Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
My intentions for the week:

- Love
- Be
- Laugh
- Allow

I am finding that I need to make some different choices w/ my time as far as MDC/computer useage in general if I want to expand my business & keep my other family priorities straight. So, even if I am not posting...I am thinking of all of you w/ a great big Peace & Joy ladies & have a wonderful week!

Kate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Beautiful Day in Paradise  @BeautifulDayMom  facebook.com/beautifuldaymama

#123 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM

Hillary (and anyone else interested in notes from the Universe)...

Follow this link
http://www.tut.com/

What a lovely way to start the day.
#124 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Hey ananas! Haven't seen you around in a while, I've missed you!!

How are you? And when do we get to talk about YOUR love life?
I've...been around.

You know that saying, about how if you put a clean rag in a bucket of oil, the oil isn't going to get cleaner, the rag is going to get dirtier? (or something like that ).

I've just been feeling lately like I'm the oil, and y'all are the rag, like I just don't want to bring my negativity here and bring you ladies down. I haven't been having the easiest time lately.

I realize that your positivity is 1000 times stronger than my negativity, and that I have it completely backwards- you are going to rub off on me. So, I'm trying to keep up with the thread this week. Oh, wait, what's that they say about "trying"? I am going to keep up with the thread this week.

And, what's this...love life you speak of? Never heard of it!

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#125 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Just popping in!! Hoping everyone's having a great, joyous day!!!
#126 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 PM

here's an interesting article about how EFT fits with LOA

http://www.emofree.com/Articles2/loa-eft-carrington.htm
#127 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Hey mamas! Welcome to Monday!

Whew! I am quite tired, and I'm not sure why.

But I'm feeling good!

This is really interesting: last night, before going to sleep (my absolutely FAVORITE time of the day...I can just be comfy and cozy in my warm bed with the knowledge that a full night of sleep is ahead of me (and yes, ds does often still wake me up to come get him to bring him to my bed, rather than MY desire of him waking (or not, which is even better! ) and coming to my bed and getting in without waking me!) and just think my little thoughts), I was going through my intentions for the week. About an hour and a half later, ds woke me up, and I realized that I was DREAMING about my intentions. I had been making a very detailed list of all the areas of my life and listing my intentions in each area. Does that still count? I think so!!
#128 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:42 PM

: Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had wonderful weekends!

Since we had our yard sale on Saturday and I finished my Treasure Map on Thursday, I am feeling a little like I dont have big concrete projects to think about, which is actually kind of nice. Instead I am going to focus on other intentions this week.

I am patient and love unconditionally dd

I am so grateful for dh and our life together

I have a fun week and feel organized and peaceful

I am grateful for our house and the shelter it gives us

I am grateful that I am allowing abundance into our lives more and more every day

Welcome to all the new posters! There are so many, how cool to have such a vibrant and growing community here! And welcome back to all of you veterans who are back here, we missed you and are glad to see you again.

Quote:
I think this is why I have a hard time manifesting a real relationship with my soul mate. How can I change my hidden, unconscious, deep down beliefs about marriage and manifest a relationship that is a true, shared partnership between two equals who want similar things in life and love to spend time together?
Devon, you have received a lot of great advice about this, but I wanted to second what some other people have said, which is, just acknowledging this and knowing it makes a huge difference. And also, you are not your parents. I dont think we build our relationship skills solely on what our parents modeled for us. They may contribute to our tool box but there are so many other factors too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
To be a patient, loving, unconditional, consensual mama this week to my nearly two year old who has remnded me this past couple of weeks why people refer to it as *terrible twos* -- we call it *terrific twos* around here (sarcastically of course )
Our dd is 2.5yrs old and this pretty much sums up exactly how I have been feeling the last few weeks. Patience is something I am really working on!

Quote:

Intend it. Choose it. See it. Hold it. KNOW IT....

...then release it and be your bad ass self loving every minute of it (life that is!)...

... and it will manifest.

*hugs*
Very powerful!

Quote:
Tara wins longest non multi-quoted post of all time award!

(those are slow sarcastic claps like in 80's films where everyone joins in)
And then this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilleoin View Post
The reason I need to work on #2, I have a couple of co-workers that vibe really low and it's hard for me to be around them and not just join in. (Back in the day I would have called them emotional vampires...cannot find any joy in anything, no matter how you try to talk to them) Anyone have people like this that they have to interact with? How do you keep yourself from sinking?
That has been a tough one for me in the past too. I think for me, I just remember that it is easier for me to choose joy and happiness than to be negative. And sometimes, I say in my mind, I am peace, I am peace, I am peace.

Quote:
If it's as easy to manifest a castle as a button, is it as easy to manifest Josh Bernstein as it is to manifest a loser butthead?
Hey! He looks cute! I say go for it! What about Kal Penn though? Did you see I suggested him for you a while back? ahem?

