April 15-21 Manifesting Mamas - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my! The broccoli post is toooo funny!

Good morning, all! No time for much else right now, but love to you all!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#362 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 AM

Morning....back after more coffee.
#363 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:07 AM

I am so excited to treasure map today!

I am so excited to see where the Universe guides me this morning when I go decide what to use on my map.

The kids and I are doing a quick refresh on our decluttering before we bring our supplies home. No more computer for me until later!
#364 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Why do I hesitate? When the Love Yourself Game happened, I thought I was going to play, but I forgot to - really just didn't make the time, and it completely slipped my mind when I wasn't reading about it.

When the game about think of crazy ways that money could come, I thought, what fun! And then didn't do it.

The manifesting game, of little silly things - so fun to read about everyone doing it, but I didn't do it myself.

I WANT to use specific affirmations for things I want, and I don't. Why? Why don't I just do it - why is there a 'block' there?
There are so many ideas and games on this thread and I just pick and choose the ones I can do right now. Why don't you just pick one, RIGHT NOW!, and do it. Just one. Pick the one that you think would be the quickest and easiest. May be even get started on it while you have this thread open.

Quote:
In this packet she gave us is a coupon for a free month at Curves! Just what I wanted. Yet I haven't gone - haven't even thought of it (until now).
It sounds like you have so much going on that you haven't, up til now, had time to enjoy all the great things that you are manifesting! Rather than getting down on yourself, you could choose to find it funny that you are manifesting things faster than you can enjoy them and trust that you will be enjoying your free month at curves soon.

Quote:
I want to manifest a body I love, and love myself as I am ... I look in the mirror and all I can see is the stomach that sticks out and the rolls.
There is a whole thread in personal growth on Manifesting Love for My Body. Start by loving the things about yourself that are easy to love -- do you have pretty eyes? great hair? an amazing smile? Be grateful for all the things about your body that work well -- your ears, your heart, etc. Love all the internal things about yourself -- your sense of humor, your kindness, your strength, etc. Eventually, you will love your hips and thighs but those are not the easiest things to start with so start with the easy stuff!

For me, manifesting love for me body and manifesting slender, healthy body were not over night manifestations. So far, I've manifested love for my body, manifested exercises that I really enjoy, manifested an eating plan that leaves me satisfied and energetic, and manifested it being fun to shop for clothes. And I've lost 20 pounds! I have about 50 to go, and the weight is dropping off quickly.

Quote:
I'm really missing the friends we made in WA and am wondering if we made the right choice, too.
well, you just made a list of what isn't good about the move, so now you wil be attracting more of what isn't good. I think that it might be a good idea to make a list of what is good about the move so you can start attracting more of it!

Quote:
We had free long distance in Wa via VOIP, so I could call my family and friends in St. Louis, as well - anytime I wanted. Here because of the way the internet is shared between the community, VOIP is completely unstable so we have a land line and have to actually *pay* for our long distance.
Manifest and then shop around for a good long distance plan or calling card. Until you find it, stay optimist that you WILL find it and therefore you will soon be more connected.

You could make a list of the things that you want to manifest and then hang it up where you will see it often (taped to the mirror in the bathroom or on the frig are good places for me!). Write a nice affirmation on the bottom of the list and you then you'll be set!

Here is my favorite affirmation:

All is well. Everything is working together for our highest good. Out of the situation only good will come. We are safe.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#365 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 AM

p.s. it'sfreeconedayatbenandjerry's
#366 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 AM

My bird, Kadeigh, isn't doing well. I just held her for 45 minutes, when I first got her out of her cage she couldn't lift her head or anything. She just lay snuggled between my breasts with my hands on her, breathing. I talked to her and really focused on healing her (in my own way.. I've never been trained, but I've always done energy work.. maybe that sounds silly.) Now she seems a bit better, she can stand and walk around, and she ate some. I was holding her giving her white healing light, and manifesting her living for another 30 years (birds live a ling time!)

I had just moved her to my side of the house, and we're thinking the air over here isn't good for her, so I moved her back where she was, and I think that helped too.

