anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1068 Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
yes, they are the north american flowers and the english or bach flowers. Colors are okay....which ones? But next time make them bigger and see if you have any that jump.
Okay, I tried again with the bigger pictures (note to self: it was a bad idea to try to open 100+ pictures at once on my computer ), and I still had a hard time, partly because many are beautiful and so it's hard to separate those that are appealing on another level with just normal beauty, and partly I had a hard time with pretty, familiar flowers.

Looking a couple times and doing a bit of eliminating, I think the ones that stand out are violet, sweet pea, honeysuckle, elm, calendula and alpine lily. For most I can see a mix (at various ages) of the positives and the negatives.

And I had a question that has totally slipped my mind, so hopefully I'll be back soon with a brain that is more fully functioning.
#422 of 1068 Old 11-08-2008, 09:15 PM

I remembered my question, it is so mundane. One of the websites described how to dilute some of the flower essence (olive for my husband) in mineral water. I have filtered water at home, it's been de-chlorinated and the nasty-tasting stuff (TX water) is gone--the water's quite tasty (so probably not that many minerals left, even the good ones)--but should I buy actual mineral water for this?

I don't think I'm going to get an obvious result from this (the olive for my husband, I mean). My husband and I have been talking about our attitudes and expectations and using visualization, and started making changes at the same time as when the olive arrived. I had a fantastic day, actually both Thursday and Friday were great (and Fridays are usually rough, I'm worn down by the end of the week) and he's feeling a lot better too, and I don't know how long/whether the olive is part of what he's experiencing.

Anyone with experience on when to stop if you're a newbie and it's not obvious what's happening?
#423 of 1068 Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM

Hi Everyone. I'm just subbing so that I will be sure to read all of the posts as I find the time. I've been working with Flower Essences for several months and also Homeopathy. It has been an exciting journey so far . I've hit a rough patch as of late, so I'm glad to have finally noticed this thread.
#424 of 1068 Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
Anyone with experience on when to stop if you're a newbie and it's not obvious what's happening?
sorry I never saw this. I didn't get notification for some reason.

You tend to *know* when to stop. As in...you tend to all of a sudden realize that you haven't taken it in a week and you are still doing great. I have some that I need to take quite frequently as the issue are more chronic for me. It's fine though, because they work! If I slack off I realize it and then start up again.
#425 of 1068 Old 12-11-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:
sorry I never saw this. I didn't get notification for some reason.

No problem.

You tend to *know* when to stop. As in...you tend to all of a sudden realize that you haven't taken it in a week and you are still doing great. I have some that I need to take quite frequently as the issue are more chronic for me. It's fine though, because they work! If I slack off I realize it and then start up again.
I had no idea that was an option--the chronic part. I think I'm going to get my husband more involved, it's olive for this deep, abiding tiredness he's felt is what I'm wondering about, and I'll talk to him and explain the idea a bit so he can feel free to start it again as he feels the need.

Thanks.
#426 of 1068 Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, yeah. It's often recommended that you take the essence in question (or blend) 4-6 times a day for a month or so. It's not like classical homeopathy where there is a one time dose. Keep it up!
#427 of 1068 Old 12-11-2008, 01:13 PM

Oooo I am subscribing to this conversation.

I just took an into to fe class this past fall and am looking forward to spending some time this winter re-reading and looking at it more indepthly.

also-waiting to get my hands on a kit!
#428 of 1068 Old 12-14-2008, 11:02 PM

Hi all,
My 4 yo is sick with a flu-like virus, and I gave him a homeopathic remedy (belladonna) several times on Saturday, which helped.
Now, his main symptoms are a runny nose and a deep sounding cough. Can I use essential oils, like eucalyptus, or will that undue the good the belladoona did? He is not taking the belladonna anymore. What's the stance on using essential oils and antidoting the remedy? How far apart?
#429 of 1068 Old 12-14-2008, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

what's the cough sound like at this point? Deep, but is it wet, rattling, barking etc?

I don't feel that it's all that easy to antidote with essential oils. I do think some people are more susceptible than others....but the beauty of acute remedies is that if by some offchance you DO antidote....you give it again.

Some homeopaths say you can only antidote if it's the wrong remedy. That may be true. If you have hit the right frequency it's going to be alot harder to antidote anything.

There are many different viewpoints. That's mine.
#430 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM

I just posted a thread in this forum about being afraid of God (which is related to my childhood fear of my parents). Anyone know what flower essence(s) would correlate with this issue? I'm already taking Olive, Star of Bethlehem, Willow, and Cherry Plum for other issues.

