April 8-14 Manifesting Masters - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
It's not a "fault" type thing. The thing is, you shouldn't even be thinking about your neighbor's deck I mean, that is really the crux of the issue. You can't change your neighbor. You can provide information (if they ask or seem receptive!), you can suggest alternatives (again if they seem willing or wanting to listen) -- you can mention why you are building an alternative deck -- but really, your neighbor's actions are something you can't and shouldn't be wanting to change... sure if you want to visualize them coming to a place of being more conscious, go for it, but even that is giving energy to where it really kind of doesn't belong ya know?

Focus on YOUR deck (hypothetically, I know you don't want a deck lol) ... feel GOOD about what you are doing for the deck. You already know about the other trees that people are using, don't feel badly about the trees -- I mean, feel badly if you need to, but only feel badly ONCE.. acknowledge that you know you don't like that trees are cut down, acknowledge to yourself that you plan to do in your power anything to save them -- then release it and live your life, LIVING in the way you feel that makes you feel good -- LIVING in the spirit of "I am happy I am saving trees!!" instead of living in the mindset of "I am so sad trees are being cut down, how can I fight against that" -- those are two very distinctly different ways of being...

Make any sense?

You aren't living in a vacuum but the choices of others are not your responsibility, your work, your mission, or your business really. That doesn't mean you can't work toward what you DO want and help the environment etc at the same time -- but like, giving a hummer driver a dirty look when they are filling up at the gas station (not suggesting you do that, just providing an example) isn't going to do a darn thing to change their view ---

HOWEVER... pulling up next to them in your tricked out biodiesel flashing them a smile from heaven above may make them think... hmm... what kind of car is that... she sure looks happy... I wonder if that is one of those biodiesel things...hmmm... I'll ask her about that.... etc

Know what I mean?

We are only the captains of our own ships. Live by example and the people who want to open their minds will seek your input. Living what you want to see (be the change you want to see in the world -- gandhi) is when people stand up and take notice.

peace to you!
:

I have a blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
My thing is this: part of the description by which I define myself is Environmentalist. I Care. And part of that is opting out of Consumerism and Being Happy with less. Having a small "footprint" and all. And I'm happy with this because it is my desire that all creatures live in harmony with one another. (Remember that bumper sticker that said, "Live Simply, that Others May Simply Live" - that was given to me as a gift, years ago.)
But I also accept that I am a physical being living in a material world. And there is a beautiful and sacred part of me that would just love to indulge in all things material ----- luxurious fabrics, delectable foods, toys, clothes, dishes, music cds, entertainment, cars, magazines, blankets, pillows, furniture, cozy house ----- where does the satisfaction really come from? I'd like to have it All. One part of me says, What could be more satisfying, even on a Spiritual level, than all things material in this material world? But of course, there is that other part of me that readily admits, true happiness comes from within, mainly originating from my deep love for people around me, but of course, that's also where I feel the deepest sadness at times. And material things can make me a little happy, too.

I'm just rambling, now. Ahhh, well.....
I wanted to reply to this earler. You're not rambling. This is the contrast. I feel this way too and I'm listening to How To Know God by Depak Chopra and it's blowing my mind.

He speaks of this very thing. In one part he asks why can't we picture a saint (or spiritually enlightened person) driving a Mercedes? (something like that) and it made me

Well, why not? There really is no *good* or *bad* about it. We like to place judgments on things so Spiritually speaking, if you do indulge in the material things, it does not make you less enlightened at all - - it's only the one's *perception* of things that make things good or bad.

Funny how we all DO think this though don't we? I mean, I'm having trouble picturing someone *good* w/a chauffeur and limo but really, why not? Just b/c Mother Teresa slept in the streets does not mean that's what *caused* her Spirit to shine yk?

Okay, now I'm rambling.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
And I'm thrilled with my new deck, but I still CARE about those trees.

SO. Is it my fault that more ancient tree habitat is being lost all the time?
it seems that you believe that there is guilt to be placed somewhere, and you are just trying to figure out where it goes. I no longer see it that way.

