anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1068 Old 07-15-2008, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
This is a VERY different thing than a remedy. It is very low potency so that it has silica left in it, rather than being energetic in nature. This is in 6X potency, whereas constitutionally you would be looking at 200C or higher.

Different homeopaths have different ways of practicing. Some follow the classical model, some do not. If you feel that it helped our son before (constitutionally speaking) then you may want to contact your old homeopath and ask for direction.

Regardless, tissue salts are very different. If you google I am certain you'll find loads of info. Tissue salts and cell salts are the same thing, FWIW.
Thanks!!! I'm looking into it ....
#362 of 1068 Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 AM

Would you give a homeopathic remedy for a wound a few days after it happened? My son fell off his bike on Sat night, and hurt his knee. In Wendy Lydall's book, Raising a Vaccine Free Child, she talks about giving Ledum as a tetanus preventative at the time of an injury. This isn't a puncture wound or anything, but it completely took the skin away in a one spot, and is pretty raw and open underneath. Everything I have read just talks about giving something right after the injury, like arnica. But I didn't know if it's too late for something like that now.
#363 of 1068 Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Would you give a homeopathic remedy for a wound a few days after it happened? My son fell off his bike on Sat night, and hurt his knee. In Wendy Lydall's book, Raising a Vaccine Free Child, she talks about giving Ledum as a tetanus preventative at the time of an injury. This isn't a puncture wound or anything, but it completely took the skin away in a one spot, and is pretty raw and open underneath. Everything I have read just talks about giving something right after the injury, like arnica. But I didn't know if it's too late for something like that now.
Arnica can help even this late, but may not be needed. Calendula ointment will help the skinned knee heal.
Michelle
#364 of 1068 Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM

hi girls! I just caught up on the last 2 pages of this thread.

we are in the states for a month at my parents house and I just got half of my amazon order. I got the bach remedies workbook and am awaiting shaeffer's encyclopedia.

i didn't expect to see this thread at all, i can't beleive tissue salt silica was mentioned!

i was even wanting to pm you ff abt silica b/c i first heard abt it from you (the nutritional supplement, not the remedy).

Well my dd2 and I are gfcf b/c of her digestion- she is 2 1/2 and nursing but i think my milk has dried up. anyway, a few ppl whom i trust told me that at 2 1/2 they were able to introduce their nurslings allergins in to their own diet without adverse results. so i tried it with dairy, she threw up many times over the course of a week and had horrible diarrea for abt the same time. she still gets stomach aches after eating (we resently started enzymes and when she takes them she does not get stomach aches ever, otehr wise, sometimes) - this has not been consistent though and may be b/c of my milk drying up now and not b/c of the damage done to her gut by the cream cheese. Anyway, after the dairy incident, she started biting her nails alot... now she does it less but still does it. also her toenails are now concave in the center. I have thought abt silica for her before b/c her hair is so short, but her nails always grew abt the same rate as her sisters, even if they were thinner, so i dismissed it.

When I spoke with someone at the HFS here a nutritionist or naturopath or somthing abt silica supplementation for her he suggested homeopathic 3X. What do you think FF?
#365 of 1068 Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 PM

I've read the entire thread, but it took me a few days to get through it! A lot of VERY interesting ideas here. The idea that the BODY itself is what does true healing particularly resonates with me. I have casually studied homeopathy for years for home use, and have regrettably turned to allopathy on occasion, when I was out of my league. I've learned a lot here about Bach - something I haven't paid much attention to in the past.

I have had the good fortune to have been brought up in a Swedenborgian community. There are many in our town who use homeopathy - even the local CVS carries it because the demand is high enough.

I thought I'd respond to the original question by FireFaery - about Homeopathy and Spirituality.

I have several distinct thoughts:

There is a general correspondence between the prevalent illnesses in the world and the the prevalent evils in the world, but there is not a direct correlation between the diseases that a particular person's body has and the issues that they may be working through. Otherwise - firstly, why would it be that as we get older, our bodies tend to function less well? (Generally, as we get older we become wiser and more spiritually aligned. But our bodies do not necessarily represent that.) And secondly, why is it that children, who are spiritually innocent, can suffer from diseases as well? The average peak physical condition happens from 18-25, but those ages we are often the most spiritually dysfunctional.
We are not necessarily spiritually responsible for the diseases we encounter. Our responsibility lies in our response to the disease. Do we allow the disease to control our lives? Do we wallow in self pity? Or do we look to see what there is to learn from the disease, and try to work through the disease so that we can move on? (I say "not necessarily responsible" because there are clearly some connections between lifestyle choices and 'lifestyle diseases.')