Thanks!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#431 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 12:36 PM

The cough is hard to describe. Not wet, definitely not dry. Just sounds like a congested, whole-body, racking cough. Not barking.

My 4 yo had fever go up again last night, and was sleeping very restlessly. Talking in sleep, making helicopter and vehicle noises, asking me to hand himt he light saber, etc, like he was playing. Then would ahve a preiod of restful sleep. Cycles of that. Then in very early morning hours he began waking more with the cough again.

Should I give him belladonna again? I haven't given it since Sat night. His main symptoms are: the cough hurts, red eyes (at times sensitive to light), fever not going as high anymore, but fever up at night, clear runny nose.

My 9 to actually was coughing more last night. He was miserable. His came on more slowly, started getting a fever last night (100-101), coughing a lot, then woke at 2:30 am coughing really bad with fever of 102.6, red flushed cheeks, very reddened lips. Gave him belladonna twice. Both times he was able to settle down, cough lessened, and he went back to sleep, but was up again an hour later.

This morning, I tried ferrum phos, because his had come on more gradually, and he didn't has as much of the stupor, although he did have it some. His main symptoms are fever, head feels full/dizzy, general flu-like yucky feeling, the cough hurts, scratchy throat all the time that is much worse when he coughs, whole-body cough, no runny nose, but he is more congested.
#432 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

I would personally switch to chamomilla. It's a great children's remedy and is well indicated for cold's, excessive mucus that is clear, fever, worse at night and during sleep etc. It also addressed stinging and burning in the throat as well as coughing.
#433 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
I just posted a thread in this forum about being afraid of God (which is related to my childhood fear of my parents). Anyone know what flower essence(s) would correlate with this issue? I'm already taking Olive, Star of Bethlehem, Willow, and Cherry Plum for other issues.

Thanks!
Aspen is a great fear remedy that is more fear of the unknown...which God is! If you feel that it's very specific that is more mimulus (fear of retribution BY God.) Larch is one that may apply if it's a confidence issue...like you'll never be good enough for God. I would add walnut in as well. If it doesnt' resolve it's the kind of issue a consult with a practitioner may be best for. It is sometimes challenging to get to root of these kinds of things on our own.
#434 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I would personally switch to chamomilla. It's a great children's remedy and is well indicated for cold's, excessive mucus that is clear, fever, worse at night and during sleep etc. It also addressed stinging and burning in the throat as well as coughing.
Thank you!! The remedies for coughs are confusing, they overlap a lot.
#435 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Aspen is a great fear remedy that is more fear of the unknown...which God is! If you feel that it's very specific that is more mimulus (fear of retribution BY God.) Larch is one that may apply if it's a confidence issue...like you'll never be good enough for God. I would add walnut in as well. If it doesnt' resolve it's the kind of issue a consult with a practitioner may be best for. It is sometimes challenging to get to root of these kinds of things on our own.
Thanks Firefaery!! I will probably visit the HFS and "try" each one-- just hold them to see how they feel and go from there.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#436 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

LTB...do you have a pendulum? That way you could try at home if that's helpful.

I just tested for you and got the best reaction for Aspen. White Chestnut and Crab Apple were up there too along with Walnut. Larch was a "no" for you so far as I could tell.

I also got Hornbeam over Olive for this moment. Cherry Plum and Star of Bethlehem were still high. HTH.

Let me know what you get, okay?
#437 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

and.....while I was at it chamomilla comes up higher for your little one, momofmine than belladonna and ferrum phos.
#438 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 07:11 PM

This has perhaps been discussed here before, but what methods does everyone here use to choose their flower essences and homeopathic remedies? I have had very accurate results using my pendulum and using applied kinesiology. Do any of you use cards with pictorial representations? I've been looking for a good set if anyone has any suggestions.

momofmine, I checked with my pendulum too and for your son I saw a small positive for belladonna, a clear positive for chamomilla and a negative response for ferrum phos. I hope he's feeling much better soon.
#439 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

I have used many methods for myself. For others I get very clear "nudges" when I take a case. I may confirm with pendulums or intuitive pics (have the client look at the two I'm debating between and let me know which they are drawn to) but often it's unnecessary. I have done the same thing with homeopathy cases (muscle testing or pendulum testing as well.)

You can get cards of the North American Flowers as well as the English Flowers from flower essence services. Living Flowers also has pics avaiable in the form of a book and the cards which are about 3X5 punch out.

http://fesflowers.com/
#440 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
You can get cards of the North American Flowers as well as the English Flowers from flower essence services. Living Flowers also has pics avaiable in the form of a book and the cards which are about 3X5 punch out.

http://fesflowers.com/
Thank you for jogging my memory.
Yes, that's the set that I was thinking about. Has anyone, by chance, tried the seasons of the soul skin oils from FES. I've been on the verge of ordering them, but they're a bit spendy.
http://us.fesflowers.com/Seasons.htm
#441 of 1068 Old 12-15-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
LTB...do you have a pendulum? That way you could try at home if that's helpful.

