April 22-29 Manifesting Divas!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Ms. ChatsAlot!

IncaMama - I just figured I'd track down all the cool threads herebouts by figuring out where you were
#62 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM

We're back from our weekend adventure, and I'm just checking in to say hi.

mamadege... big to you. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Devon... You've already asked for what you want - good stuff! (It happens when you notice what you don't want - no need to actually ask, really.) Now just work on feeling good, having fun and following your bliss. When you do all of that, you're in a place of allowing and the universe will line it all up for you. So... go have fun and quit trying so hard!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#63 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post

I think you definitely win the "Expert Multi-Quoter" Award!! I especially like how you leave in only the salient parts of the quotes. And I am so jealous of your Boobs/Brain combo!!!

I really like that affirmation, thanks so much!!
Thank you! You're welcome! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post

A belief is a thought you keep practicing. Practice new thoughts. Awhile ago somebody made a great suggestion, to read books & watch movies with good relationships in them. I'm not sure how many of those there are though--unfortunately there's this view that fiction requires conflict. Still you can come up with the qualities and scenarios yourself, and then practice them a lot, live with them in your head, as if you were obsessed with a really happy functional soap opera!
:
Quote:

Lately I've been reflecting on how I was motivated to change my relationship cause the contrast was just so intense. It fit into that adage that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom and then the only way you can go is up--it wasn't strictly rock bottom but it was low enough that I was really, really focused on getting to a better place! But then I've been hangin' out with my other blocked desires, habituated to them, not strongly motivated to clean up my vibration around them, marching very slowly towards "rock bottom"... well, I don't want to do that! If you don't want to get into post-manifestational awareness (also known as "oops"), you gotta take it seriously even if it's livable. Cause you have the resources, it is easy to change, your intuition will guide you on how to do that, and what I'm trying to learn is that it's your vibration at the moment that matters.
So true...I was just thinking today that we get so habituated to the garbage that we don't notice it any more than we do the chipped floor tile that's been there for ever....or the pile of papers that's been sitting there for a month....that's why it's so good to have this thread and people egging us on to LIFT the vibration!

Speaking of which, to new arrivals! Just remember, it's a party - you probably won't have time tot alk to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I think your question, dear catgirl, is.....does James deserve me?!?!?!
OK, you've been doing your homework!!

Here's a quote from your boyfriend for Devon:
Quote:
It seems that a lot of relationships, particularly in today's world, become love/hate situations (or love/fear). More often than not, intense love can be followed by emotional attack, anger, accusation or complete withdrawal of affection... And this is considered normal!
Another common approach is to avoid relationships, most often practiced to avoid pain. But this isn't an effective strategy either. Experiencing many "failed relationships," if approached from the perspective of awareness, can do more to enlighten you than years in seclusion.
True love has no opposite...
Think about that one.
If a relationship moves from "love" to anything other than love, it wasn't true love to begin with, but rather infatuation. Many passionately dive into a newfound "love" only to realize that their "perfect infatuation" has turned into a perfect monster.
Typically, we begin to see all the weaknesses and shortcomings in that person that mysteriously did not show up before. In actuality, each person offers the other an opportunity to observe their own weaknesses and where they have the possibility to grow.
A perfect relationship will only be achieved by two people who are passionately pursuing and are open and willing to grow.
There have been several occasions in my own life in which I came out of a relationship followed by a long period of being alone. In my experience, these times have been incredible times of increasing awareness. And then... Invariably, the Cosmos sends me the perfect mate to test the depth of my true mastery. Unfortunately in many cases, intellectual understanding outshines practical mastery.
The things you don't like in others are often the darkness in yourself that you refuse to face.
This dance with your own darkness is where the battle begins. This battle is never truly with the other person. The student fights the battle internally with his/her own demons. While difficult, this battle is potentially a great gift.
I've learned as much (or more!) about my self, my own ego weaknesses and my own needs in a relationship as I've learned sitting in the Alps with my teacher.
This is from here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...d_i=1563527251

..and would someone please tell me how to edit this so it just says "here" instead of all that stuff?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
A smooth transition to DH starting his new job.
He has one?? Cool!!! I'm so happy for you!
#64 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Just subbing ... gotta run ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#65 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM

hi ladies. i'm way behind on this thread, i have no clue what's going on here! the weather has been so beautiful lately, that i've been out with my kids everyday for hours at the beach, which is a lovely 30 minute walk from our apartment.

anyway, just subbing and wanting to say hi!
#66 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

He has one?? Cool!!! I'm so happy for you!
He has two companies that both want him and we are happily expecting final offers from both tomorrow. Then he will have to choose!

