April 15-21 Manifesting Mamas - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
then I decided I DID have enough time~ because I wanted there to be enough time. Today is a great day Its almost like I altered time!

cool! and i'm so glad for you that school feels so great!

eta--hey I thought coffee was a no no with homeopathy. not that i drink it anyway, just curiouis
#242 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I'd get me to a professional classical homeopathist, ASAP. We have all benefited sooooo much from classical homeopathy. (I know the regulars on this thread think I am on commission with the Homeopathy Evangelists. )
Pat
Pat, you crack me up! Between this and your comments about chocolate, there are a bunch of DDDDC's one could come up with for you. :

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#243 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM

((((((((((((((((POOKIE))))))))))))))))))))))

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#244 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post

eta--hey I thought coffee was a no no with homeopathy. not that i drink it anyway, just curiouis
Depends on who you ask
In my experience, those who have a sensitive constitution can antidote remedies with it. Most seem to do OK with it. It also depends on whether you are taking the exact right remedy or not. When you've got the similimum, it takes some effort to antidote it.
I really shouldn't drink so much of it, but I've given myself a year from Marissa's death before I worry too much about it. I kind of use it to get through
#245 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
There's an issue I care about very much on the Lactivism board. A woman is posting about her toddler nephew whose family is staying at a Ronald McDonald House in Texas while the child receives cancer treatment. Two members of the center staff are bullying the mom about nursing her sick toddler when that is all he will eat because he is so sick.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=654648

What is the best way to visualize health, healing and a wonderful new policy at this charity, doing away with their current anti-breastfeeding rule? I want to let go of my anger/passion about the negative aspects of this drama but I don't simply want to ignore the story because I care.
I think visualizing moms nursing their toddlers, and giving the situation love are the best actions.

BTW, their are many, many people in the medical field who are fans of extended nursing. When my younger Dd was 19 months old, she was badly burned. Good nutrition is key is healing burns, but many children with burns quit eating. Cheyenne was still BFing, and she quite eating altogether while she was a burn patient and went back to exclusively BF. The staff at the pediatric burn unit was thrilled because she was getting perfect nutrition, and said that they would have better outcomes if more kids BF longer.

I think that the family in the situation should continue believing that things will work out and give the situation positive energy. I didn't read the entire thread, but there must be research on BF and cancer treatments that show that breast is best (it only makes sense!).

I think that it is possible to stay aware of what is going on and be able to take action without getting all caught up in the negative emotion. Part of it, I think, comes from a sense that the world is pretty amazing and wonderful and that most people really are doing they best they can with what they know right now. When there is an action that we can take, such as going to a BFing sit in or looking up research for someone or whatever, I think that if we can stay in a place of faith that things are going as they should, all is well, and our role is just an opportunity to us to be part of things moving in the right direction, we are more likely to stay in our happy place.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#246 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post

Well, the reason I started looking into this is b/c we nanny at someone elses house that is full of processed foods and junk food and they let their 5 year old eat anything anytime. So same thing....we would come home and he would no longer want steamed broccoli and tofu?????!!!!! So I feel you and I have to reiterate the more I let go the more he seems to balance!

Yeah...I really like this idea, because he still gets what he wants, but hopefully I can get him to eat REAL food, too! I just can't wait till I find him the perfect dc situation where he eats delicious nutritious food....he may still reject my food, but it will be because his new dc center's tofu surprise is so darn good!
#247 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
Thank you!! :

"sometimes we learn a lot from where we choose to sit"
This statement really resonates with me. Thank you for your saying that. You were obviously sent to remind me of something very important when it comes to judging others. It reminds me that if I hadn't met the people I had met and had the conversations I had had and read what I have read (all seemingly by chance) I would be a VERY different person.

Who knows? Maybe I would be on a reality show right now .

