anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
i read descriptions on several sites before seeing that link so I guess that gave me a sort of bias towards a few. I'm looking into flowers for a specific purpose. My mood swings this pregnancy are awful! I'm easily irritated by my toddler and have NO patience with her. Every little normal toddler thing she does sets me off. Not the kind of mom I wanna be Impatiens seems like it would be an ideal one for that, wouldn't it?

Positive qualities: Ability to flow harmoniously with time and daily rhythms, patient embrace of life events and the pace of others
Patterns of imbalance: Impatience, irritation, hypertension, intolerance; pain due to tension and resistance in the body

I want to patiently embrace my toddler's pace! And stop being so impatient, irritated, and intolerant of her but the picture reminds me of BUGS! *shiver*

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
My mood swings this pregnancy are awful! I'm easily irritated by my toddler and have NO patience with her. Every little normal toddler thing she does sets me off. Not the kind of mom I wanna be Impatiens seems like it would be an ideal one for that, wouldn't it?
It could be, but there may be a better fit. Just based on the photos, what DID stand out? DON'T read, just feel. Which flowers make you feel calm and lovely just by looking at them?
#483 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 AM

I hope this doesn't come off as un-feeling, but it really helped me with flower essences:

http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/...lowerQuiz.html
#484 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 AM

okay after my last post I went through and wrote down all the ones that appealed to me. I picked about 30. Then read the descriptions and narrowed it down to 10.

borage
easter lil
evening primrose
fairy lantern
hibiscus
holly
mallow
mariposa lily
quince
shooting star

Reading some of those was like I just took a really accurate personality test, heh.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#485 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
okay after my last post I went through and wrote down all the ones that appealed to me. I picked about 30. Then read the descriptions and narrowed it down to 10.

borage
easter lil
evening primrose
fairy lantern
hibiscus
holly
mallow
mariposa lily
quince
shooting star

Reading some of those was like I just took a really accurate personality test, heh.
It looks like you and I have alot in common!

Borage, Evening Primrose, Fairy Lantern, Holly and Shooting Star are bottles I rapid cycle through. Throw some Cherry Plum and Crab Apple in there and I'm good!

I have ALOT of mamas that need Quince and Mariposa Lily. I think Mallow is also really useful....especially for NEW mamas.
#486 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 03:37 PM

So would I want to take ALL of those at once? And.. where would I get these anyway? Can I get them in a custom blend somewhere? Because buying 10 different bottles=$$$$!!!

#487 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

You can take several at the same time, however some people like to start with just one....it's very individualized.

That's a few too many in my opinion to take at once. I like to see the number around 7. Bach himself was known to mix up to 9 at a time. I think 10 *might* be pushing the limit, but if you feel it's right I wouldn't argue.

You can get them custom blended. Feel free to pm me.
#488 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 PM

I'm just dropping in to say I totally "get" the crab apple now. I had the most amazing healing session earlier and I feel the crab apple helped me immensely. (This session was with a different practitioner than the one who recommended the crab apple.) I called the Ayurveda practitioner to thank her for the recommendation, I am sooo grateful and happy! :

I had a little extra time before the session today, so I stopped into the HFS. I walked over to the Bach display, immediately closed my eyes, and felt the urge to step a little to the right, so I did. Then, without opening my eyes, I reached out and touched a bottle and picked it up. It seemed so effortless, so I glanced at the name, held it in my hand, and did it again for a second flower essence. This time was less clear, so then I wondered more about them. I started to read the literature on the display (tabbed book attached to display). Hmmm... not helpful really. An employee came over and asked if I needed help. In the course of our (brief) conversation, I realized she couldn't help me and let her go on her way gracefully. I turned back to the display and suddenly saw a row of more than a dozen random bottles on a little ledge. I automatically started to "fill" the display, but there was only one missing besides the two in my hands. I started reading the ones on the ledge and realized they were in a very random order, so I haphazardly made room for the two in my hands and turned all the bottles around so I could no longer see the labels. I closed my eyes, reached up, and easily and effortlessly picked up the first bottle. It was the same one I had picked up the first time in the display! I decided that was a clear enough sign for me. I did it again and the second bottle was completely new, so I decided just one was enough for now. (Which is really two since I already have the crab apple.)

