Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
I'm caught up! :
I copied it down, too, in my Joy Journal, with a note about who posted it for who and how thankful I am that I can steal, er, share in these things!

I'm tickled that you found it to your liking, especially enough to write it down and credit me. I love sharing inspiration!!

On a lighter note....
I'm with y'all about the pens! and whoever said she liked to go in office supplies and just look (sorry, I thought I flagged that post,but it went away).... me, too!! Especially at the paper! All that blank space, all that potential! Yeah, I know what you mean!
Yes, even the new pages of paper! What marvels of opportunity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Become the architect of your future.

Pat
This quote right here is lovely....simple and soooo inspiring!!!
#482 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Well, I had intended to respond to a bunch of stuff here, but at this rate I wouldn't finish until the new thread starts on Sunday.

But, I could use your input on something, please? I've been stewing on it for a while, and need to do something about it tomorrow. It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to keep it short.

In January I signed up for an exercise class. I was really excited about it because everything seemed just right - close to home, class at perfect time of day, etc. At the first class I got light-headed (and kind of blacked-out, but just slightly, if that makes any sense). I kind of blew it off and thought it was because I hadn't done that kind of exercise (cardio) in a long time. But it happened every time I went. Then I missed a bunch of classes due to a lot of factors. I thought maybe that was a good thing - that maybe when I went back the light-headedness would be gone. But it happened again. I started to think about something I had heard someone mention - that you can pass out from low blood pressure. I go to a woman's health conference every year, and they always mention that my blood pressue is low - not in the danger range, but low. So I'm guessing that's what's going on. I also realized that I feel like that a lot - though not always to the point of blacking-out. But I did notice one day at the bookstore, I bent down to look at something my son was looking at on the floor, and it happened when I stood up.

Anyway... I decided that I should probably quit the exercise class. But I signed up for an automatic payment plan, and you have to notify them by the 15th of the month. Also, when I signed up, they said you had to do it for 3 months (which would be March, April and May because Jan and Feb was a special deal). I wasn't able to get there by the 15th, but I went in on March 19th and tried to explain to the instructor. I told her that I hoped she'd make an exception under the circumstances and not hold me to the three months. She said it was too late to cancel for April (which I knew, but I'm sure she could have put it through if she really wanted to). But you know what she suggested? That I come to class more often! Does that make any sense? I'm getting light-headed and blacking-out and she WANTS me in her class? At that point I got the feeling it's all about the money to her. She also encouraged me to see a doctor, but I don't have insurance, and I know how tests can really add up.

Anyway, the 15th is coming up really quick here, so I need to cancel this week - if she'll let me. I already tried manifesting her letting me out of it last month, and it didn't work! I hate making phone calls, and I hate confrontation. I just didn't care at all for the way she spoke to me. I've been getting much better about such things, but I'm really dreading this.

Now that I typed that all out, I'm not sure what I'm even looking for here! I usually just delete when that happens, but I'm going to leave it and see if anyone has anything to say.

Also, I've tried researching low blood pressure, but there isn't a lot out there - it's almost all about high blood pressure. I did find something for severely low blood pressure, but I'm sure that's not an issue. If anyone has any experience or suggestions about that, I'd appreciate it.

Feeling like a dunce now, because I don't know why I'm putting this here... and because I used the word dunce.

ETA: Oh, I remember what else I wanted to ask. How do I put the positive spin on this, affirmation-wise? What's the opposite of feeling light-headed? I don't want to just say "I'm healthy" or something general, because I am generally healthly. I need something specifically related to feeling light-headed.
#483 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
That is one of my favorite books, and it is so cool that you and your DH are doing it together!

Back pain in general is associated with not feeling supported, and lower back pain with financial stress. There is a podcast on the Hay House site from Dr. Mona Lisa on lower back pain that is VERY interesting. Do you want me to see if I can find the exact link?
I would love the link if you wish to invest the time to find it. Otherwise, I can dig around. It sounds like a great podcast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
How is this for a book title?! The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny http://www.amazon.com/Monk-Who-Sold-.../dp/0062515675

:

Take a look at some of the notable quotes from the book (in the reviews):
Act as if failure is impossible, and your success will be assured. Wipe out every thought of not achieving your objectives, whether they are material or spiritual. Be brave, and set no limits on the workings of your imagination.
Never be a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.
You will never be the same.

