April 8-14 Manifesting Masters - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
hat's b/c John Stewart is my other boyfriend I do like the simple thank you in the morning though. I have to remember that, instead of, man 7am already?

we're going to have to share him like the other girls are sharing James Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I have really conflicted emotions about the whole thing, b/c I am feeling lack of IRL friends in Seattle, so I want for my potential friendships to work, but I dont feel I have a lot in common with most of these ladies. These are mostly the same ladies that were at the book club and clothes swap. They mostly feel really different about parenting styles, a
My sil lives in Fremont and she is awesome!! so is her dh and her toddler. her son was born in May 2005. pm me if you want her email address. she is very friendly and had a birth center birth, nursed for a long time, family bed, etc. she is pregnant and works full time (from home tho) but it would be cool if yall got together and became friends.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:17 PM

There has to be a way to keep up!

I've been reading Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life. I bought a really pretty edition at the bookstore over the weekend and am reading it slowly and going the exercises in it. Last night I finished chapter 1, and the first exercise was one on the topic of "I should." When I first read through the exercise and her experiences with clients and it, I was having a hard time figuring out how it worked for me. I couldn't think of "I should" sentences and had a bit of a block, so I left it for the time being. Last night dh and I were sitting in the kitchen talking, and something he said triggered my memory of the exercise, so we started talking through it. I loved it ... first he tried it with "I should organize my classroom at school" and followed it up with a bunch of "because" statements. The tone was so negative and felt very "heavy" for lack of a better word. Then, we turned it into a "If I wanted to, I *could* organize my classroom" and I could see the shift of emotion on his face. It was so cool! We did the exercise for a few different "I should's" for both of us and it was so nice to feel that shift from guilt and responsibility to one of freedom and choice. I highly recommend it!

Oh, and KoalaMama, I'm having fun too with the "What I love about me" exercise. I didn't start until last night, but am dedicated to doing it each night remaining this week.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I am going to manifest grants for my Stone Soup Farm!!

wtg!

taradactyl that is great news about your mil!

MLW very cool about the should/could shift

memiles have fun with your new laptop!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Thank you everyone, : I really appreciate the pep talk and insight. I am feeling much much better, that didn't take long did it ? I think I just needed to get it out! I have decided to cancel on the shower and bring them some homemade food when the baby arrives, like Lotm suggested. And I am going to talk with dh tomorrow night when we have some time and we are going to figure out a good solution for the books. Y'all are right, we do find the best solution for all involved. And lastly, definitely, I am going to return to my original feeling about the tax return, which is spend and allocate appropriately and feel good about what I spend it on and who it helps and welcome the abundance that will flow back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
First....

About the shower. Either go and be your strongest self and do it because it will be fun, or don't go and feel good about that decision. It's bringing up insecurities for a reason. Perhaps you can look within and work on some of those things.

Second, I'd talk to your dh about the books and see if you can come up with a compromise. I personally love my books and want them out, yet they can be a bit overwhelming. I KNOW there is a solution that will work for both of you.

Third, spend the money and imagine that amount in your bank account after you've spent the cheque. Feel how wonderful it feels to have that amount...and then get it back in there, with money from other sources. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
These aren't seriously names of ice cream flavours, are they? What's in the Colbert Report?

Huge hugs, Mama. Reading your post I saw a lot of things that looked like fear of not enough.

These women aren't the only chance you have at friends. If you don't feel 'on' with them, you can find other women to bond with. OR... if you do want to be friends with them, you can take a moment to realize just how LUCKY they will be to have you as a friend!!

There will always be more books. Don't be afraid to let go of some that you don't truly love. You'll find others to bring you joy and replace them. (Also agree with MCAL on this here, too! Nothing wrong with loving books, and there's a solution that will work for both of you!)

