April 15-21 Manifesting Mamas - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also wanted to let others know that there are some new Abe/Hicks downloads on Hay House. I have particularly enjoyed the one from April 11. It discusses health and relationships and they have some very interesting discussions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Jormorder - Thank you for sharing that story. I have not spoken about it here yet (no particular reason) but I know that I manifested dd's special needs. I know how I did it and intuitively knew that I was doing it as it was happening while I was pg.

I have also manifested her healing as well.

When I have more time I'll tell the story.
Jordmorder, You are amazing!

Terri, I would love to hear this too. I have to say I never worried this way about ds...and then I did, somewhat, later...but recently I've begun to focus only on the wonderful stuff and the rest seems to be melting away!

Thank you for raising my vibration this morning, ladies! Dh got me out of bed to redress his wound becasue his bandage had slipped, and I was feeling : about not finally making up my sleep....but then I realized I could CHOOSE not to feel that way!

I think I'm going to stop listening to Bill Harris (even though I LOVE Holosync and I know it's really making a difference) becasue he gets me into a kind of flat "is that all it is?" space. I listened to the 6 CDs of Centerpointe talks too, and while they had good stuff in them, I jsut find him, I dunno, kind of cold somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it. He talks about his unhappy childhood and in the context of that he's come a long way and I'm happy for him, but for me, up till now, he lacks a certain grace and lightness that the other guys have. I feel like he's trying, trying, trying all the time. Which was my issue too, so that's probably why I let him get to me!

OK, that's my pre-breakfast insight, I can go have breakfst now!
#183 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Pookietooth Like CC said, this thread is out of control, If you want information from someone, it's better if you PM them. Otherwise it's too easy to miss the request as they are desperately skimming, trying to catch up

I manifested my son's birth I had a friend who had an accidental homebirth for her second and knew another woman who had an accidental UC with her second - both because the births were so fast (first woman didn't make it to the birth center, second woman birthed before the midwife arrived at the homebirth). So having these stories in my head, I was worried I'd have that, especially since the birth center I was planning my water birth at was 45 minutes away. That distance worried me and I thought a lot about how I didn't want to drive that far (10 minutes to the hospital for my dd's birth was the worst pain of the whole thing). That drive was probably my #1 worry the entire birth actually, So I put together an emergency homebirth kit just in case. So what happens? The kid came out so fast we didn't make it out the house He was born on the backroom floor and the kit came in handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
We argued, talked, and came to the agreement that the house we were looking at really is more than we can realistically afford. So, we drove down there again yesterday and went see what else is out there.

We found another house that's got basically twice the room, is laid out better, and has twice the yard. [/COLOR]
That's cool !

Devon keep your snow - please! We just have rain up here. If we get snow I might have to hurt someone . . . . Or eat some chocolate

So the meditation class was really nice The guided meditation was the best part. I think I'm going to try to just go to meditations instead of classes. The guy's voice was sooooooo soothing. And quiet! We were in this tiny room and he still had a mike clipped to his shirt so we could hear him,

Some things stuck out at me though. It's all the fault of this thread and all the reading/watching I've been doing The first thing was in the meditation. We were supposed to be meditating on gratitude except he didn't use that word. I can't remember how he worded it, but in the meditation he was talking about things to be grateful for. He said be thankful you're in shelter, not out in the storm, be thankful you have enough to eat and don't go hungry, be thankful you live in peace and not in a place where stepping out of your house is taking your life in your hands, etc. The problem was, my mind started focusing on all the *negatives* he was mentioning! I wanted to tell him to just focus on the good and not even mention the negative So I just listened to his soooooooooooooooothing voice and tuned his words out and meditated on some of my favorite words instead But it was so cool to meditate in a room with a bunch of other people. There's more energy there than when I'm alone. I loved it

Oh, and then after the meditation he was talking about how everyone is suffering so we should have compassion for our fellow sufferers. I have heard that before and I get what they mean and the intention behind it, but my knee jerk reaction was to not relate at all and think "no, I'm not suffering, my life is pretty dang good" Now if I had had this class one day earlier when I was still PMSing I could have easily gotten into a drama queen spiral with that : But yesterday was good and I feel like I'm buzzing again
#184 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I posted several pages back so will post again:

I got the cards Sat. and they are gorgeous!!! Beautiful. I love them.

