LDS Mamas and Papas #44 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here we are, new thread. Have at it!

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Subbing...

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Okay... now should we keep introducing ourselves? Or just keep going off of the last one?

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Alright, for newbies, I'm Bronwyn, Kurt and I have been married for 5 years. We have Dorian, who is 3, and Faith who is 1.5. I used to have their stats and pictures in my siggie, but went on an intactivist rampage about a week ago, as you might see. I also had a picture of my horse, and would love it if there were a horse smilie as well as a dog and cat and hamster and others. I'm currently GD teacher and actually starting to love it. We'll see how next week's lesson goes. Oh, and technically, I'm currently pregnant, but threatening miscarriage, so any healing prayers on that account are welcome. You should see my chart. It's the weirdest one I've ever seen.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm Danile. DH is TJ... we've been together for 7 years... married for almost 3. We have two sons, Dominic (3) and Isaac (20 months) who are the joys of our days and nights... and our excitedly pregnant with our third. I'm a convert.. DH was born into the church... but his family fell apart around the time he was 16... so he made the choice to come back and gain a strong testimony after a long period of inactiveness. We were sealed in the Seattle, WA temple in October of 2005. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Quarteralien- Crossing my fingers and praying for you! I LOVE your intactivism... :

Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM

I'll pray for you Bronwyn.

An intro for the new people, and to refresh those who have forgotten:

I'm Caitlin. I'm married to Brian with an "i", and we live in New England. Brian and I were baptized when we were 19, after taking the discussions together, and we got married later that year, at 20. We are now 24. We have two boys, Gabriel who just turned 3, and nine-month-old Teddy, who just started walking. (Yay!) We just found out that Gabriel and I are gluten-intolerant and corn-intolerant, and I have Teddy on a GF corn-free diet, too, proactively, JIC. Oh and I'm a SAHM. Brian works in the financial sector. Yeah, we're capitalists. But we don't bite, really. And we believe in simple living. Yeah, go figure.

We do non-coercive parenting (as best we know how), unschooling, continuum concept parenting, and fairly non-interventive, holisitic healthcare. (If it's not broken don't fix it, yk?) I tend to think food, faith, and feelings can heal pretty much anything, although that may be easier said than done. I am really excited to hopefully UC our next baby (we'll see), but we plan to wait a few years for me to regain my health after the ravages of the (not professionally diagnosed) celiac disease.

I am actually considering going to the doctor about the gluten-intolerance/celiac disease, to get that official diagnosis, but my gut tells me, stay away. What would an official diagnosis do for me? Nothing. I can heal my body with food, faith, and by healing my emotions and energy. I guess there's just a part of me that wants to have credence for the MD-believers who remain skeptical until they hear "what the doctor said".

I think I need to learn better boundaries, just keeping our own business to ourselves, so that we don't have to qualify anything we say, but I have a hard time with keeping mum. I'm pretty chatty and open I guess. Hmmm.

It is raining outside right now, reminding me of fall, and I love it. I love Fall. Just not so much Winter.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM

subbing Briefly, I'm "Nemmer", mama to 5yo DS1 and 3mo DS2, both through adoption. Been married to DH for 13 yrs.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm Pamela with 3 dd's and another due anytime.

OOOh another mom in the ward just barely stopped by and she's pregnant due end of year and wants me to teach her how to use a sling. I have 5 different kinds here at home so what better then to show her in person a bunch of different kinds.

Yipee!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:22 PM

subbing
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM

i'm Maggie mama to three girls 3 and under- Lilith Luthien (3), Mable Mirkwood (1.5), and Olive Onodrim(nearing 4 months). i'm married to a convert of alomst two years- Robbie. we have been married almost 4 years now. he brought me back to the church after i had fallen away for various reasons. we're preparing to go to the temple in Oct and become a forever family!
i'm the YW secretary and he is a ward missionary. uh.... i think thats about it. well, my favorite candy is chocolate covered honeycomb just incase anyone wants to send me a late birthday present.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 08-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Chocolate covered honeycomb.. never heard of it- but it sounds AMAZING! When the heck was your birthday? I never heard... Or perhaps I did, but was still in this blasted pregnancy fog... :

Old 08-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Oh- and because I missed it....