Yes, some of us have Jerry Springer histories. There is a saying "We are a part of all that we have met." And it brings me comfort when one dies, because I know that a part of those I've love, live on inside of me. But, also, a part of all my crazy family is a part of me too. : Thich Nhat Hanh's book "Peace Is Every Step" helped me to make peace with both my past and future. And helped me to embrace living in the moment with trust that All Is Well (Even for people on Jerry Springer's show, they are exactly where they need to be.). We are all Learning All The Time. What a Gift!!

Pat

I have a blog.
#248 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I think visualizing moms nursing their toddlers, and giving the situation love are the best actions.

(snip)

I think that it is possible to stay aware of what is going on and be able to take action without getting all caught up in the negative emotion. Part of it, I think, comes from a sense that the world is pretty amazing and wonderful and that most people really are doing they best they can with what they know right now. When there is an action that we can take, such as going to a BFing sit in or looking up research for someone or whatever, I think that if we can stay in a place of faith that things are going as they should, all is well, and our role is just an opportunity to us to be part of things moving in the right direction, we are more likely to stay in our happy place.
Even before I read this I was concentrating on love for the moms and babies and doctors etc. and moments later another poster and I both thought of looking for the national headquarters, and then I googled and found their address. So I agree when you take "right action" good things manifest.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#249 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I want to let go of my anger/passion about the negative aspects of this drama but I don't simply want to ignore the story because I care.

Trust. Trust the mama to listen to her inner voice and her child's needs. Trust that she could try one thing and then try another. Trust that only that which serves their highest self will unfold.

How can we know what that path will be? For instance, I probably contaminated my son's neuro system with mercury tainted breast milk (excessive amalgam fillings and dental care), and probably ate too much mercury while pregnant the first trimester. However, we are exactly where we need to be. Thankful that we did nurse. Thankful that we stopped "early" at age 2. We can not *know* what the "best path" is for another. I guess, it is proximity that helps me to realize I don't "know" that it is "best" for the child to have breastmilk. There is always more to a story, because it is hard enough to Know Thyself, none-the-less, know what is best for another person hundreds of miles away whom I have never met.

My anger doesn't serve anyone, or help anyone, imo. I can model happiness with my choices and TRUST that those who need to observe my path, and if it shines a light upon their path, will see what they need to see or hear, because they too are Exactly Where They Need To Be.

(I do see that you are carrying a lot on your shoulders. )

Pat

I have a blog.
#250 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Happy you are loving it barefootmama. But what is up with your coffee habit?? I thought it was a no no too!?!?! I have to hold my breath in the coffee bean isle at the grocery. Seriously, it really antidoted me several times when starting on remedy.

Pat

I have a blog.
#251 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
Yeah...I really like this idea, because he still gets what he wants, but hopefully I can get him to eat REAL food, too! I just can't wait till I find him the perfect dc situation where he eats delicious nutritious food....he may still reject my food, but it will be because his new dc center's tofu surprise is so darn good!
Are you treasure mapping this year? Maybe that could be something you manifest! A dc with healthy food!
#252 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Pat, you crack me up! Between this and your comments about chocolate, there are a bunch of DDDDC's one could come up with for you. :

What!? You mean chocolate isn't a Spiritual Totem?

Pat

I have a blog.
#253 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Are you treasure mapping this year? Maybe that could be something you manifest! A dc with healthy food!
Yeah, I'm going to write: "Ds is in a school where he thrives and is surrounded by love and health" or something like that. The thing is, his current dc is small and he has been there for a year and a half, and he really knows the mom and her kids (it's an in house dc). So it's possible that considering our current budget, that he is in the best possible place. But I'm still planning to tour the Montessori school!
#254 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Hi mamas!
I manifested the nicest, most calm, peaceful day today!

Both dds are asleep right now at the same time thank you very much and I am also going to manifest them both being asleep by 9:30. nod

I don't know why I'm so surprised really.

Funny thing too, we were having such a fun afternoon together that homeschooling actually popped into my head again.

Must be all that talk about Island travel.
#255 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Happy you are loving it barefootmama. But what is up with your coffee habit?? I thought it was a no no too!?!?! I have to hold my breath in the coffee bean isle at the grocery. Seriously, it really antidoted me several times when starting on remedy.

