The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The 9 feng shui sections... should they be a certain color?

I have a green board I want to use, but I have colored paper so I can make it all whatever color.

I want to do this right if I'm gonna do it!
#62 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperMama View Post
I have been really looking forward to mapping this year. I invited several friends from my grad school study group. We're a pretty close bunch and we're all about to graduate (June 10.) I thought it would be very cool to be able to map our next year together as we enter a big time of transition. For one reason or another now only 1 is for sure coming and 1 other is a maybe and the other 4 are no's. :
First, . Being that busy can put anyone in a crappy mood. I was in a crappy mood for about a month doing a heinous gov't grant application, and when I was done it was like "Oh, there I am!" So go easy on yourself and accept that you might not be in the best mood 'til graduation day.

Also; for all you mamas in a bad mood today: do you remember how you'd wait and wait and wait for your birthday and then when it wasn't perfect you'd be upset? I remember that - and I think it can be like that with this. We build up so much excitement and then think that when things aren't absolutely magical, they're ruined. Try instead to get into the feeling of an *ordinary* day where mundane things can and do happen, but on top of all that mundaneness we get to do this ONE special thing.

Now, on to what you wrote above. I just learned a very important lesson that totally applies to your situation:

I, too, had friends & family involved in doing the TM this year. I also had DH and sis starting raw food challenge with me today. But it's tax season (family owns tax biz) and things are craaazy. DH has been increasingly un-enthused with our raw month, and keeps poo-pooing it even through it was his idea to start. THen he left this a.m. without ANY food to go to work in the fast-food capital of the Bay. Then SIL, who was coming to TM tonight, has to cancel 'cause she's up to her neck in tax forms.

This morning I was : : : at him for that, and even a little irked at SIL I must admit. I felt somehow abandoned, or betrayed, or I don't know what.

Then I took DD and we went out to Whole Foods and I got some nice crunchy-pretty magazines and a yummy raw coconut bar. And I realized - I don't need anyone else to be invested in this so long as *I* am invested. It is how *I* feel, what *I* want for this coming year, not anyone else.

I think it was a huge realization for me. That I don't have to bring others on board, kicking and screaming usually , with my life changes and dreams in order for them to be my reality.

Now I still can't let go of wanting DH to change the way he eats. : But I realized that I'll do the challenge, and my TM, without him and that he can and will find his own way. And that the best thing I can do for my whole family in my health, my dreams, my reality - is to lead by example.

So even if you are a party of 1 tonight, enjoy doing your Treasure Map! Put out snacks, light some candles, make it festive - not for your guests, but for YOU!
#63 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 PM

mamas. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in feeling : but sorry to hear so many other wonderful mamas are going through tough times too.

I have been looking forward to this for months but in the last two weeks we have all been VERY sick with a flu that just won't quit. I have two ruptured ear drums...constant pain and buzzing...and two sick kids who want to be in my arms all day. DH has been out of work for a month now and what started as an exciting opportunity to redefine ourselves has slipped into stress and short tempers.

Last night I smudged the house. Said some prayers and looked forward to this morning. I really tried to just roll with the flow. Flip through some magazines here and there. Took the kids to the "library" at our transfer station and stocked up on magazines. Finally everyone is asleep and I could start working on it but I'm just really stuck in a rut.

I'm going to go soak in the tub and not think about TM for a little while and see if maybe something will start to flow.
#64 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Add me to the crappy mood club.

The first two years I did this - I rocketed through them...found awesome images, loved looking at them.

Last year, we went out, bought all our stuff, and never made the map. We looked through magazines, never cut anything out. And for whatever reason, that felt really right last year. We felt most secure in enjoying what we had. And given that it was a new house and a new baby, that seemed pretty okay. And as I am a big believer in following your gut, I was okay with that.

As the year went on, I started to feel like there was no movement, stagnant, unplanned, slightly chaotic. Neither DH or I really knew where we were going. I probably should have pushed through the map last year. Or done one later, after the baby was born.

I have been looking forward to today. I have been trying to declutter, clean, clear and organize. And failing. Everything is feeling like an uphill battle...everything take longer with a baby, and seems like a giant fight to get anything done. And I am sick of fighting.

Today, DD was a huge challenge while we were at work (she comes to work with me) and a GIANT challenge while DH and I were getting mags. It left me feeling tired, angry, uninspired and just generally worn the hell out. I just wanted to look at *one* magazine without her ripping itout of my hands, or trying to eat it. Just one.

I think that some of the challenge here for me is that this map is about what I want. And for the first time in a long time, I can't focus solely on what I want. I have to also focus on DD, and DH and the house and...and...and. That is new for me, and it makes me cranky. Balance will be something going on my map, for sure.

It is hard to focus on what you want for yourself when the folks around you are needing you to tend to them. And it makes for a cranky, pouty day. I do sort of feel like stomping my feet and crying.