So, after my session, I felt so great and in awe that I ripped off the safety seal and placed two drops under my tongue right in the car. LOL I am now taking crab apple and hornbeam. I read somewhere on this glorious thread that cherry plum or star of bethlehem is often recommended with certain other flower essences to aid the person taking them. Would any of you wise mamas suggest anything along those lines with the crab apple and hornbeam???

Thanks!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#489 of 1068 Old 01-12-2009, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Not I! Let us know how things progress!
#490 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
Not I! Let us know how things progress!
Thank you!

I definitely have been stepping more and more out of my comfort zone with regards to taking my health into my own (capable) hands. On the bottle of hornbeam, there is a list of three things it helps with. The last one really resonated for me once I read it (not knowing where to start on something BIG...maybe not in those words, however) and the middle one (procrastination) comes up for me routinely, but not daily. The first thing listed (mental weariness) does not resonate for me, which is partially why I started reading the literature and aiming for a more common for me intellectual decision. I am in a procrastinating state right now about something fairly minor in the scheme of life. I hope this is just one minor part of the bigger picture!

My "big" thing is just last night my family was at a fire ceremony with a group where we each did an exercise aimed at releasing old beliefs and embracing a new intention for the new year. My new intention is BIG for me and I have no idea "how" I am going to accomplish it, which was part of the point. The idea is we (humans) don't always need to know the hows in order to accomplish our desires. Talk about a leap of faith.

I do not typically share a lot of what I consider personal information on the MDC boards (my definition is likely to be different than others definitions of "personal" because I am a pretty outgoing person in real life). I really really want my intention to happen, so I am practicing sharing it with others and I am choosing to share it here (first time online) since it is directly related to this thread regarding health and my chosen modalities are spiritual/energy work thus far:

I am so happy and grateful now that I am healthy and fit, weighing 133 pounds and wearing size 8 Eddie Bauer shorts comfortably.

Whew, not so hard (as butterflies fly in a jumbled mass in my stomach). I already own the shorts, so I could be really specific there. LOL As of this morning, I weigh 176 pounds and I have no earthly idea how to actually accomplish my goal. I am fully versed in MANY weightloss techniques (I have read for years) and I "know" all about the basic formula of decreasing caloric intake + increasing caloric output = reduced weight. I have also done this before (not exactly 133, but close enough), which was a huge accomplishment for me and I was thrilled, etc. As far as I can tell, though, this isn't about physical issues such as those. It seems, rather, that it is about deep-seated emotions that I have held onto like a life-preserver and yet was mostly unaware of... I am actively involved with several healers and support groups, whom are all very positive and supportive. DH is supportive and loving. My dad lives really close now and is a completely different story. Can someone really lose 43 pounds in 11.5 months and keep it off forever?????

My actual weight is of less concern to me than my health, so the numbers are simply to have something measurable and accountable, per the exercise, in order to know when my goal has been reached. I am 5'4-1/2" and recall some chart saying this was a good weight and I like the number. Health is my main concern. I am actively releasing old patterns of illness through various methods. (Today's was a guided breathflow session, which involves certain breathing patterns with body mapping and other subtleties. It is kinesthetic and quite powerful for me. My guide is teaching me and I do it more on my own now than with his guidance.) I am surrounding myself with like-minded people and am actively participating in group activities. I am also actively seeking my own spiritual path. Can these spiritual and emotional endeavors really pay off in the physical body???

Somewhere inside of me, I believe all of the above is truly doable. My brain is getting in the way with practicalities and "facts" and other "stuff". It is past my peak time of the day, so I am going to sleep for the night. I would love to discuss these or related topics with anyone willing!

Thank you for reading.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#491 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 AM

It is certainly doable! That is less than four pounds a month. When you look at it that way, it seems very reasonable to me.

I think I must need some hornbeam, I am on the procrastination thing too!
#492 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
I "know" all about the basic formula of decreasing caloric intake + increasing caloric output = reduced weight.
LOVE this post! Just wanted to point out that there are several ways of looking at health and weight and I don't agree with the above statement....maybe that will help a bit! It isn't about calories, it's about nutrients. Your body needs to be nourished and looking at the calories alone will not get you to where you need to be healthfully or comfortably.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing! I love your intention. It goes so well with many ideas I embrace. I tend not to ask for things or pray for things as energetically then you will always be chasing them. Instead I give thanks for what I want knowing that believing I already have it is how I will manifest it.

