Pat

I have a blog.
#122 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Click the little blue arrow next to your name in the above quote. It takes you back to your OP that I quoted.

Ta-da. Manifested.

Pat
wow. you just changed my experience in this thread forever! it seems much easier to follow , now! Thanks!

Quote:
stirringleaf, I like your sig line.

Pat
yes.

(just making a conscious shift. did you see my location changed, too. )
#123 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
wow. you just changed my experience in this thread forever! it seems much easier to follow , now! Thanks!
It is like magic, isn't it? A post has so much more context now!! That is why starting at the end of the thread makes it easier to catch up. (don't tell anyone that I do this though.

Quote:
yes.

(just making a conscious shift. did you see my location changed, too. )
I LOVE IT!! (see we can share the Rays. )

Pat

I have a blog.
#124 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post

Nature--WELCOME BACK!!! Looks like you're manifesting up a storm!! WHOO-HOO!
Thank you! I'm really loving these weekly threads and have been gaining so much inspiration from everyone.

For me my thinking is no longer, "I could do XYZ" or "Someday I will do XYZ" with that wistful look in my eye... its now "I am doing it! I am living it! And I'm enjoying it!"

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#125 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlin View Post
This week I would like to manifest a buyer for our house.
I'm manifesting a buyer for our house too! Anybody have any fun ideas for manifesting a buyer for a house? I've been imagining a some one walking in and realizing the that house is just perfect for them, and I've been sending the house love, and being grateful for the time that we had in the house.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
I broke my agreement with myself with posting something about my marriage, I rarely do that in life or online, especially online -- because a benign issue tends to get blown up into a huge crisis (not suggesting you did that, you totally didn't!!)
I know what you mean, but have to offer an affirmation that I really enjoy and works miracles:
I love my Dh and I'm so glad that I married him. This results in my DH doing things that make me glad that I married him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Might work, actually, because I can remember when it was smaller and firmer, and I was longing to get pregnant... so soft and flabby is a victory of sorts, no? And I like that I don't have stretch marks. The scar.... well, I like being alive, and having ds, so yeah. Maybe I should write VICTORY! across my belly.
This is so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. I'm not sure that VICTORY is quite the right word for me (I got pregnant really easily both times), but you do have me thinking about the right word for soft, scared belly is. May be LOVE? Earth Mother? I don't know, I want something that describes the whole miracle of being part of the continuation of life.

My DH said the sweetest thing to me one day. It was after the birth of our second DD and I was looking at myself naked in the mirror, very unhappy about by 2 c-sections scars, and feeling very down about my entire body. I asked him how he could ever find me attractive again. He said that when he looked at, he thought I was beautiful because the marks and scars were part of bringing our beautiful babies into the world, and that he was amazed and awed at what my body could do. He told me how much he loved our children, and that he loved me even more for giving them to him.
I love my Dh and I'm so glad that I married him. Oh, and he just brought me some hummus and pita bread! What a sweetie!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#126 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Thank you! I'm really loving these weekly threads and have been gaining so much inspiration from everyone.

For me my thinking is no longer, "I could do XYZ" or "Someday I will do XYZ" with that wistful look in my eye... its now "I am doing it! I am living it! And I'm enjoying it!"
I think you manifested me to this thread.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#127 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydee View Post
: I have been thinking about you a lot lately!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#128 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Annalily - Thinking of you and especially of your Aunt's children. and healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post

How did everyone do with the self-appreciation last week?
D'oh! I totally forgot to do it! I AM doing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
(oh, and slender people eat cookies and ice cream too You don't have to give them up!)
See, that was my immediate response as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaautumn View Post

Hooray for butterfly magic!!

(we need a butterfly smilie of some kind, huh?)
Fantastic! And yes, we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
This week, I am continuing to manifest myself to the top of the waiting list for our new place.
Way to manifest, Nature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
By the way, folks, I wanted to share a success with you. I've taken up oil pulling, and it has really been a huge help for me.\
Thi is a fantastic resource, Amris - thanks so much for posting it! I'm going to try this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
It's funny, last night I wanted SO BADLY to go to the store. But Kira just wouldn't go to sleep, wouldn't go to sleep. It was like she KNEW I was trying to "escape" and was waiting for the store to close.
Oh, she knew. They ALWAYS know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
So the birthday party is postponed till next weekend, because it's snowing like crazy at their house and the roads are terrible, and not only ds but another guest is sick today, too. Reportedly the birthday girl is unphased by this and is happily racing around the house with 36 balloons to herself!