I just tested for you and got the best reaction for Aspen. White Chestnut and Crab Apple were up there too along with Walnut. Larch was a "no" for you so far as I could tell.

I also got Hornbeam over Olive for this moment. Cherry Plum and Star of Bethlehem were still high. HTH.

Let me know what you get, okay?
My pendulum recently broke (the boys) so I went and grabbed a needle on a thread. I haven't been very good with applied kinesiology.

I got Aspen, Walnut, Hornbeam, and Cherry Plum the biggest so I'll probably start there for now. Then I got White Chestnut, Crab Apple, Star of Bethlehem, Impatiens, Olive, and Mimulus all with kind of a smaller yes. I also got a no for Larch.

Thank you for your help!

#442 of 1068 Old 12-20-2008, 11:37 PM

I just got some essences for the first time , so I feel like i can now contribute to the discussion. I got mimulus, cherry plum, impatiens, star of Bethlehem, and hornbeam. I was thinking of my son the most when I ordered them, but I have found impatiens and cherry plum to be useful to me also. My DH takes some when I suggest, not because he believes it will work, he is just humoring me.
What I didn't connect though is many of these are already in RR. I use RR for my youngest. It doesn't work for my oldest. It is only partially successful for myself. Yet, I have had some positive interesting reactions to impatiens and cherry plum. the first time I took impatiens I felt it travel through me, in the same way my chamomile tincture tea makes me feel, or a shot of good vodka. Also, I felt calmer, but then really emotional. Not in a bad way, but more connected to my inner self. It wasn't entirely pleasant, and now I wonder if my oldest feels this way. As I said that I realize though that I put star of Bethlehem in his mix, so that might help with the feelings. You know, I had a similar reaction after I had an adjustment from my chiro after not going for a long time. (confession - I haven't gone in a year) after the adjustment (well adjustments, it happened several different times) I went into the car and cried. There was distress and release at the same time. One time I told my chiro about it and I think she thought I was nuts.
So why would RR not always work for me, but a straight shot of impatiens work? Is it more powerful straight from the bottle? I am struggling with the allopathic view of more is better. I tend to like them straight from the bottle, rather than my self made mix. Maybe I just like the brandy.

I already want to get more, some for myself. My next Frontier order isn't until Feb. What I really want is that set from FES, but I have other financial priorities first. I need to get to a homeopath first.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#443 of 1068 Old 12-20-2008, 11:39 PM

contamination concerns

I was wondering if you need to be concerned about contaminating the essences in the same way you need to be careful with homeopathic remedies? I am not careful about my boys touching the dropper with the mouths. Have I nulified its power?

#444 of 1068 Old 12-21-2008, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

They aren't contaminated in that they are ineffective. They are in that touching the droppers to your mouth will introduce bacteria into the stock bottles. What I do (since the dropper to the lip thing is inevitable) is mix the kiddos essences in their own bottles so it doesn't matter if they suck on the dropper...they're only messing with their individual blend. The bottles are about $1.75 each. Just put a few drops of each essence and top it off with water. HTH.
#445 of 1068 Old 12-21-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Many people react differently to a single essence vs a blend. What that tells me is that you NEEDED the impatiens and taking it singly allowed your being to focus. ANd yes, healing can be slightly uncomfortable. You dont' tend to have the healing crises you do with homeopathy but the shift can feel alot like growth which can be difficult!

I'd be suprised if your chiro thought anything badly of you. It is normal and expected with bodywork that toxic thoughts/substances are released. That's why massage/chiro/CST can bring up such incredible emotions and amazing releases! Good for you!!
#446 of 1068 Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorified_rice View Post

momofmine, I checked with my pendulum too and for your son I saw a small positive for belladonna, a clear positive for chamomilla and a negative response for ferrum phos. I hope he's feeling much better soon.
Quote:
and.....while I was at it chamomilla comes up higher for your little one, momofmine than belladonna and ferrum phos.
Thank you so much guys. I am sorry, somehow I missed your post, glorified_rice, but thank you so much! I did wind up giving my 4 yo chamomilla, and I do think it helped, I just gave it to him acutely about 5 times that night. I wonder if I should have kept giving it to him?

I have sometimes wondered that, when I hesitated on giving a remedy, and waited, and then the symptoms passed, I looked back and wondered if they still actually might have needed it. Does that make any sense? Like maybe their body was actually needing that remedy, and still needed it?

