Forum Jump: 

#91 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Morning all!

We had an absolutely wonderful day yesterday and I am grateful! I even talked to my mom about getting ahold of one of my Grandmother's rosaries --- Billie-joe, you have inspired me because our grandmothers sound VERY similar in spirit and in how they lived their lives -- my Grandmother was a devout Catholic as well (we are not catholic but respect the faith) -- and I would LOVE to have one of her rosaries and use each bead to think of something we are grateful for etc --- I'm going to stalk my aunts down and see if they will give me one (I think she only had two or three so I dunno)

i was raised catholic, but don't consider myself at all religious now either. and i did go through a period in my life where i really rebelled against religion. in recent years, and especially since learning about LoA, i have a new respect for religion. i had a lovely conversation last week with my daughter's schoolteacher about different religions and cultures and finding respect for the differences and the commonality that ties us all together. she is Jewish and was celebrating passover last week.

the rosary is nice a momento for me from my grandmother. i also have some Tibetan prayer beads that i bought years ago, they are nice and simple. just simple wooden beads tied together on string.

i posted a picture on my blog of my daughters prayer beads she made at school, very cute!
#92 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
Well....a friend of mine (also an ENer) said to me, "About three weeks after you stop nursing, you'll wake up one day and say to yourself, "OMG, where have I BEEN?"

Happened to me!
I think I can relate!
#93 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddie View Post
So, the other day I had a "feeling" and a little voice telling me to
*go* to the humane society when they opened and we found the CUTEST little 8 lb terrier mix named Gizmo.
This is the same way we got our dog about 4 years ago! I had a dream about her, even what her name was, and found her at the humane society the next day. she was about the same age as Gizmo as well.

I can't remeber who said they do bead work and volunteered to make the bracelets/necklaces, but thank you for that generous offer. I hope we decide to take you up on it because i know nothing about beading
#94 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I don't know. I don't mean to negate what anyone else is experiencing, but I don't want to be my "old self" again. I like me better now Being a parent is hard at times (especially since I had PPD with both of 'em) and yes, I'm realizing I've left some things behind that I am working on getting back, but I've also gained things (I mean personality-wise and emotional things - not just my kids ). You could not pay me enough to be the person I used to be and part of that is because of becoming a mom. I really feel like I'm getting better all the time Sorry if that sounds conceited, but . . . oh well, it's just true! You know, I wish everyone was blessed enough to feel that way so you know what, I'm not going to apologize for it .
Just so there is no misunderstanding here . . .

I have recreated myself many times in my life and YES, there is a time that I would not want to go back to (to that old Self). I am not talking about that. I am NOT talking about lamenting the things I *left behind* etc....

I'm talking about something entirely different.

And I hope that you are not suggesting that I don't feel blessed like you do simply because I posted about getting my *self* back.

Forgive me if I'm taking this too personally or out of context, but that's the way it came across to me.
#95 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I really feel like I'm getting better all the time Sorry if that sounds conceited, but . . . oh well, it's just true! You know, I wish everyone was blessed enough to feel that way so you know what, I'm not going to apologize for it .
yay Shannon! that is awesome
#96 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 AM

Thanks KateSt.
I you!

I'm excited about finding some beads that really represent who I am. Who was it that said she was willing to make them?

And thanks for the link to that site Pat, that jewellery is stunning!

Happy Manifesting everyone!
#97 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

Forgive me if I'm taking this too personally or out of context, but that's the way it came across to me.

I don't think she meant it that way

I totally understand what you meant about getting your self back ( i think ) to me it was about finally having time for introspection and self-care. I couldn't find the balance between caring for my little ones and caring for myself until my youngest was about 4 or 5. she's 6.5 now
#98 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Did everyone have a fun easter with their families? We've manifested $ and my DDs needed new spring clothes, so we put $ in some of the easter eggs, and then took them shopping for new clothes! They had so much fun having their own cash, deciding what to get, and paying themselves.

