

Do not let appearances deceive you. Do not let setbacks keep you from the greater and grander work that lies ahead.
#137 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:

:
Good! Glad you figured it out. I'm taking a break from it today. I'll try again after the planets rearrange.
#138 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 PM

I just realized something I really love about memiles' story about selling all the Girl Scout cookies... it's a story of how one person changed her attitude, and manifested what she desired, even though the other people involved were freaking out and thinking it wasn't possible.

I think this applies to the conversation we've been having about partners and are they onboard with LoA. Because if I am clear and loving and manifesting and not worrying about dh and whatever he may be thinking, the good things will manifest, anyway! If I worry over what he thinks and if he's with me and if he's blocking me, then I am blocking myself by thinking that. Obviously I want to clarify that I want my manifestations to be for the greatest good of all concerned, and the Universe will certainly take care of that. So I can go ahead and manifest what I want, even if nobody's playing the game with me! And if I really want something, and he wants something else, then I focus on the way I want to feel, turn it over to the universe, and wonder how the brilliant Universe is going to resolve this one!

This feels really big to me, and really freeing. Thank you oh, wonderful women, for being here!
#139 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Louise Hay's affirmation of the day from louisehay.com

"My home is a peaceful haven."

~Momtwice, I swear you always find the perfect quote for my day.

We spent the weekend de-cluttering the computer desk and started on the kitchen. DH and I sniped at each other the whole time, making really nasty comments, hurtful things..... and this was even after we had gone to the friends funeral which I thought was bringing us together. I'm going to print
out that quote and plaster it all over the house!

Quote:

:
Come out from under your chair little Amris. It's okay, come on. Now ready?

Deep cleansing breath.......

Ready? Take another........

: I think the Universe wants you to slow down and relax a minute, before you can get any emails.

Here's my week:

The decluttering is finishing and DH is painting the bedroom and living room.

The mud has dried up in the yard so we can play outside, maybe even w/o coats!

The snowplow customers pay their bills promptly due to DH's EXCELLANT service this season.

At the hockey banquet on Saturday, I won't do this too much which results in this or this or this :Puke

HAVE A GREAT DAY
#140 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Zannalyn, oh yea! Isn't that the greatest? At the Abraham-Hicks seminar they said that one person connected to source is more effective than a million that aren't. I love that!

Melanie
#141 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM

One of the Abraham CDs I listened to talked about a man 'testing' manifestation by picturing a very specific feather, adding lots of detail and holding the image in his mind, and then setting an intention to see it. Later while walking down the street in a business district he thought to turn his head, and there he saw the very feather from his mind, with all the same markings and details, float to the ground beside him.

So, anyone interested in playing a little manifesting game with me? Think of something you wouldn't normally expect to see, and then hold the image in your mind for a while and really focus on the details. Consider the object for a minute or so, and then release your intention to see that... some day. The idea is that you're not emotionally attached to this at all, and therefore hold no resistance, so it should be a fun and easy game to play!

Post here with what you're visualizing, and then let us know how and when you see it!

Melanie
#142 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
I just realized something I really love about memiles' story about selling all the Girl Scout cookies... it's a story of how one person changed her attitude, and manifested what she desired, even though the other people involved were freaking out and thinking it wasn't possible.

I think this applies to the conversation we've been having about partners and are they onboard with LoA. Because if I am clear and loving and manifesting and not worrying about dh and whatever he may be thinking, the good things will manifest, anyway! If I worry over what he thinks and if he's with me and if he's blocking me, then I am blocking myself by thinking that. Obviously I want to clarify that I want my manifestations to be for the greatest good of all concerned, and the Universe will certainly take care of that. So I can go ahead and manifest what I want, even if nobody's playing the game with me! And if I really want something, and he wants something else, then I focus on the way I want to feel, turn it over to the universe, and wonder how the brilliant Universe is going to resolve this one!

This feels really big to me, and really freeing. Thank you oh, wonderful women, for being here!
I find it so funny that this silly little cookie sale has taught me so much.

And you are 100% right. Through the entire process, I've been working on keeping my vibe above the negative energy from other adults (and I can tell you, EVERY parent made comments that said "this isn't going to work today" at pretty much every site sale). I was also very conscious of modeling gratitude and a high vibe for the girls. They go into these events expecting exactly what their parents have told them to expect, but there I was saying "lets give some good energy to the Cafe Cookies. They are delicious, and people will buy them if we think they will"

The same is so very true in our home. DH was raised to see the glass as half empty, and DS has been the same way his entire life. It's amazing to feel how the vibration of our home has changed since I started saying "thank you" for everything, since I've decided we are living abundantly, etc. They are on board, without any knowledge of LoA beyond what I've told them. They aren't deliberatly manifesting, but they are responding to my energy. They probably still think mom is wacky, but a happy, grateful wacky mom still makes the house way more fun than a worried, pessimistic, and crabby mom, right?

Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#143 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
One of the Abraham CDs I listened to talked about a man 'testing' manifestation by picturing a very specific feather, adding lots of detail and holding the image in his mind, and then setting an intention to see it. Later while walking down the street in a business district he thought to turn his head, and there he saw the very feather from his mind, with all the same markings and details, float to the ground beside him.

So, anyone interested in playing a little manifesting game with me? Think of something you wouldn't normally expect to see, and then hold the image in your mind for a while and really focus on the details. Consider the object for a minute or so, and then release your intention to see that... some day. The idea is that you're not emotionally attached to this at all, and therefore hold no resistance, so it should be a fun and easy game to play!

Post here with what you're visualizing, and then let us know how and when you see it!
A VW painted with a cow spot paint job. It was the first thing that popped into my mind.

#144 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 PM

mamaedge5, you are a riot!:

Yeah, Annikate, it is cool. And I've heard people say it before, but I just now really got it. Funny how that works.

I just checked the weather forecast and they are calling for thunderstorms tonight! I thunderstorms! AND : they think the high tomorrow will be 65F! My intention is to ride my bike, with ds in trailer behind, to the park for playgroup, thus beginning my season of getting my plump tushie is shape!
#145 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:

I'll play!

I choose to see a coffee mug. You know those ones that have your name, and the definition of your name on it?

Well, this is going to be a tough one, because I want to see one with my RL name on it, with proper spelling of my name (Sandi). The mug will be white, the writing will be blue. On each side of my name will be pretty green vines with tiny pink roses on them.
#146 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:55 PM

I choose to see a tshirt with the Grateful Dead on it, something I rarely see. A nice tie dye with a poetic quote from their lyrics on it.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#147 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama

I want to play too! I am going to see two people walking under an umbrella on a perfectly sunny day. They are going to be young people, a man and a woman.
#148 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I want to play too! I am going to see two people walking under an umbrella on a perfectly sunny day. They are going to be young people, a man and a woman.
You, my dear, are an odd duck.
#149 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 03:18 PM

I want to see a rose. A beautiful pink rose.

And, BTW, I am have just at this moment finished listening to A-H talk about doing almost this exact exercise.
#150 of 753 Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

I'll play! I want to see someone in a snow suit -- I am in Florida and it is about 80 degrees so that's a good test eh?

I don't mean in a magazine either!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page