Quoted: 0 Post(s)
forget it
#122 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
oh PS: i think someone volunteered to string our collected beads? gosh, that would really be my preference. if i were to get a bunch of loose beads, it's doubtful i'd ever do anything with them. i also think it's a nice idea to set some parameters. :
What if everyone sent as many beads as they wish, and some may be able to send more beads and some fewer beads. But, they could all be distributed so everyone received many different beads in return. Perhaps, leaving the artistic design to whomever is endowed with those gifts of creativity. Then differently sized beads and irregularly shaped beads could be part of the gift of each person's unique creation.

The redistribution (mailing out all the necklaces and bracelets) might be a lot of work. Perhaps, someone other than the artistic creator could volunteer for that share of the effort? And, perhaps, the artistic jewelry creator could include a business card for future gift possibilities...

I'd be glad to add some money for the jewelry making parts. (can you tell I am not the one who is gifted to do this design/creating?!?!? )

Pat

I have a blog.
#123 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 PM

Good Morning my dear friends!

Well, silly me took one day off and then spent the last 20 minutes on last weeks thread pondering why it felt so "dead".....go it....lots more life happening over here!

I am DEFINITELY in on the bead scene! What a great idea! Just think how powerful our necklaces will be. Even if we hang them in windows or in your car when you aren't wearing them they will be such a great reminder.

We had a weekend filled with social visits and I walked away a little shook up by how NON-loa everyone seemed to be! I just heard so many, "well, if
worse comes to worse", "why does this always happen to me?" and more negative statements. It was great practice for separating myself from other people's negativity, but it was also a little sad.

Anyways, just checking in and ready to flow this week with all of you.
Dh and I typically do the I hate Monday thing so we started doing a Sunday night gratitude list of why we love our life situations (aka jobs! ) and it seems to really have helped both of us out this morning with getting the week started on a high note.

I have started to feel the baby move whenever I stop and bring my attention to the little snuggle bug. Speaking of bugs, KateSt. your recent lovenote was the BEST! I love how you are working all loa ideas in there.
#124 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

I am all for sending beads to one person (hi ho Megan!) and having them made into necklaces. I think if we do it this way we should also add in a contribution for the artist for time and additional supplies. :

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#125 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Petersmama, you might also want to check out the Baha'i Faith
Ooh, I will! I know *nothing* about this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddie View Post
I have been wanting to get a small dog for my 7 yo son for some time now. We tried fostering pups for the humane society(none seemd right for us) and I have been watching the newspaper/craigslist. I really wanted a small, spunky, Benji type but all the humane society ever had was some sort of pitbull mix; purebreds here are $1200.

So, the other day I had a "feeling" and a little voice telling me to
*go* to the humane society when they opened and we found the CUTEST little 8 lb terrier mix named Gizmo. He looks like a little gremlin but is spunky and loving and gentle. Picture an old man's fumanchu moustache with severe protruding underbite and bulging eyes with a twinkle. He is a youngster around 6 mos to 1 year but not as needy as a puppy. Craig loves him, wish I could post a pic.

Now I am going to manifest my perfect man! Hope I meet him soon, waiting for the "feeling" ...
Cool beans!!

Okay, mamas, I am not caught up, but just wanted to remind everyone that one of my intentions for the week is to be focused and productive (and I'm at work right now writing to y'all!! but I have a meeting in 10 minutes, so I can't really do anything right now) and I just finished an assignment that was just insane! It was a homework that LITERALLY could have been a doctoral dissertation (how motivation is manifested in twelve theories of learning). Whew! How's THAT for productive and focused?

I hope to catch up with you soon, so stop typing!
#126 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

I my ipod. Itunes downloads my fav HH shows as podcasts. I have mine with me all the time. I usually just use one earbud so I can pay attention to the kiddos too. They've learned to look for the pink cord hanging out of my head before they start a conversation with me

I my ipod too!! Hey, what HH podcasts do y'all listen to? I just got Cheryl Richardson, Wayne Dyer, and Wyatt something (I like him! He is like a new-age cowboy!)
#127 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
so ever since discovering LoA last fall, i see LoA in everything. we love to rent movies on the weekends, and i have noticed there are a lot of LoA themed movies. i thought it might be fun to list some our favourites. here's some of mine:

Chocolat (i think it fits in with Abraham-Hicks and the Art of Allowing)

Stranger than Fiction - starring Will Farrell

Memoirs of a Geisha

and Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray

I love all these movies because they are fun, feel good movies. what are you favourite LoA movies?
Okay, so y'all need to stop typing, but apparently, I DON'T! Heehee!!

