April 1-7 No foolin' Manifesting Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I was actually speaking to the generalized attitude that says it's not real, not to anyone in this thread. I knew what you meant, I just felt like speaking to the generalized statement that people often make of, "those aren't really your friends, you only know them over the internet."

Which isn't true. I know more about most of you than I know about most of my ex-coworkers. Not for lack of trying with them, either.
it occurred to me after i sent my last post that you probably weren't addressing me, duh! LOL i'm going through some internal stuff right now and i'm feeling kind of vulnerable and exposed. i'm working my way through it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Valerie, can dh come with you to meet the artist? Have a coffee together and chat, include dh? He sounds like he feels excluded... abandoned, perhaps? Those feelings are his wounds from the past, nurture and support those feelings with tenderness and he'll probably opt not to come. If so, wonderful, but he'll feel less threatened of losing your love. (which is what this is all about, I imagine).

Pat

I have a blog.
#63 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Not caught up on the thread, but just had to pop in and say I'm the luckiest mama to have meet both Terri and TaraCC in one weekend!!

I praised Terri yesterday and just had to say also how WONDERFUL TaraCC is!!! We had a great time with her family and I'm so blessed to have met wondeful friends (soul connections) this weekend. Thank you, mamas, for making the effort to come see me!

I'll be back tomorrow to blather on more about the weekend.

PS. I had the honor of a personal preview of Tara's CD....and it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Ooooh! I wanna hear it, I wanna hear it!
#64 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 AM

indigenousmama,

Pat

I have a blog.
#65 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
indigenousmama,

Pat
thanks, i appreciate that.
#66 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
subbing and will bbl w/more. . . .

I manifested my couple under their umbrella!
Did I miss the story about the couple under the umbrella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Tying over from the last thread.... Bill Harris does one all on his own? I don't think I'll listen to that. I'm really glad he did the series; I've learned a lot, and it was a thing of great value to me while being a pretty brilliant marketing strategy for him, so I learned something there, too. But I really feel that he tries too hard. I guess he's just soooooo enthusiastic about his business and such, but... especially when he was interviewing Michael Beckwith, I just wanted him to shut up about himself and his precious company and let the Rev. talk! And I say all this without malice, especially as I eagerly look forward to manifesting the $$ to get Holosync.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
This is my feeling about him EXACTLY. I love the people he interviews and what they have to say...it's him that irritates me. And that's exactly it - it feels like he is trying SO hard to use all of this to sell himself and also, to make himself look good. It feels like he is always saying how he already does that and he tells people "all the time" this or that that someone said. And I keep thinking, "what people?". And how he talks so much about how he gets it and how everyone else doesn't. It strikes me as very much ego based and like he wants to appear to be superior, like he is trying so hard to appear to be as credible as the people he is interviewing. And what's missing is the love and the compassion.

Every single person he interviews radiates love or compassion or genuine desire to spread the love and make a difference for people. He just radiates trying too hard. But I love that he did his, because I love the course.
I feel the same way. I am so grateful that he did all those interviews and made them available for free, but I have a hard time taking him seriously (he still reminds me of John Lithgow).

I found this interesting (from his last email):
"My only goal from the course has been to enrich your life as much as my participation in The Secret has enriched mine."
Really? He didn't hope to sell his Holosync program?
(But I still want it, after all I've read about it here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
First of all, a little something that always makes me giggle: Here
:
#67 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 AM

DH knows he can come with me, I already told him - I don't have anything to hide... but he's not interrested. Plus, I couldn't talk to the artist if DH was there because he hates seeing me wanting to talk to people like that (not just this man, but any singer, actor/actress,...)

He can't wrap his mind around the idea that I'm genuinly interrested in a conversation with them, that I like talking to them because we share an interest in arts (I use to sing and play theatre... stopped 14 years ago), that I'm not a *groupy* waiting for her celebrity fix!

Another thing that play against me is that he truly beleives that everyone have sex with everyone else in the artistic colony : Thanks Hollywood! :

Valérie   
#68 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Has anyone else listened to this James Ray interview?

http://www.universeofpower.com/resou...interview.html

I listened to it over the weekend and WOW! I liked it a lot more than the Bill Harris interview. He really gets into some deep stuff. I have a new level of respect for him. It's even worth listening to his plug at the end about his different courses and seminars.

It's just over an hour long, so allow enough time. I burned it to a CD and listened to it in the car.
#69 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
Did I miss the story about the couple under the umbrella?
Oh! I forgot to post about it!

Yes, I manifested my couple walking under their umbrella. The couple is KateSt. and her dh and I have a pic to prove it. The picture is hilarious by the way!

