anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  13  ... Last
Spirituality > anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread?
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 08:33 PM 01-10-2008
What are his symptoms? I would always dose with arnica in that case...every half hour for six doses.

If you only have RR that would be fine for the shock and trauma.

I would use tissue salts for that as well. Different salts based on the symptoms. IF there's inflammation though ferrum phos is a safe bet.

If inflammation is there then a castor oil pack would be a great idea too.

IF there is a fracture there is a whole other protocol with both homeopathy and tissue salts.

If it was my kid I'd bring him for network chiro or CST.

MissSJ's Avatar MissSJ 09:32 PM 01-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
What are his symptoms? I would always dose with arnica in that case...every half hour for six doses.

If you only have RR that would be fine for the shock and trauma.

I would use tissue salts for that as well. Different salts based on the symptoms. IF there's inflammation though ferrum phos is a safe bet.

If inflammation is there then a castor oil pack would be a great idea too.

IF there is a fracture there is a whole other protocol with both homeopathy and tissue salts.

If it was my kid I'd bring him for network chiro or CST.
Well it happened around 8:30 and I did dose him twice with arnica. He has been sleeping for a while so I don't know how he'll be when he wakes up. They aren't sure if it is fractured so we are going to a pediatric orthopaedist tomorrow morning. His arm is wrapped so I can't look at it to see what it looks like.

What is network chiro? Is that just normal chiro care? I did call our chiro but they aren't open until tomorrow.

CST, is that cranial sacral therapy? Can you tell me more about it? I've been thinking of looking into it more because I think he has some birth trauma. During labor he was in an asynclitic position (held tilted - ear toward shoulder). I was completely dilated for a while and never felt the urge to push. I just decided to push him out with my contractions and it took a long time and was difficult. Anyways, he does not like to feel confined not even with blankets sometimes. It seems kind of extreme to me and sometimes I wonder if it is birth trauma from being stuck (it seemed that way) in the birth canal. One of his eyes is noticeably smaller than the other and I learned from another mama here (who also had an asynclitic baby that has one eye smaller) that sometimes that is caused during birth and CST or chiro can help with that. Wow, I feel like I am rambling on here I hope I made sense!

SJ
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 11:20 PM 01-10-2008

Ah, yes. My third was posterior and acynclitic. No fun. I labored for 20+ hours and he WOULD NOT TURN. Our craniosacral therapist and network chiro came to my house and worked on my for 6 hours, got him turned, and out he came. But he was SQUISHED! He got worked on from the moment he was born. IT only took about a month of three times a week and you couldn't tell anything. It's fantastic, really. All of my kids have had CST from birth. IT has helped in SO many ways. It widened ds1's palate, took care of reflux for all three, helped with molding....and so much more.

Network chiropractic is like a homeopathic version of osteo-release. It respects the body's innate wisdom and through gentle suggestion allows a shift. It's very gentle and VERY effective. I'll occasionally do osteo-release, but I LOVE network.

http://www.associationfornetworkcare...hatisnsa.shtml
http://www.networkspinal.com/about_network1.cfm

Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 11:26 PM 01-10-2008
craniosacral therapy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosacral_therapy
http://www.craniosacraltherapy.org/

The only thing I will say is to get a referral or find someone who specializes. Chiropractors, physical therapists and really ANY bodyworker can take a weekend course and say they do CST. It is a world of difference. Someone who specializes can do truly amazing things. I hope you do find someone. It's a truly wonderful experience.
indigenousmama's Avatar indigenousmama 02:26 AM 01-11-2008
hey firefaery, this is a bit off-topic, but do you think CST would help someone who has arthritis?

my SO has arthritis which i believe stems from stress that he has held onto. good news is that the docs are saying it is not chronic, but he continues to suffer through pain daily. i'm giving him the flower remedies Rock Water, Willow and Vine. i feel those essences best suit his emotional state right now. he only started taking them yesterday so we'll see if they are right for him. i'm also giving him hands on healing almost every day which does bring him some relief but never lasts. so, i'm just wondering if CST might be helpful?
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 10:18 AM 01-11-2008
Okay-those are some pretty intense choices. I would include star of bethlehem in there. That can be a pretty tough thing to move through and star provides comfort. I would also add cherry plum if you can so he doesn't feel too out of control.

