Muslim Mamas tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1560 Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NE one interested in starting a proper Muslim mamas tribe thread?
#2 of 1560 Old 08-10-2007, 05:38 AM

assalamu alaikum,
totally sis
#3 of 1560 Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Location: Learning about ancient history along with the kiddos
Checking in, new here.

I'm out of town w/ sporadic internet access but I hope more people have responded by the time I get back!
#4 of 1560 Old 08-13-2007, 08:28 PM

Asalamu Alaikum -

I was on here looking for a Muslim Mama's thread. Alhamdulilah, I found one and Mash-Allah, it is just getting started. I am right on time.

So, is everyone preparing for Ramadan? Only one month away Insha-Allah, we will all be prepared both physically and most important spirtually. Does anyone have any fastings to make up before Ramadan arrives? Not much time to get that done huh?

Hope to get into some good discussions here for the sake of Allah, Insha-Allah.
#5 of 1560 Old 08-30-2007, 08:52 PM

Bumping to try to find anyone out there!
#6 of 1560 Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 AM

salam alaikum my dear sisters

i cant belive ramandan is near wow soo excting but i have days i need to make up and i need to get on that right away but iam soooo excited this is the month that just gives me the extra boost of religion that i need heheh
inshallah tomorrow i will fast now that iam thinking about it hehehe

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#7 of 1560 Old 09-04-2007, 02:07 AM

salam ladies

well today i fasted to start making up the days i missed last yr and it was great i feel soo good and i will be fasting all week exciting that ramadan is rnext week

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#8 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM

Assalaamu alaykum girlies!

I am sooooo excited for Ramadan inshaAllah. But also nervous. The days are getting longer and I still have lots of fasts to make up from the year my baby was born. I fasted last year and it was OK but I just didn't have it in me to do all my make-up fasts while still nursing a big toddler who loves her milk!

InshaAllah everyone has a blessed Ramadan. Let's get this thread alive and kicking, shall we? I'll start with a simple question: What's your favorite (or most often cooked) dish to make in Ramadan?

I have really learned the art of Bengali cooking this past couple years so I have to say my DH's fave dish we eat in Ramadan is biryani! But my fave is haleem. For those who are into traditional foods, I think haleem is right up there! Bone broth, soaked grains and all!
#9 of 1560 Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 PM

WA:

hello and welcome mamas! i can't believe Ramadan is so near to us..subhanallah i'm so excited and can't wait..but i have ALOT of get done
#10 of 1560 Old 09-07-2007, 02:31 AM

Salam Sisters-
I am all for a thread. I am probably the baby here, with much to learn having converted in 2004. Can't wait to connect.
#11 of 1560 Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
salaam alaikum

I had a thread going about fasting and nursing in Ramadan. I have come to the conclusion that I'm going to not fast but not be obvious about it. (I.E. dh will be fasting but is gone enough that I just won't eat/drink around him at fasting times, things like that) I know there have been people in the past who have been like "Oh I'm not fasting I'm nursing" and gone ahead and ate/drank with fasters visiting in the day........I figure it's not SOOOO essential that I can't go say an hour, but I don't think my child is old enough for me to take the chance on supply by doing days and days on end. And I have another child so I can't stay up and snack through the night though I do like that suggestion and I did it one year kind of on accident.

I see no reason to flaunt what I believe to be my exemption in the face of anybody who's fasting. that just seems well, rude.

Now.........I saw an interesting point in one post........if you're not fasting but you are pregnant or nursing, aren't you feeding another person? My thing about fasting in pregnancy (I was pregnant last year) is I feel that nobody requires my baby to fast and she was dependent on me for her food supply.

Yes, unless it counts that I'm already feeding another person, I guess someday I owe fasts into eternity........but the idea of the fetus/infant as my person I'm feeding intrigues me and makes sense to me.

Thoughts?

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#12 of 1560 Old 09-07-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post

Now.........I saw an interesting point in one post........if you're not fasting but you are pregnant or nursing, aren't you feeding another person? My thing about fasting in pregnancy (I was pregnant last year) is I feel that nobody requires my baby to fast and she was dependent on me for her food supply.