Quote:
I think your question, dear catgirl, is.....does James deserve me?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I performed a healing on someone today as a practice. I actually DID it! I saw an amazing healing as well. I mean, amazing. Saw the energy.

I'm totally buzzing. How can I help it?
Your class sounds sooooo cool! I can't wait to hear more about it! Go healing mama!

Quote:
So true, me and dh are like kids together -- do you know what we laughed about for seriously hours on and off yesterday and today? We were looking at eachother at random times trying to make at eachother the face our dd makes when she is pooping (like she stops what she is doing and sort of grunts and gazes off into the distance, it's hilarious and adorable too)-- so different times over the past two days we would be having a normal conversation and one of us would just *pop the face* and we would both just collapse laughing -- this went on for like two days back and forth -- yes, we are weird but we laugh so hard together....

That's love
Before I had kids, I never thought I would talk about poop so much We also joke about dd's poop face. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post

We care! I had a busy weekend and didn't carve out time to respond. but hey--what ever happened to the laughing sex guy? he sounds like a winner.
Yeah, he sounded pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Oh, how I love Scott Noelle!! Here's a quote from the end of today's Daily Groove: "Children who have strong feelings are blessed with strong Inner Guidance." My son is very effusive, and very much connected. I often tell myself similar things, though it mostly happens after the fact. I think I'll start using this as a mantra when we're in the middle of something 'big'.
I too love Scott Noelle. I wish he had a book so I could give it to people. His parenting wisdom is so wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath View Post
Starting the week off behind.

Trying to keep myself shifted and remember to switch my thoughts. For what ever reason I am feeling pretty low this morning. Who knows, I have the tools and know what I want and need to be doing.

Since posting this I have read my horoscope in the paper..."Take your time this morning. You might discover that there is a good reason you feel out of kilter. By the afternoon, ou get your rhythm and might be difficult to hold back."

Hmmmm.
Sounds like an interesting horoscope. hhmmmm indeed

Momtwice, that moving van sounds like a great sign!

Mamadege, I wanted to send you some supportive energy. I am glad that you are able to come here and talk about it.
#129 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
chasmyn, this is just me, but I would choose the one with growth possibilities and that sounds exciting.

The only redeeming quality the other one seems to have is that it pays so much that you are AFRAID not to take it.

Choosing out of fear, rather than out of joy, is the exact reason NOT to choose that one.
You hit it right on the head. We actually had that exact conversation this morning. There is also a bit about guilt, too - this particular company actually reclassified the job so that they could offer him that pay. So for us to then say no, he is taking another offer - we feel a little guilty about that.

But ultimately you're right - he should take the job that feels good. He's calling them now to let them know he wants to take the job that calls to him.

Quote:
I agree with MCAL that you should try each of these on and see what feels best. But reading your descriptions, I will say it looks to me like the only reason you'd take the second job is out of fear of not enough money. As Amris said, that might not be the best motivation. If you took money out of the equation, which job would he choose? I think having happiness day over day is worth $10k, especially since it's a sure way to allow the universe to let that extra money in for you anyway.
So true.

Quote:
Have you done the math to see what that extra $10k will really mean after taxes, and excluding any extras that the higher paying job might cost? For example, if telecommuting part-time, then he's saving money on lunches, coffee, transportation...
We have, yes. It was the first thing I did. A transit pass is going to cost the same whether he uses it or not on the days he telecommutes - it's a monthly pass. BUT I think it is reimbursed by the company. Lunches, too, because we make them either way. Coffee ought to be free at work, so we'd be saving money there, not having to use our yummy organic fair-trade stuff on workdays

Quote:
Can you think of other ways (for now) to trim a little off your monthly budget to make that job seem more doable?
We could stop eating, I suppose

I actually didn't include any misc expenses in the budget - ONLY the utilities, mortgage, transportation, food. Not savings or clothing or auto repair or extras at all.

Quote:
Also, have you looked at tax brackets? There comes a point in annual salary where you bump to a higher tax level, so you might want to see where these two jobs put him and if there's any financial value in the lower paying job.
Yes. I used an online calculator that tells you what you make after taxes and RRSP (like 401K in the US). So it calculates for the tax bracket.

Did I mention I'm a Virgo?

I like to be prepared.

Quote:
Lastly, consider what both these positions might look like financially in five years. You say the first job is a growing company... does that mean potential salary increases in the not so distant future? And the second job is going to stay as is for five years - does that include salary as well?
The first job would mean potential increases, yes. As he advances, increases his skills, he will definitely grow his salary.

The second job - we don't know. DH seems to think that there is less likelihood of growing his salary since he would already be making the top end of what they can pay. Plus it's the same job. And as he says, at his age (he is 34) , he isn't young in IT anymore and he really wants to focus on his career and growing his skills rather than just taking a job that keeps him stagnant. Even if it is a job he would like and pays enough for us to have a good cushion in savings).

