April 8-14 Manifesting Masters - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I realized last night I need to establish some routines for this LOA stuff. I'm feeling GREAT right now but, as Bill Harris said in one of his interviews, I think I'm mostly on auto-pilot right. I am manifesting some of this, yes, but not totally on purpose. I've especially noticed that my giving thanks and blessing food and all that is sort of haphazard. I do it when I think of it which sometimes means often and sometimes means not at all.

I was thinking of Flylady. I was on her system years ago. The one thing that totally stuck was making my bed. I get up in the morning and I make my bed like clockwork. I don't even have to think about it, I just do it. It's just become automatic. I need to do that with my LOA stuff. I need to link it to something so that it becomes second nature. The problem is that it's hard because I'm not much of a routine/scheduled kind of gal. Waking up and going to sleep are about my only definites
: I lurked on Flylady for awhile, but I don't have a dishwasher so the empty shining sink doesn't happen, here, and I hate wearing shoes in the house, so I wasn't about to do that, either.... But I love her baby steps concept.... Don't they try to learn a new habit every month? I think I might try that with LoA habits, and adopt a new one each new Moon. I know once I establish a habit, it really works for me.

I totally hear you on the not scheduled life. DH has a very variable schedule, and I have to fit around it to have time with him, and to make sure ds has time with him. And then there's things like dh telling me dsd would be visiting in a couple weeks, then she calls a couple days ago, says she's in the area THIS week.... and he's off picking her up, now. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Oh! New super cool idea! Anyone want to do a bead swap for a necklace? We could 'charge' the beads with our love and good intentions, and then send them out to anyone interested in participating. Imagine how powerful that would be!!
I love this idea! I want a bracelet, though, so I can see it, and touch the beads whenever I have a moment, and feel the love and gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlyao View Post
subbing now that i finally have enough posts to get here.

sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddie View Post
I have been wanting to get a small dog for my 7 yo son for some time now.
So, the other day I had a "feeling" and a little voice telling me to
*go* to the humane society when they opened and we found the CUTEST little 8 lb terrier mix named Gizmo.
Way to go! He sounds wonderful!
#62 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:10 PM

I'm a beader, and would be more than happy to do the construction of the necklaces or bracelets if needed. If not, I'm in for the community project however it turns out. I often make family or awareness jewelry for customers-in memory of someone special, to celebrate an event or their family, etc. I love the idea of working some of the principles of LoA into my work. Hmmmm...........

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#63 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 PM

My intentions for the week:
For ME:
Enjoy dsd's visit
Take ds to the zoo
Get outside every day

For the Universe:
Manifest me some regular focused time to work on astrology.
Keep the decluttering happening, internal and external
Increase closeness and good together feelings for me and dh
Good communication with friends and family
Forgiveness freely flows
#64 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM

I cannot believe you all are already on page 4! I go over to my mom's for one day and am already quite behind! I skimmed the first page and then skipped right to the end of the thread. I LOVE the idea of prayer beads ... I am not religious but have been trying to find a set for a while (off and on) that speak to me; I think instead I'll go over to Michael's this week and make one for myself. Thank you all for that inspiration.

Other than that ... I'm back off the computer to hang out with my guys (dh and the boys ). And despite of how much I feel like I ate at my mom's, I am hungry! I broke down and bought maple buckwheat flake cereal yesterday and it's calling my name. : So ... I think I might go have some.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#65 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Have you all seen mama in the forest's Intentional Jewelry with stones and beads? http://www.greenleesforest.com/ It is breath taking!

Pat

I have a blog.
#66 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:45 PM

i'm in on the bead thing! sounds like FUN!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#67 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I love you for this!!! Maybe you could have me and my boyfriend over for dinner and we'll discuss it all evening!!!
Will you be OK with me sitting there thinking "wow, he's hot and so COOL!!"? He is a great match for MCAL. Because I will still be calling you that IRL.

Quote:
Oh.....

And I just bought myself an iPod. Just because.