One company is ripe for growth and learning new things - he can do things like telecommute, the benefits are excellent. But the pay is lower than we want - we'd be paying the bills, but not much else.

The other one is the same job for the next 5 years - not much growth, but great benefits and possibly pays $10 more than the other one, which is closer to what we were looking for. Not a bad job at all - a great one, but again, nothing new and different for 5 years - although DH could feasibly study on his own.

Which would you choose? This really is a difficult choice, believe it or not.

Also we'll see when the offers come in tomorrow, because who knows, maybe the preferred company will suddenly manifest $10K higher budget and then the choice will be easy...
#67 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I'd see which one *feels* the best and start moving in that direction. If it doesn't fall into place or feel that good once moving that way, then I'd do the same with the other!

Very cool, either way!!!
#68 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:01 PM

Devon...

You've reminded me of an Abe/Hicks download I've been listening to this weekend. Apparently, a woman who had spoken with them before, was back. The time before, they told her to quit searching for *the one* and simply ask for many men to come into her life. She asked for 6 men to surprise and delight her...and within 2 months, it manifested. Then she got more clarity and asked for 2 and had a wonderful relationship as a result.

Searching for *the one* was work. She was going upstream. But, when she got playful (much like some examples here: the couple under an umbrella, glue bottle on the front lawn, snowsuit in Florida, etc.) she was flowing with it and suddenly, she was enjoying the attention, appreciating men everywhere and feeling abundant.

You could easily ask for men all around the world to surprise and delight you! What a fun adventure that could be! And in the meantime....while you are inadvertently having fun and not focused on your soul mate, he'll probably sit down beside you on a train in Europe!
#69 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
You could easily ask for men all around the world to surprise and delight you! What a fun adventure that could be! And in the meantime....while you are inadvertently having fun and not focused on your soul mate, he'll probably sit down beside you on a train in Europe!
Oh wow! I just popped in to see what was going on and WOW! That sounds like a great thing to manifest!

Too bad I didn't think of that when I was in my 20s!
#70 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:11 PM

All of you manifesting masters are so wonderful and powerful!

Everything in my class that I'm learning I want to share with you ALL! You'd all love it so much.

It's super to be in a room of RL wonderful, powerful manifesting masters, I can't even begin to describe it.

My teacher studied w/Shamans all over the country and in Tibet and Machu Picchu too (probably other places as well.) I am in awe of her and just bask in her presence. I know she's only giving us the *surface* stuff right now but man, it's amazing.

I performed a healing on someone today as a practice. I actually DID it! I saw an amazing healing as well. I mean, amazing. Saw the energy.

I'm totally buzzing. How can I help it?
#71 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:11 PM

<---- Still don't know who to thank for this??

Just checking in, and wanted to update that the car issues, were nothing at all. He had overheated (for a known reason), and that backed things up. So all is good on his car

Also just found out that my dad looks to be coming out for a visit. This is a huge shock, he is not the visiting type. And no mention of his wife, so I'm wondering. I'm trying really hard to assume that its for a good reason, not for something wrong, but this doesn't fit him at all.

Well, back to your regular programming, I'm off to find more to eat
#72 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

Everything in my class that I'm learning I want to share with you ALL! You'd all love it so much.

It's super to be in a room of RL wonderful, powerful manifesting masters, I can't even begin to describe it.

My teacher studied w/Shamans all over the country and in Tibet and Machu Picchu too (probably other places as well.) I am in awe of her and just bask in her presence. I know she's only giving us the *surface* stuff right now but man, it's amazing.

I performed a healing on someone today as a practice. I actually DID it! I saw an amazing healing as well. I mean, amazing. Saw the energy.