Can any of you send healing thoughts to her? I've had her since I was 16, and her unconditional love has gotten me though many rough spots. I know she's a bird, but to me she's a part of our family.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#367 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Big to Kadeigh!!
#368 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
This broccoli guy needs more room for the top of his head. It's cut off at the top.

He needs to release some limiting beliefs that are manifesting a lack of space to fully embrace his awareness of the glorious nature of his abundantly fluffy green crown.

But he is embracing joy, so his future looks bright. He just needs to do a few affirmations.

:
Thanks for the morning laugh! Great way to wake up!
#369 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM

AHEM! AHEM!! Did no one notice I said I have PINKEYE?? A little SYMPATHY, perhaps????Geez. Meanwhile, I figured out how I manifested it... I have dentist appt at 1 pm today that I was going to cancel, though my dds is hard to get into and I've been working on this sppt since August, but I am taking the next two days off for AC so I didn't want to take half a sick day.

Well thanks, Universe, now I can go to the dentist. Don't mind the crusty eye at all! : Though I guess this is about the BEST illness I could have -- definitely gets me a sick day because it's way contagious, but doesn't lay me up or make me TOO uncomfortable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
The one I refer to constantly is Julia Lawless's "Complete Illustrated Guide to Aromatherapy." It's mainly devoted to oils for specific complaints, which is quite handy, but I refer just as much to the slim profiles of individual EOs in the back, especially the "key qualities". It doesn't list many blends but from that book I've gotten a good sense of how to pick EOs to make my own blends. Her "Encyclopedia of Essential Oils" (not illustrated) is pretty much the same but organized differently & with some extra information.
Oh, I am going to get this! I would love to learn more about EO's!! Where do you get the oils from?

I met a great lady at the Ferry Farmer's Market in SF last year ( that city!) who made her own organic fresh EO's... I got one to do aromatherapy with my kiddos! Douglas fir, but I forget why I picked it.

Quote:
Why do I hesitate? When the Love Yourself Game happened, I thought I was going to play, but I forgot to - really just didn't make the time, and it completely slipped my mind when I wasn't reading about it.

When the game about think of crazy ways that money could come, I thought, what fun! And then didn't do it.

The manifesting game, of little silly things - so fun to read about everyone doing it, but I didn't do it myself.

I WANT to use specific affirmations for things I want, and I don't. Why? Why don't I just do it - why is there a 'block' there?

[snip] I'm really not depressed or anything, but I feel like I am suppressing something, not addressing something, I just don't know what it is.
I know, I do the same things... I always have great intentions, and I know if I keep up with my LOA work (even just with this thread!) I do so much better, but then I don't do it.

For me I think it's just inertia... actually making the time and focusing on doing it, then it feels good so I do more, then I slack off again.

Ironically, I think affirmations and intentions help with this! Can you make time in the day just to be by yourself (like a half hour?) and see what happens? That's what's been helping me.

Quote:
Good MOOOOOORNING
TREASURE MAPPERS!

Today is the day!

: : :
Yee ha!! I got my supplies ready and my two best friends and sister are coming over tonight to Map!!

Quote:
This broccoli guy needs more room for the top of his head. It's cut off at the top.

He needs to release some limiting beliefs that are manifesting a lack of space to fully embrace his awareness of the glorious nature of his abundantly fluffy green crown.

But he is embracing joy, so his future looks bright. He just needs to do a few affirmations.

:
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Hey Mamas, during this time of giving energy to our intentions, I am nurturing Connection and Joy with dh and ds and will be off-line much until after the full moon. I believe that is about May 1st.

Love to all. All is well. Everything is unfolding for our highest good. We are safe.

Pat
We'll miss you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post

I am laughing because I was going to give Devon an "I'm awesome" ddddc when i got back from yoga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydee View Post
My bird, Kadeigh, isn't doing well. I just held her for 45 minutes, when I first got her out of her cage she couldn't lift her head or anything. She just lay snuggled between my breasts with my hands on her, breathing. I talked to her and really focused on healing her (in my own way.. I've never been trained, but I've always done energy work.. maybe that sounds silly.) Now she seems a bit better, she can stand and walk around, and she ate some. I was holding her giving her white healing light, and manifesting her living for another 30 years (birds live a ling time!)