Pat
You must have a sensitive constitution I believe you that it did antidote. I've worked with people who have had that happen. They do tend to be in the minority, though. Some homeopaths say no to coffee, mint, etc for all their clients and some more selectively hand out that advice. Depends on their experience and who taught them.
I use coffee to get through my days. I know its not the best, but I've given myself a year from Marissa's death before I worry about it. I do have quite a strong Arsenicum streak, and Ars LOVES coffee Its never antidoted my remedies. I know someone who actually puts the remedy INTO the coffee and it works well
#256 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to write: "Ds is in a school where he thrives and is surrounded by love and health" or something like that. The thing is, his current dc is small and he has been there for a year and a half, and he really knows the mom and her kids (it's an in house dc). So it's possible that considering our current budget, that he is in the best possible place. But I'm still planning to tour the Montessori school!
Same thing with us. I have been working with this family for so long and they are SO good to us and the two girls are literally like ds's sisters so I have had to let go of the uptight food issues which was maybe good b/c we have been known to get pretty uptight about food.

We should think up some affirmations together like:

I know my dc is getting the proper nutrition he/she needs
My dc is learning to live a balanced lifestyle
#257 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Hi mamas!

Both dds are asleep right now at the same time thank you very much and I am also going to manifest them both being asleep by 9:30. nod

Funny thing too, we were having such a fun afternoon together that homeschooling actually popped into my head again.

Yay for calm and peaceful days
Here's a vote for homeschooling We unschool over here
#258 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM

In keeping with my wonderful day, look what is going to happen now!

I just hit

:

Only took me a year
#259 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:54 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
This thread is so full of wisdom and light!
I had a whole bunch of stuff selected to multiquote, but it's so old now I just scrapped it all.

I loved the discussion of birth and LoA. I had an extremely stressful time while pg with my first dd. My MIL had just died of cancer and DH was sent back overseas, away from me, soon afterward. I was able to stay at my parents' during that time, and they were very loving and supportive, but it hurt me so very much to be away from him when I know he needed me. We had no email back then, or it might have been not as bad. I couldn't call him directly, just the barracks and hope he was around.
My FIL went a bit loopy and DH was placed in a work situation he was not at all ready to handle. He came home when Emma was about 6 weeks old, and she smiled for the very first time.
I had an induced labor with an epidural, but back then that was 100% fine with me. I can, however, see how my extreme stress and worry during my pregnancy affected her and her sensitivities which probably led to her autism.

But I also know how much I have learned and grown from this situation, and I am very very glad for how it has made me better and made my marriage stronger and made me a better parent. And I am so grateful.

Hey barefootmama, I hit 1000 on LoA threads too!
I have found that I too can continue coffee even when taking a remedy.:
I think it is different for everyone.
#260 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
In keeping with my wonderful day, look what is going to happen now!

I just hit

:

Only took me a year
!
#261 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
HA! I manifested a "snow day" AGAIN!!! I didn't feel like working, I wanted the day off, I was going to call out sick, I thought, Wouldn't it be nice if this crazy storm somehow got us a day off?

And it DID. Part of the town where I work is flooded so no need to use that sick day, Dev!

Melanie, I am using my extra buzz to say affirmations like you suggested!
You really are a manifesting master! And coolio on the affirmations! You'll have to let me know how it feels for you saying them when you're buzzing so high, vs. saying them at 'regular' times. I think it's a trip!

Quote:
I would love to hear this too!! I was just telling Christi yesterday that I really believe special needs kids, even more than "typical" kids, are sent to us to teach us something we really need to learn.
There is a fantastic AH question/answer about why kids are born with autism. The gist of it is that some children come to teach unconditional love. Now isn't that just the most beautiful thing???