That sounds so amazing!!
#73 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot
You could easily ask for men all around the world to surprise and delight you! What a fun adventure that could be!
I am married and I ask for this Kidding -- but not really! I ask for *people* in general to surprise and delight me, along the same lines as MCAL suggests, only not focused on meeting a soul mate of course -- but it works too with say, connections for business, or meeting new friends, or connections to musicians or whatever I am manifesting -- instead of saying something like "I REALLY WISH I (or dh) could meet someone who could help us ______" -- I have that intent but I ask to just meet any cool people who enhance my life.. and they show up!

Love it!

We went to the beach today and had an absolute glorious.. I gotta say it again... GLORIOUS day -- it always works this way -- when we go to the beach which is about an hour away (so really close!) -- we have a blast, it was utterly beautiful, not a cloud in the sky, DIVINE I am telling you --- then dd gets so tuckered out from playing and living life to the fullest that she drops as soon as her head hits the carseat --- and it is our special time -- we pop through a quick drive through for something to eat, eat and talk, then we have the whole hour drive home to talk and laugh and we laughed SO hard ---- RANDOM ADVICE FOR DEVON AHEAD -- find someone you can LAUGH with I'm telling you, that is one of the greatest parts of my marriage with dh is that we laugh and laugh ---

We had an amazing day -- then we went to my mom's for a bit to watch some of Planet Earth on Discovery (we don't have cable and watch little TV) while dd slept in the guest room and dh and I cuddled on the bed in the other room --

Oh, WELCOME INCAMAMA --- hey mamas, she is one of my best friends IRL, we met online and she actually led me to mothering many moons ago and she lives really close to my dad in PA and we met in person about a year ago -- she is awesome as all get out and saves my sanity on a near daily basis
#74 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Terri your classes sound SO wonderful!!!
#75 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Okay, jumping in mid-conversation here ... MCAL's comment about Devon meeting her soul mate when she's not even looking because he sits next to her on the train in Europe is so true! It's like you put that intention out there ... wanting to meet your soul mate, and then you live life knowing that he is coming. I am always using the restaurant analogy with ds#1 - when you sit down, you look through the menu and start thinking about what you really want. Sometimes you tell your table-mates you want X, and then think about wanting Y instead ... finally, when the waitress/waiter (the Universe) comes to your table, you know. You order, and then you just sit back, enjoy your evening, sample the nice hot sourdough bread with butter, have a drink, and *KNOW* your food is coming. You don't pester the waiter. You don't pine for your food. You just hang out and enjoy your life. Before you know it, your food is being placed right in front of you, when it is ready to be presented, when it is just right for you to have. It's about making the request, trusting it is coming to you in the right timing, and sitting back and enjoying life (being grateful/happy/joyful). It's all good!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#76 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
---- RANDOM ADVICE FOR DEVON AHEAD -- find someone you can LAUGH with I'm telling you, that is one of the greatest parts of my marriage with dh is that we laugh and laugh ---
I SO have to agree with this. I think that the biggest reason that dh and I have been together for 16 years through some really rough times is that we laugh together. That is my first sign that something is off, or to stressed, is when we don't play and laugh. That, and look for someone with some different interests. We have a ton in common, but I love that there are some topics that I'm always learning from him about, and vice versa. We both respect that the other knows more about somethings and can enjoy sharing that knowledge.

And welcome to our new posters!!
#77 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
He has two companies that both want him and we are happily expecting final offers from both tomorrow. Then he will have to choose!
Congratulations! I don't know which job to choose, but the prospects sound great and either way could be just perfect, you know? Follow your heart(s)!

Quote:
---- RANDOM ADVICE FOR DEVON AHEAD -- find someone you can LAUGH with I'm telling you, that is one of the greatest parts of my marriage with dh is that we laugh and laugh ---
Oh, I totally, completely agree! My DH cracks me up and I love love love being able to laugh together! I find a good sense of humor so sexy in a man! :
#78 of 709 Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

So true, me and dh are like kids together -- do you know what we laughed about for seriously hours on and off yesterday and today? We were looking at eachother at random times trying to make at eachother the face our dd makes when she is pooping (like she stops what she is doing and sort of grunts and gazes off into the distance, it's hilarious and adorable too)-- so different times over the past two days we would be having a normal conversation and one of us would just *pop the face* and we would both just collapse laughing -- this went on for like two days back and forth -- yes, we are weird but we laugh so hard together....

That's love
#79 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 12:17 AM

Hi mamas
May I join in?

