The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was late in finishing my map. Since it's my first map, I was stressing about doing it 'right'. Then, I ended up sleeping instead of finishing it last night.

For those of you who are afraid you are running late... I'm SO glad I took the extra time. It allowed me to get into my own groove, have fun with it and tap into a little creativity. Once I got going, I starting buzzing. I was REALLY feeling it. And now it's finished. And just now - I had to run here and share it.

FoG's 2007 Treasure Map: "I believe that doing starts with dreaming."
I took a picture of the whole thing and then one of each section. I made my affirmations their captions.

Thanks so much for this!!! Sharing this experience with all of you has just been incredibly inspiring.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#362 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Phew! Finally finished it up! I have it hanging in my sewing room, where I spend most of my free time.

Treasure Map, 2007

The affirmations are hard to see, because they're done in my sloppy painted handwriting.

1. Hands with money falling into them: "My supply is endless, inexhaustible, and comes to me regularly and in perfect ways."

2. Magazine with one of my past quilts in it: "I have an amazing, successful future ahead of me."

3. Couple holding hands: "We are both happy and at peace and have time to enjoy eachother.

4. Children playing together: "My children are full of joy and continue to grow and learn and love."

5. Self portrait: "I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart, and allow wonderful things to flow into my life."

6. A piano - something I want, something I enjoy: "I direct my creative talants towards that which gives me pleasure."

7. Me, meditating: "Every cell in my body vibrates with health and energy."

8. A computer, symbolizing my job: "My career flourishes."

9. A painting of what I'd like my house to look like: "Our perfect home brings us joy."

Finally, painted a flower bud growing, to symbolize my ideas and dreams starting to grow, and struggled for 2 nights to think up a phrase for the bottom:

"Plant the seed of possibility, and your dreams will blossom into reality."
#363 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Nikki that is just lovely.

I love seeing them all.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#364 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Just wanted to add that I'm LOVING seeing all of these awesome treasure maps! They're all so wonderful!
#365 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 PM

wow-- nikki, yours brought tears to my eyes! just splendid!
coyote-- yours is *brilliant*!

mine is, i am realizing, very "me"... ... you can see DS was just petting the dolphin. i think i might have to hang it lower so he can get to it better (now it's up too high for him to see).... i am blown away by the realizations i've already had, and can only imagine i'll have more!

did i miss-- did tracy post like she said she was going to, her thoughts about stuff??? i wanna hear!
#366 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachpie View Post
I just wanted to share a really beautiful thing that happened while I was preparing to make my map. This year, I seriously decluttered my home ahead of time, even down to cleaning out my spice cabinet. And I hate to clean, so this was a big big deal! I also cleaned and scrubbed my car, donated several bags of clothes, smudged with sage... you get the idea. I desperately needed to clear out my emotional house.

On the 17th I woke up raring to go-- but then things seemed to s l o w down. I checked 2 magazine stands and nothing really spoke to me. I ended up buying one mag just because I was interested in the articles-- but later at home I had no desire to cut it up! None of the images spoke to me. I also picked up a free mag from my organic grocery (why not?) along with a treat of fabulous fair trade coffee and apple scone. I sat for a while outside with ds and enjoyed our snack. I found a few small pics in the freebie mag but nothing like the number I had on my map last year. Then I happened to look at my store receipt. This is our local, very tiny organic store and they always print a quote at the bottom of the receipt. It was "When the power of love replaces the love of power, men will know peace." (Jimi Hendrix) Well somehow I knew that this was not the original quote-- so I went home and googled it and found the poem "Love" by Sri Chinmoy. I feel like this poem just sums up everything I need to pursue! It's a much more introspective feeling than my map last year generated. But I realized it is EXACTLY where I need to be moving (last year, I thought I knew what I wanted--- this year, I had no idea where to begin). Everything seemed to begin to flow once I copied down these words. Here's the full poem:

Love

When the power of love
Replaces the love of power
Man will have a new name: God.