I love Gregg Braden's take on this. Basically he went with a Native American friend during a drought to perform a rain ceremony. His friend only took a moment and Braden asked how he did it that quickly. The friend told him that he did not pray for rain, for that was acknowledging the fact that they had none. What he did was give thanks for the way the rain felt on his face, and the feeling of his feel sloshing through the mud. This is what would bring the rain. Gratitude.

I think many cultures that still embrace spirituality understand this concept. From a spiritual perspective I know that I enjoy health when I accept where I am and have gratitude for my perfect health. It is then that I am emotionally ready to move into my perfect self. I can release the weight because my self image is not dependent upon the outcome. I love myself and therefore I don't REQUIRE the extra weight as protection.

I have recently gone through a very stressful time and as a result did acquire some extra weight. I know it has served me well, but I also know that I no longer need it. And lo and behold it is disappearing!

So there are many ways to look at this situation, and maybe exploring it more will help you to find a way that is more beneficial for you!
#493 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 PM

Sunny: Thanks so much for sharing! And it is very much possible! I went from 171 (and I'm sure I weighed as much as 185 at some point) down to between 130 and 135 from June to May, I think. It was on Weight Watchers and I did start eating a lot more healthfully, SAD-wise. Due to stress I gained about half of it back starting about 6 months later - not exercising and not eating as well.

PB - Of course, I love listening to everything you say, but I was interested to hear your theory of weight loss. My husband just started a weight-loss challenge at work, but seeing as he relied on me to count his points when we were on WW and he's not in a great place nutritionally, I don't know what will happen. Maybe having money on the line will be a better motivation...it certainly isn't health unfortunately.

I consulted my crystal and Vervain is the only (Bach) essence that will aid him with weight loss. Others will be beneficial to him in general and can be taken in a blend, but the Vervain must be taken by itself. I asked (I thought anyway!) quite a few times in different manners and kept getting to this point. I wouldn't call him overly rigid, but I think he sometimes has an "all or nothing" mentality. Could you share some thoughts on Vervain? Thanks!
#494 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, vervain isn't really rigid, it's very enthusiastic! Once they get into something they are INTO IT. They need everyone to know about it and do the same thing. They are extremely excited about things and try to rally those around them into action. For instance if they lost weight on a diet plan EVEYONE is going to hear about it and get told that it is the BEST way to do thing. *Vine* is rigid. Vervain (in the pattern of imbalance) is exhausting and sometimes annoying.
#495 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeymama View Post

PB - Of course, I love listening to everything you say, but I was interested to hear your theory of weight loss.
There are SO many aspect to it it's hard to reduce it to any one. Basically what I believe is that there is food that is nourishing and food that is damaging. Food that is nourishing supplies the body with a large amount of nutrients, while food that is damaging actually strips the body of it's reserves. Sadly most of the standard American diet is damaging. I do not agree with counting calories as much as I believe it making only beneficial choices which will almost always be lower calorie anyway. IF they are higher calorie they are also supplying good quality fats and possibly micronutrients (like vitamins) as well.

Your body doesn't feel good because of ingestion of calories, it feels good by bolstering it's nutrient stores. So someone eating a 250 calorie meal that consists of a slice of pizza is going to be hungry alot sooner than a person who eats 250 calories of leafy greens, non-sweet fruits (cucumber, red pepper, tomato) avocado and a clean protein source like hard cooked eggs or chicken thighs. The person who ate pizza got carbs fat and protein. There may be some b vitamins in there (enriched flour) and some of the carotenoids in the sauce....but not much else. The person who ate the salad got just an unimaginable amount of nutrients...some we haven't even identified yet!

The physiological reason people overeat is twofold: 1. because they have an unidentified food addiction that drives them to get another fix and 2. because they aren't getting enough nutrition (which should NOT be confused with calories.) You will find that once you eliminate addictions and make choices that deliver the most nutrients per calorie you will not be hungry, you will not be driven to make poor choices and you will regulate to only eating for nourishment (as opposed to stress, anxiety, sadness etc.)