Yes, unless it counts that I'm already feeding another person, I guess someday I owe fasts into eternity........but the idea of the fetus/infant as my person I'm feeding intrigues me and makes sense to me.

Thoughts?
It honestly doesn't make sense to me. If you pay expiation, aren't you supposed to feed a needy person? I would think your child doesn't count as a needy person unless your family is destitute.

As for expiation, I have not seen much saying nursing/pregnant women can pay expiation. Most stuff I've read says you have to fast. If there's a diff of opinions of course I respect it but I haven't seen anything that explains it.

If you do sunnah fasting Mondays and Thursdays, you can make up about three missed Ramadans each year. IMO that's not that much hardship for healthy people.

This sounds harsh and it's not supposed to! Here are some smilies to clarify that: :
#13 of 1560 Old 09-08-2007, 07:26 AM

Salaam aleikum

I am here... Muslimah from Norway, with 3 kids.

Mother of three little muslims!
#14 of 1560 Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaarah View Post
If you do sunnah fasting Mondays and Thursdays, you can make up about three missed Ramadans each year. IMO that's not that much hardship for healthy people.
Salaam aleikum

If you do the sunnah fast, would you not have to have intention to do it as a missed day of Ramadan? Then it cant count as Sunnah fast. If you understood what I mean... :

Mother of three little muslims!
#15 of 1560 Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbe View Post
Salaam aleikum

If you do the sunnah fast, would you not have to have intention to do it as a missed day of Ramadan? Then it cant count as Sunnah fast. If you understood what I mean... :
OK, I said that wrong. I'd do the make-up fast on the sunnah days and let Allah sort it out inshaAllah!

ETA: Does that make sense? Make intention for a make-up fast and do it on Mondays and Thursdays because it's sunnah to fast those days?
#16 of 1560 Old 09-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Assalam alaykum sisters!

I too have plenty of days to make up due to pregnancy/nursing. I still have a nursing babe but he is over 12 months (not stopping anytime soon) but I plan to fast. I think it is totally an individual decision since we have the permit not too. My personal rule is if the baby is solidly on solids, I am ok. The research I have done says it does not have an effect on supply.

He is still nursing tons so I plan to drink a lot at night since he still wakes up a few times a night. I will start tomorrow inshallah since I have been on my cycle.

I too have read that you have to feed a needy person to make up fasts....anyone have any experience with doing this, could you share what you did? I am looking for ideas.

Thanks and Ramadan Mubarak, glad to see all the sistas -Sara
#17 of 1560 Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilige View Post
I too have read that you have to feed a needy person to make up fasts....anyone have any experience with doing this, could you share what you did? I am looking for ideas.
If you miss fasts due to menstruation or pregnancy or breastfeeding because you fear for yourself or for yourself and your child, you make them up by fasting those days outside of Ramadan. You don't have to pay fidya (feed the needy) as far as I have read. Obviously ask someone more knowledgable than myself, but I know in the Hanafi school those type of fasts are made up by fasting alone.

I used the word expiation earlier but I should have written fidya, as expiation (kaffara) is a different concept.
#18 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 AM

Okay, I may not be "good" enough to post here, and maybe you'll all dislike me, but after reading the previous posts I have to ask this question...am I the only one who dreads Ramadan ? I mean, I'm fasting my brains out and nothing is "happening". : (Is something _supposed_ to happen? )Are all of you feeling bathed in heavenly light while I'm just lightheaded : and watching the clock, trying to find ways to kill time ? I feel like a huge failure 'cause I "don't get it". I'm counting down the days til I can get back to normal, wake up at a HUMAN hour, go to the gym at a normal time (instead of trying to squeeze it in with a full belly before they close--and I'm always the only one in there when they close!), not obsess over accidentally swallowing a drop of water when I brush my teeth (speaking of which, having breath that doesn't smell like a monkey's backside!) I'm upset that my metabolism is crawling to a halt while I'm trying to shed the last of the baby weight. Am I alone in feeling this? I'm trying to fast "from the heart" but maybe I'm accidentally fasting from the spleen or kneecaps or hair follacles or something because it just isn't happening. What am I doing wrong???? Am I just ?

