Pagan Summer Camp: Week 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Splish Splash I was taking a bath...errrrr...Good morning campers and welcome to the Wonderful World of Water!

I decided to borrow a bit liberally from a certain series of books so without further ado, welcome to History of Magic.

So, what do we know about water?
Quote:
Nothing in the world is more flexible and yielding than water. Yet when it attacks the firm and the strong, none can withstand it. -Tao Te Ching
Symbols:
a cauldron or chalice

the west

the evening

Water brings a sense of physical, spiritual, or emotional movement and can cleanse, purify, transform, and nurture.

Water is linked to emotions
The moon, pluto, and neptune are the water planets
Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces are the water signs

Many plants, flowers, and herbs are linked to water. A few are:
Apple, Ambergris, Balm of Gilead, Catnip, Chamomile, Cherry, Comfrey, Elder Flowers, Eucalyptus, Hibiscus, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Lemon, Licorice, Lilac, Lotus, Poppy, Raspberry, Rose, Spearmint, Strawberry, Thyme, Valerian, Vanilla, Violet, Yarrow

Deep Thought:
Cut an apple in half (take a peek at that pentacle!) and meditate on the following while munching:

Quote:
All the water that will ever be is, right now. - National Geographic, October 1993
Quote:
Between earth and earth's atmosphere, the amount of water remains
constant; there is never a drop more, never a drop less. This is a story of
circular infinity, of a planet birthing itself. - Linda Hogan, "Northern Lights," Autumn 1990

Hanging with the House Elves:
History can be a dry subject, so once your apple is gone just sit back and relax with a bubbly glass of WombatClay's Wowza Water (a big thank you Nanny Ogg for this messy treat):

-one part cherry, raspberry, or vanilla kefir (thin flavored yogurt with water and stir well if you don't have kefir available)
-one part vanilla cream soda or lemon seltzer
-fizzing vitamin c tablets (or mentos if you must)

Mix kefir and soda, add vit c tablets/mentos to each glass, stand back. Yum!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Fun!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM

subbing early! yippee!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a scorpio and almost became a marine biologist, so I've always had a "thing" about water... I can't bear the thought of living far from water and can't wait till we move back to the sea. And when I think of magic, and peace, and spirit, and power the images are all water based. It's funny, and kind of odd, but huge chunks of the country just don't appeal to me as a place ot live simply because they are too far away from the ocean!

On the other hand I'm allergic to seafood...fish, shellfish, crustaceans, fresh or salt, it doesn't matter. I can't eat it! And sharks scare me silly. There's nothing like a large body of water to drive home the fact that I live in a very narrow band of just a few feet...there is a whole world below my swimming feet with rules and customs and dangers. I'm actually less afraid of the ocean than I am of smaller bodies of water though...it's odd, but part of me feels like it would be "okay" to drown in the ocean since it is SO big and SO strong while smaller bodies of water (like a lake or river) should be "survivable". DH thinks I'm nuts (and I probably am) but there it is!

I also love the realization that all the water that ever will be is right now. Water that cushioned my dd in my womb has returned to the world cycle and may, some day, cushion another child...or dance in a fountain, spend a slow century seeping through a limestone cave, bury a mountain in snow, ride on someone's final breath...and to think that that water had already been on that journey who knows how many times before it paused for a few months to bless my dd!

It amazes me to think of the adventure each drop of water has travelled and will travel...

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 PM

I also love the realization that all the water that ever will be is right now. Water that cushioned my dd in my womb has returned to the world cycle and may, some day, cushion another child...or dance in a fountain, spend a slow century seeping through a limestone cave, bury a mountain in snow, ride on someone's final breath...and to think that that water had already been on that journey who knows how many times before it paused for a few months to bless my dd!

Wow, beautifully said,,,, I never really thought of it that way, but I have had 3 kids and the thought that their "cushion" has gone on to dance in a fountain is just beautiful.

I am a libra sun/libra moon but have also always felt incredibly drawn to the sea even though I grew up inland in the mountains. But then I have also always felt incredibly drawn to the snow, heavy rain and all forms of water.
I also have a fear of drowning, get severely claustrophobic when snorkeling, and am a relatively poor swimmer, although I can swim some.
I live neat the puget sound and go several times a week to visit my "center". I have noticed that I need to go when there are not many people around, and usually it is at sunset when there are waves. If it is smooth, it just doesn't calm and center me.
Combine the moon and the waves and you have the perfect centering influence in my opinion.....
Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM

Subbing!! Woo-Hoo for water.

Quote:
All the water that will ever be is, right now. - National Geographic, October 1993
I loved this! I didn't know that and what a powerful thought! Great info!