Quote:
Yeah, there were many things I didn't connect with on Flylady but some of her stuff is spot on. And now I'm pretty sure she's got the LOA thing going, even if she doesn't use the term
YES! I think her whole declutter thing is very LOA -- clutter attracts more clutter. Also, her focas on cleaning one thing, keeping it clean, and then allowing that clean thing to attract more clean things (a clean sink attracts a clean counter, and so on). She's also very big on planning your time to clean, time with your family, and time for yourself, which is really the same thing as setting intentions.

Quote:
Only lately have I started feeling like my *old self* again. Has anyone else noticed this?
I'm the same way. I felt like I lost myself for years, and I now I have myself back Part of it for me was that when I was single and childless, I felt that I could create my life to be whatever I wanted (even though I didn't call it LOA), but after joining my life to someone else's and bringing children into the world, I felt like I had exchanged that freedom for a lot of responsibility. Coming to realize that I can still create y life the way I want it, but that creating it WITH OTHER PEOPLE was what I wanted was huge for me!

Quote:
yes, I'm realizing I've left some things behind that I am working on getting back, but I've also gained things (I mean personality-wise and emotional things
I know what you mean! I've grown so much over the years, and now I'm integrating the best of me as mother with the best of me as a person, rather than seeing those as some how incompatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avena View Post
Hey mamas, may i join in?

I need to manifest some positive intentions in my life right now!
:

Is there something specific you are manifesting, or general postive experiences?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#99 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:48 AM

Every week I "intend" to be productive, but at the end of the week I look around and wonder what I've done all week. So I'm going to list some intentions here. It will help, I know.

This week, I will:

* read one chapter of "Creating Money" each morning
* listen to mediation CD or Holosync demo CD at least two days
* put away Easter stuff (today!)
* start listing stuff of ebay
* shred bag of papers
* do some kind of general housework daily (other than cooking, dishes and laundry)
* take donation bag to thrift store
* make necessary phone calls
* finish taxes (almost done, but need to make phone call first)
* make and eat more healthful foods and less junk

OK, I'm off to clean up the rest of the kitchen from yesterday's company and read my chapter.
#100 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Banned

I understand what shannopn meant but I totally understand what you meant too Terri (annikate) --

I love who I am and who I have become and I don't regret or *wish* I was someone else etc --

However, there are parts of my *old self* I do want back since having dd -- so I can completely understand Terri -- for example, I used to be a voracious reader -- before dd, I could read 2 books a day and retain them -- there is nothing I love more (well few things) than devouring a good book -- fiction, nonfiction, LOA, whatever... and now with dd -- man, I think it takes me about three weeks to finish a book (if I finish one at all) --

-- stuff like that I can really relate to -- so while I am not sitting around regreting anything, there are some things I am very much looking forward to getting back to within and about myself that will be possible when dd gets to a place where she can play alone for a few minutes (even if I am in the room) or able to spend a few more hours with daddy and things of that nature....
#101 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
I don't think she meant it that way

I totally understand what you meant about getting your self back ( i think ) to me it was about finally having time for introspection and self-care. I couldn't find the balance between caring for my little ones and caring for myself until my youngest was about 4 or 5. she's 6.5 now
Yes! This is exactly what I mean. Hmmmm, guess it's not going to be a good day for written expression eh?

But, yes, what I'm talking about it totally about introspection. It has nothing whatsoever to do w/the *things* I used to do or the freedoms I *used* to have yk?

It's a mind thing.
#102 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post

i posted a picture on my blog of my daughters prayer beads she made at school, very cute!

I love Jasmine's prayer beads.

Pat

I have a blog.
#103 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Just so there is no misunderstanding here . . .

I have recreated myself many times in my life and YES, there is a time that I would not want to go back to (to that old Self). I am not talking about that. I am NOT talking about lamenting the things I *left behind* etc....

I'm talking about something entirely different.

And I hope that you are not suggesting that I don't feel blessed like you do simply because I posted about getting my *self* back.