I think that if you are *for* trees, then you should spend your time and energy being *for* trees. Help with a trail clean up day, join an environmental club, etc. Spending time around people taking positive action.

There are so many cool things going on, and you can choose to be a part of them. If you focus on the good things that people do for the environment, then you will attract more good things for the environment and more people who care about it into your life.

On the other hand, if you are focused on people doing bad things to the environment, then you will attract more and more examples of people doing bad things to the environment, and you will have to process all that.

Quote:
And my neighbors actions are blessed by Goddess and irrelavent b/c he FEELS good about it?
I don't think that a diety sits around deciding which of our actions to bless and which ones not to bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
I have a theory, which maybe I already talked about: everyone always says how their grandparents ate meat, potatoes, fat, sugar, etc and lived to be a healthy old age -- I think it's because saying GRACE used to be more popular!
We've been going around the table and each saying something from our day that we are thankful for. It is very fun and launches nice, positive dinner conversation.

Quote:
What is the link between manifesting and morality? Where does my responsibility lie?
Everyone is manifesting all the time. All our thoughts become things. Our morality when manifesting is the same as it is the rest of time, because there is no "rest of the time."

Quote:
I want a redwood deck, I manifest a redwood deck, but I have simulateously manifested one less old growth tree in an ancient forest. Should I have made a better choice?
You should have researched it enough to make a decision that would make you happy. I'd go for one of the new longer lasting composites -- basically woods chips mixed with plastic -- because they don't require maintenance, last longer, and never rot, but different people want different things.

Quote:
What about the guy who wants a really fast car, but he needs a road to drive it on, and the road cuts off a migration corridor for wild animals....
last summer on vacation we saw a migration route for animals (elk??) that steered them to an underpass made especially for them, so they wouldn't have to cross the road. It was pretty cool.

Quote:
And there is a beautiful and sacred part of me that would just love to indulge in all things material ----- luxurious fabrics, delectable foods, toys, clothes, dishes, music cds, entertainment, cars, magazines, blankets, pillows, furniture, cozy house ----- where does the satisfaction really come from? I'd like to have it All.
I think that a lot of people feel that way to one degree or another, and because of it, more options are becoming available all the time. We test drove a SUV that runs on alternative fuel the other day.

I think that we came here to create, and that you are generating your vision for what you want to create. You want a beautiful, lush life, but in a sustainable, responsible way. I think both are possible.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 AM

Did Mother Theresa literally sleep in the streets?

A quote I like: One of Gandhi's funders said "You have no idea how much it takes to keep that man in poverty." In other words, Gandhi may have only owned one dhoti, a pair of wooden sandals, his glasses and a copy of the Gita. But somebody paid to keep the ashrams going, to provide him and his followers with transportation and sustenance whenever necessary, to print his newspapers, and probably many other things.

For environmentalism, it seems like we had the desire to live easy. Now that we've got that, we see the consequences for nature, and we have adapted our desire to living easy while in harmony with nature. The less resistant we are in every way, the more quickly and easily we'll fulfill our desire of living easy while in harmony with nature.

I see people believing that they're extra virtuous, extra eco-friendly because they disapprove of something that somebody else does. Think about it, how exactly does this benefit the planet? I mean if we're getting a kick out of being snarky--cause it can be fun--then by all means And it can be further contrast to refine our desire. But that's as far as it goes. (Not referring to anyone in this group.)
Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

I wish I would have thought of more things to say though. I know he was wanting to connect with home and I don't know if I did a good enough job.
I'll bet hearing your voice was everything to him. Of course he wanted more. More of the good stuff, more of your voice, more of home. But not because you didn't give him enough, but because he is there, without family, and he misses you all. to your brother, and to you!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
mamaautumn, yes, music in particular! Lately I've been realizing how depressing my choice in music used to be. I don't think that caused me to be depressed though, I think it was an outside manifestation of what was going on inside. Nowadays I just find myself not able to listen to my old favorites.