Quote:
Hmmm... I am trying to manifest a great travel experience so I am doing the following:

* Sent in my passport application, it should be here in a few weeks!
* Making a list of places I want to see
* Decluttering like crazy and getting rid of some cold-weather clothes because I won't need them! I fully intend to be south of the Equator next winter!
* Making (very short!) lists of what to pack
* Haven't done this yet-- buy a great travel backpack!
Awesome! I can't wait to hear where you're going!

Quote:
Melanie's "How Game" from last week:

I never got a chance to do this but I really wanted to! The idea is to think "outside the box" on all the crazy ways what you want to manifest can come to you. It's not about the how, it's about raising your vibration and matching up to your desires. They can't be practical things like "I'll get overtime at work and have more money", they have to be fantastic!
I LOVED your creative hows on this!! And isn't it funny how you can look at these things and say "oh yeah, so and so did that" and "I read a story about someone that did that" and... I love, love, love this exercise! Probably one of my favourites yet!

Quote:
Now he comes to me and says, "I want something cold and crunchy and we find something that fits that.....apple from the fridge? Soft and sweet....banana?
Thank you sooo much for sharing this! I've been thinking about how to turn our food stuff around and honour the kids' processes, and this resonates so deeply with me. Thank you Hillary and Pat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Speaking of focusing on the negative : I have this ongoing situation and I don't know what to do from a LOA perspective. There's a situation that I've been trying to ignore for months and I just realized that I'm doing the happy sticker on the gas tank thing aren't I? It's not that this situation doesn't bother me, it's that it does bother me and I'm pretending it doesn't. But part of it is that it's taken me time to realize what's going on. A few months ago I thought it was one thing, then another and now I'm realizing it's all centered on one person.

So how do I make this about *me*? Because even though it seems to be centered on someone else, I need to find what it says about me and what is being reflected back to me about myself, don't I? I'm sort of stumped here. Ok, so that was all really vague I don't want to put it on a message board for the world to see because I think it would be too much energy. Ugh. Maybe I'll just type it all out and vent and then erase it Maybe I'll get closer to finding answers that way.
Shannon... Feel free to PM me if you want to chat on this privately.

Quote:
I am so loving school. I almost feel like I'm cheating. I told my tutors I have been studying intensively for 8 years with my very good friend who is a homeopath, but they are still impressed Its OK to brag, right? I just it SO much.
Yippee!! So happy for you Jen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
Yes. to that family.

Quote:
Yes, some of us have Jerry Springer histories. There is a saying "We are a part of all that we have met." And it brings me comfort when one dies, because I know that a part of those I've love, live on inside of me. But, also, a part of all my crazy family is a part of me too. : Thich Nhat Hanh's book "Peace Is Every Step" helped me to make peace with both my past and future. And helped me to embrace living in the moment with trust that All Is Well (Even for people on Jerry Springer's show, they are exactly where they need to be.). We are all Learning All The Time. What a Gift!!

Pat
I'm so there with the Jerry Springer history. I often say to my husband that I might have been born into this, but he's the one that married into it.

Quote:
I know my dc is getting the proper nutrition he/she needs
My dc is learning to live a balanced lifestyle
These are perfect! This is the kind of thing I've been saying to myself when I start pointing upstream on this!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#262 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Can we talk about the LOA and personal activism?

From the Secret or Abraham-Hicks, I hear the teaching that one should remove their attention from negative things and turn their attention to what one wants to experience.

Visualize peace (rather than fighting war/terrorism.) Visualize everyone being well fed (rather than fighting poverty/hunger.) Visualize health (rather than fighting illness/cancer.)

There's an issue I care about very much on the Lactivism board. A woman is posting about her toddler nephew whose family is staying at a Ronald McDonald House in Texas while the child receives cancer treatment. Two members of the center staff are bullying the mom about nursing her sick toddler when that is all he will eat because he is so sick.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=654648

What is the best way to visualize health, healing and a wonderful new policy at this charity, doing away with their current anti-breastfeeding rule? I want to let go of my anger/passion about the negative aspects of this drama but I don't simply want to ignore the story because I care.