I'm so excited and I know I totally deserve this little treat for myself. (I am a music junkie...not to mention how many downloads I listen to off Hay House). And....it was on sale...which I totally manifested because I knew I wanted it on sale.

I'm so excited!!!

Off to download.
I my ipod. Itunes downloads my fav HH shows as podcasts. I have mine with me all the time. I usually just use one earbud so I can pay attention to the kiddos too. They've learned to look for the pink cord hanging out of my head before they start a conversation with me
#68 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
Will you be OK with me sitting there thinking "wow, he's hot and so COOL!!"? He is a great match for MCAL. Because I will still be calling you that IRL.
Yeah, I'm totally cool with that! Especially since he'll be coming home with me
#69 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 PM

so ever since discovering LoA last fall, i see LoA in everything. we love to rent movies on the weekends, and i have noticed there are a lot of LoA themed movies. i thought it might be fun to list some our favourites. here's some of mine:

Under the Tuscan Sun

Chocolat (i think it fits in with Abraham-Hicks and the Art of Allowing)

Click - starring Adam Sandler

The Weather Man - starring Nicolas Cage

Stranger than Fiction - starring Will Farrell

Memoirs of a Geisha

and Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray

I love all these movies because they are fun, feel good movies. what are you favourite LoA movies?
#70 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:05 PM

The more I think about the beads, the more I love it.

I just love the thought of wearing something that represents each one of you! We are already linked in so many ways....it would just be really cool to have a little something to represent that.
#71 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
And even if it didn't....who could resist Johnny Depp?!?!?! (Now, he would be my boyfriend if he wasn't so hopelessly in love with someone else).

(Oh my...it's definitely feeling like spring again, I seem to have a very one-tracked mind!!!)
#72 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
so ever since discovering LoA last fall, i see LoA in everything. we love to rent movies on the weekends, and i have noticed there are a lot of LoA themed movies. i thought it might be fun to list some our favourites. here's some of mine:

Under the Tuscan Sun

Click - starring Adam Sandler

The Weather Man - starring Nicolas Cage

Stranger than Fiction - starring Will Farrell

Memoirs of a Geisha

and Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray

I love all these movies because they are fun, feel good movies. what are you favourite LoA movies?
and i forgot to add my favourite movie of all time:

Babe
#73 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

OMG MCAL! Love your new tag!

I totally agree on the beads. I'm so excited!

Welcome to sarahlyho and siddie! Great to have you here! siddie... Love your dog story! How sweet he sounds!

Pat... I'm fascinated by your community ideas! Sounds wonderful!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#74 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Dear Ones,

I am finally jumping in to atleast say hi. I am here in spirit if not in numerous posts. I enjoy reading what everyone has cooking and would certainly be into the bead project.

Love, love , love...
#75 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Pull out a notebook (or open a Word document!) and at the top of the page write 'What I love about me.' Every day for the next week, write as many things as you can that you love about yourself. Write AT LEAST five things a day.
Great idea! I keep a gratitude journal, so this week I will just make it all about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I ask with sincere interest "What happened?" You could also ask "How are you feeling, you look sad/mad/upset/angry/frustrated/lonely?" Or just "How can I help?" or "We'll work it out." or "We can work it out."
These are great. : I usually say something open like, "So what's going on?"

I'm going to try to keep up a bit with the thread this week.

my other little projects:

1. get lights in all the rooms of our townhouse

2. start turning my morning walk into a morning jog

3. do my strengthening exercises 3 times

(while I've been too busy to post I started Simply ... Woman by Crystal Andrus, and she is literally working my tushy off!)