Quote:
Ok, so that's all the 'work it out, pros and cons' stuff... However, I'd probably skip all of that and just go with the most important part - go with what feels best. That's the way to follow the magic of the universe.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. I answered your questions because you asked, but truthfully when it comes down to it, despite the pay, the choice seems obvious. I mean, who knows how things will work out - he could advance to being a senior tech within a year and greatly increase his pay - who knows? And the option of telecommuting sometimes and flexible hours is really appealing. We are so much more about family time and having him around as much as we can than having lots of money - although we welcome lots of money, as well!

This job just means that for awhile, things will be as they have been, and that's not a bad thing - we will still be able to put a bit of money into savings every month and eat organic food and live as we enjoy living - just as it has been. I know we can live on this salary and keep our new house and have the things we need. The rest will come - it is exciting to find out how, to watch and see what the Universe has planned.

What a thrilling dilemna to have, right? Two companies vying for him, competing, both with wonderful things to offer - and either way we win. Yep, I welcome such "problems".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Clearly this is a Sign from the Universe, yes?

YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I've just been feeling lately like I'm the oil, and y'all are the rag, like I just don't want to bring my negativity here and bring you ladies down. I haven't been having the easiest time lately.
Bring it on, sistah! Bring on your oil - I'll get my wok and we'll make some crab rangoon! (Or as they call it here in Canada, 'crab cheese'.) Or veggie wontons for the vegans!

Bring it for us, bring it for you - you never know when you're working through something how much the outward discussion of it and working through it might help another person who is lurking, listening, working through something of their own they don't want to talk about. So BRING IT!

We love to support each other, even through the negative - it grows us! If we were just all happy and love and light all of the time where would our challenge be? Where would the opportunity to use and grow our muscles be?

We you! Come and bask in that .
#130 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM

#131 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Oh, and Mamaedge! and and lots and lots of support. This all brings back memories of my own teenage years and what it must have been like for my mother, and what it WAS like for me. I'm only 36 but it all seems so foreign now - when I see teenagers, I realize I don't relate to them anymore except for distantly and that saddens me.

Have you listened to Lisa Nichols talk at all? She is AMAZING, and her work is all about teens and empowering teens and helping them. The interview she did with Bill Harris had me in tears - this is one interview where he actually just got out of the way and let her shine - because of his admiration for her and their friendship - you can really just hear how amazing she is with these teenagers, and I know that she does workshops all over the world. Maybe this is something you could look into? I seriously recommend listening to at least this interview and maybe checking out her website, because there is something she talks about specifically that they do in the workshop. They create a 'safe space' where teens can talk about anything without judgment or repercussions or fear, and then when the parents come for the graduation, the teens want the parents to be included in the safe space, too, and the kids really open up to their parents.

I've seen similar programs to Lisa's , and I promise you, at the end of the weekend these teens' lives are truly transformed, and their relationship with their parents is transformed, as well. I don't know if this is an option for you and your daughter but maybe it is, and if it's even a possibility, I wanted to suggest it for you. She does do scholarship programs as well if money is at all an issue. There is always a way.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer this. Take what you like and leave the rest.
#132 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I'm open to this possibility. In my current state, I think my ability to manifest is totally impacted by what others are doing. Especially my husband and my kids. They are equally as powerful as me, and I want us all to work together, in concert, as much as we can.
So many interesting elements to touch on here! First, I think it is important to note the distinction between manifesting for someone else and influencing someone else. You cannot manifest for someone else, and no one else can manifest for you. However, there are a lot of people that manifest by default; they get carried along by whatever is happening around them, which can give the appearance of having things manifested for them by others. (I believe this is what happens with children - they vibe at whatever is the dominant vibration around them.) So you can be the best you you know how to be, and create a positive influence on those around you. That could result in others meeting your vibration by choice or by default. Or, if those around you are vibrating somewhere completely different, it could cause a mixed bag result in co-creating. I think the result and how we choose to label it really depends on the circumstance.

Another consideration is that not everyone is necessarily 'equally powerful'. An intentional creator is much more powerful than one who creates by default, or is swept along by whatever catches their fancy. It's like someone training to run a marathon and someone that just jogs to the busstop every morning - who's going to be in better shape to run the race? Now, this doesn't mean that we're not all equally powerful at our core. Just that we don't all utilize our natural powers, and abilities that are not focused are much 'slower' than they could be. So, if you are the positive and focused creator in your family, then your housemates will most certainly be swept along with you for as long as they choose that ride.

Lastly, you are only impacted by the actions of others when you allow that for yourself. You are the only person in charge of how you feel. (And how you feel is what dictates whether or not you manifest your desires.) Yes, it can certainly be a bit of a chore to keep vibrating high when people around you insist on vibrating low. And it can be difficult to re-learn that you can choose your feelings and thoughts, and that an action by another cannot cause even the slightest ripple in your pond of well-being. But that really is how it works... you get to choose how you feel regardless of what anyone else is doing around you.