Any thoughts?
Why do we always ask questions we already have the answer to?
#263 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Amris, that milk story was hilarious!! Thanks so much for the chuckle! And the really great thing is I could totally picture Kira because of the pictures you shared recently. Awesome!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#264 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Good afternoon lovely ladies! :
I had this wonderful post all ready to go with quotes from the last couple days, and I lost it! DOH! So, I hate to skim over what I wanted to say, but and all around! :

I am so excited about Treasure Mapping tomorrow! : ! We are kind of in the midst of getting the yard sale ready for this coming Sat, but luckily, I feel all the preparation has cleared out a lot old, stagnant energy for us! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor.. it was just too crazy I'm telling you -- some lyrics:

I am going to be 30 next month and let me tell you women... I am SO excited... no "29 plus one year" or whatever for me... I LOVE IT... I think my thirties are going to be my BEST YEARS YET... only getting better, and better!!
That is sooooooo cool about the song! Just so cool. What a fun experience.

And I have to agree with other posters. Being in my 30s is great and getting older just keeps getting better and better. You'll love being in your 30s!

Quote:
Meanwhile, did anyone watch The Office this week? (I heart Jim so so much). The part where they bet on Kelly talking about Netflix and Jim wins $5 because she said Awesome 12 times? It has been resonating in my head because I always say Awesome on this thread.

Please tell me I'm not a Kelly. : Cause it's such an AWESOME word!
You are not a Kelly! I love to say awesome too, so I am right there with ya sister!

Quote:
The Principles of "The Secret" Applied to Childbirth: http://www.birthsecret.com/

Pat
That is a nice link, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Wow. Just wow.

This is something that I've had in my mind for the last month or so. I'm ramping up to start teaching chilbirth classes, and my inner voice has been saying "no one is teaching these women about how the LoA shapes their birth experience".

A very wise doula once told me "a baby has the birth that she needs to have", so I've also been pondering on the fact that the energies of these babies are manifesting the way they come into the world.

I see it play out, birth after birth, how what the women think about while pregnant ends up playing out without fail. The client who says "I know I can take anything unless my labor ends up being really long"...........the one who says "my body is meant to do this, I'll just listen to my body"............the ones who say "I hope I don't go overdue, because my doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks"..............

I need to order new business cards. Should I change my title from birth doula to "Law of Attraction Birth Coach"?
That is really interesting. I hadnt even thought about LoA in terms of my birth experience with dd. This is a very interesting conversation for me to follow along with, thank you to everyone posting their birth story and experiences with this.

And maybe you should be a "Law of Attraction Birth Coach! THat would be so cool!

Quote:
I have only read this past page and I have to say since I have found out about LoA all I think about how LoA affects birth. I keep thinking I need to be an LoA doula and birth educator and dh feels the same way about physical training. Pretty much everything we think of, is based on LoA....but I guess that is the truth of it all!

I learned about LoA exactly when I found out I was preggo so it has had a profound affect on my relationship with the little one and my attitude towards my pregnancy. I totally eliminated morning sickness even though I could feel it there and if I had a rough day it would come until I used LoA to balance out my system. I just kept telling my body to embrace the hormonal change and it did! Also, I haven't had a prenatal b/c I just feel like this is so personal and I know everything is perfect. I sort of feel like this is my LoA baby, almost like the birth consciousness helped attract the knowledge to me. I mean really my entire world has changed since conceiving at Christmas.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmoder View Post
Thank you to whover started the topic of childbirth and LOA - was it you, Pat? I want to share something with you all, if that's ok.
Jordmoder, that is a powerful story. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Again, I am way behind -- this thread is already 9 pages on Sunday! I can't possibly keep up with it, hope you are all well. I never got a PM from Annikate or anyone else about the intuitive lady. I feel like an invisible poster but I guess I manifested that as I always have the tendency to feel like an outsider, :LOL Anyway, for those of you like me who are dealing with food sensitivities, I wanted to post a link to a story of using EFT to get rid of food allergies, because it gave me hope and also really intrigued me: http://www.emofree.com/Allergy/multi...-allergies.htm
What struck me was that for the person in the story, food represented not feeling safe starting with bfing at birth due to birth trauma, which to me seems to fit with my ds's experience -- he had a somewhat traumatic birth (meconium, suctioning, etc.) and was from the beginning very fussy about nursing, didn't take well to it and later was a spitter. And I wonder if that was the case with me (my mom's dead or I'd ask her). Anyway, the lady was able to get rid of her intolerances to wheat and dairy -- woo hoo! Just what I was asking for! Now I just have to see if I can do it myself.
Does anyone know why Esther is no longer on the new version of The Secret or who they replaced her with? Just curious.
I can't keep up with the thread either! But I wanted to say I saw you!

