The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
tamara, can you come over and take a photo of my map so i can share? maybe i should have put a digital camera on my map, and a faster newer computer that could handle one
nah....that's for next year.
I'd be glad to! I put a laptop on mine, maybe if I get that you can have my desktop. I told Owen he could have it but maybe he could have your old one!

Quote:
i used a combination of tracy's bagua thingy and one i found on the 'net, so my #9 space is for travel.
I was concerned about the whole travel thing so I ended up putting a "landscape" of European cities across the whole bottom of my map. It's gorgeous. I keep looking at it going "it's going to be a BIG year!"
#302 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM

I am so grateful for these treasure map threads. It has been so much fun to hear about everyone's experiences, have a place to ask questions, hear other ideas and see the wide range of beautiful maps made.

A great big Thanks to Tracy for all her time and energy!!! You have been so helpful and I know I appreciate it a ton!
#303 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:25 PM

:
#304 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Everyone's map is so much cooler than mine.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#305 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
Good Morning!

Ebony! Good to see you here, haven't seen you since The Wire thread. I wanted to say I think that your affirmations with your business card sounds like a really good idea and good direction for you to go with positive manifestations for your job.
Fremontmama! So nice to "see" you! Why didn't you tell me about this thread?! I can't believe I just stumbled upon it Those kids on The Wire couldn't definitely use some treasure mapping

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm really trying to work through this situation and I'm just at a loss because none of the prior "putting out good thoughts" techniques have been working for me at this place. I'm so confused over the whole thing:
#306 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Everyone's map looks great!!! I am one of the ones, that has waited. I've been so busy at work, when I get home I don't want to do anything! I did buy magazines on tues and flipped through them - I tagged a few pages but cut nothing out. I'm hopping I can play some more with it on Sat. I also want to take a new pic of DH,DD, and I to put in the center. On mon I could think of all kinds of thing s that I wanted but after tues, they all left me. Almost like I feel I have to be VERY careful about what I put on it. I like the idea of some of you making 2 boards, I might borrow that idea. We want to build a new house but not for another year and a half, so I may put something about the new house on our board, and then go crazy with ALL the house stuff on a second smaller board. Today, I final feel myself getting excited about it again, it's amazing how a lot of people went "flat" about it. So hopefully I will have to done by next week, does anyone know how long we have till the next moon? Since I couldn't get it done by today, when is my next deadline???

Thanks,
Casie
#307 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:50 PM

Hi IncaMama! Hi Kate!

I kinda have to, umm, figure out how to load photos - isn't that pathetic?

My TM is pretty crowded too, and I don't have a picture of myself on it. And some of it is pretty dang banal. But I love it, so far, and have some more I want to put on it.

To me it looks like, oh what is that word....the freestyle expression style of writing? Sorry, momma brain...Anyways it looks like a visual version of that to me, so it's sort of like a snapshot of inside me and my partner's heads. So it didn't really feel right to try to drum up some picture to put on it.

I have a funny feeling I won't even really know what all the images mean to me until several months from now. So who knows, the seemingly unimportant stuff might end up meaning a lot! The complexity of it in some way adds to it's mysteriousness, as some things have ended up in odd juxtapositions. (I didn't do the 9 divided out areas either - I am not so good at following rules am I?) The free form 'where does it want to go' placement seemed to work well for me...
#308 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 PM

you know, it's funny...i tend to be a very very unstructured/unorganized person so i anticipated that i'd have a very free-flowing TM with very limited inherent structure. well, that couldn't be further from the truth! it's a grid with very clearly marked sections, very "rule" focused i suppose...or structured is really the best word for it. and that's so not me! i suppose it's what my soul is searching for? more structure? so i think that, as it turns out, the TM as a WHOLE is a part of my goals for this year....to become more structured?

anyway, it's food for thought...
#309 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony View Post
Fremontmama! So nice to "see" you! Why didn't you tell me about this thread?! I can't believe I just stumbled upon it Those kids on The Wire couldn't definitely use some treasure mapping

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm really trying to work through this situation and I'm just at a loss because none of the prior "putting out good thoughts" techniques have been working for me at this place. I'm so confused over the whole thing:
I'm so glad you did stumble on it! I think it is such a cool thing. My Treasure Map from last year really helped me focus and this year I feel really even better about setting my intentions. I hope the same for you

And I'm having a hard time picturing any of the boys Treasure Mapping but it's an interesting image.

I'm sorry the job situation is so hard right now. I am still working on learning how to word really good positive manifestations for things, so I am having trouble coming up with good mantras for you. But, 1. I really liked what you said you put on your map and 2. what I really wanna say is come on over to the weekly manifesting masters thread and there will be a ton of people who want to help. It is the most supportive, loving place ever! There are a lot of really wise women there hanging out and willing to share their thoughts. The thread can get huge and move really fast, but just jump in and introduce yourself and let people know what you need advice about and you will get some great ideas and things to think about.

