The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraboosMama View Post
I had two come to me today from an unexpected source: My SIL got Dd 2 Laurie Berkner CD's for b'day (I was not that familiar w/ her - we are not big tv watchers: ) and we've been listening to them quite a bit. So -

In light of the new moon energy "Moon, Moon, Moon, I can see...Moon, Moon, Moon, You're taking care of me!" And from the song "Mahalo" (which is a Hawaiian word that means thank you/gratitude) "Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo for everything (to everyone, etc)" This is especially significant to me...I having been trying to cultivate gratitude - and specifically MAHALO in my life...the two ideas really gave me a boost
I have no idea who she is, either But I found her on YouTube after reading this - not those songs, but "I'm Gonna Catch You", and she has such great energy!

barefoot mama -
#122 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
I have been wanting to do it in a circle, too! I want to find something round to glue things on.... maybe one of the pizza places in town have round pieces of cardboard.... I was originally thinking of doing it as an astrological wheel, as I am into that, and the different areas of life are represented, much like the bagua. I may still do that. Yesterday I bought magazines and cut out lots of things, but I still wasn't sure what I was doing... Then lying in bed last night I had this idea to draw myself in the middle, and put the other things around me, affirmations and pictures. And that feels good. I've been focusing lately on loving myself and my body, so it fits. I know there are pieces I've yet to find for the map, and I also know I'll find them and have them all in place in time.

Which doesn't leave me time for reading all of this thread and my LoA thread, too.... But I'll check in when I can! Happy mapping! OR should I say treasure-ing?
Wow, I am doing something very similiar. I had started with a rectangular grid shape...and it morphed into a circle with me in the center. I chose to match the baguas to the 4 quarters, and even leaned towards pictures and words that matched the quarter colors. (yellow=east, red= south, blue=west, green=north)

How interesting that so many of us went with a circle.
#123 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:07 PM

5yr old ds has finished his map, its awesome He chose the words 'Live Your Dream' from a mag and stuck them under his pic, he has lots of other fun and inspirational bits on there too : Now to get baby to sleep and work on mine!
#124 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:15 PM

I got the small size of poster board for my map, but I think it might be too small. Either I need to get a bigger size, or I need to pare down the amount of stuff I wantto put on there. It's actually not a ton of different stuff, but lots of images of beautiful home spaces and gardens, and some of the images I clipped are quite large. This is my first year doing this. Any suggestions?

I have the parts laid out on top of the small posterboard and I am letting it percolate some!

Another question: when the moon goes void of course tonight, how long will it remain void of course?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#125 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveandkindness View Post
I just had to share that my DD (who will be 4 next month) made her treasure map too and put all sorts of neat things on it, from materialistic (shoes that light up like her friend has) to relationships (wants to visit her grandparents) to emotional (she saw a picture of a mom holding hands with a child, then she cut out just the hands for her map, and said it was for how she feels with me). As we were looking at it last night before bed I got tears in my eyes. Then of course this morning I had to laugh when she raced out of bed looking for "the shoes the universe brought me"!!
My ds1 is exactly the same, made me realise he has total faith in the process (I can learn a lot from him!! )

Your dd sounds so sweet, I'm glad she enjoyed TMing
#126 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
I am sorry if that is what you read.
It isn't what I read. I was just explaining what feels right to me.

I purchased one magazine because I knew it would be a good one with a lot of positive messages in it. Though I didn't have much money to spend, I was planning on buying a few more. After an hour of browsing, no other ones stood out for me. Yet a few I had at home, and a few even well loved ones I really connected with. So I used some new images, and some old ones that really spoke to my spirit.

I do think the intention is whats most important.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#127 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Another question: when the moon goes void of course tonight, how long will it remain void of course?
Moon goes void of course at 7:20pmEDT until Thursday at 11:51am EDT
subtract one hour for CDT, two for MDT and 3 for PDT

I haven't been reading this thread much, as I have my friend's kids here along with ds today, but I got this message in an e-mail, so jumped in with the astrology info.
gtg now
#128 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 04:00 PM

For the astrologically inept, what does void of course mean? How is this relevant to our mappy goodness?
#129 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
For the astrologically inept, what does void of course mean? How is this relevant to our mappy goodness?
:
#130 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I have been surprised that I've cut out very few pictures, but tons of words and quotes!!!

I guess this map is really 'speaking' to me!!!
: I have that happening as well. The first image that really struck me was of a stream/river bubbling along. On my drive home today I thought of this:

Quote:
Draw Paint Knit Write Sew Dye Create

My creativity flows alongside my spiritual path, full of my gushing emotion.
Does that make any sense? Is it an affirmation.. or some random thing that came to me?