Quote:
I talked to ds and my dad!!!! I called them at the hotel. They are doing great ds sounded really good. they went to a 5th grade class this morning and ds said he was the center of attention. all the kids wanted to know about his life, his school, etc. they're gong to go exploring in town this afternoon and try to find a computer to email us. oh and one great thing is several of the other volunteers are guys who just graduated from college, and dad said they are being really attentive to ds. i'm sure that is making his week
Oh, I am so glad you had a chance to touch base with them. I knew they would be having a blast!

Quote:
Sometimes, being caught up on the thread is BORING! At least when I fall behind I can back-read for pages and pages if there's no current activity.

*Sigh*....

Off to meditate and set intentions for my snow day with Chris...

*happy sigh*...
I feel a little the same way when I catch up too! No frantic reading through everything to get to the end, just obsessive page refreshing to see if any new posts are up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Hi Devon...thanks for asking about me. I've been lurking. There is just no way for me to keep up on this thread anymore and honestly sometimes I don't even look because I become overwhelmed. I want so badly to read everything, but that is impossible. I usually skim each morning and sometimes I come back in the evening too. I feel like I'm missing out on some great stuff too. You guys seem to be creating some greatness out there.

My pregnancy sickness got better and now worse again. I can't figure it out or what to do and I'm so exhausted of puking and fighting off puking and bloating and constipation and I know....I'm focusing on the bad stuff but I guess I'm feeling a little fed up and confused. I'm conflicted. I'm so happy to be preg and so miserable. I'm feeling sorry for myself like, "How come other people have glowing magical pregnancies and mine are so miserable?" I'm sure all of these thoughts are only making it worse. I have started to do some affirmations each night before bed and I'm also meditating on a white light going down my throat into my belly healing and bringing peace to it. Deep down I know this is temporary, but it still gets old pretty quickly after 5 weeks of this, kwim?

Ok, sorry so negative and so all about me. DS wants to play soccer now so we're going to try to go outside.

Tara
It will get better. One thing that worked really well for me with morning sickness was to keep a hanky with a few drops of peppermint oil on it near my nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
Hi Honey!

This information may have already come your way, in one form or another, but I'd like to point you toward the marijuana tribe:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=627306
I've personally never : while pg, but have while nursing, and many mothers have used it to the benefit of their in-utero babies. Greet it with an open mind. One page 10 of our tribe is an extensive article by Chronic Chrissy, which is super informative (x-posted in breastfeeding).
With my third pregnancy, I had 24hr "morning" sickness for an entire month. I didn't : at the time, and just rode it out (I liked sucking on hard candies) but if it had impacted my ability to nourish with food, I surely would have. There are many safe ways to injest this medicine w/o smoking (b/c I do believe that smoking is not beneficial for in-utero babes). I hope that helps you, at least explore another option! Good luck and blessings to you!
I remember that article in Mothering about it a while back. Fascinating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your story