Oh, and I'm nursing, too. I skipped the first 4 days, cos I was under the impression (from all the internet research I did) that nursing mamas are exempt--but the imam at DH's mosque says nursing moms have to fast (!) AND pregnant women have to fast too (!!!) I would never fast pregnant, and everything I read said you don't have to, so what's up with this guy?

Ok, time to drink half a gallon of water (gotta' hydrate!) and go to bed for 3 hours (the water helps me get up at 5am!) Can anyone help me?
#19 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Assalaamu alaykum sister,

Ramadan is not easy, is it? If you really feel like it's too much strain to fast while nursing, maybe wait until next year sis! I really do love Ramadan but it's like spiritual boot camp, and it's easy to feel demoralized.

Like many Muslims, I feel like I drift from feeling spiritually elevated to having very low iman. And when I look at my life, it usually comes back to how much am I trying to live the deen. If I am trying to pray all my prayers with kushu, if I am trying to pray extra prayers and do dhikr when possible, if I am really trying to be mindful of my actions and especially my tongue, I have a better time with deen. If I slack and gossip/backbite, if I watch too much TV, if I let my temper get the best of me with my daughter, etc., I feel further from my center.

The best Ramadan I have had (and bear in mind this is only my fifth fasting) was right before our daughter was conceived. I prayed Tahajud every night and gave myself a lot of time for sehri, then stayed up after Fajr and listened to my husband read Qur'an (I couldn't read it then.) And I was careful about completing my Taraweeh every night with concentration.

Having kids throws a monkey wrench into things. We are told that family is a fitnah (this is in hadith but I can't tell you the source right now.) I used to find that idea offensive but I understand it now. As wonderful as parenting is and marriage, they both take your focus off your spiritual life in some ways. As a mother, I have to pray with my little one right there trying to get all my attention and even trying to take my hijab off constantly some days! And I'm up all night sometimes and have a hard time getting up for Fajr.

Anyway, sis, take the exemption if you feel it's too hard on your health to continue. I am concerned if you're still feeling super run-down. I'm somewhat hypoglycemic but was feeling OK with the fasting after a few days' time. InshaAllah search your heart and remember that while the imam is right, nursing/pregnant women are supposed to fast in OK circumstances, he neglected to mention there's a very well-deserved exemption for those who can't do it. I fasted with a one-year-old who still loved her milk and I might not do it again, or I might do every other day in that circumstance. I wish you a blessed Ramadan and I'm sorry you're dealing with this frustration.
#20 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh yeah, bliss? Do you WOH or SAH? If you SAH or are off work in the afternoon, I have one simple equation for you: Crock-pot meal + big fat nap with baby = easier fasting!
#21 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissmonkey View Post
Okay, I may not be "good" enough to post here, and maybe you'll all dislike me, but after reading the previous posts I have to ask this question...am I the only one who dreads Ramadan ? I mean, I'm fasting my brains out and nothing is "happening". : (Is something _supposed_ to happen? )Are all of you feeling bathed in heavenly light while I'm just lightheaded : and watching the clock, trying to find ways to kill time ? I feel like a huge failure 'cause I "don't get it". I'm counting down the days til I can get back to normal, wake up at a HUMAN hour, go to the gym at a normal time (instead of trying to squeeze it in with a full belly before they close--and I'm always the only one in there when they close!), not obsess over accidentally swallowing a drop of water when I brush my teeth (speaking of which, having breath that doesn't smell like a monkey's backside!) I'm upset that my metabolism is crawling to a halt while I'm trying to shed the last of the baby weight. Am I alone in feeling this? I'm trying to fast "from the heart" but maybe I'm accidentally fasting from the spleen or kneecaps or hair follacles or something because it just isn't happening. What am I doing wrong???? Am I just ?