Another thought - one of my favorite analogies for homeopathy vs. allopathy: Imagine an alcoholic. Who is of most help to the alcoholic? I imagine allopathic medicine being like a cop. Being thrown in jail after an incident might keep the alcoholic 'dry' for a period of time, but serves no real use to the alcoholic. I imagine homeopathic medicine being like an AA meeting - a group of people who used to have the same problem, but have already begun to work through it (~dilution). The AA meeting will be much more useful to an alcoholic, if they are ready, in working through removing the addiction from their life.

Last thought of the night - comparing religion and medicine. The Catholic church has historically (NOT speaking about the present-day here! I really hope I do not offend ) removed the process of salvation from the individual. An individual could confess, and ask a priest for salvation, and the priest could then offer absolution. True spirituality, at the time, was not considered in the hands of the individual. Now, compare this with modern medicine - how often do so many feel like their health is not in their own hands? In the hands of the drugs, the doctors, and (ugh) the insurance companies. I think it is time for a Reformation of medicine. We (at least some of us) know now that while spiritual guides may be useful, they do not do the work for us. Ultimately, we have to fight our battles alone. It is time to recognize that the same is true of physical health.

Thank you for such an interesting read.

Aven
#366 of 1068 Old 08-03-2008, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avendesora View Post
Oh, YAY!!!!!!!!! My responses is blue since I have no idea how to multiquote

I thought I'd respond to the original question by FireFaery - about Homeopathy and Spirituality.

I have several distinct thoughts:

There is a general correspondence between the prevalent illnesses in the world and the the prevalent evils in the world, but there is not a direct correlation between the diseases that a particular person's body has and the issues that they may be working through. I wish I had a better response to this, but in my *experience* there tends to be a correlation on an individual level. OF course you spend time developing a disease, so what you are diagnoses with today can reflect what you were going through 10 years ago if you haven't healed the experiencesOtherwise - firstly, why would it be that as we get older, our bodies tend to function less well? (Generally, as we get older we become wiser and more spiritually aligned. But our bodies do not necessarily represent that.) I think in a perfect world that *is* true, I'm not sure it's what is happening. I think that we integrate patterns and function from a place of learned dysfunction. That is, as we get older we compensate more. There is also something to be said for lifestyle. Hahnemann himself said that a remedy was no replacement for poor lifestyle choices. It's not hard to see that people kill themselves a bit each moment with poor dietary choices, lack of exercise and lack of joy. And secondly, why is it that children, who are spiritually innocent, can suffer from diseases as well? Children are born into their parent's energy fields, that is how homeopathy and many esoteric healing forms see it. They come continuing your spiritual journey and generally their illness, as *I* see it is an opportunity for the parent's healing. As the parent find the path to healing the child comes along for the ride. There are physiological reasons that this is the case at times (genetics and such) but I feel that it goes deeper. Those who don't pay attention to their own physical and emotional decline will often pay closer attention to their children. The average peak physical condition happens from 18-25, but those ages we are often the most spiritually dysfunctional. Agreed, however we care in very corrupt times and have been for a long long while. I don't know that in ancient civilizations where they were connected to the magic and majesty of the world around them and grew up with reverence for life and all that it meant that that was the case. Hard to tell!
We are not necessarily spiritually responsible for the diseases we encounter. Our responsibility lies in our response to the disease. Do we allow the disease to control our lives? Do we wallow in self pity? Or do we look to see what there is to learn from the disease, and try to work through the disease so that we can move on? I heartily agree that this is HUGE(I say "not necessarily responsible" because there are clearly some connections between lifestyle choices and 'lifestyle diseases.') I guess the interesting thing would be to draw lines so to speak....which are you considering to be lifestyle diseases, and which are not? Edward Bach felt that all disease was a manifestation of a spiritual imbalance. It's interesting to think about, and to look for correlations between the disease and the predominant dysfunction of a particular person.