I remember being little and liking hugging some ladies because they were so big and soft... my mom is, too.
Children are our teachers. Always.

Quote:
FYI: All three parts of the interview are now available here:

http://www.attractionhacker.com/2007/04/esther-hicks-abraham-oprah-xm-roundup.ht\
ml

Pat
I was coming to post this! By the time I finished reading the thread, though, here it was! :
#129 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

Well, we had a fantastic day!! I decided when I got off here to manifest a wonderful day and stop acting like a martyr -- we decided to go to my mom's house so my mom could watch dd while we hung out/went out and we had an absolutely fantastic day!! We were playing this game where we listen to the radio and I flick it and say things like "okay the next song we hear that we recognize is a message for our ______" and either he or I will say something like a message for our marriage, for our dd, for our finances, whatever -- sometimes it is hilarious!!! but many times it is right on...

Today was a BIG one though!! KATE AND PAT ARE YOU READING...

So driving there dh says to me (while playing this game) -- Look -- there is a vw bug (which we love) from North Carolina, it is a sign!! He was half joking but also serious --- and I said "okay, the next recognizable song on the radio will be a message about moving" ...

Okay, the FIRST station I turn to... guess what is on... guess.. it is TOO FREAKING AWESOME....

Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor.. it was just too crazy I'm telling you -- some lyrics:

Quote:
In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina
Can't you see the sunshine
Can't you just feel the moonshine
Maybe just like a friend of mine
It hit me from behind
Yes I'm goin' to Carolina in my mind
So first we were silent for a second like *WOW*.. then we started laughing... like really hard belly laughing, it was so awesome and cool!

It set the tone for the whole day and we had a blast -- I don't know why I don't take advantage of my mom's willingness to watch dd more often -- she loves her and dd LOVES my mom and my mom is really respectful of our beliefs (even if she may not agree with some of our parenting ideas, she respects them in action) -- because part of the time we didn't even go out, we just hung out in the guest room while dd hung out with my mom, and spent some great time alone!

Linda, great dh you have!! Mine is pretty great too, but we all have our moments eh... I love your affirmation -- that, and sad as it is, one trip to parents as partners : reminds me just how wonderful of a marriage we have...

I just couldn't believe it about today -- that is why I am so down with God because He does always say "yes" -- like when I was in a negative space ..yes, things will be a downer for you... when I reached out and said "I am choosing to turn this around, can you help me create a super day with some cool ~~magical~~ signs?" He was like.... yes.

Yay, I am so happy I have learned this tool of being able to actively choose to change my headspace and emotions -- I spent a greater part of my early twenties in turmoil over not knowing and utilizing this tool...

I am going to be 30 next month and let me tell you women... I am SO excited... no "29 plus one year" or whatever for me... I LOVE IT... I think my thirties are going to be my BEST YEARS YET... only getting better, and better!!
#130 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 PM

CC- That IS so cool! And yes, 30s are AWESOME. Really, really great! I'm suspecting that 40s will be even better. So far 40 has been pretty good.
#131 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

STOPPPPPP!!!! I can't keep up!!!!!!!

I go out of town for the day and there are SEVEN pages?!?!

to those celebrating thigs!

Celeste. I'm so amazed at you, and at what I've been reading on here. I had NO idea you'd been in Brazil. Brazil is a place of great significance to me - I've been there a couple of times, including to play. I have to tel you that I somehow feel this real sense of connection between my pregnancy journey and yours. I knew it was you who was supposed to get my maternity clothes. You WILL get your baby!

I'm just zipping in to say hello. I got the last piece of music for the next concert (whihc i thought was going to be a relaxing one), and yes, another huge solo to practice! BUT I feel good about it because of how things went this week.

I'll tell you though, I had an interesting experience. On Friday and Saturday (before the concert) I listened to Michael Beckwith tlaking about being open to inspiration whe he speaks and about how that's like being a jazz musican. My best solos have always been when I've just let go like that, and on Saturday I decided, OK, just speak through me, and that's exactly what happened. Then on Saturday afer the concert I listened to Bill Harris ( and it's funny you were talking about that last night, because I ws thinking exactly someof the things that you guys were saying)! But then I got into this space of "I have to really practice, I can't just run on inspiration and hope for the best." So this morning I did all this careful practice, and the result was I was "trying" more and I felt much more nervous. I was assured I didn't sound it, and I know I played well, but I didn't feel as "saoring: as I did last night. So I wish I'd listened to Beckwith again instead!