I had just moved her to my side of the house, and we're thinking the air over here isn't good for her, so I moved her back where she was, and I think that helped too.

Can any of you send healing thoughts to her? I've had her since I was 16, and her unconditional love has gotten me though many rough spots. I know she's a bird, but to me she's a part of our family.
for your birdie!!!
#370 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 AM

Sending love to Kadeigh.

Can you ladies help me with something?

My father is dying from cancer. He is alone in Tombstone AZ. He doesn't want to come home to OH, because this isn't home any more and he doesn't want to be a burden. We hadn't spoke in years over 5 and now I call him fairly regularly.

We are flying down there when our Fed. tax return comes in. I am manifesting a quick processing and deposit in our account.

I just talked to my dad's only sister today and she said he is really getting sicker quickly. We talked about finding respite care for him. I really think he would benifit from someone to visit him regularly and do shopping and take him to the doctor that sort of thing.

It is making me feel overwhelmed right now. Any thoughts, affirmations, guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#371 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
(ironic to use fruits and veggies to celebrate ice cream...) I don't know where there's a B&J near me! I'll have to check online.
#372 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Lightbulb moment!

I just noticed that gratitude is a contraction of grateful attitude.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#373 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:08 AM

Devon - I hope your eye is feeling better soon. I know how miserable that stuff can be. Hugs to you.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#374 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath View Post

My father is dying from cancer. He is alone in Tombstone AZ. He doesn't want to come home to OH, because this isn't home any more and he doesn't want to be a burden. We hadn't spoke in years over 5 and now I call him fairly regularly.

We are flying down there when our Fed. tax return comes in. I am manifesting a quick processing and deposit in our account.

I just talked to my dad's only sister today and she said he is really getting sicker quickly. We talked about finding respite care for him. I really think he would benifit from someone to visit him regularly and do shopping and take him to the doctor that sort of thing.

It is making me feel overwhelmed right now. Any thoughts, affirmations, guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.
Sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy delivery on your taxes and peace for your dad
#375 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:13 AM

Good morning, Glorious Mamas!

I am off to present a poster for the research paper I did for my educational psychology class. I am nervous, but I always am before doing something public like this.

My poster presentation goes well. It is exciting, invigorating, and fulfilling.

My day is productive, focused, and fulfilling.

I am so excited to treasure map! Yeah!!

I'll be back to catch up later!

#376 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Sending love to Kadeigh.

Thanks.
and to you and kadeigh
#377 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Christi, you have so much going on. Perhaps you can come up with an affirmation that makes your entire life feel a little less chaotic?

"I am so happy and grateful that life is in divine order, and I am loved completely."

Perhaps sit down and take some time to be grateful for your father, and be grateful for your dear little bird, and for all the people in your life. Now is the time to be certain that you are diligent about doing a gratitude list EVERY DAY (several times a day if you're REALLY having a rough time).

Get yourself into that good place with some determined gratitude.

Devon, I look ahead freely because life is eternal and filled with joy.

Pat, did you do that Senior Member? LOL, I just now realized what you were talking about, and that was last week.
#378 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 AM

Ok, I have no interest in being on Oprah (less than none actually - the idea of being on stage like that is terrifying ) but last night I dreamed I met her on a train and I told her allllllll about all you guys so that she would get you on the show

Devon, uh, you might want to call the dentist and make sure he still wants you to come when you have pink eye : I hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
thank you!
Aw, that was really sweet

Quote:
Why do I hesitate? . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I'm really not depressed or anything, but I feel like I am suppressing something, not addressing something, I just don't know what it is.
I have no help because I'm wondering if we were seperated at birth I don't have a move (or anything major) as an excuse though. I don't know. I swear I have ADD. I just can't focus on something for too long. The other week I talked about deciding to say "thank you" every morning when I get up and it's about 50/50 whether I remember. Come on, how simple is that???

