Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
If you are a Christian - demonic possession is something you accept as part of your religion.
This is absolutely not true at all. There are many, many Christians who do not accept demonic posessions - in fact, most of the mainstream Protesteant movements do not believe in demonic possession. We certainly don't in my chuch!

No - I don't think it can happen like that at all. The movie is entertainment - Hollywood fiction. It's not a documentary.

I do believe in psychic energy and that our brains have abilities far eyond what most of us are able to harness today. I believe that Jesus, born a human, had the ability to harness more of his brains power than most of us are able to.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#62 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 09:55 PM

It just occured to me that y'all are connecting Demonic possession with Christianity, not soley of course, but you know what I mean.

I don't believe that Demons have anything at all to do with any church, any religion. In fact, I'll go one step farther and suggest that they could be just as easily called evil spirits (since the term Demon suggests Christianity). And to balance that of course, there are greatly peaceful and loving energies; Christian's call these Angels.

I believe in all spirits, both good and bad. I believe that by giving into your fear of them, you feed them giving them more power. I believe that when you are thankful of the good spirits you give them more power.

For those of you that don't believe that "demons" have anything to do with the church, I challenge you to do some research. Learn some history. I can't debate with you until you are informed.
#63 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
by spirits. I have only ever met a couple of demons, minor ones. Not a big deal really. But some spirits have a lot of energy and can be seen, heard and felt.

Thankfully I have never witnessed anyone possessed. *shudders* Probably because I'm just not easy to overcome.
I laughed when i read your post, mostly, because i've been where you have been in the sense, of feeling, seeing, hearing, being choked, etc. I mist be crazy
#64 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Babe.. I might blame it on the glass of wine I'm drinking, but I'm unsure whether you're making fun of me, or commiserating.
#65 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 10:33 PM

LOL, blame it on the wine. I'll have a glass with you shortly. I'm commiserating. While I generally "enjoy" being able to harnass my "abilities" at the last home i was at there was a particular "male presence" who realy liked to push my buttons and towards the end was quite violent. I
ve seen, felt, and heard things since i was little.
#66 of 70 Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 PM

Excellent.. not the creepy bastard in your house, but that you're not being sarcastic!
MM... try some Fat Bastard. Its yummy.
#67 of 70 Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM

My mother was possessed by demons. I was maybe 10? She was exorcised in our church and it was very real.
#68 of 70 Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS;10119169
[B
I don't believe that Demons have anything at all to do with any church, any religion.[/B]

For those of you that don't believe that "demons" have anything to do with the church, I challenge you to do some research. Learn some history. I can't debate with you until you are informed.
A bit of a contradiction, don't you think

Of course demonic possession has to do with religion - that doesn't mean I have to believe it.

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#69 of 70 Old 01-04-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theretohere View Post
Our synod has psychiatrists that are faithful members who can do an evaluation- people who are well versed in both physical and supernatural causes for illness.
This is utterly scary to me. And not just because I am an atheist and do not believe in demonic possessions, but because within the medical community unbiased, outside consultations are very, VERY frequently sought after in terms of diagnosing mental illness, that the thought of someone being a jack-of-all trades doing both the diagnosing, and treating, WITH a bias on the subject is just... scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
MM... try some Fat Bastard. Its yummy.
I love me some Fat Bastard.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#70 of 70 Old 01-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Um, it's not as if possession is the first, second or third assumption. I think it is better, though, to have a personal evaluated for mental illness before assuming it's a possession.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page