I'll post it if Kate gives permission.
#70 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Oh! I forgot to post about it!

Yes, I manifested my couple walking under their umbrella. The couple is KateSt. and her dh and I have a pic to prove it. The picture is hilarious by the way!

I'll post it if Kate gives permission.

Are you around Kate? I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to see the picture!
#71 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:

http://www.universeofpower.com/resou...interview.html

I listened to it over the weekend and WOW! I liked it a lot more than the Bill Harris interview. He really gets into some deep stuff. I have a new level of respect for him. It's even worth listening to his plug at the end about his different courses and seminars.

It's just over an hour long, so allow enough time. I burned it to a CD and listened to it in the car.
Burning this now! I really really like him and he was my least fave at the beginning.
#72 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I love this idea. I am thinking of putting something on my belly for the baby (and me).

T
I always wanted to do something like this when I was preggo w/ ds , but never did. I love this idea of conscious loving body art! This is making me want to do it for this belly. How far along are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasuremapper View Post
I need some help dealing with anxiety. I am scared that something will go wrong where we cannot close on our dream house. Then that fear scares me that I will create that happening with my fear / lack of faith.

Specifically, I need help from you. Can you please help me to do some release work on my fear of having a great place to live? I deserve it, and my dh and my kids certainly deserve it!

Thank you for your help.
I just went through a similar thing. We found our "perfect" house in the perfect community at the perfect community and were totally on a roll manifesting everything to come together perfectly and all of the sudden days before the closing weird problems started popping up and I realized I had stopped focusing on the bliss of the end result (living in my house in the coolest neighborhood all happy and blissed out) and started questioning the move. Is it too far...will I make friends...what about my family/friends etc. etc. As I felt like that the conditions that created my wants started to dissolve. When I realized I could loose the house (by my own means!) I realized how much I wanted it and just started pictureing the awesome patio dh is going to put in and I looked at pictures of it and say myself w/ new baby in a sling and ds on his tricycle waving back to me from the picture saying..."Come in...we love it here...we deserve this!" Then I started getting involved with this thread to keep my inspiration up and what do you know all the loose ends have come together and Dh is heading out tonight to go sign for the house tomorrow!

So for me I had to go back to my "don't wants" to realize this is really what I wanted. Plus, some mamas here helped me back into the perspective that it didn't matter if we didn't get this house b/c that just means something better is waiting around the corner. Letting go of that fear really helped. REmembering that only good things can happen in my life really helped.

Mama, you deserve the best house! Go for it!

To all the mamas who were able to meet up this weekend that sounds so unbelievably fabulous! Must have been really heightening to get to share some of that positive energy. Good for you and I look forward to the day I get to meet some of you wonderful ladies!
#73 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM

RE: the FL meet with ALL THE LOA MAMAS!!!!!!

February is a wonderful time of year here. Beautiful weather, not a lot of people, . .. . .

Kate and I were talking about starting a *fund* right now for all of you who are far away. We could set up a paypal just for that purpose and donate little by little.

Just a thought . . . .

I think it'd be so wonderful to have all of us together in one place! Imagine the energy!
#74 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM

I have one intention for the week:
For dh and I to connect like we used to (before dds ) Seriously, I find myself nostalgic for the times dh and I had before we were parents.

I think visiting my old *hood* this weekend has brought up this stuff for me. I'm realizing just how much our relationship has changed b/c we are now parents.

I'm kind of sad about it.

Do you all understand what I mean?

Send me some affirmations for this pretty please! :
#75 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
DH knows he can come with me, I already told him - I don't have anything to hide... but he's not interrested. Plus, I couldn't talk to the artist if DH was there because he hates seeing me wanting to talk to people like that (not just this man, but any singer, actor/actress,...)

He can't wrap his mind around the idea that I'm genuinly interrested in a conversation with them, that I like talking to them because we share an interest in arts (I use to sing and play theatre... stopped 14 years ago), that I'm not a *groupy* waiting for her celebrity fix!

Another thing that play against me is that he truly beleives that everyone have sex with everyone else in the artistic colony : Thanks Hollywood! :
My dp is a bit like that (minus the artistic community which I'm not a part of )
#76 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
For dh and I to connect like we used to (before dds ) Seriously, I find myself nostalgic for the times dh and I had before we were parents.

I think visiting my old *hood* this weekend has brought up this stuff for me. I'm realizing just how much our relationship has changed b/c we are now parents.