Quote:
I would love to adopt these beliefs as my own.
A belief is just a thought you keep thinking! If there's something you want to believe, just keep repeating the thought to yourself long enough that it becomes real to you. That's the value in affirmations.

Hmmm... Another thought. Sometimes we think we can't have something because it appears as if those around us do not want the same things. That is a limiting belief. If you work on setting your own intentions, and cleaning up your own vibration, you can get what you want regardless of these limitations you think you see. The universe has an infinite number of ways of helping you reach your goals! If you let go of the 'how', you will be suprised and amazed at how you can line up for things that meet the needs of everyone at the table!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#133 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 06:39 PM

Oh my French Toast! Who did this?
<-----------------------
I just noticed it! : It makes me soooo happy! Thank you! ds asked what I was laughing about and I explained someone put it by my name, and he said "That my name!" He was smiling really big when he said it, too. I think he likes the idea that someone else knows his key phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
Oh, but I do want to add this:

My husband (antiLOA guy) explains the detrimental effects of mainstream media in the most LOA way: the war mongers are using news and entertainment to sway the public into wanting (and therefore attracting) things that benefit the power/war mongers. IE: wanting big fast oil powered cars to drive around in; fear of terrorism creates more terrorism (or at least the illusion of it) which justifies war, in the minds of many people. Am I saying this clearly enough? That the public is being duped into attracting for the benefit of the elite.
He's right! And a lot of people don't see it.

Quote:
I've...been around.
me, too. All that we've done and all who we've loved (or merely enjoyed ) contribute to who we are now, and we are, each of us, right now, exactly where we need to be. And we are beautiful and wonderful mahvelous manifesting mamas! I'm glad to hear you'll be around more, adding your marvelouness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmamma View Post
I realized that I was DREAMING about my intentions. I had been making a very detailed list of all the areas of my life and listing my intentions in each area. Does that still count? I think so!!
It totally counts! Maybe moreso. Way cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Have you listened to Lisa Nichols talk at all? She is AMAZING, and her work is all about teens and empowering teens and helping them. The interview she did with Bill Harris had me in tears - this is one interview where he actually just got out of the way and let her shine - because of his admiration for her and their friendship - you can really just hear how amazing she is with these teenagers, and I know that she does workshops all over the world. Maybe this is something you could look into? I seriously recommend listening to at least this interview and maybe checking out her website, because there is something she talks about specifically that they do in the workshop. They create a 'safe space' where teens can talk about anything without judgment or repercussions or fear, and then when the parents come for the graduation, the teens want the parents to be included in the safe space, too, and the kids really open up to their parents.
: I loved all Lisa had to say and the way they create safe space is really wonderful.
#134 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Oh my French Toast! Who did this?
<-----------------------

it was moi

nobody has fessed up to my not a kelly one though! Thank you whoever you are
#135 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM

chasmyn... Sounds like you've all made your decision, and what a fantastic one it is! Way to go! And yeah, total quality problem!

ananas... You are always welcome to throw your rag in the oil, or be the oil we throw our rags into, or mop up the oil, or oil down the rags, or... whatever works! If there's ever anything you need support working through, please do post. That's what we're here for!

Free the Be! Love it!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#136 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Thanks, Carrie! You're so sweet!
#137 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
So many interesting elements to touch on here! First, I think it is important to note the distinction between manifesting for someone else and influencing someone else. You cannot manifest for someone else, and no one else can manifest for you. However, there are a lot of people that manifest by default; they get carried along by whatever is happening around them, which can give the appearance of having things manifested for them by others. (I believe this is what happens with children - they vibe at whatever is the dominant vibration around them.) So you can be the best you you know how to be, and create a positive influence on those around you. That could result in others meeting your vibration by choice or by default. Or, if those around you are vibrating somewhere completely different, it could cause a mixed bag result in co-creating. I think the result and how we choose to label it really depends on the circumstance.

Another consideration is that not everyone is necessarily 'equally powerful'. An intentional creator is much more powerful than one who creates by default, or is swept along by whatever catches their fancy. It's like someone training to run a marathon and someone that just jogs to the busstop every morning - who's going to be in better shape to run the race? Now, this doesn't mean that we're not all equally powerful at our core. Just that we don't all utilize our natural powers, and abilities that are not focused are much 'slower' than they could be. So, if you are the positive and focused creator in your family, then your housemates will most certainly be swept along with you for as long as they choose that ride.

Lastly, you are only impacted by the actions of others when you allow that for yourself. You are the only person in charge of how you feel. (And how you feel is what dictates whether or not you manifest your desires.) Yes, it can certainly be a bit of a chore to keep vibrating high when people around you insist on vibrating low. And it can be difficult to re-learn that you can choose your feelings and thoughts, and that an action by another cannot cause even the slightest ripple in your pond of well-being. But that really is how it works... you get to choose how you feel regardless of what anyone else is doing around you.