Juniper - honey, don't worry that you haven't thought about it, just focus on it tonight when you have people over. What you want will come to you - you will find things you want to put on there. These things dont' take a lot of premeditation. Thank the gods. I am so sorry you are super busy. Soon, soon it will be better. I miss you! (Jennifer and I have been friends since we were 15.. She is my bestest friend.)

I wrote some in my blog, and am feeling better. I put away the mags when I got home and won't look at them again until tonight when DD goes to bed. Hopefully that will recharge my batteries, and my inspiration. I found a couple good mags that really called to me.

I think perhaps I have rambled enough...off to knit endless miles of stockinette stitch in hopes of meditating and clearing my head a bit.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#65 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 10:08 PM

I spent the day in a bit of an uninspired slump, but it's picking up, now. I guess I'm just worried that I'm not putting the "Right" things on the map. Or the "Right" affirmations. Bleh. I also did it in a bagua format, and am worried I'm getting to hung up on putting things in the "Right" places. There are three sections that remain empty, and I'm going to use them for what feels Right (there's that damn word again!) There aren't a lot of things I want, but there are a lot of changes I want. I'll think on it tonight.

Are we allowed to show our maps when we are done? Or is that like telling your wish after you've blown out the candles on your birthday cake?
#66 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Administrator

In the past people have shown theirs. I never really felt right (that word again! ) about it, so I never have. But I think if you want to you should! I mean how much more could you put that energy out there than if you post it on the internet?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#67 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
lab

Well Darnit! : I didn't buy any magazines today? I'll get them tomorrow and start tomorrow is that good?

I've decided to use the Treasure Mapping as a way to start over. I have been very down lately and unmotivated. My brother committed suicide about 6 weeks ago and I have been unable to focus. Honestly, I can't seem to even muster energy to clean the house.....

Anyway, today is a new moon and new chapter for me. I'm going to start focusing on good memories of my brother and stop crying and hurting over his pain and tragedy.

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
#68 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 PM

On a totally unrelated note, maybe the new moon is a good time to finally get rid of that "Senior Member" title under my name and decide on something a tad more creative. I hit 1k EONS ago, and still can't think of anything appropriate to stick under there. It's starting to bother me.
#69 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM

I got the morning started with a nice walk to school and had a good long walking meditation on what I REALLY want to bring into my life this year and I'm feeling inspired :

I got started cutting out pics a little while ago...found some awesome pics & phrases that are going to be just PERFECT! Something I really wanted on my map was my garden (i'm a newbie veggie gardener) and found Great pics to show the wonderful garden I WILL have this year..and DH & I want to get a siberian Husky around the end of the year, and I was flipping thru the pet section of a home mag and found a picture of one.. what are the chances of that! It's small but I'm stoked that I found exactly what we want : Going grocery shopping tonight when DH gets home and I'm making a stop at the news agent and will see what mags leap out at me there, as well as get my board, glue stick & asst things to glam my map up a bit

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#70 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 AM

I was feeling frustrated and unmotivated today, because it was not going as I had planned. I finally got out to get magazines with my mom at 3, and only found one thing that wasn't that great. I forced myself to go out after I got DS in bed, and *poof* there was the inspiration. In the grocery store! I found 4 magazines (some of which I would *never* get) and came home and went cutting crazy!!

Now here's a question.. I don't really *know* what I want for the next year. I want to focus on following my spiritual path (and finding it in the first place!) and creating more peace and tranquility in my life.. but beyond that I don't know at all. It's quite difficult!

I seem to have cut out lots of pictures of beaches, and quite a few more words than pictures. Hmm.....

ETA: Another question - Is not putting anything money related on your TM a bad thing? I don't really want anything money or material items on my map for some reason.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#71 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 AM

I had a FANTASTIC mapping experience!! My two best friends came over and did it with me... when I first brought it up a few months ago they were skeptical but the past few days we've all been super psyched!

I used colored paper to back each area of the Ba Gua. I found tons of great pics but may end up adding more...

The only area I kind of struggled with was "fame and reputation"... what did YOU put in this area?
#72 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 AM

I just finished mapping for now. What a great day it was. There was so much energy here. This morning my dd2 and I went through the house room by room and invited positive energy in and cleansed the air.

We worked on our maps this afternoon. DD1 made one for herself too. My map didn't follow the Feng Shui plan, it had an orientation all of it's own.

What an amazing experience. I have been thinking about what I wanted to include in my treasure map for a few weeks already, since these threads started here, and as I was assembling my map, I realized some of the things had already started developing for me. It was lovely.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

#73 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 AM

Today was my birthday. I spent the morning cleaning up and eating well then spent some time working on afirmations for the nine baguas on my clean dining room table.