4. meditate every day for at least 15 minutes

5. Smoothly and easily get Florida tags for my car.

6. Figure out our new health insurance without trying too hard

7. take my kids to the zoo

8. have fun and enjoy the process. Remember that I can here to joyfully create.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#76 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
Law of Attraction (LoA): Thoughts Manifest Reality
Law of Energy (LoE): Attention Directs Energy.
Law of Power (LoP): All Power Originates Within
Law of Freedom (LoF): Anything is Possible.
Law of Now (LoN): Now Is The Only Time You Can Do Anything.
Law of Love (LoL): Love Is Happiness
Law of Truth (LoT): Effectiveness Is the Measure of Truth[/URL]
Mmmm. I didn't click the links but just the titles sound like what we've all been talking about Thanks!

Quote:
Oh! New super cool idea! Anyone want to do a bead swap for a necklace?
I love the idea I'd make mine a bracelet. What if we all just picked beads (with some sort of vague size guideline maybe) and then focus love on them and then mail them off to the other people on the list? I'd think that would be easier than sending them to one person and having them send out to everyone else but maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, however it's done, put my name on the list please

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath View Post
Question...kids...what can I ask instead of "what's wrong?" I am trying to think of a more positive way to approach them when they are upset. Any thoughts?
Well, a Scott Noelle thing that stuck with me - instead of asking "what's wrong" or anything like that, try just a non verbal response. Kid is crying and you just hold out your arms for a hug. Comfort them with loving arms and then, when/if they are ready, they will tell you. I like this and try to do it. Now, if the kid is screaming or there's obviously something that needs "fixing" (like they sound like they are in pain or scared of something) that's different, but I find this works really well for just sadness and unhappiness. Noelle's point was that instead of focusing on the "what" we should focus on the child and the feeling. "What happened" isn't important. The child's feelings are what's important no matter "what happened". Scott Noelle rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Don't they try to learn a new habit every month? I think I might try that with LoA habits, and adopt a new one each new Moon. I know once I establish a habit, it really works for me.
Yeah, there were many things I didn't connect with on Flylady but some of her stuff is spot on. And now I'm pretty sure she's got the LOA thing going, even if she doesn't use the term

So . . . We were talking about selling things on etsy. I mentioned to dh that it seems that etsy is good for selling little things but I thought it would be better to spend his time making big, expensive things (and I can use etsy for my creative outlets ). That way he could sell one or two items a month and it would be better than selling a dozen tiny things. He said this probably wasn't really possible. Then we went to the in-laws and SIL mentioned that the woman Robert used to deal with at the horse tack store is still working there and that you can give things to the store to sell on consignment.

So we came home and we're talking and he says he probably isn't able to sell them the tack trunks he used to sell to them (for $400 each - they sold them for more) because he just doesn't have the time to work on a set contract right now. I told him what about if he made just one or two a month when he has the time and he's saying no, you can't do that because he probably can't sell them on consignment because they make their own tack trunks to sell.

Ok, here comes the point of my telling this story I told him, ask the question and let your mind get working on it. "How can I sell a few expensive things a month?" and wait for the answer to come to you and maybe it's that you can do a craft show or maybe it will be that you'll talk to her and she'll say "sure, you can consign tack trunks as long as they aren't the same as ours" and maybe she'll say "hey, remember that big thing I wanted you to make me 10 years ago? I still want it, can you make it?". And at that point he started to smirk because Shannon is getting all woo woo, but then he stopped smirking and I could see him thinking about it!

So maybe nothing will come from this but I think it will. No, I know it will Hey, already what's come of this is that my dh is rolling his eyes less when I talk (he's a lovely man but he's mostly "humoring" me with all this )
#77 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
your wish is my command!

I can't remember who asked, but I did it - I got myself a business signature! It was a big leap somehow, paying for that, isn't that funny? See my avatar? It's my logo! My sister designed it for me.
I love it! IT's so cute!

What is "etsy" ?

Quote:
I realized last night I need to establish some routines for this LOA stuff. I'm feeling GREAT right now but, as Bill Harris said in one of his interviews, I think I'm mostly on auto-pilot right. I am manifesting some of this, yes, but not totally on purpose. I've especially noticed that my giving thanks and blessing food and all that is sort of haphazard. I do it when I think of it which sometimes means often and sometimes means not at all.