They've inspired me to write some looooong overdue snail mail to some friends.

oh THANKS for posting this again! I am really glad that they got there ok and that you are happy with them! I put extra love in there for you - it's so nice to know the people who I am making things for. I loved the BE cards especially - they just elicit such a feeling of freedom in me!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#185 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Speaking of Taras, has anyone seen Taradactyl lately? I hope she's feeling ok!
I was just wondering this same thing this morning?
#186 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Apryl, Tarad did post at the end of page 9 - here it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Hi Devon...thanks for asking about me. I've been lurking. There is just no way for me to keep up on this thread anymore and honestly sometimes I don't even look because I become overwhelmed. I want so badly to read everything, but that is impossible. I usually skim each morning and sometimes I come back in the evening too. I feel like I'm missing out on some great stuff too. You guys seem to be creating some greatness out there.

My pregnancy sickness got better and now worse again. I can't figure it out or what to do and I'm so exhausted of puking and fighting off puking and bloating and constipation and I know....I'm focusing on the bad stuff but I guess I'm feeling a little fed up and confused. I'm conflicted. I'm so happy to be preg and so miserable. I'm feeling sorry for myself like, "How come other people have glowing magical pregnancies and mine are so miserable?" I'm sure all of these thoughts are only making it worse. I have started to do some affirmations each night before bed and I'm also meditating on a white light going down my throat into my belly healing and bringing peace to it. Deep down I know this is temporary, but it still gets old pretty quickly after 5 weeks of this, kwim?

Ok, sorry so negative and so all about me. DS wants to play soccer now so we're going to try to go outside.

Tara
Tara!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#187 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Devon...thanks for asking about me. I've been lurking. There is just no way for me to keep up on this thread anymore and honestly sometimes I don't even look because I become overwhelmed. I want so badly to read everything, but that is impossible. I usually skim each morning and sometimes I come back in the evening too. I feel like I'm missing out on some great stuff too. You guys seem to be creating some greatness out there.

My pregnancy sickness got better and now worse again. I can't figure it out or what to do and I'm so exhausted of puking and fighting off puking and bloating and constipation and I know....I'm focusing on the bad stuff but I guess I'm feeling a little fed up and confused. I'm conflicted. I'm so happy to be preg and so miserable. I'm feeling sorry for myself like, "How come other people have glowing magical pregnancies and mine are so miserable?" I'm sure all of these thoughts are only making it worse. I have started to do some affirmations each night before bed and I'm also meditating on a white light going down my throat into my belly healing and bringing peace to it. Deep down I know this is temporary, but it still gets old pretty quickly after 5 weeks of this, kwim?

Ok, sorry so negative and so all about me. DS wants to play soccer now so we're going to try to go outside.

Tara
Tara, I forget how far you are along, I think though that we are pretty close. I'm having the same thing, it comes and goes, though I think I've gotten off a bit easier than you, its still frustrating. I have oddly found that excersize seems to be helping. We take the kids to the Y to play, and the last two Monday's I walked around the track with a friend. I felt great all day after that, even during the evening when I usually am at my worst.

So hopefully that soccer with ds will help!
#188 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:54 AM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#189 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Melanie's "How Game" from last week:

I never got a chance to do this but I really wanted to! The idea is to think "outside the box" on all the crazy ways what you want to manifest can come to you. It's not about the how, it's about raising your vibration and matching up to your desires. They can't be practical things like "I'll get overtime at work and have more money", they have to be fantastic!
I like that....reminding us to think outside the box!!! That's a very important thought today!! Yep yep!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
That's cool !
I forgot to add one of the other most important factors, it's half the price of the other one!! Much more affordable!!
#190 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM

GOOD MORNING! All this rain is just so great for all the plants and will make the flowers that much more beautiful!!!!!!!

ShannonCC, I know what you mean about your meditation experience. I notice it so much now. I was just at a doulas workshop and we were supposed to fill out this sheet to facilitate our inner growth and 4 out of 5 questions had us list our fears of.....what could go wrong....our limits as a doula etc. I was so shocked and didn't even want to fill it out!