And books. Gawd, this sounds trite, but I want happy endings. I just can't stand reading lately and getting to the end and the main character is unhappy and miserable or whatever. I need books that leave me uplifted at the end, not vaguely sad and having an uncontrollable urge to shove sugar in my face
I feel so much the same way! When we moved into our new house I wanted CDs to listen to while I painted. I unpacked my purple CD case full of all of these CDs I - ones I've ha for awhile. And only one of them could have been considered happy - Jack Johnson. I lurve him! So I've been listening to him for days now while I paint - I know the full CD "On and On" by heart! I just need to get myself some Amy Steinberg CDs to listen to!

And oh yes, to the books. except...I WILL be reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in July!

I've mostly been reading nonfiction - LOA books lately, and some comedy.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 AM

Quote:

ETA: scratch that... I would love to be a beader but I am currently working on changing the fact that I tend to procrastinate and I wouldn't want the necklaces to be sitting, half done, three months from now with some very fed up mamas waiting ....
You mean UP TIL NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Uh Oh? All is well?

Pat
I wondered about this post, too. I didn't see it or anything, but Andrea, you are so welcome to join in! And like others have said, sometimes you must stomp your feet to be heard - this is such a fast moving thread, even when I think I've read everything I find there are posts I miss. We welcome your participation, Mama!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the vibes Oscar does indeed have a UTI which the vet says is the easiest thing to treat (as opposed to a stone or a kidney infection -

I was complaining to dh about this Saturday. Why is so much beautiful music sad? Most of the uplifting, happy music I listen to is upbeat and dancy which is great, I'm usually happy with that. But when I'm in the mood for slow and beautiful, I'm out of luck. All the slow, beautiful music I can think of off the top of my head is sad. Why can't there be slow, beautiful, happy music too?
My oldest male kitty is UTI prone, too. We feed him a special UTI food - Purina for Urinary tract health or something - and it works. Also I'm guessing a raw diet is a good thing, as well - he's never had UTIs when he's been hunting. The urinary tract health stuff is low ash - which is kind of freaky right there, right? Why does cat food have ash??? Also Palomei (our eldest male) cannot eat any sort of kitty treats - they seem to be loaded with stuff that gives him UTIs.

Jack Johnson is sort of slow and beautiful, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I love young adult fiction, and have found some wonderful books that way. I find the fantasy books seem to be what calls to me most. Have you read His Dark Materials by Philip Pulman? (I may have to come back and edit that author's name...)
Oh oh oh! Daniel Pinkwater!!! His books are fantastic and I'm sad that I never knew about them as a kid! All of his heroes and heroines are the geeky and/or fat kids (he's a large man himself) and they are all so funny! I love his books, and he is an incredibly prolific writer, too!

Um, can we have a LOA type book thread now, too? Because I want to keep track of all of the great suggestions that are being made here and I've already lost track!

Wait, I'll go start it....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...33#post7800433

Now my lovely Mama friends, please go and post your book suggestions there! Including the ones you've already posted here, because I'm having a difficult time keeping up and don't want to miss anything
Old 04-10-2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I once heard that your mind does NOT hear negatives. So, if you tell yourself, "I will not eat chocolate" your mind doesn't hear the NOT. I think this is pretty true, I also think that most of the things we say we won't do are things we have a hard time not doing.

Is this also true with LoA. Like, if you are trying to do an affirmation (which yes, be definition is positive right? : ) you would not want to have a negative?

So, here's my situation: we still have some Easter candy at home and I don't WANT TO EAT IT. I'm having a hard time thinking of a good affirmation. Right now I have: I make healthy eating choices each day. I choose to fill my body with nourishing foods.
absolutely fantastically true about the affirmations AND....

Eat the chocolate and savour it! Love it, feel it all full of love and nourishment, and just have fun eating the chocolate!

Here, eat it while you watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFjnit1wyus

Quote:
Originally Posted by abranger View Post
Can I join you guys? I was trying to read all of that main secret thread but It is too daunting.

I am manifesting this week:

I am so grateful that I will hear I got my dream job (which I interviewed for a week or so ago) before Saturday when I leave for vacation.

