LDS Mamas and Papas #43 - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#571 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And is anyone else shocked that it's august? I totally was unexpecting the thread change to come up. It hit me like, "Why? Oh- NO WAY! It's August!"
#572 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I had a burger with brie cheese I can't stand burgers from fast food joints anymore since dh and I get so creative when we make them ourselves!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#573 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 PM

I brought trout, a baked potato, broccoli, and cake for lunch, but my company had leftovers from the company party. So I had a cheeseburger, pasta salad, frog-eye salad, a Fat Boy Jr., and cake

Hmmm.... I just inadvertently typed 'salad' instead of 'cake'. What does that mean? Maybe I'm trying to pretend I fit into the healthy-eating aspect of MDC better, lol.

Also, as I was reading LTB's post asking what everyone had, I was listening to Weird Al Yankovic's song "Girls Just Want to Have Lunch"
#574 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

We haven't gone grocery shopping yet so I have nothing in my home to eat. So I've been munching on leftovers from my kid's lunches. I've had a small bag of pretzels, baked cheetos and a chocolate cookie. I'm not feeling very well
#575 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klg47 View Post
Hmmm - 15 more posts about number aversions would get us up to 30

Stacymom - Though I agree that 29 is a weird number since it's a prime. Numbers like 15 are ok because they are multiples of other numbers (though maybe you don't like 15 because it's odd and only a multiple of other odd numbers)
No, fifteen is fine. And most even numbers are fine, although 18 and 28 are weird. I have a birthday on the 1st, my dh on the 15th, dd#1 on the 16th, and o ur anniversary is the 16th. Dd really threw me for loop being born on the 29th. But of course, if you knew her, you would know she has to make an entrance and be different.

Your lunches sound yummy. My girls were playing at a friends' house so I had ham and cheese ona tortilla nuked in the microwave. And some Ben and Jerry's for after, just because my kids weren't here to ask for some.

And my browser says this thread is on page 20. Ya'll should adjust your settings. :

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
#576 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 PM

alright, weird aversions. For some reason, I'm okay with odd numbers, but I have aversions to asymmetrical things. I wear a wedding ring on my right hand as well because I feel off balance otherwise. So I understand all you other weirdos
hmm, lunch. I made the mistake of taking my lobelia tea on an empty stomach. It burned my throat and made me nauseous, so that about killed lunch. I don't know if I will try that again. Lobelia is supposed to help finish a miscarriage, or help a viable pregnancy stick. I'd be okay with either one right now. I feel like I'm in TTC purgatory.
#577 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
And my browser says this thread is on page 20. Ya'll should adjust your settings. :
Wow, I never even knew there was a # of posts per page option! I left mine at 20, since that's what I'm used to, but I changed the skin to Lavender. Although it's mostly GREEN, not lavender, lol.
#578 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 PM

oooh I have a HUGE issue with symmetry! Like, when I was pregnant and dh needed to tie my shoes for me, if he retied the one that came undone and made it feel way tighter than the other, I'd spaz and he'd either have to retie it losely, or tie the other one just as tight. Both shoes have to be tied the exact same tightness, or I just cannot cope. I think this OCD thing is very rampant in my family. I remember once there was 2 candles on one side of the mantle at my mom's house, and none of us kids could handle it! One of us moved one so there was one on each side. Nice n even But for some reason the need for symmetry doesn't extend to jewelry! My "permanent" (don't take it off for ANYTHING) jewelry consists of wedding and engagement ring on my left hand, a dollar store ring on my right middle finger, and a VBAC bracelet from the ICAN store on my left wrist. The hand asymmetry should bug the heck out of me but it doesn't.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#579 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
NCD nice of you to post that and the direct our attention to the new thread.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
My youngest was born on the 29th of June, and it still gives me theshivers sometimes.
Okay, but ... 6/29

6+29=35. 3+5=8. Even number.

Or 6+2+9=17. 1+7=8. Even number.

Or 62+9=71. 7+1=8. Even number.

Or 69+2=71. 7+1=8. Even number.

Now you can feel good about your youngest's birthday. It is even. Though the fact that no matter how you add them up it equals eight is a little ... strange.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#580 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
Now you can feel good about your youngest's birthday. It is even. Though the fact that no matter how you add them up it equals eight is a little ... strange.
Wow. Yeah. That IS freaky.

And from the backseat, I'm yelling, "Are we THERE yet?"

Nope, one more post I think.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#581 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 07:29 PM

nevermind :X i thought this would be on page 30 but its not!

eta: what!!! When I first posted this it didn't show up on page 30 and now it does. how'd that happen..lol

#582 of 582 Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM

yeah but if you look under the heading, it's 580 replies. either way, i fixes it for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page