I believe that CST is always helpful. If the trauma is that deep it may take some time, but it should bring relief.

Question: are you certain it's arthritis? I only ask because there are many things that can produce pain in the joints. Honestly the label doesn't matter that much because no matter what you call it he is still suffering. I believe we should always address things as a whole and as deeply as possible.

Regardless some dietary modifications can also bring comfort as you strip the layers and seek healing on a deeper level. If he's willing to stay away from foods that exacerbate an inflammatory response he might feel a whole lot better quickly.
quelindo's Avatar quelindo 12:01 PM 01-11-2008
Quote:
Regardless some dietary modifications can also bring comfort as you strip the layers and seek healing on a deeper level. If he's willing to stay away from foods that exacerbate an inflammatory response he might feel a whole lot better quickly.
I second this. I was experiencing arthritis-like symptoms and they went away when I cut out grains (particularly gluten) and sugar.
indigenousmama's Avatar indigenousmama 11:42 PM 01-11-2008
yes, we're sure that it is arthritis.

and yes the choices are intense but i feel that his physical pain is forcing him to access some old and deep childhood emotions and he has such strong resistance to that which results in a lot of other tough emotions to deal with now. star of bethlehem is a good idea since one of his issues that is coming up for him is not feeling supported.

we're also looking into dietary changes to help manage the inflammation and pain.
quelindo's Avatar quelindo 01:54 AM 01-13-2008
I've been taking the essences you recommended, FF, along with the Impatiens. I do feel more level and mellow, but part of that may be just my trying to be more aware of my mood and how it could potentially affect other people if I let it. But then again maybe it's the essences allowing me the space to do that.

I have another "case" for you if you're up for it. It's for my DH. He's struggling right now with his job...he's just not happy. He's an engineer and he used to be excited to go back to work on Mondays so he could work on his current design. But a few years ago he was promoted to supervisor (because he has excellent communication, organization, and people skills) and although he's great at it, it's not really what he wants to be doing. Or maybe it is, but the company is just too disorganized and taking on too much for work to be fun anymore. He's thinking about a job change as a long-term goal (he also loves music production and would LOVE to be able to do that full-time, but we're not in an area that's a hotbed for music producers). And he's thought about teaching, too.

Anyway, he's in a state of flux right now and he's struggling to figure out what to do. Any ideas for what might help?
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 02:07 AM 01-13-2008
Wild Oat-for discovering one's life's purpose, Walnut for transition. Possibly Elm if he's feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities (keeping family afloat, keeping others happy etc.) Honeysuckle if he's overly wistful about the past and wishing he could go back. Hornbeam might be indicated too. It's the monday morning exhaustion that clears once something exciting comes up. IF he is overwhelmed/exhausted but gets fired up at ideas this would be a good one.

HTH!
quelindo's Avatar quelindo 07:47 PM 01-13-2008
FF, I printed out your post and had my DH read it. He replied:

Wild Oat: Yes. Perhaps I'm already there but don't realize it.
Walnut: Yes. Desire to transition to life's purpose.
Elm: Yes. Feeling overwhelmed at work, but not really by life. It seems there's so much to do at work that success is not possible -- only failure management.
Honeysuckle: I long to be happy in my work, but not necessarily for the past.
Hornbeam: Going to work every day feels pretty bad. However, the things that have excited me in the past continue to excite me. Some things are work can still actually do this. My feelings "turn on a dime" in these instances.

Just thought I'd let you know his response in case there is any "tweaking" to do. I really appreciate you taking the time to help us out!
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 11:22 PM 01-13-2008
That being the case I'd skip the honeysuckle, but do the hornbeam. Those were my quick little synopses and I still thing hornbeam sounds good.

Did he have hope that was frequently dashed that things will get better so he is now skeptical and resigned? (Gentian) Or has he given up that anything will ever be good again? (Gorse)

Does he ever feel like he's not good enough? Like he gets things wrong all the time? Does he have the thoughts that go round and round in his head? Is there a sense of depression at all? Is he resentful of people there, or of his position?