Amy
Yes please! Welcome, Amy!!! s:
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I love this, cracks me up:

Quote:
Lenedra Carrollhttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=c...e-20&l=ur2&o=1 wrote “The Universe Always Says Yes.” When you say, “I’m broke,” the Universe says, “Yes.” When you say, “I’m rich,” the Universe says yes. It’s impersonal. It’s just all yes.

I love the word yes. It sings. It allows. Start hearing yes more often. Start saying Yes to your life, even if you think you are the most messed up human on the planet. Laugh a little at all that drama. Start accepting and allowing your life���s flow. Say yes more often. Smile when you do it.
Because really, how can wealth and energy and flow find its way to you if you are constantly saying “no” and closing the doors to what is your life now?

http://christinekane.com/blog/don%e2...be-rich-quick/
I love this!!! Thank you, Amris

Quote:
You got it! There's no such thing as 'NO'. The universe just hears you putting your attention on it regardless of whether you're hoping to draw it in or push it away.

I think your affirmations are great! Now here's what I do... I let go of thinking chocolate is bad for me. I can eat anything I want. My body knows how to enjoy all foods. I am open to the good in anything and everything I eat. That makes me feel much better than trying to avoid something I want. And the more I allow myself to have whatever I want, the less of an issue I have with wanting 'too much' of something.

Oh! True story of a choco-holic! There was a time I would eat any kind of chocolate at all, even the crappiest stuff available. Since I started buying myself good chocolate, and eating it whenever I feel like having it - without guilt! - I no longer feel the need to wolf down the stuff I don't even like. I actually threw away two big bunnies that were brought into the house, because they just weren't good enough to eat. (This is huge for me!)
Yes! To all of this, yes! I can no longer abide by mhocolate, as I call it. Only the best - belgian or organic and dark....yummah!!!

I don't like that waxy stuff that passes for chocolate in the supermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
I hear you. I just thought of a good affirmation for myself.

"I trust that I will eat a balanced diet of nourishing food." That way I am giving myself the credit of knowing when enough is enough!
Yes!!! Fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post

My 7-year-old actually likes dark chocolate, so that doesn't work for me. But that's OK, I'd rather he eat dark chocolate anyway, so I don't mind sharing with him, even though I buy the good stuff.

But I usually don't have to worry about DH breaking into my organic dark chocolate stash, at least. He's perfectly happy with Hershey's.
Your poor poor DH And more for you - yay!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I am often dismayed at the messages books and videos portray. Ds loves Hop on Pop and they have a page where they say...are you glad, sad, mad....and for they mad they show a parent spanking achild and the child crying. Well, I always skipped that part and someone else must of read it to him b/c now when I try and pass it he says, "No mad and sad!" Great and then I try and tell him it hurts when you hit your friends!
What??? What version do you have of Hop on Pop? We have the original version and this is NOT in the book. I've NEVER seen any Dr. Seuss books depicting any sort of violence. I HAVE seen the board versions of the books having weird spins on the originals, but I've never seen this. And we read Hop on Pop regularly :

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
I offered
Oh!!! Look, we have a beader for our necklaces!!! Woot!!!

Quote:
Gee, I'm posting a lot today

I wanted new pots (I want to get rid of our non-stick) and dh and I went to two stores on Saturday trying to find some we liked (that weren't hundreds of dollars) with no luck. I think the universe knew that I would be more thrilled with used ones because that night my mom gave us an old stainless steel pot with lid she found in her house. The next day we went to the in-laws for Easter. MIL (who had told us she didn't have any old ones to give away) had two stainless steel pots in her basement AND a bunch of steel cooking utensils that she was giving away. Heh, it didn't occur to me til just now I manifested them, huh? But that's my point. If you feel strongly (as I do) about green issues there's no reason you have to give that up when you manifest
Yes! With one exception (my frying pan), all of my favourite pots are hand-me-downs from my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
I'm manifesting a new laptop. Quickly. I'm so happy and grateful that it's on it's way to me.

:
Ooh, oh! I'm manifesting a free flat-screen TV. I have no idea where it's coming from, but that's part of the excitement!