I am curious what the other mamas will think of the Shamanic Navigation Cd b/c I haven't done it since learning about LoA and I know he does focus on blockages, but from my memory it was identifying blockages and destroying them so you can continue on to following your chosen path. I am hoping it is as LOA as I remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmoder View Post
Thank you to whover started the topic of childbirth and LOA - was it you, Pat? I want to share something with you all, if that's ok.
jordmoder, thank you so much for sharing. I am so glad you have been able to find peace.

That is part of the reason why I hesitate to use a midwife b/c sometimes I can feel that energy like they are ready for an emergency. I am kind of see-sawing back and forth between between unassisted and using a mw I really respect and who is very supportive of uc. I know we will know what is best when the time is near. Part of me likes a mw more for the female comraderie. That makes me feel so happy inside when I see women birthing with compassionate female support, so part of me wants that and then part of me knows we will be just fine on our own.
I will admit that one of my pros of having a mw is that they help clean your house/do laundry and give me a spongebath! I am never one to pass up some good pampering!

Quote:

Tara
I love you and I am so sorry you are struggling with this. Have you read the Abraham exercise on healing in Ask and It is Given? I just came across it last night and it was really profound as I tend to manifest illness and physical discomfort in my life (until now!). Another suggestion. Have you ever considered using marijuana medically for your pregnancy? I know Mothering had a huge spread on this about 3 years back and there are various threads around with info about it. MJ can be a powerful ally for people struggling with nausea. I know you will feel better.
#191 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmoder View Post
Thank you to whover started the topic of childbirth and LOA - was it you, Pat? I want to share something with you all, if that's ok.

I was a practicing homebirth midwife when I got pregnant with our first child. At that time I was excited, humbled, awed at the power of birth (still am) but was also constantly putting myself in the "what-if" role - what if somehow I fell short of expecations and wasn't able to "rescue" a situation with a mother or baby.

In my own birth, those fears were brought to fruition, and with no understandable explanation or known reason, our son died while I was 8 cm. and was born still an hour later. There was nothing I could do.

Of course, I have thought (and felt) long and hard about all this and while I truly believe our Jacob somehow wasn't meant to be here with us in his body because of what I can only call him visiting me before he was born and saying goodbye, at the same time I feel my fear brought about this unavoidable situation. The Law of Attraction.

Perhaps because there was nothing that could have "saved" him, my dh (love that man!) and I were spared the "if onlys" and both of us could only acknowledge the preciousness of every life. For me, Jacob's birth/death released the "what-if" fears because I suppose I realized in some sense I'd brought this on myself. And I became a more grounded midwife as a result.

Now, our Noah was born 1 year + 3 days after Jacob. Did I worry about him? Fret continiously, live in that fear state? Actually, after I felt him move I never had a doubt but that he would be just fine. I remember wondering why my care providers were so freaked out about him, when I knew everything was going to be so perfect. He was born 10 minutes after we got to the hospital (which I'd acceded to because of family concerns) and is now a bright and beautiful 7.5 years old.

So, did I "cause" Jacob's death? No, I don't think so. But my fears of complications surely got in my way. Did I manifest a smooth birth for Noah? Yes, I think I did- I got out of my own way, and let the Universe take care of things.
Thank you so much for sharing your story

It does point out to me, again, that the baby and the mother are co-creators of the birth. Often, moms I see that have complications are the ones that have that nagging voice telling them they need to be in the hospital when they had planned a homebirth, as an example. I believe the babies are making their needs known to mom, but mom has to listen. It's a rare pregnant women who is able to quiet her own thoughts enough to really listen, but I'd love to be able to help women learn to do that.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#192 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 PM

I am not even going to try to catch up: . I'm sorry that I will be missing out on, what I can only imagine to be, some really great posts.

I ordered "What The Bleep Do We Know, Down The Rabbit Hole" from my libray and I am so excited to see it. In fact I can't wait. It looks so good!!

Dh has ben home for 2 weeks and today he is back at work so I am going to sub. and hope that I can keep up somewhat at least.