I'd say that you are doing great, by the way. The flowers do expand you in the way. I'm glad you are seeing progress!
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 11:25 PM 01-13-2008
Oh-and on the Wild Oat...it helps you chose your correct path, so if he's thinking about several options this is a great one. If he's back and forth between just two options and makes his mind up only to later change it, then it's Scleranthus.
superstella's Avatar superstella 02:44 PM 01-14-2008
I must need some Wild Oat too, I can't make up my mind. I'm waiting for some books to come in via mail and library and reading about environmental hazards in the meantime.

Are there good websites out there for information and reading? It's easier to read online when the baby is nursing; otherwise, I prefer to have a book in hand!

I'm having some pretty intense thoughts this morning, but I lack the words to communicate what I'm feeling/thinking. I've been thinking/pondering this thread and the ideas of health and wellness all weekend, and I'm wondering if perhaps the energy involved with these remedies allow one to become mindful of his/her current state of being. Like New Mama said she didn't know if the remedies were helping or if just being aware of her state of mind and reactions to her environment were making a difference. perhaps the remedies allow one to acknowledge certain mind/body/spiritual or environmental factors and become mindful of one's reaction to said stimuli.

I don't know if I'm making much sense, as I was up half the night with a teething baby and today is really NOT a good day for me (breathing-wise). But these are some thoughts I had overnight, and I wanted to get them out there for feedback before I lost it.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 03:19 PM 01-14-2008
Superstella, a teething baby will benefit greatly from walnut. Are you doing anything else to ease your little one's pain? Essential oils or homeopathy?

For you, have you thought about MSM as a supplement? That, chlorophyll and liquid oxygen comes up pretty strongly as things that might be beneficial to you.

On the energy aspect...the flowers are meant to realign you with your true self and the universe. In the journey (sometimes slow, sometimes fast) you will become more aware and clear. You be able to come from a place that is less reactionary-more aware of your feelings as well as the feelings of others. The idea is that ALL the flowers bring you to a place ultimately where you see the virtue in everyone and everything.

When you come to this place you are whole. You can help yourself and others. You make quick decisions that are beneficial to everyone. You respect others, love others and in every action always come from the "right place" if that makes sense.

I think new mama is on the path to discovering this. A good question to ponder is did you have the capacity before the flowers? Would that thought have even entered your mind? IF it did, were you able to access it on a visceral level?

I'd love to hear you talk more about your thoughts and feelings once you are ready!
WildNettle's Avatar WildNettle 04:56 PM 01-21-2008
just found this thread, and am excited to see it! i am a student herbalist, and am just now beginning to delve into flower essences more. for the past several years of my herbal studies i have been focusing on traditional western herbalism and ayurveda, and have been somewhat discouraged to find that so many folks use plant medicine in much the same way as allopathic...just take this or that and wa-la, we will be better, without focusing on the importance of the role of spirit in health.
i don't know much about flower essences yet, but i love them already. i generally dowse for essences, and i wonder what you all think of that? rather than reading the descriptions beforehand, i simply take out my boxes of essences and my pendulum and go that route. sometimes the results seem a little off, but other times i am really amazed at how appropriate it is!
also, do you all only use bach essences? why or why not? i have some bach essences, but the ones i have been using of late are made by a fellow herbalist, kate gilday at woodland essence (woodlandessence.com). i have her chakra set, forest floor set, and tree flower set.

babe needs attention......!
Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 05:24 PM 01-21-2008
My DH's company produces over 1500 different essences and here are his recommendations for selecting an essence (mods I have permission to post this in full):