Quote:
One of my favourite Abraham quotes...

It's not what you eat, it's how you feel when you eat it.
It's not what you say, it's how you feel when you say it.
It's not what you do, it's how you feel when you do it.
It's how you feel. It's how you feel. It's only how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
And every time I spent money last week, I thought about who and what I was helping by spending my energy and spreading it around.
This is fantastic! I've been consistently tipping at least $5 every time we go out to eat, and it feels so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
One thing I've been wanting to manifest is to know my Spirit guide - who they are and to *see*them somehow.
I'd like to manifest this, too.:

Quote:
(I've had a recent experience connecting with my spirit guide... maybe I'll post about that in a wee bit.)
Please do!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
It's not a "fault" type thing. The thing is, you shouldn't even be thinking about your neighbor's deck I mean, that is really the crux of the issue. You can't change your neighbor. You can provide information (if they ask or seem receptive!), you can suggest alternatives (again if they seem willing or wanting to listen) -- you can mention why you are building an alternative deck -- but really, your neighbor's actions are something you can't and shouldn't be wanting to change... sure if you want to visualize them coming to a place of being more conscious, go for it, but even that is giving energy to where it really kind of doesn't belong ya know?

Focus on YOUR deck (hypothetically, I know you don't want a deck lol) ... feel GOOD about what you are doing for the deck. You already know about the other trees that people are using, don't feel badly about the trees -- I mean, feel badly if you need to, but only feel badly ONCE.. acknowledge that you know you don't like that trees are cut down, acknowledge to yourself that you plan to do in your power anything to save them -- then release it and live your life, LIVING in the way you feel that makes you feel good -- LIVING in the spirit of "I am happy I am saving trees!!" instead of living in the mindset of "I am so sad trees are being cut down, how can I fight against that" -- those are two very distinctly different ways of being...

Make any sense?

You aren't living in a vacuum but the choices of others are not your responsibility, your work, your mission, or your business really. That doesn't mean you can't work toward what you DO want and help the environment etc at the same time -- but like, giving a hummer driver a dirty look when they are filling up at the gas station (not suggesting you do that, just providing an example) isn't going to do a darn thing to change their view ---

HOWEVER... pulling up next to them in your tricked out biodiesel flashing them a smile from heaven above may make them think... hmm... what kind of car is that... she sure looks happy... I wonder if that is one of those biodiesel things...hmmm... I'll ask her about that.... etc

Know what I mean?

We are only the captains of our own ships. Live by example and the people who want to open their minds will seek your input. Living what you want to see (be the change you want to see in the world -- gandhi) is when people stand up and take notice.

peace to you!
This is just fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaautumn View Post
All I See is Part of Me by Chara Curtis. These are my favorite bedtime stories for the babe because I feel like I'm reading them to myself!
My Mom got this book for my son and I love it! I am excited to be able to read it to him when he's old enough to understand it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
We've been going around the table and each saying something from our day that we are thankful for. It is very fun and launches nice, positive dinner conversation..
I love this!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Anyway, you can read a bit about what we're doing here:

Full Circle Farm

I'm actually in the process of getting the website revamped (ideas welcome!) and was thinking of including a blog done by our new garden manager, who blogs his home gardening endeavors beautifully.

It's a nonprofit, educational organic farm that's going to be on 11 acres of school land in an urban, largely low-income district in the Bay Area. The land is basically donated to us by the District but the funds for getting started are up to, well... me.

I never, ever would have imagined something like this coming to me! It's both an incredible blessing, and more than a tiny bit stressful. I'm trying to keep enjoying it even though there are a lot of complicated steps to making it happen. I'm back to a place where I can TRUST that this will happen with ease. Of course the 100K doesn't hurt.
It's 10 minutes away from me. I work in Sunnyvale. Oh wow. I did not think things like that happened around here.

I would definately like to know more, visit. It is only for the Sunnyvale school district, right? We live in Milpitas...

I am rambling, but wow, this is so so great!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Apryl... PM MsChatsALot and let her know you want in on the bead exchange.