I am so excited to make my treasure map tomorrow!! Dd1 (3 1/2 years old), Dh and myself are going to make one each. I have a feeling that dd's will just have a ton of dogs and cats on it. She would really like to have one (or more) of each. We are renters and I am manifesting a new home for us to own before Yule. I am recriuting her by telling her that if we own our own home we can at least get a cat . It's the truth. The sooner we own a home the more likely that we will get a cat. Hey every little bit helps right?

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#193 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon*;7863781*
I meet a guy who's a travel writer and we hit it off instantly. After three months of bliss here in the US, he invites me to come with him on his trips. Bonus-- some of my pictures end up in his magazine articles/books!! (ok, so maybe I'm not ONLY trying to manifest travel : )
Have you seen the animal planet show "Caught in the Moment?" It is a lovely show, but I'm more fascinated by the people who make the show than the show it's self. I think they have the coolest travel jobs ever. You could watch this show and use it to help you visualize having a very cool travel job!

Birth Stories

Neither of my births went the way that I had wanted them to (I was very focused on what I didn't want!) and one of my DDs has mild special needs due to complications at her birth, but now looking back I have a lot of peace about everything because both of my DDs are just so wonderful. For me, it is an excerise on focusing on the good parts, the things that make me feel happy, rather than on the things that make me not-so-happy. So I'm glad that my DDs are here and that they are just the way they are.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#194 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Oh yeah, Devon I forgot to say I loved your job possibilities. Not only do they sound AWESOME, but totally doable. I actually know someone who was super LoA living the coolest life and she decided she wanted to travel to Thailand and she ended up going with this super cool professor mom who who needed a nanny while she finished research for a book in Thailand......I could so see something like that happening for you!

We are manifesting a diesel retro camper for our family and really I am thinking dh is going to find an abandoned one in the backyard of one of his clients and when he asks them about it...they will say, "That old thing...I will give it to you!" Sounds good, eh?
#195 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Happy tax day, Americans! If you aren't in the US today and so don't have your taxes due, well, happy Monday! I wrote "Thank you" on the memo line when I wrote the check to pay our taxes (dh is considered self-employed, so we don't get a refund, but wow! We hardly had to pay anything this year!), which was kind of hard, as I am very frustrated with this awful war and how much they spend on it vs. how little of that could be used to insure people and pay for schooling, but *some* of that money does go to fixing roads, paying teachers, post office workers, etc, and for *that* I am thankful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your story

It does point out to me, again, that the baby and the mother are co-creators of the birth. Often, moms I see that have complications are the ones that have that nagging voice telling them they need to be in the hospital when they had planned a homebirth, as an example. I believe the babies are making their needs known to mom, but mom has to listen. It's a rare pregnant women who is able to quiet her own thoughts enough to really listen, but I'd love to be able to help women learn to do that.
This was ME!!!! When I was pg with ds, I kept saying "I hope to have a homebirth" etc, and while I was laboring, I *knew* I should go to the hospital but ignored it, and ended up with an emergency c-section because ds had finally gotten tired of the labor (after 30 hours!!) and I was so exhausted and I was having back labor! Whew! Honestly, there is SO much work I need to do when I decide to TTC for #2 because I have fear that I can't birth naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
I am not even going to try to catch up: . I'm sorry that I will be missing out on, what I can only imagine to be, some really great posts.

I ordered "What The Bleep Do We Know, Down The Rabbit Hole" from my libray and I am so excited to see it. In fact I can't wait. It looks so good!!

I just go this from the library! But i also got the second season of Lost, and since that one has a LONG waiting wait and there was no waiting list for What the Bleep, I have been watching Lost, because I'm certain I can renew What the bleep!

So, I'm feeling ick right now. I woke up with AF, which means cramps and whatnot (always on the first day) and I don't really want to be at work right now, plus I have to judge this undergrad research symposium which I didn't want to do (got guilted into it). Sigh. I'm feeling a tad blue right now, so I thought I would write in PINK! Heehee!

I'm also sitting on hold waiting for someone to pick up the phone. GRRR!

Ok, I wrote that down, I felt blue, but now it is out of my system and today will be FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Yesterday, I got my garden planted and we planted a little garden for ds....a little box with a basil plant and a grape tomato plant! Start the pasta! It felt fabulous!