Pat
I the title of the book and what you quoted is so inspiring! I bolded and underlined the intense (in a totally positive way) part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
... Anyway, the 15th is coming up really quick here, so I need to cancel this week - if she'll let me. I already tried manifesting her letting me out of it last month, and it didn't work! I hate making phone calls, and I hate confrontation. I just didn't care at all for the way she spoke to me. I've been getting much better about such things, but I'm really dreading this.

Now that I typed that all out, I'm not sure what I'm even looking for here! I usually just delete when that happens, but I'm going to leave it and see if anyone has anything to say.

Also, I've tried researching low blood pressure, but there isn't a lot out there - it's almost all about high blood pressure. I did find something for severely low blood pressure, but I'm sure that's not an issue. If anyone has any experience or suggestions about that, I'd appreciate it.

Feeling like a dunce now, because I don't know why I'm putting this here... and because I used the word dunce.

ETA: Oh, I remember what else I wanted to ask. How do I put the positive spin on this, affirmation-wise? What's the opposite of feeling light-headed? I don't want to just say "I'm healthy" or something general, because I am generally healthly. I need something specifically related to feeling light-headed.
I would simply call or go in, and with confidence and belief that things will work out to the greater good for all involved, explain that you need to cancel due to health reasons. I am with you on confrontations ... I am good via email but flouder on the phone or in person (UP UNTIL NOW). But, I would suggest script the way you want it to go, and act it out (aloud or in your head) until you feel comfortable, at ease, and confident doing it. Then, call her or go see her.

I looked in my copy of You Can Heal Yourself ...
Low Blood Pressure: Probable cause - lack of love as a child. Defeatism. "What's the use? It won't work anyway." New thought pattern - "I now choose to live in the ever-joyous NOW. My life is a joy."

Dizziness (Vertigo): Probable cause - flighty, scattered thinking. A refusal to look. New thought pattern - "I am deeply centered and peaceful in life. It is safe for me to be alive and joyous."

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#484 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:39 PM

If your blood pressure is consistently low, with light-headedness, there is homeopathy that helps address this. Seriously, because I have this and it helped! Adding salt liberally to your food and diet will help too. And increase your fluid intake. Magnesium and Potassium can lower your blood pressure in the absence of sodium. So, eat salt and exercise more.

Pat

I have a blog.
#485 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I get to be on the phone with my boyfriend, James Ray tomorrow. I'm excited about that. (It's a teleconference). Too bad I won't be able to speak to him....but hearing his voice live on the other end of the phone is still exciting!
Whoa! What are you going to wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Melanie: what do you think?

Hope you like it!
Beautiful!

I came home tonight and dh was seriously low and just negative. I really tried to talk him through some of it but he just wasn't interested and finally I had to let it go and just separate from him. it made me a little sad b/c we only spend a few hours together on weekdays and I just wanted him to snap out of it, but then I realized I was starting to get funky. Does anyone else have a hard time separating themselves emotionally from their partner. I feel like I am pretty good with stranger/associates/friends, but dh is tough. I guess it makes sense b/c we are so close.
#486 of 1144 Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM

is this how i share the photobucket photos?

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/IMG_1451.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/IMG_1467.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...fbutterfly.jpg

i couldnt help it i also felt excited to share with you a pic of me learning how to climb silks like a circus aerealist: it was really fun and empowering...the photo osnt all that impressive as far as what i am doing cuz even that was really hard for me....ds took the pic...but it just represents the feeling of freedom i felt when climbing up the silks

also a pic of me and ds at his birthday , just to show off my cutie pie

and of course the butterfly

tell me if it doesnt work
#487 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 AM

Hula, I read in a book once (before I even heard of LOA ) about a woman who didn't take no for an answer. Her dd was writing the book and said her mom would deal with problems like (totally paraphrasing here) 'Ok, you're telling me "no". Tell me who will say "yes". ' So my advice would be to visualize her saying "yes" to you canceling but if she says "no" just politely, but firmly, go up the chain of command til you get to the person who will say "yes". If nothing else, I'm really sure that someone along the line will see what a huge legal risk it is to force a person who is blacking out to stay in the class.

I mentioned my meditation class I want to take? There are many, many options but most of them seem to be early morning (9 am - yes that's early for me - let's just say that's one of my favorite parts of being a homeschooler ) or late in the evening (not awfully late but at the time we're all winding down. I re-checked today and there's one on Sundays at 1-3. Perfect Except then I realized this Sunday we have a birthday party. It's an hour away and I haven't looked forward to it because I don't really click with the mom in question (the birthday girl is great but she and my dd do tend to get in trouble when together so I haven't been looking forward to it for that reason either!).