The more nourishment you get the more functional you become and the more you can become clear and focused. Nourishment changes the way your neurological system functions. It changes your moods. It affects your endocrine system. Nourishment allows you to be calm, happy and enjoy life. It is much harder to access spirituality when you are miserable.

There is, of course alot more to it than this...this little blurb doesn't address toxicity, imbalances or existing pathology, but it's the basic idea. Even if you want to count calories you need to make sure you get the biggest bang for your buck within them. Not all calories are created equal! The cleaner you eat the more effort your body can give to repair rather than just playing catch up all the time.
#496 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 PM

I'm hoping you all can help me, or rather my DS. I've been trying to leave him at a gym daycare so I can exercise, and he's having a rough time.

He's 3.5 and I have stayed with him in the daycare for extended periods of time so he can get used to it -- he just doesn't want me to leave.

FWIW he loves playing there. But he's really a mama's boy and he hasn't really stayed with anyone besides me or my DH much.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#497 of 1068 Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, vervain isn't really rigid, it's very enthusiastic! Once they get into something they are INTO IT. They need everyone to know about it and do the same thing. They are extremely excited about things and try to rally those around them into action. For instance if they lost weight on a diet plan EVEYONE is going to hear about it and get told that it is the BEST way to do thing. *Vine* is rigid. Vervain (in the pattern of imbalance) is exhausting and sometimes annoying.
Funny you mention vine. As I was buying the vervain for DH (he definitely sinks himself intensely into hobbies, not enough time in the day for all he wants to do), I had DS (almost 17 months) pick at the essences. He picked walnut and vine. Funny thing is, just last night my mom mentioned how strong-willed DS is! He knows exactly what he wants, but I'm not sure I would call that strong-willed. He's hates not getting what he wants, but he's easily distracted!
#498 of 1068 Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
LOVE this post! Just wanted to point out that there are several ways of looking at health and weight and I don't agree with the above statement....maybe that will help a bit! It isn't about calories, it's about nutrients. Your body needs to be nourished and looking at the calories alone will not get you to where you need to be healthfully or comfortably.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing! I love your intention. It goes so well with many ideas I embrace. I tend not to ask for things or pray for things as energetically then you will always be chasing them. Instead I give thanks for what I want knowing that believing I already have it is how I will manifest it.

I love Gregg Braden's take on this. Basically he went with a Native American friend during a drought to perform a rain ceremony. His friend only took a moment and Braden asked how he did it that quickly. The friend told him that he did not pray for rain, for that was acknowledging the fact that they had none. What he did was give thanks for the way the rain felt on his face, and the feeling of his feel sloshing through the mud. This is what would bring the rain. Gratitude.

I think many cultures that still embrace spirituality understand this concept. From a spiritual perspective I know that I enjoy health when I accept where I am and have gratitude for my perfect health. It is then that I am emotionally ready to move into my perfect self. I can release the weight because my self image is not dependent upon the outcome. I love myself and therefore I don't REQUIRE the extra weight as protection.

I have recently gone through a very stressful time and as a result did acquire some extra weight. I know it has served me well, but I also know that I no longer need it. And lo and behold it is disappearing!

So there are many ways to look at this situation, and maybe exploring it more will help you to find a way that is more beneficial for you!

Thank you sunnysandiegan and PB for bringing this up. I have been feeling a little discouraged tonight, and this resonates with me so much. Instead of begging for what we don't have, exuding gratitude for what will be.
#499 of 1068 Old 01-14-2009, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the support!

DD & I were in the HFS today and they are still having the 25% off sale, so I lifted her up and had her blindly pick a few Bach essences. She is 7, btw. Then, I lined those and a couple more I thought may be useful up on a shelf at her eye level and had her do it again with the labels turned around. Then, she decided she wanted to read them herself. Her random choosing was quite erratic (with one exception), so I thought maybe her way would be best for her. I left her alone to do it while I was a few steps away. She narrowed it down pretty easily to cherry plum, vervain, and mimulus (sp?). Vervain was the one she had chosen several times already and she felt most drawn to it, so I got that one for her. She is SUPER excited quite easily and she feels this week is going to be especially challenging for her due to many fun and exciting activities (according to her). As soon as we got home and unpacked the various purchases from the day, she requested it. We were actually eating dinner since DH had cooked before we got home, so I had her wait a bit. She had flipped out in there somewhere and expressed her frustration and other feelings pretty clearly to us, which is an improvement in this regard. She didn't want to eat dinner, which is highly unusual, because she felt really tired (her word, but I suspect weary may be more accurate) and she wanted to just go to bed. She picked at her dinner and we made alternate arrangements and let her go to bed. I fixed her a small glass of water with 2 drops each of crab apple, hornbeam, and vervain. (She likes them all, she says.) She drank about half of the glass and then took it upstairs with her to drink slowly while she reads in her bed. She came down about a half-hour later for more hugs and kisses and she said she feels much better and calmer and relaxed. Her eyes even appeared less weary. FASCINATING!!!