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#131 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
Is anyone else feeling the circle shape this year? I made my map a circle, which was a first for me.

I forget who asked, but I just applied the bagua to the circle. There is another one, specifically for a circle, but I didn't have it with me last night at my girlfriends house.

I was really feeling just blah yesterday. After planning an excursion into the city to meet up with some girlfriends I almost canceled my trip just 3 hours before it started. My husband and my friend motivated me, but I really didn't want to go. I am glad i did. It was fun.
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this (i have not read all the posts) but there is the wheel of life ... i have seen it done different ways but here is a link to one:

http://www.true2youlifecoaching.com/wheeloflife.html

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#132 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

but the energy with the most oomph is the new. And I don't want to belabor astrology..but if you know any aries personality they really move quickly because so much of that aries energy is about ---harnessing inner instinct, trusting it, and going for it! That is why making a decision and moving on it is valuable... that is why if you can build it between now and Friday you will be moving like an aries during aries new moon.... it is about instinct and trust. Probably two of the most important traits one can access.
I'm an aries, that's usually what I do. That actually came up today in my coaching group. Someone said i have a casualness about doing big things. Like - oh, ok, I'll just do that. No huge plan, just do it.

I just printed off a picture of myself for my TM. Then I'll work on it some more tonight.
I'm having a wonderful day today - money coming in, 2 reporters calling me to quote me in articles, and my friend working on getting an article about me in the local paper. One of my goals has been to be more in the media, and it's happening!
#133 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 PM

How specific is too specific for a TM? I didn't cut any pictures yet, but I wrote down a bunch of the things I am looking for in the next year last night and I was wondering how pointed I should make the requests. One in particular is a safe birth of a healthy baby in June. I had listed peaceful, joyful, beautiful birth and then added safe to add to it. My idea of a safe, beautiful, joyful, peaceful birth is one with no interventions and is a vertex vaginal birth -- does that need to be on there or is that in the intention of the first part?

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#134 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:54 PM

I'm having a horrible day. Yesterday I had a sever backache that is still hanging on a bit today, but has mostly morphed into a serious head-and-neck ache. My head hurts so bad. My 5-month-old is teething fiercely and just crying and fussing most of the time and hasn't slept much. In fact he woke up the 2yo from his nap too. I've had the 2yo in front of the TV almost all day. I just want to crawl back into bed and wake up tomorrow! This is NOT normal for me, I am wondering what energy is affecting so negatively? I know I'm not the only one having a weirdly bad day today. I am trying to stay positive.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#135 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I'm having a horrible day. Yesterday I had a sever backache that is still hanging on a bit today, but has mostly morphed into a serious head-and-neck ache. My head hurts so bad. My 5-month-old is teething fiercely and just crying and fussing most of the time and hasn't slept much. In fact he woke up the 2yo from his nap too. I've had the 2yo in front of the TV almost all day. I just want to crawl back into bed and wake up tomorrow! This is NOT normal for me, I am wondering what energy is affecting so negatively? I know I'm not the only one having a weirdly bad day today. I am trying to stay positive.
Let me know if you figure it out! I swear there's something weird going on today.
I hope you feel better.
#136 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 PM

Tracy - I never knew that about the picture! The only decent pic was taken of me when I had a really bad cold. Somehow that strikes me as not the best pic to put on the treasure map.

I do hav ea question though. This year my map is mostly words and phrases. It i very "macro" so to speak. But in one way, I don't want my specific desires to get lost. Can I write specific intentions on the back of my map"
#137 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 PM

On second thought, I wonder if I am internalizing some of my upset emotions about the VT shooting. It really upset me, and maybe on some level it feels wrong to be positive when other people are hurting so much. I think my headache and backache might be subconciously in solidarity with those that lost loved ones. I feel so bad for them, and worried about this world, so I manifest those feelings in my body. Sorry if this is OT.

I think it's just hard having TMing right after such a tragedy. Any thoughts on that?

#138 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Let me know if you figure it out! I swear there's something weird going on today.
I hope you feel better.
Thank you Jen. You too.

#139 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
On second thought, I wonder if I am internalizing some of my upset emotions about the VT shooting. It really upset me, and maybe on some level it feels wrong to be positive when other people are hurting so much. I think my headache and backache might be subconciously in solidarity with those that lost loved ones. I feel so bad for them, and worried about this world, so I manifest those feelings in my body. Sorry if this is OT.

I think it's just hard having TMing right after such a tragedy. Any thoughts on that?
YK, this is an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that. I do not follow news anymore, and I don't watch TV (well, only 1 hour a week), so I just know a little about what goes on based on what the little blurbs on Yahoo tell me. So I thought I was going to let it go easily, but when I read this, it struck a chord in me. Dh and I had briefly spoken about how horrible it was that there were suddenly all these parents without children (and brothers and sisters who lost a sibling). New members of our "club", as he put it, that no one wants to belong to. So sad.