I read somethng in a book this morning that might pertain here (A Year of Living Consciously). Today's entry is titled "Embracing Essence." It starts:

"You can visualize and embrace essence as who you were in your original form, as a pure loving heart not yet bombarded with the world's messages: Be safe! Take care! Don't feel too much! Be this! Do that!"

At the end it says:

"Words, as Mark Twain says, are not adequate, and so you will dwell in the realm of feeling, of music, of the soul, and you beging to reclaim your birthright: your essence."
#104 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post

-- stuff like that I can really relate to -- so while I am not sitting around regreting anything, there are some things I am very much looking forward to getting back to within and about myself that will be possible when dd gets to a place where she can play alone for a few minutes (even if I am in the room) or able to spend a few more hours with daddy and things of that nature....
i agree with everything you said here. i am also looking forward to doing things i did before kids, like going biking, long walks, devouring a good book in one sitting. but, i can still do some of those things, but in little snippits here and there. i can still enjoy a good book, it might take me 3 weeks to finish it, but man do i appreciate those few moments i can steal away and read a chapter or two, or a page or two. and it's usually in the bathroom, it's the only room that has a lock on it! it's kind of like a little preview of those times to come.
#105 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Hmmmm, guess it's not going to be a good day for written expression eh?
How about "I am glad that misunderstandings are clarified quickly and with understanding."

Pat

I have a blog.
#106 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
This week:

I am manifesting a wooden table and chairs (toddler sized) for little guys 1st birthday!!!

I am still going to manifest a relaxing a stress free week (I'll continue on with this one for awhile until I get the hang of it). I have Friday off for 'spring holiday' aka easter weekend, and so I also scheduled Thursday off so I can have a long weekend with my little monster.

I am manifesting a warm and sunny week and weekend!!!!! I am craving me some sunshine!

I am going to manifest a warm and loving week between me and dp. With me stressed often, it makes me lash out at dp which is no good Not anymore! We are going to work well as a team, we are going to support eachother always and in all ways, we are going to love eachother deeply, and we are going to enjoy eachother's company!

I am manifesting time to finish my cabinets in the kitchen- and they are going to look spectacular!!!!

And I don't know if this is the right place to do this, but I need to send my daddy super duper good vibes. I realize I can't manifest for him- but I want to send my energy his way. He's been completely broke ever since he quit boeing years ago (thinking he wanted to break away from corporate america). He reapplied and I think they're going to hire him back!!!
Good morning ladies! I hope you all had a spectacular weekend. I'm horrible about checking in on the weekends. I wanted to start out by seeing what I had accomplished from last week:

I bought Eli's table at target. It wasn't the exact thing I thought I'd end up getting, but I really dig it. It's wood that is painted orange on the base and rainbow colored on top. It'll go well in his room. I also wrapped all of his birthday gifts this weekend.

I had a pretty stress free week. Had the nice long weekend which allowed me to catch up on a lot of things that I was antsy about while I was at work and couldn't do anything about it.

We had tons of sunshine this weekend until yesterday afternoon (sun off and on though!) I think it was about 85 Friday....that's what my car thermometer said anyway. It was hot!! Very weird for Seattle area in early April

Dp and I have had a really good week together. We've been working well as a team and not fighting. We started to fight briefly the other day, and then I just started laughing and it was over

I finished painting the walls on the cabinets I'm going to leave open faced and it looks great. I need to finish painting a couple of the other cabinets white, but I'm just about done. Very exciting!

Aaaaaaand- my daddy called me yesterday. He has his interview at Boeing in a week!!!!!

I'm going to think really hard about what I need and want this week and post again in a few. I've been slightly funky this morning, but I'll pull myself out. I overdrafted for the first time in a long time and it completely threw me off. I had been doing so well

That's ok- I have an abundance of money!!!! All the time! Everything will be spectacular!
#107 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
But, yes, what I'm talking about it totally about introspection. It has nothing whatsoever to do w/the *things* I used to do or the freedoms I *used* to have yk?