I was thinking of Flylady. I was on her system years ago. The one thing that totally stuck was making my bed. I get up in the morning and I make my bed like clockwork. I don't even have to think about it, I just do it. It's just become automatic. I need to do that with my LOA stuff. I need to link it to something so that it becomes second nature.
That's very thought-provoking. Yes...second nature! Dh and I are getting much better at the appreciation thing, for example - we're doing it without being reminded -,but i want to go miuch further thatn that! thanks for this thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
Thanks Pat! I took the BeliefNet (or something...can't remember the web site addy) quiz and it put both Buddhism and Quaker at the top.

We do have a Quaker church here and they have child care at their Sunday service, but dh works at night on the weekends and I am afraid to go alone. I'm working on it, but for some reason, I have a HUGE fear of going to any sort of church alone.
How about calling them and asking for info? You might get to talk to someone who could give you an "in".

Quote:
Penny! Here's an AH transcription on time. I immediately thought of your recent posts when I read it. (Grabbed if from another list; not transcribed by me.) From San Francisco 2/25/07, track 4. Long, but worth it!!

You have the ability to control your perception of time, because time is really a perceptual thing.
If you think about time in terms of action, time feels shorter because you can only do this much action in this much time… When you address the subject of time from a vibrational standpoint, you begin to understand the powerful leverage that you have because in the same way we were talking to our friend earlier by the expansiveness of dollars and how you all have the same 24 hours and some earn tremendously and some earn very scantally and yet it’s the same amount of time and effort actually offered. So, the leverage of time comes from the alignment of energy…
You have to take time out of the equation. And, for example, you have to stop staying, I don’t have time. But the way to do that is to think in terms alignment rather than action. To think in terms of how you’re feeling rather than in terms of what you’re doing…

Do the thing that feels the best. That’s how you get yourself lined up. And that’s how you find the leverage in time…

We want to you to understand the benefit that action only can give you is paltry. You never intended to create your world through action. You intended to enjoy through action what you’d created through thought. That was big. Do you get it? So big…

That’s what we’re suggesting. Just acknowledge what is working in terms of time. Compliment yourself about your time efficiency as often as you can. And begin noticing how many things are happening that benefit you that take none of your time. Everything is working for you…

Time is so delicious when you’re focused in the now and ultilizing the time and focus. We want to put time and focus and alignment all in the same sort of mental framework for you…

Rather than thinking about time, think about alignment; it will serve you so well.
And then say, whenever you use the label time, use it only to your advantage, never use it to your disadvantage.
So, there’s plenty of time.
I love time.
I love time because it helps me focus.
I have time to do everything that matters.
I love this business of time because it gives all an opportunity to rendezvous.
It helps us to focus our energies. We will meet at a certan time. We will stay a for a certain amount of hours.
It helps us so much in our cooperative, cocreating one with another.
It is a mutually focusing spot but beyond that it does not service in any particular way.

We are powerful creators, and the Universe is responding to our thought, and I can spend the same amount of time thinking about what I do want or the same amount of time thinking about what I don’t want. But when I spend time thinking about what I do want, and I line up with my vibrational escrow and the universal forces come into play, and things begin to happen quickly, because…
Oh, here it is, the time that we want you to feel, feel the power and the speed of the stream that is calling you toward everything that you’re wanting. When you get in to the flow of that, time is irrelevant because everything is unfolding perfectly for you. When you get crossways of that, time becames relevant because you’re not making progress, you see.
thank you so much for this!

Actually, one of the things I did right away on discovering LoA was to say "I'm so happy and grateful that I have plenty of tim", and it made a huge difference! I alwyas felt I was running ragged before - now I get a lot more done because I'm not pushing it away, YK?

How does doing stuff you HAVE to do fit into that, though? I mean - I must practice this week becasue I have solos (in fact i must practice in a minute!), and I need to cook certain meals although that's not my favorite thing to do. And empty garbage, and so on....