So now I'm dancing with the idea of skipping the birthday party (which my daughter doesn't even remember and wouldn't notice if we didn't go) and going to the meditation instead. But then I feel guilty. I'm trying to decide if the guilt is telling me it's the wrong thing to do or if the guilt is just the typical "must martyr yourself for your kids" mama guilt. Because I really want to go to this and I don't want to wait another week. And the last big thing I really wanted to do for myself (a watercolor painting class) I ended up having to skip because it confliced with yet another kid's birthday party. That was two years ago and I still am resentful about that, but that was a one time deal (I really should have gone) and this is a weekly thing so I can just go next week if I don't go.

I know no one can tell me what to do but I was hoping typing it out would help. Nope, I'm still conflicted,
#488 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm too tired to do more than (although I manifested a GREAT busy day by saying I had lots of time! :cool ), except to say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot
I get to be on the phone with my boyfriend, James Ray tomorrow. I'm excited about that. (It's a teleconference). Too bad I won't be able to speak to him....but hearing his voice live on the other end of the phone is still exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLowers
Whoa! What are you going to wear?
...how about...not much?!
...or...even less?...
: : :roflmao
#489 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Well, I had intended to respond to a bunch of stuff here, but at this rate I wouldn't finish until the new thread starts on Sunday.

But, I could use your input on something, please? I've been stewing on it for a while, and need to do something about it tomorrow. It's a bit of a long story, but I'll try to keep it short.

In January I signed up for an exercise class. I was really excited about it because everything seemed just right - close to home, class at perfect time of day, etc. At the first class I got light-headed (and kind of blacked-out, but just slightly, if that makes any sense). I kind of blew it off and thought it was because I hadn't done that kind of exercise (cardio) in a long time. But it happened every time I went. Then I missed a bunch of classes due to a lot of factors. I thought maybe that was a good thing - that maybe when I went back the light-headedness would be gone. But it happened again. I started to think about something I had heard someone mention - that you can pass out from low blood pressure. I go to a woman's health conference every year, and they always mention that my blood pressue is low - not in the danger range, but low. So I'm guessing that's what's going on. I also realized that I feel like that a lot - though not always to the point of blacking-out. But I did notice one day at the bookstore, I bent down to look at something my son was looking at on the floor, and it happened when I stood up.

Anyway... I decided that I should probably quit the exercise class. But I signed up for an automatic payment plan, and you have to notify them by the 15th of the month. Also, when I signed up, they said you had to do it for 3 months (which would be March, April and May because Jan and Feb was a special deal). I wasn't able to get there by the 15th, but I went in on March 19th and tried to explain to the instructor. I told her that I hoped she'd make an exception under the circumstances and not hold me to the three months. She said it was too late to cancel for April (which I knew, but I'm sure she could have put it through if she really wanted to). But you know what she suggested? That I come to class more often! Does that make any sense? I'm getting light-headed and blacking-out and she WANTS me in her class? At that point I got the feeling it's all about the money to her. She also encouraged me to see a doctor, but I don't have insurance, and I know how tests can really add up.

Anyway, the 15th is coming up really quick here, so I need to cancel this week - if she'll let me. I already tried manifesting her letting me out of it last month, and it didn't work! I hate making phone calls, and I hate confrontation. I just didn't care at all for the way she spoke to me. I've been getting much better about such things, but I'm really dreading this.

do you drink enough water? this lightheadedness happens to me all the time. one thing that causes it for me is migraines, and that is caused by all kinds of complicated factors like gluten, dairy, caffiene ( too much or too little) sleep ( too much or too little ) ...etc. so when in a migraine ( and i get "painless migraines" which you can look up , i will also get lightheaded if i excercize. migraines are so tricky!

but a very very simple one that causes it much more often is water. get yourself some Recharge , or eat extra potassium ( bananas, potatoes) and something sweet like fruit...and drink the recommended amount of water for a couple days....i hear it is better to sip all day long than to glug it down in one sitting...ok i will stop talking about water now in case you do drink enough
#490 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
So now I'm dancing with the idea of skipping the birthday party (which my daughter doesn't even remember and wouldn't notice if we didn't go) and going to the meditation instead. But then I feel guilty. I'm trying to decide if the guilt is telling me it's the wrong thing to do or if the guilt is just the typical "must martyr yourself for your kids" mama guilt. Because I really want to go to this and I don't want to wait another week. And the last big thing I really wanted to do for myself (a watercolor painting class) I ended up having to skip because it confliced with yet another kid's birthday party. That was two years ago and I still am resentful about that, but that was a one time deal (I really should have gone) and this is a weekly thing so I can just go next week if I don't go.