I told a girlfriend about TM last night over birthday beers and she seemed interested in doing one too.

Then when DH came home from studying (with a bouqet of gerber daisies for my bday!) I read him my affirmations and he wanted to do a TM too (totally bizarre for him as a staunch atheist and anti-anything-woo-woo)!

Then I dropped off the pile of donation stuff at Goodwill while eating peanut butter sandwiches with my boys (this was the last of the whole house declutter).

When we got home DH finished up my favorite meal and then I was off to Stitch N Bitch. In mentioning the TM again, three more friends decided they might do one and I wrote down the baguas for them. When I got home tonight, DH was just finishing getting all his images (we're doing them in photoshop). I put Bastian to bed and now I'm downloading the photos I took today to get started. I feel pretty relaxed.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#74 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
The only area I kind of struggled with was "fame and reputation"... what did YOU put in this area?
Last year I found amazing quotes in O Magazine- one said "Educate a woman and you transform the world." I think fame and reputation is very important- who are you in the world, what do you stand for? What do you want to be remembered for, what do you speak to?

Come on women! These Treasure Maps are our access to the power to transform the planet!

Maureen
#75 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Administrator

lab - I am sorry to hear about your brother.

Anna - Happy Birthday!!!! :

#76 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 AM

Subbing to the new thread.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#77 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post
Well Darnit! : I didn't buy any magazines today? I'll get them tomorrow and start tomorrow is that good?
totally. u have until friday morning to really start. or if u wish end. so u r good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab View Post
I have been very down lately and unmotivated. My brother committed suicide about 6 weeks ago and I have been unable to focus. Honestly, I can't seem to even muster energy to clean the house.....

Anyway, today is a new moon and new chapter for me. I'm going to start focusing on good memories of my brother and stop crying and hurting over his pain and tragedy.
oh lab s its gonna be 20 years this year and i still cry. i hope you can start focusing on ur bro's good memories. but remember its v. healthy to cry too. i have a hard time crying. but i feel deeply within. so some days i have a grin remembering my bro's antics and somedays my heart breaks. at work esp. i have shards of glass going thru me when i see this one young man who soooo reminds me of my brother.

when i am really down i set a place setting for him adn invite him to join us for dinner. and then i tell my 4 1/2 year old stories of my bro whom she resembles a lot, more now in personality. on those ocassions our dinner could last over an hour.

i am almost done with my TM. i spent a focused 6 hours on it when my dd was at her dads. i love love it. what is so interesting is for my 'new' man i used a picture of a wolf. that wolf has something about the eyes that tells me there is something there. it was from this years calendar. nothing else matches the feeling of hte picture for me. and then i put couples around it to define what flavour i want from that relationship. unfortunately i couldnt find any pictures of pregnant women so i used eggs. for some reason i also have just eyes on my map.

my map when i actually get down to it, alwyas seem to surprise me. last year i was going to do pictures. but instead it was all words in multicolour.

i went with my gut too this time. i didnt put from every 9 baguas but went with my gut. this year my focus was finding a man and marriage. and more positive growth for me - joy and peace - and finding good friends. i also have a hawk that i had to add for vision. i even found a perfect picture of what i wanted for spiritual helper. it so totally surprised me.

this time i just had decided i would have man in the center. and then go with my gut to do the rest. its interesting looking at it to see waht is important to me. which i had no idea when i was starting up.

last time i was v. excited. this time i was filled with deep peace. but now that it is almost finished i am finally excited. yeah!!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#78 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Wow, CC, you work FAST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
The 9 feng shui sections... should they be a certain color?

I have a green board I want to use, but I have colored paper so I can make it all whatever color.

I want to do this right if I'm gonna do it!
http://www.buy-utah.com/images/graphics/Bagua.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
On a totally unrelated note, maybe the new moon is a good time to finally get rid of that "Senior Member" title under my name and decide on something a tad more creative. I hit 1k EONS ago, and still can't think of anything appropriate to stick under there. It's starting to bother me.

Me too!

A couple of community members and I spent the evening cutting out photos from many many magazines...I felt that it was a good start, it helped me to gain some clarity on what I wanted. I wasn't sure! But then I really started knowing what I wanted, an then it sort of opened like floodgates...and I'm wondering will there be room on my map for all of it?

After I cme home and made a paper list to make sure I was really clear on what I wanted, and that I was representing it all.

Is there any limit to how much we ought to put on there? I really seem to have a broad list of things I want in the coming year. Some material, some about me and loving myself, some about my marriage and joy and peace, some about pampering myself.