Here's my question:
Given her age, would she need to take vervain every day for a few days (I'd give it based on her requests...child-led) or longer... OR is it more for specific cases? I guess I am asking if a child her age (7) is best treated acutely at her request (and/or parental observation) or chronically for whatever timeframe she deems appropriate. The over-enthusiastic behavior and subsequent difficulty in relaxing has been a common pattern for her entire life and she comes by it "naturally" through my side of the family. (My dad has it STRONG in all the annoying ways presented above. LOL I have it in a more moderate sense and most people find my enthusiasm endearing. DH only takes issue when I focus so intensely on one thing that I "forget" every other responsibility.)

On another note, I agree with you, Panserjborne, on the "formula" I stated above. Calories are just one piece of the puzzle and I am not inclined to put much emphasis on them. Nutrients make a LOT more sense to me. I feel like a fish swimming upstream in our current society. So many people are low cal, low fat, low carb, or whatever and hardly anyone is nutrient-rich. I have been actively seeking (dare I say attracting? ) acquaintances and friends who are more interested in nutrients and it is working! I am learning so much and I like this atmosphere so much better.

To add to my story above, I had gone from the high 180s to the low 140s in an 18-month period a few years ago. It was not "effortless", but there was some sort of "click" for me and I was able to simply eat healthy with my own plan/guidelines I had put together from years of reading. I was headed further down the scale, too, when my dad moved to town. And not just "to town". He lives two minutes away by foot. Slowly, but surely, the weight crept back on over the last two years. Clearly, I had more healing to do on a deeper level than I had resolved in my past healing work. I didn't even realize I had more work to do, though, for awhile. The scale was an effective wake-up call in a different sense than how most people describe it. I hadn't really changed much of my eating or exercising habits that had been serving me so well, so it took me awhile to really put two and two together. Once I did, though, watch out! I dove in headfirst since I really want to put all this behind me and have the life I deserve.

It seems like such a BIG task this time around for many reasons. Especially, though, because it seems like a switch flipped inside me last time and I didn't really need to "do" anything (on an intellectual level). I just did things very differently than I had before and I was ready for those changes then whereas I had not been ready in the past despite having the same knowledge I had learned over a course of time prior to acting on it. Gee, I hope I am making some sense here. It feels so much more complicated this time... The switch feels stuck. My brain feels inundated. I feel intimidated by my hyper critical father and he is literally in my face FREQUENTLY. I feel supported by greater numbers of people (100 or 1000 fold, depending on if I count online friends), but his influence outweighs them all. I have been gaining inner peace and strength and releasing lots of old "stuff" for five intense months preceded by 12 moderate months. After 17 months, I am curious when the "seed" is going to "sprout". Ultimately, I feel patient and am willing to do all the "work" required of me for lasting inner peace...even while my desire is STRONG. This strong desire is what prompted my intention. Aligning myself a little quicker perhaps???

Pardon my rambling, please. I am very excited to feel so welcome here! And I am quite sleepy. LOL Rambling seems to be the result of that particular combination...

#500 of 1068 Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Hi again,

I didn't remember the names, but I have watched You Can Heal Your Life several times recently and I really liked the scene you mentioned. It may be referenced in his own works, too, of course. I have not read his work.