Anyway, I adore Chocolat and Stranger than Fiction is my new fave movie! I also loved the book Memoirs.... and Groundhog Day is awesome.

Now I want to rewatch them with LoA in mind....hmmmm.

yeah, Will Ferrell!! I heart you!
#128 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I am all for sending beads to one person (hi ho Megan!) and having them made into necklaces. I think if we do it this way we should also add in a contribution for the artist for time and additional supplies. :
:
#129 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#130 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Okay...about the beads.

I'm willing to do the set up on it...but someone else would have to be the beader.

I'm thinking we could all send our beads to that person, with a self-addressed and stamped envelope that the necklace could be sent back in so the beader doesn't have to worry about that. We could use paypal or whatever to ensure the beader has all their expenses covered (including time & energy). Then, when they are complete, she would just pop them in the envelopes and mail.

Anyone who is willing to participate could pm me with their names so we know how many are participating, etc.

How does this sound? I'm open to suggestions, this was just my initial thoughts.
#131 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
What I have begun to notice about watching media and LOA is that I am able to lessen my own emotional investment in the story I'm watching. Rather than feeling the fear or sadness, I'm thinking to myself, "well, so and so attracted that by doing this..." and then it all seems much more logical and unemotional. Its good for me. I generally try to avoid the negative programming (because its not Positive!) but now I'm able to look at it from a more distanced perspective.
Yes. I rarely watch the news either, I prefer to catch headlines online and follow up if I choose.

I know that me feeling a low vibration does nothing to help myself, my family, my community, my world. So I do what I can to keep my energy focused on what I can do to help.
#132 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I my ipod too!! Hey, what HH podcasts do y'all listen to? I just got Cheryl Richardson, Wayne Dyer, and Wyatt something (I like him! He is like a new-age cowboy!)
I like Esther Hicks, Debbie Ford, Michael Neill and I enjoy listening to Doreen Virtue sometimes too.
#133 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
What I have begun to notice about watching media and LOA is that I am able to lessen my own emotional investment in the story I'm watching. Rather than feeling the fear or sadness, I'm thinking to myself, "well, so and so attracted that by doing this..." and then it all seems much more logical and unemotional. Its good for me. I generally try to avoid the negative programming (because its not Positive!) but now I'm able to look at it from a more distanced perspective.
I think it's been the opposite for me - I've become more emotional about the news, both positive and negative. I feel myself welling up with tears of joy for people I don't know when something good happens to/for them. And I really feel it in the pit of my stomach (and sad tears) for the bad news.

I try not to watch it so much, but sometimes DH will have it on (small house, no where to go to avoid it, really) or I find myself reading the news on the Internet.
#134 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Okay...about the beads.

I'm willing to do the set up on it...but someone else would have to be the beader.

I'm thinking we could all send our beads to that person, with a self-addressed and stamped envelope that the necklace could be sent back in so the beader doesn't have to worry about that. We could use paypal or whatever to ensure the beader has all their expenses covered (including time & energy). Then, when they are complete, she would just pop them in the envelopes and mail.

Anyone who is willing to participate could pm me with their names so we know how many are participating, etc.

How does this sound? I'm open to suggestions, this was just my initial thoughts.
I'm interested in this but I haven't a clue about beads. I'm sure I could buy them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby (right?) but I wouldn't really know what I was looking at. Would the beader(s) specify an amount to charge? I'd have no clue on what was fair for that either.

I've been avoiding responding to these posts for the above reasons, but would really like to participate.
#135 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies.

I am trying to think of other LoA movies but nothing is jumping to mind. What about other media... fiction or music that supports your journey? Some of my favorite music right now is Wah! and Deva Premal... always lifts my mood.
#136 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM

I'd love to do the bead thing!

Another LOA-inspired movie: The Pursuit of Happyness!

