April 22-29 Manifesting Divas!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2007, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
I'm going to pass this one on to my daughter, even the honey. She's starting to get pimples at 12 and is bothered by it. I have some on occassion, but it doesn't much bother me...
One thing I've read (but now can't find ) is that if your skin is very oily, the egg yolk might not help because it is very oily, in which case you should try an egg white. Slighty whip it with a fork first. I didn't mention this because I figured most people reading this were like me, but your DD is so much younger.

Here is link I found with people chatting about eggs and acne:

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=203

Good luck! We should all be able to love our faces

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using egg white face masks since I was a kid. It worked beautifully for me as a teen. Just put it in a bowl and whisk it with a fork, then apply to face and let dry. It feels really tight and wonderful, and rinses off easily. Hmmm... I haven't done this in a while, but maybe I should try it again. My pores have been a bit icky too.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 AM

DRIVE BY
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
On the subject of cloth pads... I love them! I also really love the sea sponges - a great alternative to tampons. And yes, my period is much lighter, shorter and more comfortable now that I've switched to natural products.

The fleece thing in some pads really concerns me. That is a polyester product, and any time I wear anything polyester I get a yeast infection. It's just not breathable enough.

I find that pads with no barrier work just fine - I just be sure to change them before I get any leaking. I also have some with a wool barrier which is really nice!
I know nothing of natural products for AF can you tell me about sea sponges?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I know nothing of natural products for AF can you tell me about sea sponges?
You can read about them here: http://www.jadeandpearl.com/catalog/...05d3e4c8217701 I love them!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 AM

i use 100% cotton pads and i believe they are organic. my tampons are not cholrine bleached and are organic. arent these products, while disposable and therefore not so great for the environment, fine for my body?

i have considered using the diva cup and have no issue againt it other than i am gennerally used to and happy with tampons
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Good morning everyone!! Just a quick fly-by to send love and blessings to everyone.

I intend for all of us to have the most fabulous, glorious, beautiful day! Let's expect to see evidence of abundance and well-being everywhere we turn.
Thank you bunches!!! Yes, it's a fabulous day filled with wonderful manifestations and abundance!!! Yep yep!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I just checked her web site and her pads look GREAT, but she doesn't have anything in stock and isn't accepting custom orders!

I really want to do something different. I use regular pads and tampons and I find them irritating (literally -- they irratate my skin!)
Her website also says to check on Mondays or some day like that...to see if she updates her inventory...so...check back.

Quote:
One thing I've read (but now can't find ) is that if your skin is very oily, the egg yolk might not help because it is very oily, in which case you should try an egg white. Slighty whip it with a fork first. I didn't mention this because I figured most people reading this were like me, but your DD is so much younger.

Here is link I found with people chatting about eggs and acne:

http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=203

Good luck! We should all be able to love our faces
Okay, we've got oily skin...so...whites would be us... lol Thank you for that bit of a tip!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
i use 100% cotton pads and i believe they are organic. my tampons are not cholrine bleached and are organic. arent these products, while disposable and therefore not so great for the environment, fine for my body?
That's what I use too so I guess I do do a *natural* product.

Thanks KM for the link!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:

i have considered using the diva cup and have no issue againt it other than i am gennerally used to and happy with tampons
I have an IRL girlfriend that just bought this. She's not an "all natural" kinda gal, although I've been luring her here......she was SOOOOOO happy with the Diva she called at 11pm to tell me. She says "your dh is going to think I'm nutso calling to tell you about AF this late!"

I am now manifesting a diva cup.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
My DH gets a good laugh over some of my explatives, a favorite is, "goodness gracious" I also use "Yikes!"
When I was talking to my friend on the phone yesterday, I had to have him hold on for a moment while I took care of my son. When I came back, I said "Sorry, I'm back..." and he said, "Don't say that. Say, "Surprise!" in place of "Sorry...". I'm sure it doesn't work in all circumstances, but it's a much more cheerful way to come back to a conversation than an apology.

