anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

#331 of 1068 Old 05-29-2008, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I think you are pretty clear in what you are looking for. Now it's just a matter of finding someone that jives with your beliefs. It is *my* belief that your experience with homeopathy should be a learning process. You aren't going to become a homeopath with what you learn in the office, but you should (IMO) walk away after each appointment with just a bit more insight.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but all my practitioner's have always gone out of their way to explain things and help me to understand what was going on as well as what they were trying to accomplish with each remedy. They have always talked me through the rubrics, choices of remedies, why they were selecting that one, where it came from and what the signatures are. They then talk about what they expect to see with it. I am an active participant and an equal in the office. They have specialized knowledge, but my time is as valuable as theirs and they expect me to want to know and to give feedback. I feel respected. I think everyone deserves this. I have been using natural medicine for years, and nearly every person I've seen has had this approach...even (especially) the homeopathic MD.

I hope it was helpful...feel free to continue processing if you need to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 1068 Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourgrtkidos View Post
Does anyone know the remedy for sinus congestion with the keynote symptom of loss of smell?? and taste??

PLEASE!
Was this helpful? The way you asked made it seem like you were looking for the strongest rubrics. Without anything else it's a bit tough to narrow it down more. Is there anything else that stands out? Or are you good at this point?
#333 of 1068 Old 05-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Okay, let me ask a question. Last time I was at my naturopath, he said one possibility would be to take some of my blood and make from it a remedy specific to me at that time. He explained it, but I guess I didn't pay enough attention because I don't get it now. He said it would be "good" for a maximum of 30 days, and at that point he could take more blood and make another if I needed it but that we would wait and see if I needed it. I don't feel like I'm being taken advantage of or anything, I just don't understand I guess and wondered if any of you wise ones knew what the heck he was talking about. If not I'll ask when I go back. It was the last thing he wanted to try and the most expensive.

He uses homeopathy in conjunction with acupuncture, nutritional supplements, herbs, etc. if it helps.

#334 of 1068 Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

It's called Isopathy. You can take any secretions from yourself and make a remedy from them. In this case it would only ever be administered to the person it was "harvested" from. It is a recognized type of homeopathic treatment, and I have done it before-when it was easy. I have never used my blood to do it. I have also done auto-nosodes, (using secretions in times of acute illness) successfully. Many people into homeopathy do it during flu season.

At this point in my life I think it is preferable to find the remedy that fits, but in an acute situation this may be an interesting option. IF you do it, be sure to post back and give feedback! I love hearing experiences!
#335 of 1068 Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Was this helpful? The way you asked made it seem like you were looking for the strongest rubrics. Without anything else it's a bit tough to narrow it down more. Is there anything else that stands out? Or are you good at this point?

Thanks..... I am not better yet. I seemed to develop allergic sinusitis suddenly after a lifetime of no allergies... at 35yo. It is driving me crazy! It was just an hour of congestion here or there for a few weeks. Then it turned into a daily thing most of the day 4 weeks ago and now 2 weeks of 24/7 running nose alternating with flowing thin, clear mucous always pressure and congestion in my sinuses under eyes and above eyes. Itchy stinging eustacian tubes, and sometimes throbbing in my sinuses that go to my teeth. I haven't tasted food for 6 weeks! And forget smelling anything.........
I also leak urine when I sneeze. Thanks goodness I do not sneeze all the time or alot!
I went to my homeopath- but she has been off for the last year since she was in a bad car accident and had a concussion. I haven't had a good cure from her since.
Michelle
#336 of 1068 Old 06-01-2008, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
subbing.

mayamade soap + apothecary for family + home Now with Pleasant Perineum Sitz Bath
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#337 of 1068 Old 06-02-2008, 06:19 PM

Hi Sisters!

i have a bit going on now healing wise in my family. Mostly good(as in moving in a positive direction)- this would be dd1 and dh. Some confusing. (this would be related to me specifically). i dont know that i'll be consulting the new homeopath extensively. oh well.