I have mixed feelings, honestly. SOmeone said they could share BH with their dh because he would get it - I feel the same way. ANd there's part of ME too that needs the rational stuff, becasue I am a rational prson in many ways. But I also felt that he reduced it to the sum of the parts, and I think it's MORE than the sum of the parts.

I mean, the stuff about the RAS has been very interesting to me, becasue I do sort of feel that EVERYHTING'S out there, and when you manifest, say, a butterfly, or a duck, it may be that you're just lining yourself up to notice a butterfly or a duck that was there already.

And with regard to action, I know when I manifested my move to the US, I really, really took action. I practiced, I felw here to audition. But there was more to it than that. THere were those moments when I got a very specific direction - no, sit the other side of the cafeteria - which led a few minute later to an overheard conversation that set in motion the events that led to me being offered a scholarship i wasn't looking for and didn't know existed and hadn't said I wanted.

Same when i got pg - yeah, I took action. My determination impelled me to take action. I mean, I spent six hours at the fertility shelf at the bookstore (they brought me a chair to sit on!)and took Chinese herbs and did affirmations and acupuncture and inner work....but then the was the weird sequence of events that gave me the wrong phone number to call about the drugs so I couldn't get them before the July 4th holiday and then my period came early so it was too late to start the drugs...and that was the month I got pg...on the 25th anniversary of my brother's death.

So I'm a little with myself that I got bogged down in Bill-Harris-think and I didn't quite "let go and let God" to quite the same extent today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
How do you heal yourself when your shoulder/neck muscles are tense and hard and hurting?

Louise Hay says something about not seeing someone else's side of things, being inflexible. That doesn't really speak to me (or maybe I'm not getting it.)

Someone else said something is a "pain in the neck." That doesnt' resonate either.

Could be some stress but I'm not sure how to deal.

Anyone else heal from this?
Could it be "carrying a heavy burden"? Or "having a lot of weight on our shoulders"?
#132 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

My DH said the sweetest thing to me one day. It was after the birth of our second DD and I was looking at myself naked in the mirror, very unhappy about by 2 c-sections scars, and feeling very down about my entire body. I asked him how he could ever find me attractive again. He said that when he looked at, he thought I was beautiful because the marks and scars were part of bringing our beautiful babies into the world, and that he was amazed and awed at what my body could do. He told me how much he loved our children, and that he loved me even more for giving them to him.
My DH has said something similiar to me. Of course, I brushed it off at the time, but now I choose to believe it and bask in it.
#133 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I'm very glad to see you here too.
#134 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
My DH has said something similiar to me. Of course, I brushed it off at the time, but now I choose to believe it and bask in it.
Same here. I am now open to receiving and embracing love. Always.
#135 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 PM

CC - That James Taylor thing is AWESOME! It's definitely a sign.

Linda and Whimsy -- what sweet hubbies you have! I am going to add that to my "Creation Box" of sweetness.

Meanwhile, did anyone watch The Office this week? (I heart Jim so so much). The part where they bet on Kelly talking about Netflix and Jim wins $5 because she said Awesome 12 times? It has been resonating in my head because I always say Awesome on this thread.

Please tell me I'm not a Kelly. : Cause it's such an AWESOME word!
#136 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I'm very glad to see you here too.
I feel so loved! Which is great, because I was just thinking "I am surrounded by love" as I drove home.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#137 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 PM

The Principles of "The Secret" Applied to Childbirth: http://www.birthsecret.com/

Pat

I have a blog.
#138 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I feel so loved! Which is great, because I was just thinking "I am surrounded by love" as I drove home.
Well, you've come to the right thread, my friend. This place is a big ole' love fest!!!
#139 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:

Today was a BIG one though!! KATE AND PAT ARE YOU READING...

So driving there dh says to me (while playing this game) -- Look -- there is a vw bug (which we love) from North Carolina, it is a sign!! He was half joking but also serious --- and I said "okay, the next recognizable song on the radio will be a message about moving" ...

Okay, the FIRST station I turn to... guess what is on... guess.. it is TOO FREAKING AWESOME....

Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor.. it was just too crazy I'm telling you -- some lyrics:

Like I told Kate, "Of course. I am a magnificent manifesting master!" :

Can't you just feel the sunshine. Just like a friend of mine. Coming to Carolina, in my mind.