You're "Goodness gracious!" vs. "Yikes!" reminded me of that,

Jen
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture View Post
When I was talking to my friend on the phone yesterday, I had to have him hold on for a moment while I took care of my son. When I came back, I said "Sorry, I'm back..." and he said, "Don't say that. Say, "Surprise!" in place of "Sorry...". I'm sure it doesn't work in all circumstances, but it's a much more cheerful way to come back to a conversation than an apology.

You're "Goodness gracious!" vs. "Yikes!" reminded me of that,

Jen
Is this your friend that you manifested? The one you hadn't talked to in a long time?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 PM

Self perpetuating cycles....

So, Louise Hay says that allergies are someone irritating you.

I have allergies, and there's something that really bugs me, a lot. It has to do with... well, allergies. I HATE having tissues all over. Yep... you have to use tissues all the time, and then they're everywhere, and they irritate me.

I don't like tissue boxes. I don't like used tissues.

So in our bedroom, we have two nightstands- his and hers. Both of us end up with tissues all over them, because we each have our own box of tissues, and the trash can is in the bathroom. Who gets up first thing in the morning to go to the bathroom to dispose of tissues??

Every morning, I'm gathering up tissues before I start the day. And looking at those horrible, mismatching (but as close as I could find) disposable tissue boxes.

I finally went and got some little mini trashcans, and tissue box covers. Interestingly enough, my whole attitude about mornings has changed. Not surprising, but it just goes to show how well my affirmations have taken root in my head.

The smallest thing, really. Just two trash cans and two tissue box covers... yet it never occured to me that I DESERVED to buy these "frivilous" items. But how much is a good morning worth?

I kept trying to find a good attitude about the kleenexes, and trying to cure the allergies, and trying to treat the allergies.... and the whole time, I could have just bought a couple trashcans and some tissue box covers.

That just wasn't complicated enough, though. :

Oh, and by the way, they look very handsome!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
I have some BIG NEWS to share next time I'm here.
........................waiting
Old 04-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Amris,

Awesome that you took care of your aesthetic needs

Just a thought - you might want to try handkercheifs sometime, if you need to use tissues a whole lot - they are so much easier on your nose! I especially like the ones made of flannel - and the kids don't even fuss when I use those on them.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:48 PM

I also have horrible allergies and I use a reusable cloth diaper instead of tissues. My nose thanks me for it too.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
i just have to say, this thread always makes it's way back to poop! remember when we first started?

anyway, i am not at all caught up, but i'm leaving for MA tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday.

Have fun in MA!

And a big and to all you drive-byers!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Now to catch up! Good morning! :

Thank you everyone for all the skin info yesterday and today. (and I agree InJoy, I love it when something I have been thinking about comes up here)

I have gained some really wonderful information from that. I love hearing about the eggs and honey etc. And I agree, a little detox/cleanse will make a big difference I think. Although, I think I might stick with the UltraClear and skip the salt water : I dont think I can do the salt. Those who have done that are braver and heartier souls than I!

The Louise Hay stuff is really helpful Amris and Linda. Really interesting to think about myself in these ways. I am usually a pretty confident person, but since having a baby and a tighter budget, I just dont get to spend as much time or money on appearances (up til now!). I have quit getting the expensive haircut, buying makeup, buying clothes (unless at thrift stores) (up til now!) and frankly spending any time on my appearance at all. And some of that truly does make a difference in how I feel. While what's on the inside is what counts, I realize that feeling my outer appearance is frumpy and unkempt doesn't make me feel all that great. I realized the other day that pretty much all my clothes are from clothes swaps or value village. And there isnt anything wrong with that, it's just that often times things dont fit all that well, are pretty out of date and well, used up. Some decisions are environmental and health related, I like the idea of bowing out of consumer culture a little bit buying used or trading and I like using only healthy stuff on my body instead of toxic products. So, I guess, what it really boils down to is taking time for myself and being more accepting of myself. I suppose that's the rub for a lot of mothers isnt it?