A belief is just a thought you keep thinking! If there's something you want to believe, just keep repeating the thought to yourself long enough that it becomes real to you. That's the value in affirmations.

Hmmm... Another thought. Sometimes we think we can't have something because it appears as if those around us do not want the same things. That is a limiting belief. If you work on setting your own intentions, and cleaning up your own vibration, you can get what you want regardless of these limitations you think you see. The universe has an infinite number of ways of helping you reach your goals! If you let go of the 'how', you will be suprised and amazed at how you can line up for things that meet the needs of everyone at the table!
Beautiful post Melanie... awesome!!
#138 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM

Mamadedge

I have manifested illness here : (actually I think it's being in the sun for hours yesterday and the whole weather change) so I won't be contributing much right now, just wanted to hug Mamadedge and send some nice vibes her way.
#139 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 07:42 PM

#140 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that this happens by default when we are uninformed that we are truly creating our own outcomes. (Or when we have been informed, but don't know what to do about it.) That's why it seems important to me to openly communicate our desires (mostly between myself and my husband as I feel we are the designers of our future together, our children obviously chose to come along) and then achieve a level of agreement about of desires FIRST. To me, its a matter of respect. It is a process that will allow me to find out my true desires and create my best possible future.
Yes, communicating your desires with the person(s) you are linked to can sure make life easier! And yes, it is desirable to share with your immediate family. I imagine my life would be a lot less fun if I didn't share common goals with my husband! However, I can certainly see/appreciate cases where coming to an agreement on *specific* desires is not entirely possible for all people. I don't think wanting something different than another family member always means/indicates disrespect. I think it is entirely possible to want what seems to be completely different things, and have that result in a common happy end result. I think you just have to be open to the possibility of there being something that gets you and everyone else what they're looking for. In other words, I would never give up on a dream of mine because someone else didn't want it as their dream.

Quote:
My impression is that we are each completely creating our future whether we know it or not, whether we practice or not, whether it is what we think we want, or not. I don't think that anyone is a less powerful creator because they are uninformed. But I'm open to having my mind changed on this one. (It just hasn't changed yet, KoalaMama ) I remember Amris called that lady with the starting/not starting car a powerful manifester and I tend to agree.
As I said, I think we are all powerful at our core. But if we remove focus, we can be all over the place and our end-result manifestation might be diluted or only a partial match to what we've been asking for. Focus and clarity absolutely lead to a more 'on' manifestation. Holding yourself in a place of allowing absolutely leads to a speedier, easier and more joyful process of manifestation. So it's not a matter of whether or not you are creating your own future - everyone is, no exceptions. It's a matter of how easy or difficult you're making it on yourself, and whether or not you're getting the future you desire! That is what I meant when addressing your use of the term 'equally powerful'... equality in terms of our ability to consciously match our intentions to manifestation.

Abraham says one person consciously creating is more powerful than a million that are not. I love that thought!

Quote:
Well, then, I think we are all allowing ourselves to be impacted by the actions of others. By agreeing to be present here in human form, we are allowing that. I have agreed to abide by the physical properties of the Universe, where action does beget reaction. While I see the benefit of being able to feel good when a perceived harm is done to me, I have no interest in simply feeling good all the time. Does that surprise anyone? Its true. Feeling sad also brings me satisfaction at times.
No surprise here! The range of emotion is a wonderful thing, and sometimes we want to sit somewhere other than 'happy' for a while. Feeling sad can really help you appreciate the times when you feel happy. But my point still stands that what you feel is a choice only you can make. Someone can stand in front of me and call me names and I can choose to be hurt, sad, enraged, tickled, humoured, loved, uplifted, disempowered, hopeful, optimistic, vengeful, ecstatic... It really isn't a matter of what that other person is doing, but more what I choose to allow myself to feel. Yeah, it's harder to feel empowered and joyful when I'm being yelled at than it is when I'm being loved on... but it's still all about me and what I do with it. No one has power over how I feel. Not even a little bit.

Perhaps you're going somewhere else with your thoughts in the above quote? We might be aiming in different directions here.

Quote:
Yes, I do believe this. More and more every day. The universe also contains a number of limiting beliefs that I will graceful accept, like the belief that rain only falls from the sky outside, but never inside my home. I will continue to be limited by this belief, no matter what.
I have to tell you that the first thing I thought when I read this was "unless your roof has a leak".

Melanie
#141 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
:checks for food between teeth:
:sniffs under arms:

do i smell bad or something? : : : did i not use enough cream rinse this morning?

how could it be almost an HOUR with no other posts? :
Isn't it weird when you are all caught up on the thread and no one is posting? the refresh button on my computer gets all worn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
We go home....walk up the stairs and my TM is staring us in the face and DH says....look at your map....I had cut out a picture of the spiral lightbulb and put it on there to represent inspirational ideas coming into my life and I actually manifested a house full of ee lightbulbs for almost free!