I know no one can tell me what to do but I was hoping typing it out would help. Nope, I'm still conflicted,
What if you play the "I should" game ... start your sentence "I should ... " and fill in the blank (go to the birthday party, for instance ). Then, answer the question, "Why?" When you are done and have gone through all the guilt-ridden reasons as to why you *should* go, take a deep breath and change it to, "If I *wanted* to, I *could* ... " (go to the birthday party) and see if you can feel the shift in feeling. Then, talk aloud about if you want to or not ... it might help you get past the feelings of guilt/responsibility and get to either a place where you are graciously choosing to go to the birthday party, or help you be secure and comfortable in your decision to *not* go to the birthday party. The secret is getting to where you know you have the freedom to choose.

#491 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 AM

Well, apparently I just had to keep typing to finally find the answer, I was just writing an email and found myself writing this

Quote:
I feel like doing something cool and restorative for me and then it will benefit us all because I'll be a happier person and a better mom and everything. While suffering through a kid's birthday party (always put me on edge) with a mom I don't feel comfortable with is just going to affect me negatively which will then spread out to everyone else too.
And yes, I could work on manifesting the birthday party not affecting me negatively but . . . . given all the issues between this mom and me and this girl and my dd, I just am not seeing it as being worth the work. I think I'll go with the James Ray suggestions of avoiding negativity that I can easily avoid Ok, guilt be gone! You're not needed here!

Quote:
The secret is getting to where you know you have the freedom to choose.
Yeah, cuz I do, don't I?
#492 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Well, apparently I just had to keep typing to finally find the answer, I was just writing an email and found myself writing this

And yes, I could work on manifesting the birthday party not affecting me negatively but . . . . given all the issues between this mom and me and this girl and my dd, I just am not seeing it as being worth the work. I think I'll go with the James Ray suggestions of avoiding negativity that I can easily avoid Ok, guilt be gone! You're not needed here!

Yeah, cuz I do, don't I?
A lot of the time, I have to just keep talking to finally get to the root of things too ... it's like the first few (hundred) thoughts aren't quite there, but they are like a spiral staircase that at the time seems to just be going in circles until you get high enough (deep enough) to realize you have made progress and finally are able to see clearly. Have fun doing something for yourself (which I'm finding is very important to do ... happy mom really does make for a happy home ).

#493 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
it's like the first few (hundred) thoughts aren't quite there, but they are like a spiral staircase that at the time seems to just be going in circles until you get high enough (deep enough) to realize you have made progress and finally are able to see clearly.
You totally described it! That's really it. I've found (for me) writing it out is faster than talking or thinking. Something about putting the words into print makes me think it out better. That's why I often write long, wordy posts and then erase them at the end - I just answer my own questions

Thanks for the help Goodnight and sweet dreams everyone
#494 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 AM

Hi ,

I would like to join you all if you'll have me.

I am new to The Secret. My dh and I just watched it about 2 weeks ago. It has taken a while for the idea to sink in completely but I really feel that, based on my personal history with manifesting things without really realising it, I can't deny that this is a reality. Thanks to a link in the LOA sticky I am also taking the Bill Harris on-line course.

I have been trying to keep up with this thread for a few days now. You guys are prolific!! It is next to impossible to read every single post. You all have such great ideas (Henna, beads etc.). I just can't wait to learn more from all of you.

Right now I am having trouble with one particular aspect of LOA maybe some one can help? Every time I sit down to try to manifest something I start to wonder how my manifestation could negatively affect others. I am finding it really hard to trust that the universe will just give me whatever I would like at no cost to someone else. In other words I am choosing not to ask for the things I truly would like because I am worried how I may negatively affect others. Any advice?

I hope that I am able to spend lots of time here with all of you magnificent manifesters.

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#495 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
She called Kate a "little guru walking around."

I'll pm you w/her info.

This was my 3rd reading from her. I was amazed at the first and second but this time - wow!

can i get it too?

tia,

sarah
#496 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 AM

Welcome!!!

What about ending your visualizations/affirmations/manifestations with "for the greater good of all involved." Then, you are keeping positive on what you want and keeping it positive for anyone else that may be impacted by what you want.

#497 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
LOL - I'll email it to you if you want. PM me your address, and after I download it, I'll pass it on.
Oh, you're such a peach! Someone get this woman a mercedes! (Get it? That was me calling you a saint. )

Quote:
Melanie: what do you think?