We had a blast yesterday, but he got so tired by the end of the day. He asked me for candy, and I said "no" (I have been TRYING to allow him to regulate himself, and I recognize that it will take some time, and maybe if he were older I could do this, but unfortunately, I simply can't let him eat candy all day. I threw out the last of it last night so it would stop causing problems. Should have done THAT much earlier. Oh well. Live and learn) Anyway, he KICKED me!! Then later, on our walk with the dog, he hit me. Oh, I am really disliking this stage. It is SO hard. I am trying to teach him that physical actions against another are not an acceptable way to express anger while still honoring that he is angry! Ay yi yi.

So, when it was time for bed, we sat and talked for a while (well, I talked). I told him that I understand that the point of his life is to create a path and experience joy and happiness and that when I say no, sometimes it is because I am teaching him the rules to living in this society, sometimes it is because what he wants contrasts with what I want, and sometimes it is because I cannot see or accept his path. I told him that I will try to say yes to him as much as possible. It was an amazing conversation and he went to sleep so peacefully and easily! It touched me.
#196 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
but in the meditation he was talking about things to be grateful for. He said be thankful you're in shelter, not out in the storm, be thankful you have enough to eat and don't go hungry, be thankful you live in peace and not in a place where stepping out of your house is taking your life in your hands, etc.
that annoys me too! several yoga teachers i've had say stuff like "be here when you're here" (which i like!) but then they go on and on about NOT thinking about paying the bills, NOT thinking about what you need to get at the grocery store, NOT worry about this or that. thanks a lot! I wasn't thinking about those things but now I am
#197 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
that annoys me too! several yoga teachers i've had say stuff like "be here when you're here" (which i like!) but then they go on and on about NOT thinking about paying the bills, NOT thinking about what you need to get at the grocery store, NOT worry about this or that. thanks a lot! I wasn't thinking about those things but now I am
That doesn't mean you have to agree with them. You can take what you need and leave the rest, as they say at La Leche League.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#198 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post

........<snip>

I just go this from the library! But i also got the second season of Lost, and since that one has a LONG waiting wait and there was no waiting list for What the Bleep, I have been watching Lost, because I'm certain I can renew What the bleep!

So, I'm feeling ick right now. I woke up with AF, which means cramps and whatnot (always on the first day) and I don't really want to be at work right now, plus I have to judge this undergrad research symposium which I didn't want to do (got guilted into it). Sigh. I'm feeling a tad blue right now, so I thought I would write in PINK! Heehee!

I'm also sitting on hold waiting for someone to pick up the phone. GRRR!

Ok, I wrote that down, I felt blue, but now it is out of my system and today will be FAB-U-LOUS!!!
<snip>.......
Iam #24 in line at my library. At least I'm not in line for The Secret. There would be 170 peolpe in front of me: .

I LOVE the pink writting. Great idea!

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#199 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Iam #24 in line at my library. At least I'm not in line for The Secret. There would be 170 peolpe in front of me: .

I LOVE the pink writting. Great idea!
I'm also in line for The Secret....and though I am like 73 on the list....and I just requested this.....it's on the way to me!! Craziness! I love it when that happens!
#200 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:00 PM

sorry, I haven't read a whole lot here today, busy busy busy weekend, and rough morning (busy-wise).

But I gotta share this, it really raised my vibration because it was, in short, hilarious.

My dd was laying on me nursing. She stopped, and looked up at me. She's giving me this sort of disgusted look, and she's got a string of saliva connecting her to me. Of course, she's 5 mo old, so I know it wasn't that (she couldn't care less, I'm sure), but I tried to get it off disconnected anyway. I mean, gross, you know.

So I reach down and grab at it. It doesn't go away. I try again. I get a tissue, and yay, it goes away.... for a second. I'm blinking at this string of spit thinking "holy bizarre!"

So I bend forward to look at it, and Kira starts laughing.

Again, now, I know she couldn't possibly have known, but it was just too funny. She started laughing just about the time I realized that it wasn't spit at all... it was a steady stream of milk shooting out of my nipple! :

So, I look at her, and say, "So not funny!"