Megan... So glad you're still in for beading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
I'll bet hearing your voice was everything to him. Of course he wanted more. More of the good stuff, more of your voice, more of home. But not because you didn't give him enough, but because he is there, without family, and he misses you all. to your brother, and to you!
Oh, yes to that! Big hug for you and your brother, whimsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
A quote I like: One of Gandhi's funders said "You have no idea how much it takes to keep that man in poverty." In other words, Gandhi may have only owned one dhoti, a pair of wooden sandals, his glasses and a copy of the Gita. But somebody paid to keep the ashrams going, to provide him and his followers with transportation and sustenance whenever necessary, to print his newspapers, and probably many other things.
I LOVE this quote! It's an interested double message too... It can take a lot of energy to keep anyone (including yourself) in poverty. It is a much lighter, easier, more freeing feeling to accept abundance for ourselves, and for everyone!

Quote:
For environmentalism, it seems like we had the desire to live easy. Now that we've got that, we see the consequences for nature, and we have adapted our desire to living easy while in harmony with nature. The less resistant we are in every way, the more quickly and easily we'll fulfill our desire of living easy while in harmony with nature.
Love this too! This has been my personal journey for sure. Now I love thinking about all the ways I can experience abundance in harmony with nature. Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
What??? What version do you have of Hop on Pop? We have the original version and this is NOT in the book. I've NEVER seen any Dr. Seuss books depicting any sort of violence. I HAVE seen the board versions of the books having weird spins on the originals, but I've never seen this. And we read Hop on Pop regularly :
I do believe she's referring to 'One Fish, Two Fish', pages 3-4: "Some are sad, and some are glad and some are very, very bad. Why are they sad and glad and bad? I do not know, go as your Dad." There is a fish with an 'evil' twinkle in his eye, looking like he just back-ended another fish. HOWEVER... I never once considered this was a picture of a Dad hitting a kid. I always thought it was a bunch of fish playing/rough-housing together. Not such a fan of the 'bad' label here, but that's a small complaint and has never stopped us from reading this book. (One of our favourites!)

chasmyn... You've been such a prolific poster tonight - love it! I can totally feel you energy through your posts, and it feels goooooood!!

Tara CC... Loved your post in response to SuperMama. Actually, I've loved all the posts on that subject! Good stuff!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 04-10-2007, 08:17 AM

I realize my thoughts this week have nothing much to do with the beading being manifested... Still, this week is one of my most thoughtful weeks yet, lol.

I've spent the past several days trying to figure out "why" I have an issue with exchanging readings for money. I know it's a flow I'm stopping....which is annoying because it is a huge part of who I am and what I do. I realize that I accept flow and exchange in the way of reading for a reading, reading for bartered things, and occassionally, readings for money. I'm realizing that readings for the other things besides money, I don't think twice about the exchange. But with money...it's a strange dance...

I should simply say something like, "I willingly accept an exchange of positive energy in all my readings....and some of those exchanges are with money".

KoalaMama, you did alot for me last week simply asking for a read and exchanging for it. That was part of the start of my really thinking about it.

I'm getting there...because I really want to BE there. And I also realized that being around all of this positive will help me with this. How exciting!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

April... Glad my request helped get you thinking about your feelings here!

Can you come at this from the reverse for a minute? You say you barter for readings... Would you pay dollars for one? How would that feel for you? I find mirroring in this way often tells me a lot about how I might hold myself to a different standard, or what underlying things I might be holding onto about a particular subject.

Here's an idea for an exercise for you... Think about how many readings you'd like to do a day, or how your day will look like with this in it. When you have a picture of your goal, sit down and write it out as if it already happened. Be sure to use a lot of descriptive language, and include all your senses. I.e. write about the cup of tea you prepared before sitting down to your first reading of the day, how the cards felt in your hands, the sensations in your body as you were interpreting the energy, the joy you felt sharing the readings with your clients... and don't forget to talk about the money you received for the work!! (That's the key part here - don't leave it out. ) Then read that to yourself at least once a day (more often is even better!) for the next month. Watch how it transforms your views on this!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM

Does anybody know where Devon is? I'm sure she posted in last week's thread where she would be, but...I pretty much missed that entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Ok, I love that little guy so much I waved back.