Another thought - one of my favorite analogies for homeopathy vs. allopathy: Imagine an alcoholic. Who is of most help to the alcoholic? I imagine allopathic medicine being like a cop. Being thrown in jail after an incident might keep the alcoholic 'dry' for a period of time, but serves no real use to the alcoholic. I imagine homeopathic medicine being like an AA meeting - a group of people who used to have the same problem, but have already begun to work through it (~dilution). The AA meeting will be much more useful to an alcoholic, if they are ready, in working through removing the addiction from their life.

Last thought of the night - comparing religion and medicine. The Catholic church has historically (NOT speaking about the present-day here! I really hope I do not offend ) removed the process of salvation from the individual. An individual could confess, and ask a priest for salvation, and the priest could then offer absolution. True spirituality, at the time, was not considered in the hands of the individual. Now, compare this with modern medicine - how often do so many feel like their health is not in their own hands? In the hands of the drugs, the doctors, and (ugh) the insurance companies. I think it is time for a Reformation of medicine. We (at least some of us) know now that while spiritual guides may be useful, they do not do the work for us. Ultimately, we have to fight our battles alone. It is time to recognize that the same is true of physical health. ABSOLUTELY!!!! A true healer always recognizes that the person does the healing themselves, that they are only a guide. Ultimately true health is ONLY achieved if it is totally integrated and that can only be done if a person is walking the path. That's not to say that they have to walk it alone, but they do have to be in control.

Thank you for such an interesting read.

Aven
No, thank YOU for a great post! I look forward to further discussion. I don't have very many people to turn this round with and would love to be able to push myself more.
#367 of 1068 Old 08-03-2008, 02:53 PM

I found it encouraging to read some here about people taking responsibility for their healing and their recovery. What made me uncomfortable was the possibility that someone else might read this thread and feel that they needed to accept blame for their disease. Taking responsibility and accepting blame are not one and the same.

If two people are in a car accident, perhaps one person was driving recklessly and one person was driving safely but going around a blind rise or something, and both are injured. Clearly the injuries are not equal fault. The reckless driver in this incident may need to accept responsibility in a way that doesn't apply to the other driver. (They are equally responsible for the quality of their healing process.) However, each person has lessons that can be learned through this, and good can ultimately be brought out of the situation, even if it is not immediately apparent. I do not agree with the law of attraction to the extent that it says that the victim 'brought this on themselves.'

Marg Helgenberger of Erin Brokovitch was previously mentioned in this thread (or so I thought, can't find the reference now) - that scenario could be considered lifestyle, but the person making the lifestyle choices were the corporate executives, shareholders, etc, and the public who likes cheap utilities. Looking for fault and blame rarely serves a use. Falling into a 'victim' mentality also serves no use. However, holding the executives accountable (financially) does. But 'Marg' is still the only one that can do the healing.

Here's the real reason why I'm uncomfortable with too much individual responsibility for disease - my family is so healthy!! : We eat organic produce (some local), local grassfed meats, raw milk, no sugar, no vaxes, and limited (sigh, I wish I could say 'none') allopathic interventions. My children have pleasant dispositions (they inherited that from DH) more often than not. (We're not physically perfect, of course. I have occasional hormonal fluctuations - mustard worked so well for that, btw! - and DH gets cold sores, and the kids do get runny noses sometimes in the winter.) But no allergies. I feel so blessed. I would feel terribly awkward if anyone here were to imply that our good fortune of health indicates that we are somehow spiritually superior - because we are so not! Your statements, FF, about negativity towards allergens may have created your children's allergies. I have lots of negativity towards standard-grocery-store-fare, and still my children lucked out without allergies. I suffer from chronic cynicism, especially with all things Monsanto, ha ha.

I think you might be particularly interested in Swedenborg's correspondences of the body. That information might lead to some insights as to what particular diseases correspond to. Eyes correspond to understanding, ears correspond to obedience... there's tons, but I'll have to do a little research to pull it together for you.

Some information can be found here. Glad to hear you've read the Organon, maybe you'll be able to read this (it's just as terse).