And I like the affirmations!

Thanks again everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Acne: Not accepting the self. Dislike of the self. I am a divine expression of Life. I love and accept myself where I am right now.

Skin: I get attention in positive ways. I am secure. No one threatens my individuality. I am at peace. The world is safe and friendly. I release all anger and resentment. Whatever I need will always be here. I accept my good without guilt. I am peaceful with all the little things in life.

Quote:
This was a challanging area for me, too.

Another one from Hay:

Pimples: Small outburst of anger. I calm my thought and I am serene.

Egg yolk makes a great face mask and helps heal and prevent acne. It is loaded with vit. A. I let it come to room temp first, and leave it on for 20 minutes. It leaves my face very smooth, heals up any acne very quickly. All my pores look healthier. As an acne treatment, it is ideal to do it everyday for a month (I'm not being that consistent and I'm still getting great results). I think it would be a great occassional mask for a woman without acne.

I have spent tons of money of skin care, and eggs yolks are better for my skin than anything I can buy. I only eat the whites because of the saturated fats, so the things are free!

You'll figure out what works for you VERY quickly, and your skin will soon have a beautiful healthy grow.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:37 PM

Anyone here ever make their own cloth pads? I have to use a pantiliner every day and I hate it. I bought organic cotton batting and flannel and tried to make some liners but without wings they kept riding up. Anyone have any experience making their own pads and have advice? It just seems like an easy thing to do with the basic sewing skills I have.

Thanks,
Tara

PS - Kate you are such a tease.

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
It worked! I was inspired earier by the talk of getting better flight prices. So I had dh do some searching, and checked with my dad about where he would be ok flying out of. For an extra hour drive to the airport, he was able to save $200 and can come now! I've always been a closet daddy's girl and though he is a grouch, I'm still really happy that he'll get to see our house and the boys can see him. The youngest had never seen him, and my middle son only once and he was three months old, so pretty sure he doesn't remember

Only concern now is keeping my vibe up while he is here. He is living proof of LOA, he has spent years saying that his life sucks and poor him, and well, it has for him lol, and he never has had any interest in being positive about it. His wife is great, and has a very optimistic outlook, so he has slowly improved this, but I'm assuming that my possitivity is going to rub off on him while he is here
That's great on the tickets! Here's some extra positive vibes to rub off on your dad while he's there

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
"Church it up"? That might be my new vibe raiser after I get tired of peppadew (though I don't see that happening anytime soon! I can barely THINK it without

Welcome, or welcome back, Mama!! I agree with everyone else... I rarely venture out of our little *party*... for me it's not so much the flaming that gets me down, because I am pretty good at figuring out who's the idiot, them or me , but the constant bitching and whining about how miserable everyone is KILLS ME. (seriously, if you don't have enough money for food or shoes, stop having another baby every damn year! Whew, got that out!)

Tell him

Oh and if you get a chance, could you check out my blog for today? (Click on my name in my sig) I am trying to decide something about my traveling, and Xanga now allows non-member comments!
: : Okay Devon Peppadew Peppadew Church It UP! You have me totally cracking up this morning with all this!

And I checked out your blog, and I'm sorry, I wont be any help at all I think those all sound like wonderful options. I still vote for the freewheeling backpacker in Europe, but I didn't see that was one of the choices!

Quote:
Glad I could help! Peppadew!