I wish i had time or energy to post... maybe i will anyway.

in breif. I had bad mastitis 2 novembers ago, it started with a stiff neck and many other things indicating phytolacca including my instinct. i took anti biotics at the time and have since had a lump in a duct - abcess that wont reabsorb. Have seen my old homeopath she said sulphur and that it was my constituional - no affect. anyway, my periods came back recently and the lump got inflamed (phytolacca) - the inflamation has returned every time i have had stress physical or emotional since the actual infection, with ear ringing/ pain and back pain. this time it occured with a sinus infection (facial pain is a phytolacca symp) I tried to get in touch with the person firefairy rec'd but it was taking too long fo rher to respond to my email so i had dh pick up phytolacca b/c he was in a city with a homeopathic pharmacy (3 months ish ago) anyway i took 200 3X doesnt matter why it was working and i didnt need to keep taking it but did not understand principles as well then as i do now. it ran too stron and ws very intense. i thinki antidoted it with a lot of cal-mag vitamins, b/c then the pos effects went away. so i waited a few days and took 30 c 2 X a day for like 1 1/2 weeks. but i would feel it wearing off come evening when i
d need to take it again. then it stuck better eventually and i stoppd taking it.

Anyway, this was the first thing i have tried that made the lump really go away ( ithought).

then i got this bad cough 1 1/2 months ago and went to the new homeopath my baby also had a bad cough and he perscribed drosera for me which did not help and gave me headaches so i stopped taking it, then he suggested something else maybe phos. or perhaps he rec'd that for my baby. anyway none of the remedies helped so he said sometimes you just have to let your body do the work. We went away for 1 1/2 weeks for passover to my MIL and the cough did not get better. Gamne home went to an MD- he said pneumonia - i did not do the xray or take anti-biotics just garlic for a few days and it was all gone. anyway, th lump never went away agin, then i got a sinus infection and my breast was hurting so i went to see the new homeopath agian. told him how i thought i needed phytolacca and why and how it also treats basically everything i have ever had my whole life. (Would that make it my constitutional) my feeling was that i needed to take it repeatedly at a higher dose and that in Nash's materia medica he writes that he had great success administering phyto for lumps that have been there a while at CM once month. I diod not want to make that kind of perscription myself. So anyway he said silica which i see why but it also has alot of things that DO NOT apply to me but he did not ask me to take alot so i tried it 2 doses of 30 c some weird things happened but it did not treat my breast or my sinuses so after a week he said take one more dose, i debated with myself i read i decided to do it, i was so sick for 2 days and one day was my dh
s bday and thenext he was away and i was home alone with my girls. turns out he thought my remedy might have been a dud and that why he asked me to dose again, i cant afford to get sick like that to see if the remedy is a dud! so still cant breath so goos and am really pissed to be breathing through my mouth! annd breast is not great but not inflamed, just painful when nursing sometimes.

Anyway so i told him i intend to take phytolacca and can he recomend a dose. he sid 30 c once a week for a month and if it doesn t work dont take more.

i dontthin that is going to be enough i mean i have had this long time, if it was going to go away easily it would have. but i dont want to take CM! that sounds very intense and i am very sensitive. but i dont know what to do.

any advice?

also what do you guys thing abt using a crystal to chose remedies (like to confirm your thoughts or discount them?)

and what do you know abt if British Institute is a good prorgam?

i was feeling so disallusioned with energy medicing b/c of bad experiences but i think i am just had enough with doctors. :

eta- i hope that was clear, i am not the queen of long posts that clearly explain complicated things going on in my life. i usually just respond to others. this thread has really made me try.
#338 of 1068 Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 AM

gilamama,
how are you feeling now?

firefaery,
I gave my 8 yr old 6C silicea to try to help with a splinter. It's on the bottom of his foot, not sticking out at all, and it was bothering him a lot. Would you repeat this? How often would you give it and how long would you keep doing it? He went to bed right after, and I thought I'd try an Epsom salt soak in the morning, but it is completely covered up.

Thanks!
#339 of 1068 Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 PM

momofmine, iam ok, a bit stressed abt my lump but, I took phytolacca 30c once and saw nothing and a second time after 24 hrs, nothing, i know this remedy well though and so after a few days took 1M my other symptoms have passed and my lump got smaller and un--painful, that was 6 days ago and it is a bit uncomfortable agin so i am considering what dose to take at this point.

re: silica - from what i know it is a remedy that does not like to be repeated. when i gave it for very bad pink eye to my dd, i gave 30c once and once more after 12 hrs. then waited and watched slow improvement. it is also a slow remedy.
i have never used it for a splinter, for those i would keep a bandaid and softening "firstaid" type cream on the area for about 24 hrs but if i cant get it out then i boil a needle or tweezers and take it out. i dont want the skin to close up.