Quote:
General Suggestions for Using Elixirs
Remember the following thoughts about vibrational remedies.
#1 Intentionality is always a key to greater success.
Be sure to set your program (through visualization, affirmation, or prayer). This is best done prior to taking the elixir or while it stays in your mouth or hands for a few moments.
#2 Remain conscious of your experience.
Thoughts, feelings or realizations may come to the surface of your consciousness as part of the awakening, healing, or transformational process. Do not ignore them, as it is important to process all of these revelations to successfully transit into a more balanced and healthy reality.
#3 Always reach out for help.
It is a Universal Law that whenever you ask for help of a more integrated being that they will give it. This is the basis of the power of prayer. So, for better understanding of your personal process, you can always ask your guides for greater clarity and assistance. You can reach out to the Angelic Kingdom for help.
There are special Angels for assisting with automobiles, airplanes, healing, and many other activities. It is always wise to ask for their participation.
When taking various remedies, one can always turn to particular Devas of flowers or stones to assist you. While using Starlight Elixirs there are many multi-dimensional beings with a benevolent or loving disposition towards Humanity, who are available to assist, even in a way that might be considered miraculous.
#4 Enjoy the journey.
There are times that the awakening or healing process can be joyful, thought-provoking or even shocking. If you feel the need to become detached, do so.
The key to the Alivement process is the willingness to look at some deeply buried emotions or thoughts that will allow them to surface and be transmuted. By removing these submerged thoughts and feelings, there is no need for them to physicalize into disease, drama, financial distress, or emotional imbalance.
This is the reason for using vibrational healing, which, as the ultimate preventative medicine, diminishes the need to create the illness in order to receive self-awareness.
As part of the healing process, there may be some slight cleansing reactions. These can be in the form of dark thoughts and emotions surfacing, disturbed sleep, tiredness, anxiety, skin or excretory discharge, even excess energy.
Some things to pay attention to are the reflections appearing in your life. New people or situations may appear in order to speed up your process of self-realization. Pay close attention to all change in "normal" life patterns, for this may be your guides' (Higher Self's) way of showing you the inner truth of what it is that you need to understand.
#5 You are never alone.
Each one of us has a rich following of beings from other lifetimes, guides or members of our Soul Family who are totally prepared to support us through our journeys with great love and patience.

Specific Suggestions for Using Elixirs
Always listen to your inner voice for guidance. Keep an open mind and don't limit yourself to the uses listed here and in books.
Use these essences and elixirs with a sense of love, joy, and delight.
Selecting the proper vibrational remedy can be based on:
•the list of potential effects in the (company name) materials
•techniques such as using a pendulum, muscle testing, or the "Divine Lottery" (putting the bottles in a bag and reaching in to pick one)
Again, always listen to your inner voice for guidance. Keep an open mind and don't limit yourself to the uses listed here and in books.
Use these essences and elixirs with a sense of love, joy, and delight.
Selecting the proper vibrational remedy can be based on:
•the list of potential effects in the (company name) materials.
•techniques such as using a pendulum, muscle testing, or the "Divine Lottery" (putting the bottles in a bag and reaching in to pick one)
Always follow your intuition and higher guidance when choosing which of these methods to use and develop your own practices.
Cautions — Keep bottles away from televisions, microwave ovens, and other sources of radiation. Store them in a cool, dry space.
Preparation — Being in a relaxed and receptive state is very important. Take a few deep breaths. Relax the muscles of the face, jaw, and throat.
Visualization — Using visualization techniques and/or affirmations helps to empower what you wish to accomplish. See, feel, and imagine the essence or elixir at work. Visualize the color and shape of the gem or flower.
Timing — One may start a regimen of using elixirs for two weeks, then stop for three days to assimilate the energies, and continue for another week or two.
Activation — Shaking the bottle vigorously activates the essence or elixir.
Multiple Elixirs — You may use more than one essence at a time. Flower Essences, Starlight, Element, and Gem Elixirs work well together.
Drops — Three to seven drops may be placed under the tongue, directly from the stock bottle.
Fluids — Three to seven drops may be placed into a glass of liquid and sipped. Pure water, and/or alcohol may be used.
Frequency — Drops are generally taken three to four times a day. They may be taken more often if this feels appropriate.
Meals — Essences and elixirs work best if they are not taken immediately before or after eating. It may be best to allow at least one-half hour before or after meals.
Bathing — Three to seven drops may be placed into a tub of bath water. Immerse yourself and relax. If you are using Starlight elixirs, bathe in darkness.
Bodywork — Essences or elixirs may be applied externally to the body. Bodyworkers may find that this will accelerate their client's rebalancing process.
Environment Use — Essences may also be used in a vaporizer or diffuser to enhance the environment.
Other Uses — Flower Essences and Gem Elixirs can be used in cooking, laundry, and cleaning.
I hope this is helpful.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 06:39 PM 01-21-2008
I have used her chakra set. I got it at the Women's Herbal Conference one year. It was great. I use predominately Bach flowers because I have a great feeling about them. I do have other sets, they just don't get as much play. I think it's because I love Bach himself so much.

