Full Moon birth with forewaters intact, New Moon naming ceremony -- any input? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-04-2007, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am plunking all of my questions into this one thread and hopefully the thread title will catch the attention of any folks who can offer insights...

Our DD was born last week on the Full Moon, with forewaters intact, and we are intentionally holding her naming ceremony on the upcoming New Moon.

Do you know anything about the mystical signicance of being born with forewaters? (My midwife suggested that there was something to this, but I forgot to ask her where it comes from.)

Is there a mystical significance to being born on the Full Moon?

I am excited that we will be holding her naming ceremony on the New Moon.

I sense that the combination of these is powerful, but I don't have the breadth of knowledge of any mystical traditions or of other religions besides Judaism to really know.

Lastly, do you have any favorite readings or rituals that relate to babies and the moon cycles that you can send my way? I have lots of New Moon material from the Jewish tradition and will be basing her ceremony on Jewish naming traditions, but I am especially interested in learning about this in other religions and traditions as well.

TIA!!!!!

Mama to DS (7), DD (5), DD (2), #4 due 03/2013

#2 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 06:10 AM

congrats mama!

Those born during Full Moon are very much aware of the need to balance their own identity with those of people around them. This person is able to see both sides of an argument, is fundamentally aware of her own ego and inner or emotional needs and aware of her own needs as opposed to the needs of others. The difficulty for this personality type is to find middle ground or a balance between the different options. There is a tendency, particularly when young, to swing from one side or another. Thus this person may ignore her own needs in order to take care of others needs or conversely ignore others needs in order to take care of her own. As the child grows they learn to utilise both sides and by the time they reach adulthood have hopefully found middle ground and a sense of balance. Whilst highly motivated, the ability to achieve is very much dependant upon this individual's confidence level. There is a tendency in the full moon personality to swing radically back and forth with just about everything, this also includes their own self-confidence. One day they can be riding high on their own sense of self and ability and the next day totally doubting their own abilities. They swing between the need to conform and the need for personal freedom, of the need for acceptance and the desire to be unique. This personality knows that life is to be lived to the full, is generally optimistic, impatient and driven and capable of high achievement.

I reckon you should ask your midwife about what significance being born with forewaters is... I would love to know myself

found these links on different naming ceremonies Hope they help...

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/paga...aby_Naming.htm

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/paga...y_Blessing.htm
#3 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Being born in the bag of water indicates a psychic child (from what I've heard). My understanding is when they chose a dalai lama, he has to be born in the bag of waters or they wont except him.

Fun birth! Congrats!
#4 of 4 Old 11-05-2007, 07:34 PM

: my grandma was born in the caul (she calls it a "full veil baby"). she's definitely got some abilites to see events to come (she pretty much always knows when a family member is going to die) and senses spirits and the like.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page