6c is a very low dose. i would probably give it a few but no more than 3 times and wait 6 hr in betwenn you could try posting on a hopmeopathy forum if someone more knowledgable doesnt post here.
#340 of 1068 Old 06-10-2008, 03:21 PM

thanks gilamama,
is the lump in your breast? is it painful?
#341 of 1068 Old 06-15-2008, 02:04 PM

Can anyone comment on how perscribing for a miasm is different than perscribing for a similum?
#342 of 1068 Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 AM

WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR THREAD? ARE PEOPLE NOT GETTING NOTICES?

i need help. We are moving to a new town. My dd has developed a bad UTI she is almost 5 yo. It wont go away with echinacea and propolis and EO. She needs to go to the toilet like 10 times to empty her blatter very little comes out everytime. She had fever in the beginning and that only lasted like 12 hrs. That was on monday.

I think it is triggered by nerves, related to moving.

2 yrs ago we moved back to Israel after 2 yrs in America and She had the same thing. It lasted a long time. I think aconite 1M. was what finally helped momths after the actual move, i think like 6 or so months later.

She first had pain when urinating and in her vulva abt a week after a vaccine - mumps or measles i dont remember which. She was 2 1/2 ish.
hten once in a while on a sat or sun, after having hcocolatey or sugary foods on fri or sat she would have painful and frequesnturination, but it would pass after a day.

She is now off od wheat, dairy, corn, soy, chocolate, sugar b/c of food alergies. Going off sugar was b/c of the pee-pee symptoms.

Her only other symptom is a dificulty with authority, not being able to listen. She is usually not like this.

cananyone help me with a remedy? like i said we are moving and i dont have time to go to the homeopath right now. ugh. I have looked at causticum, apis and thuja occidentalis but, nothing is clear for me. thanks! I will also take other suggestions btw asside from homeopathy.
#343 of 1068 Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 AM

gilamama,
I am so sorry your dd is not feeling well. I don't have daughters, but I've heard those can be so painful. I wish I could help you, but I don't know enough to recommend anything. I know this thread did kind of fizzle out. One thing that happens is that if you get one notice that there has been a post, you don't get any more notices if you don't go to the thread.

I have a few books, I'll go see if I can find anything. Can you call a homeopath? That's what I would do, I would be calling someone and trying something, because I know that it's much better if you can catch those things early.

I have a book called Naturally Healthy Babies and Children, and she has some recommendations like nettle infusions, plantain tincture, marshmallow root. Let me know and I can PM specifically what it says. I don't know if I can just type that in (copright stuff?), but I could PM you and tell you more.

Do you have a variety of books that help you determine specific symptoms? The books I have ask very specific things,so I don't know how to answer. I'm sorry I can't help more!

Wh don't you post over in Health and Healing too, maybe someone has more suggestions for a UTI.
#344 of 1068 Old 06-20-2008, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

UTI's are generally cantharis if you are treating acutely. You can also look at gels. or arg. if she's having anticipatory anxiety. HTH.
#345 of 1068 Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Hi, I am sorry I missed this thread back when it started! Looks like amazing amount of information here. I am gonna have to come back and read it sometime!
#346 of 1068 Old 06-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
I thought you all might be interested in the outcome. It's a new combo with the catchy title of "Big and Strong" -- it was designed to appeal to 8 year old boys! DS has two friends who like him are totally into sports, especially soccer, all three boys are skinny, have sensory issues around food, and one (not DS) is very small and very limited in what he will eat. The remedy is a combo of essences that encourage growth, nutrient absorption, maturity, strength and physical ability. So far two of the children have started taking it, the other gets his tomorrow. DS has been on it for a week and his appetite is great, but what is mind blowing is the boy has grown 1/2 an inch in a week! So it looks like it will be an interesting remedy if it works for the other two as well. If it does work, and DH thinks it still needs tweaking, how on earth can you market such a thing?!