Aven
#368 of 1068 Old 08-03-2008, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avendesora View Post

Here's the real reason why I'm uncomfortable with too much individual responsibility for disease - my family is so healthy!! : We eat organic produce (some local), local grassfed meats, raw milk, no sugar, no vaxes, and limited (sigh, I wish I could say 'none') allopathic interventions. My children have pleasant dispositions (they inherited that from DH) more often than not. (We're not physically perfect, of course. I have occasional hormonal fluctuations - mustard worked so well for that, btw! - and DH gets cold sores, and the kids do get runny noses sometimes in the winter.) But no allergies. I feel so blessed. I would feel terribly awkward if anyone here were to imply that our good fortune of health indicates that we are somehow spiritually superior - because we are so not! Your statements, FF, about negativity towards allergens may have created your children's allergies. I have lots of negativity towards standard-grocery-store-fare, and still my children lucked out without allergies. I suffer from chronic cynicism, especially with all things Monsanto, ha ha.

My family too are extremely healthy, and I do not believe for one minute I am spiritually superior to anyone else on this planet. However, I have been in the position to draw experiences, teachers and guides (both physical and non-physical) that have assisted me to understand the nature of reality. FF's children have allergies because for them and for her it was a necessary experience for them in this life, and maybe even, past or future lifetimes. We draw to us experiences we need for our being's clarification. Now we can choose to ignore these experiences and we can choose to seek consolation instead, but this will only result in having to deal with them in another time and place. It is a great blessing to be confronted with these issues and to be able to address them.

The problem we have at this time on this planet is the majority of people do not understand how we are manipulated and controlled, therefore they have no idea of their inherent power over their own reality. All they see and understand is what they take in with their physical senses. They see their health in this way too. They do not realize that they are much, much more than their physical bodies and that the most important aspect to achieving good health is consciousness. Change your consciousness and you change your health. The majority of people on this planet live in fear. Fear that any moment now they are going to be struck down with some disease, fear that there children are going to get sick and the ultimate fear that they are going to die. If one understands that we are infinite consciousness and can never die there should be no fear. So when their body's goes into a healing (ie gets sick in their terms of reference), they panic and run to the doctor to save them because that is who they have been programmed into thinking can help. Of course the reality is very far from the truth, the only person that can truly assist them is themselves. Now, for many, probably most, people they do require the assistance of a guide/healer, but they must take responsibility of their own healing. And as you so rightly said, blame is not the same as responsibility, but for those in that live in programmed fear they see no difference.

Another subject, I wanted to get into was the art of suffering. I believe there is much to be gained to understanding this concept and how it relates to health as a state of grace. It seems to me that we have totally lost the understanding, and dare I say importance of suffering, largely because western medicine and the pharmaceutical cartel have led us to believe we should never have to suffer or be in pain. They make fortunes because of this selling their quack medicines and procedures.

I keep returning to the work of Dr Ryke Geerd Hamer, because he has scientifically demonstrated how illness is actually a beneficial special program of nature and that through suffering (symptoms in both the conflict active phase and the healing phase) our bodies heal and become stronger from the experience.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#369 of 1068 Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

No, responsibility and blame are two very different things. I don't think blame really has much of a purpose, like guilt it just keeps you where you are.

I don't interpret the LoA that way, though I know that many do. It's like a religion in the sense that there are so MANY interpretations. I think that is why it resonates with me, because my interpretation is empowering and accepting. I just believe that you always have the ability to create what you want. That doesn't necessarily mean that what you have experienced up until then was your fault. Conscious creation is just a very different thing, and that is what I strive for.

Regardless, I think the point I'm failing to make here is that something being your fault and something making sense are two different things. You cannot be faulted for something you are unaware of. In that sense the role of the healer can be simply to be an outside observer that is capable of pointing out patterns. Once you become aware of things you can make the choice to move towards health.