Don't be afraid of spending money. That's what it's for! There's always more money ready to flow to you. If you sit on money because you are afraid of not getting more, then you know what you're going to manifest... (Ack!)
Oh, and I wanted to say here's the description on the ice cream, I couldn't remember off the top of my head;
Quote:
Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream is a decadent melting pot of vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. It's the sweet taste of liberty in your mouth.
And you are right, about the fear of not enough part. I am really working on that, I think it is definitely a family history type thing, all my immediate relatives are hoarders and pack rats. It's definitely something that takes a lot of intentional thinking on my part to come at it differently, (up til now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I don't think that you should go unless you can get into your happy place before you go. If you can't, then politely let the hostess know that you won't be able to make it, and then do something nice for the mom after the baby gets here (like make a meal or two for her). There are ways to build friendships doing things that you enjoy and feel good about.
Oh, and I meant to say a while back that I liked your family dinner ritual of giving thanks one by one. Was that you?

Thanks again to all of you for that, I needed the boost and reminder :
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
My sil lives in Fremont and she is awesome!! so is her dh and her toddler. her son was born in May 2005. pm me if you want her email address. she is very friendly and had a birth center birth, nursed for a long time, family bed, etc. she is pregnant and works full time (from home tho) but it would be cool if yall got together and became friends.
Oh, how cool! That would be so fun to meet up with her. Where are you located? I was just reading that your group is named Birth Matters and wait, I just got an email today regarding a documentary on Orgasmic Birth and Birth Matters bumper stickers are going to be for sale there! Wait, : is that your group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowilli3 View Post
Thank you for the welcome, mamas! I don't know why, but I have tears in my eyes right now. I am happy to join you.

bbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I am going to manifest grants for my Stone Soup Farm!! :
I like the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
That would be awesome! Having the help would ensure that I actually did them in a timely fashion, as well! Sounds like a plan.

I've started doing simple gratitude and affirmations with Ellie while we are waking up. We have been struggling with some tantrums and such (UP UNTIL NOW!), so it started with "we are having a great day!". Then I started singing "Exactly" with her because it was running through my head all. the. time. And now we say "thank you for being my girl", "thank you for being my mommy" "thank you for our wonderful (house, family, food, weather, etc)". It's really changed my outlook in the mornings, and I see a difference in her behavior as well.

And, fwiw.................Jon Stewart is MY boyfriend. Back off!
Quote:
I finally manifested my Willy Nelson Peach Cobbler (and bought two, thankyouverymuch!), and your Colbert is right on the shelf next to it at the store. Come visit meeeeee, and I'll supply the ice cream.
Okay, maybe we could do beads and eat ice cream and watch Jon Stewart all at the same time! Although, it's starting to sound like we may have to share him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I just can't keep up here. I want to, just can't.

I wanted to let everyone know MIL's tests came back good. They now wonder if it was even a heart attack or maybe something else. She should be going home tonight and seeing a doc this week to try to determine exactly what happened.

I am not surprised...I knew it would be minor.

Tara
I'm so glad!

Quote:
Smack me right up the head, why don't you?

I said yesterday I was manifesting a new laptop. We have the money in the bank, but it's saved to pay for our new floors that we are putting in this summer. DH suggested yesterday that I just buy the machine that he found for me, which is a screaming deal, but the idea of spending the floor money made me panic.

I need a computer to work, and my work brings money into our house. A better computer frees up my time to work more and earn more. This computer will bring abundance into our home.

How cool is THAT?
Ah, thank you for the example on turning it around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
Years ago we were at a Ren Faire and had brought a friend for his first time. He was wearing costume parts extra of my dh's. But had on his sunglasses. All the people working the faire kept stoping him and asking what those wonderous things he was wearing were It was fun. One went on and on about plas-tic, and what a marvelous substance it was
This made me giggle, thank you, I needed it!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 PM

mlw, i love what you shared about doing those exercises. it seems like such a dream to do that kind of thing with one's husband.

i think i found a graphic for the "look at it, love it, release it" card... what do you all think?

i can barely keep up with you all! i just give my 2-word responses and hugs when i can... but i sure wish i could read and absorb it all! :

i was glad to read that cc has been in touch with devon!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
mlw, i love what you shared about doing those exercises. it seems like such a dream to do that kind of thing with one's husband.

i think i found a graphic for the "look at it, love it, release it" card... what do you all think?
Ooh, I love the butterfly graphic!