: :

Old 08-06-2007, 06:06 PM

ok, so I'm Marly wife to my wonderful engineer husband for 7 years in November. (I'm just excited he's done with school) We have 2 boys, 5 and 3.5 and I'm due the end of October with a little girl who will have lots of cars and star wars toys to play with

I've decided I don't want any more girls though because this pregnancy has been so crappy! It could be the summer, but man this sucks! Our plan is to have 1 more. I just don't do well with babies and we hope I can do the 4. I want to be the best mom I can be.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM

subbing be back to do my intro later when things are less crazy

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Hi, I finally decided to join in. I knew this group existed, but don't really read the threads because of LDS threads on another website (i.e. "let's all get together and rationalize, shall we?"). Also, I'm not really crunchy enough for mothering.com, although I have crunchy tendencies that alienate me from the mainstream (such as despising TV and junk food).

Anyway, we're in Texas and I have a 15 month old little boy.

Thanks for letting me hang out. DS has a bit of a barky sounding cough so we've been stuck at home and I needed to hear (or read) adults talking.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:57 PM

Oh I guess I forgot to introduce myself further.

My husband and I have been married for 4.5 years now! I've been the Primary Chorister for the past 2 years off and on, but we just moved again. We'll see if the new primary grabs me too. I wouldn't mind being with the grown ups, but primary is a lot of fun too.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candynut View Post
Oh I guess I forgot to introduce myself further.

My husband and I have been married for 4.5 years now! I've been the Primary Chorister for the past 2 years off and on, but we just moved again. We'll see if the new primary grabs me too. I wouldn't mind being with the grown ups, but primary is a lot of fun too.
I'm actually waving frantically, lol. Am I allowed to tell everyone that our DH's were roommates at BYU? Yay! Someone I know IRL! BTW, how did you get here with less than 50 posts?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Would you people slow down! Man these threads grow so darn fast. I keep wanting to intro myself & then ya'll are on page 25!
I'm ZZ. I have 4 kiddos. 11 to 2 years old. I've been married 13 years. I'm activities chair women. My husband is councler in the Bishopric. I cloth diaper, Homebirth, breastfeed (or did) A am a freak of nature in my ward, but I do have lots of friends in church who are attracted to my freaky-ness!
Gotta run

SLOW DOWN!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Alisa actually had typed out a big long introduction introducing us for introductions ... but because we're sharing a computer right now, and MDC has issues with people logging in and out too much she lost it. Then she lost the post that said she lost her post with the big long introduction introducing us for introductions ... so you don't get to know who we are

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM

My name is Tiffani. I'm a 21 year old (22 in a few weeks!) Christopagan investigating the church. I have one DS, who turned 16 months yesterday (where does the time go?!). I hope to get the okay from DH to start TTC #2 for my birthday, hehe. Hopefully #2 will be the UC I wanted with DS. DH and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary this November! : (Our 4th wedding anniversary - we decided that when we've been married for 50 years the 1 year difference between when we got together and got married wouldn't matter, so we just use the bigger number since we got married on our 1 year anniversary). He's my best friend, but pretty anti-church. It's complicating my decision more than it has to be, but he did go to church with my this Sunday! (He only has like, 1 or 2 Sundays off a YEAR, so I figure I can at least convince him to come with me when he can). He didn't like it, but he didn't hate it and told me that he will come with me when he's off. I know he'll never join (he's a very devout non-practicing pagan, what an oxymoron! lol) but it's nice to at least know he's making the effort to support me. It does make me sad, though, because I hear about all about this wonderful life with a priestholder leading the home and the eternal family and all, and if I do choose to join, I won't have any of that. : Oh well. My intro has been way too long so I'll stop now.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Here's NCD's intro from thread #43