A moment's love
Can and shall
Make the world perfect.

My Lord,
Do teach me only one thing:
How to love the world
The way You love me.

When my peace - heart dreams,
My bliss life sings.

Yesterday I was clever.
That is why I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise.
That is why I am changing myself

~Blessings to all of you!!

Wow just wow, thank you SO much for sharing :
#367 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Still looking at everyone's...
coyotebones - Wow! Just wow!

foggy - I love yours, so very well crafted!

Nikki - that's very very cool!

moosemommy - your's is so simple and yet there is a ton to look at.

Hopefully I will get mine done today and a picture up. I have a couple things to add to it still.....weird that it is taking so long to gel this time around.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#368 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Wow everyone's maps look amazing! I like how mine turned out, it doesn't look as good as some of yours but I am pretty proud of it as this is my first year treasure mapping!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0739.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0740.jpg
#369 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:40 PM

All of these maps are just gorgeous! And so inspiring! I just got a few magazines today, the other ones I have looked through were old ones I had a and a couple my mom dropped off for me, so I am ready to get through the new ones to see if more images jump out at me.

Coyotebones, that house is just amazing. Breathtaking really. Wow.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#370 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
FoG's 2007 Treasure Map: "I believe that doing starts with dreaming."
I took a picture of the whole thing and then one of each section. I made my affirmations their captions.
Awesome!! I love the colors work you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
Phew! Finally finished it up! I have it hanging in my sewing room, where I spend most of my free time.

Treasure Map, 2007
That's wonderful! I am so impressed that you painted it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Coyotebones~ View Post
Here is my treasure map. http://plainssong.blogspot.com/2007/...asure-map.html
I thought it would be fun to make it like a house.
Wow, that is SO COOL!!
#371 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 05:26 PM

I am just blown away by everyone's maps. They are so great.

I love the house idea. What did you make the actual structure out of, paper mache?

I also like how a couple of mamas here framed theirs. Great ideas.

Hopefully next year I will have more time to work on mine!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#372 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 05:36 PM

And you know what,

I get such joy out of the gorgeous amazing creative maps,

but even if yours is just a list of happy sentences, or is otherwise very simple,

it's amazing and wonderful that you made one. Yes, *YOU.*

Think of all the positive energy we are all harnessing.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#373 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton25 View Post
Wow everyone's maps look amazing! I like how mine turned out, it doesn't look as good as some of yours but I am pretty proud of it as this is my first year treasure mapping!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0739.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0740.jpg
I like yours- it's very similar to mine in the "artistic" category- and I love mine, too! It's also my first year.

All of these maps are GORGEOUS! We have some talented women here!
#374 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post

Thank you. to you - I can't imagine having to go through 2 suicides and all the thoughts and doubts that go with it.......
The only benefit to going through 2 suicides is I was more seasoned for coping with the second after the first (and the second was the ex-boyfriend- that one effected me a lot more emotionally than the first. The first did hit closer to home and impacted the entire family, though.) I was also able to help talk a few others through the initial shock faster.

back to you. It's huge to lose a sibling, even if it was a natural and expected death. A suicide just makes things so much more complex and tragic- so many questions, and you are right- the thoughts and the doubts are intense. My (now former) mother-in-law is still very scarred by it. She has PTSD from the experience (witnessed).
#375 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 06:01 PM

All I can say is wow! Your teasure maps are beautiful, and totally inspiring! I just found this 2 days ago and started mine last night-still a work in progress! I feel like the process of treasure mapping, and knowing that so many others are also in the process of completing one is like a positive, communal type of meditation and intention that makes the world feel so much smaller and connected. Wow, kinda sounds corny, but thats how I feel!
#376 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 PM

aaaagh i'm still not finished with mine!! i just haven't been able to find time to really devote to it. i still have to find a couple of pictures and take a couple too....grrr
#377 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 PM

I finished mine:
http://twentyfivebythirtyfive.blogsp...asure-map.html
and
http://twentyfivebythirtyfive.blogsp...abundance.html
If you click on the pictures, they will get bigger.
There's a funny blank spot at the top, but I'm still waiting on what goes there.