Here's another thing I was wondering:

I know at least Amris is already experimenting with raw food. I saw a thing that Michael Beckwith, my favorite Secret guy, is in fact a raw foodie himself! This just made me feel SO on the right track. So my question is:

Who would like to join me for a 30-day raw food challenge, starting on April 17th (the same day we start our Treasure Maps)?

This week will be for transitioning and planning - figure out some recipies, dig out that blender, etc. Most importantly, start ADDING raw foods to your diet now -without taking anything away - so your body gets used to the digestive process for a week when you make the switch.

Anybody game?

My inspiration

Cafe Gratitude
Living Foods Family (check out mama's before/after!!!)
#137 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
I'd love to do the bead thing!

Another LOA-inspired movie: The Pursuit of Happyness!

Here's another thing I was wondering:

I know at least Amris is already experimenting with raw food. I saw a thing that Michael Beckwith, my favorite Secret guy, is in fact a raw foodie himself! This just made me feel SO on the right track. So my question is:

Who would like to join me for a 30-day raw food challenge, starting on April 17th (the same day we start our Treasure Maps)?

This week will be for transitioning and planning - figure out some recipies, dig out that blender, etc. Most importantly, start ADDING raw foods to your diet now -without taking anything away - so your body gets used to the digestive process for a week when you make the switch.

Anybody game?

My inspiration

Cafe Gratitude
Living Foods Family (check out mama's before/after!!!)

I would be so in!! My husband and I have been tossing that around for a while (going raw) and I think that might be the jump we need -- We are strict vegetarians so we have that in our favor but man, we eat so many things that aren't raw because we don't have any sensitivities to food (that we know of!!) --

We also have this super duper cool juicer that would juice a rock if you tried so that would help a lot I think in our raw journey...

....and if my secret (or not) crush Michael Beckwith is a raw foodist, well... I gotta give it a try right?
#138 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM

James Ray mentioned the news in the Universe interview. He was talking about negative influences in general. The part about energy vampires made me laugh ("But James, what if I'm sleeping with the energy vampire?" ). But something he said really resonated with me. He said everything counts. There is no neutral, everything affects us positively or negatively. I haven't thought it all through yet and am not sure I agree there are no neutrals but he does have a great point. So many things affect us negatively and we take them for granted and don't even think of limiting our exposure. And so many other things affect us positively but we take them for granted and don't give thanks or even acknowledge them because we think they are so small they "don't count". I also agreed with his advice on avoiding or limiting (when you can) the negative instead of just putting up with it.

Anyway, I don't follow the news and last week I remembered why. Dh got the paper and I ended up reading some really horrible local murder stories -one was rather graphic. These stories do not concern me, I can't do anything about them (one was 17 years old and both were family members killing each other) and there was no need for me to read them. I don't mean to have my head in the sand about things, but don't tell me what's wrong with the world. Tell me what good I can do. The news rarely seems to be concerned with that. They are mostly about sensational stories and the more graphic, tear jerking and/or anger inspiring, the more it sells.

So I think I'll copy James Ray A simple "thank you" every morning when my feet touch the ground. That's what he's said now in two interviews of his and that's what he said in the Secret, along with the visual of feet on the ground that they showed on the screen. So I think I'll go with that. Now I co-sleep with a chatty 4 year old so I won't be able to spend a lot of time going through a list but I think just "thank you" will be a good start

I'm also thinking of painting some sort of sign for my kitchen to remind me to say thank you and to love on the food
#139 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:48 PM

Manifesting a beader or two.
#140 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM

mamaautumn, yes, music in particular! Lately I've been realizing how depressing my choice in music used to be. I don't think that caused me to be depressed though, I think it was an outside manifestation of what was going on inside. Nowadays I just find myself not able to listen to my old favorites.

I put on a Billy Joel album a few weeks ago - Cold Spring Harbor - which is a beautiful album but many of the songs are really down. I'm singing along to one song (can't remember which) and get to the part with something about "want to die" and it just was so NOT my vibration I couldn't even keep listening.