On Wooly Wonder Forums, they have a lot of the same smilies but a few we don't, including the CUTEST little one that's called "crazy" but really looks like a little guy hopping all around blowing kisses!!

re: Mama cloth -- for Petersmamma? I think -- MAKE THE SWITCH! When I first started reading about it I was like, oh ick. But eventually I came around and switched and I LOOOOOOVE it. I will never go back. Check out www.amazpadz.com, I love her stuff. My af's have been insanely light since I started using cloth too -- the chemicals in sposies and tampons actually make it heavier!
Okay, I wanted to throw my hat in the ring too and say I love mamacloth, mamapads. I tried the Keeper or Diva cup, I cant remember which, had a hard time getting the hang of it and gave up. But with cloth pads, I just figured, I use and wash my own cloth diapers, so it's really not that far of a leap. I too thought EEWWWW the first time I heard about it, but that was before diapers. I used to use organic cotton tampons and pantiliners too (and they did irritate my skin a little and I got tired of buying them and throwing them away), but figured I'd give cloth a shot. I love it now. I bought a few at a co-op here in the TP a couple years ago and then sewed some for myself out of some flannel I dad. My periods are shorter now it seems. I recommend cloth to everyone I think wont be completely freaked out by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avena View Post
How to stay positive~

ACCCCCK! I'm soooooooo bummed..Ok well, I manifested to sell our car, now I feel like we are screwed! The car we were going to get sold! TOTAL BUMMER!!! I know that everything happens for a reason but I thought, felt and saw that this one was for us~ DARN~~ Ok enough of my whining! Sorry!

Just trying to see how it's gonna work out, I feel : : today
Avena, it'll be okay, it just means a better car is out there for you! (that's the driving smilie )

Quote:
Devon, I think that's great about the silly words. I just love words. I could eat them for breakfast. I consume books voraciously. DH and I were just laughing about the word "consternation" the other night.
I like knucklehead, reciprocity and serendipity. My bf IRL's favorite word ever is trickery. And my daughter loves to say Holy Moly Guacamole, which always cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I just want to say that you mamas are so fantastic. And this thread is so wonderful. I love how we can talk about both loa stuff & the "how" and we all get how they fit together. I love the high, high, high vibrations of this thread! I love how when we bring in a negative subject it's welcomed & bounced up to a higher vibration!

So true!

I too like holy mackerel!

Knucklehead everyone!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
SALT WATER CLEANSE

couldnt that be dangerous to some people? salt is toxic and even deadly at high levels. i am amazed it is safe during pregnancy!

just wanted to ask, cuz i have heard of children ODing on salt and dying and i imagine there is a limit for adults as well? also i have heard its really bad and hard on your kidneys to slam too much water at once and can cause your kidneys to shut down?

ETA i also read in the health and healing forum that there isnt really any evidence that stuff accumulates in the colon, and that colon cleanses are a racket. i guess when people do autopsies they dont find any kind of build-up usually.
So, I had a reply partially typed out to this last night, and then I just needed to SLEEP!

So, you mix 1 qt. of water with 2 tsp. of salt (you can use less, but you don't want to use so little that it doesn't work, cause then you are just drinking nasty salt water and getting no benefits!). You want to make sure it is SEA SALT, not iodized salt. From what I have read, this large volume of water with a relatively small amount of salt that does NOT have iodine in it is similar to the salt water content of your body, so it just bypasses your kidneys (or something like that ). I will pass the website along to anyone, if you want to PM me, but I don't want to post it because it's kinda weird and I would HAVE to say that before posting it, and then I think I might be violating the UA or something!

Quote:

"Church it up"? That might be my new vibe raiser after I get tired of peppadew (though I don't see that happening anytime soon! I can barely THINK it without

Same here!

Welcome, or welcome back, Mama!! I agree with everyone else... I rarely venture out of our little *party*... for me it's not so much the flaming that gets me down, because I am pretty good at figuring out who's the idiot, them or me , but the constant bitching and whining about how miserable everyone is KILLS ME. (seriously, if you don't have enough money for food or shoes, stop having another baby every damn year! Whew, got that out!)

:

Me too! I am going to try the honey thing! Fortunately, I don't get breakouts hardly ever anymore, but my pores are gross. Will the honey help with that?

I think it would!

Tell him

This is to my dh, so, uhhhh....I had better do that AFTER ds goes to sleep, otherwise there will be trouble!