I think dowsing is a fine method to select with! I have a friend who lets her kids pick-and they are always right. My kids are pretty good too. I have feelings about them, and I can almost always tell within minutes of meeting someone what flowers they need. I see more than feel if that makes sense.

In general since they are an energetic modality, it seems fitting that you use an energetic approach to selection!
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 06:44 PM 01-21-2008
Thank you, uccomama. That was lovely and helpful. Sigh. Have I mentioned how drawn I am to the starlight essences?

Perhaps if you are comfortable you could link to your dh's site? Especially for those just getting into this.
Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 08:05 PM 01-21-2008
I am happy to post a link, hopefully it won't be considered spam though. Pegasus Products. I love the stars too, I am currently taking Betelgeuse (fears eased) and Mira (patience)
superstella's Avatar superstella 11:06 PM 01-21-2008
Please explain starlight essences? How are they different?

I'll have to agree with firefaery on this:
Quote:
In general since they are an energetic modality, it seems fitting that you use an energetic approach to selection

Mirzam's Avatar Mirzam 11:32 PM 01-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
Please explain starlight essences? How are they different?
Starlight elixirs
AntoninBeGonin's Avatar AntoninBeGonin 01:41 AM 01-29-2008
Hi! Such an interesting thread. I read to post 37 and have it bookmarked to read the rest later . I found it by searching "impatiens". I'm trying to find a Bach flower remedy that will work for me. Or a combination. I have a short attention span, I get moody, very easily distracted, and I ignore other people more than I should.

Is there anything that can help me with that? I can give more info if you need it.

It occured to me that I should define moody: I feel angry, but not a focused anger just a general "cloud" of anger and I want to scream and strike out with my hands and make everything go away. Not constantly, but when I do feel like that I'll feel like that for days on end, then I'm fine again.

Thanks!
momofmine's Avatar momofmine 02:21 AM 02-04-2008
I don't mean to sidetrack the thread elsewhere, after talking about flower essences, but I wanted to also chime in about homeopathy. I really believe in natural healing methods, but have found myself really struggling this past week with feeling "scared" by what mainstream and conventional medicine tells us. My kids both had strep throat, the younger one had scarlet fever, and the older one had the same strain, I am sure, but he didn't get a rash, though maybe slightly on his back. I did homeopathy with my younger one, over the phone with a homeopath who is also an MD. He is a very good homeopath, but he is also very much a "doctor", like, do this, do what I tell you, don't question me. So although he is great at what he does, it is hard to get that level of healing and reassurance from him. I feel intimidated to question him.

I found myself questioning and doubting myself all week, and searching for answers outside of myself, looking for the "right" answer.

Do those of you who do homeopathy, do you do it yourself, with just some books, or do you use a professional homeopath?

ETA: I meant to say I found myself scared about the opposing views between conventional and alternative medicine (I said mainstream and conventional above, my mistake). Meaning, I was having a hard time knowing what to believe.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 03:15 AM 02-04-2008
I do have a homeopath and have for over a decade. I am far more self reliant now, but it's good to know he's there

From an energetic perspective it seems like your main issue here (and perhaps the reason things manifested in this way) is that you aren't feeling empowered. You have a doc that you don't feel you can question, and you are saying you are looking outside yourself for answers. Perhaps that is what this experience is meant to bring you. Perhaps it is pushing you to reclaim your innate wisdom. Maybe this is your opportunity to grow.