And I agree about the exercise MLW, my dh hasn't quite got to that point yet, so it's cool to read about your experiences working together with your dh about it.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, how cool! That would be so fun to meet up with her. Where are you located? I was just reading that your group is named Birth Matters and wait, I just got an email today regarding a documentary on Orgasmic Birth and Birth Matters bumper stickers are going to be for sale there! Wait, : is that your group?

no I live in SC. that's cool though that there is about the Birth Matters bumper sticker. if you go will you pick up a couple for me? i'd love to have that on my minivan!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, my heart just lept!! Did you know I'm using a butterfly on the new site? That is just sooooo perfect! Is that from stock photography? Ok, I need to talk to you.

ETA: Duh. So excited by the picture I never even looked at the site, which says quite clearly 'stock photo'!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Oh, my heart just lept!! Did you know I'm using a butterfly on the new site? That is just sooooo perfect! Is that from stock photography? Ok, I need to talk to you.

ETA: Duh. So excited by the picture I never even looked at the site, which says quite clearly 'stock photo'!
LOL - I'll email it to you if you want. PM me your address, and after I download it, I'll pass it on.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 04-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Love it!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
There has to be a way to keep up!

I've been reading Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life. I bought a really pretty edition at the bookstore over the weekend and am reading it slowly and going the exercises in it. Last night I finished chapter 1, and the first exercise was one on the topic of "I should." When I first read through the exercise and her experiences with clients and it, I was having a hard time figuring out how it worked for me. I couldn't think of "I should" sentences and had a bit of a block, so I left it for the time being. Last night dh and I were sitting in the kitchen talking, and something he said triggered my memory of the exercise, so we started talking through it. I loved it ... first he tried it with "I should organize my classroom at school" and followed it up with a bunch of "because" statements. The tone was so negative and felt very "heavy" for lack of a better word. Then, we turned it into a "If I wanted to, I *could* organize my classroom" and I could see the shift of emotion on his face. It was so cool! We did the exercise for a few different "I should's" for both of us and it was so nice to feel that shift from guilt and responsibility to one of freedom and choice. I highly recommend it!
I love this! Hey, did you get your henna body painting going yet?

Terri, you're cracking me up with the :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Love it!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Terri, you're cracking me up with the :
:

Old 04-10-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
:

Old 04-10-2007, 09:49 PM

I think one time there was a thread in TAO using only smilies. That would be fun!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I think one time there was a thread in TAO using only smilies. That would be fun!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
:

ETA: this is much easier to keep up with than words!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ETA: this is much easier to keep up with than words!
:
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
this is much easier to keep up with than words!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
no I live in SC. that's cool though that there is about the Birth Matters bumper sticker. if you go will you pick up a couple for me? i'd love to have that on my minivan!

Just kidding. Yeah, I am seriously thinking about going, it sounds like an interesting seminar, so if I do, I for sure will pick up some bumperstickers for you.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM

OK, so when we originally manifesting our silly stuff, I decided to maifest a VW painted in an animal motif.

I saw the pathetic cow car, but have continued to be on the lookout. That cow really was sad, you know.

But today.......................I saw a FROG car. It just happens to be the Merry Maids company car!

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
OK, so when we originally manifesting our silly stuff, I decided to maifest a VW painted in an animal motif.

I saw the pathetic cow car, but have continued to be on the lookout. That cow really was sad, you know.

But today.......................I saw a FROG car. It just happens to be the Merry Maids company car!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Just kidding. Yeah, I am seriously thinking about going, it sounds like an interesting seminar, so if I do, I for sure will pick up some bumperstickers for you.

User Tag List