Anytime I think/meditate on water I always picture a small mountain lake. The ocean is beautiful to me but I've always been drawn to still, glass-like water over ocean waves.

Looking forward to a great week of camp!

-Rachel

Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM

mmmm. water. i love it.

anyone here have a water birth? i wanted that so badly. thought it would be the ideal way. *sigh*.

i think you can guess that i am a water sprite is so many senses of the term. i was an avid swimmer by my first summer (fall baby), swam on the swim team, went to marine biology camp (longed to be a marine biologist, but couldnt get the grades in chem)... and must, at least once a year, venture to the sea to recharge. i love the sound of water, and want to install an indoor water feature! ds and i play in the kiddie pool or just the hose almost everyday, and this time of year, with the storms (it's been raining all day so far today... nothing like waking to the sound of rain!), garden, walk, or play in the rain as much as i can.

we've been talking a lot about fears too, so i will say, i do have a deep respect for the powers of water (living in AZ and seeing floods, you cant but!)-- and, actually, a rather big fear of the ocean. one summer at marine biology camp, i was caught in a rip tide and nearly drowned. i'd been standing in water that was ankle deep at the time, so it was quite horrifying. that same summer, i was stung horribly by jelly fish, and almost attacked by a sea lion.... so, yeah, there's a bit of fear/awe/trepedation there. i've not gone swimming in the ocean since, acutally, though i used to spend the better part of my summer trips to CA in the ocean. i ought to get over that one, esp. as ds showed signs of being frightened by the waves on our last trip to the beach.

as for the cleansing properties of water.... this is huge for me. water played a pivotal role in both dealing with my difficult pregnancy, and in recovering from my birth experience. tears, obviously... many of them shed in the shower! but also rain, rivers, ponds, trinkles of water.... all of it contributed to my healing.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM

So I took this water inspiration and the kids and I went for a walk down the street and they played in a little wash area near our house. It was so nice. It was drizzling... it has been raining off and on for 7 hours now. LOL It was lovely out. LOL

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Really beautiful, Clay!

I'm another water lover- even though I was born under a fire sign. I particularly love hot water (really hot baths, hot tubs and-best of all- hot springs), so maybe it makes sense. I learned to swim very young and still love it. I feel so free when I am swimming- I think I may be part otter. I love being at the coast, but over all I'm pretty intimidated by the vastness of the ocean and all that is unseen. Freud would have fun with that statement, I'm sure.

We are blessed to live beside a creek that is more like a long, twisty pond because it was dammed for irrigation of fields. It is wonderful to watch the wind and sun playing on the water- to watch the birds that live in or near the water- to take rows in the canoe.

Quote:
A significant fraction of the human body is water. This body water is distributed in different compartments in the body. Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water. Blood contains 83% water, body fat contains 25% water and bone has 22% water.-Wikipedia

Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh nothing relaxes me faster or centers me more fully than the sound of water! I have this memory of being 4 years old or so that I've never lost: My mom would wake me up early in the am for me to head to preschool or for us to get ready to do what we needed to do for the day. She'd get into the shower and I would grab a big warm towel and lay under it on our giant bathroom rug until she was done. It was such a cool way to wake up, especially in winter and fall months. It also is one of my fave memories of my mom.

To this day running water, especially a shower, puts me in a cozy warm place. I am dealing with some health issues (and those health issues cause emotional issues..etc) and I have found myself very pulled to nice warm showers here and there.

We recently went to a beautiful water fall and although it had been a stressful day I immedietly felt so entranced by it. I could have stayed for hours and hours. I will try to post pictures soon.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Dungeons are damp...and that means it's time for POTIONS!

Looking back at that list of herbs and flowers associated with water, a few potions spring to mind.

Potion One
Comfrey is a great herb for healing (just ask my bottom bits ) and it resonates with the element of water...soothing, supporting, and healing.

Take one part beeswax, four parts olive oil. Put the oil in a glass bowl and stir in a few handfuls of comfrey. Let this sit for a few hours or days before straining the comfrey out (or add some comfrey oil directly to the olive oil).

Melt the beeswax in a double boiler (or put a small pot/metal bowl iside a larger pot that has some water in it). When melted, add the olive oil and stir till the mix is clear again. If you didn't make comfrey oil earlier, add a handful of finely ground dry comfrey now, or add a little comfrey oil and stir.

Pour into a container and cool. This makes a great salve for bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes.

Potion Two
Not all bumps and bruises are physical, and water is perfect for refreshing and
healing the psyche and soul as well. Substitute rose oil for the comfrey to make a salve for the soul. Rose is a child of water, bringing gifts of love, healing, protection, beauty, and psychic ability.