Quote:
Yeah, I'm totally cool with that! Especially since he'll be coming home with me
Have you written to him yet?? We're counting on you!
#78 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
OMG MCAL! Love your new tag!
Who was it? I didn't even notice! But I love it!
I would have guessed it was my wedding planner, C.Crunchy...but she hasn't been around today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaautumn View Post
Dear Ones,

I am finally jumping in to atleast say hi. I am here in spirit if not in numerous posts.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
Have you written to him yet?? We're counting on you!
I'm crafting a letter. I'll keep you posted.
#79 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 11:01 PM

I've been thinking a lot about time lately too. I'm starting to ignore it. I never used to pay much attention to time (except to get to work etc.) I mean I never even wore a watch *on purpose* b/c I knew what it did to me - - the thinking about it and rushing around.

What happened to me after I became a parent!? : REally? I'm starting to see a HUGE shift in my SELF after becoming a mom. Weird. Only lately have I started feeling like my *old self* again. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, I've been ignoring time again and it's totally helping my peace of mind.
#80 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I would have guessed it was my wedding planner, C.Crunchy...but she hasn't been around today!!!

Welcome!

I'm crafting a letter. I'll keep you posted.
Ooooh, I can't wait! Seriously. I'll bet he'll get a big kick out of it all. How could one not right?
#81 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
What happened to me after I became a parent!? : REally? I'm starting to see a HUGE shift in my SELF after becoming a mom. Weird. Only lately have I started feeling like my *old self* again. Has anyone else noticed this?
Well....a friend of mine (also an ENer) said to me, "About three weeks after you stop nursing, you'll wake up one day and say to yourself, "OMG, where have I BEEN?"

Happened to me!
#82 of 1144 Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

I don't know. I don't mean to negate what anyone else is experiencing, but I don't want to be my "old self" again. I like me better now Being a parent is hard at times (especially since I had PPD with both of 'em) and yes, I'm realizing I've left some things behind that I am working on getting back, but I've also gained things (I mean personality-wise and emotional things - not just my kids ). You could not pay me enough to be the person I used to be and part of that is because of becoming a mom. I really feel like I'm getting better all the time Sorry if that sounds conceited, but . . . oh well, it's just true! You know, I wish everyone was blessed enough to feel that way so you know what, I'm not going to apologize for it .

But yes, in some ways I understand what you mean. I am making more time for the things I want to do and be now instead of just trying to keep my head above water like when the kids were younger (my youngest and last is turning 5 next month). Like emailing the local Buddhist center and finding out all the mediation classes I was interested in are drop in friendly, Whoo hoo!

And goodness, I hope I don't have to wait til the boy weans to discover myself, I don't think he's going to do that til he's in college. Well, unless he goes to the University in town, then maybe we can manage to continue
#83 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 AM

Hey mamas, may i join in?

I need to manifest some positive intentions in my life right now!
#84 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avena View Post
Hey mamas, may i join in?

I need to manifest some positive intentions in my life right now!
Absolutely. There's always room for more manifesters!!!
#85 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 AM

Phooey, I turned the computer off last night, forgetting that I had a post I was writing.

I went to a religious ceremony today, and afterwards we were hanging out (and sampling homemade raspberry mead!!) and then some of the people brought out a surprise... a little black kitten!!!! They are kitten foster parents, so he's still being bottle fed... he was fed and then he scampered around and practiced his predatory skills on all of us.

Now one of the things I've been manifesting has been a kitten, just the right kitten for us, as young as possible while still being a healthy age to be homed. And I'd been thinking recently--DH too I think--that a black one would be especially nice. This one isn't our kitten mainly because he's spoken for, so this was a sign... a little, fuzzy, wriggling sign! Plus, the people said we could get a kitten through them even without the official permission from our building. (We have unofficial permission.) I think we will still wait... there are so many factors up in the air still... but it's nice to be reminded that the universe is working on it!
#86 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Melanie! (KoalaMama) I got the video yesterday! Thank you I haven't watched it yet but maybe when we get back from the inlaws I'll sit down and pop it in Thank you so much!
Yay! I hope you enjoy it. You'll have to keep us posted on all your new creations!