Oh, and I'm nursing, too. I skipped the first 4 days, cos I was under the impression (from all the internet research I did) that nursing mamas are exempt--but the imam at DH's mosque says nursing moms have to fast (!) AND pregnant women have to fast too (!!!) I would never fast pregnant, and everything I read said you don't have to, so what's up with this guy?

Ok, time to drink half a gallon of water (gotta' hydrate!) and go to bed for 3 hours (the water helps me get up at 5am!) Can anyone help me?
Asalamu Alaikum Sister -

I think we have all felt this way at certain times. I believe it is really important to really intentionally make the most of Ramadan. It is a very blessed month. I know it is hard but perhaps you should give up some of the extra stuff in your life during this month and focus on your Iman. This is what I try to do. For example, I usually work out for an hour a day but during Ramadan, I relief myself of that to concentrate on prayer. I give up some TV to read more Quran. I truly believe this is how we get the most out of Ramadan.

Trust me, I am not trying to be a prude. Of course, I have "bad" days. May Allah forgive me. May Allah help us all to get the maximum rewards in Ramadan.
#22 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaarah View Post
I'll start with a simple question: What's your favorite (or most often cooked) dish to make in Ramadan?
I think asking a question is a great idea!! I really opens up the discussion!!

My favorite dish to cook during Ramadan is homemade pizza and chicken wings. I haven't had this yet this Ramadan and it sounds delicious.

My favorite thing to eat during Ramadan are dates and milk when I break my fast. Could there be anything better than having fresh delicious dates with a glass of cold cold milk. MMMMMMmmmmm. I also love love love to eat hoummus at the Masjid. We eat a lot of dinners at the masjid during Ramadan and I love hoummous the most.

Great question. I look forward to hearing other responses!
#23 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamefati28 View Post
Salam Sisters-
I am all for a thread. I am probably the baby here, with much to learn having converted in 2004. Can't wait to connect.
Walaikum Salam Sister -

Don't worry sister, I reverted in 1998 and still have a lot to learn. May Allah help us as we try to learn the religion for His sake!
#24 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the replies! It seems the longer I do this (*deep sigh*) the easier the physical part gets (more thirsty than tired. I'm a very "hot" person--I sweat when other people are turning the heat on!) It's gonna' be in the 90s today, which means another day of not leaving the house (no car) hiding in the air conditioning. I stay at home alone with the baby all day. I think if I were working again it would be easier 'cos I'd be busy in a food-free environment and have plenty of distractions to keep my mind off how much I hate this. I would be so grateful to get my period so I could take a break, but Aunt Flo hasn't visited since 2005!

The hardest part is ...I'm trying to do everything I should, fasting and trying to : on time (ya, I know about the baby pulling off the scarf, and climbing on me cos hey looks like a fun horsey ride!) I can't do the extra prayers cos it's hard enough to do the ones I have to do. I don't like the prayers, actually. I'm very sorry to say this, but it bores me. It feels like one more chore I have to do. I would quit in a second if I weren't so afraid of some divine retribution striking down my kids. I've tried reading Koran but (forgive me) I find it so dull and uninspiring. Whatever deep feeling other people are getting from it is completely lost on me. Listening to it in Arabic isn't any better...I'm sorry, it sounds like whining to me, and my mind wanders to other things. So, what the heck is wrong with me? I'm trying SOOOOO hard to be good, doing the same thing the other sisters are doing, but whereas you all are "excited" about Ramadan coming, and enjoying some kind of spiritual satisfaction, I'm left empty and resentful. Like a joke everyone is but I just don't get it. Like a party I wasn't invited to. Did anyone else start out like this, but maybe after years or a flash of light from above something just "clicked" or am I a hopeless case that should just give up and get myself a box of wine? (At least wine makes me FEEL something!)

Sorry to go on and on like this, but I have noone to talk to about this. Noone knows I'm even doing this. NOONE, not even my best friends or son. Only DH's family, and they don't live in the US or speak English. I can only talk to DH about this, and there's not much he can do or say to help. Besides, after 2 years of the same problem, I'm sure he's tired of hearing about it. I'd like to hear that I'm not alone in feeling this...am I? Going to take a nap with the baby now...what should I put in the crockpot? (I'm totally sick of harrira!)
#25 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Bliss, can I ask how long you've been Muslim? I had a great first year, a very hard second year, and then things picked up again. Another huge boost to my iman was working in an Islamic school and seeing deen in action. Is there one in your area? Maybe you could volunteer?