Yes, I physically raised my arm and waved back to the little guy on my screen.

I think the antibiotics I'm taking are making me loopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post

Living Foods Family (check out mama's before/after!!!)
Hmm...I've never, ever considered this before, but her before/after made me actually think twice. I'll look up some more info tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
So, here's my situation: we still have some Easter candy at home and I don't WANT TO EAT IT. I'm having a hard time thinking of a good affirmation. Right now I have: I make healthy eating choices each day. I choose to fill my body with nourishing foods.
I'd say you have two options:
Eat the candy and feel guilty because it's bad for you. It will be bad for you.

or

Eat the candy and know that your body will take what it needs from it. And it will.

Either way, the Universe is taking cues from you. If you're in a "The candy is bad for me" mindset, the candy will be bad for you.

Quote:
\
Well, since LoA I have been letting myself have what I want and feel good about it. This has been an interesting experiment! I have eaten SO much candy in the last few weeks (I haven't eaten candy in YEARS!. besides a little dark choc.)
Same here! After watching The Secret, I decided any food would be just the right food for that moment. I literally ate ice cream for lunch every day for about 3 weeks. I actually lost weight and felt better about my body than I ever had.

One day I started feeling guilty and bad about the foods I was eating. What happened? Well, I gained a few pounds, had acne all of a sudden, felt bad about my body, and got back a lot of my health problems regarding food (such as gluten intolerance).

I need to get back in that "Food is good" mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
I have a theory, which maybe I already talked about: everyone always says how their grandparents ate meat, potatoes, fat, sugar, etc and lived to be a healthy old age -- I think it's because saying GRACE used to be more popular!
Very interesting. I agree with it.

Quote:
One of my favourite Abraham quotes...

It's not what you eat, it's how you feel when you eat it.
It's not what you say, it's how you feel when you say it.
It's not what you do, it's how you feel when you do it.
It's how you feel. It's how you feel. It's only how you feel.
Quoting this so I can find it later

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 AM

Who asked about slow happy music? Was it Shannon? I subscribe to a radio show, echoes.org, I listen to a lot of slow music that is pleasant and often uplifting. It's ambient music... I don't usually find it interesting enough to listen to over and over (although I must add that I'm in a less musical phase lately), so I like the radio show cause it's always something different... but there have been many albums I'd buy if I were more inclined to buy music generally.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:13 AM

<<<<<<Okay, this like, totally, totally made my morning!!!! And I laughed, laughed and laughed at it too... Picturing butterflies everywhere!!! lol

Whoever created it, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu bunches!!!!

KoalaMama, Thank you for the post! I wrote all of it down and will do the exercise and create a new understanding and outlook and flow!!!

I'm so excited about this!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I'm laughing about the "gardening shed".... I also agree with this second piece of advice - I need to accept that people are going to make plenty of decisions I don't agree with. And still be happy for them. I'm coming around to that place. Its not SO farfetched....

I guess it is just a little alarming to me that people I know who are actively trying to "save the trees" may actually be adding to the problem! But if thats really what it takes to make the world go round, I'm okay with that.
Yes, they are adding to the problem. I would like to be sweet and nice and try to make you feel better. But that won't honestly help in the end, will it?

If you are fretting about something, you are giving energy and power to that something. It really IS that simple.

If you fret about someone else not being environmentally friendly, you will add to the community energy that says people are not environmentally friendly/aware.

There is no way to get around this. It simply IS. Your beliefs add to the energy of the world. Whether those beliefs say, "people are not environmentally aware" or whether they say, "people are becoming more and more environmentally aware all the time."

If you concern yourself with child abuse by dwelling on it, if you concern yourself with destructive environmental practices by dwelling on it, if you concern yourself with illness by dwelling on it.... you are participating in the creation of MORE OF THAT.

There isn't a way around it. This is why judgment is "bad," because it gives power and energy to the judged thing.