Hope you like it!
That is absolutely stunning! Is it up on your site yet? I was going to order some of your other cards, and now I'll have to add these too! Wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
Yeah....in the big scheme of the simplicity of things...it's just as easy.... Yet, some things do take longer to come about due to either our own self-imposed limitations or having to have different things come about in regards to others to make them happen, etc...

All that said, thank you for the reminder that it's really simple...no matter what we're manifesting.... Yep yep!!
Yes, some things might take longer to come about... or not! Many people really do have very 'big' things simply fall into their laps. I personally know people that have been gifted with vacations, won lotteries (millions of dollarsl two people), and other wild things like that. Think of those families that were given houses by that Hawaiian millionaire! Everything and anything is possible. And this doesn't just apply to money. There are also people that become spiritually enlightened, or meet the mate of their dreams, etc. 'just like that'. Hmmm... I'm trying to come up with an example of something that I can't imagine an overnight manifestation for, and I can't really think of one. Ok, maybe if you want to be the leader of a particular country or something.

Oh, this is fun! I have a new idea for a game! I think I'll post it in a new post so it doesn't get too lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Does anyone else have a hard time separating themselves emotionally from their partner. I feel like I am pretty good with stranger/associates/friends, but dh is tough. I guess it makes sense b/c we are so close.
Yeah, I totally do. And because my husband is usually in such a good place, even the slightest funk from him is odd for me to handle. I've really been working on this, because I find that I am ultimately the mood thermostat for our home, so if I go too far out of whack then everyone else follows me there and fast!

These are great! Your son is adorable, and you're just gorgeous! I love that sweet butterfly shot! And congrats on your great job with the school work!

Quote:
Hula, I read in a book once (before I even heard of LOA ) about a woman who didn't take no for an answer. Her dd was writing the book and said her mom would deal with problems like (totally paraphrasing here) 'Ok, you're telling me "no". Tell me who will say "yes". ' So my advice would be to visualize her saying "yes" to you canceling but if she says "no" just politely, but firmly, go up the chain of command til you get to the person who will say "yes". If nothing else, I'm really sure that someone along the line will see what a huge legal risk it is to force a person who is blacking out to stay in the class.
There's a great piece about this on one of the Abraham-Hicks downloads at HayHouse Radio. They talk about Esther wanting to have her lunch delivered to her room before she got there, and the hotel saying it was against policy. Esther just kept talking, saying how she understood the policy, but reiterating why it was important to her to have it that way. She was being sympathetic and gentle, but held to her vision of getting what she wanted. The manager folded easily and happily and gave her what she wanted. Whether because she influenced him with her vibe, or he wanted to shut her up and get her off the phone... no matter.

And hula... You are so not a dunce.

Shannon... I loved reading you work through your decision on the birthday party! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
What if you play the "I should" game ... start your sentence "I should ... " and fill in the blank (go to the birthday party, for instance ). Then, answer the question, "Why?" When you are done and have gone through all the guilt-ridden reasons as to why you *should* go, take a deep breath and change it to, "If I *wanted* to, I *could* ... " (go to the birthday party) and see if you can feel the shift in feeling. Then, talk aloud about if you want to or not ... it might help you get past the feelings of guilt/responsibility and get to either a place where you are graciously choosing to go to the birthday party, or help you be secure and comfortable in your decision to *not* go to the birthday party. The secret is getting to where you know you have the freedom to choose.
I love, love, love this so much! Thanks for posting about it again, because it saves me from going back to look for your other post (which I meant to do) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
Hi ,

I would like to join you all if you'll have me.

I am new to The Secret. My dh and I just watched it about 2 weeks ago. It has taken a while for the idea to sink in completely but I really feel that, based on my personal history with manifesting things without really realising it, I can't deny that this is a reality. Thanks to a link in the LOA sticky I am also taking the Bill Harris on-line course.

I have been trying to keep up with this thread for a few days now. You guys are prolific!! It is next to impossible to read every single post. You all have such great ideas (Henna, beads etc.). I just can't wait to learn more from all of you.

Right now I am having trouble with one particular aspect of LOA maybe some one can help? Every time I sit down to try to manifest something I start to wonder how my manifestation could negatively affect others. I am finding it really hard to trust that the universe will just give me whatever I would like at no cost to someone else. In other words I am choosing not to ask for the things I truly would like because I am worried how I may negatively affect others. Any advice?