Quote:
NewCrunchyDaddy = Bryan, DH to DW-Alisa, DD to DS-Connor. Student @ UVSC, BA in Literary Studies, planning on going on to graduate work to get my doctorate in Literary Critical Theory. Right now I'm on summer break from Reagan Academy (a charter school in Springville, UT) where I am an Assistant Teacher in the 7th Grade. To bring money in during the summer I am delivering for The Daily Herald and HATE IT! It is, hands down, the worst job I have ever had. My supervisors are not at all supportive in the least. Anyway, that's me ...
Except he quit that crappy job a few weeks ago.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:39 PM

OK, I’m writing this out in WORD so I can copy and paste.

I was inactive for ten years because of emotionally abusive parents. I eventually came back. Obviously. Though I still feel an affinity for some Buddhist teachings.

NCD and I met at a Halloween party and were married in the Oakland, California temple on December 4, 1999. We are both RM’s – I went to southern France, he went to southern Brazil. We were living in Seattle until we moved out to Provo to help my mother (her husband has Alzheimer’s). Now he’s in a home and NCD is finishing school and hopefully graduate school will be far, far away from Utah.

We have one 21 month old son, who took us five years, and one surprise due in November, even though I wasn’t menstruating. My pregnancy has also been miserable, astoundingly exhausting.

I wanted to brag about NCD for a moment. He’s had real authors and college professors comment on his book blog (see his signature for the link) and recently a British author sent him a book to review that won’t even come out in the US until next month. Luckily he likes it or that could have ended awkwardly! Anyway, so now he’s a real book reviewer. Huzzah!

And I sell hand crocheted fruits and vegetables in an Etsy shop.

As for our crunchiness –

We are baby wearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, home birthing, extended breastfeeding, non-vaccinating, ANTI-circumcising, gentle disciplining, and hoping to swing a private Montessori school for DS when the time comes. We used to be low on TV watching, too, until this pregnancy. Now I’m a shameful Baby Einstein whore.

I’m just going to save this and use it every time we start a new thread.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm
I hope to get the okay from DH to start TTC #2 for my birthday, hehe.
Wish that was the case here!! DH is trying for #8! :

N-E-WAY~ I'm Heidi. 37 yo mom to 7, oldest being 17 and youngest 7 months. Today baby has a slight fever and have had 4 yucko diapers. I seriously think he is teething. I just wish the darn tooth would come in already.

I haven't been on regularly since March. I had to cut WAY back. I've actually cut the computer back entirely. Life has been so much better since.

Been a member my whole life. Been active my whole life. Never really had to doubt anything, even though I have questioned a few things. : I've had a hard 18 yrs of marriage. Has not been easy, don't want to kid anyone. DH has been better with everything, and is actually a great person to live with now. He has never not supported us, but has had his adictions unfortunately.

We just got approved to get a $50K loan to finish our house through Farm Credit. We already have a $10K loan through them with the new tractor DH bought a few weeks ago. I am so excited. I can't even imagine looking out some of our windows and they won't have duck tape on them!! Or to walk into rooms that actually have doors on the closets or doors in the room! Anyway, DH has decided to add another family room downstairs (already have one upstairs), another storage room and changing the storage room we have now into my huge walk-in closet, and a room for his guns & bows (they will be stored in there, and also a place for him to work on them). We will also add the bathroom to my room and the carport outside.

We now have milk goats. 6 at my last count. We have 3 kids named Billy, Bob and Sassy. I think Billy's mom is being sold tonight though, so we will only have 5. Maybe 6. Whatever...1 less.