See you there!
#310 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 PM

Here is my 2007 Treasure Map http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...current=Us.jpg : I wasn't sure about sharing but everyone has been so helpful and inspiring and it feels right
#311 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad you did stumble on it! I think it is such a cool thing. My Treasure Map from last year really helped me focus and this year I feel really even better about setting my intentions. I hope the same for you

And I'm having a hard time picturing any of the boys Treasure Mapping but it's an interesting image.

I'm sorry the job situation is so hard right now. I am still working on learning how to word really good positive manifestations for things, so I am having trouble coming up with good mantras for you. But, 1. I really liked what you said you put on your map and 2. what I really wanna say is come on over to the weekly manifesting masters thread and there will be a ton of people who want to help. It is the most supportive, loving place ever! There are a lot of really wise women there hanging out and willing to share their thoughts. The thread can get huge and move really fast, but just jump in and introduce yourself and let people know what you need advice about and you will get some great ideas and things to think about.

See you there!
Thanks mama! I will do that!
#312 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Here is my 2007 Treasure Map : I wasn't sure about sharing but everyone has been so helpful and inspiring and it feels right
Linky no worky

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#313 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayayenay View Post
Here is mine! First timer with a busy tm, too!

I was mostly drawn to huge pictures from magazines, and a lot of what's on my map is based on a general feeling, although most pictures do represent something specific. I didn't use the baguas, but instead just put things where they fit and where they felt right. I have very few words on there, but the pink rose is actually a blank greeting card in which I wrote about a dozen affirmations/intentions and slipped the back of it inside an envelope that I glued onto my tm. For some reason I didn't want them all out there visible, but they just flowed out of my pen and I definitely wanted to incorporate them somehow. The green rectangle below the yellow flower at the top says, "It's in our nature to be RICH & ABUNDANT." Down at the bottom by the whispering girls it says, "Unity is strength." Near the center is Yoda, with the word "Luminous" under him (because "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...." ).

Things have already been moving along and shifting for me, from the very first moments on Tuesday when I picked out my magazines and pictures. :

I'm going to go back now and look at the other maps that have been posted!
Ooooh, I like it! It has a lot of texture! How cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post
Everyone's map is so much cooler than mine.
I feel the same way And I can't figure out how to get a picture of mine up anyway

Quote:
Thanks mama! I will do that!
Hooray!
#314 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 PM

am i the only one who feels a little self-conscious having a big ol' honkin' picture of me in the middle of a poster board? LOL! i think it would feel better if my kids were in the picture...but maybe that's the point...to stretch my comfort a bit and work toward a sense of self that is comfortable having me front and center...all to myself?
#315 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 05:09 PM

Treasure Maps are looking good!

Wow. What a week. I had my 11 month old niece visiting for the week, so I had to fit in treasure map building around her schedule. (I'm sooo going to post about her visit in another thread. It was amazing! )

I decided to get all my pics off google. That way I could search for what I want. I made a quick list of things to google (house, garden, veggies, etc) and wandered from there. People kept mentioning circles on here and I thought "hey, wouldn't it look great to have circular frames around pics instead of squares" So thanks for the idea.

I took 2 days to look for and print off pics and cut them out. Then last night after my niece went to bed I laid them all out on poster board. Everything just kind of "fit" and worked out. I wasn't planning on using the bagua but in the end I did. And it's so interesting. A lot of the pics tie in with areas around them.

If you click on each pic in the link, there are notes explaining what they all mean. I just love my TM and think it's so amazing. It has such great energy and focus. Plus, I love the pic I found of myself. I look so happy and pretty compared to my everyday look. BTW, I'm officially out of the closet. This is the first time I'm posting a pic of myself online. If you know me IRL, let me know!:

Ok, here it is! Treasure Map

Ta Daa!:
#316 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I am so happy and grateful that money comes to me easily from many sources, with increasing frequency, in the highest possible way for everyone.
Yes!!! I was looking for this!

Quote:
Do you think this is appropriate? What is your take on the situation, based on the limited info you have?

TIA!!!
I think it sounds totally appropriate.

Quote:

Oh, I like the way you put your face on the women!
Me too! So clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
this has been an extraordinary experience for me!! I loved every single moment of it and boy was it a totally surreal experience in some ways!

I loved how close it brought me to my core and to my dreams. Such a fragile and beautiful space. Such a sacred energy.

Here is a link to my Map http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...1177087929.pbw

THANK YOU TRACY!!!!
I love your map!!! So beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I am so grateful for these treasure map threads. It has been so much fun to hear about everyone's experiences, have a place to ask questions, hear other ideas and see the wide range of beautiful maps made.