Quote:
Ok, now I'm wondering how many other LOA type etsy things there are I don't have a shop yet but yeah, some of my ideas are LOA and switch word inspired Does anyone else have any shops or other websites to share? We can link to a business site in a post right?
I created this Cafe Press shop a couple months back. I still have designs to do and a domain name to redirect, but there's the start. http://www.cafepress.com/gratitudegear

Avena - welcome!

sphinxie... That kitten sounds adorable! I'm with you - loving the signs of the universe!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#87 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 09:37 AM

MORNING MAMAS!!!

Quote:
(I can't believe someone didn't beat me to it!)

Melanie---WOW! You've been busy!!!

Welcome Avena and Mamaautumn!!! You're in a great place!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#88 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Oh! Welcome Mamaautumn! (So much going on here, I always feel I'm forgetting something!)

Melanie
#89 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post

Also you might be interested...My DH and I are already making lists of possible names. We have a boy name we both love which incorporates my grandpop's memory. But I think this is a girl and we don't have a girl name. So I just laid in bed the other night and told the babe that I wanted her to let me know of a name she might like. That night I dreamed a dream with a girl's name. I suggested it to DH and he really likes it. Pretty cool huh?

Tara
VERY cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlyao View Post
subbing now that i finally have enough posts to get here.

sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddie View Post
I have been wanting to get a small dog for my 7 yo son for some time now. We tried fostering pups for the humane society(none seemd right for us) and I have been watching the newspaper/craigslist. I really wanted a small, spunky, Benji type but all the humane society ever had was some sort of pitbull mix; purebreds here are $1200.

So, the other day I had a "feeling" and a little voice telling me to
*go* to the humane society when they opened and we found the CUTEST little 8 lb terrier mix named Gizmo. He looks like a little gremlin but is spunky and loving and gentle. Picture an old man's fumanchu moustache with severe protruding underbite and bulging eyes with a twinkle. He is a youngster around 6 mos to 1 year but not as needy as a puppy. Craig loves him, wish I could post a pic.

Now I am going to manifest my perfect man! Hope I meet him soon, waiting for the "feeling" ...
I love the dog story!

Ok, I can't believe I missed yesterday and ya'll are already on pg 5!

I love the bead idea too!
#90 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

Morning all!

We had an absolutely wonderful day yesterday and I am grateful! I even talked to my mom about getting ahold of one of my Grandmother's rosaries --- Billie-joe, you have inspired me because our grandmothers sound VERY similar in spirit and in how they lived their lives -- my Grandmother was a devout Catholic as well (we are not catholic but respect the faith) -- and I would LOVE to have one of her rosaries and use each bead to think of something we are grateful for etc --- I'm going to stalk my aunts down and see if they will give me one (I think she only had two or three so I dunno)

If not, I love the prayer bead idea too -- we are going to do that the next chance we can get to a craft/bead store --

The swap sounds awsome for the individual beads or even necklaces -- personally I think we should do a bead swap because it fits it with everyone's financial level etc to go buy one kick @aa bead that they put their love into etc, and it gets sent to whoever -- but then I guess beads are pretty inexpensive and easy to get so whatever let me know, I'm in --

I even have a few people I want to make necklaces for already --my Florida gals Tara and Terri... and Kate, who I just have to say is the most amazing person -- THANK YOU for your continuing kindness and for reaching out to me always....

My intentions for the week:

To continue doing things to help strengthen dh's and I bond as a couple

To be a fun, patient, loving, CREATIVE mama to dd who I think is getting a wee bit bored with our usual activities

To get geared up for treasure mapping -- finish decluttering and cleaning, get my magazines

To get moments and continue taking advntage of moments for SELF CARE...

I missed you mamas! *hugs*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page