School starts August 20th. I'm quite : I love to sleep in! Getting up at 5:00am is not what I like, but DH already gets up at 4:40 to get ready for work, so at least I can sleep in another 20 minutes. :
Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSmomma6 View Post
Wish that was the case here!! DH is trying for #8! :
Wow, I wish! I'd love a huge family like that. DH is conviced that we'll be stopping at 3. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 PM

Hey everyone. I just joined near the end of the last thread, but I willl reintroduce myself.
My name is alisha. I have been married to my DH for almost 6 years. We have two energetic boys, Jeremy-5 and Lucas- 1.5. We live just East of Portland, oregon.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
It does make me sad, though, because I hear about all about this wonderful life with a priestholder leading the home and the eternal family and all, and if I do choose to join, I won't have any of that. :
Don't assume that yet. I have seen very devout spouses soften over time and build their own testimony. Just do what feels right to you and take care of yourself... he might come around.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:03 PM

Oh, and Tiffani-

Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 AM

I finally made it! I was so excited to reach 50 posts. . .I'm Kristen, married to John. Our fifth wedding anniversary is in September. We have two little girls, Chantrea Suzanne, who is almost three, and Adia Nicole, four months. We are currently living in Thailand and teaching English as a foreign language. We're both BYU grads - we actually met/got to know each other because we were on the same study abroad program at the Y, to Southeast Asia. We're heading back to the States in a couple of months.

Crunchiness. . .I'm not super crunchy but I'm getting there. Both births were unmedicated hospital births, Adia was born here in Thailand and it was a really cool experience. Breastfeeding didn't go well with my first, despite my best efforts at the time, and she weaned at five months : . . . but it's going great this time. Thinking about cloth diapering when we get back to the States. I'm totally anti-circ and working on DH. Oh, and NCD, I was an English major too!

I'm excited to get to know everyone!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofprincesses View Post
I finally made it! I was so excited to reach 50 posts. . .I'm Kristen, married to John. Our fifth wedding anniversary is in September. We have two little girls, Chantrea Suzanne, who is almost three, and Adia Nicole, four months. We are currently living in Thailand and teaching English as a foreign language. We're both BYU grads - we actually met/got to know each other because we were on the same study abroad program at the Y, to Southeast Asia. We're heading back to the States in a couple of months.

Crunchiness. . .I'm not super crunchy but I'm getting there. Both births were unmedicated hospital births, Adia was born here in Thailand and it was a really cool experience. Breastfeeding didn't go well with my first, despite my best efforts at the time, and she weaned at five months : . . . but it's going great this time. Thinking about cloth diapering when we get back to the States. I'm totally anti-circ and working on DH. Oh, and NCD, I was an English major too!

I'm excited to get to know everyone!
Welcome! I was so excited with all the new worlds that open up to you once you have 50 posts... enjoy!

Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 AM

Now that we finally got the last thread to end on a "safe page number" I guess I can come post over here.

I'm Stacy, married to Tom for 7 1/2 years. (Wow!) We have an almost six year old dd, and a four year old dd, and are ttc a third, although it seems to be taking quite a long time! We live in Utah, my dh is an accountant, and I teach Suzuki violin and viola lessons.

I am getting progressively crunchier as time goes on- a few years ago, I thought homebirth was insane, nursing past one was absurd, and homeschooling was for religious zealots. Well, I was planning a homebirth when I got pregnant before I miscarried, (and will be planning one again if and when I get and stay pregnant) I nursed my last dd till she was 2 1/2 and couldn't handle it any more, and just started homeschooling. We partially vax, although I joke with my dh that the only reason I haven't stopped vaxing all together is that I haven't done enough research. You know, its the whole "the more you know, the more you're responsible for." And Alisa, every time I read your blog I realize that I probably really shouldn't be vaxing at all!

Welcome to all the new people- its great to have you! I think I've been around here forever- I got in on one of the very first LDS moms threads. In fact, I vividly remember posting my last dd's birth story on here and she's four! (And man, is my post count low for having been a member all this time!)

There is much more I wanted to say, but I'm exhausted and need to force myself to go to bed so I'm not a grouch in the morning. Quarteralien, I'm thinking of you. I hope things are going okay. I'd like to look at your chart if you get a chance and don't mind. (I have plenty whacked-out ones myself!)

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.

User Tag List