Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chocolate lovers UNITE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
Ack! I want to eat chocolate only on special occasions! Not just because it is Monday and I finally got ds to sleep!
I eat chocolate EVERY DAY during ds's nap!!!!!!
And like Melanie, I buy the good stuff! One little piece a day is all I need.
Petersmama -- you let go of the mama-guilt! LET GO OF THE CHOCOLATE guilt!!! I was just reading how we can really eat ANYTHING we want as long as we don't eat it with guilt!

That being said, dh and I are going to incorporate one raw food meal a week - I think that's all I can take.

As Amris pointed out, even MacDonald's won't kill you if you bless it enough! I have a theory, which maybe I already talked about: everyone always says how their grandparents ate meat, potatoes, fat, sugar, etc and lived to be a healthy old age -- I think it's because saying GRACE used to be more popular! Blessing our food I think really changes the way it interacts with us -- but it's also a stretch to think this way as we're downing french fries and ice cream, so that's why we still choose to eat healthy MOST of the time and then GUILT-FREE when we do indulge.
Someone should write a book! Isn't MsChats an expert in this?

Welcome ABRANGER!!!!!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#182 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
First off, I used to do the "No one likes me" thing too....then I stopped, mainly because I realized that I didn't care. I am a cool person, and I can't control whether or not someone likes me, so if they don't like me, too bad! :P

eat a few pieces and enjoy it!!!!!

That's the problem!!! I can do the second part (enjoy it), but the first part (a few pieces....hmmm. Not so much!

I'm liking "I fill my body with nourishing food" I think it will help me realize that *sometimes* chocolate IS nourishment, but not always.
I hear you. I just thought of a good affirmation for myself.

"I trust that I will eat a balanced diet of nourishing food." That way I am giving myself the credit of knowing when enough is enough!
#183 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Pat, spending a lot of time on Allentate.com. Thanks for the link.

#184 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM

#185 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post

Of course you are. I am a Manifesting Master. :

Pat

I have a blog.
#186 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

I think a huge part of the food issue (be it chocolate or something else) is that we constantly beat ourselves up over it, and we've been pounded with messages that what we want isn't good for us... and then it is again... and nope, bad again... We don't even give ourselves a chance to know when enough is enough, because we start off with our heads saying it's too much! I think when we let go and start listening to our bodies, we know what is and what isn't good for us. Then the issue of over-indulging becomes moot, because we have our own guidance back and are no longer listening to the voice of 'other' telling us what we should or shouldn't do.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#187 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Thanks for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Oh! True story of a choco-holic! There was a time I would eat any kind of chocolate at all, even the crappiest stuff available. Since I started buying myself good chocolate, and eating it whenever I feel like having it - without guilt! - I no longer feel the need to wolf down the stuff I don't even like. I actually threw away two big bunnies that were brought into the house, because they just weren't good enough to eat. (This is huge for me!)

Me too! And, if I buy dark enough, no one else wants my stash!

I am listening to James Ray's Masters of the Secret interview!
#188 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM

: to Melanie's great post! And to encourage Flowers and Petersmommy--OVERindulgence is perfectly natural as we learn to eat intuitively again--it will taper off as you learn to trust yourself more.

Terri--great and informative article!!

#189 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:02 PM

And and to Pat!

#190 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I'm so happy you linked to that. I had found your article on raw chocolate once before and have been meaning to ask you where to buy raw chocolate?? I don't think I've ever seen it.
#191 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#192 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I'm so happy you linked to that. I had found your article on raw chocolate once before and have been meaning to ask you where to buy raw chocolate?? I don't think I've ever seen it.
I get it at my co-op now but used to order it from rawfoods.com
#193 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalily View Post
Thanks for posting this!

Me too! And, if I buy dark enough, no one else wants my stash!
ooh, dark chocolate is my fave! i love Godiva's dark chocolate truffles. me too, when i buy them i don't have to share because noone else in my house likes dark chocolate!
#194 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
I've been mulling this over for a long time now, and I'm not any closer to being able to express it eloquently, so I'm just going to toss it out there:

What is the link between manifesting and morality? Where does my responsibility lie?

