The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Also, where do you put material things? Most of the map is spiritual/personal in nature, but there are a few things like.. a bed, and a camcorder that we really would like. Which category would they go in best?
I was wondering this too, I made the executive decision to put these in the "money" spot, since it usually takes money to get things and things are worth money, LOL!
#242 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 AM

I was up till 130 working on it last night and had to go to bed lol so I finished it earlier today and it's awesome! http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/CariOfOz/tm.jpg This is the first year I've done one and it was a great experience!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#243 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:18 AM

I did it too I could not stop smiling as I was pasting it all together

I would do it every month just for the sheer fun and joy of it!

So... may I share? My 2007 Treasure Map
#244 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:21 AM

Cari, I love yours! So vibrant and... Feng Shui !
#245 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:25 AM

Thanks Irina.. I didn't really follow the bagua or anything, but it sort of felt that way to me too : Must get 3m hanging strips to put it up with now!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#246 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:26 AM

Whee! I finished my map!!!

I was feeling crabby tonight after a meeting at my kids' school; a woman I want to be friends with said a couple of things that bothered me. When my dh got home from his class the kids were asleep and I was messing around on the computer. I had told dh earlier that I had several projects to work on today and not much time. When he got home he asked me what the projects were ('cause I laughed when he got home and said, as you can see, I'm working hard on my projects). I told him the other two things I need to work on, and then I said, "And I need to finish that," and pointed at my foam board and pictures I cut out on the 17th. He said, "Ah, babe, you really need to work on it! I know how much it means to you and I would hate for you to be disappointed that you didn't finish it."

That was all the motivation I needed.

Once I started working on it, I got excited again. I went with my instinct and put the pictures where they felt right. Then I dumped them all on the floor and started gluing them. As I was gluing, I tweaked a little more. I put three pictures on as backgrounds, just because I loved them so much; one was a photograph of space from Discovery magazine and the other two were triskeles I printed from the internet. I plan on getting a triskele for my next tattoo, so they mean a lot to me. Oh, and I found two tiny triskeles in a magazine (I was so excited to find them!) and I put them on there too.

After all the pictures were on, I sat down and wrote out my intention statements (erm, is that what they are called? my desires? hmm, my haves? ). Then I used the new sparkly gel pens I bought and wrote key words all over the treasure map. That didn't feel like enough, so on the back I wrote out all my intentions again, with the sparkly pens.

Man, I am just so excited and happy, I'm so glad I decided to do this!! Thank you everyone for all the ideas and tips, I really appreciated reading them!

namaste,
cloudspinning
#247 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
All my pictures are there...but not stuck down. Poor DH hasn't had any time to work on his. So we won't quite be getting them done by "deadline". Reassure me that it is still worth finishing up and that it is still a good idea to do them. I used to get this way about homework too...kind of like well, i missed the due date, so why bother? Bad habit - and yes, I got bad grades.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#248 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 05:01 AM

YES! Definitely finish it... once you get started gluing and it takes shape you'll be SO into it, even if it IS a tad late! And Tracey said it's ok to take a little longer as long as it's done by the full moon I believe right?!?!

#249 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmoder View Post
ack! mamas! I want to put in an affirmation for financial freedom, and I keep thinking of all the scenarios where those finances come because someone dies ... not at all what I want!!!

Any ideas on how to do that affirmation?

thanks a bunch

Barbara
I am so happy and grateful that abundant money comes to me in positive ways.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#250 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View Post
Also, where do you put material things? Most of the map is spiritual/personal in nature, but there are a few things like.. a bed, and a camcorder that we really would like. Which category would they go in best?
I have two material things on my map -- binoculars and a mattress. The binoculars I put in the money section. The mattress I put in the health section.

My father is a birdwatcher and now that my parents have moved from MA to FL, I want to spend more time birdwatching with him. I was going to buy new binoculars in January, which is when we found out they were moving, but was waiting to find out if DH was going to be laid off and didn't want to spend the money at that time. I tried out several different binoculars however, and know exactly which ones I want. For the Treasure Map, I went to the website of the company that makes them and printed off a picture of that exact pair of binoculars. I currently have binoculars and these new ones are an upgrade. They are really a want, not a need.

The mattress is different. DH and I are both having problems sleeping well and have for some time. I strongly believe the mattress is the problem. It is saggy in the middle. You have to lay right on the edge, at the top of the mountiain or in the valley of the sag or you are on an angle, which I find uncomfortable. We really need better rest. But the mattress is not the only thing we need in order to be better rested. There are other issues too -- we both go to bed way too late. So I put the mattress in health because it is something we need for better health and because it symbolizes a state of restedness in addition to the material item.

So this is a long explanation to say I think material items can go in multiple areas of your map, depending on what your intentions and desires are for that item. Some things may be a want and those things I would put in the money section. Other things might be connected to a variety of different issues and be a symbol for more than what they appear on the surface. I would put those things in an area more involved with the meaning behind the material item.
#251 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 AM

I'm so amazed at the differences in the TM's shown so far. I can't wait to get mine finished and share it

Mom to DD 14 and DS 12
#252 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 AM

Adina-- finish, finish! It'll be fine-- trust yourself, trust that this slower timeframe was the best way to make the map, for you, this year. Everything is working out in the best way possible for YOU. Your map is going to be great!

Personally, it all started coming together for me as I sat down and glued things on the board, and I felt so much better when it was done.