In my case the fact that I ended up with food allergies was not my fault, but it made perfect sense. I think in hindsight illnesses often make sense, based on the correspondences as well as many other things.
#370 of 1068 Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
The majority of people on this planet live in fear. Fear that any moment now they are going to be struck down with some disease, fear that there children are going to get sick and the ultimate fear that they are going to die. If one understands that we are infinite consciousness and can never die there should be no fear. So when their body's goes into a healing (ie gets sick in their terms of reference), they panic and run to the doctor to save them because that is who they have been programmed into thinking can help. Of course the reality is very far from the truth, the only person that can truly assist them is themselves.
I'll admit to having quite a bit of fear; however, my fear is in regards to the medical community. I am unafraid of disease, I am unafraid of death, and I am unafraid of the afterlife or whatever it is that lies beyond this current life. What scares me most is ending up in some uncaring doctor's care. During my last labor, we called the midwife and she was having a hard time contacting her backup. Without backup, I would have to birth in a hospital. My labor promptly stopped at that news. Once backup was found, my labor jumped right back into where it had been.
As long as I can keep working towards maintaining and supporting my families health, we'll be okay. But I'm afraid that the amount of fear that I have will actually draw a negative medical experience into our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
Another subject, I wanted to get into was the art of suffering. I believe there is much to be gained to understanding this concept and how it relates to health as a state of grace. It seems to me that we have totally lost the understanding, and dare I say importance of suffering, largely because western medicine and the pharmaceutical cartel have led us to believe we should never have to suffer or be in pain. They make fortunes because of this selling their quack medicines and procedures.
Thank you. That's not I have thought about before.

Quote:
I don't think blame really has much of a purpose, like guilt it just keeps you where you are.
I totally agree.

Quote:
Regardless, I think the point I'm failing to make here is that something being your fault and something making sense are two different things. ... In my case the fact that I ended up with food allergies was not my fault, but it made perfect sense. I think in hindsight illnesses often make sense, based on the correspondences as well as many other things.
I basically agree. There are so many things, health and otherwise, that don't make sense at the time, but can be seen in hindsight as a necessary part of the journey. It's really hard to keep that in mind during difficult moments, that eventually this will all be useful parts of the journey.

This is very useful for me to hear, in relation to other people in my life. There are some people in my life that are 'battling illness'. I am so tempted to try to solve their problems myself! (as if I could ) And I get so frustrated when they make poor nutrition choices, etc. For me to remember that this is their necessary journey, and it really has nothing to do with me. They know that they can use me as a resource if they'd like, and that's enough.

Aven
#371 of 1068 Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hey friends! Just stopping by to say that I am going to be teaching an 8 week online class on the original English Flower Essences. It begins the first week of September. It can be done at your own pace, and there will be one weekly online chat-it looks like it will be an evening chat-so answer any questions. IF you'd like more information feel free to email me! I can be reached at elementalwisdom @ gmail . com
#372 of 1068 Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Anyone still here. I just found this thread and was wondering if someone can help me with flower essences? I have tried a classical homeopath and a naturopath with homepathy but neither worked.
I need some major help in confidence and making decisions. I grew up in a verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive house where no matter what I did it was wrong. I was always told what to do all the time, and often tried to be quiet so I wouldn't have to deal with my father. I always blame myself, put myself down, and punish myself for things now and in the past. I have a lot of regrets in my past, but I understand that my weakness has left me vulnerable. I feel like I constantly need to prove myself to others and myself. I'm very sensitive to others thoughts, opinions, and words. I always try to read between the lines and figure out what others are thinking. I'm empathetic, emotional, and sensitive. I feel like I want to be rescued, and taken care of. I'm very fearful. I can't make a decision for the life of me, and always ask people for their thoughts, because I can't figre out what I want. In all of this I have lost who I am.
I need to make a decision on where to move and I am so completely torn. It's causing me so many problems and I need to get this figured out. Please help!!
#373 of 1068 Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

look at cerato, pine, crab apple, larch, walnut and star of bethlehem. Baby blue eyes would also be an interesting choice. Take a look at the pictures...
#374 of 1068 Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Thank you for such a quick response. I looked at the defnition for baby blue eyes and it fits great along with some others you mentioned. What do you mean "look at the pictures"? And do I order sepereate bottles of each essence or do they offer combined?
#375 of 1068 Old 09-21-2008, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.flowersociety.org/flower-...to-gallery.htm

because of the gestures of the flowers the ones you are most in need of should sort of jump out at you. Sounds weird, but try it out. You can feel free to email me for info on blends.
#376 of 1068 Old 09-25-2008, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

because of the gestures of the flowers the ones you are most in need of should sort of jump out at you. Sounds weird, but try it out. You can feel free to email me for info on blends.
whoa - that's freaky. we're riding through a "perfect storm" at work and i'm in my "cope" mode so the ones that jumped out at me seemed to be quite a propos.

