The Official 2007 Treasure Map! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all---I want to let everyone know that I wrote an article about Treasure Mapping for my friend's website. So for those of you who want to share this information without sending people to your own private hideaway (Mothering) may send people to this link... so your friends and family can also know how to Treasure Map. (My Gift to you--after many requests LOL).

EDITED TO ADD:
If you can please ask your friends when they go here to register..it is free by the way...but by registering it will help me figure out if people are even reading it. I am trying to figure out how much interest there is in my writing..this is a good way. Thank you!

http://www.margaretwendt.com/

(click on WHY IS APRIL 17 SO IMPORTANT)

This is the official Treasure Mapping 2007 page. We have been discussing it now for months.... but just to remind everyone about a Treasure Map..lets go over it again..

Frequently asked Qs and As.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS A TREASURE MAP?

A treasure map is a collage made of photos, magazines pictures, words, pieces of things that make sense to you...whatever you want and you put them on a foam core board or just cardboard or just something strong that can handle the collage...you put them all together so you can look at it...it will be a MAP of what you want for the coming year.

what do you mean, "what do I want for the coming year?"
Exactly what it says. Do you want a new house, a new living room, better health, stronger marriage, reconnect with people, a bigger family, a bigger community? do you want to write your book? do you want a new car? what is it you want?
Do you even know what you want? If you are like many of us, you are so busy running around, taking care of everyone else that you might not have a fig of an idea what you want for your new year...that is the beauty of this process...you must sit down and figure it out...give yourself this time to do it. Be just that selfish..and dare to dream.

Why do we do it in the spring and not January?Treasure Maps are made during the Aries new moon. Aries new moon change from year to year and this year, it will take place on April 17, 2007 Note at 11:35 GMT (so minus for US times) -- 27 degrees 05 .
They are made on Aries new moon, because that is the first sign of the zodiac. Aries is when you plant your seeds. It is the real beginning of the new year. It should not be confused with the first day of spring which is usually on March 19 or March 20. New moon means the sun and moon are in the same degree. For those who don't know much about astrology (which is totally okay) Aries is the sign of SIGHT. So, that's why it is so important to have pictures of what you want. YOu need to visualize it. Or if you don't do photos/pictures.. put up words. It is just important for you to SEE THEM.

in an ideal perfect world, treasure maps are made during the new phase of the Aries moon which is

Tuesday April 17, 2007
7:35a EDT Tuesday
6:35a CDT
5:35a MDT
4:35a PDT

until Friday April 20
12:49p EDT
11:49a CDT
10:49a MDT
9:49 a PDT

after that time on April 20 the moon moves into Crescent.

Now if you can not finish it during those 3 days you can take up until the full moon ..May 2 6:08 a EDT. but don't confuse the soft ending date meaning you can start anytime after New. That is not true. You need to start on New no matter what. like I said, ideally you will finish it during new.

Sorry about the use of North American times... I would put up GMT and Europe and asia times but my brain gets too mushy. if you are really stuck let me know and we'll figure it out.

So, I'm going to be busy on April 17 can I start it before the 17th?
NO.

I have to buy a bunch of magazines, I'm broke, can I just borrow some old ones from friends
Personally, when I started my treasure maps I always did them with fresh new magazines. And in the old days, (not married, no children) I spent a lot of dough on them..only because I wanted lots of choices. But with time, I ended up only getting a few magazines. I never borrowed other magazines from friends..but I know that there were people here who did it in the previous years and I think they were happy with their results. So, it really is your call.

What if I don't want magazine photos, can I just use my own pictures.. like my husband, my baby etc?
Sure. I usually colored xerox them so that I would not wreck my originals.

you can also paint what you want. it really is your call.

What about me? Where do I put me?

Take a photo of you or a copy of a photo and put it somewhere on your map. The center is usally the desired spot.

Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board.
no you can do it anyway you want.
I will say that in previous years I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas.

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

If you use the feng shui baguas, you will naturally cover all most all areas of your life..as you can see it is all represented there.

here is a link to the colors associated with each bagua if you feel inclined:

http://www.buy-utah.com/images/graphics/Bagua.jpg

do I have to do it alone or can I do it with friends?
You can do it either way. I build them with my 2 other friends. We are like sisters and it felt so right to do it with them. We started them together. I know that there are several MDCers who have little parties where they invite those close to them over. I will say this, it is a lot of fun to do them with others..we would all pass around the magazines.. "Hey, I found a great BMW.. does anyone want a new BMW?" Or it would be, "I have got to lose 10 pounds, any ideas what I should put on my map?" and low and behold someone will come up with a good suggestion.