One cute story-- my 2.5yo was helping me at the very end (eek!) and he picked up a cut-out word that said "love" that I was planning to put in the romance section. I asked him where it should go and he stuck it over the heart of the happy little boy image in the children and creativity section. I thought that was very intuitive of him! It was perfect.

I LOVE seeing everyone's maps! Thank you to everyone who has shared links!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#253 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 AM

Ok I have a problem, I have a blank space on my map and no idea what to fill it with?? I have no inspiration and I wanted to finish it by noon today but I'll only be home another half hour or so.

I love my map though, it's so exactly what I wanted it to be.

:

Mom to DD 14 and DS 12
#254 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 AM

I have a question about my map.

It's done. (I think) I just put the very last thing on it. It was a check from the Universe. But that check ended up being right in the center, just above where I have the word TRUST. So when I look at it, it makes me feel weird. Because my family stuff is off to the side and I really want that to be central to my life. Should I move the check? Its glued on, so it wouldn't be easy, but I can do it. What do you think?
#255 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM

What time does the TM have to be finished by?
#256 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM

From Tracy's first post on this thread:

Quote:
until Friday April 20
12:49p EDT
11:49a CDT
10:49a MDT
9:49 a PDT
#257 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 AM

i don't think i'll be able to finish mine by 12:49pm. will it still be worth it to finish it even if it's not done by then??? i can't imagine it would be moot after that, right?
#258 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalily View Post
Wow, you should look to see if you still have your old ones. Look back on what you wanted then and how you got it (or something better).
I think I wanted Sting or C. Thomas Howell to be my boyfriend. That didn't really work out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
i don't think i'll be able to finish mine by 12:49pm. will it still be worth it to finish it even if it's not done by then??? i can't imagine it would be moot after that, right?
If you can't finish by that time, you have until the full moon I think.
#259 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 AM

ok...thank you...i'm reeeeally gonna try to finish it before 12:49pm but with a 4yo and a 1yo who want to "help" it's a verrrrrrry slooooow process. i'm quite happy for rowan to make his own, but my 16mo is just....um...not craft friendly yet. : and she's got a temper. LMAO!!
#260 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM

Since all I've done is cut a few pics out of magazines, I definitely won't finish by 12:49. I have to do errands this morning.
#261 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:53 AM

I won't finish by then either. I have to go to work soon, and I can't find my glue stick. I had about 6 of them at one point... And tonight I'm going to see the Jane Eyre play put on by the Acting Company. I am thrilled, that is my favorite book so I figure my TM can wait until tomorrow to be completed. All the pictures are cut out and arranged, just a few finishing touches are needed.
#262 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM

oh sweet! i love jane eyre! my all time favorite book, i think.
#263 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 AM

Mine is almost done, but I won't be able to finish it until tonight. :

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#264 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tracy (or anyone who can answer), If I finished my map last night but realized that it does not feel complete or accurate in the mom/kids realm (family and relationships) can I change it? Are there cautions I have to take to modify, if it's okay to do it?
#265 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Hey IncaMama! I'm up here in Vermont doing my treasure mapping too Good to see you on here!

I am going to have to finish up tonight I think...I really wanted to get it done by the end time, but we have a story time at the library that I don't want to have the kidlets miss just so I can do finishing touches before 12:49

So I am sure hoping that the 'soft ending' time is ok, 'cause I've put a lot into this!
#266 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
did any of you feel like doing a second map? i was sitting down to complete my first map when i really felt the urge to just take my priority and do another smaller map only of my no. 1 priority. it was sooooo much fun doing it. i did it from a place of hope and yearning listening to green day. i was singing and dancing and finishing my map. now off to finish my orginal one.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#267 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM

I hope Tracy will weigh in on this, but after reading so many people ask this in the last 2 pages, I just wanted to say that my philosophy is - YES - finish your maps!

What a tragedy it would be to start them and then not finish because you feel you're not "on schedule"!

I did one last year and loved it all year long, looked forward to this year's and then haven't had any privacy or energy for my map this week. I am not going to push it! I don't want to bring my low energy into my map, so I will be doing mine tomorrow when I am alone and have time to think, and I know it will be perfect.

A lot of you said you started them already, anyway, and I seem to remember last year that Tracy mentioned that you can modify them up until the full moon.

Jen - if you're not comfortable with the check where it is, move it, cover it, or maybe "ground" it to another area on the map! I think it's most important for you to feel a terrific vibration when you see your map.

just my 2 cents!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#268 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and also, about the picture of me - i didn't see this until after i finished, but there is the back of woman that i liked and i used it to symbolize me. is that enough or does it have to be me? and do i have to get a new picture (since aries NM) or can i use one that's a few weeks old?
HELP! I only have a few hours!!!!!!!!!!
#269 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
Tracy (or anyone who can answer), If I finished my map last night but realized that it does not feel complete or accurate in the mom/kids realm (family and relationships) can I change it? Are there cautions I have to take to modify, if it's okay to do it?
yes you can change it.

I gotta say.. my board is almost done.. got up early to work on it...waiting for coffee to percolate now...and I am not sure if it is totally gelled right now..or even when we cross into crescent.

i gotta say the energy is definitely curious this aries new moon.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#270 of 543 Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
and also, about the picture of me - i didn't see this until after i finished, but there is the back of woman that i liked and i used it to symbolize me. is that enough or does it have to be me? and do i have to get a new picture (since aries NM) or can i use one that's a few weeks old?
HELP! I only have a few hours!!!!!!!!!!

Add the photo. Put it anywhere on your board.
you still have about 2.5 hours. It is still new right now!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page