on a side note, ds has moved from relying on homeopathics (e.g., arnica and pulsatilla) for his bumps and sniffles... now he announces that "[his] body will fix it". occasionally he still likes mama kisses but generally he doesn't even want those for bumps.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#377 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:

I found myself attracted to the open flowers with bright colors. Mostly everything can apply to me. I have to many to decide from. How do I narrow it down? Plus I didn't even look at them all.
Off my Bach list I have: Larch, Pine, Walnut, Cerato, Crab Apple, Scleranthus, and Wild Oat. Then I have from the picture list: Strongly are.. Cosmos, Baby Blue Eyes, Golden Ear Drops, Cerato, Pink Monkeyflower, Pine, Bleeding Heart, Evening-Primrose, Borage, Dandelion, Star of Bethlehem, Buttercup, Echinacea, California Pitcher Plant, Mariposa Lily, Hibiscus , Mallow, Easter-Lily, Shooting Star, Aspen, Alpine Lily, Fawn Lily, Filaree, Hound's Tongue, Morning Glory, Indian Paintbrush, Wild Oat, and Scleranthus.
On my "Not as Strong" but still sparked me, and definitely apply are: Agrimony, Beech, Calendula, Gentian, Impatiens, Walnut, Chaparral(applies to past),Deer Brush, Clematis, Crab Apple, Fairy Lantern, Gorse, Larch and Gentian.
I started to go through every flower and had so many apply that I had to stop.
#378 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 AM

Subbing, because I am DEFINITELY interested in this but it's too late tonight to read the whole thread!
#379 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
whoa - that's freaky. we're riding through a "perfect storm" at work and i'm in my "cope" mode so the ones that jumped out at me seemed to be quite a propos.

on a side note, ds has moved from relying on homeopathics (e.g., arnica and pulsatilla) for his bumps and sniffles... now he announces that "[his] body will fix it". occasionally he still likes mama kisses but generally he doesn't even want those for bumps.
Bluets,
That's wonderful. There are several in the very spiritual camp that say once you body can recognize the energy it can access it on it's own. Perhaps your ds is just seriously in tune.

Glad you guys are enjoying the flower photos. It really is amazing how accurate it can be.
#380 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingMe View Post
I found myself attracted to the open flowers with bright colors. Mostly everything can apply to me. I have to many to decide from. How do I narrow it down? Plus I didn't even look at them all.
Off my Bach list I have: Larch, Pine, Walnut, Cerato, Crab Apple, Scleranthus, and Wild Oat. Then I have from the picture list: Strongly are.. Cosmos, Baby Blue Eyes, Golden Ear Drops, Cerato, Pine, Bleeding Heart, Evening-Primrose, Borage, Dandelion, Star of Bethlehem, Buttercup, Echinacea, California Pitcher Plant, Mariposa Lily, Hibiscus , Mallow, Easter-Lily, Shooting Star, Aspen, Alpine Lily, Fawn Lily, Filaree, Hound's Tongue, Morning Glory, Indian Paintbrush, Wild Oat, and Scleranthus.
On my "Not as Strong" but still sparked me, and definitely apply are: Agrimony, Beech, Calendula, Gentian, Impatiens, Walnut, Chaparral(applies to past),Deer Brush, Clematis, Crab Apple, Fairy Lantern, Gorse, Larch and Gentian.
I started to go through every flower and had so many apply that I had to stop.
That is where it can be helpful to have a consultation with a flower essence therapist. It's very possible you do need all of them, but not at once. In that case you would start peeling layers. A flower essence therapist would help to identify which is the outermost layer and treat accordingly.

On the other hand you could try just sitting with it and see if there are a few that just really make sense. There may be some if you go back a few more times that really just jump out and they may narrow it down for you!
#381 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingMe View Post
Thank you for such a quick response. I looked at the defnition for baby blue eyes and it fits great along with some others you mentioned. What do you mean "look at the pictures"? And do I order sepereate bottles of each essence or do they offer combined?
If you contact a practitioner they do often do combinations. I am not sure how everyone works. I am happy to do blends for people that contact me and know what they want. I'm not certain everyone is the same, or if everyone would have the flowers on hand. Different practitioners use different ranges and may not have all of them on hand. Some may want to do a session before sending a blend, but I have a tendency to trust people's instincts and if they look at the flowers and KNOW what they want, I don't second guess that.
#382 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Bluets,
That's wonderful. There are several in the very spiritual camp that say once you body can recognize the energy it can access it on it's own. Perhaps your ds is just seriously in tune.