I completely know what you mean

Love love love love the baby. But, sometimes you just want to just spend the day with your dp/dh and not have to feel responsible for someone else. I think it's important to get a sitter occassionally and still go out. I just realized that recently myself, and I'm getting better about having time together alone.
#77 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
I completely know what you mean

Love love love love the baby. But, sometimes you just want to just spend the day with your dp/dh and not have to feel responsible for someone else. I think it's important to get a sitter occassionally and still go out. I just realized that recently myself, and I'm getting better about having time together alone.
We have been making time to go out and it does help but I want the romance, the affection, the attention back yk?

I don't know how to get my mind around this without making it into what I *don't want* or without sounding negative.
#78 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Oh, I totally get that! lol I think some of it is you have to take the time to "look" at your hubby as you did before you had kids. My husband and I still touch often...simple things like a shoulder, arm, face, etc...simply to stay connected.

An affirmation...hmmmm...how about: My husband and I love each other on all levels, and it shows!
#79 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, my boyfriend James Ray?
Yeah, he does have a way with words, doesn't he?!?!?!
#80 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Oh, my boyfriend James Ray?
Yeah, he does have a way with words, doesn't he?!?!?!
You always crack me up when you say this.
Now I'm picturing you and James whenever I think of either of you! I'm helping you manifest mama!
#81 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
Oh, I totally get that! lol I think some of it is you have to take the time to "look" at your hubby as you did before you had kids. My husband and I still touch often...simple things like a shoulder, arm, face, etc...simply to stay connected.

An affirmation...hmmmm...how about: My husband and I love each other on all levels, and it shows!
Good one! Thanks!
#82 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
For dh and I to connect like we used to (before dds )
What a wonderful thing to create! It will benefit you all individually, as a couple and as a family.

I'd start with something easy like,

"Dh and I have time to connect everyday."
#83 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I love this idea. I am thinking of putting something on my belly for the baby (and me).

T
What a cool idea! I know dh has played with henna before years ago, but now I need to bug him, that be such a cool bonding thing. He always feels so left out during most of my pregnancy

Quote:
Wait a minute. Wait a minute....

Did I just see someone take the name of the French Toast God in vain?

That will be no eggs and bakey for thee!

And all the maple syrup for ME! :nana:
If I made a nice offering, could I have some stuffed with cream cheese and berries? Pleeeaaase? I'd be sure to spread the gospel of French Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I was just thinking the other day how much it would raise our vibration to have words of love printed right on our bodies.

I actually frequently write myself messages using eyeliner, usually on my thigh or somewhere only I'll see. Something simple like "Love" that makes me smile every time I see it.
Never thought about it, but back in highschool when I was really depressed I used to write stuff on my legs, arms, pants and shoes, and often felt better.

Quote:
I was actually speaking to the generalized attitude that says it's not real, not to anyone in this thread. I knew what you meant, I just felt like speaking to the generalized statement that people often make of, "those aren't really your friends, you only know them over the internet."

Which isn't true. I know more about most of you than I know about most of my ex-coworkers. Not for lack of trying with them, either.
Weird but I agree, I know so many online people better than most of the people in real life. Heck, better than most my family
#84 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
What a wonderful thing to create! It will benefit you all individually, as a couple and as a family.

I'd start with something easy like,

"Dh and I have time to connect everyday."
Thanks! The time is something I need to manifest!
#85 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
Weird but I agree, I know so many online people better than most of the people in real life. Heck, better than most my family
I agree too! I met dh online. Yes, yes, I know. : Actually, we emailed and talked on the telephone for several weeks before we finally met in person.

(And not everyone I know IRL knows that fact either!)
#86 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
andrea... I'm in Toronto. Are you in Canada? If you (or anyone else here lurking) is in TO, PM me! We have a local LoA group going here.
Im in Edmonton, too bad we werent closer! Anyone in Edmonton want a henna tattoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
I always wanted to do something like this when I was preggo w/ ds , but never did. I love this idea of conscious loving body art! This is making me want to do it for this belly. How far along are you?
I did my belly when I was pregnant this summer! I loved it
Heres a picture

Quote:
I just went through a similar thing. We found our "perfect" house in the perfect community at the perfect community and were totally on a roll manifesting everything to come together perfectly and all of the sudden days before the closing weird problems started popping up and I realized I had stopped focusing on the bliss of the end result (living in my house in the coolest neighborhood all happy and blissed out) and started questioning the move. Is it too far...will I make friends...what about my family/friends etc. etc. As I felt like that the conditions that created my wants started to dissolve. When I realized I could loose the house (by my own means!) I realized how much I wanted it and just started pictureing the awesome patio dh is going to put in and I looked at pictures of it and say myself w/ new baby in a sling and ds on his tricycle waving back to me from the picture saying..."Come in...we love it here...we deserve this!" Then I started getting involved with this thread to keep my inspiration up and what do you know all the loose ends have come together and Dh is heading out tonight to go sign for the house tomorrow!