I hope that I am able to spend lots of time here with all of you magnificent manifesters.
Yay! So nice to see you here!

Do you think this idea of you getting something hurting others is linked to a belief of there not being enough? So do you feel like the more money you have, the less money there is for someone else to have? Then this is easy! That's not how it works. Really, the universe is abundant. There is enough for everyone! Your happiness does not hinge on someone else's misery. Think of this... you would never say "I've been so healthy these past 10 years. I think I'll be sick for a while and give someone else a chance to be healthy." Sounds silly, right? Well, everything else pretty much works that way too. It's all energy, and we can all create whatever we want with it.

ETA: I could very well have taken this in a completely different direction than you meant, in which case... uh, maybe someone else will find that helpful.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#498 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, new idea for a game! What are all the whacky, outside-the-box ways you can think of that you might get <insert something you really want here>?

I would like a house steps from the beach, close to the mountains, in a really nice neighbourhood, in a city with a mild climate, where my husband can work at something he enjoys and that compensates him well. (I'm thinking Victoria, BC, but I'm open to the universe giving me something even better!) Interesting ways this might happen...

-I visit craigslist and see a listing from a lovely woman living in Victoria that just got notice her husband is being transferred to Toronto for a year. They are hoping to do a house exchange rather than sell or rent their beautiful beach-side home and look for a property in Toronto. I am in the perfect neighbourhood that will put this man steps from his place of employment, and our condo would provide her with the perfect space for her work-from-home job. They even have contacts to set my husband up with an awesome one-year contract working with a company he adores.

-I'm chatting with a friend about my desire to move, and she tells me that her mother actually owns just such a house. Apparently, this woman likes to travel a lot and only spends about 4-6 weeks a year at the house. She has a caretaker that she has been paying to stop in and look around the place regularly, but that relationship has come to an end because he has decided to move back to his old hometown. She's looking for someone else to watch the property, and is thinking that a live-in situation might be a good idea. We go to my friend's place for dinner and meet her mother who just so happens to be in town visiting. We fall in love with each other, and she offers us the house rent-free in exchange for caring for the property. We plan to time our vacations so that we'll be off visiting family and traveling around whenever she would like to have the place to herself. It's a perfect fit, and everyone is thrilled!

-We get a letter in the mail from a lawyer in Victoria. Apparently when Adam was a child, he was often very helpful and supportive of a woman in the neighbourhood. He would clean up her yard, help her with household chores, run errands for her, etc. She never had any children of her own and thought very highly of him. Her only family was a sister that lived on the other side of the country. They were the only two children of parents that were only children, so no extended family of any sort. The sister often heard stories of how wonderful Adam was, and remembered all the mention of him in letters through the years, and how much he had done for this kind woman. So when it came time to write her will she decided to include him - this boy she'd never met. The letter says she has now passed to join her sister, and has left her Victoria home to us.

Oh, it's so much fun to think of all these not-so-typical ways that my house might come to me! I will be dreaming of beach homes and a creative universe tonight!

Now... who else is going to play?

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#499 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 02:32 AM

melanie you should consider writing fiction! you have so many creative scenes there!

the thing i wonder about: is it focusing on the "how" to do that? it seems like a very positive activity for you, and making you excited, so maybe that is different?

and, thanks for the compliements on the photos i really kind of think the butterfly pic is sort of bad cuz me and the butterfly are all wet from the creek! but whatever, that pic makes me happy. it was last summer, before i knew about LoA , but i was manifesting things, and felt like i found that butterfly for a reason.
#500 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Terri... Can you PM me her info too, please. She sounds awesome!! (I've had a recent experience connecting with my spirit guide... maybe I'll post about that in a wee bit.)
Sounds cool about the spirit guide, KoalaMama
Terri, could you PM me the info about the woman, too? Sounds awesome!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#501 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 AM

So, are the Seattle mamas still going to go to the tulip festival this month? Or did I miss it? Or was it a lavendar festival?

On another topic: just wanted to post this link to pictures of people's brains before and after gratitude:
Before: http://amenclinics.com/bp/spect_rota...=b-grat_CS.gif
After:
http://amenclinics.com/bp/spect_rota...=a-grat_BS.gif
Main page:
http://amenclinics.com/bp/spect_rotations/

#502 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
melanie you should consider writing fiction! you have so many creative scenes there!
Thank you for saying that! Writing books for kids (pre-teen) is on my list! Your words felt like a nod from the universe.