I'm trying to remember why the Flylady was able to get me to make my bed. Maybe we need some bossy lady to make us do our LOA homework

Quote:

:
: Thanks for that

Sweet healing vibes to Kadeigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath
My thoughts are with you and your dad
#379 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Pat, did you do that Senior Member? LOL, I just now realized what you were talking about, and that was last week.
You should BE a senior member... sometimes the code gets messed up. PM abimommy with your desired senior title and she will straighten it all out for you...
#380 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post

Devon, uh, you might want to call the dentist and make sure he still wants you to come when you have pink eye : I hope you feel better soon
I thought of that but it's not BAD pinkeye, you can't even notice it, and I set my alarm to go off every four hours all night to do my drops (anybody have a cranky baby they want to loan me for tonight? ) so I'm pretty safe now, plus they wear gloves and I wear glasses and why would they touch my eye?
#381 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 AM

good morning ladies! i haven't had a chance to get up with the thread, but i have a situation i was hoping to get some input on. i don't mean to dismiss any other important discussions going right now, i'll get caught up later.

here's the situation. Jasmine, 4 years old, is in JK at a downtown alternative school. for the last couple of months she has not been wanting to go to school. she says she doesn't want to go, she says she is sick or she has headache, or worse, she throws a huge temper tantrum on the way to school and we have to turn around and go home. intuitively, i feel she is bored with the routine at school and feels stifled by it. if it were up to me, i would take her out of school and homeschool her and re-evaluate school for september, but M is not in agreement with this. we talked about it this weekend, and decided to take Jasmine out of swimming class on mondays, making her school week 4 days. she has been afraid of the swimming pool for some time now, and last week started crying when the swim teacher was encouraging her to go to the deep end of the pool. she has told us she doesn't want to swim anymore, which is fine with us. i don't know for this for sure, but i have a feeling that with swimming out of the equation now, she will be happier in school the rest of the week. so M and i thought carefully about this decision, and i called the school yesterday to let them know. i was not impressed by the responses i got, but this doesn't surprise me considering i did have some doubts about our decision and was kind of expecting some contrast from the school, which is exactly what happened. i wasn't however expecting judgemental responses on our parenting decisions. i called the school secretary and her response was "are you sure you want to do this? i mean swimming is a good skill to have and i remember when my kids were young waiting outside the community centre for hours for free swimming lessons. i'm just concerned that by succumbing to Jasmine's fears, that this is not good for her. and it's depriving her of an opportunity to learn a valuable skill." i was mad, and there was a few seconds of uncomfortable silence. then i said, "i hardly think she is deprived of anything, she swims in the pacific ocean every winter since she was a baby". i then went on to say in a very kind way that i was appreciative of her concerns for my daughter, but took all those things into consideration and we made the best decision for our child. she did apologize for her comments which i appreciated. later that day, i called the teacher to discuss it. her response was "well, i'm concerned that by taking her out of swimming, you're setting a precedent that let's Jasmine know that she can do whatever she wants, so next time she doesn't feel like doing something, she is going to think it's ok for her to not do it. i'm saying this to you because i know you and your husband are intelligent people." i had to kind of take a few deep breaths, her tone sounded condescending to me, and i didn't want to get mad. and luckily, she had to end the call and said she would call me later in the evening. so continuing from our earlier conversation i said "well, yes we are setting a precedent that lets Jasmine know that her feelings are more important to us than forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do because other people expect it of her so they can feel good. i wish someone would have taught me that in kindergarden. " she didn't say anything and then abruptly ended the phone call.