And books. Gawd, this sounds trite, but I want happy endings. I just can't stand reading lately and getting to the end and the main character is unhappy and miserable or whatever. I need books that leave me uplifted at the end, not vaguely sad and having an uncontrollable urge to shove sugar in my face
#141 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Everyone knows about this thread about empowering lyrics, positive movies and books? http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=518686

Pat

I have a blog.
#142 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM

About the beads ... my due date club did something like this (I didn't participate though). Basically everyone signed up who wanted to participate. Then they sent that many beads (plus one or two extra) to the person in charge or beading. So, if 20 people were participating in all (including the beader), the each person sent the beader about 22 beads and a SASE to the beader. I think about $4 or $5 dollars were also paypal'd or sent with the beads to cover cording and time. The necklaces and/or braclets were made and remailed to each person. They did specify beads all about a certain size (the beader had gone to Michael's or such place to get an idea of a good size), and I think it was stone, glass or wood beads that were sent. So ... there's an idea of how to run it. I'm not volunteering though!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#143 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Manifesting a beader or two.

What I was thinking of doing would be to place all the beads in a big bowl so I wouldn't know who sent what, saying a simple (non religious! I have mad respect!) blessing over them and their energy -- then just stringing them up as I like -- then I thought, I would hold each person's envelope in my hand and sort of meditate on it for a moment and choose an already strung necklace that *speaks* to me for them and send it out with love --

Or if someone else is doing the beading that would be a cool idea too

ETA: scratch that... I would love to be a beader but I am currently working on changing the fact that I tend to procrastinate and I wouldn't want the necklaces to be sitting, half done, three months from now with some very fed up mamas waiting ....

I'm sorry, I thought better of it and I don't know if I would be up to the task
#144 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Gawd, this sounds trite, but I want happy endings. I just can't stand reading lately and getting to the end and the main character is unhappy and miserable or whatever. I need books that leave me uplifted at the end, not vaguely sad and having an uncontrollable urge to shove sugar in my face
Shannon I hear you and at the sugar --

You know, I feel like that too, and of course I am replacing the limiting belief that tells me "I am a deep artist and musician I have to be sullen and depressed and cynical to be legitimate" and embracing my happiness!

I am no less of an artist or spiritual or connected creator because I want a happy ending! I love happy endings!
#145 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:10 PM

My favorite, most recent book is "In the Eyes of Anahita" by Hugo Bonjean. It is totally LoA...and has a real adventurous feel to it much like "The Celestine Prophecy." Awesome book.

Oh, and "The Pursuit of Happyness" is a fabulous BOOK. Most of the book covers his past, which was very painful...but the way he triumphs and rises above it all is truly inspiring.
#146 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
MCAL I would be game to bead -- I wouldn't accept any payment for time or energy at all -- the self addressed envelopes to send the necklaces back would be awesome -- I used to be a jewelry maker, when I followed the Grateful Dead many moons ago I sold hemp and beaded jewelry (that I made) and I really do enjoy it --
Okay...I'm starting to compile the lists of beader(s) and also lists of people interested.

If people want to sign up, pm me and let me know. I'll make a list of everyone this week and then we can decide all the particulars of how to proceed from there.
#147 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:17 PM

We just had a wonderful birthday party for my baby girl.

I actually have some beads here that have been sitting in a bag for a while. MY mom makes jewelry and I had some inspiration a while back that I'd like to learn how to make nursing necklaces. My inspiration was short lived but now I have a great use for these beads!

I'll pm you MCAL. I'm up for contributing $ and beads. this idea!
#148 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM

I'm out the door and wanted to quickly ask for some vibes (don't know why I didn't think of this before!).

My sweet, adorable, loving cat has been peeing everywhere lately. Two different people have suggested it could be an infection so I should get it checked out. We're going to the vet in 5 minutes to see what he says. I am manifesting an easy solution and would appreciate some loving thoughts along that line His name is Oscar, he's a he He's a rather large, black cat with healthy, shiny fur and a very sweet disposition. We don't know how old he is but we've had him 8 years. He is a lovey bear
#149 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I like Esther Hicks, Debbie Ford, Michael Neill and I enjoy listening to Doreen Virtue sometimes too.
I couldn't find these in the iTunes store...do you get them through iTunes or the Hayhouse website?
#150 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
He is a lovey bear
Hey, btw. I'm going to plug homeopathy for pets too. Our friend's cat was 'pissed' at all the company in the house at holiday time. : I think it was nux vomica which helped him with his stress-incontinence. He also had a kidney stone and the homeopathy helped that too. She called the homeopathic animal specialist and had several different remedies prosribed. But, I believe it was the nux vomica which helped the most.

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page