I started looking at my TM.....what else is going fall into my lap!
That's so cool! And that is such a fabulous deal on those lightbulbs! Way to go

Quote:
I've...been around.

You know that saying, about how if you put a clean rag in a bucket of oil, the oil isn't going to get cleaner, the rag is going to get dirtier? (or something like that ).

I realize that your positivity is 1000 times stronger than my negativity, and that I have it completely backwards- you are going to rub off on me. So, I'm trying to keep up with the thread this week. Oh, wait, what's that they say about "trying"? I am going to keep up with the thread this week.

Bring it on, I think some oil is good!

Quote:
This is really interesting: last night, before going to sleep (my absolutely FAVORITE time of the day...I can just be comfy and cozy in my warm bed with the knowledge that a full night of sleep is ahead of me (and yes, ds does often still wake me up to come get him to bring him to my bed, rather than MY desire of him waking (or not, which is even better! ) and coming to my bed and getting in without waking me!) and just think my little thoughts), I was going through my intentions for the week. About an hour and a half later, ds woke me up, and I realized that I was DREAMING about my intentions. I had been making a very detailed list of all the areas of my life and listing my intentions in each area. Does that still count? I think so!!
That absolutely counts! How wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
What a thrilling dilemna to have, right? Two companies vying for him, competing, both with wonderful things to offer - and either way we win. Yep, I welcome such "problems".
Truly wonderful dilemma! And you have really thought about every single factor! Wow! It sounds like you have it pretty figured out already. Exciting!

oops, I forgot I had quoted from last week's thread too :

And speaking of last week, thank you for starting the conversation about LoA and world events, and "bad" things Petersmama. It was interesting to delve into and I enjoyed reading the discourse that everyone participated in.

Quote:

Any mom whose had a toddler has been through this I think. We say yes, yes, yes yes, when they are babies and then we have to say no, you may not put your finger up the dog's butt, no, you may not eat that gross thing you found....

and we hate to make them sad for even one millisecond.
Um, this post made me laugh so much! Aren't toddlers amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
I have faith that all will be well, and this will be simply repairable with little or no cost. (well, not embarrassed but it looks right lol)
I've been sending you good car vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebony View Post
Hi mamas! Fremontmama, whom I just adore, told me to come on over here and introduce myself so HELLO!!!

While I've always believed in the "positive thinking" school of thought, all of it in this form is rather new to me. I just made my first treasure map which I loved doing.

I really need some thoughts/advice from you manifesters I am so grateful for any assistance you can provide.

I started a new job last month, which I thought was perfect for me. The reason why is because I studied the organization for many years, and I volunteered for the them. After one month of volunteering, the head told me she had created a position for me, with great hours and some flextime, which is important because I'm a single mom. This job is aligned with my destiny, and I was thrilled to be amongst a group of people whose work I studied as a teenager! I know one can have a certain interest and not be at the right place for that. For example, I took a related job a few years ago, one that I prayed and prayed to get, and it was apparent right away that, even though it was in my area of interest, it was not the right place. But, with this one, since it came to me through volunteering, and rather effortlessly, I thought it was meant to be. Everyone in my life thought it was meant to be because of how everything happened. Remember, I didn't pray for this one in particular because it didn't exist. However, since I arrived, things have not been well. I love the work but my boss, who was great when I volunteered, doesn't seem to like me much at all. She seems very intimidated by me, and I feel that there is some racial tension here. This last point really confuses me, considering she knew I was a person of color when she created the position for me.

OK, so I placed my business card on the "Work" sector of my map. I've read through the entire 2007 TM thread and someone said you may get the job you asked for, but you may be miserable, so it's best to ask for what's best for you and not say anything specific. But, I never "asked" for this job. It just fell into my lap, while doing the work I love! So, now that I'm here, I'm trying to make things better. I didn't mention anything about changing anyone else's behavior, but I placed my card there and wrote affirmations about it being a peaceful work environment and that I and the org are successful in our goals.

It's really important that I figure out what I need to do. Even though this thread is for the 15th-21st, I won't have internet access until next Tues as I'm leaving for business (wish I had a laptop! I put that on my TM). We have a monumental meeting on Monday, April 23 with very important authority figures that I really want to go extremely well. I work for a national non-profit that helps women and children so this is really, really important.

Any ideas, specific affirmations, tips?

TIA!!!
Ebony! I hope that all the advice you have received here has been helpful. I've been thinking about you and sending some peaceful workplace vibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I finished my Treasure Maps though now, looking briefly at the TM thread, mine really aren't treasure maps, especially since I'm not into astrology or Feng Shui. I think I'll call them vision boards. Anyway, I made two. One turned out to be entirely food based It's in the kitchen and has lots of pictures of food and inspirational quotes about healthy eating. The other is the more general one and is in my bedroom. I'll attempt to take pictures and put them up later.