so today, i am getting some anxiety about going to school today, not only because of what happened yesterday, but because i am going to tell them that Jasmine will not be in school next week because we are going up north for a cultural healing ceremony for my family to honour the deaths of my grandmother and my uncle this past winter. M and i talked about it this morning and i found myself getting myself more upset. he said he is sure that they (the school) have good intentions, and there is nothing to get so upset about. i know he is right, but this makes me more mad. i really don't want to go to school today feeling this way, and i really do want to believe that their concerns are in the best interest of my child. right now, i'm really feeling disappointed with the school and i am wondering what is so alternative about this school. they don't really seem to be all that flexible and i'm hearing some things of similar situations from other parents. the best feeling thought i can reach for right now is "well, this is giving me an opportunity to assert myself, and to believe in our decision". i get slight relief when i think about this. and i'm trying to tell myself that i don't need the school's approval so that i can feel good. Jasmine is relieved that she doesn't have to go swimming anymore, so this affirms to me that we made the right decision.

i know, it's pretty obvious that my own inner conflicts attracted this situation, but i really want to turn this around before it gets any bigger. any suggestions, and do you think i over-reacted?

TIA
#382 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I
Me too - exactly!!!

Okay, Mamas, here I am asking for help again.

It's not that I don't manifest - I do. It's just that...sometimes I'm almost not present to it. Is it this move? Is it my stress level? Depleted adrenals? Why such inertia?

For example, I wanted a free month at Curves so I could see if it was for me. When we moved in here, there is a program called the Welcome Wagon in which a woman comes with all sorts of coupons from different area businesses, and also she gives all sorts of information on where things are like the local hospital and clinics and other needs. In this packet she gave us is a coupon for a free month at Curves! Just what I wanted. Yet I haven't gone - haven't even thought of it (until now).

I want to manifest a body I love, and love myself as I am - yet I keep eating chocolate and potato chips - not that I think I think these are my downfall - it's just that I know these to be foods that aren't the best foods for me - my blood sugar goes up quickly and crashes quickly on such foods. Everything else I eat is entirely healthy - lots of veggies and protein that supports me (I eat a dairy and mostly grain-free diet). Just these two foods. And I want the body I love, right? But I do NOT love the body. I look in the mirror and all I can see is the stomach that sticks out and the rolls...:

I think I am stress eating, too - so many worries about $$$ and about getting things done before DH returns to work - he has an interview tomorrow and another on Wednesday, and I know the job is coming.

I'm really missing the friends we made in WA and am wondering if we made the right choice, too. We had free long distance in Wa via VOIP, so I could call my family and friends in St. Louis, as well - anytime I wanted. Here because of the way the internet is shared between the community, VOIP is completely unstable so we have a land line and have to actually *pay* for our long distance. Because of this, I make many less calls and thus I feel less connected to everyone. I'm really feeling the distance of being in another country, as well - even though we have this great cohousing community around us, people lead busy lives and it can be hard to truly connect with folks on a deep level - more than just small talk as we pass each other in the atriums or the common house.

I did sage my house today, and I am so ready for Treasure Mapping tomorrow! I feel like I'm an emotional roller coaster, and I've been kind of insane today with that. :

I'm really not depressed or anything, but I feel like I am suppressing something, not addressing something, I just don't know what it is.

You know, many people have this problem when moving from winter to spring. Leftover Kapha (ayurevedic dosha) that was necessary for winter & needs to be cleaned out for spring....since this is slightly OT - feel free to PM me if you want.

I have to say though...you are moving in the right direction. I believe you need a very small shift in how you are fullfilling your cravings to clean out the gunk & really shine
#383 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Happy Treasure Mapping!

I am going to get supplies today and tomorrow night we invited a friend over to make them with dh and me.

Quote:

Not warped, just "that thing we do", so many of us do it. We don;t mean to, and there it is. Thank you so much for sharing this story, it is so beautiful and really touched me. I know that next time I catch myself doing this I will be saying, "I'm sorry. I love you. Please forgive me."
Thank you so much. You know I became all self-conscious writing this b/c I felt like I didn't want people to know that I hurt people like that sometimes. I was pretty judgmental on myself and it felt really good to have you normalize and remind me that those actions don't make me a bad or ugly person........I love you! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
Woooo-hoooooo!

Quote:
Sending love to Kadeigh.

Thanks.

Quote:
Lightbulb moment!

I just noticed that gratitude is a contraction of grateful attitude.