It is never a healthy thing to make a decision from a place of fear. That will never be in alignment with your true self. The fact that you are feeling like there is a discrepancy between natural healing and allopathy and fear is the result is also something that should be addressed. IT's fine to have discomfort when you are dealing with another's health-that's normal. However I try quite hard to be very committed to my chosen path. I feel that if I have that fear then it is easier for things to go wrong to validate that fear...does that make sense? Make a decision and go with it until you are shown that you need to change course. Even then all that means is tat you might have to try something new-not necessarily modern medicine!

I know that is easy for *me* to say because I have no doubts. But I think one of the reasons I have no doubts is that I trust we aren't given any challenges without being given the tools with which to address them. Intuitively it only makes sense to support our bodies through sickness instead of suppressing the symptoms. I have greater fear about what happens when you do that than I ever could about letting myself or my kids ride it out. That is the natural way to deal with it in my mind.

My very helpful advice is that this is more about your experience than it is theirs-for what that's worth! Make sure you are helping them through this with affirmations. Trust their bodies. Nourish them. Allow them to experience healing and gain trust in their own bodies. This is your opportunity to teach them about their amazing strength.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 03:20 AM 02-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
Hi! Such an interesting thread. I read to post 37 and have it bookmarked to read the rest later . I found it by searching "impatiens". I'm trying to find a Bach flower remedy that will work for me. Or a combination. I have a short attention span, I get moody, very easily distracted, and I ignore other people more than I should.

Is there anything that can help me with that? I can give more info if you need it.

It occured to me that I should define moody: I feel angry, but not a focused anger just a general "cloud" of anger and I want to scream and strike out with my hands and make everything go away. Not constantly, but when I do feel like that I'll feel like that for days on end, then I'm fine again.

Thanks!

Hmmm, I'd look at holly, beech, cherry plum, and heather. Why are you distracted? What are you distracted by? Do you ignore others because you are thinking about your own stuff?
MyLittleWonders's Avatar MyLittleWonders 04:08 AM 02-04-2008
Subbing ... what a wonderful thread!
momofmine's Avatar momofmine 12:47 PM 02-04-2008
Quote:
I
It is never a healthy thing to make a decision from a place of fear. That will never be in alignment with your true self.
That is so interesting that you put it like that, because this exact lesson keeps coming back to me time and time again. Someone has said that to me before, "Don't make a decision based on fear" and I always think about this, but I seem to keep forgetting it. Maybe each time I am coming closer to learning it and truly absorbing it, but I don't want to keep ignoring the same lesson, you know?

I don't want to make choices based on fear.
bluets's Avatar bluets 05:36 PM 02-14-2008
subbing coz i'm intrigued about this topic...

ds is moving from a toddler room at daycare into the preschool room, he's night-weaning himself, and is no longer having wet night-time diapers. the word "transition" pops into mind prominently.

from what i've read, if i want to dabble in flower essences, it would be appropriate to use walnut on him. now, do i tell him what it is for? that is, "here, darling, this will help ease your anxiety over the transition" or "this will make you feel better" ...

when we use homeopathics, i usually tell him this is the "tummy" medicine or the "ear" medicine or his "special"medicine (his constitutional). usually, the second it pops into his mouth (this is especially true for arnica), he declares himself better. with colds, it takes a little longer for things to work but, at the very least, his mood is improved after a dose.
Panserbjorne's Avatar Panserbjorne 06:10 PM 02-14-2008
You can use your judgment. Walnut is an appropriate essence, and there may be more as well. I don't always tell my kids exactly what they are for. I tell them that it is medicine to help them feel better. If ds has nightmares I get the aspen and star. He knows then that those are for the nightmare. If dd regresses and is having issues with the potty, she will get a blend of walnut, chicory, cherry plum and possible crabapple. She knows it's to help her use the potty.

You can decide what is best for him. He doesn't need to know what it is for it to work, but it may help him gain some confidence to know that there is something he can do for his issues.

What I love about the flowers is that my kids do know to ask for them. dd jsut came last night and swiped the dogwood bottle. She absolutely knew (at not yet 4) that it was what she needed. I love that she can already do things like that for herself. Just like any of them will ask for arnica after a tumble. It's really empowering for them.
1  2  3 4  5  13  ... Last

Up