Potion Three
To attract Faeries and gain Courage take thyme and add it to olive oil. Let the oil sit under the light of the moon for three days. Use the oil to anoint your eyes to see the fey folk under the moon. (would probably make a nice salad dressing to, come to think of it!)

Potion Four
To bring sweet sleep, soft dreams, and good fortune add one small handful of dried chamomile flower to one mug of boiling water. Allow the chamomile to steep, then strain. Drink warm before bed.

Deep Thought:
Quote:
The cure for anything is salt water sweat, tears, or the sea. - Isak Dinesen
Which cure do you need now...sweat, tears, or the sea? What do these three things mean to you? What potions do you need to support this cure and which ingredients from yesterday's list speak loudest to the water that flows through your veins?

While you think, spoon out a bowl of Cold Cherry Soup. Mmmm, watery goodness!

2 pounds fresh cherries (pitted)
2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons kirsch (optional)
1 cup creme fraiche, heavy cream, whipped cream, or sour cream

Stir together the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Puree the cherries in a food processor using some of the sugar/water mixture to get them moving or smoosh them in a food mill. Combine the sugar/water mixture, lemon juice, and kirsch with the pureed cherries. Taste the soup. If it's too tart, add 2 or 3 tablespoons sugar dissolved in 1/2 cup water. If it needs to be tangier, add more lemon juice. Chill.

Serve in chilled bowls. Decorate with a few cherry halves and serve with the cream. A tiny splash of vanilla in the cream might be yummy and add another "water" symbol to the mix...or throw a few rose petals on top...or serve in bowls made from ice!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Oh, how I long for the ocean. We live next to Lake Erie (ok 7minutes from it) but I just doon't like going...it is gross but give me the ocean and I am a happy momma. We are staying at a resort/beach house next June and I am itching to go!

In general, I am fed up with water...all I drink is water or some water with lemon and I am done, done, done with it. If I leave the house, I have to take water. O.k. breathe in, out. all better.

Now, a refreshing shower, bath or dip in the pool...i love that form of water.

Wombat- those potions sounds so soothing...hmmmm...need beeswax

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 08-07-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

If you're planning on using it fairly soon, honey makes a wonderful base for a healing salve. Crush the comfrey, put it in a glass container with honey and let it "soak". Then smear the herbal honey blend on any owies.

And if the herbs being used are edible the herbal honey blend is a great addition to tea or to drizzle on yogurt or bread or chicken. A soothing cup of chamomile tea with valerian rose honey should knock you out and help in a dream quest for example.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM

Mamas, I wanted to share an experience from my walk this morning. I stepped outside, expecting for it to feel muggy, but instead it was only hot (which was still a relief!). Then there was a breeze enveloped me in a pleasantly cool mist and accompanied me for my walk.

An ocean breeze traveled to meet me today - what a journey! :
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
I am dealing with some health issues (and those health issues cause emotional issues..etc) and I have found myself very pulled to nice warm showers here and there.
huge hugs, momma! i was sick most of my pregnancy, and the only thing that made me feel "right" was a shower. healing vibes to you!

Quote:
Dungeons are damp...and that means it's time for POTIONS! Potion Two

Not all bumps and bruises are physical, and water is perfect for refreshing and
healing the psyche and soul as well. Substitute rose oil for the comfrey to make a salve for the soul. Rose is a child of water, bringing gifts of love, healing, protection, beauty, and psychic ability.

While you think, spoon out a bowl of Cold Cherry Soup. Mmmm, watery goodness!
is snape with us? : did you know that rose is an antidepressant? my grandparents had 130 rose bushes. i miss their yard! i've been a cherry wench lately. i have a bowl in the fridge, and whenever i'm a bit low or peaked, i pop one, and instant joy! ahhh. maybe i'm reminded of the summer dh and i did the lake mich circle tour and picked a bazillion cherries in traverse city! YUM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Cherries are a "water" fruit that is under the blessing of Venus and Oya (if either of those pantheons floats your boat to throw in a totally gratuitous water reference ). The sweet cherry in particular relates to divination and love...

I find rose to be a very soothing scent and one that relates well to the water...there is a small state park on the Maine coast with hundreds of little wild rose bushes growing near the sea. It's a very rocky area and DH and I only visited the park a few times (never saw anyone else there) but the smell of salt and rose was wonderful.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Cherries are a "water" fruit that is under the blessing of Venus and Oya (if either of those pantheons floats your boat to throw in a totally gratuitous water reference ). The sweet cherry in particular relates to divination and love...