Pat

I have a blog.
#140 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

It was just too cool, I am still buzzing about it -- because we only really listen to the radio when we are playing that game (otherwise it is CDs) and I like that song anyway even before all this Carolina manifesting but the fact that we ASKED for that... I had been feeling a bit rusty in my manifesting lately -- after also having a bit of a negative morning -- it is just evidence imo that when you CHOOSE to change your vibration, actively choose it and set the intention -- God (use entity of choice ) doesn't say "NOOOO, you were frustrated for a little while you can't be happy" --- it is like YES (like we were talking about earlier in the thread) *I want to give you what you want* and it turns around SO quickly when you manifest your vibration higher... It was too cool I'm tellin' ya...
#141 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
The Principles of "The Secret" Applied to Childbirth: http://www.birthsecret.com/

Pat
Wow. Just wow.

This is something that I've had in my mind for the last month or so. I'm ramping up to start teaching chilbirth classes, and my inner voice has been saying "no one is teaching these women about how the LoA shapes their birth experience".

A very wise doula once told me "a baby has the birth that she needs to have", so I've also been pondering on the fact that the energies of these babies are manifesting the way they come into the world.

I see it play out, birth after birth, how what the women think about while pregnant ends up playing out without fail. The client who says "I know I can take anything unless my labor ends up being really long"...........the one who says "my body is meant to do this, I'll just listen to my body"............the ones who say "I hope I don't go overdue, because my doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks"..............

I need to order new business cards. Should I change my title from birth doula to "Law of Attraction Birth Coach"?

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#142 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

Megan, I think the world needs you as a LOA doula!!!! I completely believe we create our birth experience -- well, I will say I KNOW I did --

I KNEW I would have a homebirth... no what if what if what if... I KNEW I would, and I had the most perfect homebirth ever -- 5 hour labor, 15 minutes pushing, no tearing (well a tiny perfect line no stitches, didn't even feel it) and it was awesome....

.... along those lines, I manifested my breastfeeding failure -- I was SOOOO desperate to breastfeed and SO wanting it HOWEVER... in that area I was all about "what if what if what if" all on kellymom reading ALL the problems you could have --- I thought I was doing a good thing because I thought I was preparing myself to succeed *in case* something happened -- nope... manifested it NOT being a success for us then I wondered why because I was so prepared on what could (and did) go wrong!!!...

Point is, right after that I REALLY got on board with LOA (not knowing the name of that) and I have manifested a wonderful mama experience (with a couple of bumps, no one is perfect!!)

.. and I really, really feel that you could take this to a whole new level with your clients because I do think we can create our birthing experiences --

ETA: looking back now, my midwife was SOOOOOOO LOA and I so attracted her to me (hired her at 38 weeks after firing my *med*wife) -- I was scared a bit because when I was at 42 weeks with nothing but I wanted a homebirth so.badly.it.wasn't.even.funny. and she looked right at me in the eye at our appointment and said "you WILL have the homebirth you are wanting, you WILL give birth to this child in your home, you are creating it" (or something very similar) and I had that mantra in my head and went into labor I think the next night!
#143 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM

CC - That so rocks!!! Definitely a sign!

Devon, you are not a Kelly - it never would have even occurred to me. And I HEART that show! I have Jim and Pam dreams! Sometimes *I* get to be Pam! Swoon.

I manifested my birth with Kiernen being perfect (to me). I said I'd have a 3 hour labor and I DID (3.5 hours from the first contraction to catching him in the labor tub), I said that I couldn't wait to breastfeed him, and I knew that it would go well, I was so excited about it - and he latched on like a champ! Still does

Funny, I hadn't thought about it until you said something, CC, but I really did manifest that!
#144 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Linda, great dh you have!! Mine is pretty great too, but we all have our moments eh... I love your affirmation
yes, we ALL of our moments (Why do you think I started doing that affirmation? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
The more I focus on the good things about my DH, the more good things there are to focus on. The strange part it, good things from our past just pop in my head now.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#145 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:

Pat
Pat, thanks for posting the link. while i was pregnant with my son, i read a lot about the Shanleys and i went through almost every UC birth story on their website.

my son ended up being born my emergency c-section, we planned a home birth attended by a midwife. i think i shared some of my story on one of these threads before. my birthing decisions were based in fear, and in the end, my biggest fear(c-section) is what came upon me. now 11 months later, i look at that experience as a huge spiritual breakthrough for myself and i'm grateful for it.

i'm so happy to see that they are taking "the secret" and applying it to childbirth. their workshop sounds very empowering and inspiring.
#146 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM

So we just had such a powerplay day! Woooo-hoooooo!

We spent the day doing some MAJOR decluttering and cleaning in preparation for our Treasure Mapping adventure this week. I am so excited!:

We also went out for some Thai food (yummy!) and my mom watched ds so we had a date and we had some inspirational visions that we are so excited to start working on!