The food map is very picture heavy but the general map is very word heavy. Last time I did this I put up a lot of pictures but this time I found myself feeling uncomfortable with using pictures of other people. I have one of a woman stretching but that's it. So it's mostly words but that's ok, I like words

My daughter did one with me. She put a picture of a piano because she wants to be a musician and she wrote words about cooking because she wants to be a good cook. So I asked her if she wanted to do anything right now to get those things going and first she ran around the house playing a recorder and a maraca at the same time (oy) and then she cooked noodles for her brother She also put the words "good sleep" on there. I asked if she was having trouble sleeping and she said no, she just needs to get more sleep.

My son told me I didn't have to look for pictures of food because he'd make some for me So he made me a lovely drawing of strawberries, watermelons and blueberries growing in a garden.
I liked your Treasure Map stories and the ones you and your dc did. Cool! Oh, and I wanted to say, my map wasn't based on the Feng Shui bagua at all either. I just felt it was enough of a task to organized my head around all my ideas for the map without having to worry about what went where and colors, etc. I just did what felt good!

Quote:
Here it is!! My Treasure Map!

You know, you can check it out... if you want... or whatever... no big deal.... <looking casually off to the side with fingers crossed behind my back, silently whispering "Oh please oh please oh please look!">
It looks great! And I loved seeing all the maps here that I forgot to quote too. Thanks for sharing everyone. I will see if I can manage to get mine on here somehow......
#142 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:34 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of mamas trying to be loving and patient with their terrific toddlers!

I had a conversation today with a male co-worker with a 5 mo, and he started telling me how I should reason : : with my toddler about why he shouldn't run into the road when a car is coming, even though our neighborhood has NO sidewalks so you HAVE to walk in the road and his favorite movie is Cars, where all the cars are friendly and nice (and yes, he ADORES cars, trucks, trains, airplanes, boats......etc!).

I can't wait till his kid is 2. At that point, when he complains about the hair-raising antics of the kiddo, I'll ask him if he tried reasoning with him!
#143 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
manifested a free ride-behind bicycle seat so dd could ride on my bike. now i'm working on getting a working sewing machine & bicyce trailer.

sarah
#144 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM

Alrighty, I don't know if this counts as manifesting or not...but it makes a good story in any case

We woke up Sunday morning to this -horrible- metallic banging sound. It was repetitive, loud, and insistent. I was _sure_ it was our hot water heater (it's in the bedroom closet) 'cause that was about where I could hear it the worst. We shut it off at the breaker, and the sound stopped, so I was sure.

I searched and searched for the manual, couldn't find it.

I was up a good part of the night worrying about how we were going to afford to replace it. But I did have the thought to 'intend' a good solution, or that the problem wasn't what I believed it to be.

After my _very_ chilly shower this morning - I heard it again! With the hot water heater off!

I have now learned, much to my amusement, that we apparently have a love-sick woodpecker banging on the metal antenna on the roof right over our bedroom ! I had no idea that they did that! So no worries, just a naive formerly-city girl...
#145 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas!!!

Koala, thanks for your sweet words... I always forget how wonderful y'all are when I start feeling guilty!

Quote:
We care! I had a busy weekend anddidn't carve out time to respond. but hey--what ever happened to the laughing sex guy? he sounds like a winner.
The laughing was the only good thing about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
quick technical question - i signed up for notes from the universe several days ago and have yet to receive one. anybody know what that could be about?
It took a few days for them to start coming to me, too... though you should check your bulk folder! But you're not alone. Just be open to receive!

Quote:
by the Power of my Awesomeness, yes?
You know it!!

Quote:
Yes! It was awesome. Especially since now I won't have to go back to fighting you : for James Ray!!!

Oh, you silly girl. You don't have to date them all. Just manifest a whole bunch of really great potential men to come into your life so you have an ABUNDANCE to choose from and/or just have fun! You can meet wonderful men in each country you visit, showing you that there are men everywhere that have wonderful qualities that you can appreciate and notice.

Last year, I suddenly started to notice men everywhere. It was literally like I hadn't noticed men in a year and suddenly the men truck broke down in my town and there were cute, single guys everywhere! I met a couple of interesting people online, saw cute men in town and even flirted with a newly single neighbor. I told my friends "It's raining men." And from that, I did have the most wonderful relationship. First, it was just fun to see the beauty and notice men everywhere. Second, it was nice to see there was an abundance of men I was interested in and third, it was nice to choose to date one with whom I had an amazing connection. But it was all very playful and very fun. I had attracted many men into my life....but some of them I never even met, I simply admired their beauty from a far.