This has been a great experience - really thinking about what I want, writing down my affirmations, and putting the map together.
#378 of 543 Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post

I love the house idea. What did you make the actual structure out of, paper mache?

Yes, it is paper mache; I actually got it at a craft store. (Sorry, I can't figure out what is wrong with the edit function.)(I fixed it; thanks, Momtwice.
#379 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 AM

Coyote...

you just need one of these: [/quote]

after "paper mache?"

#380 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 AM

WOW some of these are just AMAZING!!! I never have the patience to work on the actual map for a long time, I spend three days thinking about what I want to include and then I just do it all at once.

Last year I think I had way too much stuff on mine and it was overwhelming, so this year I made a point to simplify - I included only the things I most want to focus on and visualize happening every day. Here's the result:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...i/DSC00961.jpg

The main elements are:

Home - Main focus for me here is really on my garden (something that worked great on my treasure map last year)

Work - get my non-fiction book published and in stores, get my fiction book sent to publishers for consideration

Creative Life - continue with my paintings and gather enough of them to have an art show at my church (you can reserve the Parish Room wall space to display art by request, everyone sees it because this is where they go for coffee and such). The flower and heart image is a reminder for me to cultivate my friendships and my love life so that they continue to grow and don't get forgotting.

Travel - (I know my plane is ridiculous looking but I just had no imagination for that so it looks more like a shark ) Goals here are to finally get to Thailand to see my brother and to get to Florida to visit my best friend

Health - Continue to remain vegan, get to my ideal weight through excersize and tone through strength training

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#381 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 AM

Hello Kitty,
What a pretty map. I love the flying shark! You'll have to let us know when you get the Vegan's Guide to Cape Cod done, I can buy it for my vegan brother.
#382 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
As many of you noticed, especially the old timers, the maps this year have been harder to get together. I know some of you got them out lickety split, which of course I love, (I have Aries rising) but many of you, including me, really were hokey pokey with our maps. It was either we could not find the time to do them, or we had a hard time finding the right images, or we just were unsure what we wanted, or we we just seemed to over all have a hard time gell-ing. Of course many of us eventually did get there and for all intents and purposes we completed our maps during New Moon.

As I mentioned numerous times on this thread and others, my old astrologer Buz really pressed us to finish our maps on the New but as he did say we could take longer during the waxing phase of the moon (New up until Full) if we really needed it. I can't say for sure but my overall sense of it was that Buz liked that to be the exception rather than the rule. However, I must say that I think if Buz were alive today he too would agree with me that Saturn's influence on Thursday changed the timing energy of this Treasure Map.

Saturn has been going backwards since December '06. In the sign Leo, a very vibrant "Hey look at me" sign, which of course has had people re-evaluate their place in the world or more specifically fame. How do I shine? What is my worth and place in the big world? What do I want to create-accent on "I" and "create" more than 'what'.

And it has been going backward for 5 months until Thursday April 19 (US times) right smack in the middle of the Treasure Map New moon. This should have been a flag in my book and I apologize for not getting in front of it but frankly I am actually glad I got to experience it all with you and it was somwhere on Wednesday that I thought, "what the heck is going on?" and that's when I finally looked at my ephemeris an saw that Saturn was turning direct. Bingo.
Saturn rules timing and frankly the timing of the map has been more challanging than ever for me as my personal life was just a major traffic jam. But this is how Saturn works, it slows things way down so that we can really make sure our foundations are strong.

Images of the "Three Little Pigs" comes to mind, a house of straw or sticks or a house of bricks, I think you can figure out what Saturn is all about.