I think you are right. I think this is my problem, too.
#140 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I swear, the universe must be holding out on some really good magazines for me. I have saved every junk mail mag/catalog we have gotten for the last 2 weeks, and I went thru them yesterday and only cut out a few things that spoke to me, I thought I would run up to the little sotre about 10 miles away, and see what they had today, so I did that and they had none left, and no milk either, but I did have a good esspresso and chat :LOL. I have to go into town tomarrow afternoon, and will stop somewhere and pick some up, but I doubt I will get my TM done before next week, because I am doing a big craft fair all day Sat, and a horse clinic on sunday, and I need to get ready for the craft fair, and go get my horse out of the winter pasture and bring him in closer to the house so I can catch him on Sunday, which all have to be done on Friday.

I am also feeling a circular pattern, with the different sections radiating out from the center, like the spokes of a wheel.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#141 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia105 View Post
How specific is too specific for a TM? I didn't cut any pictures yet, but I wrote down a bunch of the things I am looking for in the next year last night and I was wondering how pointed I should make the requests. One in particular is a safe birth of a healthy baby in June. I had listed peaceful, joyful, beautiful birth and then added safe to add to it. My idea of a safe, beautiful, joyful, peaceful birth is one with no interventions and is a vertex vaginal birth -- does that need to be on there or is that in the intention of the first part?
I'm not expert, but I have been following and absorbing as much as possible since just after TM time last year, and it goes both ways - specific is good, but can be bad if it leaves too little room for the universe (god, nature, great spirit, etc) to have creative room to provide. i.e. an example someone used was putting a man on her map because she wanted a mate, and she got one, but he was ambivalent about wanting to be with her, so next year she put that she wanted one who would stay and they married but ended up miserable and divorced because he didn't really want to stay (against his will, sort of) or another example was someone who puts the idea of DH getting a job at XYZ company and then is miserable (and makes the family miserable) because he hates the job or works ALL the time or something. so it's about the end result qualities but you can't be tied up in the means.
you want a reciprocally fulfilling relationship (vs. a man who stays) or a job for DH that provides well enough and makes him feel happy and fulfilled (instead of at some specific company making a certain amount).
so your birth wishes seem to work from what I have gotten out of all the posts so far, i would leave out details such as vaginal and vertex and leave just the qualities.
DTH?
#142 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 PM

I finished!

I worked all day on it. Here it is. I did it electronically and posted the details below the big pic there. I love it sooo much. Much much better than last year's. This is so me.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#143 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
looks awesome!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#144 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Very cool, Anna!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#145 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
I finished!

I worked all day on it. Here it is. I did it electronically and posted the details below the big pic there. I love it sooo much. Much much better than last year's. This is so me.
I love it!!
#146 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
does that need to be on there or is that in the intention of the first part?
keep the intention- a happy, joyous birth. The rest will follow. The Universe knows what it is doing ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
I finished!

Magnificent!!!
#147 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 PM

All the posted maps are so lovely!

Anna, are you going to print yours or keep it on the computer? The detail images could be great screensaver slides too!
#148 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
All the posted maps are so lovely!

Anna, are you going to print yours or keep it on the computer? The detail images could be great screensaver slides too!
I put it as the background on the desktop. I was thinking of printing it out too, though. Either as pieces to put up on the wall where last year's map is or to bind it to carry with me in my purse as someone mentioned in the previous thread. I haven't decided yet.

Thanks everyone!

#149 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Go with what speaks to you. If your gut says you need to ask for all of that, then put it on there. If you feel that it's pretty well covered by requesting something more general like joy, then go with that. It's up to you. Your thoughts and intention are what counts. What images mean to you. Does that help?

#150 of 543 Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 PM

A few people have mentioned they were having a hard time starting, or were having generally bad moods. I just wanted to say that it may be because your subconscious realizes that in order to receive the things you are wishing on your Treasure Map, you will have to go through some pain first. Such as the person who asks for being fulfilled in her job, and then gets fired a week later. It hurts and is hard, but then 2 months later she is offered her dream job. . . she needed to lose the job she had to get her dream job. So some people will find this year that they are headed for divorce (to get the right relationship) or foreclose on their home (to move to the perfect place), etc. Sometimes you face bad times to get your life where it should be. I don't want to deter anyone from making their map, but just wanted to give you a "heads up" of why you may be feeling the way you do.

You just need to remember, as you're slogging through the crap, that the universe does indeed have great things in store for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page