Example: I want a redwood deck, I manifest a redwood deck, but I have simulateously manifested one less old growth tree in an ancient forest. Should I have made a better choice? What about the guy who wants a really fast car, but he needs a road to drive it on, and the road cuts off a migration corridor for wild animals....
Don't you think it has to do with being in alignment? I mean, we're all working on shifting our alignment with Source or whatever you want to use for a word. So, Super, if you really be with your true preference, and your preference is for that deck, then you just have to be with it. So you start listening, tuning into your preferences, listening really deeply... and I believe that as we do that, and honor what comes up, our awareness of our true preferences shows up as more and more aligned with Source. It's all a process. It's all about consciousness. So, don't worry, right? Just listen, and it will all be right.

Just my 2 cents.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#195 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
ooh, dark chocolate is my fave! i love Godiva's dark chocolate truffles. me too, when i buy them i don't have to share because noone else in my house likes dark chocolate!
Did you know that Godiva doesn't use real vanilla (at least on those I've checked)? Not acceptable to me, for the prices they charge.

My 7-year-old actually likes dark chocolate, so that doesn't work for me. But that's OK, I'd rather he eat dark chocolate anyway, so I don't mind sharing with him, even though I buy the good stuff.

But I usually don't have to worry about DH breaking into my organic dark chocolate stash, at least. He's perfectly happy with Hershey's.
#196 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I get it at my co-op now but used to order it from rawfoods.com
Ah. I did find it online, but was hoping for a convenient local source.
#197 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Ah. I did find it online, but was hoping for a convenient local source.
You know what? Whole Foods has cacao nibs.
#198 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM

I'm getting ready to have a reading w/my favorite intuitive. I'm excited!
#199 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:56 PM

#200 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Have you decided where you want to move? Is Pat going to have a new local friend??????!!!!!

Yeah, any suggestions for LoA kids books and movies/videos. We also have a tv (gasp says before child Hillary!)

I am often dismayed at the messages books and videos portray. Ds loves Hop on Pop and they have a page where they say...are you glad, sad, mad....and for they mad they show a parent spanking achild and the child crying. Well, I always skipped that part and someone else must of read it to him b/c now when I try and pass it he says, "No mad and sad!" Great and then I try and tell him it hurts when you hit your friends!
#201 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Linda, I enjoy fiction and that's been bugging me lately. I picked up some "young adult" books that looked interesting from the library (I don't worry about "grade level" I read what I like, snort! ). Why is it that "young adult" seems to mean "really depressing, life changing, horrible events"?
The Newberry books that we've read all seem really heavy. Although I'm not reading any fiction for myself right now, I still read a chapter a day out of a book to my DDs. Right now we are reading Eldest, which they are super into.

I can't wait for the next Harry Potter book!

May be I'll go back to reading Jane Austin. I already know how they all end, but they are pleasant reads.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#202 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
oh PS: i think someone volunteered to string our collected beads? gosh, that would really be my preference. if i were to get a bunch of loose beads, it's doubtful i'd ever do anything with them. i also think it's a nice idea to set some parameters. :
I offered

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#203 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I'm getting ready to have a reading w/my favorite intuitive. I'm excited!
sweeeeeeeeeeeet. come and tell us all about it afterwards, ok? :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#204 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Gee, I'm posting a lot today

To anyone feeling ignored I apologize for my part in it but to be blunt, I've already accepted I will never keep up totally here It's really not that kind of thread so if you post and no one says anything do what someone (was it Annalilly?) did the other day - repost it and stamp your feet a bit to get attention

Quote:
I like to read young adult books too - they're usually easy, quick reads, and I don't have time for long novels these days. You're right though, they're usually pretty depressing. There's one I liked called "Stargirl" I think - I can't remember the author right now. It was a while ago that I read it, but I don't think it was depressing (or I'm just remembering the happy parts).
Hula, I'm sorry about your kittie and thanks for the love for mine

That's the same reason I like young adult. I just don't have the time (or, honestly, the patience) to get into really looooooooong books right now. I want something I can read in a few days in little bits here and there. I also like short stories but young adult novels are a nice inbetween length.

