Question for Jewish Mommas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-28-2003, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep hearing these really cool things about Judaism!
Like that children are supposed to nurse for a certain number of years, and that when you get married your two souls become one.

Is there a book that has these things in it somewhere, so I can get a copy and look into it?

TIA!
#2 of 6 Old 06-29-2003, 10:42 AM

Lot of books, Faith.

We are, after all, "the people of the Book." Or should I say "the people of the Books." Lots of 'em. Whole libraries of 'em.

One about concepts of marriage and soulmates that also covers breastfeeding? That is a stretch. Will have to think about that. Though you could find a particular magazine called "Natural Jewish Parenting" that might cover it. It's published by an AP homeschooling Jewish (Chabadnik) mama and it's kind of like a "Mothering" magazine from a Torah perspective.

It might cover what you're asking about.

There's a website, too, but it's not up&running at the moment ...
#3 of 6 Old 06-30-2003, 02:12 AM

You can also search this forum for the words jewish marriage or jewish breastfeeding, nursig, etc.
There have been many informative jewish threads.

-BelovedBird

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#4 of 6 Old 07-02-2003, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!
I will look into it.
#5 of 6 Old 07-04-2003, 01:13 AM

merpk, I subscribed to NJP and got one issue, then nothing. The last issue (frum the farm) had a letter from the editor or some note that made it sound like they were having trouble getting articles, and like she was doing it all herself. Do you get the magazine or did it die? I wonder about the latter since you say the website is gone...I never found one.

Dd has been running me around so much I can't find my old issues to get a contact number - do you have it?

Thanks.
#6 of 6 Old 07-04-2003, 09:28 AM

they do have a website, I think it's NaturalJewishParenting.com.

And they are very slow between issues, I know. It's a real home-published magazine, by a very AP mama with very young children, who also homeschools ... and as an observant Jewish person, who also has to make Shabbos every week ... ... anyway, she sometimes gets a little behind schedule. Eventually it shows up, is all I know ... I always end up getting my subscription fee's worth ...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page