I will write more later but you're on my mind. Think of things that attracted you to this deen in the first place. What changed? What happened?

ETA: I think a lot of us struggle with salaat sometimes but I truly believe that consistency will bring a closer relationship to Allah. I don't believe in some concept of satori for us regular folks. I think a close spiritual relationship comes with consistency and doing it even when it's dull and uninspired. The people I know who are most spiritually elevated were not always that way. But I don't believe a light went on. I believe it was a process.

Do you read any books about Islam and do they touch you? I love this book when I'm feeling spiritually tapped out.
#26 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Ammarrah, thanks for your kind reply. To answer...
How long have I been a Muslim? Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still waiting to "become" one. I guess saying that Shahadda (spelling?)2 years ago did nothing. It's not a magic word like "hocus pocus!" In fact, the day after I did it (biggest mistake of my life???) I had a long international flight on which I had a couple beers...is that a Muslima? Here's what happened...
I did it a few days after my wedding. I thought it would help my marriage, make us closer, etc etc. Every book I read was full of women gushing about how converting changed their lives, they were so filled with God's love and blah blah blah (I guess those daughters' path was not the same one I'm walking on! haha) Well, of course, who wouldn't want all the wonderful things they had? I wanted that, too. When it didn't happen right away, I figured it would take time. "Step by step" DH said, so I took it slowly. It took me several months just to think about starting to pray. (The first time took 45 minutes!) I started, quit, started, quit, a couple times. After DS was born, he was in the NICU for a few days and that horrible experience pushed me to make a deal, "Ok, God, I'll pray. Just make my baby okay," etc. Turns out, there never was anything wrong with the baby, but a deal's a deal, and I've kept my end of the bargain (ok, I quit a couple times, but only for a few days or a week.) I still don't like it. In fact, I'm late for one right now *sigh* it just never ends. Like the laundry.

As far as working in an Islamic school, I could NEVER do that. (I'm sure they wouldn't want me polluting their school anyway.) I can't even set foot in a mosque...can't even imagine doing it. I pray alone (often with the shades drawn, always with the door locked.) I can't even imagine praying with DH. He says I'm crazy, but that's how I feel.

Was that book by "the" Rumi? I've read some things of his that I liked. I read some books initially (after meeting DH) that filled me with the inspiration to convert, and I really wanted to, but I wouldn't do it unless/until DH and I were married (since we were "living in sin" at the time) but he wouldn't get married 'cos I didn't want to have a baby, and those were his terms. And what happened to that feeling? It just went away. *POOF!* Very quickly, actually. I tried to reread the same books, to bring back the same feeling, but it never happened. Still hasn't.

So, to sum up, I feel "stuck" with a religion that doesn't suit me. (You'd never buy a car without test driving it first!)I'm trying to change some long-held beliefs that don't comply with Islam, but it's hard. I still believe them. I'm afraid to quit, and it depresses me. I don't see any way out of this endless problem.

Sorry to take up so much time, everybody. Gotta' go try to make some dinner. (No clue what.) Thanks for listening!
#27 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 PM

p.S. Why was your second year so hard? what happened? And How did it "pick up" again? Thanks.
#28 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 PM

Salaam

I'm muslim, technically speaking, though I've felt a bit uninvolved with religion in general for a while now. I don't fast because I'm hypoglycemic, and yes I do know that everyone gets a little hypoglycemic while fasting, but I am in bad shape if I don't eat after a few hours... let alone a whole day.