I am Rhome
#347 of 1068 Old 06-22-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

through naturopaths, chhiropractors and flower essence practitioners to start! I will be watching....
#348 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
I thought you all might be interested in the outcome. It's a new combo with the catchy title of "Big and Strong" -- it was designed to appeal to 8 year old boys! DS has two friends who like him are totally into sports, especially soccer, all three boys are skinny, have sensory issues around food, and one (not DS) is very small and very limited in what he will eat. The remedy is a combo of essences that encourage growth, nutrient absorption, maturity, strength and physical ability. So far two of the children have started taking it, the other gets his tomorrow. DS has been on it for a week and his appetite is great, but what is mind blowing is the boy has grown 1/2 an inch in a week! So it looks like it will be an interesting remedy if it works for the other two as well. If it does work, and DH thinks it still needs tweaking, how on earth can you market such a thing?!
Wow, this is my son exactly. He is 8, very into soccer, even made the higher level team for the fall, but he is very skinny. I mean, you can totally see his ribs, yet he has an enormous appetite. I really believe there is something going on that is preventing him from absorbing all the nutrients from his food. I am trying to figure it out. Can we be in your clinical trial??
#349 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

uccomama, if you are actively taking people I have someone for you. My partner's son (the one I have been ordering from pegasus with...and can I just tell you what an intense experience it was to take alphard? it was like having dry ice in my mouth!)

Anyway...her son is 8, enjoys athletics-big into speed skating and gymnastics, is terribly skinny, has the celiac gene but has never eaten gluten in his life as she was diagnosed when he was an infant, is VERY picky about food etc. etc. etc. They also use only vibrational medicine (not that it matters) but they are used to it. Anyway if your dh is interested let me know!
#350 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM

momofmine and ff, let me talk to DH and see what he says. The remedy combo is new and he really doesn't know if it works yet, but the boys are loving it! ff, it contains no stars and is a 2oz spray so it is easy to take and doesn't "feel" like medicine, and tastes great as DH made it with brandy. The problem with marketing it is it is illegal to make claims for vibrational remedies, so what does one say if it does in fact work?. He was inspired to make it because of DS's friend, the one who is tiny (genetics for the most part, so it isn't going to make him grow to 6' 10"!), but has major food issues, he lives on tahini, raw garlic, uncooked oats, a few raw veggies and salsa and chips very little fat, I think he drinks chocolate soy milk (yuck), obviously he should be on much more raw fat, but won't. He has sensory issues (gags and throws up a for no apparent reason), and was in OT since he was a baby through to a young child, but no longer is. Although he is much better, he is a physically weak kid which he makes up for in skills. He is having the boy's parents take a remedy (another new combo) called New Patterns because obviously the issues go beyond the boy's. I am also taking the New Patterns combo, I have no idea what is in it, but no stars.

I am Rhome
#351 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM

Okay, just spoke to DH and he said if you want it, to email him at starvibe@speakeasy.net to order it.

I am Rhome
#352 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

I am VERY interested in the new patterns (and I'm okay with flowers and gems too, I haven't been spoiled by the stars ) This is what I'm working on now- as you know.
#353 of 1068 Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I am VERY interested in the new patterns (and I'm okay with flowers and gems too, I haven't been spoiled by the stars ) This is what I'm working on now- as you know.
#354 of 1068 Old 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM

I'd love to know what essences could encourage growth and nutrient absorption. We worked with a homeopath for several years but I haven't seen a change -- except that DS was getting sicker more often. I think I need a different approach. DS is a great eater and is not picky at all but I have the sense that something is just not clicking -- I was really sick in my pregnancy and afraid of pain with childbirth if he was too big --I wonder if I have set up a growth-limiting process.
#355 of 1068 Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

You could look at tissue salts (very specifically silica) but the whole range in general. They are homeopathic, but in very low doses and nutritional in nature. The correct simillimum is the way to go, but there are only 12 salts and they are easy to navigate. It's a great starting point.

Silica specifically helps with the uptake of minerals in a system that is having difficulty with absorption. You can get all twelve salts in one formulation called "bioplasma" Some give it almost like a multivitamin.
#356 of 1068 Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love homeopathy and mostly know about using it for birth, and I was able to see an awesome homeopath for awhile, then budgets changed and I moved. I also like flower essences but don't know much about them. I am currently taking rx for some mental health issues and I would like to discuss the possibility of moving back to homeopathy and perhaps some essences. The most fast acting and helpful remedy I ever used was lyssinum which isn't really easy to find and I live in a very very rural area and haven't found anyone to work with. I would love to learn more in general about remedies and the spirituality of them. I was at a birth and the mama was fighting her labor and in the next room I shook some pulsatilla and really thought about her and it worked! I also used radiography on my now ex dh - with his permission, and it also worked.