It's a mind thing.
I know completely what you mean and you may not be talking about things you used to do or freedoms you used to have, I am completely without apology --

I do get you on the mind thing, because I am right there and I do understand -- but for me too, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying "ya know what, I want to read a book for an hour without a constant stream of *play playdough* *where's dolly* *want to color* and such -- it doesn't mean I don't love my daughter, it doesn't mean I wouldn't die for her, it doesn't mean that I don't comnpletely enjoy her company -- it simply means, there are some things I willingly and happily put on the back burners while she was an infant and small toddler -- that was the *season* we were in and I happily did it --- but that doesn't mean I am not just as happily looking forward for more time with and for myself ...cuz I totally am
#108 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:12 AM

I got a wonderful blessing yesterday - a phone call from my baby brother in Iraq. He sounds tired but good. Missing home of course.

so good to hear his voice.

I wish I would have thought of more things to say though. I know he was wanting to connect with home and I don't know if I did a good enough job.
#109 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 AM

I am off to manifest a fun and joyful birthday party for dd2.

:

: : :

(She wanted a doggie party!)
#110 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
I got a wonderful blessing yesterday - a phone call from my baby brother in Iraq. He sounds tired but good. Missing home of course.

I wish I would have thought of more things to say though. I know he was wanting to connect with home and I don't know if I did a good enough job.
I'm sure you did great!
#111 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:

I'm sure just hearing your voice was enough whimsy! Wow, that is a blessing.
#112 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Annikate, I'm sorry you were offended by what I wrote. Let me just say I was not trying to insult you, or anyone who feels the way you do, or imply you are not blessed

Sunshine love and blessings to all of us today
#113 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
Did everyone have a fun easter with their families? We've manifested $ and my DDs needed new spring clothes, so we put $ in some of the easter eggs, and then took them shopping for new clothes! They had so much fun having their own cash, deciding what to get, and paying themselves.

We had a really good easter actually! <does that sound surprising....cause it was, lol> We went to my parents' ate lunch. My brother came with his two boys after lunch and we all sat around a bit. It was really nice and a real blessing!

I'm the same way. I felt like I lost myself for years, and I now I have myself back Part of it for me was that when I was single and childless, I felt that I could create my life to be whatever I wanted (even though I didn't call it LOA), but after joining my life to someone else's and bringing children into the world, I felt like I had exchanged that freedom for a lot of responsibility. Coming to realize that I can still create y life the way I want it, but that creating it WITH OTHER PEOPLE was what I wanted was huge for me!

You know...I totally get this!! For years, I didn't really know what I wanted or how to go about it. I also spent so many years transforming myself from who I was to who I am today. And, with kids, I wonder where "I" fit for personal wants and needs for "April"....you know... Because, I'm okay with being a mother, wife, friend, daughter, etc... Yet I find the core "me" lost sometimes...and like I have to think of everyone else in relation to that...and I think it's easier to simply ignore that core me because that means fitting more into my schedule and telling people that "I" have ideas, dreams, goals, etc... I've been thinking alot on this lately....and am surprising myself with the answers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
That's ok- I have an abundance of money!!!! All the time! Everything will be spectacular!
Thank you for this quote!! This moment, these next two weeks, I definitely desire to be friends with unexpected money coming in wonderful ways!!!

Quote:
Sunshine love and blessings to all of us today
This is another fantastic ray of sunshine and blessings!! Thank you soooooooooooo much for sharing!! Today is absolute fantastic and I desire everyone here to have something neat and special and out of the ordinary come their way....a beautiful blessing!!!!
#114 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
But yes, in some ways I understand what you mean. I am making more time for the things I want to do and be now instead of just trying to keep my head above water like when the kids were younger (my youngest and last is turning 5 next month). Like emailing the local Buddhist center and finding out all the mediation classes I was interested in are drop in friendly, Whoo hoo!