Also, Devon I know that pink eye is clearing out your eyes and they will be even healthier afterwards! If you were nursing I would say squirt some bm in your eyes...great gentle remedy that works great and quickly!

Speaking of bm...totally had the weddinf experience! Ds was a year and I was looking super fab in this strapless dress, drinking wine and dancing the night away until midnight when I went into the bathroom and had the most UNGLAMOROUS experience relieving myself into the toilet of a public restroom b/c I was about to explode! I walked out of the br and found my sil (who was also nursing) and said, "You will NEVER believe what I was just doing!"
#384 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraboosMama View Post
You know, many people have this problem when moving from winter to spring. Leftover Kapha (ayurevedic dosha) that was necessary for winter & needs to be cleaned out for spring....since this is slightly OT - feel free to PM me if you want.

I have to say though...you are moving in the right direction. I believe you need a very small shift in how you are fullfilling your cravings to clean out the gunk & really shine
I'd like to hear more about this, Kate, if you have time to share.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#385 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM

You did fine, Billie-Jo.

Listen, you might want to take up a mantra right now about it: "I am so happy and grateful that life is in perfect harmony. I am so happy and grateful that Jasmine's needs are met perfectly. Thank you, Spirit, for the loving reminder to keep my thoughts in order."
#386 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
I'd like to hear more about this, Kate, if you have time to share.
Yes, please share this in the thread, I am interested as well.
#387 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm going to describe this in very broad strokes - a real ayurvedic profile/diagnosis is much more detailed...AND having said that, I would also say that in Winter in colder climates, many people hang on to extra weight, feel heavier/more sluggish than usual, slower motivation than usual - these are things that are characterisitc of a Kapha imbalance.

The 3 Ayurvedic Doshas are Kapha (water/cold/energy)Pitta (fire/energy) Vata (wind/energy) - everyone has one (sometimes 2) that make up their general constitution. Sometimes life gets out of balance and you will have a "flare up" or imbalance in your constitution - i.e. Pitta person in the summertime after a long day of work will feel overheated, itchy, irritable - need cooling.

Ayurvedic medicine (Like most non-western medicines) deals with the whole person and trusts the body's wisdom to heal itself. The body is constantly trying to heal itself and come into balance. If you eat a huge steak dinner, (which is a very heating) you will probably want something chocolatey and gooey or cold afterwards (which is both bitter, sweet and cooling) to bring you back into balance.

Bakc to the whole Kapha/winter issue...It is a natural and good thing to move slower and hold onto a little extra weight in the winter. It is a natural response to cold. If we ate mostly whole foods and dealt w/ sweet cravings eating whole foods with a sweet nature instead of cookies, etc. The winter weight would come off naturally with all the fresh fruits & veg of spring & the natural inclination to be outside & move more. BUT western culture doesn't always work out that way.

ok - part one - kids need stuff - will add more later
#388 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 PM

Morning all of you fab mamas!!

Just popping in to send love to y'all!
#389 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I'm trying to remember why the Flylady was able to get me to make my bed. Maybe we need some bossy lady to make us do our LOA homework
She was so darn nice about it, and only told you to do one thing at a time, and yet told you that doing this one thing would really would change your whole life.

So here is your little thing -- go look in a mirror and say, "I love you, I really love you." It will only take a minute and it will change your life!

Linda
(who is wearing shoes and drinking water even as she types, all because of Flylady!)

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#390 of 823 Old 04-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
You did fine, Billie-Jo.

Listen, you might want to take up a mantra right now about it: "I am so happy and grateful that life is in perfect harmony. I am so happy and grateful that Jasmine's needs are met perfectly. Thank you, Spirit, for the loving reminder to keep my thoughts in order."
thanks Amris, i appreciate that.

i wrote down your mantra. reading it was enough to get me pointed downstream again. after i read it, it lead me to the thought/feeling that "i'm grateful that my daughter goes to a school where the staff and teachers genuinely care about the well-being of my child, even if we are in disagreement about it." i'm going to work at letting go of that last part of the sentence, but right now, it is a better feeling thought for me.

thanks again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page