Quote:
I gotta be honest here....I wasn't even a perfect parent BEFORE I became a parent!!
Heh. I may be alone here but I was a worse parent before I became one. Not that I'm perfect now (far from - wait, it's the LOA thread, should I say I am a perfect mom? ) but before I had kids I had all sorts of ideas on how to raise them and let's just say they weren't ideas that would fit on this website.

Quote:
I really love the idea of adding things instead of taking them away. It's a very positive approach! A friend of mine does this with her diet... adding in a salad each day, rather than saying she's eliminating bread, for example.
Ooo, sorry, I erased the quote name but I like this idea

Actually this is weird. I was just writing an email to someone about my diet and I phrased it this way. I said that when I eat lots of raw fruits and veggies and crowd out other things, I feel good. Then I come here and read it here the same way. Hmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Have you read His Dark Materials by Philip Pulman? (I may have to come back and edit that author's name...)
No, I haven't. My library has it but I bypassed it because it sounded, um, dark, Does it have a happy ending? : I don't mind harsh stuff in the middle, I actually like some horror (got a thing for vampires) but it has to end well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
Example: I want a redwood deck, I manifest a redwood deck, but I have simulateously manifested one less old growth tree in an ancient forest. Should I have made a better choice? What about the guy who wants a really fast car, but he needs a road to drive it on, and the road cuts off a migration corridor for wild animals....
Well . . . . I've been using my manifesting powers in a way that fits into my ideals, not against them. The deck for example. Ok, I don't want a redwood deck, But if I did, I'd probably manifest a redwood deck from recycled redwood instead of visualizing a tree being cut down for me. Some things I buy new (like underwear ) but most things I enjoy finding recycled. Freecycle, thrift stores, etc. I wanted new pots (I want to get rid of our non-stick) and dh and I went to two stores on Saturday trying to find some we liked (that weren't hundreds of dollars) with no luck. I think the universe knew that I would be more thrilled with used ones because that night my mom gave us an old stainless steel pot with lid she found in her house. The next day we went to the in-laws for Easter. MIL (who had told us she didn't have any old ones to give away) had two stainless steel pots in her basement AND a bunch of steel cooking utensils that she was giving away. Heh, it didn't occur to me til just now I manifested them, huh? But that's my point. If you feel strongly (as I do) about green issues there's no reason you have to give that up when you manifest
#205 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:14 PM

I'm manifesting a new laptop. Quickly. I'm so happy and grateful that it's on it's way to me.

:

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#206 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Have you decided where you want to move? Is Pat going to have a new local friend??????!!!!!

Don't pin her down. I am open to the Universe providing the *how*. : Kate may be thinking 'well.. this' and 'well... that'. But, it will all unfold exactly as it needs to.

Pat

I have a blog.
#207 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

On the parenting convo -- I am so so so grateful that I didn't have dd until I was 28 because if I had her when I was 20, woah... I had parenting beliefs (like shannon said) that wouldn't be welcome on this site!!!

Then I swung the complete opposite way and I was a bit militant -- I've eased up a bit -- for example I used to be all "tv is evil" and while I don't really believe tv was right for our daughter before the age of two -- now that she is nearly 2 (in June) we have loosened up a bit with things I am comfortable with (like Curious George is okay for example) -- I am now striking a balance that works for everyone which is why I just LOVE consensual living and I am so grateful for Pat's wonderful input on that and glad we met on the GD board -- even though I believe I was definitely leaning that way, she was very helpful in helping me execute it and offer solutions --
#208 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

PS Kate, I haven't given up on you living close to us!! Have you looked into Athens Georgia?? A really "progressive" awesome town (imo) with plenty of hilly places for dh to ride his bike!! (and close to me )
#209 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM

#210 of 1144 Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
PS Kate, I haven't given up on you living close to us!! Have you looked into Athens Georgia?? A really "progressive" awesome town (imo) with plenty of hilly places for dh to ride his bike!! (and close to me )
athens would work for me for Kate too not too far away from where i live, plus i was born there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page