A great big Thanks to Tracy for all her time and energy!!! You have been so helpful and I know I appreciate it a ton!
YES!!!! Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
am i the only one who feels a little self-conscious having a big ol' honkin' picture of me in the middle of a poster board? LOL! i think it would feel better if my kids were in the picture...but maybe that's the point...to stretch my comfort a bit and work toward a sense of self that is comfortable having me front and center...all to myself?
I feel exactly the same way, and I think you're exactly right.
#317 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM

I'm done making my map and...I hate it. It just feels so completely wrong to me. I couldn't pick magazines & had to use what I had available, so I had a lot of trouble finding things I wanted. If I could take off what I like and start again, I would. I've even been thinking of cutting the stuff I want off the board & putting them on a new board. Is it too late to do something like that?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#318 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
you know, it's funny...i tend to be a very very unstructured/unorganized person so i anticipated that i'd have a very free-flowing TM with very limited inherent structure. well, that couldn't be further from the truth! it's a grid with very clearly marked sections, very "rule" focused i suppose...or structured is really the best word for it. and that's so not me! i suppose it's what my soul is searching for? more structure? so i think that, as it turns out, the TM as a WHOLE is a part of my goals for this year....to become more structured?

anyway, it's food for thought...
Hey IncaMama - It's funny, you and I have opposite personalities in many ways (very similar in others), but are coming to the same conclusion from our TM. As you know, I'm always the overly-organized, rules-based person, but this time on my TM I went more with my gut and was pretty free-form. I had come to the conclusion that I need to let go and relax more. I'm so glad you made it over here!
#319 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I'm done making my map and...I hate it. It just feels so completely wrong to me. I couldn't pick magazines & had to use what I had available, so I had a lot of trouble finding things I wanted. If I could take off what I like and start again, I would. I've even been thinking of cutting the stuff I want off the board & putting them on a new board. Is it too late to do something like that?
Go ahead and start over. Do it.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#320 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
lab

I have finished my Treasure Map!

It has been so liberating. WOW! What a great experience.

Thank you so much Tracy. You have been so patient and wonderful!

You know - when I started I had this image in my head that my map would be completely filled - like a collage with no space left. You know?

And then I started cutting out stuff and ended up with a lot of words.

I loved Tracy's idea of the 9 block pattern and since I am so NOT creative - I thought the fung sei idea would be great. But then I checked out the definition of the word orange and how it relates to Chakra and I totally got into the colors. So I based my map on the 9 block pattern with the 7 (? 7? Aren't there 7? - anyway) chakra colors (I ended up using some extra colors).

I promise to post mine - I just have to get the picture loaded. I am so proud of it. I am so completely amazed at how my subconscious worked.

I knew that I would place the picture of my brother (who killed himself a few weeks ago) in the green, healing section. But I ended up putting the green healing section in the middle. WOW. I am in so much, constant pain over his death that I really feel like this is my main goal for the upcoming year.

Okay - so then I realize that I have failed to place a picture of me in the center like I was supposed to. I ended up putting my picture in the center UNDERNEATH the phrase "You are not your brother's keeper' (because of course I feel quilty) and the picture I chose is a picture of me that is very vulnerable. The other phrase I used is a quote of Queen Elizabeth I that says "My kingdom for a moment of time" or something like that - anyway - I didn't plan it - but it seems like I am so trapped by all of this. I have resolved to heal from it.

I'm rambling.

I just love my Map.

My complete map - 9 block pattern

block 1 - silver=female power

block 2 - purple/violet=self assurance/insight

block 3 - pink =love and morality

block 4 - red=willpower energy passion

block 5 - green=healing and growth

block 6 - white = household tranquility, spiritual truth and peace

block 7 - orange = property, career

block 8 - blue = calm, wisdom, honesty (my brother's favorite color)

block 9 - yellow= intelligence, sun, memory

Thank you Tracy.

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds16

#321 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 07:32 PM

I finished gluing down everything to my map. I still need to do affirmations. I absolutely love my map so far. There is a lot more space on my map then most of the examples that have been posted here. I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything recently and like I have no brain to focus on anything. But everything on my map has space around it. The space is just as important as the things I actually put on the map. I really could spend all day looking at this map. I didn't really expect it to be like that!
#322 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
I really could spend all day looking at this map. I didn't really expect it to be like that!

Me too!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds16

#323 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Here's what I find so interesting. Looking at others' maps, I see some images I saw from the same mags. BUT, I also see images that I think are neat but didn't see. Now I'm going through magazines helping my 10yo finish his map and I see those images now! It's like they weren't meant for me, didn't speak to me, but they are perfect on other people's maps.

