October Pagan Mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, i've never started the thread before! I think october is my favorite month!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM

yay! mine too. i started sept so i didnt want to start my birthday month as well..... :

great alter idea for this month: we saw this at a sweet little store we went to look for day of the dead things for mom's alter... tiny little skeletons with monarch butterfly wings glued on!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM

It's been a couple months since I've hunted for this thread, but here I am.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Happy October, everyone! This is my absolute FAVORITE month, favorite time of the year, and we've been given gorgeous autumn weather today! And, Dh's birthday is tomorrow...we have a little extra $$, I think I'm going to surprise him with a chocolate cake.

Oh, and the in-laws were here this weekend for Dh's birthday, and they took us out to breakfast this morning before they left, so it was a nice treat to start this great month!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

Old 10-01-2007, 05:25 PM

happy october all!

My first day back at work went well but gods above I am exhausted.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
happy october all!

yoda chocolate you must have! glad it went well.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM

I think Oct is my favorite month of the year. Of course, when June rolls back around I'll say that is my favorite month. What else is new? I am a Gemini after all.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy October everyone! It's a magical month for sure.

I need to get to finishing my paper mache altar decorations. I started them earlier this summer, but I totally put them off when my illness flared in Aug. Times ticking now though.

This time of year is really about going within for me, and about reconnecting and affirming my spiritual path and devotion. Oh, and really good food. :

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 10-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
happy october all!

I am so happy it went well! It's probably been mentioned before, but what do you do?

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 10-01-2007, 06:07 PM

: I wanted to sub. I can't wait for this year to be over with and to ask the God and Goddess for a brand new year with better results.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm a reference librarian. Right now I'm about 80% "I want to stay home" and about 20% "I loooooove my job and can't give it up". Sigh. I have to work for 4 weeks in order to avoid "paying back" the benefits I got while on maternity leave, so I have some time to think, but come the day of the dead I'm going to be choosing one path over the other. Kind of appropiate. And scary for me.

It's going to be a tough month, no matter how much I love autumn.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Oh! I almost forgot...Laia is obsessed with skeletons. She calls them "Boney bones", as is "look at the boney bones mama!" so she is having a blast. I think I'll make sugar skulls for the altar...

And the other night she was on the porch as it got dark and I called her in. Her response was "no mama, I have to watch the moon going up." How could I say no to that?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyM26 View Post
I can't wait for this year to be over with and to ask the God and Goddess for a brand new year with better results.
hugs to you!!! and welcome.

Quote:
Her response was "no mama, I have to watch the moon going up." How could I say no to that?
awwwwwwww!!!

it's the middle of the day and we are OUTSIDE! love this time of year.

(um. confession.... i already designed the invites for my yule party. : another middle of the night inspiration... this year i aparently must have a large gathering, rather than my more typical intimate fete. heck, i just do what i'm told. )
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Hello all! I posted in the September thread because I'd forgotten that today was Oct. 1st. Isn't that sad? Ugh!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this month. Right now, however, I'm asking for positive thoughts if you don't mind. Landlady is coming Wed to do a walk through and I'm having a hard time getting off my rump and getting this house clean!! I need some energy!! Not to mention I have no idea what that means (a walk through), so I don't know what she'll be looking for and what I should be worried about. I've never had a landlord do that!

I have been doing so much reading lately. So much to learn!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I think Oct is my favorite month of the year. Of course, when June rolls back around I'll say that is my favorite month. What else is new? I am a Gemini after all.
YES!! I am also a Gemini. And a true one at that, always changing.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsishomemade View Post
Hello all! I posted in the September thread because I'd forgotten that today was Oct. 1st. Isn't that sad? Ugh!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this month. Right now, however, I'm asking for positive thoughts if you don't mind. Landlady is coming Wed to do a walk through and I'm having a hard time getting off my rump and getting this house clean!! I need some energy!! Not to mention I have no idea what that means (a walk through), so I don't know what she'll be looking for and what I should be worried about. I've never had a landlord do that!