So, I say all of the above to say that if you did not finish your map by Friday (the last day of NEW) that is okay. I do ask you to finish before Full but take next week to either finish it or tweak it. And if you did not even begin your map or you have friends that heard about your map and now want to do it, please tell them to go ahead start it and try to finish it next week.

That scamp, Saturn was asking us to get all our ducks in a row before some of us built or finished our maps.

And for those of you who finished your maps quickly and felt no hesitation, "Great". Perhaps Saturn has been talking to you for awhile and you did not have to slow down, like the rest of us.

All good in the astro hood.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#383 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 01:33 PM

oooh, thanks, tracy! i wonder if for me (who has been going slooooooow since i was forced to by pregnancy almost two years ago) the impact wasnt stronger by the turning 'round? i felt very *frenetic* this past week... i'd been atributing it to my finally really starting to recover from pg and surgery, finally "reblooming"-- hence all the floral images on my tm! but maybe there have been some other forces at work. i had so many revelations this past week, it's like i'm brimming over with an energy i've not had since july of 05. it's beyond amazing.

again, thank you so much for this!!!!
#384 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 PM

wow. that's some pretty amazing stuff.
#385 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Interesting! Thanks for the information. I know DH has been having a really hard time - he is Aries, April 3rd is his Birthday. I was wondering if this might be what was giving him some trouble. I did noticethings got better on Thursday - I just thought it was because it was our wedding anniversary.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#386 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Hello Kitty,
What a pretty map. I love the flying shark! You'll have to let us know when you get the Vegan's Guide to Cape Cod done, I can buy it for my vegan brother.
I surely will!!! My self imposed deadline is May 21st... hopefully I'll make that

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#387 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That scamp, Saturn was asking us to get all our ducks in a row before some of us built or finished our maps.
Ahh, that is so interesting! I finished my map last night and feel really good about it. I started Tuesday morning and it seemed there were so many obstacles to getting it done. I worked on it every chance I could, but it took a long time to decide how to put it together, and which images really meant something to me.

The interesting part is that I think I really needed the extra time because I had an amazing opportunity Friday night to hear a Buddhist teacher give a talk, and then went to sit with practitioners on Saturday to engage in part of a weekend program. I am soooo glad I did before finishing my map because I realized how import my Buddhist path is to me, how I've not given it enough attention lately (through my baby's infant year), and how I need to focus energy to it in the coming year. My map was able to reflect this thanks to not finishing by Friday before hearing the talk.

I'm quite grateful that everything fell into place timing wise and think building my map was a powerful project for me. Dh finished his today and I'm so glad he took part in this, too! Thanks to Tracy and the other mamas here for the insights and inspiration to take part in this.
#388 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 02:49 PM

That is so interesting, Tracy. I was thinking about mine a lot since tuesday (and I thought of the house idea on Wednesday). I really did not feel pressured, and just figured it would all come together; perhaps that is from being an art student for years.

But... back to the subject at hand. It wasn't until Thursday, the 19th, that I 'remembered' I had seen a paper mache house at the local craft store. I went over to check if I was remembering it right, and it was perfect. Then I found all the images, effortlessly, that same night.
#389 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy View Post
i had so many revelations this past week
Me too! i was worried about my TM because I have literally spent the last 2 yrs wandering through life w/ no idea what i wanted! although the TM was challenging work for me, i think it forced me to be honest w/ myself and acknowledge that i DESERVE the things that my heart wants.

i don't know if it was the process of TM'ing or the Saturn thing (i'm a leo, any thoughts??) but the wishy-washyiness has faded away. i just look at my map and think, "this is what I'm going to do this year...whoa...yay!"

Devon, maybe i'll see you in europe!

Here's my map.
#390 of 543 Old 04-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Tracy, thanks so much for the explanation! I woke up sick as a dog early Tuesday morning and was pretty bed-ridden Tuesday and Wednesday. Most of Thursday seemed full of obstacles, and I finally was able to get my map done last Thursday night (as an Aries, I needed to have it DONE. ). I've added little things here and there since then, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page