Gratitude is a wonderful topic! I have practiced it in small ways my whole life. I really "got it" about two years ago, though, when I attended an evening seminar with James Arthur Ray. There are many people/coaches/gurus/etc all basically saying the same thing, especially right now. Something about James Ray really resonates with me. I had seen The Secret and I loved the whole movie. James Ray really stood out for me and I sought him out, only to discover he lives really close to me! LOL He travels so often, though, I was fortunate to find a local seminar. I invited my dad and he went with me. It was nice. I then invited my DH to attend a weekend workshop and he accepted. That was even nicer. Gratitude is one of James' KEY topics. It permeates everything he teaches and he exudes it in person, IMO. That really hit home for me and I stepped up my own gratitude practices. I really love how the universe works! When I make a point of thanking others or, as PB mentioned above, showing gratitude for what I want as if it has already occurred, I feel better about myself and others. It's magic.

#501 of 1068 Old 01-14-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Big fan of James Ray here too! And yes, gratitude is HUGE. There are so many people out there with this message. I have a embarrassing number of books in my home (I'm a reader!) and I have accumulated so many on this subject. It's one of my favorites. I love the idea. I spend a good amount of time expressing gratitude for so many things...but I never EVER forget to be in gratitude for where I am right now. Even if it's not *comfortable* it's got a purpose. I get the most mileage there. If I can be in gratitude for where I am at all times it's GREAT practice for holding that space for what will be.
#502 of 1068 Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
Here's my question:
Given her age, would she need to take vervain every day for a few days (I'd give it based on her requests...child-led) or longer... OR is it more for specific cases? I guess I am asking if a child her age (7) is best treated acutely at her request (and/or parental observation) or chronically for whatever timeframe she deems appropriate. The over-enthusiastic behavior and subsequent difficulty in relaxing has been a common pattern for her entire life and she comes by it "naturally" through my side of the family. (My dad has it STRONG in all the annoying ways presented above. LOL I have it in a more moderate sense and most people find my enthusiasm endearing. DH only takes issue when I focus so intensely on one thing that I "forget" every other responsibility.)

From what you say it sounds like it's more a part of her basic constitution and I would absolutely allow it daily....as often as she asked for it. In fact what I would personally do is make her a bottle (just get a tincture bottle with a dropper) and fill it with water and whatever essences applied. I would just give it to her and let her be in control. I dont' think parental supervision is necessary. She will be drawn to what she needs and this is a great time to start teaching her to trust and listen to her intuition.

Make sure you take some too!

My kids have gotten FE's from birth. My four year old has her blend in her purse. She tells me when she needs more. She will often go a month without wanting any, but then I'll make her a blend and she'll go through the entire bottle in a day. You can't take too much....it's fine.

My ds2 has been super crabby and asked for a blend a few days a go. I don't let him carry it around (it's glass and he's 2) but we put it where he can reach it and he lets me know when he needs more.

Have fun with this. There are no contraindications and no way you can overdo it. What I find is that when you no longer need it you naturally back off. Even if you didn't it would be fine!
#503 of 1068 Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
From what you say it sounds like it's more a part of her basic constitution and I would absolutely allow it daily....as often as she asked for it. In fact what I would personally do is make her a bottle (just get a tincture bottle with a dropper) and fill it with water and whatever essences applied. I would just give it to her and let her be in control. I dont' think parental supervision is necessary. She will be drawn to what she needs and this is a great time to start teaching her to trust and listen to her intuition.

Make sure you take some too!

My kids have gotten FE's from birth. My four year old has her blend in her purse. She tells me when she needs more. She will often go a month without wanting any, but then I'll make her a blend and she'll go through the entire bottle in a day. You can't take too much....it's fine.

My ds2 has been super crabby and asked for a blend a few days a go. I don't let him carry it around (it's glass and he's 2) but we put it where he can reach it and he lets me know when he needs more.

Have fun with this. There are no contraindications and no way you can overdo it. What I find is that when you no longer need it you naturally back off. Even if you didn't it would be fine!
Thank you! I was wondering if she could just take it whenever SHE felt the need. I like that idea a lot. I have a dark glass bottle with a dropper-style top. It is bigger than the Bach bottles the original FEs come in, but that may be even easier for her. I got it on a whim a month or so ago and haven't used it, yet...

Another question or two...
Sometimes she wants all three essences I currently own, so I give them to her. Sometimes she wants one or two, so I give those to her. Shall I assist her in mixing up her own blend today and then also let her know she can take a single FE whenever she wishes? We have them on the kitchen table, so I remember to take mine. She can easily reach them and I could just ask her to put any single FEs into water versus directly in her mouth. She can do whatever she wishes with her special blend.