Ok I'm assuming yes,

Here is what I'm manifesting for this week~ BLAM!

* Sell our Car, and find the one we are looking for in the same price range!

* Increase Tea sales on my web site

* Have a wondrous B-day party for DD who will be 2!!!!!

* Remind myself to slow down and breathe!

* Do my yoga practice every day

* Be thankful for all the Blessings in my life:
#80 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 12:53 AM

can i join too??:

for this week, I am manifesting:
  • acceptance and surrender. everything is as it should be.
  • following my divine wisdom. listening to that inner voice.
  • love, love and more love..for my children, for myself, for others
  • completion: of things I have procrastinated lately
  • good health, rest, exercise, meditation..
  • less judgement of myself, less critique

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#81 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

First of all, WELCOME!!! to all the new mamas here!! It's so nice to see you at our *party*!! Just so you know, on this thread the main topic of conversation is usually my love life. Feel free to jump in any time! : I am kidding, sort of... I do tend to monopolize at times Speaking of which, does no one CARE about my big announcement???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
A belief is a thought you keep practicing. Practice new thoughts. Awhile ago somebody made a great suggestion, to read books & watch movies with good relationships in them. I'm not sure how many of those there are though--unfortunately there's this view that fiction requires conflict. Still you can come up with the qualities and scenarios yourself, and then practice them a lot, live with them in your head, as if you were obsessed with a really happy functional soap opera!
I am trying to focus on great relationships I know about (ALL of you ladies are such an inspiration!)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy View Post

So, all that to say, Yes Devon, you CAN have that kind of relationship.
You're exactly right -- I tell myself this, but I'm not sure I *really* believe it! I guess this is what I need to work on with visualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Well, I just checked the OSHO Tarot cards and it said to jump in with both feet.

So, why don't you plan a trip to come visit?

Pat
Well if the OSHO says it then what are we waiting for? Where even are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
hi ladies. i'm way behind on this thread, i have no clue what's going on here!
I'll catch you up -- we're talking about me. :

Seriously, ladies, I so appreciate all the help, and I'm sorry to be so selfish. I promise very soon I will be back to being a supportive background friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
..and would someone please tell me how to edit this so it just says "here" instead of all that stuff?!
Thanks for the quote!!

Here's what you do:
Type the sentence "Here is the link" or whatever. Highlight the word "here" or whichever you want to BECOME the link. Click on the little globe on the toolbar up top. A window pops up. Paste your link into the window -- make sure there is only one http://, the window already has one but sometimes it pastes in and then the link doesn't work -- and you're good to go!

Quote:
Devon...

You've reminded me of an Abe/Hicks download I've been listening to this weekend. Apparently, a woman who had spoken with them before, was back. The time before, they told her to quit searching for *the one* and simply ask for many men to come into her life. She asked for 6 men to surprise and delight her...and within 2 months, it manifested. Then she got more clarity and asked for 2 and had a wonderful relationship as a result.

Searching for *the one* was work. She was going upstream. But, when she got playful (much like some examples here: the couple under an umbrella, glue bottle on the front lawn, snowsuit in Florida, etc.) she was flowing with it and suddenly, she was enjoying the attention, appreciating men everywhere and feeling abundant.

Oooo, baby, sounds like a PLAN! I am about to listen to that A/H download, as soon as I get done here....

You know what though? I don't know if I want a lot of new guys... I have a really hard time letting go of things, which is why I usually let bad relationships drag on. I think I'll have to focus on manifesting either delight with a very smooth, easy ending, or just the one person that's gonna stick around. (hmmm... interesting revelation, why do I always assume things will end badly or painfully?)

I am going to manifest a delightful surprise from SOMEONE tomorrow though, that sounds like a great idea!

Quote:

and we laughed SO hard ---- RANDOM ADVICE FOR DEVON AHEAD -- find someone you can LAUGH with I'm telling you, that is one of the greatest parts of my marriage with dh is that we laugh and laugh ---

We had an amazing day -- then we went to my mom's for a bit to watch some of Planet Earth on Discovery (we don't have cable and watch little TV) while dd slept in the guest room and dh and I cuddled on the bed in the other room --
Seriously? Do you know me AT ALL? Do you not think laughter is like, my MAIN criteria for my future mate?? In fact, I don't think I even hang out with anyone who doesn't make me laugh!!