I have only read this past page and I have to say since I have found out about LoA all I think about how LoA affects birth. I keep thinking I need to be an LoA doula and birth educator and dh feels the same way about physical training. Pretty much everything we think of, is based on LoA....but I guess that is the truth of it all!

I learned about LoA exactly when I found out I was preggo so it has had a profound affect on my relationship with the little one and my attitude towards my pregnancy. I totally eliminated morning sickness even though I could feel it there and if I had a rough day it would come until I used LoA to balance out my system. I just kept telling my body to embrace the hormonal change and it did! Also, I haven't had a prenatal b/c I just feel like this is so personal and I know everything is perfect. I sort of feel like this is my LoA baby, almost like the birth consciousness helped attract the knowledge to me. I mean really my entire world has changed since conceiving at Christmas.

Sorry, I haven't kept up with everyone. I "almost" feel guilty posting just about myself and not knowing how everyone is doing but I only have a few minutes and wanted to check in.

By the way, that shamanic audio I was talking about is called Shamanic Navigation by John Perkins. I just want to throw it out one more time that I am willing to send out copies to anyone interested. Terri yours is in the mail tomorrow! Consider it a gift from the Universe!
#147 of 823 Old 04-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post

A very wise doula once told me "a baby has the birth that she needs to have", so I've also been pondering on the fact that the energies of these babies are manifesting the way they come into the world.
Jill Butterworth, a Bradley Birth instructor, told me this exactly 'you had the birth pain you needed to have'. And I was offended then. Now, I trust that she knew.

Quote:
I see it play out, birth after birth, how what the women think about while pregnant ends up playing out without fail. The client who says "I know I can take anything unless my labor ends up being really long"...........the one who says "my body is meant to do this, I'll just listen to my body"............the ones who say "I hope I don't go overdue, because my doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks"..............
Yes. This happened just as "I feared". I am so grateful though. I learned so much from the birth I needed to have.

Pat

I have a blog.
#148 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
yes, we ALL of our moments (Why do you think I started doing that affirmation? )

The more I focus on the good things about my DH, the more good things there are to focus on. The strange part it, good things from our past just pop in my head now.
You know, I'm feeling more and more hwat a great guy my dh is...and then I realized, he's changed some, but it's jsut as much that I'm seeing the good in him that was there already.

Quote:
Jill Butterworth, a Bradley Birth instructor, told me this exactly 'you had the birth pain you needed to have'. And I was offended then. Now, I trust that she knew.

Quote:
Yes. This happened just as "I feared". I am so grateful though. I learned so much from the birth I needed to have.

Pat
I was about to say I didn't manifest my HBP and ds being induced 2 weeks early...then I realized I said just last week "I couldn't wait to get him safely out!" And dh said afterwards that he wanted ds to be born in March (he was due 4/9) because he was too!
#149 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 AM

#150 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 AM

Thank you to whover started the topic of childbirth and LOA - was it you, Pat? I want to share something with you all, if that's ok.

I was a practicing homebirth midwife when I got pregnant with our first child. At that time I was excited, humbled, awed at the power of birth (still am) but was also constantly putting myself in the "what-if" role - what if somehow I fell short of expecations and wasn't able to "rescue" a situation with a mother or baby.

In my own birth, those fears were brought to fruition, and with no understandable explanation or known reason, our son died while I was 8 cm. and was born still an hour later. There was nothing I could do.

Of course, I have thought (and felt) long and hard about all this and while I truly believe our Jacob somehow wasn't meant to be here with us in his body because of what I can only call him visiting me before he was born and saying goodbye, at the same time I feel my fear brought about this unavoidable situation. The Law of Attraction.

Perhaps because there was nothing that could have "saved" him, my dh (love that man!) and I were spared the "if onlys" and both of us could only acknowledge the preciousness of every life. For me, Jacob's birth/death released the "what-if" fears because I suppose I realized in some sense I'd brought this on myself. And I became a more grounded midwife as a result.

Now, our Noah was born 1 year + 3 days after Jacob. Did I worry about him? Fret continiously, live in that fear state? Actually, after I felt him move I never had a doubt but that he would be just fine. I remember wondering why my care providers were so freaked out about him, when I knew everything was going to be so perfect. He was born 10 minutes after we got to the hospital (which I'd acceded to because of family concerns) and is now a bright and beautiful 7.5 years old.

So, did I "cause" Jacob's death? No, I don't think so. But my fears of complications surely got in my way. Did I manifest a smooth birth for Noah? Yes, I think I did- I got out of my own way, and let the Universe take care of things.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page