She laughs one more time, and goes back to nursing.
#201 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 PM

Petersmama, I am dealing with the same thing with my 2.5 y/o and food. It is really hard for me to let him have what he wants all day b/c then he is eating ice cream for b-fast and candy...candy...candy!

We have been talking in the CL tribe and Pat has been really helpful and I seem to have found a balance. First of all, after it was Easter and I realized we literally had pounds of candy I pared it off after ds went to bed....still leaving a good amount in his basket but making it not a limitless supply. Then w/ Pat's advice I have been talking to ds more about food. Like when it is breakfast and he asks for ice cream I might say, "Ummm, ice cream is such a yummy treat. What else could we have that would give us energy to play today. Eggs would give you some protein to make you strong, or some toast and pb would give you so much energy to play all day long!"

Anyways, I gave it a shot and ds has been loving it. He will have a small scoop of ice cream w/ his cereal and fruit, or toast etc. Also at lunch he used to only want cookies (so many cookies!: ) so now I will say, yes cookies are sweet and yummy, what can we have with our cookies to help us grow strong. Cheese will give you some protein and will make you strong. Avocado will give you healthy skin and let you run fast etc. etc. etc.". So now he will have a cookie on his plate with whole wheat crackers cheese and avocado and usually he eats just that one cookie and doesn't even ask for more. Before he was asking for 5 cookies at a time.

Now he comes to me and says, "I want something cold and crunchy and we find something that fits that.....apple from the fridge? Soft and sweet....banana?

Having said this I give Pat FULL CREDIT for this method and while I say this I will send her a and a for all the wonderful advice that is working! Pat, you are just so smart! Thank goodness for your wisdom!
#202 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I'm also in line for The Secret....and though I am like 73 on the list....and I just requested this.....it's on the way to me!! Craziness! I love it when that happens!
I LOVE the library. It is this frugal Mama's way to see, hear and read a lot of things. I think I'm going to try to get mine to order Holosync. It's worth a try. They have yet to deny any of my requests for orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
sorry, I haven't read a whole lot here today, busy busy busy weekend, and rough morning (busy-wise).

But I gotta share this, it really raised my vibration because it was, in short, hilarious.

My dd was laying on me nursing. She stopped, and looked up at me. She's giving me this sort of disgusted look, and she's got a string of saliva connecting her to me. Of course, she's 5 mo old, so I know it wasn't that (she couldn't care less, I'm sure), but I tried to get it off disconnected anyway. I mean, gross, you know.

So I reach down and grab at it. It doesn't go away. I try again. I get a tissue, and yay, it goes away.... for a second. I'm blinking at this string of spit thinking "holy bizarre!"

So I bend forward to look at it, and Kira starts laughing.

Again, now, I know she couldn't possibly have known, but it was just too funny. She started laughing just about the time I realized that it wasn't spit at all... it was a steady stream of milk shooting out of my nipple! :

that is TOO funny

I've seen that "string of saliva" before.

Babies are the best!!

#203 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post

Too funny.... Thank you bunches for sharing!!
#204 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
Tara, I forget how far you are along, I think though that we are pretty close. I'm having the same thing, it comes and goes, though I think I've gotten off a bit easier than you, its still frustrating. I have oddly found that excersize seems to be helping. We take the kids to the Y to play, and the last two Monday's I walked around the track with a friend. I felt great all day after that, even during the evening when I usually am at my worst.

So hopefully that soccer with ds will help!
After soccer I went and did 30 mins on the treadmill at the gym. I haven't been there in a while so maybe that will help too. I've always been very active and athletic but lately the fatigue has been helping me to laze about more then ever.

I am almost 10 weeks. I'm due Nov 15th according to modern medicine. I think you're just a touch ahead of me, right?

Thanks everyone for all the hugs and sympathy. Unfortunately marajuana is definitely not something I would ever consider. There are many reasons but the #1 reason is that I am a recovering drug addict and I know for me marajuana is addictive and also a "gateway" drug. I was prescribed something by my MW after I called her for help but I haven't taken it. She said it's as safe as tylenol, but honestly I don't like taking tylenol even when not preg. Since I spent many years putting everything I could into my body I now have gone the other direction and I try to keep my body as clean as possible. I must say I have never felt better (aside from pregnancy puking).