A little TMI for ya... I had a sort-of one night stand last Christmas with a friend of a friend and it was one of my favorite all time "experiences" because all we did the entire time was laugh hysterically about various things. My best friend Jenny was in the next room and the next morning she was like, what the hell were you guys DOING that was so damn funny? I said, "Sex without laughing is like a day without sunshine" :

Sounds like you and dh had an AMAZING day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Okay, jumping in mid-conversation here ... MCAL's comment about Devon meeting her soul mate when she's not even looking because he sits next to her on the train in Europe is so true! It's like you put that intention out there ... wanting to meet your soul mate, and then you live life knowing that he is coming. I am always using the restaurant analogy with ds#1 - when you sit down, you look through the menu and start thinking about what you really want. Sometimes you tell your table-mates you want X, and then think about wanting Y instead ... finally, when the waitress/waiter (the Universe) comes to your table, you know. You order, and then you just sit back, enjoy your evening, sample the nice hot sourdough bread with butter, have a drink, and *KNOW* your food is coming. You don't pester the waiter. You don't pine for your food. You just hang out and enjoy your life. Before you know it, your food is being placed right in front of you, when it is ready to be presented, when it is just right for you to have. It's about making the request, trusting it is coming to you in the right timing, and sitting back and enjoying life (being grateful/happy/joyful). It's all good!
I love this analogy... Tara has said it to me too. I need to remember it! And also, not fill up on bread like I always do at restaurants.

Thanks again ladies, I can't tell you how much your time and attention means to me. I feel so incredibly honored and special to be part of such an amazing group of women. I love you all so much!! and I only hope I can someday give back half of what you all have given me.
#82 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Ooooo Penny, it looks like I'm giving you a run for your money with the MQ!

Can I tell you all a random story, that really has nothing to do with our discussions but I want to share it? I am so completely I can't even stand it (though it is intellectual anger only, not affecting my good vibration at all!)

I went to my cousin's wedding tonight. They actually got married in Vegas last summer, so it was just the party. No one in our family likes her husband... he's rude and dumb and boring and just awful, plus has kind of a drug and alcohol problem that no one talks about. She's so nice, and beautiful, and no one knows what she's doing with him.

ANYWAY, we barely saw them together all night -- she was dancing and he was ... drinking. After dinner, they did the Father-Daughter dance (which was SO SWEET -- my uncle is actually her stepdad but raised her from like age 8 and her dad is totally gone. They danced to "Through the Years" and we all cried!) so then they were going to do the Mother-Son dance, but the groom was nowhere to be found. Figuring he was in the bathroom or something, they postponed it, but he NEVER SHOWED BACK UP. So for the last two hours of the wedding, THE GROOM WASN'T THERE. I asked my aunt when we were leaving where he was, and she said he was SLEEPING IN THE CAR. AT HIS OWN WEDDING.

I don't even have the words to express how completely ridiculous the whole thing is. Isn't it??
#83 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:35 AM

After 3 minutes of searching, I finally found REACH to find that little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadAbode View Post

I am just still trying to figure out the LOA...
Honey, we're all still trying to figure it out. I think the well of knowledge about the LOA is endless. Some may be deeper into the well, but nobody's ever going to reach the bottom.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#84 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Hey ananas! Haven't seen you around in a while, I've missed you!!

How are you? And when do we get to talk about YOUR love life?
#85 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 AM

chasmyn, this is just me, but I would choose the one with growth possibilities and that sounds exciting.

The only redeeming quality the other one seems to have is that it pays so much that you are AFRAID not to take it.

Choosing out of fear, rather than out of joy, is the exact reason NOT to choose that one.
#86 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

OMFT. Here is the note from the Universe for today:

Quote:
Your name is coming up again, Devon. Whispered here, gossiped there.

And it's a good thing we don't have tabloids, because your picture would be everywhere. The gist being that your love life is about to take off!

First, you're going to be falling wildly in love with who you already are, becoming an irresistible magnet to others.

Then, as stars are rearranged and connections are made, you're literally going to feel the fire that sparked all creation. Hubba, hubba!

Finally, you're going to bathe forevermore in rays of pure ecstasy.