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2
#357 of 1068 Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
You could look at tissue salts (very specifically silica) but the whole range in general. They are homeopathic, but in very low doses and nutritional in nature. The correct simillimum is the way to go, but there are only 12 salts and they are easy to navigate. It's a great starting point.

Silica specifically helps with the uptake of minerals in a system that is having difficulty with absorption. You can get all twelve salts in one formulation called "bioplasma" Some give it almost like a multivitamin.
Firefaery -- I've never worked with tissue salts but DS was given silica at several points by our homeopath in the UK. When we came to the states and saw a homeopath here, he was concerend -- said that silica is very strong to use and does not fit my child. My sense is that it does though -- would tissue salts be a "do no harm" approach for us?
#358 of 1068 Old 06-30-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

This is a VERY different thing than a remedy. It is very low potency so that it has silica left in it, rather than being energetic in nature. This is in 6X potency, whereas constitutionally you would be looking at 200C or higher.

Different homeopaths have different ways of practicing. Some follow the classical model, some do not. If you feel that it helped our son before (constitutionally speaking) then you may want to contact your old homeopath and ask for direction.

Regardless, tissue salts are very different. If you google I am certain you'll find loads of info. Tissue salts and cell salts are the same thing, FWIW.
#359 of 1068 Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM

Are any of you certified Classical Homepaths? where are you taking your classes?

I am just blown away by this paragraph of the Organon.....

The highest ideal of homepathy is to restore health rapidly, gently, permanently; to remove and destroy the whole disease in the shortest, surest, least harmful way, according to clearly comprehensible principles.
-Hahnemann, Organon, 6th ed.

Okay.... most obvious..... "clearly comprehensible principles"...... it makes me feel stupid.

Second: rapid, gentle and permanent. Permanant I get. Rapid and gentle are harder. Sometimes rapid cures are NOT gentle. Aggravations can be hell to go through.

Third: our priorities. I am struggling with this sinus congestion. Yet, when I dry it up, anxiety and suicidal delusions abound. So, what is my idea of health? I have had good physical health my entire life. The stresses in my life have instead affected my mentals. (Even so- I always considered myself "healthy" other's would have a different definition) I have had depression (mild) and anxiety on and off since I was 28yo....... So, I took Xanax for a year. The last remedy I got (I hadn't sought help for the anxiety- just resently for the sinuses) got me off Xanax.... not even what we (me and the homeopath were focusing on) I just stopped remembering to take the Xanax...... now has been 5 weeks without it. I can live without Xanax, mentally more healthy and have some irritating sinus congestion. I can be patient and work from mental (most important) out to physical and this is what Hahnamann says is priority....... but the physical complaint of sinus troubles are an incredible frustration.

It is funny what we decide is important and what to focus on. The anxiety was worse and yet because I could taake a pill that would "instantly" hide the symptom I didn't go see my homeopath. When nothing would work for the sinuses I sought her help.

Michelle
#360 of 1068 Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Michelle,
Remember that the Organon wasn't written for the general populace so "clearly comprehensible principles" wasn't mean to be condescending. IT was meant to alert trained physicians to the fact that these ideas weren't a leap.

Understand also that he was referring to the medicine that was being practiced at the time. It was common to have these protracted treatments that took YEARS and physicians promised "not much longer." They drew out treatments to keep an income, deliberately NOT curing people so they could continue to get paid. That was unacceptable to Hahnemann. That is what he was specifically referring to when he said rapid (and there should be a footnote highlighting that fact in the 6th edition.)

You are also correct that there can often be aggravations which aren't a picnic. However, realize again that he was speaking out against the practices of his time. An aggravation is a HELL of alot more gentle than blood letting, cauterizing, and the other hellish practices physicians engaged in at the time. More patients died in Hanhemann's time from treatments than they did from diseases. Homeopathy is far gentler and this passage in the Organon is a response to that. You don't need to poison people or drain their blood within and inch of life to effect a cure. That's the take home message.

As for the third part, the sinus problems and the depression should both be addressed by your remedy. There can be layers, but in general the homeopath treats the "totality of symptoms" meaning that they wouldn't decide to treat the sinus issue and not the depression or vice versa. Within the repertorization the mentals get more weight that the physicals, but they are all addressed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page