I find rose to be a very soothing scent and one that relates well to the water...there is a small state park on the Maine coast with hundreds of little wild rose bushes growing near the sea. It's a very rocky area and DH and I only visited the park a few times (never saw anyone else there) but the smell of salt and rose was wonderful.
well, since venus is retrograde at the mo, maybe that's why i'm enjoying them so! actually, that makes sense... they are a very sexy fruit, imo! ;-)

there's a park like that in OR that i love.... ahhh. missing the sea!!!! maybe that's mine... it's surely not sweat or tears... too much of that in my life last year.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking deep thoughts about sweat/tears/sea and realized there is a lot of wiggle room there...

Sweat- hard work, but also a sauna, exercise, even really good nookie
Tears- sorrow and the release of grief or pain, but also intense joy and breath stealing laughter, or a reaction to beauty
Sea- the obvious body of salt water, but also a face of nature, raw power, the encompassing mother goddess or the salt sea of our own blood and inner soul.

There is so much (good and bad) going on in my life right now and since so much of it is emotional...this is a good week for me to focus on water I think.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM

I just got back from the gym and I had the most amazing workout. I've been having an issue lately, a fear actually, and last night I meditated on it. Today while working out really hard and sweating my butt off, I found my peace in the form of a quote in a magazine. Guess sweat was my cure today.

"A ship is safe in horbor, but that's not what ships are for." -William Shedd

-Rachel

Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 AM

hiya mamas. do you all mind if i join you?

i'm starting a "pixie path" group for my son and our friend's little girl and maybe one or two more kids. we're going to meet once a month near the new moon and do fun kids type pagan stuff. i figure in the beginning we'll just do an elements path... since it will be fall when we start, i guess we'll start at water.

looking for ideas for family activities, books to read, songs to sing, etc....

water is actually the element i have always been most drawn too over my life... even to the point of unbalance. i had to work hard to develop a relationship with fire and esp air. things are better balanced now.

born of water
cleansing
powerful
healing
changing
we are
born of water

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Heyla! and welcome...

The pixie path group sounds like fun

Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Water is necessary for life, but water can take life too. Water has many faces and forms and this power makes water a potent ally in the Defense Against the Dark Arts!

Without too much trouble you can probably think of a half dozen traditional uses of water to protect...holy water is a classic example, as is the belief that evil entities cannot cross running water. The faces of the divine associated with water are often also associated with power and protection...Brigit/Bride, Mehet-Weret, Saraswati, Yemaya, Stella Maris.

Holy Water
Take one large bowl of water (rain water, flowing water from a stream, ocean water, or dew collected over several days). Set the water to sit beneath the light of the moon for three days. Add three handfuls of sea salt and stir with your left hand till dissolved. The resulting holy water can be used as is to cleanse ritual tools or cleanse and protect your home. Splash a little around your work area, sprinkle your loved ones as they leave for the day, pour some out on your doorstep to guard your home.

---Or if you're a bit busy for catching rainwater and don't get out of bed till the dew is long gone... Fill a bowl with tap water and add three pinches of sea salt. Stir with your left hand. Or if the wolf is truly at the door grab some bottled water, add some salt, and shake. I keep a few of those little fast food salt packs in my bag and car "just in case"---

To Purify the Mind and Body with the Tides
Take a large handful of sea salt and grind it into a fine powder. If available,
grind a few pieces of dried seaweed and add to the salt powder (some grocery stores will have seaweed in the natural foods aisle). Add enough olive oil to make a thick paste. During a shower or bath, scrub yourself with this paste, starting at your head and working towards your feet. Don't forget to scrub your back, the bottoms of your feet, and palms of your hands. As you scrub picture the tide rolling in...nothing can stop it, nothing can turn it back, nothing can stand against it. The ocean is a heart of transformation, the irritant becomes a pearl, the hard shell hides a glowing jewel, and the salt scrubs away the irritants of your own life leaving you refreshed, protected, and renewed.

Rinse yourself in warm water and picture the negativity draining away with the falling tide.

Deep Thought:
Quote:
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water. - Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac, 1746
What dark arts have drained your own well? Do you allow yourself the time to renew and recharge? How can you use the power of water to defend yourself from the dark (whether that dark is internal, external, emotional, physical)?

Water is a potent ally in the defense against the dark arts. Alcohol is another
(nothing closes down your psychic ability like alcohol...every psychic first aid kit should have a tiny flask of sweetened alcohol to restore energy and close those senses!). While you ponder your defenses, perhaps a little sorbet will help?