Do i have to finish it all at one sitting?
no. Often I used to cut my stuff out with my friends. maybe glue a little thing here or there and then take it home and finish it there over the course of a day or two.

Can my kids do it with me?
yes! it is great for them to focus and think about what they want. They also might give you their thoughts about what they think you should have in your life. Helps them to think beyond them, right?

Does it work?
Yep. On my first map, I put a photo of a guy on a boat from like a Ralph Loren ad or something like that. Two months later I met my husband. He sails and comes from a long line of yacht clubbers.
It was so odd for me to put that photo up on my map, but there was just something about the feel and look to the guy on the boat that I just liked.

And there you go....we met..dated, a new map (the following year) had a ring on it... and I think you can do the math..... we've been together 10 years.

okay. I don't want to sound like a spoil sport but I"m just not interested in building a collage, can I do something else?

well, the truth is I now don't actually build maps any more. What I now do is take a nice piece of orange paper and write down my wishes during treasure map time. My wishes are almost like prayers and they are much more broad in my desires. But I will say this, I felt like I needed to switch to 'less is more' after several, several years of mapping. So, I had a lot under my belt. I would encourage new comers to make the actual maps. but if you really don't feel the call. then just write your desires down. I like orange paper. So, vibrant. So aries.

Is it ok to have things continue over to the next year? Long-term, ongoing stuff that has progressed but needs to continue to progress?

Yes. Of course. But with a small caveat. My sense after doing these for years is that when something really takes time and doesn't gel in the first year. My experience is that there is something still not in right yet. It might be something you are aware of...like AdinaL shifted from her map from year one to year two by focusing on less things. Getting pregnant was so important by year two that she decided to forgo some of the things from year one. That kind of energy is really important. What I mean.. is it is NOT important to put up less. It is important for you on the following year's map to go into your gut and say what do I REALLY WANT.

I think that is one of the reasons Adina's took a map and half to get to pregnancy. Also, and I'm sure you guys all know this... a baby comes when the baby wants to come. And I felt in Adina's case the baby did not want to be born in the old house which was in a totally different state. So, even though things look on the outside like they didn't happen...they really are. Kind of like peeling an onion.

If anything did not result from the other maps.. you may need to shift something about your long range goals. My sense is that they need a wee bit refining or broadening. Just a thought. But definitely don't give up on the dream.

I'm really excited is there anything I can do now before Treasure Map to help my map?

Yes, yes, yes.... I said this in previous years and I'll remind everyone now. The period just before the Treasure Map is called the balsamic phase. Which is the end of the moon's phase. This is the phase when we get rid of stuff. Get rid of clutter. Get rid of things that are bugging us. Get rid of ick. Try if you can to clear some space in your life so you can be ready for the treasure map. Remember, Einstein said, "NO TWO THINGS CAN OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE." Read that several times... now ask yourself, do I have space in my house, my family, my time, my life in general for more? If the answer is no. Then start housecleaning!

Clear out the stuff between now and the 17th. Now do you understand why it is important not to start your map before the new time?

by the way, I personally don't buy any of my supplies before the New starts. But I know some of you can't do that..so if you must buy before. PUt it aside and don't touch it until the new. Don't thumb through magazines. Leave it all be.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

If you need to read previous threads for more information.

here's 2006

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

here's 2005

here's 2005

here's 2004

and how it evolved in 2003
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s&pagenumber=7

#3 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Meditate, reflect and dream big....

your maps will be awesome. this I know.

hugs
Tracy

#4 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tracy

Ah, a clean, shiny new thread! YAY!

Tracy, I think the link in your first post is wrong... it lands me on a google search result.

I am leaving work early today just for my Map! Can't wait!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#5 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, celesterra. I fixed it!

#6 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Thanks Tracy!
#7 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Yay! A new thread!

I'm packing up the kids and heading out in the rain to get some poster board and magazines

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#8 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Thanks Tracy!

I've been feeling really positive about this year and doing a treasure map feels like it will help keep my energies focused
#9 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 PM

:Oh Yeah! We are Flowing!
#10 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Have fun mapping, everyone! I hope you all feel inspiried and joyful through the process.

A great big huge thanks to Tracy for all her wisdom and guidance through this process.
#11 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM

:

Subbing to this thread...we are going to work on this when my partner gets home tonight. I am excited to hear how everyone else is doing with this
#12 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Thanks Tracy!