It's just a way to be playful and fun. You don't have to date them all, just notice them and allow them to show you how wonderful they are and how you can be attracted to many different and wonderful qualities!!!
After I wrote that before, and I started thinking about it, I realized it's not totally true -- you're absolutely right! There are plenty of guys I've dated or met and had it go nowhere and been totally fine, plus better for the experience! (Hottie McGorgeous being the perfect example -- he was boring and self-absorbed but I SURE had fun lookin' at him! )

I guess I just hate when I get attached and it doesn't work out.

Quote:
I think I read *Are You There God It's Me Margaret* a few too many times...
I kept reading it over and over trying to figure out how the "belt" worked! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
:checks for food between teeth:
:sniffs under arms:

do i smell bad or something? : : : did i not use enough cream rinse this morning?

how could it be almost an HOUR with no other posts? :
That's why you usually see 10 posts from me in a row... (see last night) because no one else is posting and I keep thinking of new things to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Oh, and Devon, I looked at your intended and all I can say is
You go, girl! (You can always convert, right? )
You know, it's so funny too, because I always say my favorite Sex and the City man is Harry and Charlotte converted for him!!

Shalom!

Quote:
I've...been around.

I went through that myself a few weeks ago... the positivity here is SO INCREDIBLE I think it can wipe out even the worst : !! And never be afraid to say ANYTHING! We're all here for each other!!
And by your example, maybe you feel like a dirty rag and we're actually a bucket of Oxi-Clean (which, by the way, is MAGIC)!!

Come on, you gotta have SOMETHIN'

Quote:
How efficient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
: Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had wonderful weekends!

Since we had our yard sale on Saturday and I finished my Treasure Map on Thursday, I am feeling a little like I dont have big concrete projects to think about, which is actually kind of nice. Instead I am going to focus on other intentions this week.

I am patient and love unconditionally dd

I am so grateful for dh and our life together

I have a fun week and feel organized and peaceful

I am grateful for our house and the shelter it gives us

I am grateful that I am allowing abundance into our lives more and more every day

Hey! He looks cute! I say go for it! What about Kal Penn though? Did you see I suggested him for you a while back? ahem?
A little too famous though his bro really is one of my favorite people.

Quote:
it was moi

nobody has fessed up to my not a kelly one though! Thank you whoever you are
What am I, on your Ignore List or something?? I totally confessed
#146 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:31 PM

ugh - Penny and WuWei, thanks for your messages - I'm going to have to pass on calling tonight, as I've manifested me a stomach bug. :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#147 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 09:58 PM

#148 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMama View Post
You made a lot of good points that I'm not even going to address right now because I have a lot of laundry and pick-up to do around here, but just real quick I wanted to say: As I was writing that, I was going to say the law of gravity, but then I thought to myself that I should would love to learn how to levitate some day, which of course would mean letting go of the belief in the law of gravity. So, I chose something else. : I mean who am I kidding? Do I actually think it is less likely to rain inside my house then me levitating some day? Yes. I actually do. :

And by the way, when I was pregnant with my first son, my husband made a video of me sitting cross legged in our yard - levitating!! I'm sure that will help me truly manifest this skill some day (in my old age, I hope).

Oh My French Toast! That's hilarious!

Melanie
#149 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 10:16 PM

I don't have anything much to say but felt the need to stop and say , especially to all the new manifesting mamas!

If I get time later, I'll post something I want to share w/you all.
#150 of 709 Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 PM

MAmas, Mamas, OMG! So here's what just happened:

DH spoke to the rep for the company that had the lower paying job but cool advancement opportunities, and for some reason, they rescinded their offer. Even though they were offering $10K less than the other job, it was still $5K higher than they wanted to go, and for whatever reason, they decided they no longer wanted to go that high.

So now there is one choice - the job that pays $10K higher! :

DH and I had had a conversation and I said to him, "The Universe will let us know which is the right one - it's going to be clear." It felt like the right one was the lower paying one - neither of us were thrilled about the paycheck, but the growth opportunities were enticing, so much so that we were willing to compromise on salary.

But as we were about to accept the offer, we discovered that they had rescinded it (all of this is happening through headhunters, so is all via a third party that we receive and give information). So wow, the choice is really clear now, isn't it?

When DH first told me I felt bad because I thought that he had really wanted that other job, but he told me that he had been okay with either one - they really are both good companies to work for, both have excellent benefits packages, and he said he did read on their website that there might be opportunities for telecommuting. plus he can study on his own and being at one place all the time (the other one was consulting and he'd have had a different job site all the time), he can get a gym membership and work out on his lunch break like he did at his former job. And that makes him happy. He really is okay with this other place and mamas, I am SO okay with this paycheck.

And the thing is, there could very well be opportunities for growth and advancement in this company, as well (he has now told me), because he could transfer to different projects within the company, etc.).

So what I'm saying is: apparently the Universe had other ideas about which was the right choice, so much so that it eliminated all doubt!

Either that or the wealth and money corner of my treasure Map are so powerful that they overrode everything else

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page