So for me I had to go back to my "don't wants" to realize this is really what I wanted. Plus, some mamas here helped me back into the perspective that it didn't matter if we didn't get this house b/c that just means something better is waiting around the corner. Letting go of that fear really helped. REmembering that only good things can happen in my life really helped.
Thank you for this! Im trying to keep my eye on the prize for our house too
#87 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

Terri --

I hear ya on the marriage front -- I was telling Kate yesterday that me and dh's marriage is solid because it was SO solid before dd came along -- that since she has been born it has been downhill in the way of taking time for eachother and devoting that one on one time JUST as a couple --

Sure, we do things as a family and we still .... *ya know* and everything, but I hear you about the time and attention on the marital relationship, soley on you as a couple...

We have been out probably 4 times for a couple of hours here and there since dd has been born (she's 2 in June) and we want to do more of that now --

It is so important and just the fact that you have made it your intention will yield a big improvement almost immediately imo -- also, now that your second dd is getting better and better and that worry is lifting and you are all healing -- maybe it will be easier to focus that intention on becoming closer with dh...

I think that issue is a common one among mamas, especially attached ones and you are not alone *hugs*

PS -- Also you said you don't know how to re-frame it where you're not saying what you don't want -- it is totally okay to say what you don't want!!! That gives contrast, as long as you aren't dwelling or focusing too much or getting all upset about what you don't want -- the polarity exercise might help there -- like one one side of the page write what you don't want, then on the other column, write the opposite, or what you think you do want as an opposite --- for example you might write:

What I don't want.............................................. ................what I do want and will manifest

Another humdrum night out..............to do something new together and to connect in the process

just sex..........................................to connect on an intimate, passionate, romantic level

only conversations focused on kids.....................lively, intimate, interesting conversations about our mutual interests
#88 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 01:41 PM

So, since dh found out I quit my job, he has been giving me the old hate treatment. Won't even sleep in the same room with me, won't even BE in the same room with me when he can avoid it.

He just called and wants to have "the talk."

Here's the thing. I told him that I waited to tell him because I knew he'd be mad, and I wanted to show some progress first. That my taxes will cover the time I've had "off." To which he replies, "You didn't even give me the chance," and proceeds to give me the hate treatment for four days.

Now... why would I have expected the hate treatment, hmmm?

Anyway, so now I have the threat hanging over me that we're going to "talk about this " tonight. He was "doing me a favor" by not "springing it on me."

Oh, because I wasn't aware you're pissed at me? It's a surprise?

But anyway, now I have this visceral, sick feeling because he's "warned me" that there's going to be him telling me off tonight.

#89 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
So, since dh found out I quit my job, he has been giving me the old hate treatment. Won't even sleep in the same room with me, won't even BE in the same room with me when he can avoid it.

He just called and wants to have "the talk."

Here's the thing. I told him that I waited to tell him because I knew he'd be mad, and I wanted to show some progress first. That my taxes will cover the time I've had "off." To which he replies, "You didn't even give me the chance," and proceeds to give me the hate treatment for four days.

Now... why would I have expected the hate treatment, hmmm?

Anyway, so now I have the threat hanging over me that we're going to "talk about this " tonight. He was "doing me a favor" by not "springing it on me."

Oh, because I wasn't aware you're pissed at me? It's a surprise?

But anyway, now I have this visceral, sick feeling because he's "warned me" that there's going to be him telling me off tonight.

Here's my initial, gut response:
You do not need to feel anything negative about "the talk". In fact, don't even think of it that way. Your dh is not your father. He is not your keeper. YOu are able to make your own choices and you did. You are also taking responsibility for those choices. You do not need to hang your head or explain away.

Now. Deep breath.

Perhaps your dh is angry b/c you didn't make it a family decision? I mean, did you include him in the deciding to quit? Maybe he's feeling left out?

So . .. perhaps you can turn "the talk" into one of an apology for not including him more, asking his opinion more , etc.. and diffuse what you *think* is coming.

Manifest a good talk. A coming together talk. A talk of partnership and how he can help you. You can do it.
#90 of 875 Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM

CC - - how did you know that when we go out we only talk about the girls.

Hey, I'm so glad you got to hook up w/Kate. I missed ya, but we'll meet when we're supposed to, I have no doubt.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page