I've been feeling really positive about this year and doing a treasure map feels like it will help keep my energies focused
Astrid! : I've missed you!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#13 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:37 PM

: Have fun everyone! :

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#14 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 PM

Cool treasure-mapping moment:

I had decided to color my middle "health" segment with yellow Prismacolor marker in a sunburst pattern (this is the backdrop for what I'm putting in this area). Just as I started inking my sun in, the morning sunlight BURST into the room, streaming across the table and my work. It was so *glorious*, and I know my work was just soaking up that beautiful sun energy.

Talk about the universe confirming you're on the right path.... For the record, now we're back to an overcast day.
#15 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 PM

I woke up at 5 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I was able to do a lot of cutting in the quiet of my house while everyone slept. I found pictures that really spoke to me.

Now for my layout!

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#16 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM

I can't start until I get home from work (in a perfect world I would have taken a vacation day, but our CEO is coming in today so they need me here). But in the meantime, I've already started sketching out some ideas.

Can we get a link to some positive affirmations. That's what I'm having trouble with right now, for each of the areas of my life. "Money comes easily and from multiple sources" for example, though that doesn't say exactly what I want it to.

We're planning a move, but I have some anxiety about whether it's the right choice. So although I DO want to move, I want to say something along the lines of "We live exactly where we should".....but that sentence sucks, too!

Can we share ideas on this thread? I'm hoping to have a positive phrase for each of the 9 sections (which is how I'm laying mine out) by the time I wrap things up here at 4:30.
#17 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:50 PM

This will be my 4th TM -- I'm love looking at it over my computer here and reminding myself of what I really want for the year.

Thank you Tracy for the outside link -- I sent it to some non-MDC friends.
#18 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 12:56 PM

Okay, someplace I saw something about writing a check to yourself from the universe. I REALLY want to include this on my treasure map and I can't find it again. (I'm awful with the searches.) Can someone help me out? Or give me other ideas for representing abundance in money?

I'm so excited to do my map! I've never done one before...

Unschooling mama to one 5 year old DD.
#19 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM

The Feng Shui Thread has a list of the 9 baguas with their color associations and a little about each area. If you are using those to organize your map, you might find the information helpful. It is in post 2 of the thread.

Post 5 of the Feng Shui Thread has a long list of affirmations.

I invited my mother to participate in this. I printed out Tracy's initial post for her. She decided to use scrapbook pages for her map. I loved that idea and have decided that is what I am going to do also. I am thinking I will use a page in the color for each of the 9 areas in the Feng Shui bagua. I haven't gotten any magazines yet, though. I probably won't be able to until tomorrow.
#20 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM

:
#21 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:16 PM

thanks, Tracy!! I too can't wait to start.

Anyone wants to post theirs? I have mine from two years ago, but not sure if it's a good idea to post an 'old' one? Probably will take me all three days to do it this time - not much free time during the week..

#22 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

heads up...

btw--
I am still tweaking my article...but just a reminder if you send your friends to the outside link, please have them register (it is free) so that I can see how many hits the article gets... it will help me figure out how much interest there is in my writing. Thanks.

hugs

#23 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 PM

I'm looking forward to finding the right images. A friend and I went and found just the right magazines this morning while our boys played.

I can't wait to see the form my treasure map takes.
#24 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 PM

Headed out with DD to get our supplies right now!!!
#25 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 01:47 PM

I just wanted to tell everyone that I threw up a post about space clearing. I highly recommend it, especially now to clear out any negative energy from last year and times past. You can find the thread here.
#26 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 PM

I've been lurking and just jumping on to say that this is my first TM and I'm way excited to start on it tonight when I get home!

Thanks Tracy.

Nikki
#27 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmom View Post
Okay, someplace I saw something about writing a check to yourself from the universe. I REALLY want to include this on my treasure map and I can't find it again. (I'm awful with the searches.) Can someone help me out? Or give me other ideas for representing abundance in money?

That is a great idea! I think I will just write myself a real check. Also, do you know about the Prosperity Game? Check it out....they send you checks online and you get to spend them. We love it! http://www.choosingprosperity.com/game/
#28 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
That is a great idea! I think I will just write myself a real check. Also, do you know about the Prosperity Game? Check it out....they send you checks online and you get to spend them. We love it! http://www.choosingprosperity.com/game/
I'm going to take one of my blank deposit slips from work and use that on my map, with lots of deposits!
#29 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Was it this?
#30 of 543 Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Try this:
http://whatisthesecret.tv/the-secret...cret-check.pdf

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page