Quote:

re: Mama cloth -- for Petersmamma? I think -- MAKE THE SWITCH! When I first started reading about it I was like, oh ick. But eventually I came around and switched and I LOOOOOOVE it. I will never go back. Check out www.amazpadz.com, I love her stuff. My af's have been insanely light since I started using cloth too -- the chemicals in sposies and tampons actually make it heavier!
Yeah, but I have heard from others that you have to STALK her hyena cart, and I keep forgetting. Right now, my two obstacles are initial expense (and these babies are kinda expensive, since I go through one package of generic thin pads every month and a half at about 2.50 a pop) and finding some I will like. Amazpadz have come SO highly recommended....I'm seriously thinking of doing a diva cup just because I know I can GET one, ykwim?

Quote:
I guess everyone went to bed.

Ummm, you posted this at 1 a.m. or something (central time, anyway)...so YEAH! I was snoozing!

Quote:

I ADORE words. They are my favorite things. My favorite aunt and I were making sausage bread on Easter and talking about how the one crust was more... and we both said "malleable" at the exact same time! We were both like, That's why I like you so much!!
SAUSAGE BREAD?? Do tell!! That combines my dh's two loves....sausage. and uh...bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Good Morning, Beautiful Mamas

SALT WATER CLEANSE: I got the procedure out of an Australian Pregnancy book call "Mother As First Guru." AND YOU NEVER DO IT WHILE PREGNANT!
It's 2 tsp salt to 16 oz water, and I'll have to look up the poses for ya'll later. But she is very adamant that it's NOT to be done while pregnant.
I agree about NOT doing this when pg, but I always did 2 tsp. in 32 oz water (my original recommendation said a quart, and when I did the conversion, that's what I got, though I'll admit that it may not have been correct, but it definitely worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5 View Post
DRIVE BY

Cute!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Old 04-26-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Anyone here ever make their own cloth pads? I have to use a pantiliner every day and I hate it. I bought organic cotton batting and flannel and tried to make some liners but without wings they kept riding up. Anyone have any experience making their own pads and have advice? It just seems like an easy thing to do with the basic sewing skills I have.
This might sound odd, but what about using double sided tape to stick them to your underwear? Or having special underwear with velcro sewn in for that time of the month? Yeah, it sounds odd, but I bet it would work well.

I have the cutest panty liners from.... somewhere... (I'll post if I can remember the WAHMs name) that have wings with snaps to fix them around your underwear. They're awesome.

Melanie
Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
OH. MY. FRENCH. TOAST.

Reciprocity is my favorite word. ever.
And just how does one PRO-NOUN-CIATE that word??? hhhhmmmm????

SuperMama~ thank you for thinking of us. We're just going along, like nothing happened.....she's stayed at the BF"s a few nights but has been in touch and we went to his concert last night and things seemed fine.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post

Thanks,
Tara

PS - Kate you are such a tease.
I have. I used a variety of cloth I had laying around. Some flannel and some terry cloth from old towels. I did not use any waterproofing layer. I just did multi layers and made them different lengths and widths for heavier and lighter days. I personally liked the terry cloth the best. If they are riding up then I'd suggest making them longer. They did tend to work better with tighter clothes that held them closer to the body.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:10 PM

My family gets great amusement from the word wombat.

Just say it a few times.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 PM

Sometimes I say "hot diggidy dog" and my 2 y.o. repeats it and it sounds super cute in a 2 y.o. voice.

I smile every time.

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 PM

I love wingnut. And goober. (We call the kids goobers. ) Ok, so not as high-brow as reciprocity or serendipity, but I'm sure it fits with knucklehead.

I have added peppadew to my favourites list for sure.

Melanie
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
And goober. (We call the kids goobers. )
Us too! Ummm, but we sing the "Goofy goofy goober" song from SpongeBob Square Pants, too. :

User Tag List