Also, she has been on Winter Break from school (4-1/2 weeks total), which we LOVE , and is headed back to school next week mid-week. Do you have any thoughts for taking her blend to school? I was thinking perhaps she could choose to put drops in her water bottle for the (school) day and then take more, if she chooses, when she gets home. Do you have any other ideas?

I appreciate your assistance.

#504 of 1068 Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Big fan of James Ray here too! And yes, gratitude is HUGE. There are so many people out there with this message. I have a embarrassing number of books in my home (I'm a reader!) and I have accumulated so many on this subject. It's one of my favorites. I love the idea. I spend a good amount of time expressing gratitude for so many things...but I never EVER forget to be in gratitude for where I am right now. Even if it's not *comfortable* it's got a purpose. I get the most mileage there. If I can be in gratitude for where I am at all times it's GREAT practice for holding that space for what will be.
Oh, yes! : Expressing gratitude right here, right now for the present is a tad more challenging for me at times. I believe in the concept and I am transitioning to the practice more and more. It is very exciting for me!

#505 of 1068 Old 01-18-2009, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I ask a bit about miasms? Got to a really interesting article:

http://www.ginatyler.com/information.html#miasms

And between that and an old link from Panserbjorne (which I'm having trouble finding now) I'm trying to put together the miasmic picture throughout the generations of my family. Especially with the descriptions in the article above, it seems like I can pick at least some things from most, maybe all, of the miasms. Is that how we have miasmic layers? I say layers not because it's necessarily a sequential, orderly thing (maybe it is?) but because some of these seem much closer, overall, than others. Most of us do have multiple miasms, yes? Could someone theoretically get rid of all their miasms? I think I can see a basic, fundamental miasm for both myself and my husband--could that go away? Would we want it to? It seems like it may be closely related to why we are the way we are, and mostly we're pretty happy with our differences.

And the article about epigenetics that PB linked a bit ago (really wish Part 2 were done, I couldn't find it so I'm assuming it's not published yet)
http://www.hpathy.com/research/bhati...pigenetics.asp

really brings up some interesting things for me. For example, nosebleeds (epistaxis) are mentioned as a sign of the tubercular miasm, and they run in my family (could we have childhood nosebleeds through at least 4 generations and not have it be related to the tubercular miasm?). Can that be modified, either minimized or eliminated, in future generations with homeopathy now? I had a hard time wrapping my head around the epigenetics discussion because I am having a hard time differentiating between what can be affected and what cannot. And then the difference between what needs to be affected pre-conception (and what's already determined years ago) and what can be modified during pregnancy and during our lives. :

And on another note--love the discussion of gratitude and feeling good with where we are. My husband and I have made a lot of progress this fall/winter on that front, and it's part of really changing the energy in our house. It's a very good thing. : I don't have any books on the topic--can anyone share one (or several) that have been particularly inspirational?
#506 of 1068 Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

GREAT questions! At this time it is believed by many (if not all) that we all have touches of all the miasms....it's just what it dominant that is the issue.

You can get rid of all but psora, which everyone will always carry. It does not however need to be active. A dormant psoric miasm is a good thing.

You CAN eliminate them from being passed on, this is the objective of homeopathy. However BOTH parents need to be treated.

Yes, nosebleeds CAN be something other than tubercular, that is why you take the case. If it a result of high prothrombin time and each time it happens the patient runs the risk of bleeding out and they still engage in risky behavior I would call that syphilitic. It is easy to put certain things in miasms....but what matters is the context.

For instance when you have a colicy baby (food allergies!)...you *could* say that "colic" belongs predominantly to the syphilitic miasm...however you have to examine how the child behaves. A psoric baby will scream until they are carried. A sycotic baby will scream unless they are being bounced. A syphilitic baby will not be consoled. It's not enough to know the symptom, but how the individual reacts.

It is interesting to note that the most difficult pregnancies are when mama and baby's miasms are not compatible. I have two sycotic children and one syphilitic. I am predominantly psoric, with a touch of sycotic. My most difficult pregnancy by FAR was my syphilitic child. Psora and syphilitic are a tough combination...though had *I* been the syphilitic one and she was the psoric one it wouldn't have been nearly as hard. I know...too much info. I can't stop blathering!