I don't want a cluttered map, and at the same time, all of these things are really important to me. Thoughts?
#79 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 AM

i've felt a strong sense of healing while doing my map. this brings me joy and hope, for i've recently come to some VERY painful realizations and face a difficult road ahead of me.

dh took dd to see his family so i had the afternoon and evening to myself. it was a gorgeous day so i opened the blinds and windows to let the energy flow. i was able to get a lot accomplished and did even more once dh went to bed. i needed to do this on my own without fear of distraction or discretion.
#80 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM

I have not started cutting or assembling, but i printed out Tracy's initial post along with some information from the feng shui thread. Last night, I took a bath and read it just before I went to bed. This morning I remembered something I want to put on my map -- a new mattress. The mattress we have now is 8 years old and is saggy in the center. Neither DH or I have been sleeping very well, and I think this is a big part of the reason. In addition, we now sleep on opposite sides of this king size bed because the thing is sloping so much in the center that only the very edges are comfortable. We used to sleep cuddled up together. The number one thing going on my map this year is a baby! The mattress we currently have would not be appropriate for a baby because it has a soft pillow top on it that a baby will sink into too much.

So when you have something like this that affects multiple areas -- in my case health, love, and children -- do you put it on your map in all those areas?
#81 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 AM

My map seems to be very general (as in nothing I specifically desire apart from a new car), is this ok? I'm drawn to opening spiritually, practicing yoga and meditating more and enjoying my family so all my quotes and images are similar.

5yr old ds is sat here with me cutting pics out of mags and choosing quotes : , the energy in our home if flowing
#82 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 AM

Is anyone else feeling the circle shape this year? I made my map a circle, which was a first for me.

I forget who asked, but I just applied the bagua to the circle. There is another one, specifically for a circle, but I didn't have it with me last night at my girlfriends house.

I was really feeling just blah yesterday. After planning an excursion into the city to meet up with some girlfriends I almost canceled my trip just 3 hours before it started. My husband and my friend motivated me, but I really didn't want to go. I am glad i did. It was fun.
#83 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Can I cut words out of my old magazines? I have some specific words I want on my TM but none are in my new mags
#84 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
Is anyone else feeling the circle shape this year? I made my map a circle, which was a first for me.

I.
Yes I envisioned drawing a large circle or smaller circles connected somehow in the Feng Shui grid. Interesting.

We bought our magazines yesterday. I'm never sure if I should take the kids with me or not, but they make their own maps and Ron was working last night so I didn't even have a choice. I chose English Country Home or something like that, Ben chose a bunny magazine and Ellie chose The Show Circuit magazine about riding and showing horses! We live in the suburbs but her biggest dream is to own a horse and ride him competitively. It was probably the most expensive magazine on the stand, but I tried not to be negative I need another actually because there aren't enough garden or nature pictures in mine.

greenegirl, I think I'd put the mattress in your health and/ or home sections. Maybe include an affirmation on sleeping well and feeling rested?

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#85 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Can I cut words out of my old magazines? I have some specific words I want on my TM but none are in my new mags
I'm not sure. I am thinking about using some garden pictures from mags that came in the last week or so. I'm trying to stick to new ones, but it's hard. How about writing the words?

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#86 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 AM

Finished cutting & almost done arranging, but had to post this because I was really excited.

I kept finding pictures of hummingbird & felt really drawn to them. I ended up with 9 hummingbirds & felt to put one in each area. It was not a typical symbol that I am drawn to so I looked it up in one of my dream dictionaries & here is what I found:

"Tasting the sweet nectar of life. Endurance. Also, based on the way that hummingbirds can hover in one place, a dream about a hummingbird can mean you're actually making progress even when it seems you're stuck - or that you're in a natural lull or rest period, and you'll begin making progress soon."

(bolded area my emphasis) WOW!! Anyone else find them drawn to anything interesting & unexpected?
#87 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Subbing and going back to my magazines...

Valérie   
#88 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post

Yes.

you can cut out sentances, captions, headline, bylines.. whatever speaks to you. And of course you can write your own affirmations.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#89 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am moving much slower this year. There is so much going on right now in my life that is NOT Treasure Map related that being able to build it quickly is just not an option... interesting to me, I think the universe is making me really take my time and be measured about what I want.

by the way---is it me, or is Sara Jessica Parker and her hair color ad in every magazine?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#90 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
chiming in to say thanks for all the helpful links because i, too, am in the doldrums now that the anticipation buzz has worn off. i feel so uninspired and disconnected from spirit.
and i also am feeling "circle" design is important.... wonder what this means

and i liked what you posted, Tracy, that it's like giving birth. but, the problem is still there- it doesn't completely eradicate the tension/anxiety because we only have a certain amount of time - birth can happen whenever and that's just fine, the baby will come, but for those of us who are blocked, waiting and wondering isn't all that good because we have a time limit.

who's got an affirmation or mantra that we can use to relax and let the flow start?

any insights?

this afternoon i am going to use my theta-state maditation CD and see if i can't get some creativity flowing....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page