I have been doing so much reading lately. So much to learn!
Our town requires yearly "inspections" from landlords. For us it's mostly so landlord can see condition of house and not say I didn't know all the storm windows are broken. It's to protect the tenant. I just make sure things are reasonably together. I am not very domestic and working full-times makes me less so.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
yay! mine too. i started sept so i didnt want to start my birthday month as well..... :

great alter idea for this month: we saw this at a sweet little store we went to look for day of the dead things for mom's alter... tiny little skeletons with monarch butterfly wings glued on!
oh very cute! I'm going to start hitting the novelty shops to see if I can't find some things like that.. and maybe find/make some mini tombstones hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
Happy October everyone! It's a magical month for sure.

I need to get to finishing my paper mache altar decorations. I started them earlier this summer, but I totally put them off when my illness flared in Aug. Times ticking now though.

This time of year is really about going within for me, and about reconnecting and affirming my spiritual path and devotion. Oh, and really good food. :
yes good food, thats what its a ll about isn't it??? : What are ya making with the paper mache??

Quote:
Oh! I almost forgot...Laia is obsessed with skeletons. She calls them "Boney bones", as is "look at the boney bones mama!" so she is having a blast. I think I'll make sugar skulls for the altar...

And the other night she was on the porch as it got dark and I called her in. Her response was "no mama, I have to watch the moon going up." How could I say no to that?
LMAO @ boney bones.. I love it Out of the mouthes of babes comes the absolute best things! I think I will have to dig out the sugar skull recipe from circle round and give it a go~

Pardon the atrocious typing....am stuck using dh's computer as mine shat itself last night.. the hard drive has been giving ominous error msgs for a little while, but i didn't think it was serious Now til he finishes putting the other hard drive in & setting it up, i'm stuck using this gods awful zboard (gaming keyboard with stupid world of warcraft overlay) the space bar is cut in half and there are extra keys where my shift key should be : : :

Happy october mama's :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Clay- I'm glad your first day back went well.

I doubt my altar will have anything due to baby being here. (baby will be here by then,. right?)

inspections tend to be for general maintenance. check the smoke detectors, see if stuff is working, look over general maintenance of the house. nothing too bad.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM

Love October! Yippee! Wheeee! Let's go frolic in the pretty leaves!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 10-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
yes good food, thats what its a ll about isn't it??? : What are ya making with the paper mache??
A skull, some tiny elemental disks, and a few pendants and such. I hope they turn out nice. Maybe I'll post some pics when they are finished.

We have a yearly inspection too. It's for things like smoke detectors, windows, doors, plumbing, etc. I clean pretty good the day before. Just vacuuming, mop and sweep really fast, dust a little, and make sure the place smells nice.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
A skull, some tiny elemental disks, and a few pendants and such. I hope they turn out nice. Maybe I'll post some pics when they are finished.

We have a yearly inspection too. It's for things like smoke detectors, windows, doors, plumbing, etc. I clean pretty good the day before. Just vacuuming, mop and sweep really fast, dust a little, and make sure the place smells nice.
My quotes are now out of order gang, sorry lol Can't wait to see pics of your creations!

I WISH our inspectiosn were annual! Here they can (and our stinkin real estate DOES) inspect every 3months if they give you 7days written notice. We get comments on weeds in the clothesline area (pebbled) to which I reply would've been nice if the builders put weed cloth down eh? MOST of what they do is walk thru & make sure the place is being maintained and that the tennants aren't destroying the place, so I do my usual cleaning and make sure the place smells nice but they can step over the ever present toys on the floor just like the rest of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Our town requires yearly "inspections" from landlords. For us it's mostly so landlord can see condition of house and not say I didn't know all the storm windows are broken. It's to protect the tenant. I just make sure things are reasonably together. I am not very domestic and working full-times makes me less so.
Hehehe My mom used to say the only thing domestic about her was that she lives in a house...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsishomemade View Post
YES!! I am also a Gemini. And a true one at that, always changing.
: I think we'll get along famously :

Wanna hear something funny? We applied for a house the other day (not *the* house, another one) and we were declined .. turns out the owner got 4 applications for the property and turned down ALL of them (despite the fact that we came back 'highly recommended' as tenants!) The agents were flustered and even more confused than we were by that one. I think we'll call the agents for THE house back this arvo to see if they've had any communication from the owner yet wish me luck

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Wanna hear something funny? We applied for a house the other day (not *the* house, another one) and we were declined .. turns out the owner got 4 applications for the property and turned down ALL of them (despite the fact that we came back 'highly recommended' as tenants!) The agents were flustered and even more confused than we were by that one. I think we'll call the agents for THE house back this arvo to see if they've had any communication from the owner yet wish me luck
LUCK!!!

if anyone can spare a hug, i'd love one... : just an overly sensitive "F" feeling bad for certain vehement opinion-expressing she inadvertently encountered, if you kwim... think i'll go admire my yule party invites and make me a cuppa. or put on some plaid to go with my stripes.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:22 AM

Good luck and hugs for those in need...and stripes of plaid for everyone else!