It does point out to me, again, that the baby and the mother are co-creators of the birth. Often, moms I see that have complications are the ones that have that nagging voice telling them they need to be in the hospital when they had planned a homebirth, as an example. I believe the babies are making their needs known to mom, but mom has to listen. It's a rare pregnant women who is able to quiet her own thoughts enough to really listen, but I'd love to be able to help women learn to do that.
This was me too! I was torn between a homebirth or a birth center birth and decided on a birth center b/c I liked the idea of a solid birth tub better than a portable one in our livingroom (which made me nervous for some reason, kept picturing it spilling all the water all over our house ). Anyway, about 24hrs into labor (dd was posterior and acynclitic), and 4 hours of pushing with no progress, I just kept thinking that I needed to go to the hospital. I remember being in laborland and thinking in my head, I think something else needs to happen, I think I might need a csection. (And I had skipped the csection part in the books I had read b/c I had always said, nah, wont happen to me.) So, we transferred to the hospital, everyone thought all I needed was an epidural to relax and let dd turn and present better, but once she started moving down the birth canal, we lost her heart rate. Emergency csection, and dd comes out and they find she has the cord around her neck 5 times! Crazy girl! I really feel my instincts were telling me what to do in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtemama View Post
I am so excited to make my treasure map tomorrow!! Dd1 (3 1/2 years old), Dh and myself are going to make one each. I have a feeling that dd's will just have a ton of dogs and cats on it. She would really like to have one (or more) of each. We are renters and I am manifesting a new home for us to own before Yule. I am recriuting her by telling her that if we own our own home we can at least get a cat . It's the truth. The sooner we own a home the more likely that we will get a cat. Hey every little bit helps right?
That's awesome! : :

Quote:
This was ME!!!! When I was pg with ds, I kept saying "I hope to have a homebirth" etc, and while I was laboring, I *knew* I should go to the hospital but ignored it, and ended up with an emergency c-section because ds had finally gotten tired of the labor (after 30 hours!!) and I was so exhausted and I was having back labor! Whew! Honestly, there is SO much work I need to do when I decide to TTC for #2 because I have fear that I can't birth naturally.

We had a blast yesterday, but he got so tired by the end of the day. He asked me for candy, and I said "no" (I have been TRYING to allow him to regulate himself, and I recognize that it will take some time, and maybe if he were older I could do this, but unfortunately, I simply can't let him eat candy all day. I threw out the last of it last night so it would stop causing problems. Should have done THAT much earlier. Oh well. Live and learn) Anyway, he KICKED me!! Then later, on our walk with the dog, he hit me. Oh, I am really disliking this stage. It is SO hard. I am trying to teach him that physical actions against another are not an acceptable way to express anger while still honoring that he is angry! Ay yi yi.

So, when it was time for bed, we sat and talked for a while (well, I talked). I told him that I understand that the point of his life is to create a path and experience joy and happiness and that when I say no, sometimes it is because I am teaching him the rules to living in this society, sometimes it is because what he wants contrasts with what I want, and sometimes it is because I cannot see or accept his path. I told him that I will try to say yes to him as much as possible. It was an amazing conversation and he went to sleep so peacefully and easily! It touched me.
[/COLOR]
I love this conversation you had with ds. That's awesome that he slept so peacefully afterwards.

And I have to say, I have done a ton of mental work and research about VBAC ever since we started discussing the next baby. If you havent checked it out already, ICAN is a great resource. (Did I tell you about that already? , or was it someone else?)

Quote:
that annoys me too! several yoga teachers i've had say stuff like "be here when you're here" (which i like!) but then they go on and on about NOT thinking about paying the bills, NOT thinking about what you need to get at the grocery store, NOT worry about this or that. thanks a lot! I wasn't thinking about those things but now I am
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
sorry, I haven't read a whole lot here today, busy busy busy weekend, and rough morning (busy-wise).

But I gotta share this, it really raised my vibration because it was, in short, hilarious.

My dd was laying on me nursing. She stopped, and looked up at me. She's giving me this sort of disgusted look, and she's got a string of saliva connecting her to me. Of course, she's 5 mo old, so I know it wasn't that (she couldn't care less, I'm sure), but I tried to get it off disconnected anyway. I mean, gross, you know.

So I reach down and grab at it. It doesn't go away. I try again. I get a tissue, and yay, it goes away.... for a second. I'm blinking at this string of spit thinking "holy bizarre!"