I love listening to lectures, but I dislike going to masjids because I really don't like being the center of attention (ever, let alone every single time)... I have been a muslim for nearly 8 years now. I get a little tired of the requests for my conversion story and for the offers to be taught how to pray. I also got REALLY tired really quickly of strange men looking at me like I'm some sort of novelty and asking stupid questions like... (me in hijab) "Are you muslim?" (yes) "Do you LIKE Quran." (um, yes) "Where are you from?" (here) "No, I mean originally." (um, here) "Is your husband muslim?" I know it's all well intentioned, but I really value my privacy.

I also really dislike being a spokesperson for other muslims... A lot of muslims do a LOT of really stupid and cruel and unislamic things, and I do not feel comfortable with my faith (which is highly personal) being put on trial every time I go out my front door. I enjoyed wearing hijab when I lived in Philadelphia, where there were a lot of muslims and the non muslims were used to seeing women in hijab. I haven't worn it in nearly two years now though, and I no longer believe that it is wajib. Modesty, yes. A specific style of dress, no. Not something I want to debate though, and I have nothing but love for hijabis.

bliss... I really feel for you. Really. I do NOT recommend that women jump into Islam without giving it some serious time. It really bugs me too how some muslims will sugarcoat things to sortof reel people in and then drop the difficult/controversial/not so pretty stuff on them after the emotional attachment and subsequent guilt are nicely established. Don't get me wrong... I think Islam is beautiful. But it is NOT an easy path to walk these days.
#29 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 PM

BTW I always pray alone too. I am very very very easily distracted, and I don't like making a show of my faith... Like I said, it is a very personal thing for me.
#30 of 1560 Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissmonkey View Post

So, to sum up, I feel "stuck" with a religion that doesn't suit me. (You'd never buy a car without test driving it first!)I'm trying to change some long-held beliefs that don't comply with Islam, but it's hard. I still believe them. I'm afraid to quit, and it depresses me. I don't see any way out of this endless problem.

Sorry to take up so much time, everybody. Gotta' go try to make some dinner. (No clue what.) Thanks for listening!
I hope you figured out something good for dinner! I love hariri (sp?) but then again, I'm married to a South Asian so I don't eat it often.

I just wanted to say that even though I'm in a better place with my deen now I still can related to this part: I'm trying to change some long-held beliefs that don't comply with Islam, but it's hard. I still believe them. What I keep coming back to is that I do believe in the fundamental oneness of Allah and that Mohammed (pbuh) was a prophet of Allah. There are things that bother me about the way Islam is practiced. I dislike a lot of things Muslim people are focused on. However, there is a lot to love too. Part of it was getting over my shyness and inferiority complex and getting out in the community somewhat. Part of what has helped me is making friends with other converts and acknowledging it's a struggle and not necessarily a direct upward swing. Compounding it is the high rate of marital problems and divorce among converts (not saying that's your case but just throwing it out since about 90% of my convert friends have been divorced at least once.)

I very rarely go to the masjid myself and have no real desire to go. One of my favorite things about Islam is that my deen is between me and Allah. Yeah, outside people might try to influence me or tear me down sometimes but that is not their place. As a woman, my home is my masjid and my oasis and my relationship is between God and myself. I felt the same thing you did after converting - like my bubble had burst, like "the spirit" had left me.

Quote:
p.S. Why was your second year so hard? what happened? And How did it "pick up" again? Thanks.
By the second year, I felt burnt out, like why had I traded my easy non-religious life for a seemingly endless list of rules and etiquettes and prayer in a language I couldn't even understand. To add to that, we were dealing with infertility and it seemed like Muslims put the most pressure on us about it. Another aspect is that I am a person who deals with intermittent "mild" depression. (As far as I'm concerned, it's not that mild!) I got deeply depressed. But I loved my husband and didn't want to jeopardize our marriage, and even more importantly I knew I had been drawn to Islam for a reason. So I kept praying, I kept sitting with him each night for study. And bit by bit, things got better. And my faith began to feel like the lifeline I wanted it to be.

It's still not easy. Prayer may be better than sleep but it rarely feels that way. But it's like trying to fix an illness. The cure is rarely fun. But once it starts to kick in, you're glad you did it.

Please keep in touch sis. I have more to write later but it's almost iftar and I have to make garlic bread.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page