Grape sorbet:
3 pounds of grapes
2 tbls lemon juice
3 cups wine
1/3 cup sugar

Puree grapes in blender, strain. Heat in saucepan and add lemon, sugar, and wine. Stir till sugar is dissolved. Cover and chill in the freezer stirring every 15-20 minutes (to create a slushy instead of an ice cube). For children, use grape juice or other non-alcoholic beverage.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

A lot of you know about my own attempts to use "magic" and positive intention to improve my neighborhood and protect my family. Since I feel you can't remove a negative without replacing it with a positive (or the negative just comes back or gets even worse) I've tried to get creative in my efforts. Water has really been the element I've turned to.

One thing I do is make plenty of "sacred salt water" and use this to wash down the sidewalk in front of my house once a week (or more often if possible). I've also mixed up batches of Miracle Grow and used this to water the roadside plantings...charging the fertilizer mix with positive energy and visualizing the growth of community spirit, legitimate work opportunities for the young people who deal on the corner, and good luck. (I'm a big believer in good luck...anyone familiar with The Fifth Element?).

I also made a small "sacred well" next to our door. Okay, perhaps sacred bird bath is closer. A small bowl partially buried with water plants around it. I've been invoking goddesses like Brigit who are closely linked to sacred wells and who are "protectors".

I also use a holy water/rosemary blend when I'm cleaning the house to cleanse and protect at te same time...I use it to dampen the dust cloth, I use it to mop the floor, I wipe the windows/doors/computer/tv/hearth/water taps with the holy water to cleanse and guard the entrances of my home. Lemon is another good oil to add to the holy water since it too is a child of water and it brings bright energy and enhances awareness and communication...not a bad thing in the living room!

After I cleanse my house with the water/rosemary mix I sometimes go back and do a quick wipe with rose oil or another scent that speaks to whatever I need to manifest in my life. A little essential oil on the inside of a lamp shade is a quick and easy aromatherapy trick...a handful of ground herb and a small stone charged with an intention and wrapped in a little cheesecloth makes a wonderful sachet to stick in the corner of a bookcase, or behind the computer, or in a drawer.

Some sea salt, a small mirror tile (the kind from a craft store for making mosaics), some dried rosemary, and a pearl makes a wonderful protective charm to carry in a backpack, glove compartment, or diaper bag...the salt absorbes and transforms negativity, the mirror reflects ill intention back on the sender, the rosemary is protective, and the pearl represents the transformation of a negative into a positive.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

wombatclay- I am LOVING all these awesome ideas! I'm learning so much this week. Thank you!!

-Rachel

Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM

wombatclay, you are in ithaca? do you know zoe? (can't remember her last name) she is in the reclaiming community down there.

(i am near rochester)

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Yup I'm in Ithaca!

I do know a Zoe, but she isn't part of Reclaiming. Actually I was a part of a Reclaiming group in Boston but havent' connected with any Reclaiming folk here in Ithaca. I'm not sure why exactly, but I have a really low tolerance for psycho-drama/group politics these days so I'm leary of groups. (I saw an ad for the group here maybe two years ago but haven't seen/heard anything since then).

I've been trying to get out to Rochester and Dino BBQ for months now...maybe we'll meet IRL some day!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Super stuff, Clay. Thank you!

Quote:

Sweat- hard work, but also a sauna, exercise, even really good nookie
Tears- sorrow and the release of grief or pain, but also intense joy and breath stealing laughter, or a reaction to beauty
Sea- the obvious body of salt water, but also a face of nature, raw power, the encompassing mother goddess or the salt sea of our own blood and inner soul.
Wonderful! The need to release with tears or sweat is a weekly thing for me. It can be difficult, but the end result is good.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Yup I'm in Ithaca!

I do know a Zoe, but she isn't part of Reclaiming.

maybe we are talking about different zoes? the zoe i am talking about taught at both the dreamroads and vermont witchcamps. she is married to a guy names hawkeye? works in higher education.

i heard NOLA BBQ was better!!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
i love this! thank you. yesterday, missing the sea, and that garden in particular, i made two small "sea scapes"... took round "rose bowl" vases, filled them with water, pebbles, shells, and sea glass collected from the beach, and clipped some stray vine tendrals. windswept and wild looking... a bit of sea mist in the home.

i also love your cleansing things. i do this, too... like i said in the fire camp, most of my purifying rituals involve fire, but i have several with water-- one involves a spray bottle of vodka/water-- like febreeze, sans chemicals.

i need to go do something i dont really want to do, but after, i will have myself a water cleansing ritual. :
Old 08-08-2007, 05:27 PM

ok, i spent way too much time doing that and now i'm very upset... off to test the cleansing powers of water.......: <and no rain today, either, bummer!>

User Tag List