And goodness, I hope I don't have to wait til the boy weans to discover myself, I don't think he's going to do that til he's in college. Well, unless he goes to the University in town, then maybe we can manage to continue
Mine weaned at 5 3/4 and even though it was down to 30 seconds a week, I guess you still go on producing prolactin till they're done. When that stops, your brain kind of wakes up in some way! I'm not saying I was in la la land all that time - I mean, I was learning and working and stuff - but I did sense a sharpness of mind coming back afterwards that I hadn't realized was missing!

Also, now he's 8 I'm finding I have far more time to read/hang out at MDC/talk to my friends, even with HSing and stuff. He just entertains himself a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I created this Cafe Press shop a couple months back. I still have designs to do and a domain name to redirect, but there's the start. http://www.cafepress.com/gratitudegear
Cool! I'm off to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
Dp and I have had a really good week together. We've been working well as a team and not fighting. We started to fight briefly the other day, and then I just started laughing and it was over
Yeah, isn't that cool?!

Quote:

I'm so glad you got to talk to him. I'm sure that meant everything to him.

Does he have an email hookup too?

elcome to everyone new!! Join in the fun, ride the energy, and remember we can't keep up either!!
#115 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
Mine weaned at 5 3/4 and even though it was down to 30 seconds a week, I guess you still go on producing prolactin till they're done. When that stops, your brain kind fo wakes up in some way! I'm not saying I was in la la land all that time - I mean, I was learning and working and stuff - but I did sense a sharpness of mind coming back afterwards that I hadn't realized was missing!

Also, now he's 8 I'm fidning I have far more time to read/hang out at MDC/talk to my friends, even with HSing and stuff. He just entertains himself a lot!
my daughter weaned at 2 1/2 and i immediately found that i had more energy, more clarity of thought, and i ended up with insomnia for about a month. the nursing to sleep was the last one to go, and i think the prolactin put me to sleep too. as soon as she stopped breastfeeding, i found myself tossing and turning all night long. so, after that i found i was starting to feel like my old self again. but i think i went back to being my old self plus more because i was me again but i was a mom too which enriched my life even more. i could leave dd for longer periods and do some things for myself outside of home. i even lost about 30lbs. i enjoyed that for 3 months and then i got pregnant again! so here i am again, typing with one hand while i nurse, fixing breakfast with a baby on my hip and a 4 year old next to me. good thing is that with baby number 2, i know the flow so to speak, and i know that i'll eventually have more time to myself again.
#116 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM

Marking my spot, page six!! My family dinner went SPECTACULARLY, even with the broken wine glass. With an amazing manifesting story about that......and today I have a lunch date with my old high school friends. Not the one I intended to see, but you never know.

(okay evrybody stop chatting so I can catch up this afternoon )

p.s. isn't a clean house WONDERFUL? I am just beaming.

WAIT a minute...where did THAT come from??? THANK YOU DDDDC FAIRY>
omg, my teeth are going to hurt more from smiling! What a fantastic start to the week. It's going to be a GREAT one!
#117 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:

I'm sure he was just happy to talk to you! That's great!
#118 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 PM

What is the first thing a person needs to do if s/he has a great idea for a new toy? Or more like a new twist on an old toy?

How do you copyright your idea or whatever? If someone knows of a good site to get this information I would much appreciate it.
#119 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Anna, perhaps you could google "patent acquisition" and see what comes up?

Hey Amris, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring your request. I've got my thinking cap on!

whimsy, it must be so intense to have a family member in Iraq. Frankly, I can't imagine it! Sometimes our words fail us, but he called out of his connection to your spirit, and that I'm sure came straight across.

Welcome to our new friends!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#120 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 12:33 PM

oh PS: i think someone volunteered to string our collected beads? gosh, that would really be my preference. if i were to get a bunch of loose beads, it's doubtful i'd ever do anything with them. i also think it's a nice idea to set some parameters. :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page