Also, I have the new "Simple" magazine (is that what it's called? I don't have it in front of me and it's not one I read) and I was going through it again for Noah, looking for phrases and words he wanted. I find this nifty image of a fortune cookie with "your life is what your thoughts make it" and my son loves it! He was so excited about this image and what it says about manifesting and postive thoughts. I would have put it on my board had I seen it...it's perfect. I believe it was meant for him, though.

Just interesting that we can have the same magazines and pick such different photos for the same type of things we wish to manifest.
#324 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
REMEMBER, THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN.

EVERYONE TAKE A BIG BREATH...(INCLUDING ME..RELEASE THE STRESS..) REMEMBER THE FUN!
And it has been! Thank you Tracy for sharing this with us all and for your PATIENCE with our endless questions & ponderings I will DEFINITELY be doing this every year, the experience has been just unreal.. I think DH will be participating next year as well as he's shown a lot of interest in what I was doing the last few days and loves my map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRose View Post
For instance, I found a picture of the perfect pedicure. I have been wanting a pedicure for AGES, but never really thought of it as a need. (Although I suspect it would do wonders for my state of mind... )

Can I put the pretty tootsies on my TM, or is that just too silly to request of the universe???
I hope you put those tootsies on that map! To me a picture like that says pampering yourself & that's a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Okay, well... I've finished. But to be honest, it looks kind of spare and ameteurish.

I didn't actually plan on doing the treasure mapping, so I ended up using about 5 magazines that I hadn't even really picked out myself... and using some left-over supplies from my (also ameteurish) scapbooking.

All in all, I guess it's not horrible for a last-minute decision.
Glad ya gave it a go! It's definitely a learning curve/experience isn't it!

Quote:
Good Morning! I am enjoying seeing everyone's maps, thanks all for sharing
I finished mine in the wee hours of night last night and had one question. I wanted to put a photo of me with dh and dd in the middle of the map, but for the life of me, had a heck of a time finding a photo with all 3 of us in it So I put one photo of me and dd, a close up with just our heads and then a photo of dh's head glued right next to us. Does that sound too disjointed? Should I try and find a photo of the 3 of us together? Any thoughts?
I did that exact same thing on a picture on my board and it worked out great! Doesn't have to be perfect... just has to feel right :

Everyone's pics are very cool!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#325 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposita View Post
Hey IncaMama - It's funny, you and I have opposite personalities in many ways (very similar in others), but are coming to the same conclusion from our TM. As you know, I'm always the overly-organized, rules-based person, but this time on my TM I went more with my gut and was pretty free-form. I had come to the conclusion that I need to let go and relax more. I'm so glad you made it over here!
This is so funny! My best friend and I did our TMs together. She is artsy, free-flowing, and unstructured. I love symmetry, organization, and can be a bit rigid at times.

Well her TM was completely in blocks - nine neatly arranged lined up, squared off sections.

Mine, on the other hand, didn't have a single corner to it - all willy-nilly, flowing, and unstructured.

We were commenting on how weird it was! I guess our energies are all moving toward the center this year.

I'll take pics of mine tonight and post tomorrow! 'Night all!
#326 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Go ahead and start over. Do it.
Thank you! I feel such relief. Going out to buy a new board in a few minutes. And maybe see if there's *1* magazine I can afford that appeals to me.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#327 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 PM

i'm done, i'm finally done!

there was one last thing, and i kept forgetting what it was. i finally remembered it, and it was that i wanted to put the need for less sleep on there. WHEW. that one needs to manifest first! LOL! i need more hours in the day!

i love all the maps. contrary to what a pp said, i haven't seen a single repeating magazine image on any of them! i hope i can post mine soon! i agree with whoever said they can't stop looking at it. i can't either.

what are y'all using to hang them on the wall? i used foam board so it's lightweight, but the paint on these rental walls comes off easily. what would you use?......not that that matters; they are going to have to repaint when i move anyway. but i don't really want to make it worse than it already is!

and YES, tracy, a big resounding THANK YOU for your patience, and helping, and putting this out there for all us newbies!!

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#328 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 11:37 PM

For those having trouble coming up with affirmations, I *just* came across this link:

Affirmation Cards

It's endless!!
#329 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
what are y'all using to hang them on the wall?
I bought a $5 wooden poster frame from Ikea and made it part of the map. I decoupaged tissue paper in the chakra colors around the whole frame and then printed and tore out my affirmations on cream colored paper. I pasted the torn-out affirmations around the left and right edges of the frame and on the top is the single word "GRATITUDE" and on the bottom is the single word "BALANCE". It's beautiful and definitely made my map complete. DH came home tonight after having seen the map already finished and saw it in the frame. He said "Oh wow, that's amazing!". It totally changed everything.
#330 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM

pics andrea!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page