Quote:
the thing i wonder about: is it focusing on the "how" to do that? it seems like a very positive activity for you, and making you excited, so maybe that is different?
The point in this is actually breaking away from the how. Coming up with as many unusual ways as possible shows me a glimpse of infinite possibilities so that I don't need to sit and think about the 'real' how, which is more often limited by social beliefs about how things are supposed to happen for people. I.e. You work hard, save money, only think within your price range... etc. I'm not actually focusing on any of these 'hows' as exact ways to manifest my house. (Though how cool would that be? What the heck will I do with three beach houses? Funny enough, I always seem to have too many options to choose from. It wouldn't surprise me to end up with a couple of fantastic scenarios to work through. )

Did someone here recently mention those books from the 80s where you chose your own adventure? I soooo loved those books! That's what life feels like to me! Infinite possibilities to choose from, and lots of surprises in store! Love it!!

Quote:
and, thanks for the compliements on the photos i really kind of think the butterfly pic is sort of bad cuz me and the butterfly are all wet from the creek! but whatever, that pic makes me happy. it was last summer, before i knew about LoA , but i was manifesting things, and felt like i found that butterfly for a reason.
No, you don't look bad at all. You look blissful! It's a great photo!

Melanie
#503 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:

Can you use the switchword "BE" to feel better? I have low blood pressure, too, and have been told it can be caused by food intolerances. However, it can be helped by eating more salt and drinking broth, and upping fluid intake in general. You want to hydrate. Salt increases blood pressure by increasing water retention.

#504 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 AM

Hey guys, I did stuff today and came back to find 10 pages!! And that was even awhile ago...

I will probably not be posting very much for a certain amount of time (could be a day or longer ) cause I'm wanting to be off the computer more, and to generally be more in my own head and present with myself for awhile. I'm still mostly reading.

#505 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 AM

hula

I nearly died from low blood pressure.

The woman is right, more exercise will help you. But only if you start eating salt, eating alkilinizing foods, and and you are drinking enough water AND EATING ENOUGH FOOD.

Celery is VERY alkilinizing. Start eating as much of it as you can get down your gullet, and as much REAL salt as you can (not table salt, something like himilayan salt or low processed sea salt).

Take a multivitamin, and get some l-glutamine. You probably have some nutritional imbalances which are contributing.

Don't give up the exercise class, unless you will exercise some other way. Exercise helps get the blood flowing, which as uncomfortable as it feels, is really important. Exercise is a vasodialator, which will help as you start to get more blood volume.

The way to get more blood volume is to eat more sodium. Your blood is not moved by water. Water moves freely between your cells, instead of being pushed. Salt is the actual thing that allows your blood vessels to "move" the blood cells along. It can't be pushed into adjoining cells, so it moves and takes the cells with it.

Your brain uses 25% of the oxygen from your red blood cells. If you want it to function at its peak, you need to get yourself some more blood volume. Otherwise, that 25% is extremely small.

So yes, she is right, exercise is part of the healing equation.

But as far as how you FEEL about her exercise class... that's about YOU, you know? I think that whether it's about money to her or if it isn't, doesn't really matter to whether it will benefit you or not.

And I wonder which part of you is resisting the idea of an energy exchange with regards to your health? You cannot afford tests, and you are irritated that someone might want to make money by helping you get healthier.

Any ideas on what causes you to feel this resistance?
#506 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You totally described it! That's really it. I've found (for me) writing it out is faster than talking or thinking. Something about putting the words into print makes me think it out better. That's why I often write long, wordy posts and then erase them at the end - I just answer my own questions

Thanks for the help Goodnight and sweet dreams everyone
I find this happens to me too. I think it's because we stopped directly focusing on what we're seeking answers to long enough to allow them to flow on their own.... Like a leaf in a stream....it's best it flows on it's own to get to you...

Quote:
Yes, some things might take longer to come about... or not! Many people really do have very 'big' things simply fall into their laps. I personally know people that have been gifted with vacations, won lotteries (millions of dollarsl two people), and other wild things like that. Think of those families that were given houses by that Hawaiian millionaire! Everything and anything is possible. And this doesn't just apply to money. There are also people that become spiritually enlightened, or meet the mate of their dreams, etc. 'just like that'. Hmmm... I'm trying to come up with an example of something that I can't imagine an overnight manifestation for, and I can't really think of one. Ok, maybe if you want to be the leader of a particular country or something.
My reason for saying this is that I have had one particular dream I've desired for years...it has yet to manifest itself, lol. What I've come to realize though is that there were lots of things I had to work through, learn, be taught by Spirit, etc. before the actuality of this dream is possible. I also needed to look at it from different angles...to see that it could work several ways....kind of like the house senarios you just mentioned...