So I bend forward to look at it, and Kira starts laughing.

Again, now, I know she couldn't possibly have known, but it was just too funny. She started laughing just about the time I realized that it wasn't spit at all... it was a steady stream of milk shooting out of my nipple! :

So, I look at her, and say, "So not funny!"

She laughs one more time, and goes back to nursing.
You are a milk fountain!
#265 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
You are a milk fountain!
That's actually more accurate than you might realize.

When I first had Kira, I was a little low on the ol' milk production. Read: a LOT low.

So started to chant a little mantra: "I produce an abundant surplus of rich, healthy milk!"

I've been producing an abundant surplus ever since! :

ETA: So yeah, be careful what you wish for.
#266 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:

"The hows are the domain of the Universe!" ~ the Secret

"The world needs your contribution as a beneficial presence on the planet so that every man, woman and child may live to their highest potential."

~ Michael Bernard Beckwith

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#267 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I can model happiness with my choices and TRUST that those who need to observe my path, and if it shines a light upon their path, will see what they need to see or hear, because they too are Exactly Where They Need To Be.
Pat
This is a very important statement and one I'm glad I read today from you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Hi mamas!

Aren't days like that days when you really, really feel all is right with your world!! As if there's a Universal pat on the back?!

Quote:
Yay for calm and peaceful days
Here's a vote for homeschooling We unschool over here
I know everyone asks this...and I'm asking it again anyways... Does unschooling mean letting your child not learn to read until they think they're ready? Cause my son is a later reader and has no desire to read. He has a huge desire to learn...and does learn...but thinks he doesn't have to read... lol lol lol So, if that's unschooling... That's what we do! lol

Quote:
Because we continually look for the answers outside of ourselves...and forget it's within...until we get our own attention! lol Sometimes, telling someone else how it is so that our "self" can get a word in edgewise.... lol lol
#268 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

*whew*

I'm tired just reading the thread

Terri -- awesome about your day, we are having one of those too!! The weather is just BEAUTIFUL today isn't it? Not a cloud in the sky over here and about 65

Aprildaisy, unschooling means to me pretty much what you have described -- exactly what we are doing with our almost 2 year old, and continuing that --- she learns what she wants or feels she needs to learn when she needs or wants to learn it and we help her with anything she needs along the way --- offering her creative, fun, interesting, stimulating experiences where learning is sort of just a bonus if you will -- and the things she seems interested in, we find a way to help her learn about it or help her explore it --

Sort of like how the best and most interesting and wonderfully deep and spiritual/mental/emotional things I have ever learned were those which I sought, or that which interested me --- and that hardly ever happened in a classroom I can tell you that (for me).... I just want to offer dd that from birth, not have to wait until she is like 20 like I was
#269 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:

ETA: So yeah, be careful what you wish for.

I loved that story too. Enjoying a little joke with the baby!
#270 of 823 Old 04-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
sorry, I haven't read a whole lot here today, busy busy busy weekend, and rough morning (busy-wise).

But I gotta share this, it really raised my vibration because it was, in short, hilarious.

My dd was laying on me nursing. She stopped, and looked up at me. She's giving me this sort of disgusted look, and she's got a string of saliva connecting her to me. Of course, she's 5 mo old, so I know it wasn't that (she couldn't care less, I'm sure), but I tried to get it off disconnected anyway. I mean, gross, you know.

So I reach down and grab at it. It doesn't go away. I try again. I get a tissue, and yay, it goes away.... for a second. I'm blinking at this string of spit thinking "holy bizarre!"

So I bend forward to look at it, and Kira starts laughing.

Again, now, I know she couldn't possibly have known, but it was just too funny. She started laughing just about the time I realized that it wasn't spit at all... it was a steady stream of milk shooting out of my nipple! :

So, I look at her, and say, "So not funny!"

She laughs one more time, and goes back to nursing.
This is so sweet! I can just picture her wise little eyes twinkling!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page