I guess the best thing is that I know in my heart that this will be over soon and I will be able to look back and see that I gained something from the whole experience. That's one big thing I've learned here in this group. Now when things happend that are undesirable, I can always find something good that came out of them.

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#205 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#206 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Well. This shoulder tension has taken an interesting turn.

I was at one of the Treasure Mapping threads (STARTS TOMORROW! ) and Tracy was discussing colors for Treasure Maps and what color spoke to her (orange) and she mentioned this site:
http://www.sobrietystones.com/resour...olorsindex.htm

I started reading about the throat chakra and it really spoke to me:
http://www.sobrietystones.com/resour...lor_blue_5.htm

Then I saw the link about purple and thought about how much I like purple, and I read this page, and my body literally started to relax a bit. The Universe was sending me a clear signal. It tensed up again when I left the page. (I have repeated this and it happened again.)
http://www.sobrietystones.com/resour...e_violet_7.htm

Curioser and curioser.

I know my thoughts are tied to my shoulder tension. I just need to figure out in what way. Or maybe take a break from overthinking. (In the past I've gotten a massage and felt no better afterwards.)

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#207 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
That doesn't mean you have to agree with them. You can take what you need and leave the rest, as they say at La Leche League.
oh yeah I know i just think it's odd that they haven't figured out that, during a guided meditation, talking about all the stuff you don't want to think about is not going to get the desired results
#208 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post

Now he comes to me and says, "I want something cold and crunchy and we find something that fits that.....apple from the fridge? Soft and sweet....banana?
I looked back, that discussion was on 4-10-07, less than a week ago!! YOUR SON is the one who is *so smart*. He is young and learning to listen to his body, rather than an external voice of what he needs. Your information just facilitates him to make choices which honor his needs and desires.

Pat

I have a blog.
#209 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Does anyone know why Esther is no longer on the new version of The Secret or who they replaced her with? Just curious.
Esther talks about this in the latest Oprah interview, the April 12th segment They talk about some other really interesting stuff, too. (Big thanks to whoever posted this link the first time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
& MsChatsALot

We found another house that's got basically twice the room, is laid out better, and has twice the yard. It's already got an offer on it, but the buyer's agent said that deal will probably go through and to put in a backup offer. So, we're trying to speed things up (finish the lender process) and do that. We're also going with the "if it flows, it's meant to be".... Yep yep!!
Excellent! I saw the later post about it being half the price, too! You are flowing easily to your perfect home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
And secondly, I got a bit of a cosmic kick in the pants. I've been using my tarot cards since high school, mostly for myself, but occasionally for friends or family (especially my mom). Over the last few years I keep talking about wanting to get more comfortable with other people to be able to use them with other people, but have found excuses and put it off repeatedly. But this time, I really wanted to be over there doing it. I am still scared of the talking with strangers part a bit (I'm really shy at first), but now just more of a nervous, not panicing. I know I can do it, I've been told I am good at it, I have nothing to lose from trying. For the first time it really feels like a choice, not just an idea. Then even cooler, the second day, I took the book that goes to my deck, since this is a newer deck, I though I could use quiet time to read more about it. All the cards I've been reading about so far are all about LOA! It was like reading to myself, like a message I REALLY needed to hear. So I'm going to do it!
Good for you! I'm sure you'll give wonderful readings! I've done Tarot readings at psychic fairs, before ds, and it is fun but also challenging. Nearly every time, just before the first reading, I felt a little panic, like "I have no idea how to do this!" but each time I got through it, and once I learned to recognize that it was just my first reading jitters, it would go away almost at once, and I had a great time.

So I'm curious about the book you are reading.... which deck is it with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
I talked to ds and my dad!!!! I called them at the hotel. They are doing great ds sounded really good. they went to a 5th grade class this morning and ds said he was the center of attention. all the kids wanted to know about his life, his school, etc. they're gong to go exploring in town this afternoon and try to find a computer to email us. oh and one great thing is several of the other volunteers are guys who just graduated from college, and dad said they are being really attentive to ds. i'm sure that is making his week
I'm so glad you heard from them! Sounds like he is having a fabulous time, with tons of good loving male energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
HEY!!!!