Glad you guys are enjoying the flower photos. It really is amazing how accurate it can be.
he's also more of an intuitive eater than i am these days. i just hope that he is able to retain that ability as he grows.

dh found that the blue flowers had a certain appeal to them. my preferences were all over the place - some blue, some yellow, some orange, with little similarity in shape.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#383 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

bluets,
The blue flowers relate to the 5th chakra. That means they govern many things....the biggies being communication, lung health, thyroid health, ear infections and sinus stuff. People with 5th chakra deficiencies and excesses tend to have alot of chronic lung, throat and ear stuff in terms of physical manifestations, though an acute problem (lack of ability to communicate at work or in a certain relationship) can have things manifest that way as well.

Dunno if this is a chronic thing or an acute thing, but there you have it. It will be interesting to think about if this applies at all.

There are many aspects to the gestures and signatures. Color is one, shape is one, direction of growth, relationship to the plants around them, ways of germination etc. all come into play. You won't necessarily know all of these just by looking, but when you do research it it's interesting to see how it relates. Supposedly that is why the flowers that are healing for your particular situation jump out at you.
#384 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM

firefaery -- I emailed you about your course! I'm also wondering if you have any advice on essences for fertility? I found that the images that appealed to me really did seem that they'd be helpful to me.
#385 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM

I have some baby blue eyes, which fits for me for sure, but the fairy lantern would greatly help me at this time I believe. I am not sure where to get it, I don't live in the city any more. Struggling with borderline personality and I have reached a point where my logical mind is watching my emotional vomit sessions and just begging for it to stop, go away, leave me alone! I have no use for it, it benefits no one and it hurts!

Heather, mama to Harriet, Crispin, in with Tom and 2
#386 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 09:10 PM

FireFairy or anyone else, have you seen great results with flower essences?
#387 of 1068 Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

fabulous. In fact that is pretty much why I got so into them!
#388 of 1068 Old 09-27-2008, 01:43 AM

Firefairy your messages are full.
#389 of 1068 Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

I've kind of given up. As fast as I clear them they fill up again. It's always a better bet to just email me. I try to keep up. I am teaching both Saturday (online) and Sunday (8 hour live seminar) so don't feel neglected if you don't hear from me!
#390 of 1068 Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Can you have a negative effect from a remedy? And if so, does it just go away in time?

I have talked on this thread about how I haven't felt 100% comfortable with our homeopathic physician. I don't know if it's just me, or what. But I find myself feeling that he jumps to conclusions, then latches on to that, and just proclaims something to be the truth, and seems to never really consider what I am saying if I am suggesting something different. Does that make any sense? He's just very sure of himself, I'll say.

So, anyway, I returned to him anyway, and my older son (9) had a follow up appt with him. The remedy he gave him before was sulphur. I really questioned that then, because he just didn't seem to fit that description from what I had read. Plus, it has never seemed to make a difference, and he's had it several times.

So he gave him this same one again at the appt last week. That night, he went into this funk like he never has in his life. He was suddenly very moody, withdrawn, upset about something, and would NOT talk to me about it for anything! I tried to talk to him for a long time, and he would just stare at the wall, it was very weird.

Also, he had been wetting the bed very consistently. I was convinced it was something in his diet but I couldn't figure out what. Then, several weeks, ago, I stopped giving him the kids' multivitamin he takes, and he stopped wetting the bed right away. he's had a few wet nights since then, but I think that was from other vitamins or supps I gave him one week he had a cold. I don't know if his body just reacts that way to certain vitamins, or if there is some additive he is allergic to.

Anyway, all of a sudden, he is wetting the bed again!

The homeopathic physician gave him a remedy last week in the office, then sent one in the mail (from Hahnemann Labs), which I was supposed to give him when we got it. I have had it for a couple of days now, and I just am not sure.

Am I just overreacting because I have issues with this guys?

If I give it, and it's the wrong remedy, is it just the kind of thing that either helps, or does nothing? Or could it make things worse to get the wrong remedy?

I would appreciate any input! Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page