Both of them are still coughing some, but no fever. My 4 yo's voice is still raspy, hoarse. FF, you said Chestal came up as a big yes for him, but I wound up not giving it to him, but I wonder if I should still give it to him today? The box says it also breaks up congestion. He just can't blow his nose as well as my 9 yo can, so it seems like there is still a lot of gunk kind of sitting around in there.

Thank you all!
#447 of 1068 Old 12-21-2008, 09:29 PM

My 5 year old and I woke up with sneezy colds, runny noses. He had a sore throat last night. I decided to try out some homeopathy for illness relief. (We have never used homeopathy for an illness. I used Hyland's with no symptom relief in the past. We regularly use a blend for traumatic injury, our "ouchie drops" with great success.) We took Nelson's nat mur remedy, 30c. The plan today was to take it every two hours. The first time I took it I sneezed extra hard a few times. Almost two hours later, I tried some fermented carrots I just finished fermenting. They tasted different from last time so I wasn't sure if they were good/healthy. I then took nat mur again. Soon afterwards I started feeling woozy, "off", headachey, pain behind my eyes, gurgely tummy, and then lots of watery diehrea (I can never remember how to spell that). I took it again two hours later. Again, I felt bad. At this point I wasn't sure if it was the carrots or the remedy. I needed to lie down. All symptoms went away. I started to suspect it was the remedy, and it was time to take it again. This time my symptoms felt less dramatic, head achey, gurgley tummy. We all sat down to dinner. I noticed my son's corn ezcema spots were stronger. Tonight at bath time I saw that he has red ezcema spots in odd places throughout his body: his bottom, inner thighs, a hugh spot on his back that wraps around to his front. He said it is not itchy. We are no longer sneezing, and both of our noses are dry. Although mine is a little swollen feeling.
I would expect such a reaction with a constitutional remedy. I am surprised by this reaction for this remedy. I am pretty sure it is not the carrots. Also, I am surprised that I reacted in ways unrelated to our illness.
Should we keep on taking it?

#448 of 1068 Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 PM

What was the strength of the remedy you took? I am not sure, but I will say that we have just had the "thing that's going around" and it sounds a lot like what you are describing. So some of it may be unrelated to the remedy. I guess his eczema spots being bigger wouldn't necessarily be related to the illness, but the other things you describe could definitely be. Here was the pattern: started with fever that came on suddenly or gradually, cough, clear runny nose, eye pain, headache, achey, flu-like, both boys had diarrhea on the first day of being sick (like completely liquid explosive D), sore throat, uncomfortable sensation around the neck (like he didn't want anything touching his neck), jaw pain, ear pain, probably more that I've missed. These were all things that just sort of came and went over the course of the week.

I will also say that a remedy often does not "abort" the illness. Although I have heard some people say they have had success with oscilloccinum aborting the flu when taken early enough. But, I am pretty sure that FF and uccomama were both talking earlier in this thread about how sometimes when we have these outward signs of being sick, it is the last stage of healing, our bodies are actually healing and cleansing themselves and returning to homeostasis, or whatever. So a remedy might not make an acute illness go away immediately, but if chosen properly, it can help strengthen your body to do its job better/more efficiently, and can provide comfort if one is very miserable, like with a high fever.

I am sorry you guys are sick! We did the warming wet sock treatment, and although I had to force myself to do it (it was just counterintuitive at first to put cold wet socks on my sick child), I believe it really helped. You can read about it here:

http://www.naturalhealthcalifornia.c...0Treatment.htm

Or if you don't want to do that, and you have a fever, you can do the lemon wrap. Do you have fever?

Here's the lemon wrap, scroll about halfway down:

http://www.informedfamilylife.org/20...od_fevers.html
#449 of 1068 Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 AM

thanks for the information momofmine

What you wrote reminded me that I had been struggling for over 3 weeks with a virus that was mostly intestinal. I had queasiness and loose stools, along with other symptoms.
I really think the diarrhea I experienced today was related to the remedy, but I think it was connected to the illness I have been experiencing in the recent past. This virus kept on happening again and again. I would feel better and then a couple of days later feel bad again.

We have done the wet sock treatment. Thank you for reminding me.

I now have a headache that will not go away. I no longer take motrin, but took it regularly for my many stress headaches. I am wondering if that is why I am experiencing them now because of the remedy, or if it is just because.
so interesting

#450 of 1068 Old 12-22-2008, 01:39 AM

Well, I think I would trust my gut then, and if you feel like it's an aggravation, maybe wait before taking it again. I am sure FF will know more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page