Quote:
Ok, new idea for a game! What are all the whacky, outside-the-box ways you can think of that you might get <insert something you really want here>?

Now... who else is going to play?
Hubby and I have talked about him getting an old VW bug (that has a radiator and A/C....in awesome mechanical condition....with a decent interior) so that we can each have a vehicle. Let me see how this may go....

~Someone comes to the house and offers to make an even exchange for the big white truck out there with an old navy blue VW bug that they simply don't want anymore because they prefer a truck.

~While hubby's working, he talks to a guy at work and the guy mentions that he's got this bug for sale that he's got to get out of his yard because they have too many vehicles and that's the one that has to go. He sells it to us for $500.

~(this one is way, way far fetched, lol) We see a bug on the side of the road for sale, nothing wrong with it, and the owner agrees to sell it to us for $300 and 6 readings from me at one reading a month.(

Happy, Happy....Joy, Joy!!! lol
#507 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I find this happens to me too. I think it's because we stopped directly focusing on what we're seeking answers to long enough to allow them to flow on their own.... Like a leaf in a stream....it's best it flows on it's own to get to you...
Oh, I love this!!

Quote:
My reason for saying this is that I have had one particular dream I've desired for years...it has yet to manifest itself, lol. What I've come to realize though is that there were lots of things I had to work through, learn, be taught by Spirit, etc. before the actuality of this dream is possible. I also needed to look at it from different angles...to see that it could work several ways....kind of like the house senarios you just mentioned...
Oh yes, I totally get this! We may not be ready for a long time. We may not really know what it is we want, so we may have been asking for something and zooming after something different than what our inner being knows is the real thing that matches. We may be waiting on our co-creator to catch up with us! Our manifestations are usually ready and waiting, but we sometimes need a little more work to flow to them. Yeah, I hear you.

Quote:
~(this one is way, way far fetched, lol) We see a bug on the side of the road for sale, nothing wrong with it, and the owner agrees to sell it to us for $300 and 6 readings from me at one reading a month.([/COLOR]
Awesome!

Melanie
#508 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Stirringleaf -- awesome about the bed! Sorry you didn't get the grade you wanted on your test, but great for looking on the positive, you did pass! Congrats on the *brilliant* compliment!

Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Oh...no one is SHARING James ....he's all mine!!!
ohhhhh okay :
#509 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Oh, you're such a peach! Someone get this woman a mercedes! (Get it? That was me calling you a saint. )

Oh my French Toast! that was a good one

stirringleaf I love your photos! that's so cool about learning to climb the silks (isn't that what you called it?)

Quote:

Yeah, I totally do. And because my husband is usually in such a good place, even the slightest funk from him is odd for me to handle. I've really been working on this, because I find that I am ultimately the mood thermostat for our home, so if I go too far out of whack then everyone else follows me there and fast!

same here--when dh is down i totally flip out. I thnk because my parents were (mom still is) very depressed when i was growing up and it makes me feel really out of control and afraid.
#510 of 1144 Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Hi Ladies!! I have definitely missed you all this past week -- my break ended up completely FLYING by, but I did get a lot done and now I'm glad to be back with my kiddos (Shannon, I'm so sorry we never got together... very soon, I promise!)

I have been in a weird headspace and I definitely see a correlation between time spent with you and a great state of mind!! Just checking in this morning has set me up for a great day!!

I love Melanie's game from the first page about listing everything I love about myself. I have been slacking off a little on my Gratitude Journal so this will definitely help get me back in the groove!!

Question: When you are really not feeling the buzz, really feeling bogged down in the world and having a hard time getting it going, do you find that "forcing it" works? I have been trying to force myself to get back to a high vibration by doing gratitude and other exercises, but if I'm not feeling it from the start I lose interest, which is kind of self-defeating, you know? And I'd love to get back to that enormous buzz I used to feel!!

Quote:
Love this too!! I will definitely try it!!

Quote:
This is so perfectly true!!!

Speaking of removing resistance, remember when I first started posting in Feb I was all bummed out about my break-up and really wanting something from him, and y'all got me to understand I didn't need it from him, I just needed to feel better about myself? And I've been totally fine and have SO moved on? :

Well, I ran into him Friday night and pretty much got everything I had originally wanted, including free car repair!! : I will get used to this tricky Universe, I really will.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page