I'm off for bed soon since DH is going to hang on to the babe for a bit and give me a solid HOUR (and hour! A whole blessed hour) all by myself in the bed. I don't know what I'll do with all that space.

I feel like things are changing, like this is the dark before dawn so to speak. One of my close friends got engaged (she'd been with her partner for ~8 years) and then just 2 months ago, she suddenly called off the wedding broke up with her partner sold him her share of the house and really just had a horrible horrible "crash". Then out of the blue she was offered an amazing position in a city she LOVES but she had to move there within 2 weeks of the offer. She took it, moved from NY to CA, lived on a craigslist room for rent couch for a month. Found an amazing apartment just minutes from her train in a neighborhood she adores, learned that her best male friend (they grew up together as kids) is a whole lot more to her now (he will be moving from MI to be with her in a few months and they are head over heels in love), and is having a blast at a totally amazing job. And all this happened over the course of about three months! A complete 180 emotional roller coaster that changed every single element of her life.

So it can happen. Even when things seem impossible you may only be a week or two away from the wild fulfillment of dreams barely even imagined.

Kinda cool, huh?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 AM

Well it appears we were declined for the first house for a reason after all JUST got a call from THE agent and we got THE house We start moving in on the 18th : : : DH best call the parents tonight and book their services for that weekend! Me, DH & dad will do the loading and mum can babysite I think

Cari.. who is wearing neither plaid nor strips today :

Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 AM

Congrats! Which house again!? Did we see a pic of it yet? Yay for you all.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 AM

October is also one of my favourite months. I love the colour of the leaves at this time of the year, and I can smell Autumn in the air.

Peace
Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Congrats! Which house again!? Did we see a pic of it yet? Yay for you all.

This house http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...02910143&t=res : .. we're both thrilled because it's a very 'US' kinda place Now the logistics are setting in .. the driveway is a mountain LOL.. getting amoving truck backed up said mountain, then walking uphill with furniture to get OUT of said mountain goat of a truck.. : YIKES.. moving sucks!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Congratulations Cari! Nice house!
I haven't been around lately, and I don't know if I'll manage to keep up this month either, but Salvia pm'd me last month so I wanted to stop in and say hi.

I'll be the odd one out, a gemini who does not like change. I mean, I like changing my mind, but I don't like change that happens to me.

September was an odd month of mixed emotions here. My cat of 7 years (and best friend) was hit by a car and killed while we were away on a short triip. We didn't find out for a week and a half, we just thought he was off on his own vacation, as he tends to roam. But then he's been gone so long, we decided to put out posters. The next day, a neighbour down the road called to tell us he had buried our cat. I needed the closure of seeing his body, so we exhumed him, verified it was his body and then buried him on our own property. It's been a major heartache, quite possibly the closest death to me that I have ever dealt with - I referred to him as my firstborn. He followed me like a puppy. We were very close.

Then, on the day that was my dd1's 5th birthday, I discovered I was pg. Now, we had been telling everyone who asked that we were about 99% sure we were done having kids, and if we did have any more it woudn't be till our others were quite a bit older. I was a bit sad to think we wouldn't have a third, but our two are already such handfuls, that it didn't seem possible to manage another child.

Well, here I was staring at those two pink lines, and my response was: "WTF??"

So that's what's going on with me. My baby's gone, and here comes another. Just to be odd, this (human) baby was conceived two days after the death of my kitty.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Pam- *hugs*

Cari- love the house! sorry we can't help with packing.

Clay- wow...just wow. I can't imagine all the emotions your friend went through.

I just put out a request for an interlibrary loan and can't wait to hear it is in.

It is raining today which is fine by me. I need a day to veg and bake. Ahh, apple pie!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Cari, very cool house!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

User Tag List