I just saw this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<--------------------------

Cmon, WHO made my day!!!??? Fess up, I LOVE it!!!

You guys bring tears to my eyes you know that!! Nowhere have I ever felt so *a part* of things and included and cared about in a community setting than I do with you women!!

Thank you!!
It was me! I couldn't resist. I love music manifestations!

Way back when I was a teen and listening to the radio, I used to marvel at how they'd play just what I'd been thinking of, or just what I needed to hear... I called it "the magic" just to myself. Then in my 20's I got into the Grateful Dead, and....it was all way multiplied and cosmic and wonderful. Come to think of it, I really need more music magic in my life right now... not much on the radio appeals to me. I listen to public and college stations, mostly, and there's some great stuff, and in the car sometimes I put on the totally random station, which can be fun... but damn I miss Jerry!

And ita about feeling included! It's an issue I have often struggled with up till now, and being here with y'all is healing as well as great fun!

Quote:
HA! I manifested a "snow day" AGAIN!!! I didn't feel like working, I wanted the day off, I was going to call out sick, I thought, Wouldn't it be nice if this crazy storm somehow got us a day off?

And it DID. Part of the town where I work is flooded so no need to use that sick day, Dev!
Ah-ha! It's all your fault! My sister who lives in NJ wrote me this morning complaining about the snow and their basement flooding and how she hates NJ.... Now I know who to tell her to blame! (just kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
last night, though, i showed dh Linda's posts of her affirmations about her husband (I love my dh and I am so happy I married him - something like that, right?) and encouraged him to adopt some affirmations about me. And I gave him back our favorite photo of us that I'd taken from his wallet to put on my treasure map last year. I reminded him that he used to look at that photo and kiss it, it was so adorable.

this all, of course, after yesterday he told me that he has about a 50% commitment level to working things out right now.

anyway, this morning he said he said it to himself twice!
That's so cool that he's using that! (And I'm guessing you are using it, too!) About the 50% thing... well, is the glass half full or half empty? Your affirmations and attitude can make such a difference, here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Also wanted to let others know that there are some new Abe/Hicks downloads on Hay House. I have particularly enjoyed the one from April 11. It discusses health and relationships and they have some very interesting discussions.
Thanks! I will be checking those out later today!

Quote:
I am so excited to make my treasure map tomorrow!! Dd1 (3 1/2 years old), Dh and myself are going to make one each. I have a feeling that dd's will just have a ton of dogs and cats on it. She would really like to have one (or more) of each. We are renters and I am manifesting a new home for us to own before Yule. I am recriuting her by telling her that if we own our own home we can at least get a cat . It's the truth. The sooner we own a home the more likely that we will get a cat. Hey every little bit helps right?
I'm psyched to do mine, too! I'm thinking about how to do one with ds... he's about to turn 3, but I think he can understand it. Our dc's have powerful manifesting energy! And to have them manifesting with us does help! Wanting animals is a great motivation. We have two kitties, and ds wants a puppy (specifically a male black labrador puppy!) I've explained to him there are two things that need to happen before we go find such a puppy; we need a house with a big yard, and he needs to be using the potty all the time. (I sometimes wonder which is a bigger manifestation! ) The other day we were picturing the big yard, and the dog running in it, and he also imagined a wolfhound, since he knows dh wants one. Mama is a little more skeptical on that one, as I want to manifest dh being home a lot more to take care of it...

Happy Treasure Mapping to you and everybody else who is doing one!
#210 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM

Amris. Funny stuff!!

Holy cow, Hilary!! I'll have to try that. My problem is also compounded because he goes to dc, where she feeds them more processed food and stuff, so then when he comes home and I made lentil chili (which, BTW, I totally did NOT tell dh that it was veggie chili, just chili ), he doesn't want it. And I make kale for veggies, where at dc they will have corn or whatever. We don't normally have cookies, candy, ice cream, etc at home. I do always have crackers and nutri-grain type bars for him, though. I do like the idea of giving him a little of whatever he wants....I like the idea of letting him make his own choices and hopefully avoid the food hang-ups that most of us have, but I am having a VERY VERY hard time just letting him whatever he wants whenever. I am SO trying this! Thanks Hillary and Pat!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page