So... ready for step one?
The Universe

Devon, look at it like this: Would Triple Chocolate Dutch Cake be quite as good if you didn't first have an energetic day and a wonderful meal ahead of time . . . ?
She always knows!!!

Meanwhile, if you don't get these daily emails, sign up at http://www.tut.com ... they are wonderful!
#87 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I agree with MCAL that you should try each of these on and see what feels best. But reading your descriptions, I will say it looks to me like the only reason you'd take the second job is out of fear of not enough money. As Amris said, that might not be the best motivation. If you took money out of the equation, which job would he choose? I think having happiness day over day is worth $10k, especially since it's a sure way to allow the universe to let that extra money in for you anyway.

Have you done the math to see what that extra $10k will really mean after taxes, and excluding any extras that the higher paying job might cost? For example, if telecommuting part-time, then he's saving money on lunches, coffee, transportation... Can you think of other ways (for now) to trim a little off your monthly budget to make that job seem more doable? Also, have you looked at tax brackets? There comes a point in annual salary where you bump to a higher tax level, so you might want to see where these two jobs put him and if there's any financial value in the lower paying job.

Lastly, consider what both these positions might look like financially in five years. You say the first job is a growing company... does that mean potential salary increases in the not so distant future? And the second job is going to stay as is for five years - does that include salary as well?

Ok, so that's all the 'work it out, pros and cons' stuff... However, I'd probably skip all of that and just go with the most important part - go with what feels best. That's the way to follow the magic of the universe.

Good luck with the decision! Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Ohhhhh... It sounds SO wonderful!! Keep us posted! I'd really love to hear about all your experiences in class.

Quote:
Seriously, ladies, I so appreciate all the help, and I'm sorry to be so selfish. I promise very soon I will be back to being a supportive background friend
Huh? Honey, there is always value in giving and receiving, and the value happens on both sides of the equation. You can be sure that no one is sitting here saying "What's with that selfish Devon? I wish she'd fade into the background!!" Please don't do that, for goodness sake!! One of my favourite things to do is give other people advice. I'm just happy there are people willing to ask me for it.

Quote:
You know what though? I don't know if I want a lot of new guys... I have a really hard time letting go of things, which is why I usually let bad relationships drag on. I think I'll have to focus on manifesting either delight with a very smooth, easy ending, or just the one person that's gonna stick around. (hmmm... interesting revelation, why do I always assume things will end badly or painfully?)
Maybe part of your travel experience will teach you the art of letting go happily and easily, and trusting in the universe to line you up with more good stuff. I absolutely think that this is critical to enjoying a good relationship... knowing that even if it ends, you will still be ok and thrive. Maybe some practice with GOOD endings is in your future?

ETA: Unless you truly want to avoid relationships while traveling, which is totally cool too! I just get the sense that the only reason you're saying that is from fear, and not desire. Any decision is good, as long as it feels good.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#88 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:09 AM

welcome new posters!

Quote:

WOW!!!! I am so looking forward to hearing more!

Quote:
Speaking of which, does no one CARE about my big announcement???

A little TMI for ya... I had a sort-of one night stand last Christmas with a friend of a friend and it was one of my favorite all time "experiences" because all we did the entire time was laugh hysterically about various things. My best friend Jenny was in the next room and the next morning she was like, what the hell were you guys DOING that was so damn funny? I said, "Sex without laughing is like a day without sunshine" :

We care! I had a busy weekend anddidn't carve out time to respond. but hey--what ever happened to the laughing sex guy? he sounds like a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
chasmyn, this is just me, but I would choose the one with growth possibilities and that sounds exciting.

The only redeeming quality the other one seems to have is that it pays so much that you are AFRAID not to take it.

Choosing out of fear, rather than out of joy, is the exact reason NOT to choose that one.
I agree with Amris!
#89 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Oh, how I love Scott Noelle!! Here's a quote from the end of today's Daily Groove: "Children who have strong feelings are blessed with strong Inner Guidance." My son is very effusive, and very much connected. I often tell myself similar things, though it mostly happens after the fact. I think I'll start using this as a mantra when we're in the middle of something 'big'.

Melanie
#90 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 AM

quick technical question - i signed up for notes from the universe several days ago and have yet to receive one. anybody know what that could be about?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page