I was reading a thread where people were coming up with new and different labels for people... instead of men and women, we're now our gender orientation, instead. More and more boxes to cram people into. I gave it a LOT of energy until I realized I was doing so. It bugs me and makes me sad... so I decided to quit giving it energy. ESPECIALLY that MUCH powerful emotion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
it seems that you believe that there is guilt to be placed somewhere, and you are just trying to figure out where it goes. I no longer see it that way.

I think that if you are *for* trees, then you should spend your time and energy being *for* trees. Help with a trail clean up day, join an environmental club, etc. Spending time around people taking positive action.

There are so many cool things going on, and you can choose to be a part of them. If you focus on the good things that people do for the environment, then you will attract more good things for the environment and more people who care about it into your life.

On the other hand, if you are focused on people doing bad things to the environment, then you will attract more and more examples of people doing bad things to the environment, and you will have to process all that.
*nod*nod*

Quote:
I don't think that a diety sits around deciding which of our actions to bless and which ones not to bless.
I just posted a statement that I think applies here... God says Yes. That's all God says.

"People are destroying our planet!" Yes.
"More and more people every day are learning how to be good stewards of the planet!" Yes.

Pick your "Yes."
Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM

memiles thank you so much for offering to do the beading!

about Spirit guides--Sonia Choquette (I know, I talk about her ALL the time ) has a book called Ask Your Guides. she also has an oracle deck about spirit quides as well. look on hay house or amazon

AprilDaisy I had the same issues with believing i deserved money for my midwifery practice. I loved bartering, but i always felt weird and uncomfortable taking money. and i attracted more than an average amount of clients who paid late, didn't pay in full, etc.

I ended up taking a break from practice to go back to school about 18 months ago, and i have never really resolved the issue. I know for me part of it was the thing Deepak Chopra talked abot--having trouble picturing a saint in a mercedes. NOT that i thought I was a saint but just that I believed my work as a midwife was spiritual work, and I couldn't at that time get that in sync with the money part. maybe we can work on this together
Old 04-10-2007, 10:16 AM

Irina, (everybody wave, )

Delighted to see you here!

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM

Amris, I see that you have been exalted to "Senior Member".

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 AM

Hi all-

I'm back again. I lurk here and pop in every once in a while.
I really need your help coming up with affirmations.
We are having financial problems. I did manifest a part-time job for me which I should start soon, but...Please see this thread here http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=651996

I know in my heart that things will work out the way they are supposed to - eventually, but I need to get out of the negative thought patterns here. I know I can't control with this guy does or doesn't do but how can I get things moving in the right direction?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 AM

Manifesting a World FULL of Butterflies!

I love this!!

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
memiles thank you so much for offering to do the beading!
Yes! I am excited. Thank you so much for offering!

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:24 AM

This note from the Universe made my day! I will have to forward it to dh--I doubt he will appreciate the encouragement to buy the shoes though--shoes and me are like this already

>>Fascinating, isn't it, Carrie, how there are those who decide upon living in abundance... and the next thing you know, they're swimming in it.

There are those who think about being more creatively fulfilled, and as if by magic, all the right steps, connections, and inspirations present themselves.

And then there are those who simply want more friends, laughter, and song, and their life becomes a celebration.

Mind you, I didn't say everyone. Some want these things, they even want them real "bad," but they simply don't put themselves within my reach by physically preparing the way, acting "as if," or "buying the shoes."

Buy the shoes, Carrie
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Amris, great post!!

April, love the new tag! What a wonderful thing to be manifesting.

To the idea of picturing a saint driving a mercedes... I have no problem with that! Actually, I'm picturing the most spiritual man I feel a connection with at the moment, which is Rev. Michael Beckwith. I imagine he drives a nice car, lives in a nice home, dresses in quality clothing... Yep, no problem seeing spiritual people wealthy in all areas of life.

Melanie
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie! I loved today's TUT message too! They're all so great. I love Mike Dooley!!

Melanie
Old 04-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Amris, you're right about what we think of and put our thoughts on...we essentially "live in that world". Alot of people think they live in "circumstances"...they don't....they live in "their words"....

User Tag List