Some think of it as stripping, some think of it as clearing. Some believe it's sequential. Some do not. There are many prescribers (Gina being one of them) that believe whatever remedy you select has to exist in the realm of the patients presenting miasm. I agree. There are remedies that exist in several miasms, but many that are very strongly in one and only slightly in others.

Henny Heudans Mast says that you take the case and if the patient is 65% psoric, 20% sycotic and 15% syphilitic then you have to find a remedy that is the same (65/20/15.) This is no easy task, but it can absolutely change the way you practice.

So even if you have "things" from multiple miasms....those "things" can cross the barriers and actually all exist in one. However it is possible that you are presenting with several at once.

HTH and I didn't lose you! This is my favorite part of homeopathy! And I think of it this way.....the miasms by and large are what are responsible for epigenetics. You can change SO much!

As far as books specifically on gratitude....Louise Hay, James Ray, Wayne Dyer, Esther Hicks...there are SO many! Most of them write about creating your life WITH gratitude. Using gratitude every chance you get. I also LOVE Florence Scovel Shinn. It has alot of religion in there (it was written in the 30's and she was very religious!) but I just think the messages are brilliant.
#507 of 1068 Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Subbing.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#508 of 1068 Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 PM

I am enjoying the focus on gratitude. There was a year in my life in college where I focused much of my attention on gratitude of daily things. It was a traditional religious focus for me then, less so now.

Since then I haven't focused very much on gratitude but have found being in the present moment really helps with joy and gratitude and truth. Everyday Blessings: the inner work of mindful parenting by Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn, really blew me away. Gentle, AP parenting was not new to me at all, but being in the moment, being mindful was powerful to me. I use it frequently, including meditating. It has enriched my life enormously.

I want to focus more on gratitude in my life. I have to say that flower essences have really helped me get there. I am much more at peace. There is much more to work on, but now that I don't feel desperate, the work is fun, like a puzzle - at least when I remember to stay in the moment.

thanks everyone.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#509 of 1068 Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 AM

Homeopathy has invaded my world! While trying to address some eczema that has popped up in DS (long history of such, long story and I already write books as it is!), my crystal told me to give him homeopathic sulphur. I had thought sulphur might benefit him ages ago, but never got around to it, one reason being I didn't want to self-prescribe. While not in a fit of desperation, I guess this just felt really right and so I bought some Boiron (sp) 6C (per the crystal) at the local hfs evening before last. I gave him 2 pellets before bed, then 2 pellets 3 times yesterday (per my crystal, of course! ). Can anyone (PB?) tell me, what, if anything, may be happening? He fits the sulphur profile, but the crystal says it is not his constitutional remedy. His arm was really inflamed and he was very itchy today, more so than he has been in a while. Related?

In further consultation with my crystal, it says I should take ipecacuanha and I should give DS puls for his cough (also says to use the vaporizer and accupressure). He fits the profile for acute puls and I am baffled by the ipecacuanha for myself. I have not consulted about dosage yet.

Finally, let me say I am not generally a self-prescriber and have toyed with the idea of seeing a CH and had not ever really considered using homeopathy acutely. That said, I've feeling a huge urge to listen to/trust the crystal/myself. Just wanted to get opinions from people who actually know homeopathy. Am I crazy? Thanks!
#510 of 1068 Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Is this a good thread to ask about essence recommendations still? I need to do something both for me and DD1, I'm afraid things just aren't getting better.

DD1 is acting out horribly since DD2 was born. She was acting out before, just being 2 and I attributed this to her being 2. But since DD2 was born, she's been more destructive than ever before. She's eating poorly and wants to nurse all the time. All pretty normal for her situation I suppose, but I'd like something to help it all. Walnut perhaps?

In some ways RR fits what I need really well - I'm somewhat numb since DD2 was born, I'm afraid of hurting DD1 in a moment of rage when she does yet another destructive or hurtful thing, I wish I could give more attention to both the girls - I feel DD1 needs more and she'll act out less and DD2 needs to nurse more so she can grow.

Also, where's the best place to apply these externally? Ingesting them is problematic because of their alcohol content.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page